FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > why are people of colour...? tv

why are people of colour...? tv

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

interested in watching this programme tomorrow about why the number of bame ethnicity are dying disproportionately.. be interested to see theories it used to be talked about a lot in the beginning

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eepBlackHole69Woman  over a year ago

U.K

I suspect that the reason why Black women in the UK are four times more likely to die in pregnancy or childbirth may be a contributing factor..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"interested in watching this programme tomorrow about why the number of bame ethnicity are dying disproportionately.. be interested to see theories it used to be talked about a lot in the beginning

d"

I would expect that the reasons are linked to the higher proportion of BAME folk living in poverty.

Cal

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Financial and health inequalities are a fundamental basis, I'm sure. These can arise from employment opportunities, giving rise to living conditions and lifestyle disparities from others

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

More in customer facing frontline occupations. More in multigenerational housing.

More in multi occupied housing.

By *konCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

There are 200 people where I work . We are all pretty much the same . Health , wealth etc. It’s killed one black bloke in his 50s, hammered a fit health conscious black guy aged 35 and made another black bloke in his late 50s very very unwell . It’s had far more effect pro rata on the black colleagues than on anyone else . Pure genetics with them as apart from our melanin levels , we are generally as equal as equals in every way.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect the correlation is first and foremost levels of deprivation.

This country has work to do, and this pandemic has further revealed its underside.

yes undoubtedly, but also genetics must play a part.. i guess the program may tell us

d

Manchester (she/her)

"yes undoubtedly, but also genetics must play a part.. i guess the program may tell us

d"

Why must genetics play a part?

think i heard a scientist say something about it.. May have been one of the government advisors right at the beginning There are some health conditions that people of various races are prone too

d

Manchester (she/her)

"think i heard a scientist say something about it.. May have been one of the government advisors right at the beginning There are some health conditions that people of various races are prone too

d"

Yes, certain health risks are genetic. But I fear by going "it's just something BAME people are more prone to because something in their genes", we ignore the societal influences that expose them further or may result in poorer health outcomes.

We can't fix their genes, so *shrug* not our problem. Whereas we *can* work to help societal injustice.

Let's look to what we can fix.

yes i agree and I feel that's why they stopped talking about, particularly as blm became so prominent and it could have caused tensions with certain racist sections of society.. hope its an interesting program

There seems to be more and more evidence that lack of vitamin D makes you more vulnerable to covid. People with darker skin tones absorb less vit D from sunlight. We should all be taking vitamin D supplements!

Manchester (she/her)

"yes i agree and I feel that's why they stopped talking about, particularly as blm became so prominent and it could have caused tensions with certain racist sections of society.. hope its an interesting program "

It's all a delicate balancing act, for sure

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"More in customer facing frontline occupations. More in multigenerational housing.

More in multi occupied housing."

Hits the nail on the head.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"interested in watching this programme tomorrow about why the number of bame ethnicity are dying disproportionately.. be interested to see theories it used to be talked about a lot in the beginning

d"

What channel when? Thanks

bbc 1 or 2 tomorrow night

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

there's been reports that the BAME community are vaccine reticent so I would have thought that getting vaccinated would be a priority.

Manchester (she/her)

"there's been reports that the BAME community are vaccine reticent so I would have thought that getting vaccinated would be a priority. "

Obviously we need to look into the reasons for that

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"bbc 1 or 2 tomorrow night "

By *sbiloverWoman  over a year ago

London

Put simple, It’s down to trust, or lack thereof.

The disparity in maternal care really says it all, as there are very few pregnancy conditions that affect different races (none that I can think of but then again, I’m not a medical person).

If you can’t trust the health service to take care of you and treat you the same as other mothers when you are at your most vulnerable (giving birth and incredibly emotional), then why would you trust them at any other time?

I’ve have first hand experience of this. When pregnant with my eldest, I actually read my notes prior to leaving my first appointment. It stated that there were no allergies known, something the doctor hadn’t asked me about as I would have clearly stated that I am allergic to penicillin! Before you jump to conclusions, that was the worst of the mistakes in my notes, where it also stated I was Caucasian.

I did receive an apology from the hospital; right after they received the solicitors letter. I also changed hospitals.

Most medical tests/trials are done on white males, unless it’s something specific to females (breast or womb) and then the trials are on white females. If you extrapolate from that, black females are at the bottom of the pile and then of course when you complain because you feel you’re being unfairly treated, i.e. ignored or worse, you’re then accused of being aggressive or are playing the race card! Seriously wish someone would tell me where to get this blessed card I keep hearing about?

In many cities and towns, black females make up a significant number of the nursing staff and yet, there are extremely few in middle management or at the top. That’s not me stating that, it’s a fact as recent studies have shown.

It always amazes me that when people seriously need medical attention, they couldn’t give a dam the colour of the doctor or nurse.

Study after study after study after study has been done and yet we still have no idea why these disparities linger (Yeah right, shrugs shoulders)!

And before some right minded simplistic cretin starts on about my chippy shoulder etc, nothing could be further from the truth. I’m incredibly fortunate to live in an affluent area, adjacent to Hampstead Heath.

Race isn’t something I talk about as there’s always some moron who has not lived my experience trying to gaslight me and tell me it’s all in my head! I’ve experience very few racial incidents but when I happens, it still hurts like hell and takes quite a while to get over; if ever!

Manchester (she/her)

"Put simple, It’s down to trust, or lack thereof.

The disparity in maternal care really says it all, as there are very few pregnancy conditions that affect different races (none that I can think of but then again, I’m not a medical person).

If you can’t trust the health service to take care of you and treat you the same as other mothers when you are at your most vulnerable (giving birth and incredibly emotional), then why would you trust them at any other time?

I’ve have first hand experience of this. When pregnant with my eldest, I actually read my notes prior to leaving my first appointment. It stated that there were no allergies known, something the doctor hadn’t asked me about as I would have clearly stated that I am allergic to penicillin! Before you jump to conclusions, that was the worst of the mistakes in my notes, where it also stated I was Caucasian.

I did receive an apology from the hospital; right after they received the solicitors letter. I also changed hospitals.

Most medical tests/trials are done on white males, unless it’s something specific to females (breast or womb) and then the trials are on white females. If you extrapolate from that, black females are at the bottom of the pile and then of course when you complain because you feel you’re being unfairly treated, i.e. ignored or worse, you’re then accused of being aggressive or are playing the race card! Seriously wish someone would tell me where to get this blessed card I keep hearing about?

In many cities and towns, black females make up a significant number of the nursing staff and yet, there are extremely few in middle management or at the top. That’s not me stating that, it’s a fact as recent studies have shown.

It always amazes me that when people seriously need medical attention, they couldn’t give a dam the colour of the doctor or nurse.

Study after study after study after study has been done and yet we still have no idea why these disparities linger (Yeah right, shrugs shoulders)!

And before some right minded simplistic cretin starts on about my chippy shoulder etc, nothing could be further from the truth. I’m incredibly fortunate to live in an affluent area, adjacent to Hampstead Heath.

Race isn’t something I talk about as there’s always some moron who has not lived my experience trying to gaslight me and tell me it’s all in my head! I’ve experience very few racial incidents but when I happens, it still hurts like hell and takes quite a while to get over; if ever!

"

I believe you, and I'm aware (academically) of some of these issues. (As a white woman I don't want to be the one to bring it up, you know?)

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Has all the communications. adverts, leaflets etc been in relevant languages? I know from council days, you have to have a communication plan for each vulnerable group.

Manchester (she/her)

"Has all the communications. adverts, leaflets etc been in relevant languages? I know from council days, you have to have a communication plan for each vulnerable group.

"

I know people (Indy Sage) are discussing whether efforts have been made to reach out to different cultural groups. Whether government are, who knows

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"yes undoubtedly, but also genetics must play a part.. i guess the program may tell us

d

Why must genetics play a part?"

Do white people get sickle cell ? I’m pretty sure it’s black people who get it!

So could well be a genetic thing

that's the sort of thing i was thinking of

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

normans vikings romans and plenty of others have been over her fucking everyone and mixing the gene pool... perhaps that has something to do with a robust immune system.... but i doubt it will be mentioned lol

Manchester (she/her)

"that's the sort of thing i was thinking of"

Sure.

We leave that to the doctor's to figure out. Where there are issues of deprivation and other inequality at play, we address them as well.

"think i heard a scientist say something about it.. May have been one of the government advisors right at the beginning There are some health conditions that people of various races are prone too

d

Yes, certain health risks are genetic. But I fear by going "it's just something BAME people are more prone to because something in their genes", we ignore the societal influences that expose them further or may result in poorer health outcomes.

We can't fix their genes, so *shrug* not our problem. Whereas we *can* work to help societal injustice.

Let's look to what we can fix."

Perfectly put

Notts

"

they wrote her name wrong on the board, gave her liquids when she wasnt allowed to drink or it would go on her lungs, gave her wrong tablets when still couldnt swallow, then too many tablets put her in a nappy! because she couldnt walk to toilet.. when she could!... im not making it up! fuck me the list was endless of shite care, didnt change catheter so she got an infection... its a long list.... shes white

bumped into a couple at a clinic, they said our nurse didnt tell us about this place, we said ours didnt either... its nothing personal, they just dont think! It was a black couple... you have to find out and do everything for yourself!

Yes i know there are lots of good nurses, dont troll me, but there are also some shite ones, english, spanish, black white whatever! I could see why the other couple thought it was race related though, think i would have done to! we thought weve managed to piss them off some how... when really it was just shocking care!

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Also horror stories like the tuskegee project i think is part of it too.

"that's the sort of thing i was thinking of

Sure.

We leave that to the doctor's to figure out. Where there are issues of deprivation and other inequality at play, we address them as well. "

of course. Will be interesting to see what the program says..the subject has become almost taboo

d

Manchester (she/her)

"Also horror stories like the tuskegee project i think is part of it too."

Yes, definitely

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"More in customer facing frontline occupations. More in multigenerational housing.

More in multi occupied housing."

Yes these factors contribute.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"There seems to be more and more evidence that lack of vitamin D makes you more vulnerable to covid. People with darker skin tones absorb less vit D from sunlight. We should all be taking vitamin D supplements!"

And this as well

"I suspect that the reason why Black women in the UK are four times more likely to die in pregnancy or childbirth may be a contributing factor.. "

I read this a while back, I didn't know this and was shocked.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Vitamin D

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

"

Thank you, also to add and I’ve seen it mentioned above most white doctors have no clue on a lot of black and ethnic groups related illnesses such as sickie cell and sadly this isn’t speculation

program on at 9pm tonight i might have to watch Hattie again on BBC on at same time, possibly the best film ever made with cuckolding as a central theme lol

d

was it any good?

Notts

"Also horror stories like the tuskegee project i think is part of it too."

‘the world’s worst drug scandal of all time’, the ‘thalidomide disaster’ mainly hit white people,.... there have been plenty of fuck ups in history

[Removed by poster at 02/03/21 22:33:02]

"I suspect that the reason why Black women in the UK are four times more likely to die in pregnancy or childbirth may be a contributing factor.. "

holy shit is that true :0

Notts

"I suspect that the reason why Black women in the UK are four times more likely to die in pregnancy or childbirth may be a contributing factor..

holy shit is that true :0"

shockingly it is and they arent sure why? but im not sure how that information effects the vaccine?

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

At a guess.. No

Probably raised more questions than it answered. And if it was on BBC it'll all be everyone elses fault,probably started with Noah, some white guy who was really from Iraq with some home made boat that didn't save all the oppressed

Ohh well, tall stories and all that..

Pull a statue down to celebrate..

can't say if you didn't watch.. so you'd have watched it on Netflix i only didn't watch yet cos was watching 'Hattie'

d

Manchester (she/her)

"At a guess.. No

Probably raised more questions than it answered. And if it was on BBC it'll all be everyone elses fault,probably started with Noah, some white guy who was really from Iraq with some home made boat that didn't save all the oppressed

Ohh well, tall stories and all that..

Pull a statue down to celebrate..

"

That's a lot of speculation for something you haven't watched.

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

Most medical tests/trials are done on white males, unless it’s something specific to females (breast or womb) and then the trials are on white females.

"

You're not a medical person yet you think you can make statements which are untrue. Medical/clinical trials are carried out on those with the condition/disease, so if that affects white males more than anyone else then they will make up the majority of patients. Not many white males in Asia (South Korea, China, Japan). You can argue that trials should be extended more into African countries but their governments are not as interested in setting up rigorous regulatory systems to allow such trials. Same as Arabic countries, I can conduct a trial in Israel but anywhere else forget it!

Notts

[Removed by poster at 03/03/21 10:00:38]

Central

"can't say if you didn't watch.. so you'd have watched it on Netflix i only didn't watch yet cos was watching 'Hattie'

d"

Was Hattie any good?

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"Has all the communications. adverts, leaflets etc been in relevant languages? I know from council days, you have to have a communication plan for each vulnerable group."

Why do we waste time and resources doing this? In England the language is English. There is a reasonable argument for using the languages of the devolved nations (Welsh, Gaelic, Irish) in the relevant areas but other than that all information and communication should be in English only.

We would like to move to France - if we turn up at the local Mairie asking for help or information & don't speak French we strongly suspect that they will just shrug their shoulders and pretend not to understand.

If you choose to live in England, you must learn English. No excuses.

"Has all the communications. adverts, leaflets etc been in relevant languages? I know from council days, you have to have a communication plan for each vulnerable group.

Why do we waste time and resources doing this? In England the language is English. There is a reasonable argument for using the languages of the devolved nations (Welsh, Gaelic, Irish) in the relevant areas but other than that all information and communication should be in English only.

We would like to move to France - if we turn up at the local Mairie asking for help or information & don't speak French we strongly suspect that they will just shrug their shoulders and pretend not to understand.

If you choose to live in England, you must learn English. Noexcuses."

good job the Spanish are so good at English

"can't say if you didn't watch.. so you'd have watched it on Netflix i only didn't watch yet cos was watching 'Hattie'

d

Was Hattie any good? "

brilliant one of my favorite dramas.. seen it about 4 times now

d

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

If you choose to live in England, you must learn English. No excuses."

Wow, I have no idea how many times in my work I have had non native speakers apologise for their poor English. My response is usually...’well it is still better than my Urdu, Punjabi etc etc’ and we get our respective messages across.

Manchester (she/her)

Because our public health depends on them understanding, no matter what you might think of their abilities or effort.

And btw, most visas these days come with an English test attached (no I didn't take it, I'm exempt as an Australian citizen)

Manchester (she/her)

Wow, I have no idea how many times in my work I have had non native speakers apologise for their poor English. My response is usually...’well it is still better than my Urdu, Punjabi etc etc’ and we get our respective messages across. "

Imagine that. Doing our best and cooperating

at best the goverment should just shout slowly in English while making hand gestures this works for me all over the world and I manage to order a beer....

d"

BAME have a higher level of diabetes, kidney and liver problems and heart conditions...regardless of poverty/deprevation etc. It is difficult for broadcasters/journalists etc to say this without accusations of racism. Senior doctors are hardly what you would call deprived but proportionately far more BAME in these positions have succumbed to Covid.

Deprivation etc undoubtedly has a large(r) role to play but it isn't the only factor.

Take care it there!

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

d

BAME have a higher level of diabetes, kidney and liver problems and heart conditions...regardless of poverty/deprevation etc. It is difficult for broadcasters/journalists etc to say this without accusations of racism. Senior doctors are hardly what you would call deprived but proportionately far more BAME in these positions have succumbed to Covid.

Deprivation etc undoubtedly has a large(r) role to play but it isn't the only factor.

Take care it there!"

"Regardless of..." is a big statement... I've no idea if it's genuinely purely 100% genetic, but people don't half like presuming it's not about decades of deep, underlying systemic failure.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

d

Take care it there!

"Regardless of..." is a big statement... I've no idea if it's genuinely purely 100% genetic, but people don't half like presuming it's not about decades of deep, underlying systemic failure."

Read report yesterday on my news feed said in Germany muslims make up around 5 to 6 percent of their population, yet over 50 percent of ICU patients are muslim, the doctor said they had been told not to discuss incase they were called racists due to their suspicion that some groups weren't sticking to the rules etc, its bonkers we all know bame groups have higher death levels but nobody can discuss the reasons for fear of being called racist despite the fact that discussing the reasons and being honest might save deaths

did anyone catch programme!!? must find it on iplayer

Manchester (she/her)

d

Take care it there!

"Regardless of..." is a big statement... I've no idea if it's genuinely purely 100% genetic, but people don't half like presuming it's not about decades of deep, underlying systemic failure."

Shhh. Facts upset people

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Can I say it is easier to mitigate the ‘genetic’ elements in general by lifestyle changes, quite often these lifestyle changes are not an option for those in poverty...game, set & match..

Notts

d

Take care it there!

and some people want to bang that drum even if they admit they have no idea! lol

5 times the level of diabetes and also a lower tolerance to salt...

systemic failure? is that why asians are doing so well or are they not counted? lol

d

Take care it there!

"Regardless of..." is a big statement... I've no idea if it's genuinely purely 100% genetic, but people don't half like presuming it's not about decades of deep, underlying systemic failure.

and some people want to bang that drum even if they admit they have no idea! lol

systemic failure? is that why asians are doing so well or are they not counted? lol "

What are Asians doing well at? And I couldn’t tell if that comment was sarcastic?

Either way, it’s a touchy subject and it’s never a good idea to start pitting races against each other. Instead just stick to the main topic.

Notts

d

Take care it there!

systemic failure? is that why asians are doing so well or are they not counted? lol

What are Asians doing well at? And I couldn’t tell if that comment was sarcastic?

Either way, it’s a touchy subject and it’s never a good idea to start pitting races against each other. Instead just stick to the main topic."

I didn't raise the subject of black management/doctors etc, read the thread, so i didnt pitt anyone against anyone, or it can be pointed out managers are white but not asian? just ignore facts and point fingers, well done!

Wigan

Some will die most wont.. White, black, pink, green or otherwise..

When there is total honesty and transparency of all the actual deaths FROM covid, people will realise it's actually all been made up as people went along..

Lockdown is criminal and so far the cost is only £43000 per person.. Balance the books..

Ha

Balance the sodding truth first

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It’s complicated. Is there a genetic component, maybe, but does it show with higher cases/mortality in countries with populations dominated by such genetics? I’m not sure it does?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Some will die most wont.. White, black, pink, green or otherwise..

When there is total honesty and transparency of all the actual deaths FROM covid, people will realise it's actually all been made up as people went along..

Lockdown is criminal and so far the cost is only £43000 per person.. Balance the books..

Ha

Balance the sodding tru first "

How do you come to that figure?

350bn. 66 million population £5,300 each

Or

40million people of working age, that’s about £8,700 each

It’s a lot but it’s nowhere close to your figure?)

My estimate would be up to 20% of Covid deaths would have occurred regardless of the virus. That doesn’t make the other 80% any less valid. Alas there are also a significant number of people ending up back in hospital and dying of Covid complications more than 28 days after their last positive test.

Lockdown isn’t criminal it has been essential

Central

Ha

Balance the sodding truth first "

You're aware that without lockdown and other measures to contain the virus, that infection and death numbers would have been much, much higher? And that the NHS would have been completely overwhelmed? We have made mistakes, including locking down too late each time, which meant we had to lockdown for much longer than we had to.

The results of the few restrictions we've had have saved many lives and prevented thousands from being avoidably disabled. It's a small economic cost, to save so many lives.

Wigan

Ha

Balance the sodding truth first

You're aware that without lockdown and other measures to contain the virus, that infection and death numbers would have been much, much higher? And that the NHS would have been completely overwhelmed? We have made mistakes, including locking down too late each time, which meant we had to lockdown for much longer than we had to.

The results of the few restrictions we've had have saved many lives and prevented thousands from being avoidably disabled. It's a small economic cost, to save so many lives. "

Is your first statement based on a model? Has to be as it can't be a fact as it didn't happen.

Well i finally watched it.. interesting program basically making the argument that its mostly social economic. With a very interesting concept known as weathering

d

By *oostersMan  over a year ago

Southend

If you research you will find that the statistics are false. And in reality, that majority has been white. Let's forget BAME, as to me being a black man, I find that term offensive. However, ethnic minorities mostly work in health and social care. Therefore, if you view the statistics of those that have contracted covid, and passed away. You'll find that the majority worked within these settings.

yes that was the point among others that they program made

Manchester (she/her)

Ha

Balance the sodding tru first

How do you come to that figure?

350bn. 66 million population £5,300 each

Or

40million people of working age, that’s about £8,700 each

It’s a lot but it’s nowhere close to your figure?)

My estimate would be up to 20% of Covid deaths would have occurred regardless of the virus. That doesn’t make the other 80% any less valid. Alas there are also a significant number of people ending up back in hospital and dying of Covid complications more than 28 days after their last positive test.

Lockdown isn’t criminal it has been essential

"

Criminal and criminally negligent would have been to let it rip.

"there's been reports that the BAME community are vaccine reticent so I would have thought that getting vaccinated would be a priority.

Obviously we need to look into the reasons for that"

The Vaccines must be racist

By *ye2eye5Man  over a year ago

st helens

There is anecdotal evidence which suggests that blood group may be responsible for the severity of the disease. In particular, blood group A appears to attract the virus to the respiratory system. I’m blood group A and can personally confirm that this is a nasty disease. Research is available on line if you Google it.

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

The virus has nothing to do with race, more attitudes of people...

Driving around Birmingham this morning and no social distancing or anything... drive out to the outskirts and quite quiet

Notts

d"

was all over news the other week being fat is a major reason people are dying, one of the reasons the slimmer japs arent, and they are super disciplined sticking to every rule.... do Japanese count as an ethnic group?

yes of course

d

was all over news the other week being fat is a major reason people are dying, one of the reasons the slimmer japs arent, and they are super disciplined sticking to every rule.... do Japanese count as an ethnic group? "

Wtf just stick a casual racist slang word in there

Notts

d

was all over news the other week being fat is a major reason people are dying, one of the reasons the slimmer japs arent, and they are super disciplined sticking to every rule.... do Japanese count as an ethnic group?

Wtf just stick a casual racist slang word in there "

you are so woke! you must be very cool lol do you use the term brits? i bet you do lol brits abroad.... you could become a police person and arrest me!

soz japanese is a lot of typing, which is why people use brits and not british everytime

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I'm presuming you have never visited benidorm?

I'm presuming you have never visited benidorm?"

wonder of sticky vicky and her daughter speak spanish

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

d

Take care it there!"

I think they have already found that its hit poorer areas harder

Central

d

was all over news the other week being fat is a major reason people are dying, one of the reasons the slimmer japs arent, and they are super disciplined sticking to every rule.... do Japanese count as an ethnic group? "

Perhaps you could study ethnography There are many factors that affect worse outcomes, including behaviour. Looking across the world, 1 of the biggest appears to be the leadership - USA/Trump, Brazil/Bolsonaro and the UK amongst them. Once that's accepted, the populations of each country may then have predisposed characteristics that influence their response to the virus. Ethnicity, preexisting medical conditions, poverty and being overweight are amongst them. Some of these are not causative, they may be symptomatic of other aspects of culture, including politics. We certainly have to refrain from anything like victim blaming. It's been a really tough year for everyone but especially for those who through no responsibility of their own, have been severely disadvantaged. We need a lot of compassion and worthy determination to end as much of the wrongs in our cultures as possible, that sleight others to what are too frequently, substantial disadvantages in perpetuity. If we don't bother addressing the causes of many dire things that are very wrong, we're enabling the continuationof what we should have learned from the past. There's little if any excuse for wilful ignorance that harms.

» Add a new message to this topic