FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Several European countries are now introducing exemptions for travellers

Several European countries are now introducing exemptions for travellers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

By way of Digital App - currently there are two:the Saturn Pass & The Commons Project.

"Several European countries are now introducing exemptions for travellers who hold a vaccine certificate. With tourism taking such a colossal hit from the pandemic, governments are keen to get their economies moving again and they see a vaccine passport as the way to do it.

Poland is allowing visitors who have a vaccine certificate to enter the country without restrictions.

Denmark is developing a digital vaccine passport so citizens can prove they have had the jab.

Estonia is creating e-vaccination certificates known as a "smart yellow card."

Iceland is to start issuing digital "vaccination certificates" to citizens who have received two vaccine shots. Arrivals presenting an approved digital or paper vaccination certificate in Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish or English can also enter the country without screening.

Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Portugal and Belgium support vaccine passports from travellers allowing them to visit the country without restrictions.

Greece is also issuing digital vaccination certificates to each person vaccinated against COVID-19.

Italy and the UK are considering issuing some sort of vaccination certificate."

It's interesting to read that while some countries won't stop people travelling - proof of negativity at the border will be demanded and or 7 day quarantine.

Search a snippet of the text to find the whole story.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Wow look at all those sovereign decisions being made by different members states in the EU! Anyone would think the Brexit Sovereignty argument was a lie!

Except for the fact that this is about Holiday Traffic NOT migration and settlement.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

With all the arguments for and against and so called loss of liberty if the UK introduces a vaccine passport, it's pretty clear that if you want to travel you will need proof of vaccination.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"With all the arguments for and against and so called loss of liberty if the UK introduces a vaccine passport, it's pretty clear that if you want to travel you will need proof of vaccination. "

I think that's a good thing

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think the UK government should hurry up and forge agreements with EU countries, as a minimum, so that the travel industry can start to recover and people gain some ease and safeguards for travel. It's not the only thing to do for travel and health but starting earlier is likely to be most effective and ensures agreement

"I think the UK government should hurry up and forge agreements with EU countries, as a minimum, so that the travel industry can start to recover and people gain some ease and safeguards for travel. It's not the only thing to do for travel and health but starting earlier is likely to be most effective and ensures agreement "

I read the other day that they are already in talks with Greece to forge a framework.

Brighton

"Except for the fact that this is about Holiday Traffic NOT migration and settlement. "

Doesn’t change the fact that they are making sovereign decisions

"Except for the fact that this is about Holiday Traffic NOT migration and settlement.

Doesn’t change the fact that they are making sovereign decisions "

For tourism, they do that every day. Always have. When they make one that is not EU policy the EU asks them to explain why within 10 days.

chelmsford

Spain have said they will still accept a negative PCR test, until they sort the passport/ certificate out.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Except for the fact that this is about Holiday Traffic NOT migration and settlement.

Every nation in Europe is in fact sovereign, there are some common rules of course , but they usually are sensibile and decided together in parliament with al the other states. I totally agree with what u said before tho, the argument on sovereignty was definitely made to seem like Brussels is decided everything for us... big reveal, they don’t. Lol

so is this not a case of we are in effect going to be penalised because our govt havent provided us with something we can use as evidence?

even if we don’t require it to be used in the UK, we are going to need to be able to prove we have been vaccinated , other EU countries will just put the ask in place - they can’t be the ones to give us the proof

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

At the moment only about 500,000

Would get a vaccine passport anyway. I would guess you would need both shots. And gose this not disadvantage younger people.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I saw someone getting called out on another thread for even considering travel when it came to vaccine consideration. It’s one of my primary considerations as well so I would get a vaccine passport if needed

"so is this not a case of we are in effect going to be penalised because our govt havent provided us with something we can use as evidence?

even if we don’t require it to be used in the UK, we are going to need to be able to prove we have been vaccinated , other EU countries will just put the ask in place - they can’t be the ones to give us the proof "

"Italy and the UK are considering issuing some sort of vaccination certificate."

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Sky News that there would be a review published on 12 April

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-holiday-starved-britons-flock-to-book-a-break-after-lockdown-exit-plans-revealed-12226330

"At the moment only about 500,000

Would get a vaccine passport anyway. I would guess you would need both shots. And gose this not disadvantage younger people. "

true but things like this the admin of setting up takes ages - we can’t wait til everyone has had their jabs and then start to think about it - unless thats the genuine strategy to delay international travel and keep risk of variants low which in itself is fine - but i would prefer if they were honest and said so or just closed the border to stop international travel rather than doing it in an underhand way

"I saw someone getting called out on another thread for even considering travel when it came to vaccine consideration. It’s one of my primary considerations as well so I would get a vaccine passport if needed

"

i don’t think they were called out , they were just told if thats the only reason you would get vaccinated it is selfish - thats just a factual statement - they would only get the vaccine to avoid detriment to themselves is the definition of selfish

personally i dont care if its an altruistic or selfish reason that people get the vaccine , as long as we are having them it reaches the same objective

North Bucks

"I saw someone getting called out on another thread for even considering travel when it came to vaccine consideration. It’s one of my primary considerations as well so I would get a vaccine passport if needed

i don’t think they were called out , they were just told if thats the only reason you would get vaccinated it is selfish - thats just a factual statement - they would only get the vaccine to avoid detriment to themselves is the definition of selfish

personally i dont care if its an altruistic or selfish reason that people get the vaccine , as long as we are having them it reaches the same objective "

I think we may be talking about different posts.

personally i dont care if its an altruistic or selfish reason that people get the vaccine , as long as we are having them it reaches the same objective

I think we may be talking about different posts. "

possibly

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"

And how would you do that at 41 it could be 8 weeks till you get the first jab then 12 weeks to the second one

North Bucks

And how would you do that at 41 it could be 8 weeks till you get the first jab then 12 weeks to the second one "

Well pretty simple really if it came in I would have to wait my turn to be vaccinated.

And if I needed to absolutely travel in the interim I would have to abide by the current regulations such as quarantine etc.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

While it will be the case for many, I don't believe that every single person who got the covid vaccine will successfully develop antibodies... due to variation in how strong their immune systems are.

Case in point is taken from another thread in this forum....a study showed that in the elderly, only 34.9% of those who received a single dose had antibodies at 4 weeks.

So is it safe to have people roaming about thinking they have antibodies just because they have a vaccine passport when they may actually not have any immunity and can still therefore spread infection?

Should we not be testing antibody titres before using any sort of green pass?

"While it will be the case for many, I don't believe that every single person who got the covid vaccine will successfully develop antibodies... due to variation in how strong their immune systems are.

Case in point is taken from another thread in this forum....a study showed that in the elderly, only 34.9% of those who received a single dose had antibodies at 4 weeks.

So is it safe to have people roaming about thinking they have antibodies just because they have a vaccine passport when they may actually not have any immunity and can still therefore spread infection?

"

i dont think you can penalise people because their body doesnt generate antibodies - and thats what that teat would in effect do

all we can do is ask them to do everything they possibly can to try get those antibodies which is take both vaccines where they are medically able

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

France and Germany will not issue any passports, I guess same UK. If those three are not doing it then the rest of Europe is just trying to piss against the wind. Greece, Spain, Italy are heavily relying on tourism. They will change their minds quickly.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I don't see any difference between paying my G.p £20 for a letter confirming covid vaccinations and paying for a specific 'vaccine passport'.

Seems like the whole vaccine passport is just speculation and potentially another colossal waste of time and money

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Listen...It's not going to be a problem.

The UK tourism board will be considerably boosted by all the anti-vaxxers who won't take the vaccine and therefore limited to any foreign travel.

So, it'll be a stay-at-home for all of them.

AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THEN YOU'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING.

They will be screaming and hollering for the vaccine now.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"While it will be the case for many, I don't believe that every single person who got the covid vaccine will successfully develop antibodies... due to variation in how strong their immune systems are.

i dont think you can penalise people because their body doesnt generate antibodies - and thats what that teat would in effect do

all we can do is ask them to do everything they possibly can to try get those antibodies which is take both vaccines where they are medically able "

Hmm I guess that doesn't swing it for me being a scientist and preferring to see evidence before getting all excited that our nation is protected by a piece of paper.

Im not for a moment advocating that anyone who has a substandard immune response be penalized, just as I don't believe anyone unvaccinated should be penalized, esp if they are healthy and not in a vulnerable, at risk category. The priority has to be vaccinating the vulnerable but we should also acknowledge that everything is not black and white esp given that it's not always the case that immunisation =immunity.

Like its unfair to assume some one who acquired antibodies through natural infection should be required to get vaccinated for that piece of paper when there is no evidence that they are any less immune than someone who got vaccinated.

Yet under this system, those people would be penalized if they don't go ahead and get vaccinated.

We just should be really careful if we're going to start branding people... to me, this is not far off how Jews came to be marked before the second world war. Let's just not be complacent about what the implications of any 'system' might be in the long term.

Don't worry, vaccine passports are just an old crazy tin hatted conspiracy theory, they will never happen.

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

all we can do is ask them to do everything they possibly can to try get those antibodies which is take both vaccines where they are medically able

Hmm I guess that doesn't swing it for me being a scientist and preferring to see evidence before getting all excited that our nation is protected by a piece of paper.

Im not for a moment advocating that anyone who has a substandard immune response be penalized, just as I don't believe anyone unvaccinated should be penalized, esp if they are healthy and not in a vulnerable, at risk category. The priority has to be vaccinating the vulnerable but we should also acknowledge that everything is not black and white esp given that it's not always the case that immunisation =immunity.

Like its unfair to assume some one who acquired antibodies through natural infection should be required to get vaccinated for that piece of paper when there is no evidence that they are any less immune than someone who got vaccinated.

Yet under this system, those people would be penalized if they don't go ahead and get vaccinated.

We just should be really careful if we're going to start branding people... to me, this is not far off how Jews came to be marked before the second world war. Let's just not be complacent about what the implications of any 'system' might be in the long term.

"

That's the issue..you state 'we're going to brand people'. But I'm sorry, it's not a case of branding its simply a case of people, for sensible business reasons, taking what they see as necessary precautions to address an extraordinary occurrence that can have a negative impact on their business.

They are not forcing anyone to have a vaccine, that's the individual's right and choice but in the same breath that individual cant claim or tell those same organizations what best or what to do for their business.

Lots of things I disagree with but have to accept in life..and as the sasying goes...'thats life'

There are lots of countries alreadt that won't let you travel if you don't have such vax's as:

Yellow Fever

Polio

Malaria

etc.

It's conceivable entirely that a Covid Vax (at least in the short term will become one of them).

"Except for the fact that this is about Holiday Traffic NOT migration and settlement. "

?? its about travel ... travel is not just about holidays .. and it will cover all travel

Brighton

"so is this not a case of we are in effect going to be penalised because our govt havent provided us with something we can use as evidence?

even if we don’t require it to be used in the UK, we are going to need to be able to prove we have been vaccinated , other EU countries will just put the ask in place - they can’t be the ones to give us the proof "

As soon as the Ministers have figured out how to monetise this and award a lucrative contract to a crony this will become a reality.

?? its about travel ... travel is not just about holidays .. and it will cover all travel"

Again it's NOT about Migration and Settlement which is what the EU does have control over.

"

i’m not saying a piece of paper makes us all safe or that the vaccine gives us immunity, i’m just saying that at the point you have been vaccinated you are now as safe you personally will ever be , (unless you are advocating for this to be a stop gap vaccine until we find one that does give immunity)

so to start then testing for anti bodies before allowing people the freedoms (that other countries are now limiting) only serves to disadvantage people who genetically for some reason cannot develop antibodies

this is not the same as disadvantaging people who get there through their own personal choice

as far at the marking jews comment goes , its beyond ridiculous and been done to death in the forums so all i will say is - not affording someone who chooses not to contribute to the safety of society, the same privileges as someone who will , is in no way comparable to marling the homes and businesses of jewish people minding their own business to have them dragged off to concentration camps. i would have thought a scientist who likes things to be evidence based would be able to see that

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Sky News that there would be a review published on 12 April

"

Ah yes, that old chestnut.

We'll wait to see what other countries do, and what systems they put in place, and then we will announce that the decision has been taken out of our hands and we'll have to comply with what everything else is doing. Not our fault, Gov.

I don't know what it is about successive British Governments over the years but they have a deep aversion to mandating anything upon the British people which may even remotely, possibly infringe on our liberties. Even when it's in our best interests. It's like they don't even bother trying.

Then again, we are not a country with a strong "social contract" compared to other nations on earth. How did we end up this way ?

How many of the locals/tourism workers in these tourist destinations will be fully vaccinated ?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Doesn’t change the fact that they are making sovereign decisions

Every nation in Europe is in fact sovereign, there are some common rules of course , but they usually are sensibile and decided together in parliament with al the other states. I totally agree with what u said before tho, the argument on sovereignty was definitely made to seem like Brussels is decided everything for us... big reveal, they don’t. Lol "

Not any more

chelmsford

"How many of the locals/tourism workers in these tourist destinations will be fully vaccinated ? "

We go to Corfu and someone who works in the tourist industry said they are being vaccinated, when they can get the vaccine...

Tin town

"How many of the locals/tourism workers in these tourist destinations will be fully vaccinated ?

We go to Corfu and someone who works in the tourist industry said they are being vaccinated, when they can get the vaccine..."

The EU have always been so fair to Greece after all.

chelmsford

"How many of the locals/tourism workers in these tourist destinations will be fully vaccinated ?

We go to Corfu and someone who works in the tourist industry said they are being vaccinated, when they can get the vaccine...

The EU have always been so fair to Greece after all."

Have they, I don't know..

Tin town

Have they, I don't know.."

Well this is a bit off piste but if you have a bit of time... Take a Google on any of the economist or telegraph of guardian or nytimes etc Greece v eu or better still yanis varoufakis who was the Greek treasury minister at the time....the national treasures demanded in return for a bail out package... A Nasty business

chelmsford

Have they, I don't know..

Well this is a bit off piste but if you have a bit of time... Take a Google on any of the economist or telegraph of guardian or nytimes etc Greece v eu or better still yanis varoufakis who was the Greek treasury minister at the time....the national treasures demanded in return for a bail out package... A Nasty business "

Thank you

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

The Czech Republic is still in a state of emergency.Hope this changes soon

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

"There are lots of countries alreadt that won't let you travel if you don't have such vax's as:

Yellow Fever

Polio

Malaria

etc.

It's conceivable entirely that a Covid Vax (at least in the short term will become one of them).

"

We already have a Yellow Vaccination Card, acceptable world wide. I've had many of them, as I've travelled a lot. I carried it with me as proof of vaccination, and had to produce it in some Middle Eastern and Asian countries.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"

what everyone forget when they scream "just get the vaccine" is that:

not every one can for starters, some have medical issues that prevent it.

high uptake in vaccines worldwide so far, where the need for high country vaxers, for low vac countries a simply stamp/letter from doc will do & funds go back to docs practice/NHS........not to private companies running this scheme 'on behalf' of gov.

defo not for domestic access use.

being done by age so only older people will be able to go (unless there's a private market for vax which will only be available to the elite due to cost).

which is funny because these countries asking for passports have been trying to rid themselves of the boozy brit holidays for years, older folk visit places of interest not just bars and beach and tend to spend money on a wider variety of the local economy.

in this set up the young are excluded from travel as they haven't even been offered vax yet.

as for antibody test, in scotland this is limited to key workers only (teachers, care, police, nhs etc) not to gen pop so it is impossible for the likes of me who has reason to believe I/we may have antibodies from Feb 2019.

only other option is for me to pay for it...nah your a private company is looking for my precious biodata gold...you can pay me

They'll profit from it after all.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Doesn't change the fact either that there was mechanisms in place to control migration and settlement but the UK chose not to implement them

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

"There are lots of countries alreadt that won't let you travel if you don't have such vax's as:

Yellow Fever

Polio

Malaria

etc.

"

It is this simple to respond to nature to protect ourselves and others, if we choose to travel abroad for our holidays.

» Add a new message to this topic