FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The Queens Message

The Queens Message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-queen-urges-people-unsure-about-coronavirus-jab-to-get-vaccinated-12229060

"The Queen has said that having a COVID-19 vaccine "didn't hurt at all" as she encouraged those who are hesitant about getting jabbed to "think about other people rather than themselves".

Let's hope it helps the Vaccine Reticent to get it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Sadly I feel she is preaching to the converted I cannot see anti vaxers being interested in what the queen says.

Would be more effected if modern pop stars and film stars did it along with bimbo personalities we now have.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Sadly I feel she is preaching to the converted I cannot see anti vaxers being interested in what the queen says.

Would be more effected if modern pop stars and film stars did it along with bimbo personalities we now have."

Yes absolutely, 50-70+ have an affinity with modern pop and film stars and really go for bimbo personalities!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sadly I feel she is preaching to the converted I cannot see anti vaxers being interested in what the queen says.

Would be more effected if modern pop stars and film stars did it along with bimbo personalities we now have."

Can think of one film star they should listen to, he had the line "stupid is as stupid does"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'll be honest when I saw her saying basically "stop whinging and just get on with it, you selfish people" I just sighed and raised an eyebrow.

People have concerns, a woman in her mid 90s who has medical assistance at hand at a minutes notice is likely to feel much more reassured about receiving a vaccination than a lot of the people she was telling off

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

Does anybody have a break down of the anti vax people i.e., is it mainly certain religions, race or is it mainly the people on social media?

I know one or two stupid people who will only have it if not having it stops them travelling!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Does anybody have a break down of the anti vax people i.e., is it mainly certain religions, race or is it mainly the people on social media?

I know one or two stupid people who will only have it if not having it stops them travelling!!"

I think you have to differentiate between anti vax people and people who want to know a bit more about it before they have it.

I genuinely don't believe that the queen saying "you're all selfish" will make any difference to either group.

If Karen says her hairdresser's cousin's boyfriend had it then everyone else will.

Vax acceptance is up to 95% in the UK population now. ONS.

Also the fact that 18 million oldies have been Guinea pigs and the death rate is coming down massively.

"Also the fact that 18 million oldies have been Guinea pigs and the death rate is coming down massively. "

Then let's hear for the 'G'oldies' then. Leading the way just like Sir Tom.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Does anybody have a break down of the anti vax people i.e., is it mainly certain religions, race or is it mainly the people on social media?

I know one or two stupid people who will only have it if not having it stops them travelling!!"

That was one consideration of mine , doesnt make me stupid .

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Also the fact that 18 million oldies have been Guinea pigs and the death rate is coming down massively. "

Not just the oldies but the medical staff too

"Also the fact that 18 million oldies have been Guinea pigs and the death rate is coming down massively.

Then let's hear for the 'G'oldies' then. Leading the way just like Sir Tom. "

Goldies!

Now over 19 million.

And medical peeps..

Wirral

I know one or two stupid people who will only have it if not having it stops them travelling!!

That was one consideration of mine , doesnt make me stupid ."

Feel free to label yourself then. I suspect most would at least call that selfish.

Most ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Currently 94% of the adult population reports they have had or are likely to have the vaccine, when offered. This has increased from earlier reports.

The Office for National Statistics has some data, for those who are interested https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights#vaccinations

(Assumed a Fab acceptable link, as to a government site, Mods).

As countries go we are doing well to reach this level of acceptance. And if all are vaccinated up to that percentage we will have this beat yet.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Well I'm glad I've had mine, the thought of what could be the alternative, really scared me. Whilst I don't think it should be compulsory,unless you are working with vulnerable people, I still don't understand why some won't take the vaccine.

"Currently 94% of the adult population reports they have had or are likely to have the vaccine, when offered. This has increased from earlier reports.

The Office for National Statistics has some data, for those who are interested https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights#vaccinations

(Assumed a Fab acceptable link, as to a government site, Mods). "

More good news

The queen really is a legend just wish she was young again so she could smash through politics getting rid of all the scum that are just in it for greed and really make great British great again even at her age she is speaking out trying to get the population to do the right thing, some people really don't like the royal family but if you look in to what the queen did in her younger years she really was the back home to the country don't think we have ever and ever will have a leader quite like her again.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"The queen really is a legend just wish she was young again so she could smash through politics getting rid of all the scum that are just in it for greed and really make great British great again even at her age she is speaking out trying to get the population to do the right thing, some people really don't like the royal family but if you look in to what the queen did in her younger years she really was the back home to the country don't think we have ever and ever will have a leader quite like her again.

"

She isn't a politician

"The queen really is a legend just wish she was young again so she could smash through politics getting rid of all the scum that are just in it for greed and really make great British great again even at her age she is speaking out trying to get the population to do the right thing, some people really don't like the royal family but if you look in to what the queen did in her younger years she really was the back home to the country don't think we have ever and ever will have a leader quite like her again.

She isn't a politician "

really!!!! bloody hell I thought she was and she just liked the title queen because she is a diva

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

"The queen really is a legend just wish she was young again so she could smash through politics getting rid of all the scum that are just in it for greed and really make great British great again

"

Let me just stop you there.

A family who has literally lived of the back of every person in the population for hindreds of years, and you think they would stop greedy, many of whom are their own relations!? Hahahhahaaha

Also.the term Geeat Britain, basically comes from being the most successfully murderous kingdom on the planet at the time. A "greatness" we do not need.

there is an active campaign to encourage BAME groups for higher uptake of the vaccine because its lower than expected, they believe reasons could include language barrier, the spread of false information that the vaccine is not halal and i think there were a few others - the campaign is aimed at providing these people with the facts in a way accessible to them to help them make an informed choice

thats just one group i know of because i heard about it on the radio , there will be many more for more selfish reasons im sure

No interested what she’s got to say at any time. Over privileged & over paid paracites

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I have a cousin who is an anti vax covid denier, virulent anti science and believes the earth is flat. And voted Brexit. And believes in god.

If that helps

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Oh dear the haters are out in force again. Cant imagine how miserable life must be spending time being envious

"I'll be honest when I saw her saying basically "stop whinging and just get on with it, you selfish people" I just sighed and raised an eyebrow.

People have concerns, a woman in her mid 90s who has medical assistance at hand at a minutes notice is likely to feel much more reassured about receiving a vaccination than a lot of the people she was telling off

"

"Oh dear the haters are out in force again. Cant imagine how miserable life must be spending time being envious "

Lol envious!!!

There are too many vaccine bullies on these forums - calling people stupid etc because they have concerns.

I'm not an anti vaxxer - but I respect other people's choices.

"I'll be honest when I saw her saying basically "stop whinging and just get on with it, you selfish people" I just sighed and raised an eyebrow.

"

doesn’t everyone have immediate medical assistance on hand? isn’t this why you have to stay for 15 minutes observation after?

doesn’t everyone have immediate medical assistance on hand? isn’t this why you have to stay for 15 minutes observation after? "

No idea.

It's not the 15mins after the vaccine people are worried about.

It's the long term implications.

"There are too many vaccine bullies on these forums - calling people stupid etc because they have concerns.

I'm not an anti vaxxer - but I respect other people's choices.

"

My thoughts exactly.

I will be having mine but as much I understood there was still freedom of choice in this country.

Each to their own.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

doesn’t everyone have immediate medical assistance on hand? isn’t this why you have to stay for 15 minutes observation after? "

I went in, had my vaccination and walked straight out so did my partner.

15 minutes is hardly useful if you suffer bad side effects the next day.

Nottingham

Feel free to label yourself then. I suspect most would at least call that selfish."

My body .My choice.

I considered many things before deciding to have the vaccine.

I am not selfish... you dont know me so can keep your opinions to yourself and try to be kind when posting.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

doesn’t everyone have immediate medical assistance on hand? isn’t this why you have to stay for 15 minutes observation after?

I went in, had my vaccination and walked straight out so did my partner.

15 minutes is hardly useful if you suffer bad side effects the next day. "

When I had my vaccination, I was asked if I was driving? It was because I answered yes that I was asked to wait for 15 minutes, otherwise I was free to leave immediately.

Wirral

Feel free to label yourself then. I suspect most would at least call that selfish.

My body .My choice.

I am not selfish... you dont know me so can keep your opinions to yourself and try to be kind when posting.

"

To take the vaccine so you can travel for holidays as a priority is selfish. Taking the vaccine to protect yourself and others to build herd immunity as a priority is not selfish.

It is not an unkind comment - it is simply the truth.

My body .My choice.

To take the vaccine so you can travel for holidays as a priority is selfish. Taking the vaccine to protect yourself and others to build herd immunity as a priority is not selfish.

It is not an unkind comment - it is simply the truth."

Whether if it's in order to travel for holidays, or to protect yourself and others doesn't really come into it as far as I can see. Surely the important thing is to have the vaccine, irrespective of reasons?

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

So is it not ok to quite like some members of the royal family ?

North

[Removed by poster at 27/02/21 18:14:30]

chelmsford

"So is it not ok to quite like some members of the royal family ? "

Yes it is ok, the Queen is working from home, at the moment, like many others, she is 94 last year Princess Anne carried out over 500 royal engagements.

chelmsford

The Duke of Edinburgh retired at the age of 96 and had done over 22,000 solo engagements . During the second world war, he served with distinction...I don't think they are parasites..

liverpool

"So is it not ok to quite like some members of the royal family ? "

Like who you like

But its also perfectly acceptable to want the whole lot abolished

bournemouth

"So is it not ok to quite like some members of the royal family ?

Like who you like

But its also perfectly acceptable to want the whole lot abolished "

Yes it is, but what is the better alternative?

Those who want them to be removed dont do themselves any favours by saying they are parasites and have never done a days work which is plainly not true, a bit of respect and a balanced reasoned argument might get support, insults show more about the person throwing them than the royal family.

liverpool

Like who you like

Those who want them to be removed dont do themselves any favours by saying they are parasites and have never done a days work which is plainly not true, a bit of respect and a balanced reasoned argument might get support, insults show more about the person throwing them than the royal family."

Someone who can be elected and removed

I suppose that depends on what your definition of a what a days work is.

bournemouth

Like who you like

Those who want them to be removed dont do themselves any favours by saying they are parasites and have never done a days work which is plainly not true, a bit of respect and a balanced reasoned argument might get support, insults show more about the person throwing them than the royal family.

I suppose that depends on what your definition of a what a days work is."

Do you think you will still be doing public visits etc at 94 ?

I bet she still does more hours in a week than you do.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"The Duke of Edinburgh retired at the age of 96 and had done over 22,000 solo engagements . During the second world war, he served with distinction...I don't think they are parasites.."
me too , I'm very proud of our royal family and what they do for our country ,the commonwealth and the world

liverpool

Like who you like

I bet she still does more hours in a week than you do."

You royalists are very thin skinned arent you?

The slightest whiff off criticism and you get all defensive.

Just because you like to grovel to some dysfunctional German circus of a family doesnt mean we all have too.

You do seem to be strangely reticent about andrew though.

Like who you like

Just because you like to grovel to some dysfunctional German circus of a family doesnt mean we all have too.

You do seem to be strangely reticent about andrew though."

i was trying so hard not to get into the same argument ive already had this week but im not even a “royalist” and i don’t see anyone being defensive but i definitely see someone being out right offensive and borderline aggressive - its almost like you start seething as soon as you have to talk about them

liverpool

Like who you like

i was trying so hard not to get into the same argument ive already had this week but im not even a “royalist” and i don’t see anyone being defensive but i definitely see someone being out right offensive and borderline aggressive - its almost like you start seething as soon as you have to talk about them "

How am I being aggressive?

You realise I made a comment and I was asked how many hours I work?

Consider I didn't even make otiginal working comment..wanna tell me how that is relevant?

liverpool

In fact I wasnt even asked how many hours I worked..I was told I work less than the quuen

Would you be fine if someone said that to you?

"In fact I wasnt even asked how many hours I worked..I was told I work less than the quuen

Would you be fine if someone said that to you?"

yep and i work about 60 hours a week - its not a slight on me

id say “just because some of you want to grovel to a dysfunctional german circus of a family” was pretty venomous snd borderline aggressive wouldn’t you? its not really called for in the middle of an adult discussion

Like who you like

i was trying so hard not to get into the same argument ive already had this week but im not even a “royalist” and i don’t see anyone being defensive but i definitely see someone being out right offensive and borderline aggressive - its almost like you start seething as soon as you have to talk about them "

Well let's face it, a husband and wife raise a family, that grow up under virtually 24/7 media intrusion, and would you believe it 2 end up getting divorced, 2 of the grandchildren lose their mom at an early age and one of them walks away from it all. Doesn't sound particularly dysfunctional too me, certainly no more dysfunctional and a good percentage of any other families.

liverpool

"In fact I wasnt even asked how many hours I worked..I was told I work less than the quuen

id say “just because some of you want to grovel to a dysfunctional german circus of a family” was pretty venomous snd borderline aggressive wouldn’t you? its not really called for in the middle of an adult discussion "

So if someone said to you..bet you work less than them.

With the quite obvious subtext..you would be quite happy with that?making a general topic about you?

id say “just because some of you want to grovel to a dysfunctional german circus of a family” was pretty venomous snd borderline aggressive wouldn’t you? its not really called for in the middle of an adult discussion

With the quite obvious subtext..you would be quite happy with that?making a general topic about you?"

the subtext was she works a hell of a lot ... its nobody elses fault your bias against them meant you took it as an insult

liverpool

With the quite obvious subtext..you would be quite happy with that?making a general topic about you?

the subtext was she works a hell of a lot ... its nobody elses fault your bias against them meant you took it as an insult "

No.

The subtext about me.

The argument became personal

Either you cant see that or are choosing to ignore it.

With the quite obvious subtext..you would be quite happy with that?making a general topic about you?"

You work in a council office so

liverpool

You work in a council office so "

Sadly I don't get ferried around in a limo

She would of had one with a gold needle

Sadly I don't get ferried around in a limo"

I wish I did lol.

I am in Yorkshire Monday and Tuesday.

South London Wednesday Thursday and Friday.

Its going to be a long arsed week.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"... and really make great British great again

Also.the term Geeat Britain, basically comes from being the most successfully murderous kingdom on the planet at the time. A "greatness" we do not need."

The term "Great Britain" has geographical origins, meaning the larger of the two main land masses of the British Isles. It had nothing to do with delusions of grandeur.

The word 'great' has fortuitously become useful to the jingoistic element in British political life.

In a similar way, the so called 'Right wing' have always benefited from the association of the word 'right' with correctness.

liverpool

"... and really make great British great again

Also.the term Geeat Britain, basically comes from being the most successfully murderous kingdom on the planet at the time. A "greatness" we do not need.

The term "Great Britain" has geographical origins, meaning the larger of the two main land masses of the British Isles. It had nothing to do with delusions of grandeur.

The word 'great' has fortuitously become useful to the jingoistic element in British political life.

In a similar way, the so called 'Right wing' have always benefited from the association of the word 'right' with correctness."

Think the word great probally has a double interpretation.

liverpool

I wish I did lol.

Its going to be a long arsed week."

Just be thankful you arent a royal

They Must be shattered when they get in.

I wish I did lol.

"

bournemouth

Ha ha I thought it was the royalists that were thin skinned, perhaps I was very close to the truth .

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

Had my first Jab yesterday, felt a bit shabby today, couple of paracetamol and all good now. Please have it when offered

liverpool

Ha ha I thought it was the royalists that were thin skinned, perhaps I was very close to the truth ."

Obvs

Ha ha I thought it was the royalists that were thin skinned, perhaps I was very close to the truth ."

do you know who must hate topics being about them all the time , people born into it with no choice

liverpool

Ha ha I thought it was the royalists that were thin skinned, perhaps I was very close to the truth .

do you know who must hate topics being about them all the time , people born into it with no choice "

So just going to ignore my point?

Standard.

do you know who must hate topics being about them all the time , people born into it with no choice

Standard.

"

what point? if you mean just repeating that you thought it was a direct insult to you ive already told you my interpretation of the post - no point going round in circles repeating ourselves

liverpool

Standard.

what point? if you mean just repeating that you thought it was a direct insult to you ive already told you my interpretation of the post - no point going round in circles repeating ourselves "

Right

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Starting to see a pattern here.

chelmsford

"The Duke of Edinburgh retired at the age of 96 and had done over 22,000 solo engagements . During the second world war, he served with distinction...I don't think they are parasites.. me too , I'm very proud of our royal family and what they do for our country ,the commonwealth and the world "

Me too, lovely..

chelmsford

id say “just because some of you want to grovel to a dysfunctional german circus of a family” was pretty venomous snd borderline aggressive wouldn’t you? its not really called for in the middle of an adult discussion "

chelmsford

I wish I did lol.

"

You would be if you're still working at 94 or 96...

chelmsford

"Had my first Jab yesterday, felt a bit shabby today, couple of paracetamol and all good now. Please have it when offered "

Glad you're ok now

Nottingham

My body .My choice.

It is not an unkind comment - it is simply the truth."

Where in my post did i state taking the vaccine for travel was a priority ?

I said it was a consideration .

So not the truth .

Read what i posted before forming an opinion.

I left straight away after mine, everybody else there did too.

"The Duke of Edinburgh retired at the age of 96 and had done over 22,000 solo engagements . During the second world war, he served with distinction...I don't think they are parasites.. me too , I'm very proud of our royal family and what they do for our country ,the commonwealth and the world

Me too, lovely.."

Me too.

chelmsford

"The Duke of Edinburgh retired at the age of 96 and had done over 22,000 solo engagements . During the second world war, he served with distinction...I don't think they are parasites.. me too , I'm very proud of our royal family and what they do for our country ,the commonwealth and the world

Me too, lovely..

Me too."

North

I’m glad to see it’s not just me who likes some members of the royal family and think they are and asset to the UK .

chelmsford

"I’m glad to see it’s not just me who likes some members of the royal family and think they are and asset to the UK ."

Yes, some work hard behind the scenes. It's good to see William and Kate taking on some of the Queens duties, during this time

"I’m glad to see it’s not just me who likes some members of the royal family and think they are and asset to the UK .

Yes, some work hard behind the scenes. It's good to see William and Kate taking on some of the Queens duties, during this time "

And doing some face-to-face video chats to get the vaccine message out.

chelmsford

"I’m glad to see it’s not just me who likes some members of the royal family and think they are and asset to the UK .

Yes, some work hard behind the scenes. It's good to see William and Kate taking on some of the Queens duties, during this time

And doing some face-to-face video chats to get the vaccine message out. "

Yes

North

And doing some face-to-face video chats to get the vaccine message out. "

And I don’t think some realise how much money they bring into this country during normal times .

chelmsford

And doing some face-to-face video chats to get the vaccine message out.

And I don’t think some realise how much money they bring into this country during normal times ."

They bring in more in tourism than they cost us

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

If I said she was a liar, will I still get my knighthood?

Had it late afternoon Friday (Pfizer.) Still got a sore arm and all I wanted to do yesterday, was sleep.

chelmsford

"If I said she was a liar, will I still get my knighthood?

Had it late afternoon Friday (Pfizer.) Still got a sore arm and all I wanted to do yesterday, was sleep."

Haha! You'll be fine

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Sad but true.

If they do bring in more than they cost in tourism revenue why not privatise them?

Imagine being able to book the queen for your kids 5th birthday

"If they do bring in more than they cost in tourism revenue why not privatise them?

Imagine being able to book the queen for your kids 5th birthday "

privatise people? do you think the government currently own them?

"If they do bring in more than they cost in tourism revenue why not privatise them?

Between the Duchy of Cornwall and The Duchy of Lancaster the Royal Family are already 100% privately owned.

If you have a good cause however you can often get a Royal to visit.

Imagine being able to book the queen for your kids 5th birthday

privatise people? do you think the government currently own them?

"

Not the best way to word it but you get the idea...royal family plc

I'd book kate anytime for a night of fun!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"If I said she was a liar, will I still get my knighthood?

Had it late afternoon Friday (Pfizer.) Still got a sore arm and all I wanted to do yesterday, was sleep."

One days sleep is a hell of a lot better than the long sleep

She isn't a politician "

German too

Forum Mod

East Sussex

She isn't a politician

German too "

She's British. She has German ancestry.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

The Queen made pronouncements about the polio jab when her children were vaccinated. It if helps one undecided person to have the covid vaccine jab then it's worth it . I expect many of today's antivaccers were saved from contracting polio as a result of having that jab as a child .

chelmsford

"The Queen made pronouncements about the polio jab when her children were vaccinated. It if helps one undecided person to have the covid vaccine jab then it's worth it . I expect many of today's antivaccers were saved from contracting polio as a result of having that jab as a child . "

Yes

» Add a new message to this topic