FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How long did you feel ill with the virus

How long did you feel ill with the virus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovesknickersMan  over a year ago

send me location

Tested positive 16th December felt unwell for 24hrs the day prior. Developed and still have a cough ever since although it's starting to get better finally

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Presumed case in May. In bed for three weeks solid, fatigue/ chest pain for 2-3 months

Funny how it affects people differently. I just heard from my parents and my mother is getting better but my father hasn't been out of bed for over a week and doesn't seem to be getting any better not eating.

I felt bad for around 4 days and I'm still not 100% but I've had worse flu

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I felt bad for around 4 days and I'm still not 100% but I've had worse flu "

I was poorly for around a week the first time.

A little bit flu like the second time but wouldn’t have been off work usually (obviously was as it was covid)

Some people have low stats for months afterwards. So scary x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I was poorly for about 2 to 3 weeks. With about 16 days where I could barely get out of bed...

Suffered fatigue and a tight chest for several months.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Felt rough for a week

But it agrivated my left wrist so 3 weeks later that is still in a splint lost a stone.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve not had the virus ....fingers crossed i don’t get it.

"I’ve not had the virus ....fingers crossed i don’t get it."

This picture is giving me another fever

"I’ve not had the virus ....fingers crossed i don’t get it.

This picture is giving me another fever "

Had a small cough. Tested positive on a Monday. Poleaxed by Wednesday. That was beginning of Jan

Noy back at work yet..still fucked

Manchester (she/her)

The fatigue was fucking weird. Unlike anything I've ever had before. Random and strange feeling.

"The fatigue was fucking weird. Unlike anything I've ever had before. Random and strange feeling."

Its awful.. 10 min walks taking almost an hour. Think i have sat on every wall in the area getting my breath back

Anyone caught it twice?

"Anyone caught it twice? "

I have a colleague who caught it in April and had different strain same time as me. Said second time was awful

By *oodvibrations68Couple  over a year ago

Lake Constance

...acutely with fever for two weeks ...sick leave for just under 5 weeks ...mostly because of shortness of breath @minimal exercise ...fatigue lasting some months...

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Felt unwell for 3 days like heavy cold , cough for 2 weeks , have had worse colds

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Ran 20k Sunday, coughing at bedtime, coughed a bit Mon, tested Tuesday, felt like I had a hangover & would happily sleep in until 10ish (usually 8-8.30 if not at work). Developed a rash & felt generally crap for a week or so. Did run walk run almost a week after isolation ended & increased distance to half marathon by third week.

By *ez1987Man  over a year ago

Great Harwood, Blackburn

I had it start of the month.

Started with a persistent headache that would not go away.

Next day I had a temp of 39 and my Sat's where 88.

The cough came late on at night the 2nd day.

Mainly exhausted and wanting to sleep all day.

Had ab altered taste but could smell fine.

Took about a week to recover but only having paracetamol and lemsips.

Hopefully work will book me in for my jabs mid march.

"Anyone caught it twice?

I have a colleague who caught it in April and had different strain same time as me. Said second time was awful"

Damn twice

Hastings

"I’ve not had the virus ....fingers crossed i don’t get it.

This picture is giving me another fever

Had a small cough. Tested positive on a Monday. Poleaxed by Wednesday. That was beginning of Jan

Noy back at work yet..still fucked"

But it dose sound like you new you had it early so did not transmit it to others that is also so important.

Hastings

"The fatigue was fucking weird. Unlike anything I've ever had before. Random and strange feeling."

Yet total wipe out.

"?

"

Didn’t even notice I had.

About 10 days of sweats and not sleeping....short of breath if I did anything strenuous. After that about a week of gradual improvement off work for 3 weeks in total.

Actually diagnosed with double pneumonia but refused to go hospital against doctor's advice.

Got my first jab on Monday as my surgery are well ahead....

Back in February 2019 I spent the day as normal, cooking and eating my evening meal. Around 9:00pm I started to feel unwell, and at about 9:30 I literally crawled up the stairs to bed. Once in bed I couldn't stop shivering, and the next morning the bedsheet was soaked from sweat. I felt awful, over the next few days a raking cough developed, I couldn't smell or taste anything, the only thing I could keep down was water. I couldn't even face food and over the next 10 days I lost 1.5 stone in weight. The cough developed into a chesty cough, and I was coughing up a thick brown mucus. I had difficulty breathing especially at night, at times I felt like I was drowning, it was a good three weeks more before I well enough to make a Dr's appointment, I didn't have the energy to walk to the surgery at the bottom of the road until then. The Dr examined me and said it was a virus and there was nothing he could give me, it would have to run its course (COVID19 wasn't identified then). It took another good 3 weeks ater that before I began to feel better. I'm convinced I had COVID then but as I said, it wasn't heard of then, so it was "just a virus".

I reckon I had it in july 2019.

Fever, headache, felt like I had a cold and felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Ended up in hospital on oxygen and they hadn't a clue what I had.

Lasted 8 days and fatigue for about 6-8 weeks after.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

0 days. If I didn't have testing through work I'd have carried on going in. I felt a bit achey but that could have been due to working at my dining room table on a fold out chair to be honest.

6 weeks down the road and still feel crap

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Felt unwell mid October, just a bit of a sore throat so went and got a test. Felt fine the next day and got the test result back on the 17th..I couldn't believe it was positive but thought I must be asymptomatic so thank the maker I got a test..

But bugger me, a day later the effects really started and lasted for a few days; cough, feeling crap..by the next weekend I felt fine again.

Thinking it was all over was a huge mistake, the following Monday I felt worse than ever and this went on for weeks.

Every joint in my body hurt, all my muscles ached constantly, near permanent headaches and feeling totally drained.

My lungs and my kidneys hurt and I could feel them inside me..

This went on for weeks and in November I ended in hospital unable to breathe properly.

If that wasn't bad enough, the brain fog was just really annoying. Unable to remember words and names of things or people.

By Christmas, i was over the worst of it and just really had the aches and chest pains left (and the funking brain fog!), they have slowly got less but I still have them now.

The chest pains come and go but mainly feel like having broken ribs and my knees and ankles swell if I walk or stand for too long..

On a plus side, I have totally lost my sense of smell so cannot smell when the cat craps in the litter tray..

Well, every cloud has a silver lining..

By *had0wMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"I felt bad for around 4 days and I'm still not 100% but I've had worse flu "

Notice how flu has become near enough non existent??

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

10 weeks in and still really ill, been told i have long covid

Manchester (she/her)

"I felt bad for around 4 days and I'm still not 100% but I've had worse flu

Notice how flu has become near enough non existent??"

It's less contagious than Covid and is transmitted in similar ways.

That’s because we’ve worn masks, social distanced upped the hygiene and had a large uptake of the flu vaccine. Makes you think we should take these precautions every flu season like they do in Asian countries

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Why do you think that could be?

"10 weeks in and still really ill, been told i have long covid"

Are you diabetic?

Why do you think that could be? "

What do you think?

It's been 9 months and I still have no sense of smell back from it, am exhausted all the time and suffer with severe headaches x

So scary these events of you all...

I will keep vaccinating as many as I can xx

Stay strong you lot xx

14 days sofar. Feel better, but still tired xx

Manchester (she/her)

"So scary these events of you all...

I will keep vaccinating as many as I can xx

Stay strong you lot xx"

I don't get how some people have it for longer than others and so many people getting affected in different ways with it.

Myself and my parents have it and we have all had a different reaction with it. I know things can depend on people's immune system but this seems to be different from other viruses where with the flu you know what you are going to get but not with this.

"I don't get how some people have it for longer than others and so many people getting affected in different ways with it.

Myself and my parents have it and we have all had a different reaction with it. I know things can depend on people's immune system but this seems to be different from other viruses where with the flu you know what you are going to get but not with this.

"

It makes little sense.

Both myself and my mum fell ill with it around the same time, a bit of a coincidence as we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks.

However, she is on immunosuppressants (which is why she was shielding) and her immune system was weakened...

She was slightly unwell where as myself with no previous illness, was really ill and had to go to hospital for treatment.

She was over it within a few weeks, im still suffering the effects over 4 months later..

Maybe blood groups play a part, perhaps some people are predisposed to having less effective immune systems..

There is lots of speculation but no hard evidence.

Every week, new discoveries are made about the virus so maybe soon, someone with far bigger brains than us mere mortals, will have that Eureka moment when they finally understand why.

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't get how some people have it for longer than others and so many people getting affected in different ways with it.

"

It's such a new illness, we've had to start from zero, which is pretty rare in medicine

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Covid causes severe illness not directly, but via your body's reaction to trying to clear the infection. What causes the lung damage, cardiovascular symptoms, organ failure etc is your body effectively damaging itself. It's called "host mediated pathogenesis". People going into hospital by day 8 or 10 etc actually have broadly cleared the virus itself but their immune system is going into overdrive. The poster who said that a relative on immunosuppression was mildly ill - this actually makes some sense. The reason dexamethasone works is because it dampens down the excessive inflammatory response that results in severe symptoms.

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid causes severe illness not directly, but via your body's reaction to trying to clear the infection. What causes the lung damage, cardiovascular symptoms, organ failure etc is your body effectively damaging itself. It's called "host mediated pathogenesis". People going into hospital by day 8 or 10 etc actually have broadly cleared the virus itself but their immune system is going into overdrive. The poster who said that a relative on immunosuppression was mildly ill - this actually makes some sense. The reason dexamethasone works is because it dampens down the excessive inflammatory response that results in severe symptoms."

I'm curious for self interested reasons if/how this relates to auto immunity.

That’s because we’ve worn masks, social distanced upped the hygiene and had a large uptake of the flu vaccine. Makes you think we should take these precautions every flu season like they do in Asian countries "

Probably possibly will do every winter.

Not sure if it's a good thing as surely colds strengthen the immune system.

North West

"Covid causes severe illness not directly, but via your body's reaction to trying to clear the infection. What causes the lung damage, cardiovascular symptoms, organ failure etc is your body effectively damaging itself. It's called "host mediated pathogenesis". People going into hospital by day 8 or 10 etc actually have broadly cleared the virus itself but their immune system is going into overdrive. The poster who said that a relative on immunosuppression was mildly ill - this actually makes some sense. The reason dexamethasone works is because it dampens down the excessive inflammatory response that results in severe symptoms.

I'm curious for self interested reasons if/how this relates to auto immunity."

Try the article entitled: Autoimmunity: Introduction on the website of the British Society for Immunology.

I know you like to research for yourself

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid causes severe illness not directly, but via your body's reaction to trying to clear the infection. What causes the lung damage, cardiovascular symptoms, organ failure etc is your body effectively damaging itself. It's called "host mediated pathogenesis". People going into hospital by day 8 or 10 etc actually have broadly cleared the virus itself but their immune system is going into overdrive. The poster who said that a relative on immunosuppression was mildly ill - this actually makes some sense. The reason dexamethasone works is because it dampens down the excessive inflammatory response that results in severe symptoms.

Try the article entitled: Autoimmunity: Introduction on the website of the British Society for Immunology.

I know you like to research for yourself "

I'm not qualified to "research" this stuff (but thank you).

Threads of stuff I can't put together in my head, ha.

Noticed a lack of smell following a runny nose and the odd cough... positive swab.

Couple day of a headache and felt like a bad chest infection.

The day my ten day isolation finished my smell came back. Fine ever since

By *mmsiebeeCouple  over a year ago

Falkirk

We both had it in mid-March, other half was working in a company largely staffed by Italians who all went home in Jan/Feb after the Xmas rush. I felt extremely unwell to the point of being taken to hospital, other half was as bad and for longer (around 3 weeks) he still has issues with breathing and energy. Slowly getting there!

North West

I know you like to research for yourself

I'm not qualified to "research" this stuff (but thank you).

Threads of stuff I can't put together in my head, ha."

The suggested source should be understandable

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"

All illnesses vary in different people though when you think about it.

Even with the flu one people are poleaxed for a few days whereas others are wiped out for weeks. Chicken pox has some people covered in spots, but feeling ok whereas others feel like they've been hit by a bus. Measles pre-vaccination was a lottery of mild childhood illness vs death sentence when it went through a family.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Started with a feel of tiredness then severe leg pains mainly in thighs. Then developed A cough and really high fever , struggled with breathing and oxygen levels. Still feeling feeling aches and pains 10 months later

Southampton

It's less contagious than Covid and is transmitted in similar ways."

Or are half the covid cases just normal flu and been declared "covid"?? Sounds more like the truth to me

By *areass2017Man  over a year ago

east coast

Had it for 10 days now, still feel rough although hasn’t been as bad as flu!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Tested positive in October, had a cough, which I still have, that was that. However, I'm over 60, black and morbidly obese with chronic health issues that were under control to the point I'd forgotten about them but they've all flared up since October.

It could be coincidental but my last flare up was 2009 but since October they've all reappeared with a vengeance. I'd be on sick leave if I didn't work from home.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Or are half the covid cases just normal flu and been declared "covid"?? Sounds more like the truth to me"

If course it does, molder

The truth is out there!

Little X files reference in case you missed it

Southampton

Or are half the covid cases just normal flu and been declared "covid"?? Sounds more like the truth to me

The truth is out there!

Little X files reference in case you missed it "

Just a shame people can't see the truth. On the plus side the government now has a DNA database of everybody around the world who has been tested.

Goodness! Reading this I'm glad I've not had it and pretty scared about catching it

I hope you all recover fully soon!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Why do you think that could be?

What do you think? "

As per the article in the independent this week. Our isolation and changed behaviours, our increased flu vaccine uptake, decreased community rates leads to decreased community rates.... There have been no recorded cases for 5 weeks. Brilliant news. Shows what can be achieved and will lead to an update in how we respond to flu in future years

"Covid causes severe illness not directly, but via your body's reaction to trying to clear the infection. What causes the lung damage, cardiovascular symptoms, organ failure etc is your body effectively damaging itself. It's called "host mediated pathogenesis". People going into hospital by day 8 or 10 etc actually have broadly cleared the virus itself but their immune system is going into overdrive. The poster who said that a relative on immunosuppression was mildly ill - this actually makes some sense. The reason dexamethasone works is because it dampens down the excessive inflammatory response that results in severe symptoms."

I havent got a clue what you mean here but it sounds like you know what you are talking about

I appreciated at the time that the immunosuppressive drugs prevented the immune overreaction.

What surprised me was that although she had a compromised immune system, the virus thankfully affected her far less than it affected me.

Seems almost counterintuitive...

"Tested positive in October, had a cough, which I still have, that was that. However, I'm over 60, black and morbidly obese with chronic health issues that were under control to the point I'd forgotten about them but they've all flared up since October.

It could be coincidental but my last flare up was 2009 but since October they've all reappeared with a vengeance. I'd be on sick leave if I didn't work from home."

x

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I had it last April and it lasted around 3/4 weeks

Manchester (she/her)

Or are half the covid cases just normal flu and been declared "covid"?? Sounds more like the truth to me"

Yes, we don't know the difference between the sequences of viruses from completely different families

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

The truth is out there!

Little X files reference in case you missed it

Just a shame people can't see the truth. On the plus side the government now has a DNA database of everybody around the world who has been tested. "

Haha I ever thought of that!!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Flu has become near enough non existent because people haven’t been mixing to spread it!

Covid cases now are tested - a test wouldn’t show flu.... the viruses are different

» Add a new message to this topic