FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Conundrum on profiles

Conundrum on profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Trying to sort this one out in my mind...loads of profiles state not meeting until Covid is over or similar.

Is there a bell to be rung that says Covid is over ?

From latest pronouncements zero Covid is now agreed to be a pipedream and reality is it becomes an underlying virus that bubbles up from time to time. So by that, does it mean all of those with such a status will never play again ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I imagine that every person, including myself, will make their own decisions at a time that suits them.

I anticipate meeting again when the threat of Covid is closer to the threat of measles in the UK.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We will make our own judgement and meet as and when we see fit. No idea when that'll be.

Same as pre Covid though - there's never been any compulsion to meet people.

Manchester (she/her)

I also feel that zero Covid, while difficult, is still the most responsible thing to aim for.

Unfortunately I'm not confident our leaders can spell it, let alone define it or live by it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I also feel that zero Covid, while difficult, is still the most responsible thing to aim for.

Unfortunately I'm not confident our leaders can spell it, let alone define it or live by it."

We aren't because we are still in a lockdown...even when restrictions are lifted and house holds are allowed to start mixing people still need to be careful

"I also feel that zero Covid, while difficult, is still the most responsible thing to aim for.

Unfortunately I'm not confident our leaders can spell it, let alone define it or live by it."

zero covid is practically impossible just like zero infectious disease is impossible.. funny when something effects the west... this sort of thing has been going on with other diseases for last hundred years. World only stopped cos it effected the west not just Africa.or. Asia

Manchester (she/her)

Unfortunately I'm not confident our leaders can spell it, let alone define it or live by it.

zero covid is practically impossible just like zero infectious disease is impossible.. funny when something effects the west... this sort of thing has been going on with other diseases for last hundred years. World only stopped cos it effected the west not just Africa.or. Asia "

Disease elimination or aiming for disease elimination is possible. Zero doesn't mean absolutely none and absolutely no risk, it means an extremely low risk and proactive prevention where risk arises.

So, like the UK has with measles, for example.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People tend to communicate the gist of their meaning, even if they don't specify the full minuteae of all of the details - especially to people they don't know, such as unknown profile viewers.

The pedantic may always struggle to want the full explicit details of everything, whilst the majority will take a mature, relaxed approach to things, especially when the future is uncertain and outcomes out of their hands.

Take it to mean that people will only meet when, as a minimum, the law allows it. And when they have had the chance to understand the situation, as it progresses over time. Everyone has different needs and levels of risk comfort. Many will fall in line with what's permitted in clubs.

Take your own decisions and assume the future is uncertain

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

For us it will be when clubs are allowed to open as normal. Which at this rate is in about a year!

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

maybe when Fab reinstates the looking to meet page, everyone can agree its safe enoughish kinda to meet.

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"I imagine that every person, including myself, will make their own decisions at a time that suits them.

I anticipate meeting again when the threat of Covid is closer to the threat of measles in the UK. "

Absolutely this. There are numerous variables to consider. In addition to ourselves it is to do with our families and childcare provision. No social interaction is ever 100% safe or ever has been. That is why we will always limit risks within our own acceptable threshold

Manchester (she/her)

"I imagine that every person, including myself, will make their own decisions at a time that suits them.

I anticipate meeting again when the threat of Covid is closer to the threat of measles in the UK.

Absolutely this. There are numerous variables to consider. In addition to ourselves it is to do with our families and childcare provision. No social interaction is ever 100% safe or ever has been. That is why we will always limit risks within our own acceptable threshold "

I should emphasise that I'm not saying everyone should decide entirely for themselves. More, there's an acceptable risk that will be set by society. People may be more conservative than the law allows.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We will look at our personal circumstances and the risks then base our plans on that.

By *uicy jugsWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Trying to sort this one out in my mind...loads of profiles state not meeting until Covid is over or similar.

Is there a bell to be rung that says Covid is over ?

From latest pronouncements zero Covid is now agreed to be a pipedream and reality is it becomes an underlying virus that bubbles up from time to time. So by that, does it mean all of those with such a status will never play again ?"

Most of have multiple reasons for not meeting as in clinically high risk or have vulnerable members of family we are not meeting so why the hell would we meet strangers another is the struct fines imposeed fraid i have better plans for 1k than hand it over for fines and i find its the guys who are not swingers but think this is free for all site that are gagging for sex that do the most moaning

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I anticipate meeting again when the threat of Covid is closer to the threat of measles in the UK. "

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

» Add a new message to this topic