FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > death certificates to be changed?

death certificates to be changed?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Layla Moran, the Liberal Democrat MP who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on coronavirus, said: ‘The Government should call a public inquiry into the handling of the pandemic immediately with an interim investigation into all Covid deaths that should report as soon as possible.’

Tory MP Paul Bristow, a member of the Commons health committee, said: ‘It’s almost certain that a number of deaths have been wrongly attributed to Covid-19.

‘Not only has this skewed figures when data has been so important in deciding how we respond to the pandemic, it has caused distress and anxiety for relatives.

‘Whether we have received the most appropriate figures should definitely be considered in any future inquiry.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9305405/Grieving-relatives-demand-inquiry-loved-ones-wrongly-certified-virus-victims.html

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

It is indeed true that many other countries have tabulated their death rate very differently than the UK have. Sometime in the future we do need to take account of this.

We need to properly understand everything we did well and everything we did badly. We also need a World Forum for Pandemic Responses that takes account of all of these factors.

Your World View might be that we came 'close' or that it was just a 'blip' in the human experience on Planet Earth.

Either way - if that blip or close shave came at the expense of life, we need to properly understand it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The figures are in flux, and that will also be true of every country. It's difficult to figure out in a crisis.

That being said, I doubt death certificates will be changed.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Daily mail

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Is that not why they say died with Covid-19?

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Something to look into after the crisis is over.

British death certificates are different from some other countries'. We list several conditions that a person had at the time of death rather than giving one cause.

Manchester (she/her)

"Something to look into after the crisis is over.

British death certificates are different from some other countries'. We list several conditions that a person had at the time of death rather than giving one cause.

"

I thought that was so. I'm thinking of Australia, but when one of my relatives died, his long term health conditions were listed alongside the immediate cause of death.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Is that not why they say died with Covid-19?"

Exactly this.

Just another mp trying to get their name in the news

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The only numbers we will be sure of will be the number of excess deaths.

It's not going to look good.

Luton

One thing we've discovered, or at least I have discovered, is that different countries sometimes record deaths very differently.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"The only numbers we will be sure of will be the number of excess deaths.

It's not going to look good."

The trouble is excess deaths will include deaths from the non treatment of other illnesses and also suicides.

An inquiry should be held but it's far too early now, let's get to this time next year and then we can do it properly.

Luton

Ultimately we do need an enquiry, after the crisis and before the election. No country in Europe has done especially well but we also seen to have made specific mistakes.

Manchester (she/her)

It's not going to look good.

The trouble is excess deaths will include deaths from the non treatment of other illnesses and also suicides.

An inquiry should be held but it's far too early now, let's get to this time next year and then we can do it properly."

Yes, but I suppose one can a) see the total cost of the pandemic, and b) use mathematical models or other forms of analysis to determine likely breakdowns of those deaths.

I also don't think accountability now and a full inquiry later are mutually exclusive.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"One thing we've discovered, or at least I have discovered, is that different countries sometimes record deaths very differently."

That’s absolutely true. It’s quite interesting to see how other countries have recorded COVID-19 deaths which bear little resemblance to the excess deaths figure.

Some interesting stats here

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

The question is ,are the excess deaths due to COVID or due to the Lockdown? Or better say how many of each? In the first lockdown a quarter of COVID deaths were people with dementia and Alzheimer. Lot’s of others had heart attacks. Was it because Covid or because they were afraid to seek help? Strangely enough there were less people dying from other illnesses than the previous years. Let’s not forget that during lockdown lots of elderly shielding by themselves were literally bombarded by BBC with COVID coverage. They are less likely to to watch movies or to spend time online like the younger generation. And unfortunately other than news and an odd program here and there, isn’t anything to watch on the TV for the very elderly. I can imagine how much mental strain was on those people. So much worry would give a heart attack to a healthy person let alone a frail one. Dementia is also a condition which takes its toll very quickly if the person doesn’t have access to constant mental engagement.

Manchester (she/her)

"The question is ,are the excess deaths due to COVID or due to the Lockdown? Or better say how many of each? In the first lockdown a quarter of COVID deaths were people with dementia and Alzheimer. Lot’s of others had heart attacks. Was it because Covid or because they were afraid to seek help? Strangely enough there were less people dying from other illnesses than the previous years. Let’s not forget that during lockdown lots of elderly shielding by themselves were literally bombarded by BBC with COVID coverage. They are less likely to to watch movies or to spend time online like the younger generation. And unfortunately other than news and an odd program here and there, isn’t anything to watch on the TV for the very elderly. I can imagine how much mental strain was on those people. So much worry would give a heart attack to a healthy person let alone a frail one. Dementia is also a condition which takes its toll very quickly if the person doesn’t have access to constant mental engagement. "

You underestimate the resilience and resourcefulness of the elderly, in the main. I'm a long term volunteer with the elderly and they're not glued to their idiot boxes, terrified. They're talking to each other, reading, looking out in their gardens.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Daily mail "

The daily fail has an agenda here, of course.

The most important thing is that we manage the solution to the problem of this virus. The NHS is far from clear of being overwhelmed. The country still has very high levels of infection around.

We definitely should have a full and robust inquiry into how this has been managed and no government member should be protected from criminal and other wrongdoing - ideally sooner, rather than later, to ensure that we are learning from our experience and doing the best from now. A small taskforce could review infection and death data but it's not going to bring anyone back. If there's an agenda to manipulate numbers downwards, it's probably full of desire to whitewash the issue of how this has all been managed, to brainwash everyone to see the catastrophe in a better light than the horrific reality. Truth may hurt but we'll never progress if we try to live in a lala fantasy land.

Manchester (she/her)

"Daily mail

The daily fail has an agenda here, of course.

The most important thing is that we manage the solution to the problem of this virus. The NHS is far from clear of being overwhelmed. The country still has very high levels of infection around.

We definitely should have a full and robust inquiry into how this has been managed and no government member should be protected from criminal and other wrongdoing - ideally sooner, rather than later, to ensure that we are learning from our experience and doing the best from now. A small taskforce could review infection and death data but it's not going to bring anyone back. If there's an agenda to manipulate numbers downwards, it's probably full of desire to whitewash the issue of how this has all been managed, to brainwash everyone to see the catastrophe in a better light than the horrific reality. Truth may hurt but we'll never progress if we try to live in a lala fantasy land. "

I fear lala fantasy land is all we're going to get.

Basingstoke

"The question is ,are the excess deaths due to COVID or due to the Lockdown? Or better say how many of each? In the first lockdown a quarter of COVID deaths were people with dementia and Alzheimer. Lot’s of others had heart attacks. Was it because Covid or because they were afraid to seek help? Strangely enough there were less people dying from other illnesses than the previous years. Let’s not forget that during lockdown lots of elderly shielding by themselves were literally bombarded by BBC with COVID coverage. They are less likely to to watch movies or to spend time online like the younger generation. And unfortunately other than news and an odd program here and there, isn’t anything to watch on the TV for the very elderly. I can imagine how much mental strain was on those people. So much worry would give a heart attack to a healthy person let alone a frail one. Dementia is also a condition which takes its toll very quickly if the person doesn’t have access to constant mental engagement.

You underestimate the resilience and resourcefulness of the elderly, in the main. I'm a long term volunteer with the elderly and they're not glued to their idiot boxes, terrified. They're talking to each other, reading, looking out in their gardens."

I do agree with you, in normal times. But these were far from normal. Is not like they were watching TV because they were bored. They were watching to see what’s going on, news, Boris and co. every afternoon etc. Then having kids telling them don’t go anywhere, be careful. Don’t tell me that you were not stressed. And if you were stressed imagine the effects on the elderly.

Zero flu deaths this year.

Before anyone says it's because of mask wearing, social distancing and lockdown. How do you explain covid?

Manchester (she/her)

"The question is ,are the excess deaths due to COVID or due to the Lockdown? Or better say how many of each? In the first lockdown a quarter of COVID deaths were people with dementia and Alzheimer. Lot’s of others had heart attacks. Was it because Covid or because they were afraid to seek help? Strangely enough there were less people dying from other illnesses than the previous years. Let’s not forget that during lockdown lots of elderly shielding by themselves were literally bombarded by BBC with COVID coverage. They are less likely to to watch movies or to spend time online like the younger generation. And unfortunately other than news and an odd program here and there, isn’t anything to watch on the TV for the very elderly. I can imagine how much mental strain was on those people. So much worry would give a heart attack to a healthy person let alone a frail one. Dementia is also a condition which takes its toll very quickly if the person doesn’t have access to constant mental engagement.

You underestimate the resilience and resourcefulness of the elderly, in the main. I'm a long term volunteer with the elderly and they're not glued to their idiot boxes, terrified. They're talking to each other, reading, looking out in their gardens.

I do agree with you, in normal times. But these were far from normal. Is not like they were watching TV because they were bored. They were watching to see what’s going on, news, Boris and co. every afternoon etc. Then having kids telling them don’t go anywhere, be careful. Don’t tell me that you were not stressed. And if you were stressed imagine the effects on the elderly."

*Sigh*

I am speaking from my experience of helping the elderly during this pandemic. They are stronger and more resourceful than you want to paint them.

I'm sorry my real world experience doesn't suit your apparent agenda.

Manchester (she/her)

"Zero flu deaths this year.

Before anyone says it's because of mask wearing, social distancing and lockdown. How do you explain covid? "

Flu has an R0 of 1.3-1.5

Covid has an R0 of 2.5-3.

Covid is more contagious than flu and they spread in similar ways.

Sorry for busting your conspiracy.

Luton

"

Bollocks and horseshit. And demonstrably a lie.

Plus what _naswingdress said.

Basingstoke

I do agree with you, in normal times. But these were far from normal. Is not like they were watching TV because they were bored. They were watching to see what’s going on, news, Boris and co. every afternoon etc. Then having kids telling them don’t go anywhere, be careful. Don’t tell me that you were not stressed. And if you were stressed imagine the effects on the elderly.

*Sigh*

I am speaking from my experience of helping the elderly during this pandemic. They are stronger and more resourceful than you want to paint them.

I'm sorry my real world experience doesn't suit your apparent agenda."

Glad that you were volunteering but some of us were actually working with them for the whole life. You are confusing their superior mental and physical resilience with something else. The fact that they don’t break down as easily doesn’t mean that they don’t feel it.

And I don’t have any agenda. I just want to know the truth or maybe to find it if no one knows it yet. That’s the only way in which we will learn anything from this experience.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

It's not going to look good."

Yep, and France stopped reporting excess death figures in May. Says it all really.

Eastleigh

"Ultimately we do need an enquiry, after the crisis and before the election. No country in Europe has done especially well but we also seen to have made specific mistakes. "

And out of all of them,we most probably have the most accurate reporting system in the world.

Eastleigh

"One thing we've discovered, or at least I have discovered, is that different countries sometimes record deaths very differently.

That’s absolutely true. It’s quite interesting to see how other countries have recorded COVID-19 deaths which bear little resemblance to the excess deaths figure.

"

Or euromomo.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Curious that so many dismiss this story purely on the publisher. This story has been about for a long time, but sadly ignored because it hasn't come from a preferred media source. The mere fact that a question has been asked and dismissed is testament to the narrow minded views of so many.

If this does turn out to be an overly inflated figure, how many will hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong and then question their own way of thinking ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Curious that so many dismiss this story purely on the publisher. This story has been about for a long time, but sadly ignored because it hasn't come from a preferred media source. The mere fact that a question has been asked and dismissed is testament to the narrow minded views of so many.

If this does turn out to be an overly inflated figure, how many will hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong and then question their own way of thinking ? "

Probslly because the paper has history with wanting lockdown to end and denying the seriousness of the disease.

liverpool

"Ultimately we do need an enquiry, after the crisis and before the election. No country in Europe has done especially well but we also seen to have made specific mistakes.

And out of all of them,we most probably have the most accurate reporting system in the world. "

Didnt we not used to include care home deaths?

liverpool

And off course there is the never answered question..if they are distorting the figures to make them look even worse.. to what purpose?

Before anyone says it's because of mask wearing, social distancing and lockdown. How do you explain covid?

Flu has an R0 of 1.3-1.5

Sorry for busting your conspiracy."

An ro of 2.5-3? Source please?

Luton

"Ultimately we do need an enquiry, after the crisis and before the election. No country in Europe has done especially well but we also seen to have made specific mistakes.

And out of all of them,we most probably have the most accurate reporting system in the world.

Didnt we not used to include care home deaths?"

We have always had all "deaths with covid" reported but began with headlines reporting deaths in hospitals because it was expected those would form the bulk of deaths.

When it became clear people were dying in care homes and elsewhere the headline number provided by the gvt changed to "deaths in all settings"

Not here

"Curious that so many dismiss this story purely on the publisher. This story has been about for a long time, but sadly ignored because it hasn't come from a preferred media source. The mere fact that a question has been asked and dismissed is testament to the narrow minded views of so many.

If this does turn out to be an overly inflated figure, how many will hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong and then question their own way of thinking ? "

The UK’s Covid 19 deaths figure and the excess deaths figures are quite similar which would indicate ( to me at least) that the UK’s figures are reasonably accurate but if you look at the link that I provided further up the thread, it would appear that quite a few countries have significantly understated Covid 19 deaths. For example Russia, up to the 31st December 2020, their Covid 19 deaths figure stood at 56K but the excess deaths figure was 368K.

Plus what _naswingdress said."

Bollocks and horse shit? Hahaha look it up

Bollocks and horse shit? Hahaha look it up "

Haha. I stand corrected. Flu deaths in 2020 numbered 379.

Bit of a drop from let's say 2018 where 22000 died of flu related illness.(bad year)

On average its around 10000 a year.

Bit of a steep drop don't you think?

liverpool

Bit of a drop from let's say 2018 where 22000 died of flu related illness.(bad year)

Bit of a steep drop don't you think? "

Probslly something to do with most of the population not leaving the house?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 27/02/21 15:36:32]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Rightly so, as it doesnt give a true representation of the covid cases. I reckon that the real figure is alot lower than it is.

St Neots/Wisbech

If this does turn out to be an overly inflated figure, how many will hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong and then question their own way of thinking ?

The UK’s Covid 19 deaths figure and the excess deaths figures are quite similar which would indicate ( to me at least) that the UK’s figures are reasonably accurate but if you look at the link that I provided further up the thread, it would appear that quite a few countries have significantly understated Covid 19 deaths. For example Russia, up to the 31st December 2020, their Covid 19 deaths figure stood at 56K but the excess deaths figure was 368K."

Honestly, I've seen so many figures that contradict each other it's hard to believe anyone.

There's so much needs to be asked, but mainly why the test cycle was set at 40 when nearly every professional has said its too high to be regarded as accurate. After 32 cycles the validity of the tests reduces by 23%, this has been peer reviewed and cited by the BMJ and the Lancet, but ignored by the government and its scientists.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The figure your quoting for flu is not strictly correct, the numbers the ONS give is similar to that but from January to August..

In the same period 13,600 died from pneumonia and in excess of 46,000 from covid..

in Lancashire

Probslly something to do with most of the population not leaving the house?"

Less social interaction, working from home and social distancing with masks etc all will reduce the normal illnesses that spread via contact..

How does flu spread between people?

Basingstoke

"And off course there is the never answered question..if they are distorting the figures to make them look even worse.. to what purpose?

"

My opinion is that they are not necessarily do it on purpose but by not knowing the real figure for sure they may try to be safe than sorry. And trying to be safe this way might not have the safest outcome. I personally don’t see any particular government so competent to be able to organise such a huge operation on purpose.

But can be lots of reasons if is to look at it that way. For example,One of the biggest problem any country has is who’s going to pay our pension in the future due to low natality. Lots of money that we borrowed are actually from pension funds or investment funds owned by pension funds. It became a lot easier to tax everyone in the future blaming COVID to pay back those money.

Manchester (she/her)

Flu has an R0 of 1.3-1.5

Sorry for busting your conspiracy.

An ro of 2.5-3? Source please?"

Have read it in a reputable source, can't find it immediately.

However, this paper (which I'll cite not link per Fab rules) says 2.2 is too low and it might even be higher, 4.5. Global convergence of COVID-19 basic reproduction number and estimation from early-time SIR dynamics by Gabriel G. Katul, Assaad Mrad, Sara Bonetti, Gabriele Manoli, Anthony J. Parolari, in PLOS One September 2020 (although it may be dated).

A higher R naught (different from Re) means it's more contagious.

Imagine that. A disease is more likely to spread when it's more contagious. I'm shocked.

By *untwolancashireCouple  over a year ago

Preston/Lancaster

"It is indeed true that many other countries have tabulated their death rate very differently than the UK have. Sometime in the future we do need to take account of this.

We need to properly understand everything we did well and everything we did badly. We also need a World Forum for Pandemic Responses that takes account of all of these factors.

Your World View might be that we came 'close' or that it was just a 'blip' in the human experience on Planet Earth.

Either way - if that blip or close shave came at the expense of life, we need to properly understand it."

Probslly something to do with most of the population not leaving the house?"

Ah ok. Obviously it doesn't apply to covid

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Demanding an enquiry to determine whether a small proportion of death certificates may or may not have errors in cause of death? Yes I suppose that is a worthwhile thing to spend the average £10 million on that even a small government enquiry costs.

Or alternatively we could have an enquiry into the decision making errors of the government that have allowed 122,705 deaths to occur and has cost over £300 billion to the economy; we could have an enquiry into the government ministers and their friends that have been embezzling hundreds of millions of pounds by diverting covid relief contracts into their own pockets; we could have an enquiry into the media outlets that have spent the last twelve months peddling covid-denier propaganda, undoubtedly leading to an increase in the death toll and the economic cost; we could have an enquiry into the murderous policy of sending people infected with SARS-cov-2 back into care homes.

But no, it's obviously far more important that we spend millions of pounds looking at the exact words written on death certificates - presumably finding some errors will miraculously bring people back to life?

Call me contrary, but IMHO it is a little more important to investigate the political and criminal actions of the decision makers, than it is to try to place blame upon doctors that have spent the last twelve months keeping people alive.

in the sticks

"Demanding an enquiry to determine whether a small proportion of death certificates may or may not have errors in cause of death? Yes I suppose that is a worthwhile thing to spend the average £10 million on that even a small government enquiry costs.

Or alternatively we could have an enquiry into the decision making errors of the government that have allowed 122,705 deaths to occur and has cost over £300 billion to the economy; we could have an enquiry into the government ministers and their friends that have been embezzling hundreds of millions of pounds by diverting covid relief contracts into their own pockets; we could have an enquiry into the media outlets that have spent the last twelve months peddling covid-denier propaganda, undoubtedly leading to an increase in the death toll and the economic cost; we could have an enquiry into the murderous policy of sending people infected with SARS-cov-2 back into care homes.

But no, it's obviously far more important that we spend millions of pounds looking at the exact words written on death certificates - presumably finding some errors will miraculously bring people back to life?

Call me contrary, but IMHO it is a little more important to investigate the political and criminal actions of the decision makers, than it is to try to place blame upon doctors that have spent the last twelve months keeping people alive."

Agree with alot you have said, but 10 million is nothing compared to what's been pissed up the wall.

Important thing, a small cog as in if the death figures have been fudged then the knock on effects ... its like when they done the 5pm national broadcasting on the deaths, not once did they say the average age of them

liverpool

"Demanding an enquiry to determine whether a small proportion of death certificates may or may not have errors in cause of death? Yes I suppose that is a worthwhile thing to spend the average £10 million on that even a small government enquiry costs.

Call me contrary, but IMHO it is a little more important to investigate the political and criminal actions of the decision makers, than it is to try to place blame upon doctors that have spent the last twelve months keeping people alive."

Spot on

St Neots/Wisbech

I should imagine the death certificates will be part of a more extensive enquiry. It'll also get brushed under the carpet, not made very public and the questions that need answers will be tied up in typical political red tape.

The get out clause will be " we never said died from covid19, we said died where covid19 is mentioned" and the finger will be pointed at the medical profession. These wankers would throw their own kids under a bus to save their reputation.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

A lot of deathes were not related to covid but still got put on death certificates becouse the government told them to do it ..

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"A lot of deathes were not related to covid but still got put on death certificates becouse the government told them to do it .."

Why would the government tell them to do it? And who were they telling?

in Lancashire

"A lot of deathes were not related to covid but still got put on death certificates becouse the government told them to do it .."

Yeah cos the government is so organised it has several thousand people working shifts telling Doctors to break their sworn duty to commit fraud for which they could face disciplinary action..

And in doing so the government makes itself look worse..

Such a cunning plan..

Manchester (she/her)

"A lot of deathes were not related to covid but still got put on death certificates becouse the government told them to do it ..

Yeah cos the government is so organised it has several thousand people working shifts telling Doctors to break their sworn duty to commit fraud for which they could face disciplinary action..

Such a cunning plan.."

Lol

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

Imagine the scenario, I test positive for covid and 3 weeks later get hit by a car and die. According to the government I am included in the daily death toll. That isn't a reflection on how many have died OF covid which I was under the impression the daily death toll was meant to show.

Luton

"A lot of deathes were not related to covid but still got put on death certificates becouse the government told them to do it ..

Such a cunning plan.."

Sounds legit to me....

in Lancashire

Such a cunning plan..

Lol"

It's not even a convincing point for anyone to try to make, much prefer the lizard men acting upon David Icke's instructions..

Manchester (she/her)

Such a cunning plan..

Lol

It's not even a convincing point for anyone to try to make, much prefer the lizard men acting upon David Icke's instructions.."

But it's the truth. It's part of the plandemic. Because reasons.

liverpool

Why?

liverpool

Such a cunning plan.."

Its more cunning than a particular fox who had just graduated with a degree in cunning from oxford university

Basingstoke

Why?"

I don’t know the situation here but in my country of origin doctors, nurses, staff dealing with infected patients are receiving extra money. Also the families of the deceased are receiving financial support. So very difficult to find someone complaining seriously why it’s says Covid on the death certificate. I guess we’ll never find out the real numbers.

liverpool

Why?

I don’t know the situation here but in my country of origin doctors, nurses, staff dealing with infected patients are receiving extra money. Also the families of the deceased are receiving financial support. So very difficult to find someone complaining seriously why it’s says Covid on the death certificate. I guess we’ll never find out the real numbers."

I don't know if that's how it works here tbh but I'm not sure

Still dont understand what the ultimate purpose would be?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Why?

I don’t know the situation here but in my country of origin doctors, nurses, staff dealing with infected patients are receiving extra money. Also the families of the deceased are receiving financial support. So very difficult to find someone complaining seriously why it’s says Covid on the death certificate. I guess we’ll never find out the real numbers."

If in doubt follow the money, it rarely leads you in the wrong direction.

There is also another narrative at play here though - how else does the government justify the damage that has been done over the past 12 months? Inflated death stats not only give validation to their policy’s but help to keep the public (in the main) compliant.

Personally I’ve been calling for greater scrutiny of data for months now and am pleased to see that questions are finally being asked. I would expect that if numbers are eventually recalibrated the true number of Covid deaths will be considerably less.

I’m old enough to remember the 2nd Iraq war and subsequent Chilcot Enquiry. I also remember that the vast majority of people supported military action based on finding WMD’s at the time yet with hindsight claim they knew it was a ridiculous course of action. Fast forward a few years and I expect to see a similar reaction to today’s reality.

Basingstoke

Why?

I don’t know the situation here but in my country of origin doctors, nurses, staff dealing with infected patients are receiving extra money. Also the families of the deceased are receiving financial support. So very difficult to find someone complaining seriously why it’s says Covid on the death certificate. I guess we’ll never find out the real numbers.

Still dont understand what the ultimate purpose would be?"

Perhaps all of a sudden all the governments realised how unprepared the countries were. And it was each of them fault. No ventilators, PPE, no testing, doggy testing etc. I think the governments were honestly afraid to question anything that was coming from the health systems because they were responsible for the mess.Afraid that the population will literally go for them if the situation was to get worse. Basically they were lost and trying to do anything just to keep people calm.

Later on when we realised that it wasn’t as bad as we initially thought guess the governments realised this is manna from the sky and for the first time in history they can spend without limits, no questions asked, steal as much as you can and you will never have to be accountable. For the next few years even the most incompetent government will blame COVID for anything that will fail.

Don’t really know if it was like this but could be one explanation.

in the sticks

Why?

If in doubt follow the money, it rarely leads you in the wrong direction.

There is also another narrative at play here though - how else does the government justify the damage that has been done over the past 12 months? Inflated death stats not only give validation to their policy’s but help to keep the public (in the main) compliant.

Personally I’ve been calling for greater scrutiny of data for months now and am pleased to see that questions are finally being asked. I would expect that if numbers are eventually recalibrated the true number of Covid deaths will be considerably less.

I’m old enough to remember the 2nd Iraq war and subsequent Chilcot Enquiry. I also remember that the vast majority of people supported military action based on finding WMD’s at the time yet with hindsight claim they knew it was a ridiculous course of action. Fast forward a few years and I expect to see a similar reaction to today’s reality. "

Dr Kelly springs to mind, no one ever been charged over his death ...

liverpool

Gmnts always either kick such reports onto the long grass (Levison 2 etc)or just whitewash them.

I suspect the report into how covid was handled will go exactly the same way.

in the sticks

Why?

Perhaps all of a sudden all the governments realised how unprepared the countries were. And it was each of them fault. No ventilators, PPE, no testing, doggy testing etc. I think the governments were honestly afraid to question anything that was coming from the health systems because they were responsible for the mess.Afraid that the population will literally go for them if the situation was to get worse. Basically they were lost and trying to do anything just to keep people calm.

Later on when we realised that it wasn’t as bad as we initially thought guess the governments realised this is manna from the sky and for the first time in history they can spend without limits, no questions asked, steal as much as you can and you will never have to be accountable. For the next few years even the most incompetent government will blame COVID for anything that will fail.

Don’t really know if it was like this but could be one explanation."

Financial crash a testing point? ...

Basingstoke

Why?

Don’t really know if it was like this but could be one explanation."

Btw, I am not pointing the finger just to UK government, situation is more or less similar all around the world.

Basingstoke

Why?

Financial crash a testing point? ... "

Omg , I hope COVID was also the financial crash. Let us breathe. In the and of the day Covid, market crash , world war ...is always the same bunch making the money , have some mercy.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Why?

Omg , I hope COVID was also the financial crash. Let us breathe. In the and of the day Covid, market crash , world war ...is always the same bunch making the money , have some mercy."

Which bunch?

Basingstoke

Why?

Omg , I hope COVID was also the financial crash. Let us breathe. In the and of the day Covid, market crash , world war ...is always the same bunch making the money , have some mercy.

Which bunch?"

The ones that already have.

in the sticks

Why?

Which bunch?"

Who gains .. without being horrible but we are just cannon fodder, look at the last word war, how many major companies grew from it?

Everything is about power and control, lives don't matter, half the world's population could vanish overnight, would they care? ... no

If you're asking who they are ... they won't be down your local pub etc its different groups who have shared interest

North West

Always the same bunch making money - who? Which bunch? More specifics please.

liverpool

"Always the same bunch making money - who? Which bunch? More specifics please."

There is a court case going on now

Googkle the good law project.

It's all on there

in the sticks

"Always the same bunch making money - who? Which bunch? More specifics please."

Who made a lot of money from Waterloo... Google is your friend

North West

"Always the same bunch making money - who? Which bunch? More specifics please.

It's all on there

"

I don't think that comment was specifically related to PPE contracts.

There are some very specific ideas out there about the pandemic being a "front" for a financial crash by "the same bunch". I'd like in black 'n' white what was meant by "the same bunch". I'm confident it doesn't refer to Matt Hancock's former pub landlord, et.al.

liverpool

It's all on there

There are some very specific ideas out there about the pandemic being a "front" for a financial crash by "the same bunch". I'd like in black 'n' white what was meant by "the same bunch". I'm confident it doesn't refer to Matt Hancock's former pub landlord, et.al."

Oh sorry I must have misunderstood.. I thought that what they were referring too?

North West

It's all on there

There are some very specific ideas out there about the pandemic being a "front" for a financial crash by "the same bunch". I'd like in black 'n' white what was meant by "the same bunch". I'm confident it doesn't refer to Matt Hancock's former pub landlord, et.al.

Oh sorry I must have misunderstood.. I thought that what they were referring too?"

I'm unsure, hence waiting for the clarification. The reference to Waterloo suggests it's not pandemic related, unless Wellesley has been interfering from beyond the grave.

liverpool

It's all on there

Oh sorry I must have misunderstood.. I thought that what they were referring too?

I'm unsure, hence waiting for the clarification. The reference to Waterloo suggests it's not pandemic related, unless Wellesley has been interfering from beyond the grave."

I know certain people havemt done too badly out of it..but that's hardly a surprise.

in the sticks

Same bunch who said the pound would be on parity to the dollar with brexit ... think that's on Google as well, oh they done the books with Greece and the eu, that is a great read

North West

It's all on there

I'm unsure, hence waiting for the clarification. The reference to Waterloo suggests it's not pandemic related, unless Wellesley has been interfering from beyond the grave.

I know certain people havemt done too badly out of it..but that's hardly a surprise."

If I'm correct about the reference to Waterloo, I'm waiting for the good old anti-Semitic trope, so beloved of certain members of our little community.

in the sticks

It's all on there

I'm unsure, hence waiting for the clarification. The reference to Waterloo suggests it's not pandemic related, unless Wellesley has been interfering from beyond the grave."

Need to look harder then wellington, unless that's your fetish lol

North West

"Same bunch who said the pound would be on parity to the dollar with brexit ... think that's on Google as well, oh they done the books with Greece and the eu, that is a great read"

If you're going to be anti-Semitic, just go ahead. Name the name(s). You clearly believe in it, so why the reluctance?

in the sticks

"Same bunch who said the pound would be on parity to the dollar with brexit ... think that's on Google as well, oh they done the books with Greece and the eu, that is a great read

If you're going to be anti-Semitic, just go ahead. Name the name(s). You clearly believe in it, so why the reluctance? "

Do your own research, not anti semiotics as far as I know

Inbox is there, no doubt the thread will be shut down as per normal... not your fault mods

North West

"Same bunch who said the pound would be on parity to the dollar with brexit ... think that's on Google as well, oh they done the books with Greece and the eu, that is a great read

If you're going to be anti-Semitic, just go ahead. Name the name(s). You clearly believe in it, so why the reluctance?

Inbox is there, no doubt the thread will be shut down as per normal... not your fault mods "

It's anti Semitic to attribute all of the ills in the world to a single Jewish family. It's a baseless conspiracy theory purported by deluded people like my mother. It's utter bullshit and deeply offensive.

Basingstoke

It's all on there

There are some very specific ideas out there about the pandemic being a "front" for a financial crash by "the same bunch". I'd like in black 'n' white what was meant by "the same bunch". I'm confident it doesn't refer to Matt Hancock's former pub landlord, et.al."

Take it easy, I wasn’t referring to that one. He is too small to count...and too incompetent to be in charge for something like that. And more important is ,I am not saying that they’ve created , I am saying that they are the ones benefiting from the current situation.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Inbox is there, no doubt the thread will be shut down as per normal... not your fault mods

It's anti Semitic to attribute all of the ills in the world to a single Jewish family. It's a baseless conspiracy theory purported by deluded people like my mother. It's utter bullshit and deeply offensive. "

You should have seen the politics forum yesterday another low.

liverpool

It's all on there

Take it easy, I wasn’t referring to that one. He is too small to count...and too incompetent to be in charge for something like that. And more important is ,I am not saying that they’ve created , I am saying that they are the ones benefiting from the current situation. "

Who?

in the sticks

It's anti Semitic to attribute all of the ills in the world to a single Jewish family. It's a baseless conspiracy theory purported by deluded people like my mother. It's utter bullshit and deeply offensive. "

Never said it was down to one family ... hence the euro comment

North West

It's all on there

Take it easy, I wasn’t referring to that one. He is too small to count...and too incompetent to be in charge for something like that. And more important is ,I am not saying that they’ve created , I am saying that they are the ones benefiting from the current situation. "

You might not be, but someone above clearly is.

I'd be interested to know who you think is benefiting as the "same bunch"?

liverpool

It's anti Semitic to attribute all of the ills in the world to a single Jewish family. It's a baseless conspiracy theory purported by deluded people like my mother. It's utter bullshit and deeply offensive.

You should have seen the politics forum yesterday another low. "

Did I miss the anti semitic thread yesterday?

North West

You should have seen the politics forum yesterday another low. "

I stay away from that for various reasons. I'm descended from Jewish immigrants to this country. Those who remained behind perished in that thing that conspiracy theorists say never happened. I have no tolerance for it.

North Bucks

Did I miss the anti semitic thread yesterday?"

Nope a new low standard in behaviour.

North Bucks

I stay away from that for various reasons. I'm descended from Jewish immigrants to this country. Those who remained behind perished in that thing that conspiracy theorists say never happened. I have no tolerance for it."

Also conspiracy theories were a catalyst for it as well as you well know. But people keep perpetuating the same old tired tropes

North West

I stay away from that for various reasons. I'm descended from Jewish immigrants to this country. Those who remained behind perished in that thing that conspiracy theorists say never happened. I have no tolerance for it.

Also conspiracy theories were a catalyst for it as well as you well know. But people keep perpetuating the same old tired tropes "

I'm aware, yes. It absolutely boils my piss

liverpool

Nope a new low standard in behaviour. "

So there is a claim of anti semitism on here and you decide to compare that with something absolutely nothmg to do with anti semtism..on a different section...on.a different day by a different person?

Just try to score some internet points?

Embarrassing

in the sticks

Oh well another tread gone in the morning ...

North Bucks

So there is a claim of anti semitism on here and you decide to compare that with something absolutely nothmg to do with anti semtism..on a different section...on.a different day by a different person?

Embarrassing

"

It’s not embarrassing for me. It’s indicative of behaviour that’s becoming a bit of a concern on the forums. I was talking to another poster not you.

You seem to think everything is about you and you get on the defensive straight away.

North West

"Oh well another tread gone in the morning ... "

Why would it be gone? If your threads regularly disappear, have you stopped to consider why?? Some really batshit crazy stuff goes to 175, so if your threads are often disappearing, I'd have a little think about why

liverpool

Embarrassing

It’s not embarrassing for me. It’s indicative of behaviour that’s becoming a bit of a concern on the forums. I was talking to another poster not you.

You seem to think everything is about you and you get on the defensive straight away.

"

You mentioned a comment that was made yesterday

What was the comment you.were referring too?

Amd how is it relevant to this thread?

North Bucks

Embarrassing

Amd how is it relevant to this thread?"

I was referring to the whole Shamima Begum thread and some of the shameful things directed at her.

I never mentioned a specific comment. You are making things up again.

If I wanted to dig you out for your single comment I would have the balls to have done so.

Have a word.

Basingstoke

It's all on there

Take it easy, I wasn’t referring to that one. He is too small to count...and too incompetent to be in charge for something like that. And more important is ,I am not saying that they’ve created , I am saying that they are the ones benefiting from the current situation.

I'd be interested to know who you think is benefiting as the "same bunch"?"

I don’t care where you are from, but don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t mention anything about Jewish, don’t know what makes you think the others can not profit. Probably some of them are Jewish but many of them don’t think are.

in the sticks

"Oh well another tread gone in the morning ...

Why would it be gone? If your threads regularly disappear, have you stopped to consider why?? Some really batshit crazy stuff goes to 175, so if your threads are often disappearing, I'd have a little think about why "

Quite the opposite, you get a few who want to get it removed, by breaking the form rules ... basically don't understand the word forrun never mind act like adults, quite worrying on a swingers site imho

liverpool

Embarrassing

I was referring to the whole Shamima Begum thread and some of the shameful things directed at her.

If I wanted to dig you out for your single comment I would have the balls to have done so.

Have a word. "

Woah

You never once mentioned anything yesterday..I was the one saying what was being said was out of order

You said absolutely nothing yesterday

When I made my sexist comment you were straight in calling it abhorrent.

North West

It's all on there

I don’t care where you are from, but don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t mention anything about Jewish, don’t know what makes you think the others can not profit. Probably some of them are Jewish but many of them don’t think are. "

I asked the question to clarify who exactly "the same bunch" are. Another poster added a contribution that I'd wholly expected.

I simply wanted to understand who was being meant by the same bunch. I'll be honest and say I'm still not clear, but never mind.

North Bucks

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

You never once mentioned anything yesterday..I was the one saying what was being said was out of order

"

I challenged your sexism yesterday as it was the first comment I came across live time. I can’t believe I’m having to even explain this in a thread to you. I wouldn’t have even brought your comment up.

I didn’t challenge the thread for the simple reason it was about 90% shit posting. And I feel real jaded by such Shittiness. Nobody needs to explain themselves to you.

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

Looks more like the Tories trying to rewrite history; again!

By *earded_kent_GentMan  over a year ago

ashford

I personally know of 3 People who sadly passed in the last year, NONE of which died because of covid but the original death certs said covid.

Thankfully all 3 of those were contested and subsequently changed. But the mere fact they were registered as covid to begin with is outrageous.

A full enquiry id definitely needed, not that it will change anything. No one will be held accountable, which is just as bad.

North West

"I personally know of 3 People who sadly passed in the last year, NONE of which died because of covid but the original death certs said covid.

Thankfully all 3 of those were contested and subsequently changed. But the mere fact they were registered as covid to begin with is outrageous.

A full enquiry id definitely needed, not that it will change anything. No one will be held accountable, which is just as bad. "

I know two people who died OF Covid, not with. But the wife and daughter of these people is a Covid denier so clearly she's convinced otherwise. If she has the audacity to contest my Grandad's death certificate and cause any further distress for our family, I don't know that I can cope.

liverpool

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

I challenged your sexism yesterday as it was the first comment I came across live time. I can’t believe I’m having to even explain this in a thread to you. I wouldn’t have even brought your comment up.

I didn’t challenge the thread for the simple reason it was about 90% shit posting. And I feel real jaded by such Shittiness. Nobody needs to explain themselves to you.

"

Ha ha ha

So even though you were disgusted at the crap she was getting you didnt say nothing?

I said she was getting ripped in the papers and got slated and still not a peep from you?

And today you decide to bring it up in a totally different thread?

You know what you meant and you have been called out

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"The question is ,are the excess deaths due to COVID or due to the Lockdown? Or better say how many of each? In the first lockdown a quarter of COVID deaths were people with dementia and Alzheimer. Lot’s of others had heart attacks. Was it because Covid or because they were afraid to seek help? Strangely enough there were less people dying from other illnesses than the previous years. Let’s not forget that during lockdown lots of elderly shielding by themselves were literally bombarded by BBC with COVID coverage. They are less likely to to watch movies or to spend time online like the younger generation. And unfortunately other than news and an odd program here and there, isn’t anything to watch on the TV for the very elderly. I can imagine how much mental strain was on those people. So much worry would give a heart attack to a healthy person let alone a frail one. Dementia is also a condition which takes its toll very quickly if the person doesn’t have access to constant mental engagement. "

I agree

North Bucks

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

So even though you were disgusted at the crap she was getting you didnt say nothing?

I said she was getting ripped in the papers and got slated and still not a peep from you?

"

Why do I need to back you up in a thread. Your ego is off the chain.

The whole thread was shitty I said I hoped there wouldn’t be a part 3.

Call me out all you want. I didn’t mention your casual sexism you shot yourself in the foot on that one.

Don’t bother interacting with me mate. You make things up that are not there and expect things from people which is a bit weird.

liverpool

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

Call me out all you want. I didn’t mention your casual sexism you shot yourself in the foot on that one.

Don’t bother interacting with me mate. You make things up that are not there and expect things from people which is a bit weird.

"

Fine with me.

I've proved my point

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

"

North West

The ONS are monitoring both the "direct" Covid deaths, plus the excess deaths as a general consequence of the pandemic, such as people seeking emergency treatment too late or missing out on diagnostic tests etc. There's definitely more deaths as a consequence of the pandemic than just people actually Covid positive dying within 28 days of a positive test.

North Bucks

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

"

Even now he’s proving a non existent point while outing himself as a sexist?

I just don’t get it.

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

I just don’t get it. "

Maybe neither does he.

Off now, goodnight.

liverpool

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

I just don’t get it. "

Dont bother interacting yet you are just digging deeper.

You completely denied your post was about my sexist yet who have just contracted yourself by bringing it up.

Like I said

Embarrassing

liverpool

Embarrassing

Have a word.

Woah

Ha ha ha

I just don’t get it.

Maybe neither does he.

Off now, goodnight."

Is there an ignore button.

Basingstoke

It's all on there

I don’t care where you are from, but don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t mention anything about Jewish, don’t know what makes you think the others can not profit. Probably some of them are Jewish but many of them don’t think are.

I asked the question to clarify who exactly "the same bunch" are. Another poster added a contribution that I'd wholly expected.

I simply wanted to understand who was being meant by the same bunch. I'll be honest and say I'm still not clear, but never mind."

Check who became more rich after every market crash, they’re usually the ones that had lots of money before the crash. I don’t think is any secret that whoever has lots of money in a situation like this usually will have even more after. Unless you are a billionaire I don’t know any one who’s not complaining that the very rich are getting richer.

liverpool

It's all on there

I simply wanted to understand who was being meant by the same bunch. I'll be honest and say I'm still not clear, but never mind.

Check who became more rich after every market crash, they’re usually the ones that had lots of money before the crash. I don’t think is any secret that whoever has lots of money in a situation like this usually will have even more after. Unless you are a billionaire I don’t know any one who’s not complaining that the very rich are getting richer."

That's the way capitalism works I'm afraid..especially under this lot

The rich get richer and the poor get screwed.

That's the game.. no big conspiracy.

North West

It's all on there

Check who became more rich after every market crash, they’re usually the ones that had lots of money before the crash. I don’t think is any secret that whoever has lots of money in a situation like this usually will have even more after. Unless you are a billionaire I don’t know any one who’s not complaining that the very rich are getting richer."

I wasn't a billionaire last time I checked, no. Thank you for clarifying

Manchester (she/her)

Christ almighty.

Pun not intended

North West

"Christ almighty.

Pun not intended "

Welcome

Basingstoke

It's all on there

Check who became more rich after every market crash, they’re usually the ones that had lots of money before the crash. I don’t think is any secret that whoever has lots of money in a situation like this usually will have even more after. Unless you are a billionaire I don’t know any one who’s not complaining that the very rich are getting richer.

That's the way capitalism works I'm afraid..especially under this lot

The rich get richer and the poor get screwed.

That's the game.. no big conspiracy."

That’s how capitalism works, totally agree. But that’s why you have a government, to make sure everyone plays the part in the game. When one has more money than whole countries and millions of people working for him can’t make enough to leave...then something doesn’t work.

I don’t believe in conspiracies. But I believe in corrupt or incompetent governments that can not or don’t want to stand for their people.

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Why do they include deaths within 24 days of positive covid test in figures. They could have died in a car crash. And nothing to do with contracting covid. Wonder what the true number of actual covid deaths are?

To be fair there are a lot of different metrics used between countries but by far the most valuable metric is the figure for excess deaths over the pandemic period.... unfortunately we don’t come out looking good on that figure as well.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"

Many countries do the same.

It’s an important way of recording things and helps with identifying co-morbidities.

The fact that many people don’t understand how they are laid out isn’t a reason to change them.

Coventry

"Why do they include deaths within 24 days of positive covid test in figures. They could have died in a car crash. And nothing to do with contracting covid. Wonder what the true number of actual covid deaths are? "

Because it’s standard procedure to do that.

If you die in a car crash, but have had diabetes for 20 years it’ll be noted. If I get hit by a bus my death certificate will note that I have had asthma for 30+ years and have narcolepsy.

I

Manchester (she/her)

Many countries do the same.

It’s an important way of recording things and helps with identifying co-morbidities.

The fact that many people don’t understand how they are laid out isn’t a reason to change them. "

But it's a fun conspiracy theory, isn't it?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Oh dear, oh dear.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Why do they include deaths within 24 days of positive covid test in figures. They could have died in a car crash. And nothing to do with contracting covid. Wonder what the true number of actual covid deaths are? "

I think they are still pretty high

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Why do they include deaths within 24 days of positive covid test in figures. They could have died in a car crash. And nothing to do with contracting covid. Wonder what the true number of actual covid deaths are?

If you die in a car crash, but have had diabetes for 20 years it’ll be noted. If I get hit by a bus my death certificate will note that I have had asthma for 30+ years and have narcolepsy.

I"

so the figures of actual deaths from covid could be hugely exaggerated if you took away say old age, traffic accidents and the like. Wht can't they just give us accurate actual covid deaths?

The death rate of 2020 was 10.2 people per 1000, which is still equal to the years 2000-2003.

It can be misleading, the term 'died with covid'is alittle misleading, nearly all people die with two feet, it doesn't mean that two feet was causation of they dying.......

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Did Captain Tom die of Covid19, pneumonia or old age ? Does it matter ?

No you are right, that is the point, you can put whatever you want on the certificate.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

And when the statistics are produced, the numbers of deaths that were due to cancer, heart disease, alzheimer's etc will of dramatically fallen.

I really don't think the overall death total will be significantly higher than other years when everything is taken into account.

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"One thing we've discovered, or at least I have discovered, is that different countries sometimes record deaths very differently.

"

very interesting data in the Economist article, some areas appear to have a slightly worse death toll and others better than their covid data would suggest. However as pointed out earlier, excess deaths are just that and may have been a consequence of the pandemic anyway eg due to inaccessabikity of medical care or unwillingness to seek it because of the risk of covid infection be it real or otherwise.

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"And when the statistics are produced, the numbers of deaths that were due to cancer, heart disease, alzheimer's etc will of dramatically fallen.

I really don't think the overall death total will be significantly higher than other years when everything is taken into account."

The data an the Economist article that someone linked suggest otherwise

Not here

"And when the statistics are produced, the numbers of deaths that were due to cancer, heart disease, alzheimer's etc will of dramatically fallen.

I really don't think the overall death total will be significantly higher than other years when everything is taken into account."

For England and Wales, they were 77K higher in 2020 than in 2019.

The ONS website, on a weekly basis, shows the number of deaths due to Covid-19 ( where it is the underlying cause of death) and also deaths involving Covid-19, ie where there is any mention of it on the death certificate. The figures are there for all to see.

in Lancashire

Last year was the highest death rate since the end of world war two UK wise, some 86,000 over..

ONS ..

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

So I haven't read the thread.

I did read the start of it and don't really understand the point.

I know what my mum died of last year, changing what it says on death certificate isn't going to make her any less dead.

Enlightenment me as briefly as possible why it's so important?

From a non political standpoint without any axe to grind with the conservative government.

"So I haven't read the thread.

I know what my mum died of last year, changing what it says on death certificate isn't going to make her any less dead.

From a non political standpoint without any axe to grind with the conservative government."

To the individual or family it's

mostly or ultimately irrelevant what's put on the certificate, still the same outcome. However when any goverment or body is looking at the figures and the category they have been placed in it does matter, action or reaction is based upon those figures (this is how it should be done anyway!), if we took my trivial statement of died with two feet and the goverment ordered everyone to have their feet removed, but everyone was dying of heart attacks it wouldn't help lower deaths or anything else, it does matter what is put down on a certificate.

Lancashire

From a non political standpoint without any axe to grind with the conservative government."

1 - Proportionality

2 - Necessity

3 - Collateral Damage

If it turns out that the true figures have been inflated, or used to mask other failings then the ‘contract’ we have with the government regarding lockdown is nothing but a sham. As I pointed out earlier - think Iraq and WMD’s.

in Lancashire

From a non political standpoint without any axe to grind with the conservative government.

1 - Proportionality

2 - Necessity

3 - Collateral Damage

If it turns out that the true figures have been inflated, or used to mask other failings then the ‘contract’ we have with the government regarding lockdown is nothing but a sham. As I pointed out earlier - think Iraq and WMD’s. "

They all in my lifetime have played about with figures and stats, not once di I recall any government inflating/reducing the numbers to make themselves look bad, incompetent or failing in a crisis..

The position being put by some that the government has inflated the covid death rate is simply not logical and doesn't bear scrutiny as to why with the economic effects, increased mental health issues and cancelled procedures and diagnosis..

The ONS give higher figures than the daily number, in New York it looks like Cuomo has grossly under reported the numbers and we have seen other nations doing the same which is more to be expected than the 'theory' that our government are saying look how bad we are doing..

1 - Proportionality

2 - Necessity

3 - Collateral Damage

If it turns out that the true figures have been inflated, or used to mask other failings then the ‘contract’ we have with the government regarding lockdown is nothing but a sham. As I pointed out earlier - think Iraq and WMD’s. "

Lancashire

1 - Proportionality

2 - Necessity

3 - Collateral Damage

If it turns out that the true figures have been inflated, or used to mask other failings then the ‘contract’ we have with the government regarding lockdown is nothing but a sham. As I pointed out earlier - think Iraq and WMD’s.

They all in my lifetime have played about with figures and stats, not once di I recall any government inflating/reducing the numbers to make themselves look bad, incompetent or failing in a crisis..

The position being put by some that the government has inflated the covid death rate is simply not logical and doesn't bear scrutiny as to why with the economic effects, increased mental health issues and cancelled procedures and diagnosis..

The ONS give higher figures than the daily number, in New York it looks like Cuomo has grossly under reported the numbers and we have seen other nations doing the same which is more to be expected than the 'theory' that our government are saying look how bad we are doing.."

I’ll agree that it doesn’t make much sense, but how many times in all your lifetime have schools been closed, workforce’s paid to sit at home, shops been closed, the hospitality and travel industry shut down etc? We’re all living a life that makes no sense right now!

You may think it doesn’t bear scrutiny, others will disagree. That we’ve reached a point where questioning and doubting information is now considered taboo or conspiratorial should send a chill up everyone’s spine.

in Lancashire

1 - Proportionality

2 - Necessity

3 - Collateral Damage

The ONS give higher figures than the daily number, in New York it looks like Cuomo has grossly under reported the numbers and we have seen other nations doing the same which is more to be expected than the 'theory' that our government are saying look how bad we are doing..

I’ll agree that it doesn’t make much sense, but how many times in all your lifetime have schools been closed, workforce’s paid to sit at home, shops been closed, the hospitality and travel industry shut down etc? We’re all living a life that makes no sense right now!

You may think it doesn’t bear scrutiny, others will disagree. That we’ve reached a point where questioning and doubting information is now considered taboo or conspiratorial should send a chill up everyone’s spine. "

It's the first time we've lived through a global pandemic, there was a plan but that was largely ignored after Operation Cygnus gave it's recommendations etc so it's been on the hoof..

Bit surprised that you've totally misinterpreted what I've actually said in relation to scrutiny but hey ho..

What I will say in response to your perception that it's become taboo to question information is that it's not, nor should it be if the information is reliable and verifiably so..

And no one I can recall on here has said it shouldn't be..

When it's within the countless swathes of the disinformation agenda by whomever then it's treated accordingly and not swallowed up and regurgitated by many who can't be arsed to look at it logically or are intent on profiting from said..

It was said a few months ago that if you had a positive test and recovered, then died, say, six months later, totally clear of covid, that the cause of death was going down as covid. They've fucked up big time and are using this to try and control us now

Manchester (she/her)

"It was said a few months ago that if you had a positive test and recovered, then died, say, six months later, totally clear of covid, that the cause of death was going down as covid. They've fucked up big time and are using this to try and control us now "

I had a relative die of organ failure. On his death certificate they included his totally controlled type 2 diabetes.

Is that a conspiracy, or is it just how death certificates are written?

in Lancashire

"It was said a few months ago that if you had a positive test and recovered, then died, say, six months later, totally clear of covid, that the cause of death was going down as covid. They've fucked up big time and are using this to try and control us now "

Why and whom want to 'control us'?

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Said" by who?

Simple question, why would any government overstate the extent of a national crisis and give the impression it's something they have little control over?

Manchester (she/her)

"It was said a few months ago that if you had a positive test and recovered, then died, say, six months later, totally clear of covid, that the cause of death was going down as covid. They've fucked up big time and are using this to try and control us now

Why and whom want to 'control us'?"

I hope it's not a Covid consortium or British government... Because my relative died in Australia over five years ago.

in Lancashire

"It was said a few months ago that if you had a positive test and recovered, then died, say, six months later, totally clear of covid, that the cause of death was going down as covid. They've fucked up big time and are using this to try and control us now

I hope it's not a Covid consortium or British government... Because my relative died in Australia over five years ago."

It beggars belief that countries can all come together in some effort to coordinate something when history and the present shows the reality is different..

By *ick_and_BickerCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Curious to know how many of you understand the complexities of a Crem 4?

Have a Google of a sample.

Manchester (she/her)

I hope it's not a Covid consortium or British government... Because my relative died in Australia over five years ago.

It beggars belief that countries can all come together in some effort to coordinate something when history and the present shows the reality is different.."

Conspiracy!

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"And off course there is the never answered question..if they are distorting the figures to make them look even worse.. to what purpose?

Maybe with a view to putting all flu deaths down as Covid-19 deaths for next year and the year after.

"

Coventry

"Why do they include deaths within 24 days of positive covid test in figures. They could have died in a car crash. And nothing to do with contracting covid. Wonder what the true number of actual covid deaths are?

Iso the figures of actual deaths from covid could be hugely exaggerated if you took away say old age, traffic accidents and the like. Wht can't they just give us accurate actual covid deaths? "

No. The figures are out there for both people who died of covid (Covid listed as the primary cause of death) and the people who died with covid but with a different primary cause.

The number of excess deaths compared to other years shows that the number of deaths from covid is not being over reported.

Coventry

Said by who?

Goooole daily mail headline covid death certificates.

Yes it's happened. Thousands and thousands will have been labled as covid deaths when it all comes out.

I can't remember where I read it but about 3 or 4 months ago there was a survey of undertakers in the UK taken.

The result was "no busier than most years"

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

The only figure that cannot be said is fake is the amount of people who have died.

And a lot more people have died than the average 5 yearly figure, so it doesn't matter if you think this person has died of covid or that person didnt. The true fact is a lot more people have died than normally do.

And that was even with lockdown which significantly reduced road traffic deaths due to reduction of road traffic.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"The only figure that cannot be said is fake is the amount of people who have died.

And a lot more people have died than the average 5 yearly figure, so it doesn't matter if you think this person has died of covid or that person didnt. The true fact is a lot more people have died than normally do.

And that was even with lockdown which significantly reduced road traffic deaths due to reduction of road traffic. "

Totally agree with you, for some reason people try to downplay Covid deaths. What we do know, as an indisputable fact is that the death rate since March 2020 is more than 15% higher than it has been in the last 5 years.

Maybe Covid deniers could explain what else is causing these deaths?

"The only figure that cannot be said is fake is the amount of people who have died.

And that was even with lockdown which significantly reduced road traffic deaths due to reduction of road traffic. "

Go back a few years earlier and there are still less people dying. Why stop at five years?

According to statista.

In 2019 there were 604,707 deaths.

In 2020 there were 695,812 deaths.

That's 91,105.

So how many of those were due to untreated conditions? How many were suicides (which have gone through the roof over lockdown)

How many were labled covid when they shouldn't.

There's no denying covid IS a thing. And a bad thing at that.

I can't help but wonder if the figure of covid deaths is skewed by false death certificates and missed treatments.

I've lost 3 family members to covid. All three were in pretty poor health and would have like succumbed to a bad flu as well.

North West

"Goooole daily mail headline covid death certificates.

Yes it's happened. Thousands and thousands will have been labled as covid deaths when it all comes out.

I can't remember where I read it but about 3 or 4 months ago there was a survey of undertakers in the UK taken.

The result was "no busier than most years" "

This is false.

"The National Association of Funeral Directors told Reuters that Britain’s funeral directors arranged around 90,000 more funerals in 2020 than in recent years, with 30% more funerals taking place in January and February 2021 compared to normal.

Reuters also spoke to British funeral directors individually. Poppy’s Funerals reported that they were 30% busier than normal in May 2020 (here) and London-based W. Uden & Sons said in February 2021 that they were arranging 15 or 16 funerals a day, compared with 10 per day in previous winters"

Source: Reuters.

Title of article: "Fact check: Video asking "25 questions about the pandemic" repeats misinformation"

Date: 10th February 2021

This is false.

"The National Association of Funeral Directors told Reuters that Britain’s funeral directors arranged around 90,000 more funerals in 2020 than in recent years, with 30% more funerals taking place in January and February 2021 compared to normal.

Reuters also spoke to British funeral directors individually. Poppy’s Funerals reported that they were 30% busier than normal in May 2020 (here) and London-based W. Uden & Sons said in February 2021 that they were arranging 15 or 16 funerals a day, compared with 10 per day in previous winters"

Title of article: "Fact check: Video asking "25 questions about the pandemic" repeats misinformation"

Date: 10th February 2021"

The only true measure independent of total population number( which increases each year) is rate of death per thousand.

The quoted funeral directors is to be fair anecdotal, I don't believe that it isn't true, however using that as an example would mean an approximate increase of death of 50%. What is 'recent'? If we said the year 2000 onwards, then you couldn't claim that the death rate was any higher than several years this current century. You can say there are more deaths, but then there are more people in the country.

North West

This is false.

The only true measure independent of total population number( which increases each year) is rate of death per thousand.

The quoted funeral directors is to be fair anecdotal, I don't believe that it isn't true, however using that as an example would mean an approximate increase of death of 50%. What is 'recent'? If we said the year 2000 onwards, then you couldn't claim that the death rate was any higher than several years this current century. You can say there are more deaths, but then there are more people in the country. "

The death rate in 2020 was vastly higher than the five year average. This has already been stated on this thread and many others. A lot more people died in 2020 than would be expected. The logical explanation is that is either directly or indirectly due to the pandemic disease circulating. Other countries around the world have the same situation.

Basingstoke

Let’s not forget that the hospitals were empty for the whole year, except COVID departments. I guess they were not empty because suddenly no one was sick. If you leave people untreated for so long what do you expect to happen with the death rate?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

This is false.

The quoted funeral directors is to be fair anecdotal, I don't believe that it isn't true, however using that as an example would mean an approximate increase of death of 50%. What is 'recent'? If we said the year 2000 onwards, then you couldn't claim that the death rate was any higher than several years this current century. You can say there are more deaths, but then there are more people in the country.

The death rate in 2020 was vastly higher than the five year average. This has already been stated on this thread and many others. A lot more people died in 2020 than would be expected. The logical explanation is that is either directly or indirectly due to the pandemic disease circulating. Other countries around the world have the same situation."

soon after start of covid this was on radio, statistics expert said you need five years of figures really, for example not as many as normal died of flu in 2019 winter, making easy pickings for any flu/virus in 2020, so that would have given a bump anyway... however there were also people complaining their loved ones had NOT died of covid but were just lumped in with other care home residents.... but over the longer period the graph will give a more accurate picture as anomalies are smoothed out and it will be clear how many more really died due to covid

North West

"Let’s not forget that the hospitals were empty for the whole year, except COVID departments. I guess they were not empty because suddenly no one was sick. If you leave people untreated for so long what do you expect to happen with the death rate? "

At one point in January 2021, over 4500 people were admitted to hospital each day with Covid related illness. The "low" was 77 people in a day in late August 2020. Hospitals were not empty. I have had the misfortune of visiting a Covid ward twice. Once to say my last goodbyes to my Grandad through a ton of PPE and the second time to identify his body and to retrieve his watch, wallet and a pamphlet about bereavement in the Covid era. I can assure you that the hospital was not empty. His ward was completely full as was the ICU unit my stepfather died on a week later (also Covid). Ambulances came and went at an alarming rate on the occasions I was there, as I sat in the car, paying my parking etc.

All the videos of "empty" hospitals have been taken by incredibly stupid and irresponsible people who cannot fathom that yes, corridors are quieter because there are few visitors allowed. Filming in outpatient clinics is clearly ridiculous when the majority of clinics are running online.

In the pandemic, I have attended face to face appointments in relation to gynaecology, including recently in January. My husband had an outpatient appointment relating to a neck lump on the 2wk cancer referral pathway. We have both had surgery in August and November 2020 relating to these issues. Hospitals are working as best they can. They are not empty and to suggest so is not only ridiculous but also insulting to the staff who have worked every hour God sends, leave cancelled etc.

Manchester (she/her)

"Let’s not forget that the hospitals were empty for the whole year, except COVID departments. I guess they were not empty because suddenly no one was sick. If you leave people untreated for so long what do you expect to happen with the death rate? "

You mean "Covid deniers filming the in hospital Smiths or outpatient sections at the weekend and claiming that there's no crisis in the NHS?"

By *rummie_jamaicanMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

This is false.

The death rate in 2020 was vastly higher than the five year average. This has already been stated on this thread and many others. A lot more people died in 2020 than would be expected. The logical explanation is that is either directly or indirectly due to the pandemic disease circulating. Other countries around the world have the same situation.

soon after start of covid this was on radio, statistics expert said you need five years of figures really, for example not as many as normal died of flu in 2019 winter, making easy pickings for any flu/virus in 2020, so that would have given a bump anyway... however there were also people complaining their loved ones had NOT died of covid but were just lumped in with other care home residents.... but over the longer period the graph will give a more accurate picture as anomalies are smoothed out and it will be clear how many more really died due to covid "

How would any layman know definitively what a love one died from? If your relative was admitted for - say diabetes - and died three weeks later. Doctor said they died of covid after testing positive. On what basis do you challenge the doctor?

Please educate me

Manchester (she/her)

I think the fringe have seen an opportunity to grift and are running with it

in Lancashire

My mates mate knows this bloke who says..

This is false.

The death rate in 2020 was vastly higher than the five year average. This has already been stated on this thread and many others. A lot more people died in 2020 than would be expected. The logical explanation is that is either directly or indirectly due to the pandemic disease circulating. Other countries around the world have the same situation."

The death rate per thousand in 2018 was 9.3, in 2020 it was 10.2 per thousand. The numbers will always increase simply because the total amount of people in the UK go up each year, even if the death rate stays exactly the same.

Anyone and everyone can argue the deaths due/ with covid, but you can't argue with the death rate. You can say the number of deaths has gone up, which I would agree with you.

To put a spin on it, when we have seen a 0.9 increase in the death rate should this all happen again?

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

If you go in to hospital with a broken hip and contract pneumonia whilst in there and die, it goes down as pneumonia on the death certificate.

Not sure I agree with the “within 28 days of a positive test” rule for the statistics, but there has to be some way of tallying Covid related deaths and it’s proven that it’s typically 2 weeks after contracting Covid that hospital treatment is required for those in difficulty.

The line has to be drawn somewhere and it’s fair to say in the majority of cases if the person hadn’t contracted Covid then they potentially wouldn’t have died at that point in time.