FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Slow hand clap for the carers

Slow hand clap for the carers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we all start out clapping for the carers early last year. I stopped when I thought it was a bit of a smoke screen and the staff started saying "it's a decent pay rise they need and not clapping.

So I will be back outside next thursday to give a slow hand clap for them in true solidarity.

I hope you all join me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope I'm bombarding my mp with reasons why NHS/ care community need proper pay.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Nope I'm bombarding my mp with reasons why NHS/ care community need proper pay."

My MP is due a pissed off letter.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Rather slow hand clap an MP when I see them.

"So we all start out clapping for the carers early last year. I stopped when I thought it was a bit of a smoke screen and the staff started saying "it's a decent pay rise they need and not clapping.

So I will be back outside next thursday to give a slow hand clap for them in true solidarity.

I hope you all join me "

Sorry no I won’t be, I’ve signed the petition for a fair pay rise and have emailed my local mp

Mrsikc

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"Nope I'm bombarding my mp with reasons why NHS/ care community need proper pay.

My MP is due a pissed off letter."

"Nope I'm bombarding my mp with reasons why NHS/ care community need proper pay."

That's good but why not do both?

As I said it will really show we are behind them in this.

"Nope I'm bombarding my mp with reasons why NHS/ care community need proper pay.

My MP is due a pissed off letter."

My MP got a nice email, however it may turn into a pissed off one in a couple of days!

Tough one, as there are many frontline workers who have been told their pay is frozen, I believe the amount of non NHS equates to over 1 million, possibly nearer 2 million but plenty of articles with differing numbers. Plus NHS staff I know who are not frontline who are having pay rises and have accessed vaccinations ahead of those who are far more vulnerable. It’s a strange system for sure. I think pay rises are needed by many, but the public finances can’t offer it in line with current perception and almost expectation.

Don't think many people realise quite how much money per month a 1% pay rise will cost the tax payer all that will happen if they give more % is they will increase tax to pay for it so in effect will take away the pay rise they are given if they were for example give them a 5% pay rise but then tax goes up to 25% they end up on the same wave at the end of the month.

Think the news channels will be showing Johnson, Hancock etc outside their respective homes joining in with the slow handclap, like they did with the applause last time?

"Don't think many people realise quite how much money per month a 1% pay rise will cost the tax payer all that will happen if they give more % is they will increase tax to pay for it so in effect will take away the pay rise they are given if they were for example give them a 5% pay rise but then tax goes up to 25% they end up on the same wave at the end of the month. "

Strange everyone I talk too would not mind paying a extra penny or two in the pound to ensure we have a well looked after NHS....I know I would gladly pay it and they have shown they deserve it imo.

"Think the news channels will be showing Johnson, Hancock etc outside their respective homes joining in with the slow handclap, like they did with the applause last time? "

It would be good if enough got out there to show the news channels that the great public is behind them...maybe it would be a Marcus Rashford moment eh..

"Tough one, as there are many frontline workers who have been told their pay is frozen, I believe the amount of non NHS equates to over 1 million, possibly nearer 2 million but plenty of articles with differing numbers. Plus NHS staff I know who are not frontline who are having pay rises and have accessed vaccinations ahead of those who are far more vulnerable. It’s a strange system for sure. I think pay rises are needed by many, but the public finances can’t offer it in line with current perception and almost expectation. "

I had my first vaccine in January, my second is in April. The NHS has has a pay freeze for most of my career so far, yes I admit that others also need a payrise however the greedy government gave themselves £10,000 to work from home and even took a £3,000 pay increase, there’s a mental health crisis looming and we are understaffed, we go to work and deal with it.

Mrsikc

"Tough one, as there are many frontline workers who have been told their pay is frozen, I believe the amount of non NHS equates to over 1 million, possibly nearer 2 million but plenty of articles with differing numbers. Plus NHS staff I know who are not frontline who are having pay rises and have accessed vaccinations ahead of those who are far more vulnerable. It’s a strange system for sure. I think pay rises are needed by many, but the public finances can’t offer it in line with current perception and almost expectation.

I had my first vaccine in January, my second is in April. The NHS has has a pay freeze for most of my career so far, yes I admit that others also need a payrise however the greedy government gave themselves £10,000 to work from home and even took a £3,000 pay increase, there’s a mental health crisis looming and we are understaffed, we go to work and deal with it.

Mrsikc "

It makes one wonder how they will entice them 50,000 extra nurses into the nhs...

"Tough one, as there are many frontline workers who have been told their pay is frozen, I believe the amount of non NHS equates to over 1 million, possibly nearer 2 million but plenty of articles with differing numbers. Plus NHS staff I know who are not frontline who are having pay rises and have accessed vaccinations ahead of those who are far more vulnerable. It’s a strange system for sure. I think pay rises are needed by many, but the public finances can’t offer it in line with current perception and almost expectation. "

It's a question of priority, we could afford it but the government has chosen different priorities - HS2 for instance

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I seem to remember the MPs giving themselves a payrise last year way above what the nurses are being offered

"Tough one, as there are many frontline workers who have been told their pay is frozen, I believe the amount of non NHS equates to over 1 million, possibly nearer 2 million but plenty of articles with differing numbers. Plus NHS staff I know who are not frontline who are having pay rises and have accessed vaccinations ahead of those who are far more vulnerable. It’s a strange system for sure. I think pay rises are needed by many, but the public finances can’t offer it in line with current perception and almost expectation.

Mrsikc

It makes one wonder how they will entice them 50,000 extra nurses into the nhs..."

They won’t, they don’t want to

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Don't think many people realise quite how much money per month a 1% pay rise will cost the tax payer all that will happen if they give more % is they will increase tax to pay for it so in effect will take away the pay rise they are given if they were for example give them a 5% pay rise but then tax goes up to 25% they end up on the same wave at the end of the month.

"

How much do you think the millions of pounds of contracts that were given to friends and donors to deliver sometimes useless products will cost us tax payers?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I seem to remember the MPs giving themselves a payrise last year way above what the nurses are being offered"

Except they didn't!

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Sadly after nursing for 34yrs I would never recommend it as a career anymore to anyone - I don't say that easily as I am immensely proud of everything I have done & continue to do.

It's not the job - honestly I would say 99.9% of us love it but the politics, scrutiny & stress is just too stressful.

Rather a pay rise which has always been an issue through my career I would hope the last year leaves the country with the understanding that we work hard and we do it because we care & are committed to everyone suffering ill health in this country.

I hope when this over people have long memories & remember us & don't go back to criticising our profession which was remarkably prevalent previously. I hope the govt quangos that regularly rip us to pieces step down & understand & admit that issues arise because of resources not because of the staff not wanting to deliver care in the absence of these

Sad days

"Don't think many people realise quite how much money per month a 1% pay rise will cost the tax payer all that will happen if they give more % is they will increase tax to pay for it so in effect will take away the pay rise they are given if they were for example give them a 5% pay rise but then tax goes up to 25% they end up on the same wave at the end of the month.

How much do you think the millions of pounds of contracts that were given to friends and donors to deliver sometimes useless products will cost us tax payers?"

And not to mention the 22 billion for the useless track and trace which was back slapping tonight on taking a week to find that 6th person....now that could have given them a well earned pay rise of what they deserve.

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

No they didn’t..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

How much do you think the millions of pounds of contracts that were given to friends and donors to deliver sometimes useless products will cost us tax payers?

And not to mention the 22 billion for the useless track and trace which was back slapping tonight on taking a week to find that 6th person....now that could have given them a well earned pay rise of what they deserve. "

37 billion it turns out

And not to mention the 22 billion for the useless track and trace which was back slapping tonight on taking a week to find that 6th person....now that could have given them a well earned pay rise of what they deserve.

37 billion it turns out"

Jeez I thought 22 was bad...that just rubs bloody salt

I would like to thank the government, for the past year I have worked front line in social care putting myself at risk working extra hours to take care of others.

Last week I was sent a letter telling me to shield it’s the first letter during the pandemic I have received, so thanks for not thinking my health was important enough during the past year and now not giving me a pay rise.

Total kick in the teeth

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Sadly after nursing for 34yrs I would never recommend it as a career anymore to anyone - I don't say that easily as I am immensely proud of everything I have done & continue to do.

It's not the job - honestly I would say 99.9% of us love it but the politics, scrutiny & stress is just too stressful.

Rather a pay rise which has always been an issue through my career I would hope the last year leaves the country with the understanding that we work hard and we do it because we care & are committed to everyone suffering ill health in this country.

I hope when this over people have long memories & remember us & don't go back to criticising our profession which was remarkably prevalent previously. I hope the govt quangos that regularly rip us to pieces step down & understand & admit that issues arise because of resources not because of the staff not wanting to deliver care in the absence of these

Sad days "

Thank you for what you do.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Don't think many people realise quite how much money per month a 1% pay rise will cost the tax payer all that will happen if they give more % is they will increase tax to pay for it so in effect will take away the pay rise they are given if they were for example give them a 5% pay rise but then tax goes up to 25% they end up on the same wave at the end of the month. "

Council tax has gone up 5%anyway so that argument is redundant.

liverpool

"I would like to thank the government, for the past year I have worked front line in social care putting myself at risk working extra hours to take care of others.

Last week I was sent a letter telling me to shield it’s the first letter during the pandemic I have received, so thanks for not thinking my health was important enough during the past year and now not giving me a pay rise.

Total kick in the teeth "

Are you saying you didnt believe all those speeches on the summer ,saying how valued you were?

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

"So we all start out clapping for the carers early last year. I stopped when I thought it was a bit of a smoke screen and the staff started saying "it's a decent pay rise they need and not clapping.

I hope you all join me "

Nope.. Buckle down like everyone else has to

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

Will it be used as the backing track for their latest tiktoc video?

How much do you think the millions of pounds of contracts that were given to friends and donors to deliver sometimes useless products will cost us tax payers?"

Are you invested?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

invested?

"invested?"

Invested to the thousands that he thinks it will cost however lets debate the dislike of me xxx

liverpool

"invested?

Invested to the thousands that he thinks it will cost however lets debate the dislike of me xxx"

Come again?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"invested?

Invested to the thousands that he thinks it will cost however lets debate the dislike of me xxx"

I have no clue as to what you are trying to say.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Mrsikc

It makes one wonder how they will entice them 50,000 extra nurses into the nhs..."

They'll recruit from abroad and pay them even worse money.

Mrsikc

It makes one wonder how they will entice them 50,000 extra nurses into the nhs...

They'll recruit from abroad and pay them even worse money. "

And all the while our nurses have a eye on Australia...and who could blame them...

Strange everyone I talk too would not mind paying a extra penny or two in the pound to ensure we have a well looked after NHS....I know I would gladly pay it and they have shown they deserve it imo."

i think what he is saying is its a smoke screen - if you currently have 100% but are taxed 20% then really you have 80% (in skipping NI for simplicity of the example)

then we give nurses 5% pay rise - so they had 105% but at the same time tax went to 25% so of that 105% they only get to keep 78.75% - in take home value they got a pay cut , and so did the rest of the country now paying an extra 5% tax too

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's an abusive response to the staff to pay so little, so a slow hand clap is the least I can do to show support for fair pay for them.

And not to mention the 22 billion for the useless track and trace which was back slapping tonight on taking a week to find that 6th person....now that could have given them a well earned pay rise of what they deserve. "

i wont defend the 22billion but i think you are underestimating just how difficult it is to locate 1 person from the entire population when they filled in exactly zero information for you to go on - credit where it is due- to track them down was well done

"Sadly after nursing for 34yrs I would never recommend it as a career anymore to anyone - I don't say that easily as I am immensely proud of everything I have done & continue to do.

Sad days "

100%

By *0 Shades of RedCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 06/03/21 01:17:36]

"I seem to remember the MPs giving themselves a payrise last year way above what the nurses are being offered"

MP’s can’t give themselves pay rises.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Strange everyone I talk too would not mind paying a extra penny or two in the pound to ensure we have a well looked after NHS....I know I would gladly pay it and they have shown they deserve it imo."

I would.

The Government need to learn how to allocate funds better instead of us emptying our pockets faster.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I get the feeling the goverment is just going through the motions. They either don't want to win the next election,or don't care if they don't or have been told by Whitehall to lose it, or they are too tired.

"I get the feeling the goverment is just going through the motions. They either don't want to win the next election,or don't care if they don't or have been told by Whitehall to lose it, or they are too tired.

"

However since the budget statement their approval rating has gone up.

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

And don't forget, MP's need that cash for their own pay rise this year.

By *otsussexMan  over a year ago

sussex/hants border

Sadly just the tip of the iceberg -decades of discontent...covid will take our kids lifetimes to pay off

By *obby777788Man  over a year ago

Dalton

Wow some sense at last

Strange everyone I talk too would not mind paying a extra penny or two in the pound to ensure we have a well looked after NHS....I know I would gladly pay it and they have shown they deserve it imo.

i think what he is saying is its a smoke screen - if you currently have 100% but are taxed 20% then really you have 80% (in skipping NI for simplicity of the example)

then we give nurses 5% pay rise - so they had 105% but at the same time tax went to 25% so of that 105% they only get to keep 78.75% - in take home value they got a pay cut , and so did the rest of the country now paying an extra 5% tax too "

finally someone who understands basic maths instead of just saying some irelavemt thing that has nothing to do with wages

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

It's a question of priority, we could afford it but the government has chosen different priorities - HS2 for instance"

I agree, it is a choice, the Government can do far better than 1%. The NHS has done an amazing job in this crisis. I am concerned though about a new winter of discontent with other sectors i.e Royal Mail, Local Government (waste collectors) also having had to have step up and deal with all the additional post/parcels and disposal of that and whatever else. Local Govnt pay will be frozen probably for another 5 years or so with little more money to deliver services. The camels back is not that strong but the Govnt does have a choice about this. Taxes will go up eventually to pay for the fallout of the pandemic and that is inevitable but give credit where it is due and not just pump money into the pockets of politicians overall, only where there is exceptional reasons to do so for those who have worked so hard through this crisis.

liverpool

"I get the feeling the goverment is just going through the motions. They either don't want to win the next election,or don't care if they don't or have been told by Whitehall to lose it, or they are too tired.

"

They have an 80 seat majority.

They can let kids go hungry and people still cheer them on because it wont affect them

Grantham

And don't forget, MP's need that cash for their own pay rise this year."

What payrise?

[Removed by poster at 06/03/21 10:21:35]

Government ministerial salaries are to be frozen in the coming year, prime minister Boris Johnson has announced, amid furore about an expected £3,300 hike for MPs.

Ministers will still get the MPs’ pay rise along with all members of the House of Commons, but they will not receive any increase on the separate salary they receive on top as members of the government.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

there are murmurings of recall votes being deployed for MP's backing the governments suggested pay rise that is considered inadequate, especially in the more vulnerable seats.

liverpool

"Government ministerial salaries are to be frozen in the coming year, prime minister Boris Johnson has announced, amid furore about an expected £3,300 hike for MPs.

Ministers will still get the MPs’ pay rise along with all members of the House of Commons, but they will not receive any increase on the separate salary they receive on top as members of the government."

For a lot of mps the salary is secondary to the numerous other perks they get.

Look at that Jacob Reece mogg..he gets paid about 10 grand for a few hours work.

Mps pay is a smokescreen.

I hope that the 15% that unison asked for goes through, my poor MP

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

i wont defend the 22billion but i think you are underestimating just how difficult it is to locate 1 person from the entire population when they filled in exactly zero information for you to go on - credit where it is due- to track them down was well done "

They didn't find him in the end, he made contact.

Grantham

"Government ministerial salaries are to be frozen in the coming year, prime minister Boris Johnson has announced, amid furore about an expected £3,300 hike for MPs.

Ministers will still get the MPs’ pay rise along with all members of the House of Commons, but they will not receive any increase on the separate salary they receive on top as members of the government."

MPs pay was frozen in December 2020

Pre-pandemic even the independent pay review body recommended a 2.1% pay rise.

This really flies in the face of the Jodi they have done....the money the have been throwing about like confetti to their pals and a useless track and trace makes this offer a bloody disgrace.

Back to topic. If this happens on Thursday...who will be out for the slow clap? So far I've think I've just seen one on this thread.

By *ornyJ3000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

What’s the point!

Nobody in any position of authority is going to be passing my house and think ‘we’ll pay the NHS staff some more now!’

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

It’s a nope from me ... I’ve not partaken in any of the roadside virtue signalling that social media has attempted to push ...

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

With so many loosing jobs, even with all the money being handed out and other public sector jobs not having a rise , think 1% is being realistic with what we can afford...... we have the best health service that we want to pay for. So many on here seem to think everyone should always get more and more and everyone should also be paid the same irrespective of what job they do . We live in a capitalist system and long may it last .

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

I think we should give them a pay cut!

By *ack with a bangCouple  over a year ago

Hastings

Have 3 friends who are nurses and they don't want the pay rise. They don't want to be the only ones getting something when so many others have continued to work through these tough times

I'm definitely up for the slow hand clap!! I'm fucking disgusted with the 1% payrise for the NHS!! .... I have a friend who works at the hospital in the office departments working with computers and phones and paperwork 24/7 ... N I also have a friend who is nearly dying of cancer....I am absolutely furious about the 1% payrise for um!! Those staff work flat out 24/7 very very hard n especially last year!! N now!!

They deserved a better life than a 1% payrise!!

Clapping does not give the NHS a payrise!!!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I believe HMRC got a 13% patriae, so unfair.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Payrise*

"I believe HMRC got a 13% patriae, so unfair."

Exactly this.

liverpool

"I believe HMRC got a 13% patriae, so unfair."

Where did you hear this?

liverpool

There has been a public sector pay freeze for all departments.

The last 2 years its been capped at 2%..so I'd be quite surprised if 1 department suddenly got 13%.

Ive never known anything about a 4% rise in 20 years.

"There has been a public sector pay freeze for all departments.

The last 2 years its been capped at 2%..so I'd be quite surprised if 1 department suddenly got 13%.

Ive never known anything about a 4% rise in 20 years."

ive just googled it - its average 13% across 3 years and it says its coming from entirely within the departments existing budget as a result of restructure to align legacy contract terms from as far back as when hm customs and inland revenue merged. i’m not really sure what that means or how it comes from within their existing pot of money - it could mean some high up bosses go to pay for better wages lower down or maybe some benefits are sacrificed for cash increase or perhaps people on contracts with more hours are reducing down to the lower contract hours (like a 39 hr week to 35 hr week) and as a result they can all get a slightly higher hourly rate from the same pot - really not sure

all it really confirmed is that the cost to the tax payer was going to be the same wether this deal which was proposed pre pandemic was accepted or not

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I do feel sorry for the NHS workers and thay deserve a lot more than 1% but I'm a key worker and I know I only work in a supermarket but I'm not getting a pay rise this year.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Nope.. A slow clap achieves nothing. Write to your MP.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

ive just googled it - its average 13% across 3 years and it says its coming from entirely within the departments existing budget as a result of restructure to align legacy contract terms from as far back as when hm customs and inland revenue merged. i’m not really sure what that means or how it comes from within their existing pot of money - it could mean some high up bosses go to pay for better wages lower down or maybe some benefits are sacrificed for cash increase or perhaps people on contracts with more hours are reducing down to the lower contract hours (like a 39 hr week to 35 hr week) and as a result they can all get a slightly higher hourly rate from the same pot - really not sure

all it really confirmed is that the cost to the tax payer was going to be the same wether this deal which was proposed pre pandemic was accepted or not "

Pretty much spot on. Also they’re the only government department that actually bring in money...not that I’m being cynical

"Nope.. A slow clap achieves nothing. Write to your MP. "

8 would think the opposite if enough people get behind it. This government is all about populism...and I would think a letter sent would be a waste of your time and ink.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Nope.. A slow clap achieves nothing. Write to your MP.

8 would think the opposite if enough people get behind it. This government is all about populism...and I would think a letter sent would be a waste of your time and ink."

Completely agree. A letter to your MP will only get you some copy & paste tripe from their PR department. A nationwide show of discontent would achieve something, even if it's only to bring Pretty Repellent's riot squads out.

liverpool

all it really confirmed is that the cost to the tax payer was going to be the same wether this deal which was proposed pre pandemic was accepted or not

Pretty much spot on. Also they’re the only government department that actually bring in money...not that I’m being cynical "

Dbs

liverpool

all it really confirmed is that the cost to the tax payer was going to be the same wether this deal which was proposed pre pandemic was accepted or not "

Fair enough.

So its just over 4% a year?

It quite rare for them to 2/3 year pay deals like that but it sounds like maybe its taken from the money they make

Fair enough.

It quite rare for them to 2/3 year pay deals like that but it sounds like maybe its taken from the money they make

"

it said an average of 3% now backdated to last year, then 5% later this year and again next year 5% but actually everyone will be getting different its not a blanket across all because bringing all different contracts in line - seems to be them clearing up a legacy issue on an unequal pay structure thats been going on for some time

presumably they can’t make all the changes immediately that are required to allow the savings which will then be spent else where, which is why they are spreading it across a few years to get it all in place

" Pretty much spot on. Also they’re the only government department that actually bring in money...not that I’m being cynical "

i would tend to agree if they were getting an extra pot of money but it seems they are just recutting the existing pot in a different way - most likely removing middle management to allow more money for people actually doing the work - will probably see much more of this across lots of sectors with so much home working going on

liverpool

Fair enough.

it said an average of 3% now backdated to last year, then 5% later this year and again next year 5% but actually everyone will be getting different its not a blanket across all because bringing all different contracts in line - seems to be them clearing up a legacy issue on an unequal pay structure thats been going on for some time

presumably they can’t make all the changes immediately that are required to allow the savings which will then be spent else where, which is why they are spreading it across a few years to get it all in place "

Occasionally they try to and change the details of your contract, especially if you have been there a long time,so it's possibly a little sweetner.

Let's try and keep this on topic

I’m off to the shop to spend my claps

Mrsikc

"Nope.. A slow clap achieves nothing. Write to your MP. "

I have and am awaiting a reply

"I’m off to the shop to spend my claps

Mrsikc "

By the looks of this thread you won't be able to buy much

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

The reason for giving non-frontline NHS staff the vaccination is they are key to keeping the NHS running so frontline staff can do the amazing work they do. They haven't jumped queues

It’s going to take a while for that 1% to pay Karen Reissmanns £10,000 fine for organising a protest in Manchester at the weekend.

[Removed by poster at 08/03/21 13:42:01]

"It’s going to take a while for that 1% to pay Karen Reissmanns £10,000 fine for organising a protest in Manchester at the weekend."

Thankfully a go fund me page only took two hours to raise the amount of the fine. Heavy handed imo.

"It’s going to take a while for that 1% to pay Karen Reissmanns £10,000 fine for organising a protest in Manchester at the weekend.

Thankfully a go fund me page only took two hours to raise the amount of the fine. Heavy handed imo."

Some will think it’s heavy handed, others will think that an nhs nurse should know better considering the impact protecting the nhs has had on the nation.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Instead of giving us a pay rise, why not scrap our registration fees for a year or two or stop charging us for car parking!

By *enhamhoopMan  over a year ago

Denham

i wont defend the 22billion but i think you are underestimating just how difficult it is to locate 1 person from the entire population when they filled in exactly zero information for you to go on - credit where it is due- to track them down was well done "

But they didn't he phoned them

By *enhamhoopMan  over a year ago

Denham

"With so many loosing jobs, even with all the money being handed out and other public sector jobs not having a rise , think 1% is being realistic with what we can afford...... we have the best health service that we want to pay for. So many on here seem to think everyone should always get more and more and everyone should also be paid the same irrespective of what job they do . We live in a capitalist system and long may it last . "
But the government can afford and has done 100 percent of pay forpeople furloughed for 6 months and 80 percent for the next 6 months so have effectively paid people to sit on their arse at home for a year. When the scheme ends expect virtually all of these people to be made redundant by these firms so all the government has done is effectively pay full wages for the unemployed for a year

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

"I believe HMRC got a 13% patriae, so unfair.

Exactly this. "

Friends of mine work in HMRC and have had cuts after cuts after cuts to do more with less all the time so this may reflect a balancing of fair pay. So i think to take things on face value doesn't always show the true picture. However MP's may should not increase in my view and the NHS is a necessity so i would be happy to pay more towards protecting what we have.

"It’s going to take a while for that 1% to pay Karen Reissmanns £10,000 fine for organising a protest in Manchester at the weekend.

Thankfully a go fund me page only took two hours to raise the amount of the fine. Heavy handed imo.

Some will think it’s heavy handed, others will think that an nhs nurse should know better considering the impact protecting the nhs has had on the nation."

The article I read said they all had masks on and were at least two metres apart.

"Nope.. A slow clap achieves nothing. Write to your MP.

I have and am awaiting a reply "

Well I received a reply today from my MP! I was impressed to be honest

All the work that the NHS have done n still are doing....I would give um a 50% payrise!!

If I was the pm!

Those poor doctors and nurses working flat out everyday deserve it!!

N yes I will vent my anger....by slow clapping!!

[Removed by poster at 09/03/21 22:49:08]

"All the work that the NHS have done n still are doing....I would give um a 50% payrise!!

If I was the pm!

Those poor doctors and nurses working flat out everyday deserve it!! "

Erm are you behing sarcastic and hostile?

If I misread then email your local MP and sign the petition to take to parliament

"All the work that the NHS have done n still are doing....I would give um a 50% payrise!!

If I was the pm!

Those poor doctors and nurses working flat out everyday deserve it!! "

The supermarket won’t let me spend my claps!!

If I was the pm!

Those poor doctors and nurses working flat out everyday deserve it!!

The supermarket won’t let me spend my claps!!"

You'll need to save them for some s&m...but I'll be out on thursday. It will be fun to see if all the ones making all the noise erier will be out too

Some will think it’s heavy handed, others will think that an nhs nurse should know better considering the impact protecting the nhs has had on the nation.

The article I read said they all had masks on and were at least two metres apart."

I didn’t realise I could meet up with a group of people as long as I wore a mask. I was under the impression I could only meet one person for exercise.

» Add a new message to this topic