FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Me, Myself & Face Mask

Me, Myself & Face Mask

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ate_B OP   Man  over a year ago

London

I work on a construction site, lots of coughing, sneezing & guys taking pride in not washing hands (yeah the dirty bastards), all this has lead to me being a bit of a germophobe.

But earlier on I thought 'once we're vaccinated, will I completely stop wearing a face mask?

I mean at some point I will stop, but does anyone else feel that once vaccinated the days of the face mask are done or will there be slight hesitancy from you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I work on a construction site, lots of coughing, sneezing & guys taking pride in not washing hands (yeah the dirty bastards), all this has lead to me being a bit of a germophobe.

But earlier on I thought 'once we're vaccinated, will I completely stop wearing a face mask?

I mean at some point I will stop, but does anyone else feel that once vaccinated the days of the face mask are done or will there be slight hesitancy from you? "

I imagine it'll be weird to get used to again. But I'm looking forward to it. They're pretty unpleasant.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think they've demonstrated well how something so simple can help to protect us so well. I wear reusable ones in public that are comfortable and better than those disposable ones. I'll probably be wearing them most or all of this year. They're good in winter for warmth and to help to stop colds and flu.

Guessing they'll tail off later summer but it will depend on the rules and advice. Once groups drinking around tables get used to them being off frequently, it'll drive use down too

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

We are binning ours soon as we can ,let’s hope it’s soon

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only ever wear one in situations where legislated....ie shop or public building....but did tend to leave on the other week when it was chiffon freezing. Keeps your face warm when walking the dog....

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I hate face masks but mine was my best friend when my crown felll out and i had to wait 3weeks to see a dentist.

I bet they all fart like troopers as well?

The stink of last nights kebab and beer - wooooooft pheewwwww

And I'll go even further and bet good money that they all pissed themselves laughing at it.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I bet they all fart like troopers as well?

The stink of last nights kebab and beer - wooooooft pheewwwww

And I'll go even further and bet good money that they all pissed themselves laughing at it."

¿Qué?

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

They’re mandatory here, even on the beach. As soon as we’re allowed to, mine are being binned!

They trigger my anxiety and have had a couple of genuinely frightening panic attacks with them. I don’t even wear a scarf round my face in winter. My skin is disgusting and nothing I’ve tried helps it. I truly despise them

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 27/02/21 01:45:22]

I heard that one have to still wear the face mask after it.

Benidorm Spain

Hopefully not shag, but I will continue us to wear it as long as necessary. Seems to have worsened my asthma too, but that may be psychological, cos I worry about the panic attack

"Hopefully not shag, but I will continue us to wear it as long as necessary. Seems to have worsened my asthma too, but that may be psychological, cos I worry about the panic attack"
Yes, they can cause that too, lets hope that it wont be the new reality to have them for years to come.

Benidorm Spain

I can’t see it it being permanently mandatory to be honest, but I also don’t see rules being relaxed any time soon

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I was paranoid on public transport before we were required to use masks; especially on cold days when the windows were shut and covered in condensation from people breathing.

"I can’t see it it being permanently mandatory to be honest, but I also don’t see rules being relaxed any time soon "
Yes. I can see the same thing there, lets hope that the rules will be relaxed soon.

"I can’t see it it being permanently mandatory to be honest, but I also don’t see rules being relaxed any time soon "

This is how I see it although some businesses may decide to keep it mandatory but I don't think it will be law forever.

"I was paranoid on public transport before we were required to use masks; especially on cold days when the windows were shut and covered in condensation from people breathing.

"

Ew

I've been lucky enough not to have to get on public transport since all of this started.

I'm not a fan even when it isn't germy! The thought of getting on a packed tube or a bus where old ladies slam the window shut if you open it just makes me feel ill

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"I can’t see it it being permanently mandatory to be honest, but I also don’t see rules being relaxed any time soon

This is how I see it although some businesses may decide to keep it mandatory but I don't think it will be law forever."

If some businesses decided to keep it and others in the same sector didn't, my guess is that shoppers will go to the non mask requiring premises more and will then force rule changes elsewhere.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I can’t see it it being permanently mandatory to be honest, but I also don’t see rules being relaxed any time soon

This is how I see it although some businesses may decide to keep it mandatory but I don't think it will be law forever.

If some businesses decided to keep it and others in the same sector didn't, my guess is that shoppers will go to the non mask requiring premises more and will then force rule changes elsewhere."

I think there's plenty of people who would prefer to shop in a place where masks were in use, hand gel at the entrance etc.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If some businesses decided to keep it and others in the same sector didn't, my guess is that shoppers will go to the non mask requiring premises more and will then force rule changes elsewhere.

I think there's plenty of people who would prefer to shop in a place where masks were in use, hand gel at the entrance etc."

Safety first: I'll certainly favour businesses which take such an approach. Boycotting and politically based purchasing choices happen on both sides of the divide.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Given the nature of my work I'll probably have to wear one for a while after lockdown ends due to our governing rules

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"I work on a construction site, lots of coughing, sneezing & guys taking pride in not washing hands (yeah the dirty bastards), all this has lead to me being a bit of a germophobe.

I mean at some point I will stop, but does anyone else feel that once vaccinated the days of the face mask are done or will there be slight hesitancy from you? "

It may help keeping dust and contamination at bay wearing on a building site.

Just in the process of renovating a house and a face mask was a must when chashing out walls and plastering, if I worked on a construction site I'd wear one.

It will be interesting to see if seasonal flu has been reduced this year through social distancing mask wearing and hand washing.

I'd be happy to wear a mask from October to March if it helped others.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I do think that masks will still be required for visitors to hospital and doctors from now on

I will continue to wear mine for a good while yet.

I like the feeling of them, and the idea that I'm protected from others germs, even if its only a bit.

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Belgian government bought millions of masks to give them to the population for free through pharmacies. Now they found traces of silver and titanium dioxide in their fibres. They say it can affect the respiratory system. If that’s the case with a huge government procurement then I don’t want to think about the ones bought from the corner shop or supermarket.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I'll treat mine like any kind of insurance, only get it, or wear one, if it's a legal requirement.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I don't like wearing one, I'm used to it but it's still a pain. The minute we don't have to wear one I will be throwing mine away.

» Add a new message to this topic