FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Do you know what the vaccines do?

Do you know what the vaccines do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The vaccines are not designed to stop you from getting the virus. The vaccines are not designed to stop you from spreading the virus. The aim of the vaccine is to try and limit the symptoms should you catch the virus.

What a bloody joke. If you can still catch the virus and spread the virus after being vaccinated having Covid vaccination passports is pointless.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed Totally. And these new strains too which are probably totally immune to the vaccines.

Anyway it's all just to keep us sane lol... Providing a vaccine that btw doesn't protect you from getting Covid but `We`re` calling it a vaccine anyway...

im pretty sure that the evidence is changing as we move along yes the vaccine at first was to stop you getting too ill with covid but now there is evidence that it can reduce transmission by up to 60% and there are some studies coming out that it may also stop you catching it too .

far to early to get a true picture but the further along we go the more promising it looks.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Too early to say what the effect of the vaccine is or how long it will last or if you need a booster.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Agreed Totally. And these new strains too which are probably totally immune to the vaccines.

Anyway it's all just to keep us sane lol... Providing a vaccine that btw doesn't protect you from getting Covid but `We`re` calling it a vaccine anyway..."

A vaccine gives your body the building blocks to make antibodies to fight the invection i.e. the virus.

It in itself does not kill the virus none of them do.

it's still a vaccine though

"im pretty sure that the evidence is changing as we move along yes the vaccine at first was to stop you getting too ill with covid but now there is evidence that it can reduce transmission by up to 60% and there are some studies coming out that it may also stop you catching it too .

far to early to get a true picture but the further along we go the more promising it looks."

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

I spy Jabberwonkys

The vaccine stops people dying at the moment, it’s not a joke it’s moving towards a way to live normally.

By *ohnsnowmanMan  over a year ago

Don't Go Back to Sexville

This ^

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

The level of ignorance about basic biology is staggering what are schools teaching ?

A vaccine is not an all over condom It teaches the body to recognize the protiens of a virus as hostile and remember these and react quickly launching the bodies own defenses and also keep a stock of antibodies Of course you have to catch covid for this to work BUT the body will stop the virus getting to large numbers at which point you are highly infectious you can still pass on the small aount of virus you already inhale before the body has killed it all - but I am sure there will be those for whom the truth is a still a lie

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

The data seems to be suggesting that the vaccines for covid are helping to stop transmission and also lowering your risk of catching it.

But the main goal is to stop people from getting poorly enough to be hospitalized or worse xx so far so good.

I've had my first dose

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"The level of ignorance about basic biology is staggering what are schools teaching ?

A vaccine is not an all over condom It teaches the body to recognize the protiens of a virus as hostile and remember these and react quickly launching the bodies own defenses and also keep a stock of antibodies Of course you have to catch covid for this to work BUT the body will stop the virus getting to large numbers at which point you are highly infectious you can still pass on the small aount of virus you already inhale before the body has killed it all - but I am sure there will be those for whom the truth is a still a lie"

I am getting fed up with the idiots who don't understand what you have just written.

If a covid denying anti-vaxer could comment on why you are talking shit then I would love to hear their opinion...That's their opinion rather than Karen's...

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

To be fair, everyone has the right to post their opinion just as everyone has the right to reply.

If you feel the vaccine is of no use, don't get jabbed.

If you feel you need more time to decide, once you have read research or just to see how things pan out, that's fine too.

But searching for evidence to give weight to your arguement is not research.

I've had my jab due to my work.

Is it 100% safe, no idea, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Like most things in life, nothing has 100% guarantee.

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

What does any vaccine do.

It helps your body to create antibodies to kill the infection, but it is no instant, which is why you can still get the flu but in a milder form.

Because the virus enters a system where it does not thrive it will not multiply itself, hence reducing the risk of transmission to somebody else, it also reduced the chance to mutate.

Vaccines are all about reduction not elimination.

Just like a car seat belt reduced the chance of death it does not eliminate death in an accident

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

...or stop you having a crash in the first place..

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"...or stop you having a crash in the first place.."

How does a seat belt stop you having a crash ?

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"...or stop you having a crash in the first place..

How does a seat belt stop you having a crash ?"

My point exactly...

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Talking as one of the “Vaccine Hesitant” here (ie not Anti Vax just want sufficient information to enable me to make an informed decision about what I put into my body)...

Surely everyone knows how vaccines work? Same approach as things like anti venom. Ppl above have already eloquently explained so won’t repeat.

I understand the argument against having the vaccine if you are healthy and it “only” reduces the chance of you developing a serious illness BUT there is growing evidence the vaccines ALSO reduce transmission.

That changes the argument from being one solely about personal choice to one of Community Ethics (ie will my actions protect and save others not just me).

It is only because of this growing evidence around transmission reduction that I have softened my view towards having the vaccine (though if I was older or in a vulnerable group I would also have “run the maths” to way up risk vs reward and softened anyway).

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes I do, all it does is to lower the symptoms, one still have to wear a mask and to keep the distance, there is a difference between anti waxers, those who dont take anything and then those who choose which vaccines to take.

"...or stop you having a crash in the first place..

How does a seat belt stop you having a crash ?

My point exactly..."

I think the analogy is crash / corona virus - seat belt / vaccine it reduces risk

Brighton

"Yes I do, all it does is to lower the symptoms, one still have to wear a mask and to keep the distance, there is a difference between anti waxers, those who dont take anything and then those who choose which vaccines to take."

If there is a growing trend of “anti waxxers” then we can expect to see the return of the bush!

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Talking as one of the “Vaccine Hesitant” here (ie not Anti Vax just want sufficient information to enable me to make an informed decision about what I put into my body)...

Surely everyone knows how vaccines work? Same approach as things like anti venom. Ppl above have already eloquently explained so won’t repeat.

I understand the argument against having the vaccine if you are healthy and it “only” reduces the chance of you developing a serious illness BUT there is growing evidence the vaccines ALSO reduce transmission.

That changes the argument from being one solely about personal choice to one of Community Ethics (ie will my actions protect and save others not just me).

It is only because of this growing evidence around transmission reduction that I have softened my view towards having the vaccine (though if I was older or in a vulnerable group I would also have “run the maths” to way up risk vs reward and softened anyway)."

Love this

People being hesitant, wanting to fully understand and make an informed decision should be totally respected- even if it’s a different decision to ours!

Plus I’d like to think everyone that puts anything into their body researches it and makes an effort but I’m doubtful haha

(Pro vaccines but doesn’t mean I don’t research first) haha xx

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Any virus that a body is not able to control needs a vaccine unless the body is able to build up a defence we are all designed differently hence why cases and categories of age groups who have been infected or sadly died more of and younger generation have not been as prone to getting infected Ill or died but still can be carriers just as much as any adult a person's lifestyle plays a key role having a healthy immune system which is very important not just about eating healthy but exercise enough for the body to learn to behave to repair overdoing it can make the body to weak which can result in catching anything so if gyms open were going to increase the risk in cases ...

"Yes I do, all it does is to lower the symptoms, one still have to wear a mask and to keep the distance, there is a difference between anti waxers, those who dont take anything and then those who choose which vaccines to take.

If there is a growing trend of “anti waxxers” then we can expect to see the return of the bush! "

Yes, although, it is up to each one to do their research on it, with the pros and cons of these vaccines.

Brighton

"Any virus that a body is not able to control needs a vaccine unless the body is able to build up a defence we are all designed differently hence why cases and categories of age groups who have been infected or sadly died more of and younger generation have not been as prone to getting infected Ill or died but still can be carriers just as much as any adult a person's lifestyle plays a key role having a healthy immune system which is very important not just about eating healthy but exercise enough for the body to learn to behave to repair overdoing it can make the body to weak which can result in catching anything so if gyms open were going to increase the risk in cases ..."

Whoah punctuation my friend! Good points but punctuation please

Newcastle

"Yes I do, all it does is to lower the symptoms, one still have to wear a mask and to keep the distance, there is a difference between anti waxers, those who dont take anything and then those who choose which vaccines to take.

If there is a growing trend of “anti waxxers” then we can expect to see the return of the bush! "

Brighton

If there is a growing trend of “anti waxxers” then we can expect to see the return of the bush! Yes, although, it is up to each one to do their research on it, with the pros and cons of these vaccines."

Err you missed the joke

Maybe it was a crap joke

If there is a growing trend of “anti waxxers” then we can expect to see the return of the bush! Yes, although, it is up to each one to do their research on it, with the pros and cons of these vaccines.

Err you missed the joke

Maybe it was a crap joke "

Not at all. I got the joke too and it is a fun one too lol

Newcastle

Can the body treat a unrecognised virus and build up it's own defence mechanism because physically we control and teach it which in turn helps to repair and those who aren't able to become a huge risk factor hence those who have underlining conditions and the vulnerable IE learning disabilities and difficulties

I'm not a scientist but understand common knowledge

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"To be fair, everyone has the right to post their opinion just as everyone has the right to reply.

If you feel the vaccine is of no use, don't get jabbed.

If you feel you need more time to decide, once you have read research or just to see how things pan out, that's fine too.

But searching for evidence to give weight to your arguement is not research.

I've had my jab due to my work.

Is it 100% safe, no idea, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Like most things in life, nothing has 100% guarantee.

"

There is a difference between opinion and lies .. anti vaxxers make me want to rant ... a lot!!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"The level of ignorance about basic biology is staggering what are schools teaching ?

A vaccine is not an all over condom It teaches the body to recognize the protiens of a virus as hostile and remember these and react quickly launching the bodies own defenses and also keep a stock of antibodies Of course you have to catch covid for this to work BUT the body will stop the virus getting to large numbers at which point you are highly infectious you can still pass on the small aount of virus you already inhale before the body has killed it all - but I am sure there will be those for whom the truth is a still a lie"

I'm with you. We have had non stop 24 by 7 news and info on this. There is zero excuse for people not knkwing the basic principles. Having said that I imagine a few of these posts are from the same people everytime so suspect theres an element of pot stirring going on.

but best immunity is bodies own why would healthy person want a vaccine

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, I understand

I also understand that the position is changing as more studies are done.

I also understand the incredibly impressive effectiveness studies.

I'm in awe of the science and will have the jab, to protect myself and others, as soon as it's my turn.

Brighton

"but best immunity is bodies own why would healthy person want a vaccine "

I politely refer you to my first post above.

Tin town

Is it? You have evidence of such an assertion?

London

Because whilst you may be lucky enough to not show any symptoms without the antibodies the virus can still multiply and thus increases the chance of transmission.

Also being healthy does not guarantee immunity. I've had two very healthy friends be in enforced coma due to Covid both under the age of 50.

Our immune system has never seen this virus before so it does not know how to create the antibodies the vaccine gives it a helping hand.

South

... polio, whooping cough, measles, mumps...... point is you won’t be healthy for long should you not vaccinate. This country lost it’s elimination status for measles in 2018 due to dick heads not vaccinating their kids.

Newcastle

I'm not one to be against the vaccine but I believe will be those who need it more than others but same time it doesn't control the virus because people become carriers but don't become as Ill which helps the NHS deal better with so it doesn't add as much pressure

South

"but best immunity is bodies own why would healthy person want a vaccine

Because whilst you may be lucky enough to not show any symptoms without the antibodies the virus can still multiply and thus increases the chance of transmission.

Also being healthy does not guarantee immunity. I've had two very healthy friends be in enforced coma due to Covid both under the age of 50.

Our immune system has never seen this virus before so it does not know how to create the antibodies the vaccine gives it a helping hand."

I have ten colleagues on the long haul .. 3 on a vent all under 50 one one had any underlying condition. 4 are under 40

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm not one to be against the vaccine but I believe will be those who need it more than others but same time it doesn't control the virus because people become carriers but don't become as Ill which helps the NHS deal better with so it doesn't add as much pressure"

Others need it more than me, that's why there's a queue and I'm towards the back

South

"I'm not one to be against the vaccine but I believe will be those who need it more than others but same time it doesn't control the virus because people become carriers but don't become as Ill which helps the NHS deal better with so it doesn't add as much pressure"

Yes and those carriers will facilitate the virus mutating and suppose it then affects children? Or the young? Arrogance isn’t a good enough reason to decline the vaccine

How do you know you are healthy? Evidence of people with undiagnosed issues who have died from covid. Some evidence of immune systems going into overdrive and the body killing itself when infected and fighting covid.

Russian roulette.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"The vaccines are not designed to stop you from getting the virus. The vaccines are not designed to stop you from spreading the virus. The aim of the vaccine is to try and limit the symptoms should you catch the virus.

What a bloody joke. If you can still catch the virus and spread the virus after being vaccinated having Covid vaccination passports is pointless. "

Do some very basic reading on what these vaccines do.

Then come back.

Newcastle

"I'm not one to be against the vaccine but I believe will be those who need it more than others but same time it doesn't control the virus because people become carriers but don't become as Ill which helps the NHS deal better with so it doesn't add as much pressure

Yes and those carriers will facilitate the virus mutating and suppose it then affects children? Or the young? Arrogance isn’t a good enough reason to decline the vaccine "

Totally agree with you we only have to look at history to understand the importance

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

And the level of ignorance to actualy understand what I wrote I have had the vaccine and WOULD hope every one was jabbed

That way there will be no problems OH I give up

London

Thankfully Covid is fairly benign I'm the grand scheme of things.

Usually really vicious viruses don't become pandemic, because they make you I'll very quickly and you die, reducing the chance of infecting others.

One day a really horrid virus like Ebola will mutate which will have a delayed gestation time. You won't know you have it for weeks, all the time it's multiplying. Then it will hit hard.

The common cold has a very high transmission rate but low risk of death.

The problem with Covid is it has a very high transmission rate, takes time to take effect and is more deadly that other viruses with the same transmission rate.

There isn’t a single vaccine for ANY disease that stops you carrying it, transmitting it or getting ill.

This vaccine reduces the symptomatic effects of the virus by creating a hostile environment for it to reproduce, in turn, this has the effect of reducing transmission from person to person.

This will have the added bonus of drastically reducing the numbers of patients requiring hospitalisation meaning Covid will eventually have the same footprint on our lives as influenza.

As with the common flu, once a workable vaccine is established, it can be tweaked to be effective against different strains.

It is perfectly safe with side effects being no different nor dangerous than flu vaccines.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"There isn’t a single vaccine for ANY disease that stops you carrying it, transmitting it or getting ill.

This vaccine reduces the symptomatic effects of the virus by creating a hostile environment for it to reproduce, in turn, this has the effect of reducing transmission from person to person.

This will have the added bonus of drastically reducing the numbers of patients requiring hospitalisation meaning Covid will eventually have the same footprint on our lives as influenza.

As with the common flu, once a workable vaccine is established, it can be tweaked to be effective against different strains.

It is perfectly safe with side effects being no different nor dangerous than flu vaccines. "

In a nutshell.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Re Vaccine Id

Its not pointless for employers for example as they need you healthy for work and having the vaccine as you know helps reduce the complications and having potentially months off work sick

I can see a use for cruise ship hols as they would want to reduce the disruption to the ships itinerary, but for flights and other practices I don't see the point.

We need more testing so we can track and trace efficiently

Manchester (she/her)

"Re Vaccine Id

Its not pointless for employers for example as they need you healthy for work and having the vaccine as you know helps reduce the complications and having potentially months off work sick

I can see a use for cruise ship hols as they would want to reduce the disruption to the ships itinerary, but for flights and other practices I don't see the point.

We need more testing so we can track and trace efficiently "

Cruise ships are notorious for things like Norovirus outbreaks. And early on a ship had so many cases it was temporarily its own country

I can see vaccine status being enormously important for things like that.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The vaccines are not designed to stop you from getting the virus. The vaccines are not designed to stop you from spreading the virus. The aim of the vaccine is to try and limit the symptoms should you catch the virus.

What a bloody joke. If you can still catch the virus and spread the virus after being vaccinated having Covid vaccination passports is pointless. "

Nobody knows weather it stops spread of virus you are just trying to prove a point to yourself just get vaccinated

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Re Vaccine Id

I tend to disagre we need all to get vaccinated simple

Newcastle

Common sense no vaccine stops a person being infected but gives the body a chance to recognise a virus and be able to act and build a defence but not everyone is designed the same so won't be able to build a strong defence so its whether you're prepared to take the risk and gamble or know yourself better as in having a very good lifestyle and strong immune system and very good hygiene and good circulation is all important so the body is able to build up any kind of defenses

Tin town

"Re Vaccine Id

And then we need people to take responsibility and isolate.

scotland

What a bloody joke. If you can still catch the virus and spread the virus after being vaccinated having Covid vaccination passports is pointless. Nobody knows weather it stops spread of virus you are just trying to prove a point to yourself just get vaccinated"

The anti vaxers are just holding onto a comment that was made when the vaccines were first introduced. This comment was that there was no evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission. This doesn't mean that it doesn't. The clinical trials took 2 large groups of people (I guess about 15k each). 1 group got the vaccine and the other the placebo. They then looked at the numbers from each group that still caught covid. No part of the trial checked to see if people transmitted the virus. Therefore not possible to have any evidence. However, real world, with millions vaccinated, the evidence grows.

If course, head still deep in the sand for some...

Newcastle

What a bloody joke. If you can still catch the virus and spread the virus after being vaccinated having Covid vaccination passports is pointless. Nobody knows weather it stops spread of virus you are just trying to prove a point to yourself just get vaccinated"

It's already been stated that it only reduced the impact of the virus which is more manageable and less life threatening which makes it easier to help save the life

Tin town

"Common sense no vaccine stops a person being infected but gives the body a chance to recognise a virus and be able to act and build a defence but not everyone is designed the same so won't be able to build a strong defence so its whether you're prepared to take the risk and gamble or know yourself better as in having a very good lifestyle and strong immune system and very good hygiene and good circulation is all important so the body is able to build up any kind of defenses"

Great points... The trouble is not enough people have the education or inclination to take responsibility for their bodies and those around them. I was hopeful this experience would have been a trigger to improve that situation but it seems not yet.

scotland

"Re Vaccine Id

We need more testing so we can track and trace efficiently I tend to disagre we need all to get vaccinated simple"

We still need track and trace for those who do catch it to avoid spreading it (at a lower rate!) and then allowing it to mutate.

Love an intelligent man!

"There isn’t a single vaccine for ANY disease that stops you carrying it, transmitting it or getting ill.

It is perfectly safe with side effects being no different nor dangerous than flu vaccines. "

Well said

Newcastle

"Common sense no vaccine stops a person being infected but gives the body a chance to recognise a virus and be able to act and build a defence but not everyone is designed the same so won't be able to build a strong defence so its whether you're prepared to take the risk and gamble or know yourself better as in having a very good lifestyle and strong immune system and very good hygiene and good circulation is all important so the body is able to build up any kind of defenses

Great points... The trouble is not enough people have the education or inclination to take responsibility for their bodies and those around them. I was hopeful this experience would have been a trigger to improve that situation but it seems not yet. "

I totally agree with you many people lack and seems to be instead of moving forward are going backwards the evidence alone people walking around not even attempting to avoid another shows that I've been lost for words when seeing this

To stimulate your bodies own reaction....duh!

Newcastle

To stimulate your bodies own reaction....duh!"

Because not everyone is designed similar to build up a strong enough immune system to fight against viruses.

If the government decision was checking everyone to see if they had a strong immune system before offering the vaccine would be risky and time consuming to get everyone vaccinated is the easiest way...

Tin town

Because not everyone is designed similar to build up a strong enough immune system to fight against viruses.

If the government decision was checking everyone to see if they had a strong immune system before offering the vaccine would be risky and time consuming to get everyone vaccinated is the easiest way..."

Just a thought... OK I'm being a bit of a twat... But....

If someone were to put a clever little chip in the vaccine...and have a network of special mobile telephony masts provided by China, across the nation... Let's call them 5g...the chips could talk to the huawei 5g masts and and and.....

Technically they aren't vaccines because they don't meet the criteria for a vax. Instead they are a medical instrument as they make your body produce spike proteins of SarsCov2.

Problem they found in trials on animals is that when vaccinated they showed a good immune response to SarsCov2. However. Once the animals were subjected to the virus "in the wild" most died due to an over reaction of antibodies.

Cytokline storm. Most died.

Also. Phizer themselves, on their site, say that trials of the "vax" don't end until 2023.

You are part of the trial I'm afraid.

There are some medical experts who believe that one of the proteins involved in production can cause neurological problems. The most obvious being bells paulsy. The least obvious, alzheimers.

Cant post links but easy enough to find that info online. Don't use Google to search though. You'll get an edited search result

If the government decision was checking everyone to see if they had a strong immune system before offering the vaccine would be risky and time consuming to get everyone vaccinated is the easiest way...

If someone were to put a clever little chip in the vaccine...and have a network of special mobile telephony masts provided by China, across the nation... Let's call them 5g...the chips could talk to the huawei 5g masts and and and..... "

OK...yes you are...but someone had to do it....

Manchester (she/her)

"Technically they aren't vaccines because they don't meet the criteria for a vax. Instead they are a medical instrument as they make your body produce spike proteins of SarsCov2.

Problem they found in trials on animals is that when vaccinated they showed a good immune response to SarsCov2. However. Once the animals were subjected to the virus "in the wild" most died due to an over reaction of antibodies.

Also. Phizer themselves, on their site, say that trials of the "vax" don't end until 2023.

There are some medical experts who believe that one of the proteins involved in production can cause neurological problems. The most obvious being bells paulsy. The least obvious, alzheimers.

Cant post links but easy enough to find that info online. Don't use Google to search though. You'll get an edited search result "

This is the argument that digs deep into American state laws to find ways to define the mRNA vaccines out of being vaccines, and denies that either the CDC or FDA have power to define them as vaccines. On the basis that *American* approval of medical devices doesn't meet the same standards as vaccines in the US. (Given that the FDA approved Pfizer and Moderna as vaccines... that's cute)

(If you're looking for the Age of Autism as a good source... Don't )

See the blog Respectful Insolence (no not a relevant scientist or doctor, but absolutely a scientist and a doctor), post 16 February, "The latest antivaccine lie about COVID-19 vaccines: “They’re gene therapy!”"

"Technically they aren't vaccines because they don't meet the criteria for a vax. Instead they are a medical instrument as they make your body produce spike proteins of SarsCov2.

Cant post links but easy enough to find that info online. Don't use Google to search though. You'll get an edited search result

This is the argument that digs deep into American state laws to find ways to define the mRNA vaccines out of being vaccines, and denies that either the CDC or FDA have power to define them as vaccines. On the basis that *American* approval of medical devices doesn't meet the same standards as vaccines in the US. (Given that the FDA approved Pfizer and Moderna as vaccines... that's cute)

See the blog Respectful Insolence (no not a relevant scientist or doctor, but absolutely a scientist and a doctor), post 16 February, "The latest antivaccine lie about COVID-19 vaccines: “They’re gene therapy!”""

They are indeed gene therapy. They don't alter but manipulate a part of your DNA. They are not vaccines though.

I'm not anti vax.

I'm anti being a guinea pig for big pharma.

Thing is. There are equally as many scientists and doctors who think the "vax" is dangerous.

So who's wrong.

The scientist and medical professionals

Or

The scientists and medical professionals?

Ever heard of professor sucharit bhakdi?

Well worth checking him out. You can see his credentials on wikkipedia.

Tin town

As its been mentioned on here Im going to enquire of the great knowledge pool that is the fora... My mum recently died of covid...as I've said before. The last 3 weeks were genuinely torture for her. But... Here's the question.... She was thankfully 100% compus mentis when she was taken ill. 3 weeks later she was not at all... And in fact a mentioned illness on her death certificate was dementia. So my question is.. Is there any link of covid leading to amongst other things dementia..?

Manchester (she/her)

See the blog Respectful Insolence (no not a relevant scientist or doctor, but absolutely a scientist and a doctor), post 16 February, "The latest antivaccine lie about COVID-19 vaccines: “They’re gene therapy!”"

They are indeed gene therapy. They don't alter but manipulate a part of your DNA. They are not vaccines though.

I'm not anti vax.

Thing is. There are equally as many scientists and doctors who think the "vax" is dangerous.

So who's wrong.

Or

"

You're parroting utter twaddle.

London

I would have thought that this community of all would be pro protection. Of all people we probably have the closest interaction between people/strangers, with a whole host of viruses and STDs to protect against.

Can you imagine if the people in charge of opening clubs were to look at this forum. An instant no could easily be the reaction.

I'm not anti vax.

So who's wrong.

Or

You're parroting utter twaddle."

Thanks for your mature response.

Manchester (she/her)

"I would have thought that this community of all would be pro protection. Of all people we probably have the closest interaction between people/strangers, with a whole host of viruses and STDs to protect against.

Can you imagine if the people in charge of opening clubs were to look at this forum. An instant no could easily be the reaction."

I think the main thrust on Fab is non conformist tendencies.

Pointless trying to debate on here as links aren't allowed. Good job for you lol.

So you're saying that a long time served professor with awards under his belt is talking absolute twaddle? hilarious.

I suppose you disagree with the trial comment too. Even though the company admits it freely?

Hahaha seriously???

I suppose you think the vax was tested on 40 plus thousand people in trials? Completely untrue. Also only tested on 18 to 55 year olds. Skipping the age groups that are most vulnerable. Also, those they tested on were in good health with no underlying conditions.

I don't need to defend my comments. It's on their website for all to see.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"`Notts47` why didn't you say what you had to say here instead of targeting me privately with your very abusive msg regarding my comment in this thread.

Ooooooohhh and then blocking me immediately afterwards. The word Coward stems to mind."

this happens, all the time. I've been getting loads, like this on Swingers.

Sending me private messages, then blocking me. Yes keyboard warriors are, v brave

Manchester (she/her)

"Pointless trying to debate on here as links aren't allowed. Good job for you lol.

So you're saying that a long time served professor with awards under his belt is talking absolute twaddle? hilarious.

"

Yes. Yes I am

Brighton

"I would have thought that this community of all would be pro protection. Of all people we probably have the closest interaction between people/strangers, with a whole host of viruses and STDs to protect against.

Can you imagine if the people in charge of opening clubs were to look at this forum. An instant no could easily be the reaction.

I think the main thrust on Fab is non conformist tendencies."

I take it you are not surprised by that though right?

Swinging, kink and group sex activities (not vanilla sex) is not exactly a conformist approach to life is it?

Manchester (she/her)

Swinging, kink and group sex activities (not vanilla sex) is not exactly a conformist approach to life is it?"

No, I'm not surprised. It's the natural conclusion to draw.

(My non conformism is pretty selective, and/or my values and judgement come before anything else)

"Pointless trying to debate on here as links aren't allowed. Good job for you lol.

Yes. Yes I am "

How about J Bart Classen. I suppose that medical professional doesn't know what he's on about either. Rolf rolf rolf pmsl lmao

Tin town

Swinging, kink and group sex activities (not vanilla sex) is not exactly a conformist approach to life is it?"

You're all individuals

Yes we are all individuals

I'm not..

Yes. Yes I am "

Why not send him an email telling him he's talking complete twaddle? Obviously the guys a fraudster and clueless.

Anti vaxers, climate change deniers, they can all wheel out a couple of scientists but the vast, overwhelming majority or medical professionals and scientists are I favour of Covid vaccination and climate change.

Newcastle

First of all I'm not a scientist nor very educated but have understanding and learn to behave knowledgeable whilst most of the people might be not prone to getting infected or better putting it not have serious effects from the virus but able to control this vaccine would act as a boost to keep the immune system stable this is just my opinion and whilst I'm not against the vaccine but knowing that I have a strong immune system will be still having the opportunity to get the vaccine once my age group becomes available and people should take note of this if not for yourself think about your loved ones and think about all those people who have lost a family member for not acting responsibly or not being able to get the vaccine sooner all this plays a valuable role

Manchester (she/her)

"Anti vaxers, climate change deniers, they can all wheel out a couple of scientists but the vast, overwhelming majority or medical professionals and scientists are I favour of Covid vaccination and climate change."

Quite.

I don't give a monkeys about the scientists, I care about the scientist. Anyone can spew garbage, even if they're eminently qualified.

[Removed by poster at 26/02/21 12:40:58]

Manchester (she/her)

"First of all I'm not a scientist nor very educated but have understanding and learn to behave knowledgeable whilst most of the people might be not prone to getting infected or better putting it not have serious effects from the virus but able to control this vaccine would act as a boost to keep the immune system stable this is just my opinion and whilst I'm not against the vaccine but knowing that I have a strong immune system will be still having the opportunity to get the vaccine once my age group becomes available and people should take note of this if not for yourself think about your loved ones and think about all those people who have lost a family member for not acting responsibly or not being able to get the vaccine sooner all this plays a valuable role "

Given serious disease seems to be an overreaction of the immune system in part... A strong immune system might not help. (My immune system is definitely over keen, so... jab me )

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 26/02/21 12:41:29]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The vaccines are designed differently to the OPs propositions. What their ultimate results are, is borne out in the evidence. Some will have acceptable results, others not. The research results of efficacy may be superseded by real world results that are more substantial, which only get to be known when they've been in use amongst millions, for a long period of time.

The vaccines work differently and help us to develop our natural immune responses to the virus, with adjustments made over time, that also counter new variants. The natural immune response that each of us makes, if we get in contact with the virus, may mean that we don't get infected, when we may have done, if we'd had no preexisting immunity.

The natural immune response we make may also mean that we're less infectious to others - infecting fewer people, in other words.

Certainly the symptoms that we get are, should we still acquire an infection, are vastly reduced. The vaccines are very likely to stop you from death, as a result of the infection and your symptoms will be reduced. I don't know anyone who, with a choice of how ill they will get, will choose the more severe illness and potential death option, compared to mild symptoms, or not being infected at all.

Anyone who would prefer to have no immunity derived from a vaccine, could put themselves forward for the trials where people are infected with the virus, or help people who are infected with their care.

We're getting significant evidence as time passes, of the benefits of the vaccines, that are broader than the initial research results were. The drvelopers didn't create a vaccine to have very limited benefits, they were wanting their vaccines to produce the most substantial benefits possible. As time passes, we'll continue to gain greater evidence of the real world benefits that they bring. Thankfully there is also evidence of the increasing vast majority of the population that wants to be vaccinated, via the ONS.

Newcastle

"First of all I'm not a scientist nor very educated but have understanding and learn to behave knowledgeable whilst most of the people might be not prone to getting infected or better putting it not have serious effects from the virus but able to control this vaccine would act as a boost to keep the immune system stable this is just my opinion and whilst I'm not against the vaccine but knowing that I have a strong immune system will be still having the opportunity to get the vaccine once my age group becomes available and people should take note of this if not for yourself think about your loved ones and think about all those people who have lost a family member for not acting responsibly or not being able to get the vaccine sooner all this plays a valuable role

Given serious disease seems to be an overreaction of the immune system in part... A strong immune system might not help. (My immune system is definitely over keen, so... jab me )"

Sometimes in life it's necessary to have a little prick even if they have one that doesn't subside their ego it's sensibility to be able to continue to enjoy the benefits of life hassle free

I'm a big little boy

"Anti vaxers, climate change deniers, they can all wheel out a couple of scientists but the vast, overwhelming majority or medical professionals and scientists are I favour of Covid vaccination and climate change."

You do know the earth is getting greener don't you? Also the earth's core is half the temperature it was a few thousand years ago. Dont shoot the messenger. Just ask NASA. Climate change is inevitable. We may just be accelerating it. (Possibly)

Biggest priority is pollution, not global warming.

Again. The research is there to see.

Also. There's a difference between anti vax and anti, being part of a trial.

My kids were vexed. I've been vaxed. I draw the line at being vaxxed as part of an experiment.

I draw the line at being vaxxed against something I have a 99 plus percent chance of surviving.

Death is inevitable. If its from flu or covid. That's just bad luck.

Those who are vaccinated have nothing to fear from me not being.

They will be safer than me. Wont they?

Manchester (she/her)

"Anti vaxers, climate change deniers, they can all wheel out a couple of scientists but the vast, overwhelming majority or medical professionals and scientists are I favour of Covid vaccination and climate change.

You do know the earth is getting greener don't you? Also the earth's core is half the temperature it was a few thousand years ago. Dont shoot the messenger. Just ask NASA. Climate change is inevitable. We may just be accelerating it. (Possibly)

My kids were vexed. I've been vaxed. I draw the line at being vaxxed as part of an experiment.

I draw the line at being vaxxed against something I have a 99 plus percent chance of surviving.

They will be safer than me. Wont they?"

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Even a perfectly healthy person can be infected by a virus that their body doesn't know how to fight.

Tin town

"Anti vaxers, climate change deniers, they can all wheel out a couple of scientists but the vast, overwhelming majority or medical professionals and scientists are I favour of Covid vaccination and climate change.

They will be safer than me. Wont they?"

Sometimes you can lead a horse to water

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Although the suggestion is that vax seems to reduce the possibility of transmission, the main reason for the passport would be to ensure you have had the vax, This in turn leads to a reduction in likely hospital cases which benefits everyone.

Could be difference of say 20000 brits in spanish hospitals as opposed to 2000 when they flock to Spain when routes are reopened. (figs are only an example)

Central

Partly correct - the immunity that the vaccines prompt is our body's natural immunity, they don't fill your body with artificial immune substances, they just trigger your body to do what it can do best, after provoking it with aspects of the virus that it would have encountered if your body had had the real virus. We just get a 100% natural immune response, ready to strike, should we have the virus get into our bodies.

The most effective immune response triggered by a vaccine, will be a strong, healthy body. We know that strong, healthy bodies also succumb to the virus and are also able to pass on the infection to others, potentially triggering their deaths.

Gaining immunity helps ourselves and others to remain healthier and to stay alive, as well as life and the economy returning to a less restricted form. All achieved by natural immunity, initiated by the vaccines.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"As its been mentioned on here Im going to enquire of the great knowledge pool that is the fora... My mum recently died of covid...as I've said before. The last 3 weeks were genuinely torture for her. But... Here's the question.... She was thankfully 100% compus mentis when she was taken ill. 3 weeks later she was not at all... And in fact a mentioned illness on her death certificate was dementia. So my question is.. Is there any link of covid leading to amongst other things dementia..? "

Very sorry for your loss.

As I understand, covid seems to be a systemic infection that is carried by the blood and can attack pretty well any part of the body. Symptoms associated with respiratory tract are most common because this is the usual point of entry of the virus into the body. However I believe that there are verified cases where the virus has entered the brain or affected blood vessels feeding the brain. This could certainly lead to symptoms of vascular dementia (where the dementia is essentially caused by starving the brain of oxygen). I would expect that there could also be an action of the virus directly attacking brain tissue, giving an effect very like Alzheimers dementia.

Mrs KC or one of the other medical experts on the site might be able to give a more authoritative answer.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

You might want to head back over to Facebook and get a new meme to plagiarise because newer evidence shows they do reduce transmission.

Sometimes you can lead a horse to water "

Exactly

Sometimes you can lead a horse to water

Exactly "

I call that horse. Well informed and bursting with common sense.

Manchester (she/her)

"You might want to head back over to Facebook and get a new meme to plagiarise because newer evidence shows they do reduce transmission. "

And quoting dodgy misquotes of US law is kind of telling.

Google j Bart classen and look for.

Immunologist: Pfizer, Moderna Vaccines Could Cause Long ...

9 Feb 2021 — In a new research article published in Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, veteran immunologist J. Bart Classen expresses ...

Hes probably full of crao compared to SAGE,PHE and UK GOV though

End of the day there are many hypothesis over the mRNA vaccines.

The reason being is that until a few years have passed. (Average flu jab takes ten years to correlate adverse reactions)Nobody really knows. Even those that say its perfectly safe are basing their ideas on hypothesis.

I understand why they developed it so quickly. No red tape. Infinite funding etc.

However the trials were only done on 18 to 55 year olds in good health.

They have absolutely no idea what the long term effects may be.

At the moment it looks promising but they are basing that on a test of just a few thousand healthy people.

I'll wait and see what happens thanks.

I hope their HYPOTHESIS is correct and there's nothing to fear.

However. How much do you trust a company facing a lawsuit for experimenting on children in Africa with a new polio vax that killed and maimed thousands of children.

NO THANKS.

2023. When phizer say their trial will end, will be my yardstick.

Brighton

As established in my post near top of thread I class myself as “Vaccine Hesitant” (not anti vax).

Not trying to be provocative, this is a genuine question...

To all those who are completely happy and trusting of Big Pharma and therefore totally willing to have any of these vaccines can I ask why the Big Pharma companies have been exempted (indemnified?) against future legal action from anyone? Are the Pharma companies and Govts not 100% sure these vaccines are safe and will not create long term health issues?

Manchester (she/her)

"As established in my post near top of thread I class myself as “Vaccine Hesitant” (not anti vax).

To all those who are completely happy and trusting of Big Pharma and therefore totally willing to have any of these vaccines can I ask why the Big Pharma companies have been exempted (indemnified?) against future legal action from anyone? Are the Pharma companies and Govts not 100% sure these vaccines are safe and will not create long term health issues?"

I don't 100% trust Big Pharma.

(Most of what follows is based on the US system, as it's easiest to find the history of. See the site "History of Vaccines" by the College of Physicians in Philadelphia, "Vaccine Injury Compensation Programs")

But the issue is, it's a compromise.

Vaccine preventable diseases wreak havoc on society. See this year, but also look at the outcomes for any of the other childhood diseases. It's in society's interest to have widespread vaccination.

No medical intervention is without risk, and people deserve to be compensated when it happens. It's an individual tragedy but a cost worth paying at a population level, lower than the cost of the disease. (before anyone comes after me, I've suffered such individual tragedy in my family).

Regular lawsuits are not in the business interests of the pharmaceutical companies, particularly when vaccines are usually not a high profit business (Covid being an exception at the moment). Private businesses will act in their own interests and may stop vaccinating.

But we need vaccinations. We should also support people who suffer adverse effects from medicines.

So the government steps in.

"The vaccine stops people dying at the moment, it’s not a joke it’s moving towards a way to live normally. "

Totally agree.

By *abcouple87Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Talking as one of the “Vaccine Hesitant” here (ie not Anti Vax just want sufficient information to enable me to make an informed decision about what I put into my body)...

It is only because of this growing evidence around transmission reduction that I have softened my view towards having the vaccine (though if I was older or in a vulnerable group I would also have “run the maths” to way up risk vs reward and softened anyway)."

Nice ass

Brighton

"As established in my post near top of thread I class myself as “Vaccine Hesitant” (not anti vax).

To all those who are completely happy and trusting of Big Pharma and therefore totally willing to have any of these vaccines can I ask why the Big Pharma companies have been exempted (indemnified?) against future legal action from anyone? Are the Pharma companies and Govts not 100% sure these vaccines are safe and will not create long term health issues?

(Most of what follows is based on the US system, as it's easiest to find the history of. See the site "History of Vaccines" by the College of Physicians in Philadelphia, "Vaccine Injury Compensation Programs")

Vaccine preventable diseases wreak havoc on society. See this year, but also look at the outcomes for any of the other childhood diseases. It's in society's interest to have widespread vaccination.

No medical intervention is without risk, and people deserve to be compensated when it happens. It's an individual tragedy but a cost worth paying at a population level, lower than the cost of the disease. (before anyone comes after me, I've suffered such individual tragedy in my family).

Regular lawsuits are not in the business interests of the pharmaceutical companies, particularly when vaccines are usually not a high profit business (Covid being an exception at the moment). Private businesses will act in their own interests and may stop vaccinating.

But we need vaccinations. We should also support people who suffer adverse effects from medicines.

So the government steps in."

So if (that is IF) one or more of these vaccines turns out in future to have created health issues are you saying the impacted individual(s) will be able to sue the Govt? Cos clearly they won’t be able to sue the Pharma Co!

Brighton

It is only because of this growing evidence around transmission reduction that I have softened my view towards having the vaccine (though if I was older or in a vulnerable group I would also have “run the maths” to way up risk vs reward and softened anyway).

Nice ass "

Lol that is what Fab should really be about! Thanks

Sadly the vaccine became avialable a couple of weeks after my dad died from Covid. If we can all stop others having to go through the devastation of losing someone we love then surely this is something everyone should do....

It really angers me that people are so bloody selfish..its not just about an individual its to protect us all.

Manchester (she/her)

So if (that is IF) one or more of these vaccines turns out in future to have created health issues are you saying the impacted individual(s) will be able to sue the Govt? Cos clearly they won’t be able to sue the Pharma Co!"

This I can link per Fab rules: https://www.gov.uk/vaccine-damage-payment

I'm not saying the system is perfect, but... It's a way to not scare manufacturers out of making vaccines (low profit, but high public importance), but also protect those who suffer serious adverse effects.

"Sadly the vaccine became avialable a couple of weeks after my dad died from Covid. If we can all stop others having to go through the devastation of losing someone we love then surely this is something everyone should do....

It really angers me that people are so bloody selfish..its not just about an individual its to protect us all.

"

Very well said.

I'm sorry you lost your dad. X

Manchester (she/her)

"Sadly the vaccine became avialable a couple of weeks after my dad died from Covid. If we can all stop others having to go through the devastation of losing someone we love then surely this is something everyone should do....

"

I'm sorry for your loss

Brighton

_naswingdress you beat me to it...

The Department of Health and Social Care confirmed an indemnity was in place for Pfizer and added that the government would be adding the coronavirus vaccine to the list of vaccinations covered by the Vaccine Damages Payments Act.

This pays out a one-off £120,000 payment to people who are permanently disabled or harmed as a result of a listed vaccination.

Manchester (she/her)

"_naswingdress you beat me to it...

The Department of Health and Social Care confirmed an indemnity was in place for Pfizer and added that the government would be adding the coronavirus vaccine to the list of vaccinations covered by the Vaccine Damages Payments Act.

This pays out a one-off £120,000 payment to people who are permanently disabled or harmed as a result of a listed vaccination."

Yes. As I say, it's not a perfect system, but it's a balance between public interest and companies acting in their self interest.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I'm not one to be against the vaccine but I believe will be those who need it more than others but same time it doesn't control the virus because people become carriers but don't become as Ill which helps the NHS deal better with so it doesn't add as much pressure

Yes and those carriers will facilitate the virus mutating and suppose it then affects children? Or the young? Arrogance isn’t a good enough reason to decline the vaccine "

Very well said.

I'm sorry you lost your dad. X"

Thank you x

Newcastle

The pros of having the vaccine if for whatever reason you may want to be a donor or need to be a donor for family members this might be a obstacle if one has not received a vaccine just thinking outside the box I myself would one day like to be a donor and help save a life whether giving blood or something else and might be if not had the vaccine this could not be possible because 1 the person who needs it has a right to reject and know if the said donor has had a vaccine or could be if we're a organ donor my valid reason to have it

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

What's a joke is posts like this lol have you made a vaccine? I didn't think so... Tricky isn't it lol

The vaccine stops you dying which is a big bonus no? and because you can survive you can no longer become infected, reducing the number of people clogging up the hospitals meaning they can treat other people with other illnesses.... can you see its not a joke now?

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

When I was a kid I remember we got lots of jabs. They told us then we were being immunised against catching various diseases. And it seemed to prevent contracting the various diseases.

Now we are being vaccinated.

And the vaccine does not prevent contracting the disease or the infecting of other people. So why are we not being immunised instead of vaccinated?

Central

So if (that is IF) one or more of these vaccines turns out in future to have created health issues are you saying the impacted individual(s) will be able to sue the Govt? Cos clearly they won’t be able to sue the Pharma Co!

I'm not saying the system is perfect, but... It's a way to not scare manufacturers out of making vaccines (low profit, but high public importance), but also protect those who suffer serious adverse effects."

The covid-19 vaccine is subject to the same compensation system as all other vaccines in the UK.

Not all of the vaccines are the result of Big Pharma making big bucks either. The Oxford vaccine is being provided at cost to the UK. Should AZ be subject to unlimited damages, for something that they have not been negligent for?

We run risks in life and usually do our best to minimise them, for ourselves and others. Based on the evidence that we have, for vaccines overall and these specific vaccines - they have been developed and tested for safety, to the extent that unforeseen major danger isn't likely. We can contrast that extremely unlikely risk with the highly likely risk of loss of many lives and acquisition of disabilities, due to the virus, as well as the far reaching damage to the wellbeing of society, by not taking advantage of them. Many of us know first hand the extreme pain of losing close family members this year, because of the virus. It's a definite risk, with a substantial effect, unlike the vaccines, which have as close to zero risk as you could hope for.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

I've had the jab...its the way forward

Newcastle

"I've had the jab...its the way forward "

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Bloody hell, this thread reminds me why I had a break from fab.

Manchester (she/her)

"Bloody hell, this thread reminds me why I had a break from fab. "

Lol

"Bloody hell, this thread reminds me why I had a break from fab. "

Too many cocks!

Man if it prevents people from feeling ill its a good thing. My father just recieved a letter asking him to attend a vaccination center but for him it's a bit to late because he's got the virus and it's fucked him up terribly.

He was so close to getting the virus vaccine

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Bloody hell, this thread reminds me why I had a break from fab.

Too many cocks! "

Cocks aren't a problem, it's the knobheads.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

What a bloody joke. If you can still catch the virus and spread the virus after being vaccinated having Covid vaccination passports is pointless.

Man if it prevents people from feeling ill its a good thing. My father just recieved a letter asking him to attend a vaccination center but for him it's a bit to late because he's got the virus and it's fucked him up terribly.

He was so close to getting the virus vaccine "

Indeed. My Grandad caught Covid and died of it. His vaccine appointment was the day after he was taken to hospital with it.

To all those who are completely happy and trusting of Big Pharma and therefore totally willing to have any of these vaccines can I ask why the Big Pharma companies have been exempted (indemnified?) against future legal action from anyone? Are the Pharma companies and Govts not 100% sure these vaccines are safe and will not create long term health issues?"

I forgot to say this.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This is how vaccines work.... a virus is only dangerous if your immune system is unable to deal with it effectively.

London

Yes big pharma can be cocks, but don't we all get stuff from big pharma? Headache pills, the pill, various ointments, etc.

Vaccines are actually bad business. They would make far more money on things to elivate systems of common viruses rather than curing them.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

"

To be fair, this question is easily answered.

The producers of the vaccines would ideally like to collect long term data before releasing their products, but the urgency of governments to stop the virus outweighs the risks. Consequently, governments & the WHO have taken on the liability in the case of a serious negative reaction.

Bearing in mind that the first testing of the vaccines were started in March, they have 11 months of data now... plus 100's of millions of doses world wide. The safety of the vaccines have been fairly well established.

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

"

To be fair, this question is easily answered.

The producers of the vaccines would ideally like to collect long term data before releasing their products, but the urgency of governments to stop the virus outweighs the risks. Consequently, governments & the WHO have taken on the liability in the case of a serious negative reaction.

Bearing in mind that the first testing of the vaccines were started in March, they have 11 months of data now... plus 100's of millions of doses world wide. The safety of the vaccines have been fairly well established.

Cal"

Plus what I said above re general policies on government liability for vaccine injury.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Either take the vaccine when it is offered or don't, either way do what you want to do for whatever reason you want to do it, and respect other peoples right to do the same.

Stop rubbishing their views, stop spreading rumours and uninformed rubbish.

there is plenty of informed opinion available to read, both for and against, let people make up their own minds and stop saying they are wrong, its their bodies let them decide.

and yes their decision may affect others, but it is still their decision.

"The vaccine stops people dying at the moment, it’s not a joke it’s moving towards a way to live normally. "

Each to their own.

I will take the vaccine in a couple of years. After the trials have finished and some form of long term data is collected.

Flu jabs are usually 10 years.

Maybe I'll wait that long rather than be a guinea pig for conservative mates and big pharma.

Have fun

Do we really need to know the ins and outs? Can we not just accept that theres some very clever folk who have done all the thinking who developed this, who have found something, can mass produce to try to stop folk from dying.

Im nhs.. I'm just greatful it can help so many.

But nothing in life pleases everyone.

Stay safe x

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Our immune system has never seen this virus before so it does not know how to create the antibodies the vaccine gives it a helping hand.

I have ten colleagues on the long haul .. 3 on a vent all under 50 one one had any underlying condition. 4 are under 40 "

What is your profession to have so many seriously ill people as colleagues?

Manchester (she/her)

"Do we really need to know the ins and outs? Can we not just accept that theres some very clever folk who have done all the thinking who developed this, who have found something, can mass produce to try to stop folk from dying.

Im nhs.. I'm just greatful it can help so many.

But nothing in life pleases everyone.

Stay safe x"

I looked into some of the ins and outs because I'm a nerd.

But fundamentally I trust that the government and healthcare regulators wouldn't approve something if it weren't safe. Same sort of assumption most of us make with most things in our lives.

...Up on the Downs

Do some very basic reading on what these vaccines do.

Then come back."

His statements are accurate, even if negatively expressed.

...Up on the Downs

If someone were to put a clever little chip in the vaccine...and have a network of special mobile telephony masts provided by China, across the nation... Let's call them 5g...the chips could talk to the huawei 5g masts and and and..... "

They have the technology... let's hope they never get approval to use it.

...Up on the Downs

"Either take the vaccine when it is offered or don't, either way do what you want to do for whatever reason you want to do it, and respect other peoples right to do the same.

Stop rubbishing their views, stop spreading rumours and uninformed rubbish.

there is plenty of informed opinion available to read, both for and against, let people make up their own minds and stop saying they are wrong, its their bodies let them decide.

and yes their decision may affect others, but it is still their decision.

"

Yes I think the judgement is very unhelpful.

North West

If someone were to put a clever little chip in the vaccine...and have a network of special mobile telephony masts provided by China, across the nation... Let's call them 5g...the chips could talk to the huawei 5g masts and and and.....

They have the technology... let's hope they never get approval to use it. "

5G technology exists and is alive and kicking in several British cities, as well as around the world.

There is ZERO technology to inject tracking chips in the guise of vaccines. It simply doesn't exist. Go and look at the microchips they put in animals and look at the needle. The very idea that people believe chips are in the vaccines is just ludicrous and without any basis in fact or evidence.

...Up on the Downs

5G technology exists and is alive and kicking in several British cities, as well as around the world.

There is ZERO technology to inject tracking chips in the guise of vaccines. It simply doesn't exist. Go and look at the microchips they put in animals and look at the needle. The very idea that people believe chips are in the vaccines is just ludicrous and without any basis in fact or evidence."

No-one is talking about tracking chips or anything that crude - think smaller, way, WAY smaller, and google nano-technology and it's potential use in medicine.

North West

There is ZERO technology to inject tracking chips in the guise of vaccines. It simply doesn't exist. Go and look at the microchips they put in animals and look at the needle. The very idea that people believe chips are in the vaccines is just ludicrous and without any basis in fact or evidence.

No-one is talking about tracking chips or anything that crude - think smaller, way, WAY smaller, and google nano-technology and it's potential use in medicine."

Yes, nanotechnology exists but not in vaccines! For the love of all that is holy

Manchester (she/her)

Doesn't nano in vaccines just mean small?

We did a small thing... The conspiracy

North West

[Removed by poster at 27/02/21 01:00:30]

North West

"[Removed by incompetent mathematician at 27/02/21 01:00:30]"

Times ten to the negative nine

...Up on the Downs

"Google j Bart classen and look for.

Immunologist: Pfizer, Moderna Vaccines Could Cause Long ...

9 Feb 2021 — In a new research article published in Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, veteran immunologist J. Bart Classen expresses ...

Hes probably full of crao compared to SAGE,PHE and UK GOV though "

Others have raised concerns about ADE, which is why I intend to wait a while if I can.

There's also a very interesting and well reasoned Letter of warning to the FDA and Pfizer On The Immunological Danger Of COVID-19 Vaccination In The Recently Convalescent And Asymptomatic Carriers by Hooman Noorchashm which could explain some of the post vaccine deaths that have occurred.

...Up on the Downs

No-one is talking about tracking chips or anything that crude - think smaller, way, WAY smaller, and google nano-technology and it's potential use in medicine.

Yes, nanotechnology exists but not in vaccines! For the love of all that is holy "

Did you actually read what I wrote - I said the technology exists.

Science is moving very fast. mRNA is a new technology that has been fast tracked, and there are plenty more where that came from. This is the point where Big Tech and Big Pharma meet. It should provide some incredible advances is treatment of cancers with any luck, also bio-sensing and monitoring. I doubt it will be long before you can inject nanofilament and monitor your glucose levels with your smartphone.

"Nanostructured materials are promising compounds that offer new opportunities as sensing platforms for the detection of biomolecules. Having micrometer-scale length and nanometer-scale diameters, nanomaterials can be manipulated with current nanofabrication methods, as well as self-assembly techniques, to fabricate nanoscale bio-sensing devices. Nanostructured materials possess extraordinary physical, mechanical, electrical, thermal and multifunctional properties. Such unique properties advocate their use as biomimetic membranes to immobilize and modify biomolecules on the surface of nanoparticles. Alignment, uniform dispersion, selective growth and diameter control are general parameters which play critical roles in the successful integration of nanostructures for the fabrication of bioelectronic sensing devices. In this review, we focus on different types and aspects of nanomaterials, including their synthesis, properties, conjugation with biomolecules and their application in the construction of immunosensing devices. Some key results from each cited article are summarized by relating the concept and mechanism behind each sensor, experimental conditions and the behavior of the sensor under different conditions, etc. The variety of nanomaterial-based bioelectronic devices exhibiting novel functions proves the unique properties of nanomaterials in such sensing devices, which will surely continue to expand in the future. Such nanomaterial based devices are expected to have a major impact in clinical immunodiagnostics, environmental monitoring, security surveillance and for ensuring food safety."

North Yorkshire

I'm not saying the system is perfect, but... It's a way to not scare manufacturers out of making vaccines (low profit, but high public importance), but also protect those who suffer serious adverse effects.

The covid-19 vaccine is subject to the same compensation system as all other vaccines in the UK.

Not all of the vaccines are the result of Big Pharma making big bucks either. The Oxford vaccine is being provided at cost to the UK. Should AZ be subject to unlimited damages, for something that they have not been negligent for?

We run risks in life and usually do our best to minimise them, for ourselves and others. Based on the evidence that we have, for vaccines overall and these specific vaccines - they have been developed and tested for safety, to the extent that unforeseen major danger isn't likely. We can contrast that extremely unlikely risk with the highly likely risk of loss of many lives and acquisition of disabilities, due to the virus, as well as the far reaching damage to the wellbeing of society, by not taking advantage of them. Many of us know first hand the extreme pain of losing close family members this year, because of the virus. It's a definite risk, with a substantial effect, unlike the vaccines, which have as close to zero risk as you could hope for. "

I wonder what your views are on the heatbreaking Thalidomide scandal.

The thalidomide scandal was just awful

Blindly taking something most of us know nothing about (apart from all the pharma experts on a swinging site obviously ) is a risk.

I'm not anti vaccine but I resent being bullied into it.

Can’t cure stupid either, got that for life.

By *had0wMan  over a year ago

Southampton

The human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the sla ves to this imposed thought behaviour, but we are also the police force of it.... rings very true right now

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Jesus Christ,all the effort and work and money gone into developing the vaccine so we can get back to normality (something deniers and anti vaxxers have been wanging on about) so they produce a vaccine to help everyone.

And still all people do is moan about it,find something to complain about.

Would all the people moaning about the vaccine prefer if it was not available at all?

I really do think some people don't deserve it,but thankfully that's not my choice to make and it's a fair society that allows access to all.

So if this generous free vaccine is offensive and against your beliefs,I'm sure there's a place you can go and live but please don't do it here.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

In answer to the OP....yes I know what vaccines do

Manchester (she/her)

"The vaccine stops people dying at the moment, it’s not a joke it’s moving towards a way to live normally.

The human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the sla ves to this imposed thought behaviour, but we are also the police force of it.... rings very true right now"

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

You really don’t understand do you. I have read plenty of interesting posts on here but very few that display this level of ignorance.

Manchester (she/her)

AIDS denialism is some crazy shit.

By *konCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

I think the biggest problem is that I’ve heard so many people say that “ two jabs and I can get back to normal “ !!

Manchester (she/her)

"I think the biggest problem is that I’ve heard so many people say that “ two jabs and I can get back to normal “ !!"

Two jabs, 2-3 weeks, sufficient herd immunity... Then yeah I hope so.

I know it made me feel like shit for the next 24 hrs . Hope the 2nd jab doesn’t do the same .

Though if it helps stop getting covid bad then it’s a small price to pay .

North West

"I know it made me feel like shit for the next 24 hrs . Hope the 2nd jab doesn’t do the same .

Though if it helps stop getting covid bad then it’s a small price to pay . "

Bad luck. I had the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on Friday evening and apart from a sore arm, I've had no side effects (yet). I've had Covid before, albeit nearly a year ago, so expected some more severe effects. That said, my personal Covid experience was incredibly mild.

I suspect that all the anti vacine people will still expect to be treated by the nhs should they actually contract the virus severe enough to warrant hospital treatment!

Notts

"I suspect that all the anti vacine people will still expect to be treated by the nhs should they actually contract the virus severe enough to warrant hospital treatment! "

exactly! reject the nhs advice but then go to the nhs! Dont they know the nhs is really a secret organisation that is putting micro chips into them! anti vaxers dont go to the hospitals or any doctors, seek help off other anti vaxers lol

I ignored this advice and got myself a vaccine

By *eepBlackHole69Woman  over a year ago

U.K

"I suspect that all the anti vacine people will still expect to be treated by the nhs should they actually contract the virus severe enough to warrant hospital treatment!

exactly! reject the nhs advice but then go to the nhs! Dont they know the nhs is really a secret organisation that is putting micro chips into them! anti vaxers dont go to the hospitals or any doctors, seek help off other anti vaxers lol

I ignored this advice and got myself a vaccine "

Do you feel the same about those who suffer from diseases that could have been prevented by exercise and proper diet??

Including smokers and obese people, or it just those who may be a bit dubious regarding the long term effects of which there currently is no data on?

Manchester (she/her)

"I suspect that all the anti vacine people will still expect to be treated by the nhs should they actually contract the virus severe enough to warrant hospital treatment! "

I think bad choices should not preclude someone from health care.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"I suspect that all the anti vacine people will still expect to be treated by the nhs should they actually contract the virus severe enough to warrant hospital treatment!

I think bad choices should not preclude someone from health care."

smoking for example? 78,000 people a year die from smoking related illnesses in the UK each year .

Manchester (she/her)

I think bad choices should not preclude someone from health care.

smoking for example? 78,000 people a year die from smoking related illnesses in the UK each year . "

Yes. They deserve healthcare.

Notts

Do you feel the same about those who suffer from diseases that could have been prevented by exercise and proper diet??

Including smokers and obese people, or it just those who may be a bit dubious regarding the long term effects of which there currently is no data on?

"

your question isnt for me its for the anti vaxers! Im saying yes anti vaxers avoid all advice if thats what you want.. lol

but im not... so what is your question again?

North Yorkshire

your question isnt for me its for the anti vaxers! Im saying yes anti vaxers avoid all advice if thats what you want.. lol

"

The post about smokers is a valid point. I would add alcoholics too.

Tin town

The post about smokers is a valid point. I would add alcoholics too."

Ooh can we make a list?

Drug addicts...

Speeders (in cars and bikes)

Sports injuries

DIY injuries

Sti treatments

There must be more..

Manchester (she/her)

I think healthcare is and should be a human right. No matter what choices you make in life. It's not a question if you're moral or deserving enough. You have health. You need healthcare.

I'm not against differentiating the vaccinated and unvaccinated by choice, but for things which are not fundamental to survival. You should get healthcare. Period.