FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Attending work after a positive result

Attending work after a positive result

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ed Volupta OP   Woman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I am absolutely astounded by this.

Chatting to a guy on here and he casually states that he caught covid but continued to attend work, as the "symptoms weren't that bad".

I tried to reason with him, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *avid1Man  over a year ago

Dubai

Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude.

Wirral.

"Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude."

This is my thinking, too.

Thank god for the vaccine rollout! X

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

Where our son works had one person go for a test and the go into work.

Result came back positive and 23 people then sent home to isolate. On top of 26 already off.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude."

Obviously he should have not gone to work but zero Covid will never happen like zero colds or zero flu it’s unattainable

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

"I am absolutely astounded by this.

Chatting to a guy on here and he casually states that he caught covid but continued to attend work, as the "symptoms weren't that bad".

I tried to reason with him

, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier? "

that guy = Block/Delete

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Wirral.

"Where our son works had one person go for a test and the go into work.

Result came back positive and 23 people then sent home to isolate. On top of 26 already off. "

Just ridiculous, isn't it? Apart from the health concerns, that's 26 people not performing their job.

I'm lucky that I work for the Civil Service so, as a shielder, I've never been concerned about losing my job. Sadly some people are - but to go in with symptoms? Crazy!

Also, the chap I was chatting to was the business owner. He could have worked from home!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tried to reason with him, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier? "

the selfish bastard excuse my French. My son is a trainee nurse and put three people into body bags on one shift. He phoned me distraught after his shift. He needed his grumpy old dad to vent to.

Just because the majority think its not that bad.

It is. Its people like my son who and the rest of the nhs, that see it first hand

Wirral.

"Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude. Obviously he should have not gone to work but zero Covid will never happen like zero colds or zero flu it’s unattainable "

I know this. It'll be hear to stay. But until we have reached vaccine saturation and can then rely on the annual vaccination program - as with flu - we need to adhere to the rules.

Wirral.

, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier?

that guy = Block/Delete"

Absolutely! A shame, as up until that point, he ticked all my boxes

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude. Obviously he should have not gone to work but zero Covid will never happen like zero colds or zero flu it’s unattainable "

Of course but once the vaccination is rolled out for all age groups the risks of what the Op described will be hopefully lessened..

Wirral.

I tried to reason with him, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier? the selfish bastard excuse my French. My son is a trainee nurse and put three people into body bags on one shift. He phoned me distraught after his shift. He needed his grumpy old dad to vent to.

Just because the majority think its not that bad.

It is. Its people like my son who and the rest of the nhs, that see it first hand "

I'm so sorry for your son - and all nurses/doctors - please give him my love. 99% of people cannot thank him enough

Dubai

At least you found out prior to meeting

Herne Bay

"Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude. Obviously he should have not gone to work but zero Covid will never happen like zero colds or zero flu it’s unattainable

I know this. It'll be hear to stay. But until we have reached vaccine saturation and can then rely on the annual vaccination program - as with flu - we need to adhere to the rules."

Just saying some think Covid can be got rid off but it probably can’t just like colds can’t and many more

Dubai

"Totally irresponsible!

We will never beat it, if folk adopt the same attitude. Obviously he should have not gone to work but zero Covid will never happen like zero colds or zero flu it’s unattainable

I know this. It'll be hear to stay. But until we have reached vaccine saturation and can then rely on the annual vaccination program - as with flu - we need to adhere to the rules. Just saying some think Covid can be got rid off but it probably can’t just like colds can’t and many more "

Agreed! When l said beat it, it was a general statement. Not for one second do l think it will be eradicated

Herne Bay

"Totally irresponsible!

I know this. It'll be hear to stay. But until we have reached vaccine saturation and can then rely on the annual vaccination program - as with flu - we need to adhere to the rules. Just saying some think Covid can be got rid off but it probably can’t just like colds can’t and many more

Agreed! When l said beat it, it was a general statement. Not for one second do l think it will be eradicated "

ok understand that ,some think it can be totally eradicated which most probably it can’t

Hence we still in lockdown with that attitude.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Totally irresponsible!

Sure, but doing something that blatantly puts others at major risks of infection is wrong. It's wrong that government hasn't invested in a system that properly supports people to be able to afford to skip work, just as it's wrong for individuals knowing they're infected, to not isolate.

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

Chatting to a guy on here and he casually states that he caught covid but continued to attend work, as the "symptoms weren't that bad"."

His symptoms were obviously bad enough that he went for a test. I thought it was against the law not to self isolate after being tested as C-19 detected?

Wirral.

His symptoms were obviously bad enough that he went for a test. I thought it was against the law not to self isolate after being tested as C-19 detected?"

It is indeed! He's a tosser. I wish I could name & shame

Wirral.

"Hence we still in lockdown with that attitude."

Yup.

Unfortunately I'm not surprised... people like him do exist. I work with such people.

People need to be aware they exist.

They also need to be aware that people will happily meet when infected with covid and STI's too.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

God some people are selfish

Like others said, its no wonder the country is in such a state.

I read about a nurse in Scotland who tested positive, went to work and boasted about it.

I had covid last year and I'm a healthcare worker, I panicked about everyone I'd been in contact with at work before.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

That is awful. What chance do others stand with folk like him around. He should be sacked and named and shamed as well as fined.

Wirral.

"God some people are selfish

Like others said, its no wonder the country is in such a state.

I read about a nurse in Scotland who tested positive, went to work and boasted about it.

I had covid last year and I'm a healthcare worker, I panicked about everyone I'd been in contact with at work before. "

Jeez! A nurse? There's a special place in Hell for people like that

Sorry you were poorly, too. Xx

Wirral.

"Unfortunately I'm not surprised... people like him do exist. I work with such people.

People need to be aware they exist.

They also need to be aware that people will happily meet when infected with covid and STI's too."

Totally agree. I know some people who have been meeting friends - we've fallen out over it - but even they wouldn't go out & about with symptoms x

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

And that's the person who'll equally say it's fine to meet and play with a condom even with a positive sti result. Muppet

Wirral.

"That is awful. What chance do others stand with folk like him around. He should be sacked and named and shamed as well as fined."

I wish I knew all his details to shop him to the authorities, Bluebell. He said he was the owner of a business with about 50 staff. X

Wirral.

"And that's the person who'll equally say it's fine to meet and play with a condom even with a positive sti result. Muppet"

Indeed. And wouldn't tell you his status.

He was proud of it. In a "I'm no weakling" kind of way. Beggars belief x

"That is awful. What chance do others stand with folk like him around. He should be sacked and named and shamed as well as fined.

I wish I knew all his details to shop him to the authorities, Bluebell. He said he was the owner of a business with about 50 staff. X"

I could understand someone who won't get sick pay and is likely to get fired for being off work feeling they need to go in to work. But anyone else..... I despair.

He could be talking shite though. He may be lying about having a business to make himself seem more important.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Anyone who does this knowingly is an absolute disgrace and part of the reason we are in the place we are right now. It also shows a complete disregard for others and their families.

"Totally irresponsible!

I know this. It'll be hear to stay. But until we have reached vaccine saturation and can then rely on the annual vaccination program - as with flu - we need to adhere to the rules. Just saying some think Covid can be got rid off but it probably can’t just like colds can’t and many more "

People don't get admitted to hospital and hooked up to a ventilator with a cold though.

"That is awful. What chance do others stand with folk like him around. He should be sacked and named and shamed as well as fined.

I wish I knew all his details to shop him to the authorities, Bluebell. He said he was the owner of a business with about 50 staff. X"

The fact he is the boss kind of makes it worse that he would put his employees risk like that.

Wirral.

I wish I knew all his details to shop him to the authorities, Bluebell. He said he was the owner of a business with about 50 staff. X

The fact he is the boss kind of makes it worse that he would put his employees risk like that. "

Yes, I pointed that out before I blocked him. His response? It's only the vulnerable that get really ill. Otherwise it's just a cold.

I literally had no words

Wirral.

I could understand someone who won't get sick pay and is likely to get fired for being off work feeling they need to go in to work. But anyone else..... I despair.

He could be talking shite though. He may be lying about having a business to make himself seem more important.

"

I really hope he WAS talking shite. But I don't think so. Total dick x

The fact he is the boss kind of makes it worse that he would put his employees risk like that.

Yes, I pointed that out before I blocked him. His response? It's only the vulnerable that get really ill. Otherwise it's just a cold.

I literally had no words "

I guarantee he employs at least one clinically vulnerable person but more than that does he know who they all live with/care for! Unbelievable attitude!

Wirral.

I literally had no words

I guarantee he employs at least one clinically vulnerable person but more than that does he know who they all live with/care for! Unbelievable attitude! "

Yup. And me being a shielder, too. Stinking attitude.

I literally had no words

I guarantee he employs at least one clinically vulnerable person but more than that does he know who they all live with/care for! Unbelievable attitude!

Yup. And me being a shielder, too. Stinking attitude. "

Totally get that.

I literally had no words

I guarantee he employs at least one clinically vulnerable person but more than that does he know who they all live with/care for! Unbelievable attitude! "

Exactly! I am clinically vulnerable, but no one would ever guess that purely from looking at me. I think that's the case with a lot of people.

Totally disgusting attitude from a horrible human being.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

There are thousands of them .

A colleague my daughter works with thought it was okay to go to work after developing symptoms so he got himself tested but went to work before receiving his results and then got the result midshift telling him he was positive

By *ubeeStarrXoXTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

Result came back positive and 23 people then sent home to isolate. On top of 26 already off.

Just ridiculous, isn't it? Apart from the health concerns, that's 26 people not performing their job.

I'm lucky that I work for the Civil Service so, as a shielder, I've never been concerned about losing my job. Sadly some people are - but to go in with symptoms? Crazy!

Also, the chap I was chatting to was the business owner. He could have worked from home! "

He was the business owner? Glad I don’t work for him, shows he cares more about his money than his employees. Disgusting x

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

Absolute idiot.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

It’s far from impossible that people adopting that attitude may be responsible for the deaths of others.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I tried to reason with him, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier? "

Must be an evil tory right ?

I tried to reason with him, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier?

Must be an evil tory right ? "

Why are you making this a political point. Nobody on this thread as even come close to suggesting this.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Why are you making this a political point. Nobody on this thread as even come close to suggesting this. "

Just jumping in before someone else does. The government has been blamed for the entire mess when actually the faults lie with everyone.

I spend too much time on the guardian forums tbh ... if that explains anything ...

Wirral.

Why are you making this a political point. Nobody on this thread as even come close to suggesting this.

Just jumping in before someone else does. The government has been blamed for the entire mess when actually the faults lie with everyone.

I spend too much time on the guardian forums tbh ... if that explains anything ..."

Glad you clarified that. Can't blame the Tories for that one

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

, to no avail. How can someone be so selfish & cavalier?

that guy = Block/Delete"

That guy actually needs named and shamed and then blocked.

It may be against Fab rules to do so but it would be the right thing to do.

By *infullyNaughtyMan  over a year ago

Greater London

Not sure if this has been said yet, but some people have shitty bosses who don't care. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. She got a positive result but was still expected to come into work. She quit the next day because she didn't wanna work for someone like that

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"It’s far from impossible that people adopting that attitude may be responsible for the deaths of others."

I have a Covid denier family member who picked up the virus and infected my Grandad (who the family member lived with). My Grandad died, of course.

Wirral.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but some people have shitty bosses who don't care. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. She got a positive result but was still expected to come into work. She quit the next day because she didn't wanna work for someone like that"

Yes, I'm sure there are companies like that. Attrocious, but true. I suppose we'll never know how much situations like this have contributed to the death toll.

Sorry for your friend - I hope she's found something else x

Not sure if this has been said yet, but some people have shitty bosses who don't care. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. She got a positive result but was still expected to come into work. She quit the next day because she didn't wanna work for someone like that"

If you read the rest of the thread he was the boss. It was his company.

It should make no difference if he is the boss or an employee, stupidity, but it seems there's many like it, my 15yr old daughter rang me one morning from school to collect as a child was telling everyone she had covid, turns out both her parents had tested positive, but sent the child to school! I wasn't impressed an my daughter definitely wasn't!

Wirral.

"It should make no difference if he is the boss or an employee, stupidity, but it seems there's many like it, my 15yr old daughter rang me one morning from school to collect as a child was telling everyone she had covid, turns out both her parents had tested positive, but sent the child to school! I wasn't impressed an my daughter definitely wasn't!"

Jeez! I'm so shocked people have done this. I thought the guy I spoke to was an abberation. It would appear not

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"It should make no difference if he is the boss or an employee, stupidity, but it seems there's many like it, my 15yr old daughter rang me one morning from school to collect as a child was telling everyone she had covid, turns out both her parents had tested positive, but sent the child to school! I wasn't impressed an my daughter definitely wasn't!"

This also happened to one of my siblings grandkids last year, the child told a couple of friends who said you have tell the staff..

Whole year group sent home till tested ..

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Sackable offense where I work and people have lost there jobs for not reporting having symptoms or being in contact with someone who had symptoms, and still turn up for work.

I do partly blame zero hour contracts, who can afford to take 2 weeks unpaid when they are earning just over minimum wage?

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Result came back positive and 23 people then sent home to isolate. On top of 26 already off. "

My place said after a guy tested pos, that unless youre on track and trace we have to go in.. dont mind the fact we work in close proximity to a few other guys, share a canteen, locker room, toilet and wash room, plus tools. I think the 30k a week penalty clause on a contract may be responsible for our HR attitude

Totally irresponsible! I would have found out more about that person & reported him!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

And then at our workplace, while we had limited in person provision before Christmas, we sent people to work at home as a precaution, even if T&T said they didn't count as close contact (e.g sat in same office but more than 2m away). Our number of cases was tiny and not one case resulted in transmission to another person. All cases were individual/isolated.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I lose about 60% of my wages for going off sick with it, so although I never would, I can understand why people do, bills don't pay themselves.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There are many of them sadly

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I lose about 60% of my wages for going off sick with it, so although I never would, I can understand why people do, bills don't pay themselves."
It is for a couple of weeks you should have savings to cover yourself for such a short time it is no excuse

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"Anyone who does this knowingly is an absolute disgrace and part of the reason we are in the place we are right now. It also shows a complete disregard for others and their families. "

Anyone that knowingly attends any location beyond those you are allowed to when diagnosed positive with covid should be charged with intent to cause harm under the offences against the person act.

If you knowingly cause the spread of the virus and ultimately harm or death to another, then you should be dealt with accordingly.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"I lose about 60% of my wages for going off sick with it, so although I never would, I can understand why people do, bills don't pay themselves.It is for a couple of weeks you should have savings to cover yourself for such a short time it is no excuse"

Thats quite a sweeping generalisation you make there.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"I lose about 60% of my wages for going off sick with it, so although I never would, I can understand why people do, bills don't pay themselves.It is for a couple of weeks you should have savings to cover yourself for such a short time it is no excuse

Thats quite a sweeping generalisation you make there."

There are self employed people who loose 100% of their income and maybe more with lost trade going elsewhere.

However, there are those who will lose their life as a direct result of someone attending work when positive.

It's at that point you need to ask yourself the moral question, is my financial loss worth more than anothers life?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

What an utter tosspot. If he has such disregard for the health of others he deserves to have his cock lobbed off!

» Add a new message to this topic