FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will football ever be the same?

Will football ever be the same?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

It feels like the energy and electricity have gone from the game that was generated from the crowds and the footballers. I wonder how it feels to play now compared to before? I guess that there isnt so much intensity in the game as a player might not have the same extra energy from the noice from the crowd

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

It would be great if football became less prevalent and the wages dropped. No one who kicks a ball is worth so much more money than (for example) Nurses.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It would be great if football became less prevalent and the wages dropped. No one who kicks a ball is worth so much more money than (for example) Nurses."

Spoken by someone who knows nothing of our national sport.

Jock Stein said

"Without fans, you've not got a game of football!"

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

There are a lot of things in life we can easily live without.

All that was needed was for the habit to get broken and that is precisely what has happened to many activities.

Feels very strange I miss going despite being a arsenal fan!

By *ral_isthenewblackMan  over a year ago

london

"Feels very strange I miss going despite being a arsenal fan!"

Well lets hope for a miracle tommorow

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Watched a cpl of games wen they first let games resume but not botherd since.was like watching a training match.dont think i will bother watchingeven wen things get back to normal.

Still brings me great enjoyment watching the famous Glasgow rangers rampaging through the league and Europe

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"There are a lot of things in life we can easily live without.

All that was needed was for the habit to get broken and that is precisely what has happened to many activities."

Just because people can live without them doesn't mean they should. Thats the great thing about this country there is something for everyone and even if you don't enjoy something there are thousands that do that is unless you want to live like a monk for the rest of your life.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Crowds will come back but VAR will stay and the nanny approach to the game has ruined it anyway.

The game I grew up loving no longer exists sadly

"Feels very strange I miss going despite being a arsenal fan!"

It’s pretty much the same for Arsenal, empty seats and no atmosphere is common place at the emirates pre Covid

"Jock Stein said

"Without fans, you've not got a game of football!""

Yes, that kind of is right, as it will be more of an atmosphere with the crowds too

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"It feels like the energy and electricity have gone from the game that was generated from the crowds and the footballers. I wonder how it feels to play now compared to before? I guess that there isnt so much intensity in the game as a player might not have the same extra energy from the noice from the crowd "

It is a different game with no fans...you just don't hear the passion that fans bring!!

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

"It would be great if football became less prevalent and the wages dropped. No one who kicks a ball is worth so much more money than (for example) Nurses."

Correct

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yes. It will return, once a year is gone

By *ufia SnowbunnyTV/TS  over a year ago

Hastings

I already have to wait until next season, whenever that is, for my team to play again

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Don't you think players are trying stuff now that they never would have done with 50k baying fans?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We still enjoy watching it on tv, now we've got used to it, but some games are like training games.

"It feels like the energy and electricity have gone from the game that was generated from the crowds and the footballers. I wonder how it feels to play now compared to before? I guess that there isnt so much intensity in the game as a player might not have the same extra energy from the noice from the crowd

It is a different game with no fans...you just don't hear the passion that fans bring!!"

Yes, the passion is missing from the game without the crowds, it also must be quiet demotivating for the players, as noone is sheering them on, so the performance might not be the same as if the crowds where there.

"It would be great if football became less prevalent and the wages dropped. No one who kicks a ball is worth so much more money than (for example) Nurses.

Spoken by someone who knows nothing of our national sport."

What is there to know? It is what it is.. Men getting paid more money in a week than an average person gets paid in a year just for kicking a ball around a field. It never did appeal to me.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I always find or strange when people post in threads they have no interest in.

Like someone said before footy without fans are like training sessions.

It's a cliche but its nothing without the fans.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It would be great if football became less prevalent and the wages dropped. No one who kicks a ball is worth so much more money than (for example) Nurses.

Spoken by someone who knows nothing of our national sport."

I'd say to be fair that no sports player etc needs to earn the millions that some do

That goes for all sports not just football.. I've never ever understood quite how it got like that.

Was watching a series about touring cars and they said in the mid 90s suddenly it got all about the money and suddenly people were earning mega bucks... didnt make for a better sport...

And I understand football as dated a guy who had played in his youth and he still had friends who played now. I told him I didn't get how or why those sorts of salaries were needed

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Oh and as much as I am not a football fan... I've found most sports seem lacking without the crowd.. so would imagine football to be the same.

Even watching... I find my sports weird to watch without the passion and the cheers of the crowds x but mostly I miss the watching it with friends

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 21/02/21 00:30:39]

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We miss going to watch our grandson play, God knows when that will return...

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

If it were gone tomorrow it would be no loss to this household.

We can't stand it.

People paying good money to watch the most disloyal underachievers kicking a ball around a field and singing love songs to them.

Nope, not for us.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Spoken by someone who knows nothing of our national sport. I'd say to be fair that no sports player etc needs to earn the millions that some do

That goes for all sports not just football.. I've never ever understood quite how it got like that.

Was watching a series about touring cars and they said in the mid 90s suddenly it got all about the money and suddenly people were earning mega bucks... didnt make for a better sport...

And I understand football as dated a guy who had played in his youth and he still had friends who played now. I told him I didn't get how or why those sorts of salaries were needed "

Upto the 80s the players got paid well but nothing by today's standards and the game was on its arse.

But for various reasons it became popular in the 90s,the likes of sky moved in and it was awash with money.

I dont think anyone should earn those ridiculous amounts but if that money is going somewhere, I'd rather it go the players than directors etc

You would think at some point the bubble would burst, it did it Italy, but no signs of that here yet,especially for the big clubs.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I played fifa today, first time in ages. Can't tell you have weird it was seeing crowds in the stadium, even though they're fake. Strange how quickly things become normal.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Spoken by someone who knows nothing of our national sport. I'd say to be fair that no sports player etc needs to earn the millions that some do

And I understand football as dated a guy who had played in his youth and he still had friends who played now. I told him I didn't get how or why those sorts of salaries were needed

Upto the 80s the players got paid well but nothing by today's standards and the game was on its arse.

But for various reasons it became popular in the 90s,the likes of sky moved in and it was awash with money.

I dont think anyone should earn those ridiculous amounts but if that money is going somewhere, I'd rather it go the players than directors etc

You would think at some point the bubble would burst, it did it Italy, but no signs of that here yet,especially for the big clubs.

"

And France, the broadcasters had to reneg on their TV deal, that's looking like it might go south of a other buyer doesn't stump up the cash. That's how fragile it all is.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"It feels like the energy and electricity have gone from the game that was generated from the crowds and the footballers. I wonder how it feels to play now compared to before? I guess that there isnt so much intensity in the game as a player might not have the same extra energy from the noice from the crowd "

better before all the premier league hype... its been shite for years with or without fans...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Been watching the cricket from India and the crowds bring the game alive

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Still love it. Will always love it.

Can’t wait for it to get back to more “normal”

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I find it strange that people are quick to criticize football player's, even though there the people that earn the money in that industry.

But generally stay silent about politicians like hancock, sploshing taxpayers money to his cronies??

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Football is only 90 minutes out of a match day experience for many.

Mates, beers, inappropriate food, match, more beer, curry, taxi home makes for a good day out. A proper way to spend a Saturday.

By *endulum 20Couple  over a year ago

sandy

[Removed by poster at 26/02/21 22:28:47]

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Oh and as much as I am not a football fan... I've found most sports seem lacking without the crowd.. so would imagine football to be the same.

Even watching... I find my sports weird to watch without the passion and the cheers of the crowds x but mostly I miss the watching it with friends"

I miss watching with friends but seeing the boxing and ufc events without the crowd noise is really interesting to me. You can hear everything from punches and kicks/kicks landing to how the corners/fighters interact during the fights. Its such a weird dynamic that you never usually hear

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

And I understand football as dated a guy who had played in his youth and he still had friends who played now. I told him I didn't get how or why those sorts of salaries were needed "

I can't comment about football but I've competed at a high level in a few other sports. Elite athletes deserve every penny they earn. The amount of training that goes in to most sports to be at that level is foreign to most. I wasn't earning a fraction of an elite footballers wage, yet was putting in at least a 60 hour week training.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Football died when VAR got introduced.

"It feels like the energy and electricity have gone from the game that was generated from the crowds and the footballers. I wonder how it feels to play now compared to before? I guess that there isnt so much intensity in the game as a player might not have the same extra energy from the noice from the crowd

Still love it. Will always love it.

Can’t wait for it to get back to more “normal” "

Yes same here. I also still like it, or close to "normal"

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Will football ever be the same?"

Yes of course it will. Eventually.

Luckily, when for a brief moment we were allowed to go into stadiums it was weird and it’ll be weird having someone sat so close but football will definitely go back to normal at some point and we’ll all look back and laugh at that weird year that happened!

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I completely agree with these statements. Until you compete you don't understand the commitment of these world class sports people.

I competed at amateur level and even just to win at that meant all your spare time and money went into training, travelling, kit and of course competing.

Plus it's market forces at work. People are happy to pay for Sky sports and BT etc so the players can command these wages but don't want to pay more taxes so nurses can have a pay increase.

As long as we (Man U) finish above LiVARpool for the next 30yrs, not fussed either way..haha

» Add a new message to this topic