FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > More than £65,000 in fines issued for Covid breaches at two London parties

More than £65,000 in fines issued for Covid breaches at two London parties

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *angbangFantasy OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-lockdown-london-party-police-b1808767.html

People always jumping the gun

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Anybody know where Rita Ora was ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good!! There haven't been enough fines!!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Good

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Good!! There haven't been enough fines!!"

If there had been a bit more of this early on then people would have taken it more seriously and we might have been out of lockdown by now. The government would also have made a bit of cash to help pay for the last year.

Not one bit surprised, having said that, if it was a mega party in central london.. those people probably put it in the accidentals.

They should hand out criminal records maybe that’d change the attitude on the ones who want to organise huge parties like that... when it comes to paying a fine, rich people don’t care!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Good!! There haven't been enough fines!!"

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Are these fines ever paid or is it just for newspaper headlines ? I would think there is a right of appeal and I have never seen a court case reported.

No cases have appeared in court. The CPS announced last week that the fines are unlawful. No judge will put their names to this as all our laws are based on case law.

What judge would rule on anyone going for a walk and meeting members of their family and breathing fresh air. Total lunacy.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I would think to enforce a fine in a court the police would have to produce evidence and witnesses and attend in person to be cross examined .I can't see them doing that.

I thought most of the fines given out were fixed penalty notices, which don't end up in court?

"I thought most of the fines given out were fixed penalty notices, which don't end up in court? "

They do if you dispute the fine.

By *angbangFantasy OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

People throw parties like this because they jump the gun on the dates of lockdown or they just don't care because they are rich enough to pay off the fines.

It's selfish and will only prolong this lockdown

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Are these fines ever paid or is it just for newspaper headlines ? I would think there is a right of appeal and I have never seen a court case reported. "
Good question

Said from the start, this kind of abuse should carry a criminal record and everyone named & shamed. Might have made people think twice if they had to disclose a criminal record when applying for employment etc, and having potential peer pressure having been named as selfish dickheads.

"Said from the start, this kind of abuse should carry a criminal record and everyone named & shamed. Might have made people think twice if they had to disclose a criminal record when applying for employment etc, and having potential peer pressure having been named as selfish dickheads."

Wow, just wow

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Said from the start, this kind of abuse should carry a criminal record and everyone named & shamed. Might have made people think twice if they had to disclose a criminal record when applying for employment etc, and having potential peer pressure having been named as selfish dickheads.

Wow, just wow "

Why wow?

They're part of the reason why we're still stuck in this fucking mess. They're risking lives and potentially harming a lot of people by doing something of little to no societal benefit during a crisis.

"Said from the start, this kind of abuse should carry a criminal record and everyone named & shamed. Might have made people think twice if they had to disclose a criminal record when applying for employment etc, and having potential peer pressure having been named as selfish dickheads.

Wow, just wow "

Why wow?

Do you believe the usual "you've been a very naughty boy/girl, and I want you to promise me you'll never do it again" attitude actually has any effect on these people?

Manchester (she/her)

Wow, just wow

Why wow?

Do you believe the usual "you've been a very naughty boy/girl, and I want you to promise me you'll never do it again" attitude actually has any effect on these people?"

They're people like you and me doing what we all long to do. Criminal records are for people like them

How about public flogging? Am sure that would keep a lot of people happy.

Manchester (she/her)

"How about public flogging? Am sure that would keep a lot of people happy."

How about criminal consequences in line with the seriousness of their breach against the public?

"How about public flogging? Am sure that would keep a lot of people happy."

Nope, that would be illegal

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The parents of one of the students fined £10k in Nottingham paid the fine, as they realised that a court appearence would put their son's name in the public domain.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Not one bit surprised, having said that, if it was a mega party in central london.. those people probably put it in the accidentals.

They should hand out criminal records maybe that’d change the attitude on the ones who want to organise huge parties like that... when it comes to paying a fine, rich people don’t care! "

all people in London are loaded

Personally ,I think people caught should be named and shamed.Put their pictures up along side an NHS nurse or doctor,who's worked through pandemic. Maybe a mum or dad thats died due to covid.

If we lose the gains we have made now,I hate to think whats going to happen

Tin town

"Personally ,I think people caught should be named and shamed.Put their pictures up along side an NHS nurse or doctor,who's worked through pandemic. Maybe a mum or dad thats died due to covid.

If we lose the gains we have made now,I hate to think whats going to happen "

I agree. But it seems the great British public took the message that we have a high level timeline out of this mess starting on March 8th with the other half of kids starting back at school (as half have been going anyway) and ending no earlier than 15 weeks later on June 21st and with check points along with contingencies... As...

Actually lockdown is already over so let's just get back to normal. There is a huge risk of undoing all the sacrifices many of us have made.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

The rules have been broken from the very start of this by some, whether in lockdown or tiers, irrespective of any announcements of reduction of restrictions.

It’s been a long year, nothing wrong in people hoping and enjoying each moment when each milestone date is past.

Although there will always be those that will look down on those that do go out and enjoy those moments of life again, when allowed.

Let them have their positivity and you just look after yourselves

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Good!! There haven't been enough fines!!

If there had been a bit more of this early on then people would have taken it more seriously and we might have been out of lockdown by now. The government would also have made a bit of cash to help pay for the last year. "

100%

Round here they were breaking lockdown after the first week right back at the start.

The Police were sending offenders back home but no fines were handed out.

Pre-vaccine, the only thing that has made a difference to numbers is when the Police started fining people at the end of last year.

People blame Boris saying he killed 130000 but that's not right - it's the selfish arseholes like Rita Ora who are mainly responsible.

Manchester (she/her)

If there had been a bit more of this early on then people would have taken it more seriously and we might have been out of lockdown by now. The government would also have made a bit of cash to help pay for the last year.

100%

Round here they were breaking lockdown after the first week right back at the start.

Pre-vaccine, the only thing that has made a difference to numbers is when the Police started fining people at the end of last year.

People blame Boris saying he killed 130000 but that's not right - it's the selfish arseholes like Rita Ora who are mainly responsible."

And the police, and the way they behave, are completely independent from the government. They just make it up, yes?

We should be kinder to poor widdle Boris. It's not like the buck stops with him, being the Prime Minister and all.

Tin town

100%

People blame Boris saying he killed 130000 but that's not right - it's the selfish arseholes like Rita Ora who are mainly responsible.

And the police, and the way they behave, are completely independent from the government. They just make it up, yes?

We should be kinder to poor widdle Boris. It's not like the buck stops with him, being the Prime Minister and all."

You make it sound like he is responsible for everything everyone does. Just because some of us believe that people are responsible for their own actions does not give him and others a free pass for some of the horrific decisions that have been taken but it also doesn't make him responsible for everything.... And actually if he (or whomever is next in office) were, we would moan about that too as we would bemoan our lack of freedom to make our own decisions.

Manchester (she/her)

100%

We should be kinder to poor widdle Boris. It's not like the buck stops with him, being the Prime Minister and all.

You make it sound like he is responsible for everything everyone does. Just because some of us believe that people are responsible for their own actions does not give him and others a free pass for some of the horrific decisions that have been taken but it also doesn't make him responsible for everything.... And actually if he (or whomever is next in office) were, we would moan about that too as we would bemoan our lack of freedom to make our own decisions. "

Not mutually exclusive.

People are responsible for their actions. But if we're saying "the police should have..." Ultimately the police follow government guidelines of what the government think the law should be.

The buck of the government stops with the head of the government. As we've seen with the Derbyshire cases attracting government comment.

I'm responsible for myself. Everyone should be responsible for themselves. But that includes government agencies and those in charge of them.

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Cases like this I think, Government should take examples from other countries on how to deal with such idiots. Here prison is like going glamping! Hot showers, warm beds, TV, internet pfft in some countries prison is like hell! No1 wants to go there!

Majority of these fines wont be paid, 10 lashes each from a police baton right there & then!! Would be a stronger, firm deterrent

Tin town

100%

You make it sound like he is responsible for everything everyone does. Just because some of us believe that people are responsible for their own actions does not give him and others a free pass for some of the horrific decisions that have been taken but it also doesn't make him responsible for everything.... And actually if he (or whomever is next in office) were, we would moan about that too as we would bemoan our lack of freedom to make our own decisions.

Not mutually exclusive.

People are responsible for their actions. But if we're saying "the police should have..." Ultimately the police follow government guidelines of what the government think the law should be.

The buck of the government stops with the head of the government. As we've seen with the Derbyshire cases attracting government comment.

I'm responsible for myself. Everyone should be responsible for themselves. But that includes government agencies and those in charge of them."

We agree! Yay

Manchester (she/her)

100%

Not mutually exclusive.

I'm responsible for myself. Everyone should be responsible for themselves. But that includes government agencies and those in charge of them.

We agree! Yay"

Different angles, same ultimate purpose. I've thought that for awhile

By *eekendsCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

people now believe that they have rights that other people should do things for them but not repay the curtesy.

I am just waiting for the outcry that will come once other countries demand covid passports and yes some will get forged ones because they will think it is their rite to go without a jab , but if they get caught and some will and then either thrown in jail or face large fines( and jail in turkey or india etc will not be a cushy number) or sent back with large costs for flights and lost holidays, who will they think is at fault and cry poor me , well at that stage I for one will def say leave them to their fate

By *eekendsCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

they dont believe they are doing wrong, they cannot take responsibility because they have a chip on their shoulders, that the world owes them.

They really believe they think its being big to do this, I think a weeks community service of a bit of mortuary duty at the hospital might just make them aware.

Tin town

100%

Not mutually exclusive.

We agree! Yay

Different angles, same ultimate purpose. I've thought that for awhile "

Yes and finding the right angle is important..

Manchester (she/her)

100%

Not mutually exclusive.

We agree! Yay

Different angles, same ultimate purpose. I've thought that for awhile

Yes and finding the right angle is important.. "

Sure is

» Add a new message to this topic