FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Next up for Vax's by age are . . .

Next up for Vax's by age are . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56207602

Scientific advisers are outlining who will next be prioritised for a Covid-19 vaccine

People aged 40-49 will be prioritised next

Priority will be given in this order: people aged 40-49, then all aged 30-39 and all aged 18-29

Experts say the move will 'provide the greatest benefit in the shortest time'

They think it best to prioritise people by age, not profession

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yeh me next

d

Me on Monday......

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Here is my arm, looking forward to getting it.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Suits me fine.

I am surprised by this because I thought they were going to do it by occupation but I do think this is the fairest and easiest way.

Not all professions can be first and and I think there is an argument why so many could be right up there. So this seems the best way.

And so it would be a logistically nightmare to try and figure out who worked where and how would you make sure all those people in that occupation got vaccinated so I do think this is the best option.

"And so it would be a logistically nightmare to try and figure out who worked where and how would you make sure all those people in that occupation got vaccinated so I do think this is the best option."

i agree this is why its probably been chosen but i dont there would have been any harm in setting aside a bunch of priority appts where people of the profession within that age range could get in quicker - or even offering teachers the easter holidays to blitz getting them all when they are off work anyway

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

That will be once priority groups are vaccinated. 16 - 64 clinically vulnerable are being done now. It will then be over 50s

This is phase 2 .

Its not like the BBC to get it wrong.

The 50 to 59 group are next.

"This is phase 2 .

Its not like the BBC to get it wrong.

The 50 to 59 group are next. "

Of course, it is. The report is about what happens after that group.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"And so it would be a logistically nightmare to try and figure out who worked where and how would you make sure all those people in that occupation got vaccinated so I do think this is the best option.

i agree this is why its probably been chosen but i dont there would have been any harm in setting aside a bunch of priority appts where people of the profession within that age range could get in quicker - or even offering teachers the easter holidays to blitz getting them all when they are off work anyway "

I can understand your point but where do you draw the line of who is priority. For example teachers will mix with the same kids every day and having tests twice a week. Shopping staff, as an example, will come in to contact with thousands of different individuals throughout their week

Whatever way they did it someone wasn’t going to be happy that a group is seen as more priority than themselves, so maybe doing it by age is the fairest way

"And so it would be a logistically nightmare to try and figure out who worked where and how would you make sure all those people in that occupation got vaccinated so I do think this is the best option.

i agree this is why its probably been chosen but i dont there would have been any harm in setting aside a bunch of priority appts where people of the profession within that age range could get in quicker - or even offering teachers the easter holidays to blitz getting them all when they are off work anyway

I can understand your point but where do you draw the line of who is priority. For example teachers will mix with the same kids every day and having tests twice a week. Shopping staff, as an example, will come in to contact with thousands of different individuals throughout their week

Whatever way they did it someone wasn’t going to be happy that a group is seen as more priority than themselves, so maybe doing it by age is the fairest way "

That is exactly is my thinking because yes teachers are risk, But so a supermarket workers.

Statistically teachers on no more risk than the general working population.

I have just had a quick look at the age brackets and how many people fall into those categories.

Each of the age groups that have been set and there is between 8 and 9 million in each group. That is about the same as group 6 and they are flying through that.

That is the reason I don't see the point in setting aside some for people that considered more priority because of there job.

None of the other categories had priority in them. The 90 year old wasn't more of a priority than the 80 year old, everyone in that the over 80's were treated the same for example.

Whatever way they did it someone wasn’t going to be happy that a group is seen as more priority than themselves, so maybe doing it by age is the fairest way

That is exactly is my thinking because yes teachers are risk, But so a supermarket workers.

Statistically teachers on no more risk than the general working population. "

see i guess im looking at it as teachers are at a hell of a lot less risk than me - i work from home but i guess the trade off risk is if they say to people working from home when its your age band can you hang off and let the people working in public go first then it slows everything down which nobody wants

i just think it would have been really easy to paise the local vaccine hubs for a few days over easter and flip to the teachers - they could have even set up in the local high schools and took in all the secondary teachers and the feeder primaries

totally for not making a job harder but something like that should be relatively simple

supermarkets you come into contact with lots of people but not for the 15 min period they say is ideal for spread of the virus so i think really the risk is much lower

*more risk its me who has less risk

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-when-might-i-get-the-coronavirus-vaccine-12229644

Now with dates for delivery.

Statistically teachers on no more risk than the general working population.

see i guess im looking at it as teachers are at a hell of a lot less risk than me - i work from home but i guess the trade off risk is if they say to people working from home when its your age band can you hang off and let the people working in public go first then it slows everything down which nobody wants

i just think it would have been really easy to paise the local vaccine hubs for a few days over easter and flip to the teachers - they could have even set up in the local high schools and took in all the secondary teachers and the feeder primaries

totally for not making a job harder but something like that should be relatively simple

supermarkets you come into contact with lots of people but not for the 15 min period they say is ideal for spread of the virus so i think really the risk is much lower "

I understand what you were saying but statistically a supermarket worker is far more likely to catch covid and get seriously sick and be hospitalised.

Catching covid isn't necessarily an issue but getting seriously sick with it and needing hospitalisation is.

"https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-when-might-i-get-the-coronavirus-vaccine-12229644

Now with dates for delivery."

Wonderful news!

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56207602

Scientific advisers are outlining who will next be prioritised for a Covid-19 vaccine

Priority will be given in this order: people aged 40-49, then all aged 30-39 and all aged 18-29

"

What about 50 to 60??

Just had mine done. So far so good

What about 50 to 60??

Just had mine done. So far so good"

They are already in the priority group for the 1st phase.

This is the 2nd phase.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

What about 50 to 60??

Just had mine done. So far so good"

They are working their way through them... will be sometime before the beginning of April

Stage 2.

40-49 (7 million) 4 April to 23 June

30-39 (7 million) 24 June to 12 July

18-29 (7 million) 13 July to 31 July

Someone else can have mine, I got no worthy reason to get it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I am surprised by this because I thought they were going to do it by occupation but I do think this is the fairest and easiest way.

Not all professions can be first and and I think there is an argument why so many could be right up there. So this seems the best way. "

They have stressed the importance of it being done quickly, which age data from NHS system records allows, rather than trying to get other occupation data involved. It also means that those in occupations where their age places them at more risk, will get it before younger colleagues, who would be less vulnerable.

I'd encourage those in occupations with risk, to investigate whether they can get done at the end of a day, with surplus shots.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"Stage 2.

40-49 (7 million) 4 April to 23 June

30-39 (7 million) 24 June to 12 July

18-29 (7 million) 13 July to 31 July"

I think we are ahead in wales depending on your gp as me and my husband are having ours within the next few days ..

I'll be 48 at the end of March so I guess it won't be long after that when I get the call or letter for it x

"Someone else can have mine, I got no worthy reason to get it"

You are worthy.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Someone else can have mine, I got no worthy reason to get it"

You're human and you're capable of catching and spreading this.

There's your reason.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Be up soon

I got mine yesterday. Pfizer one, just a slight tenderness in the arm.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I got mine yesterday. Pfizer one, just a slight tenderness in the arm."
same here

Maybe,

I would rather be injected with the virus than get the vaccine.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"Maybe,

I would rather be injected with the virus than get the vaccine.

"

Really I'm speaking as someone who got the virus was hospitalised and luckily survived it .

I would not wish this awful virus on my worse enemy , so I really hope you don't get it .

John

It would take something special to happen, for me to even want to live.

"It would take something special to happen, for me to even want to live."

That's awful to hear I hope you're OK- maybe talk to someone about how you feel.

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/

By *edhotlovers2027Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

This means I will get vaccinated before Cazz

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

44, n done yesterday, feel like hit by a bus, but gonna be worth it, self medicate n sleep, hoping back on form tomoz no worse than a hang over

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

Think it's age n health priorities that get vacs in the groups that determine where you are on the list, some lists are not accurate due to I'm on the extremely clinical vulnerable but I have no idea why unless they have read some out of date medical notes I don't meet the criteria but I'm still going for it tho

[Removed by poster at 27/02/21 06:18:27]

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I think its great, we are actually seeing neighbors and people we converse with here on fab getting the jab Light at the end of the tunnel is approaching. Volunteering on my days off to help out. Lets do this for each other. It much like a fab meet, think of others before ones self... Then everyone walks away happy. . Everyone should get the jab even if they don't want. The sooner we get everyone on board the better..

i agree this is why its probably been chosen but i dont there would have been any harm in setting aside a bunch of priority appts where people of the profession within that age range could get in quicker - or even offering teachers the easter holidays to blitz getting them all when they are off work anyway "

Firstly, the common data that the NHS holds is age and medical conditions. Then there is the criteria gained through this pandemic on how the various age groups have been affected. Those under 50 while can be seriously ill with Covid there are significantly less deaths than those over 50 and with underlaying conditions.

All of this has been said most eloqunetly by Professor Van Tam

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Seems a bit random at the moment...a family member, aged 48 is getting hers next Saturday, but 4 others, in the 50-60 she group, not offered yet..

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

*age* group

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

We haven't got to the 60's age group yet so it's going to take some time yet I think.

It is taking a bit of time at the moment to get through this group plus a lot of people that had their vaccine at the beginning of January now me their 2nd dose so I think it will seem to slow for a bit but would definitely still getting through them.

» Add a new message to this topic