FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Nhs app

Nhs app

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you check out the BBC website there is talk of using the a NHS app as a vaccine passport

(Not the covid app)

This one would scan your face and need passport details on your phone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't know where you've got this information because what information will it need from your passport other than your name and date of birth.

I looked on the BBC website and couldn't see anything.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I have downloaded the NHS app so I can access my medical records. You have to scan your passport and record a video of your face saying some random numbers they have texted you.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

How will that work for all the people who don’t have a passport?

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"How will that work for all the people who don’t have a passport?"

They wont be going abroad on holiday then xx

By *umslaveTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

I dont have a phone

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If speaking and having a passport are the only two identifying criteria allowed it's going to exclude a lot people

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"How will that work for all the people who don’t have a passport?

If speaking and having a passport are the only two identifying criteria allowed it's going to exclude a lot people"

Does it have to be a British passport?

... Yes it's happened before. That's not a legitimate passport, Swing.

Oh really is that so

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If speaking and having a passport are the only two identifying criteria allowed it's going to exclude a lot people

Oh really is that so "

I don't know. I'm doing that thing of posting without knowing the full facts.

Manchester (she/her)

Oh really is that so

I don't know. I'm doing that thing of posting without knowing the full facts. "

Didn't expect you to, but... It's one of those things that comes up way too often

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"If you check out the BBC website there is talk of using the a NHS app as a vaccine passport

(Not the covid app)

This one would scan your face and need passport details on your phone "

Oh I do hope so, and I hope there are plans to make it mandatory too. No access to anywhere or any services without checking in and proving your credentials

"I have downloaded the NHS app so I can access my medical records. You have to scan your passport and record a video of your face saying some random numbers they have texted you. "

so that just sounds like its how they ID you before releasing your medical records to the app - plenty online services like hmrc would ask for similar verification before letting you create an online account , or opening a bank account with a new bank bia the web or an app (thinking monzo)

it doesn’t mean that they are storing your passport info, that its linked to your passport info, or that you wont be able to get your identity verified another way if you dont have a passport

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Well seems as my fone is so old it wont even support watsapp anymore im guessing it wont support this app either

Manchester (she/her)

"I have downloaded the NHS app so I can access my medical records. You have to scan your passport and record a video of your face saying some random numbers they have texted you.

so that just sounds like its how they ID you before releasing your medical records to the app - plenty online services like hmrc would ask for similar verification before letting you create an online account , or opening a bank account with a new bank bia the web or an app (thinking monzo)

it doesn’t mean that they are storing your passport info, that its linked to your passport info, or that you wont be able to get your identity verified another way if you dont have a passport "

Yes, I could imagine that you could report the information to Thing A, who approve and report the approval to Thing B, and there's no way to access A (sensitive information) from B.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

My old phone won't even down load the app and yes passport is about to run out.

My 75 year old mum dose not have eather so to meany would strugelg

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Oh really is that so

Didn't expect you to, but... It's one of those things that comes up way too often "

It can prove interesting entering a foreign country as a couple with each of you having passports from a different country too

Manchester (she/her)

Oh really is that so

Didn't expect you to, but... It's one of those things that comes up way too often

It can prove interesting entering a foreign country as a couple with each of you having passports from a different country too "

When I first arrived in the UK I was refused a bottle of wine because my passport was fake

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Oh really is that so

It can prove interesting entering a foreign country as a couple with each of you having passports from a different country too

When I first arrived in the UK I was refused a bottle of wine because my passport was fake "

Now that's getting serious. Neither of us have ever been refused alcohol, refused entry to another country is one thing but wine!

"I have downloaded the NHS app so I can access my medical records. You have to scan your passport and record a video of your face saying some random numbers they have texted you.

it doesn’t mean that they are storing your passport info, that its linked to your passport info, or that you wont be able to get your identity verified another way if you dont have a passport

Yes, I could imagine that you could report the information to Thing A, who approve and report the approval to Thing B, and there's no way to access A (sensitive information) from B."

it might be different for the nhs because its government run but there are companies that already do this call ID&V companies where the company getting the account wouldn’t even even see the details - til this year Experian were even doing it for the HMRC accounts

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

They wont be going abroad on holiday then xx"

The OP doesn’t reference foreign travel, just a vaccine passport which could be for. anything related to having to prove you’ve had the vaccine. Ok smarty pants.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, I could imagine that you could report the information to Thing A, who approve and report the approval to Thing B, and there's no way to access A (sensitive information) from B.

it might be different for the nhs because its government run but there are companies that already do this call ID&V companies where the company getting the account wouldn’t even even see the details - til this year Experian were even doing it for the HMRC accounts "

Yes. It'd make sense for something like this, particularly if it's electronic, to have two entities (even if separate government agencies) handling it, to reduce risk.

It may have some benefits other than a pass to go to the boozer

If you are ill abroad or here then quick access to your medical notes might be beneficial say to paramedics ?

We all leave a large electorate foot print so we can easily be traced bit late in the day to get squeamish over where your data is stored

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

They wont be going abroad on holiday then xx"

You get some strange questions asked in these forums

Look under the "tech" tab

" how would an NHS covid app passport work"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's not been confirmed that we're having 1 yet and I'm guessing that we'll either do the easiest thing, based on systems that exist or outsource it to friends of the government, with an open cheque. IATA and the EU may be reasonable parties to the discussion, if it's also connected to travel requirements

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"If you check out the BBC website there is talk of using the a NHS app as a vaccine passport

(Not the covid app)

Very bad many do not have smart phones and apps can be unreliable need to be a credit card type ID

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Need credit card type ID

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

(Not the covid app)

There has been a lot of "talk" about a lot of things. When there has been enough talk & discussion made that they can formulate an actual "plan" that they could vote on implementing, then that will be a different thing.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

(Not the covid app)

Good. I have no issue with that.. Let's face it when we were allowed out and about our pictures were taken daily and our movements recorded on camera mostly without us knowing about it..

At least this way there might be a way of matching cctv camera against a face on a Covid app to prove someone has or has not been vaccinated or has symptoms etc

Works for me!

I tend to agree

We need a biometric vac card which can be updated

Not everyone has a passport or driving licence which are the two teir one forms of ID

» Add a new message to this topic