FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > covid referendum

covid referendum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

just thinking out the box, not serious really .. if there was some sort of referendum on the virus what kind of actions would you vote for in a covid abolishment party

one that stayed in lockdown forever til every last death and transmission had happened or herd immunity right now as vaccines underway

or something inbetween for most of us?

what would you vote for and what party with what policies would win.. also.. if it carried on to next summer and the summer after that what world would you be prepared to live in?

Thoughts please x

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"just thinking out the box, not serious really .. if there was some sort of referendum on the virus what kind of actions would you vote for in a covid abolishment party

one that stayed in lockdown forever til every last death and transmission had happened or herd immunity right now as vaccines underway

what would you vote for and what party with what policies would win.. also.. if it carried on to next summer and the summer after that what world would you be prepared to live in?

Thoughts please x

d"

Lockdown till R was at 0.5 with less the 10,000 infections per week then unlock small shops and hair dressers, if it strayed down hospitality all the time sorting out schools even if one year per day to start. And increase from there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Natural selection is part of human existence acceptance.

"just thinking out the box, not serious really .. if there was some sort of referendum on the virus what kind of actions would you vote for in a covid abolishment party

Thoughts please x

d

Lockdown till R was at 0.5 with less the 10,000 infections per week then unlock small shops and hair dressers, if it strayed down hospitality all the time sorting out schools even if one year per day to start. And increase from there "

sensible

Hastings

"Natural selection is part of human existence acceptance. "

That disapeard with medication or all hospitailidatin would now be dead. And not illness would be fatal. But it would save money and refuse the population.

Is that the mantra you repeat as you go bareback?

"Natural selection is part of human existence acceptance.

Is that the mantra you repeat as you go bareback? "

It’s the mantra I repeat when I look at the £280 billion bill my generation and my children’s generation will have to pay for, the thousands of cancelled operations, millions of children development put on hold for over a year, with limited interaction with other children too.

And for what?

The way we record Covid death is wrong

Anyone who is co morbid and terminally ill should not be recorded as a Covid death. It’s misleading.

Lockdown for the healthy majority has been a total disaster and as evidence in US suggests doesn’t actually work when veiled with the knock on socia economic deaths longer term.

The average age of a Covid male death is over 84 in UK.

The average life expectancy for UK male is 79.

That is what I mean regarding natural selection. Humans DIE.

BUT appreciate the judgement you honour

Thoughts please x

d"

If the fab forums are anything to go on it would be absolute insanity to ask the general public to form decisions on.

Covid is a ridiculously complex issue which even the most scientifically minded people in the world have struggled to understand fully.

Its something as a population we need to be guided on.

It’s the mantra I repeat when I look at the £280 billion bill my generation and my children’s generation will have to pay for, the thousands of cancelled operations, millions of children development put on hold for over a year, with limited interaction with other children too.

And for what?

Anyone who is co morbid and terminally ill should not be recorded as a Covid death. It’s misleading.

Lockdown for the healthy majority has been a total disaster and as evidence in US suggests doesn’t actually work when veiled with the knock on socia economic deaths longer term.

BUT appreciate the judgement you honour "

And you form a decision based on a single point you’ve selected from the 1,000’s of bits of information out there.

It’s a shame you fail to consider any of the repercussions of flinging the doors open and just cracking on. At that point of time your statistics of average age etc would go out of the window as the numbers of infected people wouldn’t be able to be effectively treated.

It’s interesting you raise the 1,000’s of cancelled operations... I thought humans just die and we should except that? Why’s delivering that required intervention important yet the more urgent task of bringing people into HDU’s isnt? Perhaps it’s just select the bits you want to reinforce your own emotions concerning lockdown?

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

This, It's the only option that is not human influenced, a non bias one. it's the only way I can see the least amount of monopolization and greed and human based selection occurring.

yes as a naturist(think avatar) I know who this hits most, yet the rest of the natural world works this way just fine, It is only us who defy it with death elimination driven healthcare as if someone isn't allowed to die a dignified death, pump them with pills upon pills & more pills for side effects, little to no quality of life, and give them a painful death, there's little mercy in that system, only the appearance of it

(end of life ref not continuing)

Nature provides medicines, healings and poisons...so don't be silly, even animals know this (that's where the pharmaceuticals got the recipes from...(but can't replicate like nature hence side effects), death is so many things, mainly in every form it provides nutrients for other things to live, its a necessary process.

what is the alternative we live forever? our populations continue to grow because no one is allowed to die? growing populations need more resources...we're getting a bit skint/polluted on those hence the push for inter galactic resources including growing on mars & the moon (china has cotton on dark side)

Great Post

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I would want testing in all indoor settings where there is a large quantity of time being spent together, with a decent test and track system and new strain detection.

Focus on medicines to treat the disease.

We can live with this without lots of restrictions

I’ve thought a lot about this and I think I’m going towards the ... we can’t all live forever (there are way too many people in the world) and we need to find a way of living with this. It’s a stealthy virus, but a year on, we just have to kind of accept that unfortunately some people die. It maybe has a 2.5-3% death rate on people who catch it. Certainly not a 40-50%

It’s certainly not sustainable for anyone to carry on this way for another year or more..

And by the way, before anyone jumps at my throat, I know really close people who have lost someone because of covid. And obviously it’s very sad

this is me too.. ive been working in the face of it in the effort to so doing my bit

d

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

So we should erase the NHS and just take our chances?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Thoughts please x

d"

Low R number below 0.5..gradual phased opening of everything with the understanding that things can close again too until safe

absolute proof of vaccination/ ' healthy' status before being admitted to another county, country or area where people gather in numbers..

Mandatory vaccinations for some job roles involving working with people .. People can make an informed choice then about what they do for a living and how they want to live.

Testing and RnD to create a vaccine everyone can take as soon as possible without any adverse reactions.

Introduction of annual top up. vaccines for everyone.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Should we close all hospitals, medical research lab, sack all the medical staff and let nature take it's course. If a child dies in the street because of a nut allergy, shouyld we steo over them because natural selection has deemed them unfit.

Part of natural selection and evolution has led us to the creation of science and the ability to create medicines and treat people with medical conditions once thought incurable.

Rediculous statement.

End rant.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Dear OP. There is a TV show called Pointless. You might enjoy it.

"Natural selection is part of human existence acceptance. Should we close all hospitals, medical research lab, sack all the medical staff and let nature take it's course. If a child dies in the street because of a nut allergy, shouyld we steo over them because natural selection has deemed them unfit.

Part of natural selection and evolution has led us to the creation of science and the ability to create medicines and treat people with medical conditions once thought incurable.

Rediculous statement.

End rant.

"

Naturally selection doesn’t end because of human intervention it just modifies it. Lol

North Yorkshire

Referendums because they don't have a "resolve by" date seem to drag on and on until a General Election is looming and then suddenly it is panic stations.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I think the great British public have already demonstrated that large sections of them don’t understand what they are voting for (Brexit) so probably best not let them have another go!

North Yorkshire

So we should erase the NHS and just take our chances? "

Is there not a mechanism to furlough the Prone Minister? And take our chances.

"Referendums because they don't have a "resolve by" date seem to drag on and on until a General Election is looming and then suddenly it is panic stations. "

i nearly called the thread a covid election lol

"I think the great British public have already demonstrated that large sections of them don’t understand what they are voting for (Brexit) so probably best not let them have another go!"

Dont drag brexit in to ffs.

Brighton

"I think the great British public have already demonstrated that large sections of them don’t understand what they are voting for (Brexit) so probably best not let them have another go!

Dont drag brexit in to ffs. "

Sorry but couldn’t resist in reference to a referendum

By *aekaeWoman  over a year ago

Between a cock and a soft place

And for what?

And you form a decision based on a single point you’ve selected from the 1,000’s of bits of information out there.

It’s a shame you fail to consider any of the repercussions of flinging the doors open and just cracking on. At that point of time your statistics of average age etc would go out of the window as the numbers of infected people wouldn’t be able to be effectively treated.

It’s interesting you raise the 1,000’s of cancelled operations... I thought humans just die and we should except that? Why’s delivering that required intervention important yet the more urgent task of bringing people into HDU’s isnt? Perhaps it’s just select the bits you want to reinforce your own emotions concerning lockdown? "

This.......

I find it amusing when someone posts a ridiculous proposition, then refutes it with the very argument they're putting forward.

One the one hand; Death is inevitable!!!!!

But then again; What about all the life saving operations that have been postponed??????

North Yorkshire

Thoughts please x

d

Low R number below 0.5..gradual phased opening of everything with the understanding that things can close again too until safe

absolute proof of vaccination/ ' healthy' status before being admitted to another county, country or area where people gather in numbers..

Mandatory vaccinations for some job roles involving working with people .. People can make an informed choice then about what they do for a living and how they want to live.

Testing and RnD to create a vaccine everyone can take as soon as possible without any adverse reactions.

Introduction of annual top up. vaccines for everyone.

"

You are more at risk at contracting influenza than you are of contracting the Covid Disease. This year, though, being the exception as influenza is having a year off and taking time out in St Ives, Cornwall. So anybody visiting St Ives should be aware of this.

By *ixieUKMan  over a year ago

MORDEN

This, It's the only option that is not human influenced, a non bias one. it's the only way I can see the least amount of monopolization and greed and human based selection occurring.

yes as a naturist(think avatar) I know who this hits most, yet the rest of the natural world works this way just fine, It is only us who defy it with death elimination driven healthcare as if someone isn't allowed to die a dignified death, pump them with pills upon pills & more pills for side effects, little to no quality of life, and give them a painful death, there's little mercy in that system, only the appearance of it

(end of life ref not continuing)

Nature provides medicines, healings and poisons...so don't be silly, even animals know this (that's where the pharmaceuticals got the recipes from...(but can't replicate like nature hence side effects), death is so many things, mainly in every form it provides nutrients for other things to live, its a necessary process.

what is the alternative we live forever? our populations continue to grow because no one is allowed to die? growing populations need more resources...we're getting a bit skint/polluted on those hence the push for inter galactic resources including growing on mars & the moon (china has cotton on dark side) "

I like your thinking, similar to my own

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Low r value - potentially 0.4 and lower. Restrictions eased gradually, including possible vaccinated people getting broader access, a few weeks ahead of others. Targetted resources in areas with any increased infections. Full compensation for isolation, to help others. Testing of foreign visitors as now.

Mandatory evaluation of the lessons learned so far and punishments as appropriate for leaders.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

That’s ok if you ever end up in hospital just tell them that you don’t believe in medicine or treatment and put a DNR on your notes

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

That’s ok if you ever end up in hospital just tell them that you don’t believe in medicine or treatment and put a DNR on your notes "

One is more willing to accept natural selection when one is not the one singled out for death, naturally. Natural selection applies only to other people...

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

damned if they do ,,,,,,,,, damned if they dont ,,,,,,,

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

And for what?

It’s interesting you raise the 1,000’s of cancelled operations... I thought humans just die and we should except that? Why’s delivering that required intervention important yet the more urgent task of bringing people into HDU’s isnt? Perhaps it’s just select the bits you want to reinforce your own emotions concerning lockdown? "

Why can't we just have our own opinions? Why do people feel the need to shoot them down if there not the same as there own?

Open up ASAP. Probably a similar path to what’s announced but less of a gap between each step. This isn’t going away and the vaccine is the only solution. If it works we should open and if it doesn’t then nothing will, so we should open.

That’s ok if you ever end up in hospital just tell them that you don’t believe in medicine or treatment and put a DNR on your notes "

I clearly didn’t say I do not believe in medicine.

I suggested that considering the situation, medical intervention of some patients is cruel and unnecessary, Covid has demonstrated to me a culture of endless medical intervention that is totally delusional. Old people die. Sick people die. It’s not nice, but it’s inevitable.

I feel based on evidence from California and Texas, our own experiences in U.K. that lockdown has been a total avoidable disaster.

The backbone of the working nation has been prevented from functioning. We have stalled a generation academically and decimated the economy.

The cure is definitely not a cure, it’s a comfort blanket which will wreck more lives than Covid.

But hey as long as Marge 89 with dementia, cancer and diabetes lives an extra 5 months in an nhs bed connected to countless tubes and machines it’s worth it!!

Makes total sense to me. I’m a total idiot.

Apologies

That’s ok if you ever end up in hospital just tell them that you don’t believe in medicine or treatment and put a DNR on your notes

I suggested that considering the situation, medical intervention of some patients is cruel and unnecessary, Covid has demonstrated to me a culture of endless medical intervention that is totally delusional. Old people die. Sick people die. It’s not nice, but it’s inevitable.

I feel based on evidence from California and Texas, our own experiences in U.K. that lockdown has been a total avoidable disaster.

The backbone of the working nation has been prevented from functioning. We have stalled a generation academically and decimated the economy.

The cure is definitely not a cure, it’s a comfort blanket which will wreck more lives than Covid.

But hey as long as Marge 89 with dementia, cancer and diabetes lives an extra 5 months in an nhs bed connected to countless tubes and machines it’s worth it!!

Apologies"

The family of Marge 89, with dementia, cancer and diabetes will probably be eternally grateful for those extra 5 months.

Marge 89 might be too.....

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Apologies

The family of Marge 89, with dementia, cancer and diabetes will probably be eternally grateful for those extra 5 months.

Marge 89 might be too....."

Meanwhile, locking down to prevent the collapse of the health system.

This also helps Joe, 45, with an underlying condition which in normal times is not life limiting. He's saved when he goes to hospital.

Dr Smith, 57, whose PTSD would have been much worse if she'd had to work in deteriorating conditions.

Cindy, 34, whose breast cancer surgery is delayed by current disruption but whose life is ultimately saved.

Margaret, 62, who never caught Covid, who's been incredibly careful, who has no relevant underlying conditions... but who developed an unrelated genetic condition which can only be seen if the NHS isn't utterly swamped.

Apologies

Exactly and I find it funny that people don't actually mean that you'll selection they mean Anyone who they see doesn't have a life worth living.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Apologies

From personal experience I very much doubt that.

Apologies

From personal experience I very much doubt that. "

Everyone's situation, circumstances and experiences are different.

You're not writing "lets do notbing, it's ok if old people die" posts.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Don't ever ask the public, including me.

If this pandemic has shown anything, it's the selfishness, self centred attitude of many, mistaking facts as bias reinforcement and just being dicks.

If a meteor was heading on a crash course to earth and you were a politician, would you let people know ?

Apologies

Trust my mother died of dementia last year.

Another 5 month of her dementia would have been hell on earth for her and her children.

She had 7 kids and never knew any of us.

So don't be so flippant about marge and her dementia.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

one year on global cases worldwide account for 1.5% of the total population, with fatality counting for 0.03%.

yes people have lost their lives but it

is nothing new and people will still die.

Crippling economy, loss of jobs impacting famillies, major mental health rise due to lockdowns. Cancer death will go up a stupid ammount because of lack of detection. the list could go on and on.

And as mentionned before average death for males in the uk 84 with a lot already terminally ill.

Apologies

Trust my mother died of dementia last year.

Another 5 month of her dementia would have been hell on earth for her and her children.

She had 7 kids and never knew any of us.

So don't be so flippant about marge and her dementia. "

my mother suffering badly too.. she lives alone and is going mad and barely remembers her grandkids i am going to have to manufacture some kind of garden visit in March

By *weedeldumbCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Leeds & Harrogate

Its an interesting question. But the actual fact that we all have to face, whether we like it or not, is that we're not 'educated' enough in order to vote effectively in your referendum.

By educated I mean we simply do not have the data and subsequent experience necessary to make such a decision. The main data missing being that, with this being an ongoing situation, we are relying on predictions rather than hindsight.

I don't mean this to sound negative. Just realistic.

isn't it just kinda the same as the climate change question tho.. we might not know all the ins and outs but we know the basics

would you vote for a polluting government that made loads of jobs

or for an eco friendly one that changed world for better

i wonder if herd immunity on 65 per cent vacc would be a winning vote at the minute if it went to a vote, just trying to gauge public opinion

d

Hastings

And for what?

BUT appreciate the judgement you honour "

we will be paying about the same for the renewing of Trident. I would rather pay there bill as it saved life not looked at destroying it.....

A referendum! Brilliant idea.

I imagine one party would probably use NHS funding as a key area to win votes... I think those that want to exit lockdown would edge it by 52% but those that want to remain wouldn't accept it and continue to make it difficult to exit without loads of extra measures that make it seem like we weren't exiting at all.

Something else would come along for us to argue about eventually though...

Hastings

"I’ve thought a lot about this and I think I’m going towards the ... we can’t all live forever (there are way too many people in the world) and we need to find a way of living with this. It’s a stealthy virus, but a year on, we just have to kind of accept that unfortunately some people die. It maybe has a 2.5-3% death rate on people who catch it. Certainly not a 40-50%

It’s certainly not sustainable for anyone to carry on this way for another year or more..

And by the way, before anyone jumps at my throat, I know really close people who have lost someone because of covid. And obviously it’s very sad "

It is 2.5 3% with medical intervention and lockdowns so what about without without it might be 40 to 50% but would that be a bad thing as stated we all die at some point.

Hastings

And for what?

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"I would want testing in all indoor settings where there is a large quantity of time being spent together, with a decent test and track system and new strain detection.

Focus on medicines to treat the disease.

We can live with this without lots of restrictions "

Well what a contradiction those comments are .

We have vaccines now another month of jabs and an end to all restrictions / masks / distancing etc , people will catch it and it will be just another bloody cold like bug ..... some may have it worse, I except that .... live life

"I’ve thought a lot about this and I think I’m going towards the ... we can’t all live forever (there are way too many people in the world) and we need to find a way of living with this. It’s a stealthy virus, but a year on, we just have to kind of accept that unfortunately some people die. It maybe has a 2.5-3% death rate on people who catch it. Certainly not a 40-50%

And by the way, before anyone jumps at my throat, I know really close people who have lost someone because of covid. And obviously it’s very sad

It is 2.5 3% with medical intervention and lockdowns so what about without without it might be 40 to 50% but would that be a bad thing as stated we all die at some point. "

One point I would like to add is if it was just left to herd immunity to defeat this virus it wouldn't work. As has been seen recently in the amount of mutations going round. If left to run riot without controls the amount of mutations may be in the thousands and there is always the possibility of a much more deadlier strain emerging.

merseyside

It is 2.5 3% with medical intervention and lockdowns so what about without without it might be 40 to 50% but would that be a bad thing as stated we all die at some point. "

That's very true, we all die at some point.

I would rather my "some point" just not be next week but thanks for the offer.

Too many rabbits in the uk and then myxomatosis came along and culled the amount to a sensible level. We now have too many people in the world for the resources and ruining the planet. COVID comes along? Just saying

Buy plenty of ventilators, open up economy and vaccinate first those who can go to work and generate some profits.

Stop over moaning. Spanish flu, which killed millions ended on its own and that was the case through centuries.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"Too many rabbits in the uk and then myxomatosis came along and culled the amount to a sensible level. We now have too many people in the world for the resources and ruining the planet. COVID comes along? Just saying "

covid did not reduce the planet population there is still a lot more birth than deaths

Brighton

"Too many rabbits in the uk and then myxomatosis came along and culled the amount to a sensible level. We now have too many people in the world for the resources and ruining the planet. COVID comes along? Just saying "

Only a fool would ignore the fact that there are too many humans for the resources of our planet to support. Trouble is who is willing to sacrifice themselves so others can carry on? Doubt there are many?

"Too many rabbits in the uk and then myxomatosis came along and culled the amount to a sensible level. We now have too many people in the world for the resources and ruining the planet. COVID comes along? Just saying

covid did not reduce the planet population there is still a lot more birth than deaths"

We have to find that guy on Fabswingers who is not using a condom and make sure he uses them

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

It is 2.5 3% with medical intervention and lockdowns so what about without without it might be 40 to 50% but would that be a bad thing as stated we all die at some point.

One point I would like to add is if it was just left to herd immunity to defeat this virus it wouldn't work. As has been seen recently in the amount of mutations going round. If left to run riot without controls the amount of mutations may be in the thousands and there is always the possibility of a much more deadlier strain emerging."

So how have we survived other viruses, when we haven't had a vaccine?

merseyside

One point I would like to add is if it was just left to herd immunity to defeat this virus it wouldn't work. As has been seen recently in the amount of mutations going round. If left to run riot without controls the amount of mutations may be in the thousands and there is always the possibility of a much more deadlier strain emerging.

So how have we survived other viruses, when we haven't had a vaccine?"

Depends what area of the body the virus attacks.

Death rates from virus over the centuries have been massive.

Population movement, international travel and weekends in Benidorm were less prevalent in the 18th century.

Basically, loads of reasons.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So how have we survived other viruses, when we haven't had a vaccine?"

Lots of people died.

I would probably vote for anyone ending the more excessive restrictions. I’m all for vaccine rollouts and masks, but I also believe the cost is going to outweigh the gains.

I’d alSo look for any party that looks at long term solutions rather than short term quick fixes. We cannot shut down forever, equally we cannot close our borders forever. Mutations will arrive, people will die. Any group that can present a sensible cost analysis would get my vote. Are we just pushing the problem down the road and spreading the lockdown costs across longer periods of time.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"Too many rabbits in the uk and then myxomatosis came along and culled the amount to a sensible level. We now have too many people in the world for the resources and ruining the planet. COVID comes along? Just saying

Only a fool would ignore the fact that there are too many humans for the resources of our planet to support. Trouble is who is willing to sacrifice themselves so others can carry on? Doubt there are many?"

a large part of the problem is all the shit we don't really need, the cars, the plastic etc our western rich lifestyles drive the issues around the world, the factories in 3rd/developing world that pollute are doing it so we can buy new clothes every other week, the waste ends up in these countries too and everywhere in between and these are the same countries that house most of the biodiversity that we like to destroy to get to the minerals underneath...

greenwashing aint helping oh yeah go vegan, don't use bio degradeable think because you like plastic, oh and soya which is what a lot of vegan foods are made from. more like think indigenous, if your gonna kill to eat use all the animal.

As for resources for food, you only need 2 acres to live on each & be self sustainable, the problem there is greed...highland clearances, America etc

and now fresh water diminishing, soil degradation, acidic ocean waters.

viruses, droughts and famine we'll see upon mass this century...every century has mass loss of life one way or another, ours is bigger so will be much wider felt.

sorry carried away in thoughts

» Add a new message to this topic