FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > quiet testing sites

quiet testing sites

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

as some may know i work on covid testing sites and the ones i work on in NW, historically high infection rate areas have been really quiet over recent days and weeks.. hope it means light at end of tunnel

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Curious..

So you've no clue, on the data base you log the attendies onto, who's had an appointment to attend and showed up or didn't?

im traffic management so don't get to ser that.. we used to when it began last summer but only test teams know if people don't show

d

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Ahh I see, well I'd hazard a guess that the system hasn't run out of people to invite yet. There's still about 40 million to go

As the invited age group lowers so does the fear factor amongst those groups, so that'll account for it being quiet.. Lots of "no thanks" when the letter is received.

Hence "covid passports" to try and force people to have it.

you're getting vaccination mixed up with tests.. no letters.. just test and trace and if you've got symptoms.. was hundreds a day between July and December.. very quiet recently.. tho home testing becoming more common

ps over 20 million so far in just this country alone.. looking forward to mine

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

When I first started to attend the local asymptomatic test centre it was very busy..now not so x

and also when I was going for weekly tests at the normal test centre it was very busy up till jan.... needed to book a test for a client today and was able to get same day at a local test centre. So definitely seems quieter.

"When I first started to attend the local asymptomatic test centre it was very busy..now not so x

and also when I was going for weekly tests at the normal test centre it was very busy up till jan.... needed to book a test for a client today and was able to get same day at a local test centre. So definitely seems quieter."

yes that lines up with what we are seeing on the ground.. we think it's cos of the vaccinations.. it really slowed in January

you can normally get a test booked for same day appointments even if calling after lunch... bored today lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"as some may know i work on covid testing sites and the ones i work on in NW, historically high infection rate areas have been really quiet over recent days and weeks.. hope it means light at end of tunnel

d"

There has ben a vaccine shortage but only temporary

By *eepBlackHole69Woman  over a year ago

U.K

"as some may know i work on covid testing sites and the ones i work on in NW, historically high infection rate areas have been really quiet over recent days and weeks.. hope it means light at end of tunnel

dThere has ben a vaccine shortage but only temporary"

What does a vaccine shortage have to do with a testing centre??

we think its cos of the vaccines people aren't coming forward as much with mild symptoms

d

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Ahh I see, well I'd hazard a guess that the system hasn't run out of people to invite yet. There's still about 40 million to go

As the invited age group lowers so does the fear factor amongst those groups, so that'll account for it being quiet.. Lots of "no thanks" when the letter is received.

"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When I first started to attend the local asymptomatic test centre it was very busy..now not so x

and also when I was going for weekly tests at the normal test centre it was very busy up till jan.... needed to book a test for a client today and was able to get same day at a local test centre. So definitely seems quieter.

yes that lines up with what we are seeing on the ground.. we think it's cos of the vaccinations.. it really slowed in January "

Also the fact that tests are available in much greater numbers and at many more sites. At least 3 chemists here are doing walk in tests for Joe public...in addition to half a dozen main test sites around the city....

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Quiet testing sites are one thing. Quiet, deserted town centres in the evening are another. I don't feel safe walking around deserted town centres in the early evening in the dark. The latest style street lamps that hardly put any light out do not help nor do the policies of some local councils of turning street lighting off to save money.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

I wonder if people are less inclined to go for a test now even if they show symptoms?

The initial hysteria and fear of catching covid has certainly died down. I’m sure there will be some who feel that getting a test and it showing positive, adds to government figures and prolongs restrictions. That is all well and good if they play by the rules and self isolate, but it’s worrying if they just ignore the symptoms and carry on as normal.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I think some people are not having tests so they do not lose money at work from isolating.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe less people are using the testing sites as more businesses are now offering tests onsite to employees

By *iratedave2Man  over a year ago

dartford

"Maybe less people are using the testing sites as more businesses are now offering tests onsite to employees"

Asymptomatic test site nearby has gone part-time now, 9am-2pm! People think if they've had one test (or jab) that they're ok.

Are all these lateral flow tests being given to school children being counted as "test done" when they hand them out.

Gov.uk says they did 1,554,080 tests on wednesday

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Have been driving past the ones in abercynon and leckworth cardiff all week with work and both are very quiet at different times of the day. And have been for weeks

lots of home tests available now

By *iratedave2Man  over a year ago

dartford

"lots of home tests available now "

What worries me with the schools home test kits is that they're not monitored, the ones that I've seen, the parents fill in a form and tick if the result is positive or negative. The completed LFT goes in the bin, what is to stop people ignoring a positive result.

my daughters school is doing them at school

d

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"lots of home tests available now "

I’ve seen these test kits , branded as NHS but printed on the box it says made in China...... wtf

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I’ve seen these test kits , branded as NHS but printed on the box it says made in China...... wtf "

The NHS isn't a manufacturer

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Could it be an increase of companies imposing their own testing schedules, my company sends out a test weekly to us through a courier company.

They have been doing that for the past couple of months.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"

I’ve seen these test kits , branded as NHS but printed on the box it says made in China...... wtf

The NHS isn't a manufacturer "

We know that ......durrrrrr

By *RnMrsFreakCouple  over a year ago

Hull,England

"Ahh I see, well I'd hazard a guess that the system hasn't run out of people to invite yet. There's still about 40 million to go

"

It's funny you know that up to 2 years ago a global economic shutdown for a pandemic was just a conspiracy theory, and only last year covid passports were a conspiracy theory, and now warning folk not to take mRNA altering experimental therapies gets you branded??? you guessed it, a conspiracy theorist, even though the developers tell you it messes with mRNA.

Just wow

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

It's funny you know that up to 2 years ago a global economic shutdown for a pandemic was just a conspiracy theory, and only last year covid passports were a conspiracy theory, and now warning folk not to take mRNA altering experimental therapies gets you branded??? you guessed it, a conspiracy theorist, even though the developers tell you it messes with mRNA.

Just wow"

Do you understand how the covid vaccine works..?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

» Add a new message to this topic