FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Couldn't believe what I was hearing

Couldn't believe what I was hearing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So yesterday I was out shopping and a guy was being served, he was very loudly saying that be has never wore a mask that he gets tested weekly,has never tested positive to then went on to say that he's not having the vaccine they can stick it up their ass were his words.

I don't know how the lady serving him didn't react to that I was struggling

Now I know it is a choice but he caused an upset in the shop that was not needed a few older people seemed upset by it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds horrible...so many people having end of tether meltdowns these days but still no excuse for abuse

"Sounds horrible...so many people having end of tether meltdowns these days but still no excuse for abuse "

No there isn't it's not nice to hear for anyone the older folk looked a bit shaken

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

this is one of the drawbacks of having the societal safety net of wetherspoons shut down.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

He sounds like a real gem.

Unfortunately, catching the virus is the only thing that will change the opinion of people like this. I wish they could sign a waiver to say they wouldn’t expect any medical intervention if their time came.

Lou x

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

A month ago I was doing a pharmacy run for someone who is shielding, and upon entering the shopping mall a bloke almost jumped on me shouting, "take off your mask, you sheep. There is no virus. It's lies. Be free"

I remonstrated, telling him to say the to my friends with long covid, my friend who lost her grandfather and uncle to covid... But he was adamant and even started shouting that my friends are liars and trust I was attacking his freedom.

Security kicked him out. Apparently he does it every day, Waits at one of the entrances and has a go at people wearing masks. Nutter.

Shouldn't have even been in the shop...its law to wear a face covering

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Shouldn't have even been in the shop...its law to wear a face covering "

Unless they are unable to and that’s where the issue lies, they don’t need to prove they’re unable to.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Apparently some people need hobbies.

I think knitting is probably better.

"Shouldn't have even been in the shop...its law to wear a face covering

Unless they are unable to and that’s where the issue lies, they don’t need to prove they’re unable to.

"

You can be asked to show proof and if you can't then you can be refused entry to shop

[Removed by poster at 04/03/21 10:38:04]

[Removed by poster at 04/03/21 10:38:36]

"I saw no mention of abuse!"
He was shouting and swearing and upsetting people in the shop that counts as abuse

Manchester (she/her)

"I saw no mention of abuse!"

Sounds wildly inappropriate even if it's not abuse.

By *uxomBoobs195Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Its people like the man you mentioned that need to do a shift on the covid wards.

Until you've held the hand of a patient as they die alone due to family not being allowed in/having family who can't go to hospital due to them shielding etc.

Or they've sat next to a person who's struggling to breath and utterly terrified.

Or theyve done a 12 hour shift in full PPE and spoke to the other staff on the ward.

To some it is still "just a cold" and luckily if your a healthy person, thats all it may be if you catch it. But for others it isn't and its utterly heartbreaking.

Face covering or not he should not have been running his mouth like that upsetting people

"Its people like the man you mentioned that need to do a shift on the covid wards.

Until you've held the hand of a patient as they die alone due to family not being allowed in/having family who can't go to hospital due to them shielding etc.

Or they've sat next to a person who's struggling to breath and utterly terrified.

Or theyve done a 12 hour shift in full PPE and spoke to the other staff on the ward.

To some it is still "just a cold" and luckily if your a healthy person, thats all it may be if you catch it. But for others it isn't and its utterly heartbreaking.

"

My thoughts exactly

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A guy was in front of me in a supermarket a few weeks ago insisting that it can't be real, as he knows nobody who has been infected, thus it's not everywhere or anywhere. All restrictions must be stopped, so his business can earn the money it should. There really are some very deluded and poor of thinking people around. I dread to think how they have been living.

Manchester (she/her)

"A guy was in front of me in a supermarket a few weeks ago insisting that it can't be real, as he knows nobody who has been infected, thus it's not everywhere or anywhere. All restrictions must be stopped, so his business can earn the money it should. There really are some very deluded and poor of thinking people around. I dread to think how they have been living. "

I don't know anyone who's suffered from childhood malnutrition, it clearly doesn't exist

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"He sounds like a real gem.

Unfortunately, catching the virus is the only thing that will change the opinion of people like this. I wish they could sign a waiver to say they wouldn’t expect any medical intervention if their time came.

Lou x "

Sadly you are right

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I was in the post office in the first lockdown and a guy was shouting about heard ammunity and how he would never wear a mask.

His wife died of it earlier this year, I wonder how he feels about it now.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

"A month ago I was doing a pharmacy run for someone who is shielding, and upon entering the shopping mall a bloke almost jumped on me shouting, "take off your mask, you sheep. There is no virus. It's lies. Be free"

I remonstrated, telling him to say the to my friends with long covid, my friend who lost her grandfather and uncle to covid... But he was adamant and even started shouting that my friends are liars and trust I was attacking his freedom.

Security kicked him out. Apparently he does it every day, Waits at one of the entrances and has a go at people wearing masks. Nutter."

So its ok for people to have a go at others who refuse to wear masks???

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"this is one of the drawbacks of having the societal safety net of wetherspoons shut down. "

I like your thinking!

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Up his ass would be an unusual injection site but could be to work.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"A guy was in front of me in a supermarket a few weeks ago insisting that it can't be real, as he knows nobody who has been infected, thus it's not everywhere or anywhere. All restrictions must be stopped, so his business can earn the money it should. There really are some very deluded and poor of thinking people around. I dread to think how they have been living.

I don't know anyone who's suffered from childhood malnutrition, it clearly doesn't exist "

I've never been to Australia, clearly it's deepfake. Same with Bognor Regis, Scunthorpe, Essex, the Royal Family, ostriches and Elon Musk. Wake up sheeple, if you haven't seen it with your own eyes it is just a malicious lie!

Manchester (she/her)

"A month ago I was doing a pharmacy run for someone who is shielding, and upon entering the shopping mall a bloke almost jumped on me shouting, "take off your mask, you sheep. There is no virus. It's lies. Be free"

Security kicked him out. Apparently he does it every day, Waits at one of the entrances and has a go at people wearing masks. Nutter.

So its ok for people to have a go at others who refuse to wear masks???"

It's ok to respond. The anti masker did the confronting.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

So it's ok for people to have a go at others who refuse to wear masks???"

it is in my book 100% okay! I confess I have been close to thumping some of the refusers I have met recently in queues at checkouts. You know the type

' It's alright ..I exempt!' showing no evidence of exemption or even trying to .

Some are of course.. though I suggest the majority are not!

For clarity in this instance

refuser= those who insist they don't have to wear face protection simply because they don't want to not because they are medically / psychologically unable to .. big difference

All this ' woke' stuff about what's right and wrong and being nice to eachother .. time we stopped . It is really very dangerous to allow things like this to go on ..

Have you noticed? people use that phrase more and more recently ?

'So its okay to ... ?'

expecting it to be some kind of warning to someone not to actually speak their mind. That person then feels a pang of guilt over something ( which they shouldn't be doing in most cases ) and then change what they said just to keep everyone happy.

Cue Overload of ' Somas' everywhere!

Its just reverse psychology though / guilt-tripping .. gone sadly are the days where a man could stand up and say what he felt to whoever he wished to about whatever he wished to.

there was a time where two men would argue, fall out punch each other a bit then wipe their mouths and have a pint .. I miss those days less psychology and more living life and I argue we were the better men for it!

Instead, now we have to hold it all in and deal with things in a nice passive-aggressive kind of way which I suggest is more detrimental than anything.

So again the short answer is .. yes it is alright to do that to people who refuse to wear a mask and frankly the same applies to those who won't do their humanitarian duty and have a vaccination when they are able to as well ! and those people without masks coughing and spluttering near my as Im trying to shop who I then see having a fag or on their vapes outside Sainsbury's saying they are ' exempt' are on borrowed time!

yah boo sucks to the woke generation!

Ah! .. I actually feel better about that

pint ?

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"So yesterday I was out shopping and a guy was being served, he was very loudly saying that be has never wore a mask that he gets tested weekly,has never tested positive to then went on to say that he's not having the vaccine they can stick it up their ass were his words.

Now I know it is a choice but he caused an upset in the shop that was not needed a few older people seemed upset by it

"

1. it sounds like he was having a private conversation, some people just have loud voices like myself, it's not meant.

2. he wasn't denying covid, mask for instance clearly state on the box not for covid & that's surgical ones, so your cloth ones are useless

3.he may have a disablity that he just hasn't mentioned. there is no legal need to prove.

4. he gets tested every week, so defo no a denier

5. he is allowed to have doubts over the vaccine

the problem here seems to be more that you didn't like what he was saying because his view is different to yours, not that he was being abusive at all. there is a difference.

old folk are getting their vaccines so protecting themselves, they don't need to worry about him.

and as for those who say he should be denied medical treatment for his views, I do hope you keep your own bodies in absolute tip top condition, live in a sterile plastic bubble and never have an accident of any kind!

a silly blanket statement.

[Removed by poster at 04/03/21 14:28:50]

"So yesterday I was out shopping and a guy was being served, he was very loudly saying that be has never wore a mask that he gets tested weekly,has never tested positive to then went on to say that he's not having the vaccine they can stick it up their ass were his words.

1. it sounds like he was having a private conversation, some people just have loud voices like myself, it's not meant.

2. he wasn't denying covid, mask for instance clearly state on the box not for covid & that's surgical ones, so your cloth ones are useless

3.he may have a disablity that he just hasn't mentioned. there is no legal need to prove.

the problem here seems to be more that you didn't like what he was saying because his view is different to yours, not that he was being abusive at all. there is a difference.

old folk are getting their vaccines so protecting themselves, they don't need to worry about him.

and as for those who say he should be denied medical treatment for his views, I do hope you keep your own bodies in absolute tip top condition, live in a sterile plastic bubble and never have an accident of any kind!

a silly blanket statement."

Is it a silly statement, no not when he's upsetting old people in a shop it's not.

Manchester (she/her)

a silly blanket statement."

Maybe don't lecture cashiers on your views and you won't get silly statements made about you.

Some people haven’t worn masks, have broke all the rules and mixed freely yet haven’t had the virus. Perhaps they’re lucky. Perhaps it’s a matter of time.

With something like this which has so many variables there will always be widely differing opinions and actions.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Well done .... yeahhhhhhhhhh

Sad to say but people don't watch the news these days.

When the government give out news etc it is usually on BBC1 then you can watch it. And that is often on between 5pm and 545pm.

It needs to be broadcasted on all channels including sky etc around 7pm.

That way people can't turn to another channel.

By *rictheking20Man  over a year ago

Galway

#mybodymychoice

By *ldestswingerintownMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

"I've never been to Australia, clearly it's deepfake. Same with Bognor Regis, Scunthorpe, Essex ... wake up sheeple, if you haven't seen it with your own eyes it is just a malicious lie!"

I was born and bred in Essex but I'm not convinced it isn't "deepfake"...

"#mybodymychoice"

What do you mean by that?

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I didn't have a lot of faith in people before this, but this last year has made me realise there is a lot of dim people out there. A lot.

Galway

"#mybodymychoice

What do you mean by that?"

I'll give you a hint, I'm not talking about an abortion.

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

I say this even if your exempt from wearing a face mask I think it would be better if you wore a face shield or something is better than nothing

Surley it's his right to not want the vaccination? I didn't realise we where living in a dictatorship

Manchester (she/her)

"Surley it's his right to not want the vaccination? I didn't realise we where living in a dictatorship "

It's his right to think what he likes, vaccine mandates don't exist in the UK (although many countries which are not dictatorships have vaccine mandates).

But if you're going to go off at a cashier on a political screed, people might judge you.

Hope this helps.

stafford

"#mybodymychoice"

Actually. That's not really about that is it?

stafford

"Surley it's his right to not want the vaccination? I didn't realise we where living in a dictatorship "

Nope it isn't his right.. Or we could argue he is restrict g every else of their right to stay healthy?

stafford

"#mybodymychoice

I'll give you a hint, I'm not talking about an abortion. "

Then don't nick someone else's hashtag

Manchester (she/her)

"#mybodymychoice

Then don't nick someone else's hashtag "

It is... annoying.

Galway

"Surley it's his right to not want the vaccination? I didn't realise we where living in a dictatorship

Nope it isn't his right.. Or we could argue he is restrict g every else of their right to stay healthy? "

Does the vaccine not keep you healthy no?

Surely if you believe it does then you should have no problem with someone not taking it if they wish not to for whatever reason

Galway

"#mybodymychoice

Then don't nick someone else's hashtag "

I didn't realise it was copyrighted

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Surley it's his right to not want the vaccination? I didn't realise we where living in a dictatorship

Nope it isn't his right.. Or we could argue he is restrict g every else of their right to stay healthy?

Surely if you believe it does then you should have no problem with someone not taking it if they wish not to for whatever reason "

I understand many people don't think about anyone beyond themselves, but choosing not to take the vaccine affects other people. It is a community issue.

Manchester (she/her)

Surely if you believe it does then you should have no problem with someone not taking it if they wish not to for whatever reason "

You might consider educating yourself.

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

The world is getting crazy a culture of fear spred by the goverment is turning folks into a them and us society. If you look in history once fear takes hold and you get to them and us it starts small but enlarges to religious intolersnce racial intolerance and sexual intolerance. Eg southafrica . Meanmar muslims . Gremans and jews.trumpists and non trumpists . I fear the worlds gone mad. In a society whear we all feel free to express an opinion you dont have fear taking over

Edinburgh

"The world is getting crazy a culture of fear spred by the goverment is turning folks into a them and us society. If you look in history once fear takes hold and you get to them and us it starts small but enlarges to religious intolersnce racial intolerance and sexual intolerance. Eg southafrica . Meanmar muslims . Gremans and jews.trumpists and non trumpists . I fear the worlds gone mad. In a society whear we all feel free to express an opinion you dont have fear taking over"

Meanmar and the Gremans aside, I can't speak to anyone else but I feel very little fear about the current situation and I thoroughly embrace inclusivity... that is, everyone who can get vaccinated should get vaccinated and all of us will be able to get back to some form of normality. Everyone! Can't get more inclusive than that.

Tin town

"The world is getting crazy a culture of fear spred by the goverment is turning folks into a them and us society. If you look in history once fear takes hold and you get to them and us it starts small but enlarges to religious intolersnce racial intolerance and sexual intolerance. Eg southafrica . Meanmar muslims . Gremans and jews.trumpists and non trumpists . I fear the worlds gone mad. In a society whear we all feel free to express an opinion you dont have fear taking over"

That's a very good point. But a few things to consider. Is it really the govt "spreading fear" or is it the media and those with agendas? Let's be Frank... The govt haven't been able to open a bag of oranges properly yet so to suggest they have a coordinated plan to spread fear to some kind of end is laughable.

As for freedom to express opinions without fear.. There's been some good threads on here about that. I tend to agree with you but there are many who fear one person's opinion is another persons repression or insult or ism and should be legally prevented. Its a good debate.

Galway

Surely if you believe it does then you should have no problem with someone not taking it if they wish not to for whatever reason

You might consider educating yourself."

Oh please explain.

Galway

I understand many people don't think about anyone beyond themselves, but choosing not to take the vaccine affects other people. It is a community issue. "

How does it affect anyone if i don't take a vaccine. If the vaccine protects you then how does me not taking it affect you?

Manchester (she/her)

You might consider educating yourself.

Oh please explain. "

Herd immunity. Medical exemptions. Antigenic drift. Variants and antigenic escape.

There. Some keywords for you to do your own research.

Edinburgh

I understand many people don't think about anyone beyond themselves, but choosing not to take the vaccine affects other people. It is a community issue.

How does it affect anyone if i don't take a vaccine. If the vaccine protects you then how does me not taking it affect you? "

As was mentioned before, educate yourself. There's plenty of information out there from credible sources regarding vaccine impact and population coverage, and transmission etc. most of it should be fairly obvious even to... well, to anyone... and I've really not got the inclination to explain it all.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

How does it affect anyone if i don't take a vaccine. If the vaccine protects you then how does me not taking it affect you? "

Open Google, or a book, and do some very basic reading on vaccination, heard immunity, and how past pandemics resolved.

You Will have been taught in school but some people seem to forget even the most simple things they were taught in science lessons.

In this case it's rather simple. If you care at all about your fellow humans, take the vaccine. I did. Barely felt anything and went for a three hour walk right after.

So it's ok for people to have a go at others who refuse to wear masks???

it is in my book 100% okay! I confess I have been close to thumping some of the refusers I have met recently in queues at checkouts. You know the type

' It's alright ..I exempt!' showing no evidence of exemption or even trying to .

refuser= those who insist they don't have to wear face protection simply because they don't want to not because they are medically / psychologically unable to .. big difference

All this ' woke' stuff about what's right and wrong and being nice to eachother .. time we stopped . It is really very dangerous to allow things like this to go on ..

'So its okay to ... ?'

expecting it to be some kind of warning to someone not to actually speak their mind. That person then feels a pang of guilt over something ( which they shouldn't be doing in most cases ) and then change what they said just to keep everyone happy.

Its just reverse psychology though / guilt-tripping .. gone sadly are the days where a man could stand up and say what he felt to whoever he wished to about whatever he wished to.

there was a time where two men would argue, fall out punch each other a bit then wipe their mouths and have a pint .. I miss those days less psychology and more living life and I argue we were the better men for it!

Instead, now we have to hold it all in and deal with things in a nice passive-aggressive kind of way which I suggest is more detrimental than anything.

So again the short answer is .. yes it is alright to do that to people who refuse to wear a mask and frankly the same applies to those who won't do their humanitarian duty and have a vaccination when they are able to as well ! and those people without masks coughing and spluttering near my as Im trying to shop who I then see having a fag or on their vapes outside Sainsbury's saying they are ' exempt' are on borrowed time!

pint ?

"

Punch up first mucker

So much for free speech eh?

If it was a mask wearer banging on about non mask wearers no body would post about that.

As for making everybody watch the news why not have them strapped into a chair with their eyelids held open?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Is it a silly statement, no not when he's upsetting old people in a shop it's not."

What do you mean by old folk?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Maybe don't lecture cashiers on your views and you won't get silly statements made about you."

Was he lecturing?

Manchester (she/her)

"

Maybe don't lecture cashiers on your views and you won't get silly statements made about you.

Was he lecturing?"

That was my interpretation: I can't imagine the cashier cares about the person's views. I usually keep my conversation to pleasantries.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Was he lecturing?

That was my interpretation: I can't imagine the cashier cares about the person's views. I usually keep my conversation to pleasantries."

The cashier might....but if she wasn't, passing your view on doesn't mean people are lecturing.

What you talk about to cashiers to be fair is irrelevant

Manchester (she/her)

"

Was he lecturing?

That was my interpretation: I can't imagine the cashier cares about the person's views. I usually keep my conversation to pleasantries.

The cashier might....but if she wasn't, passing your view on doesn't mean people are lecturing.

What you talk about to cashiers to be fair is irrelevant"

True enough.

I think, better or worse, people will pass judgement on what others say - and that's natural. That's really all I was getting at.

Tin town

Probably worth taking a peak at the op again to see what was said. Lecturing or not.

By *r SchmoozeMan  over a year ago

Bristol

This.....

Nothing more to add....Lost my Mum in October to Covid...

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Classic divide and conquer manipulative technique.

Manchester (she/her)

"Classic divide and conquer manipulative technique. "

What, hearing someone say things and thinking ill of them?

Freedom of belief, I'd have thought.

Unless they are unable to and that’s where the issue lies, they don’t need to prove they’re unable to. No such thing as proof can't prove some one has or hasent got anxiety

You can be asked to show proof and if you can't then you can be refused entry to shop"

Tin town

"This.....

Nothing more to add....Lost my Mum in October to Covid..."

Sorry to hear that schmooze. I know how that feels. Makes it all a bit more relevant doesn't it.?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Probably worth taking a peak at the op again to see what was said. Lecturing or not. "

Not really, I had a question about the lecturing comment and not the OP

No he wasn't lecturing he was shouting loudly enough for the whole shop to hear him and people got upset no one was lecturing I just simply thought he shouldn't have upset the older folk in the shop.

How hard is it to understand this

"Classic divide and conquer manipulative technique. "

Not at all I actually care about people and seeing those old folk upset pissed me off

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

'So its okay to ... ?'

pint ?

"

Ok so next time somebody has a go at me for exercising my right not to wear a mask, i can feel like thumping them,,,,, ah i feel so much better now

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

You can be asked to show proof and if you can't then you can be refused entry to shop"

Not true, legally you're not allowed to ask for proof.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Even thickos like him get protected by the NHS, maybe we should send that bill to David Icke. Or D.Icke as he should bye called.

Next time he gets toothache, tell him it's fake tooth ache...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"No he wasn't lecturing he was shouting loudly enough for the whole shop to hear him and people got upset no one was lecturing I just simply thought he shouldn't have upset the older folk in the shop.

How hard is it to understand this"

What do you mean by upsetting the older folk? The swearing or the talking about the vaccine?

"No he wasn't lecturing he was shouting loudly enough for the whole shop to hear him and people got upset no one was lecturing I just simply thought he shouldn't have upset the older folk in the shop.

What do you mean by upsetting the older folk? The swearing or the talking about the vaccine?"

All of it one lady looked like she was going to cry

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

What do you mean by upsetting the older folk? The swearing or the talking about the vaccine? All of it one lady looked like she was going to cry"

Terrible behaviour. Should have more respect for others feelings xx

He sounds exasperated but no need to be that vocal. Also it's Not the law to wear a face mask in shops it's guidance and is at each stores discretion.

glasgow

What do you mean by upsetting the older folk? The swearing or the talking about the vaccine? All of it one lady looked like she was going to cry

Terrible behaviour. Should have more respect for others feelings xx"

And at the same time, there is always someone offended.

The old folk have had their vaxs...yes...what they worried about they are protected by it....

Or did i miss something.

It makes no odds to anyone else if they get the vax or not, it protects you! Herd immunity =65% vaxed

Are we just gonna draw a line down uk, stick vaxer & non vax'd (including those who cant)!

Please get a grip as some one said further up this has been rammed in our faces every min of every day for a year now! That is fear mongering, it is abuse (see domestic abuse particularly the mental abuse of how control is gained & kept by fear).

This is why china filters it media to what it wants its citz to see/hear! Forcing citizens is their forty too...just so ya remember.

Every channel both tv,radio, social media is covered in covid media.

I heard a woman this morn on a talk show say she handcuffs herself to her dog because she's that scared it will be stolen! (Following pages on social media keeps it in her face & drives the fear)

Also see - kids no longer playing on streets - maddie mccann

Ww2 - all started with simple divisions like this, forcing those different to wear a visual badge (a star), covid we have 2, not wearing a mask or a sunflower lanyard (both visual markers of different)

Black lives - had to reverse the stigma to be accepted (still not fulky acxepted)

Travellers/gypsies - same as all comminuities some good, some bad. No sites left cos they are all retail parks, no public facilities (toilets), cops force them to move in an hour or be towed (cant clean up then can ya) - see pontins release doc.

China - founded on fear

Russia - founded by fear

Most countries not in west -founded by fear!

Just take a look at what you are saying...dismissing free speech because some one may have got offended...

you cant please all of the people, all of the time.

Tin town

What do you mean by upsetting the older folk? The swearing or the talking about the vaccine? All of it one lady looked like she was going to cry

The old folk have had their vaxs...yes...what they worried about they are protected by it....

Or did i miss something.

It makes no odds to anyone else if they get the vax or not, it protects you! Herd immunity =65% vaxed

Are we just gonna draw a line down uk, stick vaxer & non vax'd (including those who cant)!

Please get a grip as some one said further up this has been rammed in our faces every min of every day for a year now! That is fear mongering, it is abuse (see domestic abuse particularly the mental abuse of how control is gained & kept by fear).

This is why china filters it media to what it wants its citz to see/hear! Forcing citizens is their forty too...just so ya remember.

I heard a woman this morn on a talk show say she handcuffs herself to her dog because she's that scared it will be stolen! (Following pages on social media keeps it in her face & drives the fear)

Ww2 - all started with simple divisions like this, forcing those different to wear a visual badge (a star), covid we have 2, not wearing a mask or a sunflower lanyard (both visual markers of different)

Black lives - had to reverse the stigma to be accepted (still not fulky acxepted)

Travellers/gypsies - same as all comminuities some good, some bad. No sites left cos they are all retail parks, no public facilities (toilets), cops force them to move in an hour or be towed (cant clean up then can ya) - see pontins release doc.

China - founded on fear

Russia - founded by fear

Just take a look at what you are saying...dismissing free speech because some one may have got offended...

you cant please all of the people, all of the time. "

Some of that... Maybe even all of that could be true. Still doesn't mean some thoughtless bully should be shouting at a shop assistant about things which any half wit knows are very inflammatory. He can say what he feels he needs to say without being provocative. If it had been my mother he was upsetting I'd have been upset with the chap.

Or did i miss something.

China - founded on fear

Russia - founded by fear

Some of that... Maybe even all of that could be true. Still doesn't mean some thoughtless bully should be shouting at a shop assistant about things which any half wit knows are very inflammatory. He can say what he feels he needs to say without being provocative. If it had been my mother he was upsetting I'd have been upset with the chap. "

Lets see when it comes to holidays and countries are requiring a vaccine certificate how quickly people will get one.. it may not be this country but if Spain or Portugal require you to have had vaccine or you can not go then it will be interesting..

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Or did i miss something.

China - founded on fear

Russia - founded by fear

Some of that... Maybe even all of that could be true. Still doesn't mean some thoughtless bully should be shouting at a shop assistant about things which any half wit knows are very inflammatory. He can say what he feels he needs to say without being provocative. If it had been my mother he was upsetting I'd have been upset with the chap. "

Or did i miss something.

China - founded on fear

Russia - founded by fear

you cant please all of the people, all of the time. "

Free speech or not it is just not nice, a lot of people have been majorly affected by all this.

Never said anything about pleasing people he just shouldn't have upset people.

"

Free speech or not it is just not nice, a lot of people have been majorly affected by all this.

Never said anything about pleasing people he just shouldn't have upset people."

So we can have free speech as long as it doesn't upset anybody?

"

So we can have free speech as long as it doesn't upset anybody?"

No not at all just think he should have talked a bit quieter is all

"How does it affect anyone if i don't take a vaccine. If the vaccine protects you then how does me not taking it affect you? "

If you don't take the vaccine, and then you catch covid, it has a far higher chance of mutating while you're carrying it, and for the new mutant strain that you've created to pass on to others.

This is how the new strains have come about: they've each come from someone who caught the virus, inside whose body it mutated. There is no reason to think that it wouldn't do that while you were carrying it.

So, if you're vaccinated, your immune system is MUCH more able to disarm the virus if (or when) you come into contact with it, before it has a chance to mutate.

You also *might* die or suffer debilitating physical effects from covid if you catch it. If you have the vaccine, those effects are much less likely to occur.

So, your question ("how does it affect *you* if *I* don't have the vaccine?") Has a couple of strong answers: if you don't take the vaccine, you might become very ill (and possibly die), which obviously affects all the people who know and love you, and/or you might unwittingly create a new strain, which, as we've seen many times now, could cause whole countries to get locked down again. Oh and your new variant might kill 100,000 people.

I honestly don't understand why anybody wouldn't have the vaccine, unless they were extremely prone to anaphylaxis, which seems to be the only reason for not having it.

I have a friend who brags to anyone who will listen that he's not having the jab.

I tell him he just makes himself look like a dick announcing that at every opportunity.

Those of us who don't want to have it for whatever reason don't need to announce it -

nobody bloody cares if we has it or not!!

Some people think that are clever not having it.

Probably because it's still in the trail trial period.

Check it out for yourself. I've never refused a vaccine in my life, until now. Not taking it until 2023 that's when trial ends

Manchester (she/her)

"

Free speech has nothing to do with this.

Legally he may say it. That's free speech. He would not be prosecuted for what he said.

The episode sounded like bad manners, at least. People "should" behave civilly in public, even if they won't be arrested for not doing so.

Tin town

"

Legally he may say it. That's free speech. He would not be prosecuted for what he said.

The episode sounded like bad manners, at least. People "should" behave civilly in public, even if they won't be arrested for not doing so."

What a bizarre society we have become, firstly where said orator felt it was OK to go out of his way to upset strangers and then secondly to have people strongly defending his right to behave like a thoughtless oaf and then thirdly to have to explain in baby language why that's not a way we behave when we are grown ups. Bizarre.

Manchester (she/her)

"

The episode sounded like bad manners, at least. People "should" behave civilly in public, even if they won't be arrested for not doing so.

What a bizarre society we have become, firstly where said orator felt it was OK to go out of his way to upset strangers and then secondly to have people strongly defending his right to behave like a thoughtless oaf and then thirdly to have to explain in baby language why that's not a way we behave when we are grown ups. Bizarre. "

Bizarre is exactly it.

glasgow

"How does it affect anyone if i don't take a vaccine. If the vaccine protects you then how does me not taking it affect you?

If you don't take the vaccine, and then you catch covid, it has a far higher chance of mutating while you're carrying it, and for the new mutant strain that you've created to pass on to others.

This is how the new strains have come about: they've each come from someone who caught the virus, inside whose body it mutated. There is no reason to think that it wouldn't do that while you were carrying it.

So, if you're vaccinated, your immune system is MUCH more able to disarm the virus if (or when) you come into contact with it, before it has a chance to mutate.

You also *might* die or suffer debilitating physical effects from covid if you catch it. If you have the vaccine, those effects are much less likely to occur.

So, your question ("how does it affect *you* if *I* don't have the vaccine?") Has a couple of strong answers: if you don't take the vaccine, you might become very ill (and possibly die), which obviously affects all the people who know and love you, and/or you might unwittingly create a new strain, which, as we've seen many times now, could cause whole countries to get locked down again. Oh and your new variant might kill 100,000 people.

I honestly don't understand why anybody wouldn't have the vaccine, unless they were extremely prone to anaphylaxis, which seems to be the only reason for not having it."

problem is that these are unseen and uncontrollable things that happen in nature, even with a vaccine you get variants as you do with no vax or having anitibodies...you cannot stop it entirely and I will not hide away for ever because of something I cannot control!

I can control my own movements, hygiene and interactions but I cannot control what a micro organism does inside my body EVER! no body can!

as for someone not wanting the vaccine, given this guy takes tests he's obviously well aware of what covid does, the difference is his opinion on what is best practice.

masks have always been questions for many reasons, many them not being used properly by reusing them, using the same one all day/days on end, in multiple places, taking on and off, not sterilizing them before reuse, not washing hands after touching them, proper disposal (not on the damn street!)

not being fit for covid (says so on the box).

the vast majority do not use them properly nor are most fit for purpose (covid) so they are just a false sense of security. I can see his point of view.

as for him being loud...Brian Blessed for instance have a very loud booming voice....he cannot help it, mine is loud because I spent most of my time giving teaching instructions over distance, hooves, wind and rain. it's not done intentionally.

I have 2 volumes loud (to everyone else) & silent, there's no in between

stafford

'So its okay to ... ?'

pint ?

Ok so next time somebody has a go at me for exercising my right not to wear a mask, i can feel like thumping them,,,,, ah i feel so much better now "

You could try .. but I would say you would be in the minority!

if you are not allergic, have medical reasons then frankly you haven't got a ' right' as far as I'm concerned .. because by doingh what you do you take away my right to live a healthy life.. the questioin is who is the more selfish and which action if reversed would benefit society more ?

last year while waiting for a bus a man at the bus stop starting ranting and raving at myself and another man there.we both had our masks on,and the man was being abusive for no reason.asking us to take off our masks and that we were total idiots for wearing them.the abusive man didnt have a mask on.Me and the other man moved away from the abusive man who eventually moved on to another bus stop still ranting.

glasgow

I see the direct above as abuse (because it is) however by the sounds of it the guy op mentions was having a discussion (albeit loudly) and voicing his opinion on the subject, nor undermining covid & he wasn't being abusive to anyone directly.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So from the OP people have decided the man is a bully and lecturing people while scaring old folk.

No matter what someone was ranting about in a shop, I am sure old folk have seen it before in their lifetime

To the OP, if I was the shop worker I wouldn't have reacted either when someone was having a rant, for whatever reason but I do think even if you think he went the wrong way about it, he is entitled to say what he thinks. He didn't aim abuse at anyone , he sounds like he just very loudy gave his view as if he thought people wanted to hear it

By *eepBlackHole69Woman  over a year ago

U.K

"last year while waiting for a bus a man at the bus stop starting ranting and raving at myself and another man there.we both had our masks on,and the man was being abusive for no reason.asking us to take off our masks and that we were total idiots for wearing them.the abusive man didnt have a mask on.Me and the other man moved away from the abusive man who eventually moved on to another bus stop still ranting. "

Would it be classed as “ranting and raving” if he had a mask on, but was having a go at someone who wasn’t wearing a mask?

Would you feel like he was being “abusive” if he told someone to put on a mask and that they were total idiots for not wearing them.

Or is it just a problem as you don’t agree with his opinion?

Manchester (she/her)

"last year while waiting for a bus a man at the bus stop starting ranting and raving at myself and another man there.we both had our masks on,and the man was being abusive for no reason.asking us to take off our masks and that we were total idiots for wearing them.the abusive man didnt have a mask on.Me and the other man moved away from the abusive man who eventually moved on to another bus stop still ranting.

Would it be classed as “ranting and raving” if he had a mask on, but was having a go at someone who wasn’t wearing a mask?

Would you feel like he was being “abusive” if he told someone to put on a mask and that they were total idiots for not wearing them.

"

We'll of course interpret things through our own bias. That's natural.

Security kicked him out. Apparently he does it every day, Waits at one of the entrances and has a go at people wearing masks. Nutter."

Probably a jehovas witness on his day off lol

Tin town

"last year while waiting for a bus a man at the bus stop starting ranting and raving at myself and another man there.we both had our masks on,and the man was being abusive for no reason.asking us to take off our masks and that we were total idiots for wearing them.the abusive man didnt have a mask on.Me and the other man moved away from the abusive man who eventually moved on to another bus stop still ranting.

"

It seems we are prepared to defend everyones right to do anything and everything apart from the normal everyday people who just want to stay healthy, go about their business peacefully, not break any laws and rinse and repeat the next day.

By *uma69Man  over a year ago

stockport

No it's not law its legislation only shops that say its mandatory are breaking the law as some people are exempt from wearing g them

Manchester (she/her)

No it's not law its legislation only shops that say its mandatory are breaking the law as some people are exempt from wearing g them "

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/legislation/#:~:text=Legislation%20is%20a%20law%20or,of%20making%20a%20new%20law.

"Legislation is a law or a set of laws that have been passed by Parliament. The word is also used to describe the act of making a new law."

So... It's not a law, it's a law?

stockport

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

All the info is above

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

[Removed by poster at 05/03/21 11:41:58]

stockport

No it's not law its legislation only shops that say its mandatory are breaking the law as some people are exempt from wearing g them

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/legislation/#:~:text=Legislation%20is%20a%20law%20or,of%20making%20a%20new%20law.

"Legislation is a law or a set of laws that have been passed by Parliament. The word is also used to describe the act of making a new law."

"

Maritime law or common law

Manchester (she/her)

Maritime law or common law "

Well, it's not related to the sea. And common law is carried down by the courts.

But fortunately parliament passes laws which are every bit as binding

stockport

Well, it's not related to the sea. And common law is carried down by the courts.

But fortunately parliament passes laws which are every bit as binding "

Correct and every law that comes out of parliament is maritime law

And there should be a referendum to pass said laws either way it's all bs

Manchester (she/her)

But fortunately parliament passes laws which are every bit as binding

Correct and every law that comes out of parliament is maritime law

And there should be a referendum to pass said laws either way it's all bs "

Parliament passes maritime laws and all the other types of laws. Which all bind you.

A referendum on public health? Lol

Manchester (she/her)

"https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

All the info is above "

"Premises where face coverings are required should take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law."

stockport

"https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

All the info is above

"Premises where face coverings are required should take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law.""

I'm exempt ok and I dont agree with you at all on this

Manchester (she/her)

All the info is above

"Premises where face coverings are required should take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law."

"

You may or may not be exempt, it's not my place to say, but, from what you cite yourself: any place where masks are mandated, the staff have a duty to ensure that the law is complied with.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"

Just ignore them, more to be pitied than scolded.

I don't care what anyone thinks as long as they don't shove it in my face.

Another subject but similar to said person trying to express his views without invitation.

At airport checking in, minding my own business, guy at counter giving lady a tough time about delay and his important business meeting etc. after brow beating the lady on check in he turned around and explained to all in ear shot his problems with a smug grin on his face, knowing well the poor lady couldn't say too much.

I did tell him the lovely lady behind the check in counter had to be pleasant to him, but I didn't, so move along and act your age and not your shoe size and if you were such an important businessman you'd be boarding a Gulfstream not an Easyjet...probably not technically true, but had the desired effect.

Just ignore them, more to be pitied than scolded.

I don't care what anyone thinks as long as they don't shove it in my face.

Another subject but similar to said person trying to express his views without invitation.

At airport checking in, minding my own business, guy at counter giving lady a tough time about delay and his important business meeting etc. after brow beating the lady on check in he turned around and explained to all in ear shot his problems with a smug grin on his face, knowing well the poor lady couldn't say too much.

I did tell him the lovely lady behind the check in counter had to be pleasant to him, but I didn't, so move along and act your age and not your shoe size and if you were such an important businessman you'd be boarding a Gulfstream not an Easyjet...probably not technically true, but had the desired effect.

"

Nice

glasgow

All the info is above

You may or may not be exempt, it's not my place to say, but, from what you cite yourself: any place where masks are mandated, the staff have a duty to ensure that the law is complied with. "

and they are because they legally cannot challenge anyone pas the point of the word "exempt" because as told to you many times it breeds discrimination and segregation.

Those are very easy to do to the point kids do it in the playground to the ki that is just different.

why? because they fear and do not understand them. it's the exact same here except the difference/segregating method is those with or without masks.

we had to stop the forceful attempts of MAKING people wear a badge or sunflower lanyard for exactly this reason.

if you want the extreme end of this check the nazi's making jews with yellow stars..same thing, visibly marking someone as different. it is the exact same with vaccine passport, legal cannot be done for domestic uses.

now if they do that on their own that is their choice.

glasgow

" move along and act your age and not your shoe size

"

I don't know how this age acts, I've never been this age before

plus ADHD can make you emotionally younger by up to 20 years so i'm still variable!

Manchester (she/her)

All the info is above

You may or may not be exempt, it's not my place to say, but, from what you cite yourself: any place where masks are mandated, the staff have a duty to ensure that the law is complied with.

and they are because they legally cannot challenge anyone pas the point of the word "exempt" because as told to you many times it breeds discrimination and segregation.

Those are very easy to do to the point kids do it in the playground to the ki that is just different.

why? because they fear and do not understand them. it's the exact same here except the difference/segregating method is those with or without masks.

we had to stop the forceful attempts of MAKING people wear a badge or sunflower lanyard for exactly this reason.

if you want the extreme end of this check the nazi's making jews with yellow stars..same thing, visibly marking someone as different. it is the exact same with vaccine passport, legal cannot be done for domestic uses.

"

The original point I was responding to was the idea that face covering laws were not law. They clearly are, as shown from the government site that the poster himself cited.

The fact that exemptions exist does not make it not law. It makes it more challenging to enforce in a sensitive manner. It doesn't mean that it's not law.

(If exemptions invalidate law, does that mean murder is legal? Self defence exists as a defence)

The issue of delicately handling confidential medical or disability information cannot be conflated with "vaccine passports", which are about choices individuals make.

Any of this is as comparable to the Holocaust as Christchurch, New Zealand is within walking distance of Helsinki, Finland.

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"this is one of the drawbacks of having the societal safety net of wetherspoons shut down. "

He,he. Liked this one! Although I must admit to liking some of the wetherspoons. You just have to be a bit choosy in your selection?

Manchester (she/her)

"this is one of the drawbacks of having the societal safety net of wetherspoons shut down.

He,he. Liked this one! Although I must admit to liking some of the wetherspoons. You just have to be a bit choosy in your selection?"

It's an anonymous place to meet Fab people

"

He exercised his right to free speech. The OP exercised her right to have an opinion on what he said in public on a matter that impacts the community.

Manchester (she/her)

"

He exercised his right to free speech. The OP exercised her right to have an opinion on what he said in public on a matter that impacts the community. "

Tin town

Maritime law or common law "

Mother in law.

By *ornytoad1362Couple  over a year ago

St. Austell

that male should have been asked to leave the store simple !!

Tin town

All the info is above

"

Yep a mask to help to control a pandemic is just the same as the nazis making Jews wear stars...! Where to you have the chutzpah to come out with this drivel?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Mother in law. "

Maybe Bonar Law or perhaps Traprain Law?

So many different laws I'm not surprised that the the intellectually challenged find it a struggle.

It's amazing that 'loran dorder' is maintained at all.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Sounds horrible...so many people having end of tether meltdowns these days but still no excuse for abuse "

It would never happen in knutsford

Tin town

"Sounds horrible...so many people having end of tether meltdowns these days but still no excuse for abuse

It would never happen in knutsford "

Is that where Tuna Turner lived? Knutsford City limits?

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"

Mother in law.

So many different laws I'm not surprised that the the intellectually challenged find it a struggle.

It's amazing that 'loran dorder' is maintained at all."

It is ironic that the British

who ruled over one third of the world allow themselves to be pushed around by an army of ill-mannered obtuse jobsworth spouting Govt propaganda. The communist village political Kommisars making sure that everybody follows the latest diktat that issues from the lips of our version of Uncle Joe.

Tin town

"

Mother in law.

who ruled over one third of the world allow themselves to be pushed around by an army of ill-mannered obtuse jobsworth spouting Govt propaganda. The communist village political Kommisars making sure that everybody follows the latest diktat that issues from the lips of our version of Uncle Joe. "

The tory govt are communists now?

Manchester (she/her)

"

Mother in law.

who ruled over one third of the world allow themselves to be pushed around by an army of ill-mannered obtuse jobsworth spouting Govt propaganda. The communist village political Kommisars making sure that everybody follows the latest diktat that issues from the lips of our version of Uncle Joe.

The tory govt are communists now? "

I think communist has become "people we don't like".

I don't know about you, but where I come from, words mean things.

Tin town

"

Mother in law.

I don't know about you, but where I come from, words mean things."

Yes and the order you join them all together in... Or you can just sick up a thesaurus of words conveying passion for something.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Mother in law.

I don't know about you, but where I come from, words mean things.

Yes and the order you join them all together in... Or you can just sick up a thesaurus of words conveying passion for something."

Welcome to the post truth world

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Lou x "

Or the company they work for tells them, no vaccine = no job. I know a few companies that have done this, the stubborn staff have soon changed their minds.

Manchester (she/her)

Lou x

Or the company they work for tells them, no vaccine = no job. I know a few companies that have done this, the stubborn staff have soon changed their minds."

As has been noted several times in this forum section, that will have to be tested in the tribunal.

stockport

Yay I'm back lol

Gov site I cited go back and read it the guidelines states you only have to wear a mask when social distancing can not be done

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Lou x

Or the company they work for tells them, no vaccine = no job. I know a few companies that have done this, the stubborn staff have soon changed their minds.

As has been noted several times in this forum section, that will have to be tested in the tribunal. "

A friend works for a company that deals with employment law, things are changing regardless of if people like it or not.

Manchester (she/her)

Lou x

As has been noted several times in this forum section, that will have to be tested in the tribunal.

A friend works for a company that deals with employment law, things are changing regardless of if people like it or not."

That's been my sense of it, yes. I'm not involved, but I've read several "lawyer insight" pages on employment law re vaccines, and the tone has changed a lot recently.

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Late again.

Since when did we become so opinionated in this country? We used to be live and let live now everyone seems as argumentative as a d*unk at closing time Where's the care for another human and the respect? I fear hiding anonymously behind a keyboard and lacking any humanity filter is bringing out the worst in people a bit like the stupidity expressed on both sides over brexit.

Please people calm down and try to be nice to each other!

Stsay safe all

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

"

Ahh yes, Darwinism at its best. Knew one of them in the first lockdown, bolshy gobshite in his 70's. He didn't need to wear a mask for the the second or third lockdown, thankfully the initial covid outbreak saw to that.

There are those heavily relying on that we 'may' achieve some herd immunity, one, it is not guaranteed and two, they will still catch it and will suffer badly or mortally.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Ahh yes, Darwinism at its best. Knew one of them in the first lockdown, bolshy gobshite in his 70's. He didn't need to wear a mask for the the second or third lockdown, thankfully the initial covid outbreak saw to that.

"

No one wore masks in the first lockdown. We weren't even advised to wear them until mid May. They became compulsory in supermarkets 24 July.

I think the issue is he was giving an unpopular opinion on something that the people around him at that moment feel very differently about.

Vaccination isn't mandatory. He's quite within his rights to not have it.

He may not wear a mask and it's choice too. Yes it's guidance and for most people the right thing to do. However anyone can walk in to a shop without one and say they are exempt.

I don't deny covid exists, I've had it. I'm certainly not trivialising the loss of lives because of it. I wear my mask and I follow the guidance. I do however question the way the government has communicated and used fear as a tool for compliance.

Lou x "

Yep, Boris and The Donald thought the same, until they got it.

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

Watch out for the next pandemic - mental health.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Like someone said earlier, you need to educate yourself before posting stupid comments

By *rMrs84Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

proof is hard though for some of the reasons.

That said Mrs is exempt on a few reasons and wears her fucking mask proudly.

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching and potentially transmitting the virus to other people. It's there to hopefully prevent the virus from killing you and making you seriously ill.

Therefore mask wearing, routine testing, distancing in public places etc is unlikely to go away anytime soon.

Sadly the lack of compassion, kindness and respect of people who might make different choices is also unlikely to go away either

"

Did you raise your concerns in the shop?

Or just here on fabswingers?

» Add a new message to this topic