FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Cyprus to allow vaccinated Britons to holiday . . .

Cyprus to allow vaccinated Britons to holiday . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/cyprus-to-allow-vaccinated-britons-into-the-country-without-restrictions-from-1-may-12236183

"COVID-19: Cyprus to allow vaccinated Britons to holiday in the country without restrictions from 1 May

Those hoping for a holiday in the sun will need to have had both doses of a vaccine but will not have to provide a negative test."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That rules me put I think not even had first one yet. Lovr potarus as well....

Yay

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

That's good news, let's hope other countries do the same obviously we can't travel at least, until the 17th.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Was meant to be there this past winter, so hope to get in later this year. It seems a good positive signal, especially as there's news that the UK may finish vaccinationa a month early too.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

They need the tourist dollar !

It’s not getting to Cyprus that’s the problem, it’s getting back into the U.K. after your hols

Fantastic for Cyprus and I’m sure the 85 yr olds that have had both vacs enjoy there holiday...

Governments around the World need to live with COVID and shield the vulnerable.

Let life get back to normal...

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 05/03/21 08:51:54]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I think that there will be less tourism this year, cos if the new measures.

By *idsguy4funMan  over a year ago

Lingfield

This doesn't stop those who have had the vaccine carrying the virus to Cyprus though! It just helps prevent the vaccinated from getting ill

[Removed by poster at 05/03/21 09:12:11]

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

I think it would be a good incentive, but I disagree with travellers not having to provide a negative test before travel (unless anyone can enlighten me as to whether being vaccinated would affect the effectiveness of Covid tests?).

Obviously the vaccine does not stop you from catching or spreading Covid, and with how quickly the virus is mutating, you could aid the spread of multiple new variants that may not be affected by the vaccine...

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"This doesn't stop those who have had the vaccine carrying the virus to Cyprus though! It just helps prevent the vaccinated from getting ill"

Hopefully the Cypriots will be vaccinated by then too.

By *uma69Man  over a year ago

stockport

Vaccine passports no thank you

I'd rather stay where I am than get jabbed

Although the data is suggesting that this may well not be the case.. so not an irribbutable comment that you will still spread covid..let's wait for the full facts before we make a judgement on transmission...and hope for everyone sake that the early indications are positive as this will be a massive game changer

And at the end of the day..if another country makes a decision no amount of arguments we have here will make a difference

stockport

It's not going to change a thing

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"It's not going to change a thing

"

What isn't ?

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

They may be letting us in, but our current laws don’t let us out in the first place and won’t till may at the earliest ..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good for Cyprus

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Vaccine passports no thank you

I'd rather stay where I am than get jabbed "

I think you will get your wish.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

No jab no Jollies (abroad at least )

It is a choice a lot of people are going to need to make. Makes sense to me and it helps whichever country people are planning on visiting ..

stockport

I think you will get your wish."

It wasnt a wish I was stating that I'm not having an experimental gene therapy jab I mean vaccine to be able to travel

I'll take the very high odds of survival rather than a jab that's been rushed out which says alot considering I'm at high risk

Shame as it rules out families travelling - I would prefer PCR testing at airports plus 5 days later to allow children to travel.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"https://news.sky.com/story/cyprus-to-allow-vaccinated-britons-into-the-country-without-restrictions-from-1-may-12236183

"COVID-19: Cyprus to allow vaccinated Britons to holiday in the country without restrictions from 1 May

Those hoping for a holiday in the sun will need to have had both doses of a vaccine but will not have to provide a negative test."

"

Sounds good to me expect this everywhere to be honest

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Shame as it rules out families travelling - I would prefer PCR testing at airports plus 5 days later to allow children to travel."

Always likely to be the case and realistically for this year most of the individuals 65 and under.

stockport

It is a choice a lot of people are going to need to make. Makes sense to me and it helps whichever country people are planning on visiting ..

"

Makes sense to get a jab for something you have over a 99% chance of surviving from

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Shame as it rules out families travelling - I would prefer PCR testing at airports plus 5 days later to allow children to travel."

It's not clear if it rules out children if their parents had the vaccine. None of the Covid vaccines are licensed for children so to insist on children being vaccinated would be impossible.

stockport

PCR test what the ones that give false positives

The ones that the inventor said it should never be used on viruses

The ones that have driven up the false stats and locked the country down

North West

"Shame as it rules out families travelling - I would prefer PCR testing at airports plus 5 days later to allow children to travel.

"

Everything you stated in this post is patently and demonstrably false

stockport

"Shame as it rules out families travelling - I would prefer PCR testing at airports plus 5 days later to allow children to travel.

It's not clear if it rules out children if their parents had the vaccine. None of the Covid vaccines are licensed for children so to insist on children being vaccinated would be impossible."

Quess what none of the vaccines have been licensed for use on adults either or have the FDA licensed and approved them safe for use now and not just emergency use

Well done its suposed to be a free country that 2 wars were fought for and alough im not anti vaxer i too belive its not proven safe as yet

stockport

"Well done its suposed to be a free country that 2 wars were fought for and alough im not anti vaxer i too belive its not proven safe as yet "

Its suppose to be yes can you go and tell these fuck wits in charge

Makes sense to get a jab for something you have over a 99% chance of surviving from "

Tell that to my cousin who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my son's mother in law who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my daughter's best friend, who no longer has a dad because of COVID. I'm absolutely certain they would listen intently to your ramblings!!

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Think both our holidays for this year are going same way as last year .not had our first jab yet .annoying as so many I know younger with no medical issues have been done around me ??

stockport

Makes sense to get a jab for something you have over a 99% chance of surviving from

Tell that to my cousin who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my son's mother in law who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my daughter's best friend, who no longer has a dad because of COVID. I'm absolutely certain they would listen intently to your ramblings!!"

I'm sorry for anyone who has lost a loved one in these times but the percentages are the goverment figures not mine

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Wow, who knew there were so many immunologists/epidemiologists that were also swingers!? Someone needs to tell the WHO to sign up to Fabs, all the answers are right here on the forum

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Makes sense to get a jab for something you have over a 99% chance of surviving from "

Actually lot more than 99% if your under 50

By *ommo60Man  over a year ago

STOCKPORT

Cyprus will let anybody in ..just like Greece..because they are nearly bankrupt they are desperate for the money.. they don't give a shit about their people...or any other nationality for that matter..big mistake..and time will show..once again..wealth before health.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well done its suposed to be a free country that 2 wars were fought for and alough im not anti vaxer i too belive its not proven safe as yet "

The UK is a free country.

We're talking about what Cyprus will do, as a free country.

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Makes sense to get a jab for something you have over a 99% chance of surviving from Actually lot more than 99% if your under 50"

Anyone know the percentage chance of a hospital admission progressing to discharge after at least one nights care?

stockport

"Wow, who knew there were so many immunologists/epidemiologists that were also swingers!? Someone needs to tell the WHO to sign up to Fabs, all the answers are right here on the forum "

Lmfao WHO who's kidding who here

Birmingham

But you can’t know that or the chance of people you may infect dying...if it was only me that suffered then maybe, but it isn’t.

Manchester (she/her)

But you can’t know that or the chance of people you may infect dying...if it was only me that suffered then maybe, but it isn’t."

I might take my chances. I don't want to inflict it on others, or risk my infection evading the vaccine.

Birmingham

It's not clear if it rules out children if their parents had the vaccine. None of the Covid vaccines are licensed for children so to insist on children being vaccinated would be impossible.

Quess what none of the vaccines have been licensed for use on adults either or have the FDA licensed and approved them safe for use now and not just emergency use "

Approved is approved...

Central

"Fantastic for Cyprus and I’m sure the 85 yr olds that have had both vacs enjoy there holiday...

Let life get back to normal..."

You want the vulnerable shielded and no restrictions, irrespective of the harm to others, the implications for everyone else?

Manchester (she/her)

"Fantastic for Cyprus and I’m sure the 85 yr olds that have had both vacs enjoy there holiday...

You want the vulnerable shielded and no restrictions, irrespective of the harm to others, the implications for everyone else? "

This has been argued here for at least nine months.

Although I'd say imprisoned rather than shielded. The vulnerable would be forced to imprison themselves

Central

Irrespective of the harm to others and yourself? You don't have vaccines and approved medical treatment?

Central

"They may be letting us in, but our current laws don’t let us out in the first place and won’t till may at the earliest .."

It does not take immediate effect, it's a May onwards, proposal. The earliest date for potential English travelling is May 17th. They may still test on arrival l, they have stated. The full, official details will have to be worked out. And England still has a large infection volume and other potential lockdown easing stages/dates to pass through, that are not definite at present. If the infection levels stay as a problem, we may not be able to travel this summer. The announcement is a best case optimistic plan, that is some possible good news.

Central

"

Totally incorrect. You are posting a lot of troubling nonsense that is alarming. If you fact check the PCR test accuracy levels, you will see how it supports the governments worldwide to manage its citizens' health.

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

Tell that to my cousin who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my son's mother in law who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my daughter's best friend, who no longer has a dad because of COVID. I'm absolutely certain they would listen intently to your ramblings!!"

The death rate, even with the crooks in westminster playing with the figures, is less than the bad flu winter of 2008.

By *estriancdtopTV/TS  over a year ago

chester

There’s not point of vaccine passports as being vaccinated doesn’t prevent you spreading it merely provides a false sense of security

But how big would the death rate have been if we had not all locked down...not only from COVID "related" deaths but from the total implosion of the NHS which has struggled to keep a lid on the 'other' things that kill us even with lockdown... but at the end of the day, this thread is about travel to Cyprus with a vaccine..

and as people have rightly pointed out..this is a choice issue and whichever way you choose it comes with consequences that you have to take into account ...

Melksham

Everything you stated in this post is patently and demonstrably false "

You need to do some research first as he is 100% correct.

'Kary Mullis, who received the Nobel Prize for inventing the PCR manufacturing technique, is reported to have said that it was for research purposes only and not for medical diagnosis'

Printed in the BMJ

stockport

Tell that to my cousin who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my son's mother in law who is now a widow because of COVID, or tell it to my daughter's best friend, who no longer has a dad because of COVID. I'm absolutely certain they would listen intently to your ramblings!!

The death rate, even with the crooks in westminster playing with the figures, is less than the bad flu winter of 2008."

Correct death within 28 days of a positive test they want to apply the same to vaers

By *ildOne7Man  over a year ago

Bangor

Awesome, coercion to take a experimental gene therapy which doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Browsing villa holidays I'd be booking now, but looking and day dreaming instead. Whilst this virus is still at pandemic levels and I can't visit family, my sister lives in Italy and they've closed the schools again after two weeks of opening and are back in partial lockdown, I'll remain in Blighty!

"There’s not point of vaccine passports as being vaccinated doesn’t prevent you spreading it merely provides a false sense of security "

You can't make that statement yet..although you may be correct... the current data "suggests" and I emphasis the suggest as it is work in progress, that it may reduce spreading...

As for a false sense of security... Well even if it does not spread it definitely protects so someone vaccinated will have the right to feel a sense of relief...but that is there choice

Melksham

"But how big would the death rate have been if we had not all locked down...not only from COVID "related" deaths but from the total implosion of the NHS which has struggled to keep a lid on the 'other' things that kill us even with lockdown... but at the end of the day, this thread is about travel to Cyprus with a vaccine..

and as people have rightly pointed out..this is a choice issue and whichever way you choose it comes with consequences that you have to take into account ... "

Its doubtful it would have been any higher than it is now, which around the normal + or - 5% of the average death rate. This is due to the increase in deaths at home due to specialist wards being closed so lack of treatment & increased suicides to name but two causes.

Have a look at the Office Of National Statistics for a clearer picture of what is going on.

Also the World Health Organisation, the have a section just for flu. According to this graph there have been no cases of flu anywhere in the workd since last June, strange that!

Birmingham

"Awesome, coercion to take a experimental gene therapy which doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on."

Except it isn’t gene therapy & there is no coercion..

I wonder how many of the antivaxer's and COVID denying Fab members, will admit on here to having the vaccine in order to go on holidays should vaccination proof become a requirement? Not many I'm guessing, probably just have it and keep their heads down.

Manchester (she/her)

"Awesome, coercion to take a experimental gene therapy which doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on."

Awesome, countries protecting their citizens

"But how big would the death rate have been if we had not all locked down...not only from COVID "related" deaths but from the total implosion of the NHS which has struggled to keep a lid on the 'other' things that kill us even with lockdown... but at the end of the day, this thread is about travel to Cyprus with a vaccine..

and as people have rightly pointed out..this is a choice issue and whichever way you choose it comes with consequences that you have to take into account ...

Its doubtful it would have been any higher than it is now, which around the normal + or - 5% of the average death rate. This is due to the increase in deaths at home due to specialist wards being closed so lack of treatment & increased suicides to name but two causes.

Have a look at the Office Of National Statistics for a clearer picture of what is going on.

Also the World Health Organisation, the have a section just for flu. According to this graph there have been no cases of flu anywhere in the workd since last June, strange that!"

maybe covid destroyed the flu virus or maybe we were all wearing masks.. covid is obviously more virulent than influenza

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"Cyprus will let anybody in ..just like Greece..because they are nearly bankrupt they are desperate for the money.. they don't give a shit about their people...or any other nationality for that matter..big mistake..and time will show..once again..wealth before health."

You can go to Greece now if your a resident over there and to do so you have to have a negative test result before you climb onto a plane then you get tested when you land and then you self isolate for 10 days and then you have to take another test to prove your negative and after all of that you have a 6 or 9pm curfew depending where you are in Greece.. oh plus if you want to go shopping you have to download an app and if your out longer that 2hrs it's a €300 fine.

So yep Greece is doing wealth before health

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

with you zillions percent this is the biggest con in history

Melksham

"I wonder how many of the antivaxer's and COVID denying Fab members, will admit on here to having the vaccine in order to go on holidays should vaccination proof become a requirement? Not many I'm guessing, probably just have it and keep their heads down."

I will be happy to holiday in Cornwall.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

The death rate, even with the crooks in westminster playing with the figures, is less than the bad flu winter of 2008."

How about the other 2.57 million deaths worldwide so far ?

Birmingham

Let life get back to normal...with you zillions percent this is the biggest con in history "

Why?

Melksham

Also the World Health Organisation, the have a section just for flu. According to this graph there have been no cases of flu anywhere in the workd since last June, strange that!

maybe covid destroyed the flu virus or maybe we were all wearing masks.. covid is obviously more virulent than influenza "

You should work for the crooks in westminster or the bbc, or maybe you do?

Flu, the common cold and seasonal respiratory diseases are all from the sars-cov-2 family.

Do you really think that flu has disappeard?

Please do some research

Well you can't tell the government of Cyprus what to think so we will all wave at you from our sunny beach loungers have fun in Bognor

d

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"Well you can't tell the government of Cyprus what to think so we will all wave at you from our sunny beach loungers have fun in Bognor

d"

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Cyprus will let anybody in ..just like Greece..because they are nearly bankrupt they are desperate for the money.. they don't give a shit about their people...or any other nationality for that matter..big mistake..and time will show..once again..wealth before health."

Unfortunately you're not far wrong and covid rate is up again, in the Limassol district..(the port could be a factor)

We usually visit 2-4 times a year but that isn't going to happen this year or next..

Things take time and Cyprus like many other small tourist destinations just don't have that luxury.

Also the World Health Organisation, the have a section just for flu. According to this graph there have been no cases of flu anywhere in the workd since last June, strange that!"

I just go on what I have seen and experienced..my wife is a Dr in hosp, my son an A&E nurse and I was deployed into a busy South London hosp during the first lockdown to support ambulance services..we have all experienced first hand how Covid can have a devastating impact..not just deaths but the mess it leaves behind..including a direct mental health impact on survivors and families. You even argue yourself about specialist wards being closed..well not closed ... just full of COVID patients dying unless they get the medical intervention which in turn takes a bed away from someone with another life changing condition.. again first hand experience.. early December I was unfortunate to have a stroke..out of the blue, no underlying conditions just a very small clot decided to work its way into my brain and start to kill it.... this was just weeks before the latest spike..I was in an ambulance within minutes, straight into A&E with no queue and getting the life saving medication that saved my life...I think my prognosis would have been very different one month later with the hospital and ambulance service totally changed having to deal with the latest spike in Covid cases.

So no, I don't agree with you..left unchecked Covid would have had a dramatic impact on the death rate ..lockdown only just kept a lid on it and the vaccine will also have a dramatic effect on things..

And yes suicides and mental health are an issue.. every life lost is tragedy..won't argue that one

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Let life get back to normal...with you zillions percent this is the biggest con in history "

A con is designed to make make money....cant see covid doing that.

Melksham

The death rate, even with the crooks in westminster playing with the figures, is less than the bad flu winter of 2008.

How about the other 2.57 million deaths worldwide so far ?"

That is 0.03% of the population of the planet.

Any family death is desperate to those involved. But that figure is not an excuse to change everyones lives, cripple the economy and put back our kids education.

The recovery rate is 99.7% if you get it, many have not known they have had it.

Follow the money, start with Matt Hancock and his links to the companies supplying PPE. See how much of our money he spent trying to keep the case away from the public. Neil Ferguson and his lack of qualifications.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Cyprus is a small island that very much relies on the tourist trade to keep it economy going.However watching the Cypriot news channel they too are struggling with Covid cases on the increase.As it is a small island the risk factor is potentially high.As a London born male of Greek Cypriot origins I will carry on watching the Cypriot news channel before deciding if I will be going this summer.

North West

'Kary Mullis, who received the Nobel Prize for inventing the PCR manufacturing technique, is reported to have said that it was for research purposes only and not for medical diagnosis'

Printed in the BMJ"

A splendid bit of out of context copy and paste. That phrase was taken from a letter written to the BMJ. Letters are the subjective opinion of the writer, that phrase is not from a BMJ peer reviewed article. The retired GP who wrote that letter has also written to Parliamentary Select Committees about the dangers of 5G. Tin foil hat, much?!

The Kary Mullis thing has been fundamentally misconstrued and taken out of context.

From Reuters, check out the following:

Title: Fact check: Inventor of method used to test for COVID-19 didn’t say it can’t be used in virus detection

Date: 13th November 2020

Melksham

I just go on what I have seen and experienced..my wife is a Dr in hosp, my son an A&E nurse and I was deployed into a busy South London hosp during the first lockdown to support ambulance services..we have all experienced first hand how Covid can have a devastating impact..not just deaths but the mess it leaves behind..including a direct mental health impact on survivors and families. You even argue yourself about specialist wards being closed..well not closed ... just full of COVID patients dying unless they get the medical intervention which in turn takes a bed away from someone with another life changing condition.. again first hand experience.. early December I was unfortunate to have a stroke..out of the blue, no underlying conditions just a very small clot decided to work its way into my brain and start to kill it.... this was just weeks before the latest spike..I was in an ambulance within minutes, straight into A&E with no queue and getting the life saving medication that saved my life...I think my prognosis would have been very different one month later with the hospital and ambulance service totally changed having to deal with the latest spike in Covid cases.

So no, I don't agree with you..left unchecked Covid would have had a dramatic impact on the death rate ..lockdown only just kept a lid on it and the vaccine will also have a dramatic effect on things..

And yes suicides and mental health are an issue.. every life lost is tragedy..won't argue that one "

There are empty wards and you are not the only one who knows people in the NHS.

Furlough specialist nurses and no contract nurses employed by the government.

They knew the hospitals would be busy from late autumn onwards, as they are evry year, but still did nothing and don't start me on rhe nightingale bullshit which they never intended to staff.

Our doctors and nurses have always been dedicated and hard working.

But they did not help themselves when they had fuck all to do by making endless, well choreographed tiktoc dance routines. I am sure they did all the practice in their lunch breaks and at home!

Sorry to hear about your stroke, I hope it was only a TIA.

North West

maybe covid destroyed the flu virus or maybe we were all wearing masks.. covid is obviously more virulent than influenza

Flu, the common cold and seasonal respiratory diseases are all from the sars-cov-2 family.

Please do some research"

--------------------------------------

"Flu, the common cold and seasonal respiratory diseases are all from the sars-cov-2 family."

Completely false.

Melksham

Printed in the BMJ

A splendid bit of out of context copy and paste. That phrase was taken from a letter written to the BMJ. Letters are the subjective opinion of the writer, that phrase is not from a BMJ peer reviewed article. The retired GP who wrote that letter has also written to Parliamentary Select Committees about the dangers of 5G. Tin foil hat, much?!

The Kary Mullis thing has been fundamentally misconstrued and taken out of context.

Title: Fact check: Inventor of method used to test for COVID-19 didn’t say it can’t be used in virus detection

Date: 13th November 2020"

Reuters fact check, are you having a laugh, thats like listening to the bbc!

Correct on my source, but do read further into it and not fact checks which are set up by companies towing the party line.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Everything you stated in this post is patently and demonstrably false "

I dont know how some people sleep at night with the false and dangerous rubbish they post on public places.. had some anti vax person message my disabled daughter before she had her vaccine and tell her it was a cull against people like her.

Melksham

Please do some research

"Flu, the common cold and seasonal respiratory diseases are all from the sars-cov-2 family."

Completely false."

I did ask you to do some research, but not in The Sun

Melksham

Everything you stated in this post is patently and demonstrably false I dont know how some people sleep at night with the false and dangerous rubbish they post on public places.. had some anti vax person message my disabled daughter before she had her vaccine and tell her it was a cull against people like her. "

I don't agree with him doing that, it must have really upset the poor girl.

However no one knows if there will be contradictions with the regular medication some people have to take.

The rushed phase 3 will not end until 23/03/23, not sure how long before the findings come out after that.

North West

Printed in the BMJ

Date: 13th November 2020

Reuters fact check, are you having a laugh, thats like listening to the bbc!

Correct on my source, but do read further into it and not fact checks which are set up by companies towing the party line."

Here's the original quote. It helps if you understand the technical language within it:

“PCR is intended to identify substances qualitatively, but by its very nature is unsuited for estimating numbers. Although there is a common misimpression that the viral load tests actually count the number of viruses in the blood, these tests cannot detect free, infectious viruses at all; they can only detect proteins that are believed, in some cases wrongly, to be unique to HIV. The tests can detect genetic sequences of viruses, but not viruses themselves.”

Kary Mullis was also skeptical that HIV caused AIDS and the quote above has been perpetuated by a website that seeks to deny HIV exists at all. Pretty dumb, eh?

North West

Please do some research

Completely false.

I did ask you to do some research, but not in The Sun"

Go on, tell me how influenza viruses from the family Orthomyxoviridae is the same as SARS-CoV-2 from the Coronaviridae family? My virology textbooks tell me that the two families of virus are totally different.

Regarding the "common" cold, that can be caused by many different families of virus. The most common is the rhinovirus, also adenoviruses are common. "Colds" caused by coronaviruses are not so common, but do exist.

Melksham

Let life get back to normal...with you zillions percent this is the biggest con in history

A con is designed to make make money....cant see covid doing that."

Sales of PPE, drug companies making £m's from this vaccine, then the variant vaccine, then the yearly vaccine, app companies for track and trace & vaccine passports,....

The list goes on an this is just the start.

As Klaus Schwab says 'You will own nothing, and be happy!'.

I don't really like Cyprus if I'm honest.

Manchester (she/her)

Please do some research"

I've been listening to virologists, immunologists, infectious disease doctors, epidemiologists, vaccinologists, etc, for a year now.

You might want to start with the Wikipedia page, which shows that influenza comes from the family Orthomyxoviridae. They're negative strand RNA viruses.

Coronavirus illnesses in humans include (source, CDC, because no I don't remember this random shit) common colds 229E (alpha coronavirus), NL63 (alpha coronavirus), OC43 (beta coronavirus) and HKU1 (beta coronavirus). They also include MERS and SARS. They're positive stranded RNA viruses.

... Maybe you should do your research

FFS! Another expert

Manchester (she/her)

"FFS! Another expert "

Nope.

Just relying on reliable sources.

YouTube and Farcebook you mean, highly reliable

And yes suicides and mental health are an issue.. every life lost is tragedy..won't argue that one

They knew the hospitals would be busy from late autumn onwards, as they are evry year, but still did nothing and don't start me on rhe nightingale bullshit which they never intended to staff.

But they did not help themselves when they had fuck all to do by making endless, well choreographed tiktoc dance routines. I am sure they did all the practice in their lunch breaks and at home!

Sorry to hear about your stroke, I hope it was only a TIA."

Sorry..I can take your arguments on static interpretation but find your points above as downright disrespectful..but I'm sure you will never understand that

Manchester (she/her)

"YouTube and Farcebook you mean, highly reliable "

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, CDC, virologists from universities such as Columbia University, etc.

Sorry. Try harder.

By *eepBlackHole69Woman  over a year ago

U.K

Am I the only one who feels like this is slightly irresponsible from the Cypriot government??

As it stands at the moment, I would personally prefer to know if someone is covid negative than knowing whether they have been vaccinated??

From what I’ve read they are not asking for a negative test before arrival, just that you’ve been vaccinated..

Thoughts??

They are just desperate for tourists cash

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh an expert with a bad attitude "

Ok hun

Central

The vaccines are optional and have been developed via a range of longstanding techniques, including 2 with mRNA. You will most likely not be offered 1 of those.

The vaccines appear to have potential lowering of your level of infectivity and have evidence of preventing severe illness and death. Otherwise healthy people have been severely ill and died.

It seems like you are in denial of some substantial facts about the virus, treatments and the benefits of restrictions, aren't you?

Preferring to let this virus run rampage through the population, overwhelming health services, causing other medical and economic catastrophes, whilst not using the safe, fully evidenced vaccines available, is not a credible approach.

The recent falls in infection levels, deaths etc, is cause for celebration that disputed claims lacking in evidence and moral scrutiny, whilst making the right decisions for the benefit of the majority, is by far the intelligent strategy.

Manchester (she/her)

"Am I the only one who feels like this is slightly irresponsible from the Cypriot government??

As it stands at the moment, I would personally prefer to know if someone is covid negative than knowing whether they have been vaccinated??

From what I’ve read they are not asking for a negative test before arrival, just that you’ve been vaccinated..

Thoughts??

"

I think it's incredibly responsible and I hope many countries follow suit.

U.K

"Am I the only one who feels like this is slightly irresponsible from the Cypriot government??

Thoughts??

I think it's incredibly responsible and I hope many countries follow suit."

is it responsible for Cyprus to allow entry to their country without a negative covid test??

That’s the point I would like a response to!

Manchester (she/her)

Thoughts??

is it responsible for Cyprus to allow entry to their country without a negative covid test??

That’s the point I would like a response to!

"

Yes, I do. The data is being established showing reduced viral load following vaccination, which is how we eliminate.

I believe that full vaccination is sufficient to skip tests and quarantine, that it's very responsible, and it's good for global and local public health.

Melksham

"Awesome, coercion to take a experimental gene therapy which doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on.

The vaccines are optional and have been developed via a range of longstanding techniques, including 2 with mRNA. You will most likely not be offered 1 of those.

The vaccines appear to have potential lowering of your level of infectivity and have evidence of preventing severe illness and death. Otherwise healthy people have been severely ill and died.

It seems like you are in denial of some substantial facts about the virus, treatments and the benefits of restrictions, aren't you?

Preferring to let this virus run rampage through the population, overwhelming health services, causing other medical and economic catastrophes, whilst not using the safe, fully evidenced vaccines available, is not a credible approach.

The recent falls in infection levels, deaths etc, is cause for celebration that disputed claims lacking in evidence and moral scrutiny, whilst making the right decisions for the benefit of the majority, is by far the intelligent strategy. "

Infection rates always fall this time of year as we come out of winter.

None if the jabs have passed Phase 3 testing yet, this is due to end in March 2023, then the reports will come out.

Until then it is uncertain if there will be any contradictions with other medication.

The yellow card system here and similar in America have produced interesting reading which I would encourage you to look into.

Melksham

Sorry to hear about your stroke, I hope it was only a TIA.

Sorry..I can take your arguments on static interpretation but find your points above as downright disrespectful..but I'm sure you will never understand that "

How can it be disrespectful to state a fact?

They put the videos out for all the world to see, or did I just dream that?

Manchester (she/her)

"Awesome, coercion to take a experimental gene therapy which doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on.

The recent falls in infection levels, deaths etc, is cause for celebration that disputed claims lacking in evidence and moral scrutiny, whilst making the right decisions for the benefit of the majority, is by far the intelligent strategy.

None if the jabs have passed Phase 3 testing yet, this is due to end in March 2023, then the reports will come out.

Until then it is uncertain if there will be any contradictions with other medication.

The yellow card system here and similar in America have produced interesting reading which I would encourage you to look into."

VAERS in the US allowed publication of a claim that a jab turned someone into the Incredible Hulk.

Anyone can submit anything.

Those looking into anti science movements call VAERS analysis dumpster diving, for good reason.

Central

Thoughts??

I think it's incredibly responsible and I hope many countries follow suit."

They have done really well over the last year.

Tests on arrival are still an option that they may do, as many travellers did last year.

Definitely 1 of the responsible countries, following the sound credible scientific evidence

Birmingham

Let life get back to normal...with you zillions percent this is the biggest con in history

Sales of PPE, drug companies making £m's from this vaccine, then the variant vaccine, then the yearly vaccine, app companies for track and trace & vaccine passports,....

As Klaus Schwab says 'You will own nothing, and be happy!'."

So what you describe there is disaster capitalism...or just capitalism. The implication that this whole pandemic ‘falsehood’ is a con to make money simply does not stand up. Sure there has been an ongoing flow of public money to private individuals, this is capitalism & the politics of the right. Austerity achieved similar aims.

Leeds

"

VAERS in the US allowed publication of a claim that a jab turned someone into the Incredible Hulk.

"

I have been short tempered lately and my clothes are a bit tight. I didn't realise this is obviously a side effect of me having had the Pfizer vaccination.

Central

The yellow card system here and similar in America have produced interesting reading which I would encourage you to look into."

Absolutely! It's so important to follow the credible research evidence that we have. It's phenomenal too that high volumes of data and research have been amassed and assimilated in a year. Keep following the relevant research evidence, published in reputable, credible scientific journals.

Melksham

As Klaus Schwab says 'You will own nothing, and be happy!'.

So what you describe there is disaster capitalism...or just capitalism. The implication that this whole pandemic ‘falsehood’ is a con to make money simply does not stand up. Sure there has been an ongoing flow of public money to private individuals, this is capitalism & the politics of the right. Austerity achieved similar aims."

Only time will tell, however once you hear Universal Basic Income from who ever is in number 11, really start to worry.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I have been short tempered lately and my clothes are a bit tight. I didn't realise this is obviously a side effect of me having had the Pfizer vaccination. "

You could list it and no one could stop you.

Quality data right there. I'm convinced. Vaccines are icky

U.K

Thoughts??

They have done really well over the last year.

Tests on arrival are still an option that they may do, as many travellers did last year.

Definitely 1 of the responsible countries, following the sound credible scientific evidence "

Testing arrivals even if they have been full vaccinated is a better option in my opinion..

As it stands they won’t be testing. Which is where I think the irresponsibility lies..

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

That’s ok just keep telling yourself that

The travel minister has played a cracker with this one.........

Welcome back all the long stay tourists who missed out on nice 3 month breaks over the winter months. They go may for the 12 weeks which ends slap bang middle of July high season ready for the youth market and cheaper package deals.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

Cyprus is also a free country. Who can set their own entry requirements to their country...

By *ornyJ3000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We should probably all stay in this country for holidays this year to support our own economy and jobs!

If all the money spent on foreign holidays was spent in the UK, our own holiday resorts would be awesome.

Leeds

"

If all the money spent on foreign holidays was spent in the UK, our own holiday resorts would be awesome. "

But we can't buy sunshine, high temperatures and a different culture

North West

"

If all the money spent on foreign holidays was spent in the UK, our own holiday resorts would be awesome.

But we can't buy sunshine, high temperatures and a different culture"

The prices being quoted in the "pleeeeeeease book now" emails I'm getting are so astronomical that I can't believe anyone can afford to holiday in the UK!!!! Ten days in a cottage in Cornwall with £4k next to it. Errrrrrr no. Not a chance

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"

The prices being quoted in the "pleeeeeeease book now" emails I'm getting are so astronomical that I can't believe anyone can afford to holiday in the UK!!!! Ten days in a cottage in Cornwall with £4k next to it. Errrrrrr no. Not a chance "

The prices in the UK were insane before coronavirus so a dread to think what they are now.

So much cheaper to go to Europe.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"

The prices being quoted in the "pleeeeeeease book now" emails I'm getting are so astronomical that I can't believe anyone can afford to holiday in the UK!!!! Ten days in a cottage in Cornwall with £4k next to it. Errrrrrr no. Not a chance

The prices in the UK were insane before coronavirus so a dread to think what they are now.

So much cheaper to go to Europe.

"

I was reading an article yesterday, prices have gone up 35% in the UK since last summer.

Central

"The travel minister has played a cracker with this one.........

Welcome back all the long stay tourists who missed out on nice 3 month breaks over the winter months. They go may for the 12 weeks which ends slap bang middle of July high season ready for the youth market and cheaper package deals. "

They could have problems with their next winter 3 months though, due to stay limits

Its attitudes like that which make me want a vaccine passport made compulsory. Perhaps an alternative would be forehead branding for anti vaxers instead!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Its attitudes like that which make me want a vaccine passport made compulsory. Perhaps an alternative would be forehead branding for anti vaxers instead! "

Ooo branding people eh just go the whole hog and stick a bullet in the back of there heads eh lol.

Central

Its attitudes like that which make me want a vaccine passport made compulsory. Perhaps an alternative would be forehead branding for anti vaxers instead!

Ooo branding people eh just go the whole hog and stick a bullet in the back of there heads eh lol."

Those vaccinating for the common good are going to be likely to reduce infections and the numbers of people they may indirectly kill. This is especially true if people are in an environment where people are more likely to become infected.

Manchester (she/her)

Ooo branding people eh just go the whole hog and stick a bullet in the back of there heads eh lol.

Those vaccinating for the common good are going to be likely to reduce infections and the numbers of people they may indirectly kill. This is especially true if people are in an environment where people are more likely to become infected. "

Who needs facts when you have hyperbole?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Those vaccinating for the common good are going to be likely to reduce infections and the numbers of people they may indirectly kill. This is especially true if people are in an environment where people are more likely to become infected. "

did i say i wouldnt be getting jabbed soon as they invite me i will be going if it meens my wages go back to 100% quicker i was just replying to the person who thinks peeps should be branded if they refuse it

stockport

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 16:25:59]

stockport

How about the other 2.57 million deaths worldwide so far ?"

Dont get me wrong I feel for all the people who have lost loved ones but the percentages are still very low out 7.8 billion world wide 3.8 million people would only be 0.0005 % 0.00033 % comes out 2,574,000

vaccine does not stop you catching it or transiiting it

sorry transmitting

Manchester (she/her)

"sorry transmitting"

It wasn't initially studied because it's harder to measure and we needed results quickly.

Fortunately it's now being studied, and the results indicate a significant reduction in infection and transmission, similar to what we've seen with older vaccines

Isn't science wonderful

stockport

So are all the pre tried and tested drugs that are on the market ivermectin being one of them

Get the vaccine go on holiday..... the vaccine neither stops me spreading or catching the virus I’ll just be less ill if I do catch it, so letting a bunch of vaccinated people on holiday will do what exactly? Whoever came up with this proposal needs to carry a little bonus tree around with them at all times to help replace the oxygen they steal from the planet

"

But we can't buy sunshine, high temperatures and a different culture"

this and the fact that its often more expensive to stay in this country. And I've been looking and even my normal uk holiday is twice the price it normally is x

Manchester (she/her)

"Get the vaccine go on holiday..... the vaccine neither stops me spreading or catching the virus I’ll just be less ill if I do catch it, so letting a bunch of vaccinated people on holiday will do what exactly? Whoever came up with this proposal needs to carry a little bonus tree around with them at all times to help replace the oxygen they steal from the planet"

It wasn't initially studied because it's harder to measure and we needed results quickly.

Fortunately it's now being studied, and the results indicate a significant reduction in infection and transmission, similar to what we've seen with older vaccines

Isn't science wonderful

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Quite agree ..... the vulnerable with be vaccinated, so no need for testing, masks etc

Quite agree ..... the vulnerable with be vaccinated, so no need for testing, masks etc "

I think there will be a need for testing for quite a long time yet.

I'm being tested several times a week now

Central

"Get the vaccine go on holiday..... the vaccine neither stops me spreading or catching the virus I’ll just be less ill if I do catch it, so letting a bunch of vaccinated people on holiday will do what exactly? Whoever came up with this proposal needs to carry a little bonus tree around with them at all times to help replace the oxygen they steal from the planet"

You've checked the latest research evidence? You have an alternative plan for the UK to escape lockdown and restrictions, other than largely having its citizens vaccinated? I'm assuming that you've perhaps missed the latest infection levels falls in the UK? (I must admit I didn't spend lots and lots of time scrutinising your post).

Countries will need to relieve restrictions, including us. The UK has been severely hit compared to so many others - we've been fortunate to have advanced our vaccination programme, so our citizens may get to be welcomed more widely, after being unwelcome.

Cyprus has had fewer than 250 citizens die of this in the last year. Their controls have been better than many others. It's perhaps a little premature to think that they aren't particularly accomplished. Of course, their announcement is preliminary, the changes not coming in to effect for almost 2 months, so a lot may happen until then - they may pick up on valuable feedback from people around the world, including here.

In the meantime, we can hope that our vaccine rollout continues with its momentum and our infection levels, hospitalisation and death levels all continue to fall. Those are more important than any of us travelling. But vaccination remains the major focus for the world to move on

» Add a new message to this topic