FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The numbers are coming down... but why?

The numbers are coming down... but why?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On the Press conferences they have started showing graphs only from October last year. They say the vaccinations are bringing the infection and death rates down massively.

But is this true? Have any of our Fab Virus Experts* checked the data from last March to now?

The infection and death rates reduce during lockdowns anyway.....

* I mean this in an endearing way, not the sarcastic way it's usually used.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lol. On Indy Sage today they had graphs noting infection rates this week, last week, and September, by area. There are one or two about at September level, but most are way above it.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think it's more important to be looking at the number of cases requiring hospital admission that's just as if not more important.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

You can always check the source data yourself rather than relying on the TV: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

By *ornyJ3000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

40% of adults in the uk have had their first Covid jab now, 1 million have had both, so it should be coming down!

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I havent checked it, but couldnt also one of the reasons why it goes down, is cos flu activity peaks between december and february, but activity can last as late as may.

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

"I think it's more important to be looking at the number of cases requiring hospital admission that's just as if not more important.

"

Interesting - so "cases" bandied about on every news update since December are cases of people requiring hosptal admission? I doubt that very much.. It's positive cases, identifed by a test that, at best, returns an accuracy rate of 53%

Time to take hold of this for ourselves.. Back to normal... Now.

Enough is enough

By *oixosMan  over a year ago

London

"I think it's more important to be looking at the number of cases requiring hospital admission that's just as if not more important.

Interesting - so "cases" bandied about on every news update since December are cases of people requiring hosptal admission? I doubt that very much.. It's positive cases, identifed by a test that, at best, returns an accuracy rate of 53%

Time to take hold of this for ourselves.. Back to normal... Now.

Enough is enough"

Exactly you still got people out here trying to quote the PCR test like its not already been deemed as unsuitable to be used as a diagnosis tool, even in the Lancet (considering that it gets loads of money thrown at by big pharma) have published something about pcr testing, it doesn’t fit the gold standard

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

Its dropping because winter is coming to an end.

Just like when flu cases used to be recorded, they dropped away at the end of winter.

London

"Its dropping because winter is coming to an end.

Just like when flu cases used to be recorded, they dropped away at the end of winter.

"

And probably due to reducing the cycles on the PCR tests (even though they shouldn’t even be used for that )

Manchester (she/her)

"40% of adults in the uk have had their first Covid jab now, 1 million have had both, so it should be coming down! "

Definitely. Lockdown plus vaccination will be playing a role. Let's hope the strategies are working and we begin to see light at the end of the tunnel as we gradually and safely move forward.

"40% of adults in the uk have had their first Covid jab now, 1 million have had both, so it should be coming down! "

Is it coming down because we are in lockdown?

By *ssexSwitchMan  over a year ago

hornchurch

"40% of adults in the uk have had their first Covid jab now, 1 million have had both, so it should be coming down!

Is it coming down because we are in lockdown?"

Statistically speaking lockdowns have been shown to have no discernible impact on the rate of transmission. We have plenty of data from other counties and us states that did lockdown vs those that didn’t.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Getting mine today

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"40% of adults in the uk have had their first Covid jab now, 1 million have had both, so it should be coming down!

Statistically speaking lockdowns have been shown to have no discernible impact on the rate of transmission. We have plenty of data from other counties and us states that did lockdown vs those that didn’t. "

Which statistics? Do you really think lock down would be put in place of it didn't slow transmission? There is loads of data to show lock downs work...

If you compare groups that have had the vaccine and those that didn't (but both gollevthe same lock down rules) there is a bigger reduction on cases etc on those that have had the vaccine. Showing it's working.

Statistically speaking lockdowns have been shown to have no discernible impact on the rate of transmission. We have plenty of data from other counties and us states that did lockdown vs those that didn’t.

Which statistics? Do you really think lock down would be put in place of it didn't slow transmission? There is loads of data to show lock downs work...

If you compare groups that have had the vaccine and those that didn't (but both gollevthe same lock down rules) there is a bigger reduction on cases etc on those that have had the vaccine. Showing it's working. "

This is the information that I'm looking for. Thank you.

"

This is the information that I'm looking for. Thank you. "

You probably wanted less typos though haha

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Maybe some deaths that would have been recorded as from Covid-19 are being reported as deaths from flu. Thus flu deaths show an increase and Covid-19 deaths decrease.

"Maybe some deaths that would have been recorded as from Covid-19 are being reported as deaths from flu. Thus flu deaths show an increase and Covid-19 deaths decrease. "

Nope. From a quick Google search, there doesn't appear to have been ANY flu deaths this winter. This is an incredible statistic.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Statistically speaking lockdowns have been shown to have no discernible impact on the rate of transmission. We have plenty of data from other counties and us states that did lockdown vs those that didn’t. "

Well I know it was back in 1665 when the local village rector of Eyam put the village in lockdown, but it worked, look it up for yourself on wikipedia

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Maybe some deaths that would have been recorded as from Covid-19 are being reported as deaths from flu. Thus flu deaths show an increase and Covid-19 deaths decrease.

Nope. From a quick Google search, there doesn't appear to have been ANY flu deaths this winter. This is an incredible statistic."

Yes NHS England have reported not having a single flu admission this winter.

Maybe this face mask and keeping away from the grandchildren thing actually works.

Definitely. Lockdown plus vaccination will be playing a role. Let's hope the strategies are working and we begin to see light at the end of the tunnel as we gradually and safely move forward."

And we're starting to emerge from winter. We saw a big dip in numbers last summer only to go up again as we went into autumn/ winter. We can expect to see numbers rise again at the end of this year but hopefully not on the scale we've seen.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Seasonality and harvesting have been the two most overlooked topics throughout this pandemic.

"Maybe some deaths that would have been recorded as from Covid-19 are being reported as deaths from flu. Thus flu deaths show an increase and Covid-19 deaths decrease.

Nope. From a quick Google search, there doesn't appear to have been ANY flu deaths this winter. This is an incredible statistic.

Yes NHS England have reported not having a single flu admission this winter.

Maybe this face mask and keeping away from the grandchildren thing actually works. "

Also hand sanitizer everywhere!

"Seasonality and harvesting have been the two most overlooked topics throughout this pandemic.

"

Harvesting what?

That's possibly why. National lockdowns have the greatest effect because of travel patterns and differences between areas in how strict they are. New Zealand was a great example. And the national approach in the UK has had a major effect.

North Yorkshire

Are you saying that the approach taken by New Zealand towards Covid-19 has helped bring down UK numbers?

That's possibly why. National lockdowns have the greatest effect because of travel patterns and differences between areas in how strict they are. New Zealand was a great example. And the national approach in the UK has had a major effect. "

Well I know it was back in 1665 when the local village rector of Eyam put the village in lockdown, but it worked, look it up for yourself on wikipedia"

I'm not disputing what you're saying, the information about it in the great plague program was very interesting.... But I would question the value of using Wikipedia as a source example

"

And probably due to reducing the cycles on the PCR tests (even though they shouldn’t even be used for that ) "

Absolutely guarantee that you don't know what "reducing the cycles" means

Manchester (she/her)

"

And probably due to reducing the cycles on the PCR tests (even though they shouldn’t even be used for that )

Absolutely guarantee that you don't know what "reducing the cycles" means "

Yeah, the virologists are slamming that bullshit argument.

London

"

That’s beside the point they shouldn’t have even been used from the start

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"

Er... Racing bike, mountain bike, touring bike, granny bike. BMX, chopper. Raleigh, Dawes, Sunbeam...

Though TBH I'm not exactly sure how using less bicycles makes the test better. Is it that the samples get to the lab faster if they go by car instead?

London

"

Absolutely guarantee that you don't know what "reducing the cycles" means

Yeah, the virologists are slamming that bullshit argument."

Lol Virologists can slam “that bullshit argument” There shouldn’t even be an “argument” they never should have been used in the 1st place

"

Lol Virologists can slam “that bullshit argument” There shouldn’t even be an “argument” they never should have been used in the 1st place "

Are you suggesting there is no virus to detect via RT PCR? I'm assuming you're not a molecular biologist.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yeah sorry mate.. Calling bullshit on that. If you can site some of your statistics from any meaningful source I will gladly be proved wrong.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Lol Virologists can slam “that bullshit argument” There shouldn’t even be an “argument” they never should have been used in the 1st place

Are you suggesting there is no virus to detect via RT PCR? I'm assuming you're not a molecular biologist. "

The argument is being made.

Germ theory denialists are having fun during all of this, sweet baby Jesus

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah sorry mate.. Calling bullshit on that. If you can site some of your statistics from any meaningful source I will gladly be proved wrong. "

Calling "do your research sheeple" now

Tin town

"On the Press conferences they have started showing graphs only from October last year. They say the vaccinations are bringing the infection and death rates down massively.

But is this true? Have any of our Fab Virus Experts* checked the data from last March to now?

* I mean this in an endearing way, not the sarcastic way it's usually used. "

I'm the first to stick up for the "authorities" but feel there is something fishy or disingenuous going on. Our infection rates, death rates and hospitalisation rates are still ludicrously high.

We have been in a form of lock down for months which has reduced spread as it would do. With over 21m of our oldest and most vulnerable people vaccinated and with 4m people having tested positive, I feel there is something askew with so many requiring hospital and so many still dying within 28 days of a positive test.

I'm not an Enough is enough and all that stuff tub thumper but think there is more to the high infection rates than we are hearing.

Just as an example... We are still getting more than double the infections every single day as new Zealand have had in total for the last 12 months.

"On the Press conferences they have started showing graphs only from October last year. They say the vaccinations are bringing the infection and death rates down massively.

I'm the first to stick up for the "authorities" but feel there is something fishy or disingenuous going on. Our infection rates, death rates and hospitalisation rates are still ludicrously high.

We have been in a form of lock down for months which has reduced spread as it would do. With over 21m of our oldest and most vulnerable people vaccinated and with 4m people having tested positive, I feel there is something askew with so many requiring hospital and so many still dying within 28 days of a positive test.

I'm not an Enough is enough and all that stuff tub thumper but think there is more to the high infection rates than we are hearing.

Just as an example... We are still getting more than double the infections every single day as new Zealand have had in total for the last 12 months. "

I agree. Something doesn't feel right.

Perhaps it will change towards the end of March. Over 21 million vaccinated as of yesterday. 3 weeks for vaccine to kick in.

Tin town

Just as an example... We are still getting more than double the infections every single day as new Zealand have had in total for the last 12 months.

Perhaps it will change towards the end of March. Over 21 million vaccinated as of yesterday. 3 weeks for vaccine to kick in. "

Not convinced... Let's pick a random date... Say... 6 weeks ago... And let's say as we have been told over 90 % of deaths are in over 80s...and let's say 6 weeks ago we had vaccinated the majority of over 80s so will have had time to be effective....given the interrogative nature of our press and public i'm somewhat surprised there hasn't been more about it.

Yes our rates are lower than they were... But they are still way way too high.

"

No need to post any of that, for someone thats trying to come across like he knows what he’s talking about, you’re completely missing the point, you haven’t really been paying attention, have you now sweetheart ?

"

You'd never heard of PCR before an algorithm popped some conspiracy nonsense into your various social media threads. You've been had, sunshine.

By *eenoseMan  over a year ago

Wigan

Anyone can post stats, since when have govts ever been straight with us

Manchester (she/her)

Perhaps it will change towards the end of March. Over 21 million vaccinated as of yesterday. 3 weeks for vaccine to kick in.

Not convinced... Let's pick a random date... Say... 6 weeks ago... And let's say as we have been told over 90 % of deaths are in over 80s...and let's say 6 weeks ago we had vaccinated the majority of over 80s so will have had time to be effective....given the interrogative nature of our press and public i'm somewhat surprised there hasn't been more about it.

Yes our rates are lower than they were... But they are still way way too high. "

I wonder about the Imperial REACT study. We shall see.

Yes our rates are lower than they were... But they are still way way too high. "

They had graphs at a press conference the other week that showed X was reducing in the over 80's faster than age groups not yet vaccinated. I can't remember if X was infections or hospitalisations though.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I wonder about the Imperial REACT study. "

Why isn't a new report metric ?

Manchester (she/her)

"

I wonder about the Imperial REACT study.

Why isn't a new report metric ? "

Lol

"

I’ll just leave you experts to it "

Cheers mate, appreciate it. Personal incredulity isn't a great position to argue from. That and Dunning-Kruger effect have totally done you.

[Removed by poster at 06/03/21 13:11:58]

"

And you’re still missing the point here, shall I repeat it again for you, It should have never been used in the 1st place, without that bogus “test” you never would have had the high number of “cases” due to the high false positive rare to justify the lockdowns and you claim to be intelligent? Just make sure you get vaccine moosh and “do your bit” "

You're missing the point that the method is entirely valid. Unequivocally.

Do you know how we monitor viral loads in HIV patients? RT-PCR.

London

"

And you’re still missing the point here, shall I repeat it again for you, It should have never been used in the 1st place, without that bogus “test” you never would have had the high number of “cases” due to the high false positive rare to justify the lockdowns and you claim to be intelligent? Just make sure you get vaccine moosh and “do your bit”

"

Ok mate, I know this, my ex works in an hiv clinic, doing secondary prevention but that’s still not the point here, it’s all well and good if used correctly but with Covid that hasn’t been the case, has it ?

"

Ok mate, I know this, my ex works in an hiv clinic, doing secondary prevention but that’s still not the point here, it’s all well and good if used correctly but with Covid that hasn’t been the case, has it ? "

What a way to undermine your argument.

Last time but very slowly - reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction is a valid technique to detect viruses. This includes SARS-CoV2.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Ok mate, I know this, my ex works in an hiv clinic, doing secondary prevention but that’s still not the point here, it’s all well and good if used correctly but with Covid that hasn’t been the case, has it ?

What a way to undermine your argument.

Last time but very slowly - reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction is a valid technique to detect viruses. This includes SARS-CoV2."

Ah, but you see, the inventor of PCR tests said something which has been taken wildly out of context, therefore take that sheeple.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I thought it meant the death rate of people being admitted to ICU/ITU was coming down.

I'm a div at times.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The logical answer is the virus is running out of hosts, if you brought back the poor people who died things would be alot worse or better depending on how well they isolated. But numbers would definitely be higher and there would be more people to vaccinate.

The virus is relying on mutation to survive apparently the number of variants is quite high compared to this time last year as you would expect.

North Yorkshire

"Maybe some deaths that would have been recorded as from Covid-19 are being reported as deaths from flu. Thus flu deaths show an increase and Covid-19 deaths decrease. "

So it makes it look like the vaccine is reducing the number of deaths from Covid-19.

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Seasonality and harvesting have been the two most overlooked topics throughout this pandemic.

Harvesting what?"

People.

Harvesting is a medical term.

Fact is that the vast majority who have died were going to die soon anyway. 1 year on average of life lost.

Melksham

Where are you getting this information?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Harvesting what?

People.

Fact is that the vast majority who have died were going to die soon anyway. 1 year on average of life lost."

There's never a precise date given for death by natural causes etc, so the average 1 year of life lost may be far from the truth and helps to ignore that some people have lost decades from their lives. Each of these people are individuals and loved - every day of their lives was precious. Worse, that so many lost their lives alone, without contact, words or compassion with loved ones.

Central

"

And you’re still missing the point here, shall I repeat it again for you, It should have never been used in the 1st place, without that bogus “test” you never would have had the high number of “cases” due to the high false positive rare to justify the lockdowns and you claim to be intelligent? Just make sure you get vaccine moosh and “do your bit”

Ok mate, I know this, my ex works in an hiv clinic, doing secondary prevention but that’s still not the point here, it’s all well and good if used correctly but with Covid that hasn’t been the case, has it ? "

The PCR testing has been held up as the gold standard, with Sars-Cov-2 testing. Occasionally people post something about it being misused but the research evidence seems to strongly support its use. I've intercepted your message exchange with someone else, so may have missed something within the dialogue.

Tin town

Harvesting what?

People.

Fact is that the vast majority who have died were going to die soon anyway. 1 year on average of life lost."

It's not just the timing of the death... Its the nature of it. I'd have rather my mum hadn't been tortured, being unable to gasp for breath, body wracked every minute of the day and night for 3 weeks with fear and pain. But still she was old so fuck her right?

Is it ok to call BS on that. Each time we (or anyone else) locked down...cases fell. If you don't go out much. If many shops and schools are closed then transmission goes down.

Schools have just reopened fully...cases will host up again...or at least the current fall in numbers will stall.

So last week a report came out in Spain and it said 100% the vaccines were bring down infection rates. This was based on infections in care homes.

The report said it took infection rates by 97%

Manchester (she/her)

Is it ok to call BS on that. Each time we (or anyone else) locked down...cases fell. If you don't go out much. If many shops and schools are closed then transmission goes down.

Schools have just reopened fully...cases will host up again...or at least the current fall in numbers will stall. "

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Lockdowns work, the vaccine is working. That's pretty much the long and short of it.

"Lockdowns work, the vaccine is working. That's pretty much the long and short of it. "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

* I mean this in an endearing way, not the sarcastic way it's usually used. "

Why do some allways want to disagree with the facts?I am sure it is a mixture of many reasons but working that is what matters.

I think the biggest thing that could wreck things is people going abroad for holidays and people from other countries coming hear.For me keep borders closed for another 12 months yes not economic sense in the short run but long term a great idea I think

Melksham

* I mean this in an endearing way, not the sarcastic way it's usually used. Why do some allways want to disagree with the facts?I am sure it is a mixture of many reasons but working that is what matters.

I think the biggest thing that could wreck things is people going abroad for holidays and people from other countries coming hear.For me keep borders closed for another 12 months yes not economic sense in the short run but long term a great idea I think"

Not sure what facts you are talking about or your source for these facts.

If its the BBC, they stopped making factual programs years ago. Now they produce opinion/narrative based propaganda for the masses.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

"

So why did they go up from last March ? And why are European countries (warmer) now seeing a new spike ?

The old flu argument should be long buried by now.

Melksham

So why did they go up from last March ? And why are European countries (warmer) now seeing a new spike ?

The old flu argument should be long buried by now. "

The WHO (not the band), show on their graph that there have been no flu cases worldwide since last June.

That is not just putting it to bed, that's dropping it down an old mine shaft and sealing it over.

No flu anymore, fucking marvelous, one less thing to worry about next winter.

market rasen

The WHO (not the band), show on their graph that there have been no flu cases worldwide since last June.

That is not just putting it to bed, that's dropping it down an old mine shaft and sealing it over.

No flu anymore, fucking marvelous, one less thing to worry about next winter."

Nearly 17,000 people died in England from the flu or pneumonia in 2020, 2500 died in the first 7 weeks of this year from flu or pneumonia. All on the ONS page which can’t be linked . So it hasn’t gone away. It’s just less prevalent.

Reality is that most of the people that die from flu each year are again in care homes. The people that were at risk to die from flu this year or last year have more than likely already succumbed to covid. We will never know.

Melksham

Nearly 17,000 people died in England from the flu or pneumonia in 2020, 2500 died in the first 7 weeks of this year from flu or pneumonia. All on the ONS page which can’t be linked . So it hasn’t gone away. It’s just less prevalent.

Reality is that most of the people that die from flu each year are again in care homes. The people that were at risk to die from flu this year or last year have more than likely already succumbed to covid. We will never know.

"

We will never know as they don't want us to know.

ONS is a great resource.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Funny how the data doesn't support the nonsense.

Why do some allways want to disagree with the facts?I am sure it is a mixture of many reasons but working that is what matters.

I think the biggest thing that could wreck things is people going abroad for holidays and people from other countries coming hear.For me keep borders closed for another 12 months yes not economic sense in the short run but long term a great idea I think"

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Central

We will never know as they don't want us to know.

ONS is a great resource."

We will never see the evidence for nonsense, though there's credible evidence for the reality that we have. Perhaps you could start putting your attention on the wealth of evidence that is helpful?

Central

No flu anymore, fucking marvelous, one less thing to worry about next winter."

That's more nonsense. Flu still exists, it's just that our measures that work against Sars-Cov-2 transmission also work against flu, so they've driven the numbers down. No fantasy magic or hidden agendas etc. Spreading good will, not alarm or viruses, is a worthy pursuit

Central

Funny how the data doesn't support the nonsense."

By *uma69Man  over a year ago

stockport

[Removed by poster at 11/03/21 12:23:38]

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

I don't know if each individual precaution is having much affect, but combined, they seem to be, the numbers are coming down, whatever the reason, and to me that is good news.

Easter eggs came out in the shops after Christmas and the infection rates have been dropping since that time.

Statistics show it's Easter eggs.

Tin town

"Easter eggs came out in the shops after Christmas and the infection rates have been dropping since that time.

Statistics show it's Easter eggs. "

The hidden link has been found.

Manchester (she/her)

"Thankfully the many memes of the debunked comments that flooded Facebook etc, that tried to detract from the accepted evidence supporting PCR testing for the SARS-Cov-2 genetic material are now discredited.

As the Public Health England, NHS and all reputable scientific journals attest, PCR testing is amongst the best testing that we have, outside of live virus culture. "

Agreed

upton wirral

* I mean this in an endearing way, not the sarcastic way it's usually used. Why do some allways want to disagree with the facts?I am sure it is a mixture of many reasons but working that is what matters.

I think the biggest thing that could wreck things is people going abroad for holidays and people from other countries coming hear.For me keep borders closed for another 12 months yes not economic sense in the short run but long term a great idea I think

Not sure what facts you are talking about or your source for these facts.

If its the BBC, they stopped making factual programs years ago. Now they produce opinion/narrative based propaganda for the masses. "

Well it is at the end of the day opinion and interpratation of the facts.I give my assessments not some other persons.

As for the BBC it has many factual programmes if you disagree fine but they are mostly on the ball

upton wirral

"Easter eggs came out in the shops after Christmas and the infection rates have been dropping since that time.

Statistics show it's Easter eggs. "

By *andL2014Couple  over a year ago

Kettering

I stopped reading this thread when I got to someone saying "Statistically speaking lockdowns have been shown to have no discernible impact on the rate of transmission."

Are people really that stupid?? Seriously? I genuinely despair of the human race at times

Just as an example... We are still getting more than double the infections every single day as new Zealand have had in total for the last 12 months. "

Came on here to say pretty much this. 100-200 deaths a day plus 4-6K infections. The vaccine was meant to protect against serious illness and death. I'd like to know how many people have caught covid and subsequently died after being vaccinated. Sorry if that sounds heartless but I feel someone somewhere isn't being honest here.

Central

Came on here to say pretty much this. 100-200 deaths a day plus 4-6K infections. The vaccine was meant to protect against serious illness and death. I'd like to know how many people have caught covid and subsequently died after being vaccinated. Sorry if that sounds heartless but I feel someone somewhere isn't being honest here. "

Have you seen false data published?

Were you tracking the numbers of people vaccinated, the dates of vaccinations and the delayed likely development of immunity dates, with the daily infection and death dates?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Everyone does everything right but it only takes one fox in the henhouse to kick it off again and we know that there are always someone who will just go out do just that.

By *had0wMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"

They're not flu cases now... they're covid

Southampton

Came on here to say pretty much this. 100-200 deaths a day plus 4-6K infections. The vaccine was meant to protect against serious illness and death. I'd like to know how many people have caught covid and subsequently died after being vaccinated. Sorry if that sounds heartless but I feel someone somewhere isn't being honest here.

Were you tracking the numbers of people vaccinated, the dates of vaccinations and the delayed likely development of immunity dates, with the daily infection and death dates? "

You see false data published EVERY day.... it's called the media, and government....

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Came on here to say pretty much this. 100-200 deaths a day plus 4-6K infections. The vaccine was meant to protect against serious illness and death. I'd like to know how many people have caught covid and subsequently died after being vaccinated. Sorry if that sounds heartless but I feel someone somewhere isn't being honest here. "

You would need context though with that stat.

Total covid deaths by 2 age groups

14097 in 45-64 group (few vaccinated )

60020 in 85+ group (almost all vaccinated)

In the last week

447 45-64

1237 85+

So, from this, we can see that the proportion of deaths in the older vaccinated group has dropped compared to the partially vaccinated group.

Vaccinated people are still dying with covid BUT please remember that the vaccine reduces transmission AND there is the covid deniers argument that many people who are recorded as a covid death were already close to death.

Southampton

In the last week

447 45-64

1237 85+

So, from this, we can see that the proportion of deaths in the older vaccinated group has dropped compared to the partially vaccinated group.

Vaccinated people are still dying with covid BUT please remember that the vaccine reduces transmission AND there is the covid deniers argument that many people who are recorded as a covid death were already close to death.

"

Covid deniers? Lol

Running the pcr (it's not a test according to its inventor) less cycles.

Manchester (she/her)

"Running the pcr (it's not a test according to its inventor) less cycles."

Two myths in one short sentence. Cute.

Southampton

"Running the pcr (it's not a test according to its inventor) less cycles.

Two myths in one short sentence. Cute."

Not a myth.. widely known yet widely ignored... do your research

Manchester (she/her)

Two myths in one short sentence. Cute.

Not a myth.. widely known yet widely ignored... do your research"

Have done, thank you. Used quality sources, it's why I know it's bullshit.

Were you tracking the numbers of people vaccinated, the dates of vaccinations and the delayed likely development of immunity dates, with the daily infection and death dates?

You see false data published EVERY day.... it's called the media, and government...."

Precisely and when you actually break it down there is no Covid vaccine, not a vaccine in a traditional sense it is a gene therapy it does NOT provide immunity against Covid 19 nor does it prevent the spread of the disease, it does not reach the CDC of definition of a vaccine - fact.

It does not provide immunity or the spread of the disease.

Never been tested on animals or human - you that do have the jab are the guinea pigs!!!

Untested and unproven gene therapy.

ONE of the best Dr's to explain this is in very simple terms is Steven F. Hotze, MD

Bristol

You see false data published EVERY day.... it's called the media, and government....

Precisely and when you actually break it down there is no Covid vaccine, not a vaccine in a traditional sense it is a gene therapy it does NOT provide immunity against Covid 19 nor does it prevent the spread of the disease, it does not reach the CDC of definition of a vaccine - fact.

Never been tested on animals or human - you that do have the jab are the guinea pigs!!!

ONE of the best Dr's to explain this is in very simple terms is Steven F. Hotze, MD"

And we have another one

Manchester (she/her)

ONE of the best Dr's to explain this is in very simple terms is Steven F. Hotze, MD"

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

ONE of the best Dr's to explain this is in very simple terms is Steven F. Hotze, MD

And we have another one "

Indeed

Tin town

Were you tracking the numbers of people vaccinated, the dates of vaccinations and the delayed likely development of immunity dates, with the daily infection and death dates? "

I look everyday.. (sad I know but ever hopeful of a positive movement).

The vaccine takes (depending on your vaccine and source) somewhere between 2 to 4 weeks to develop its effectiveness. We have been injecting since what? 2nd week of Dec?

In the same was as infections are a pretty good indication of hospital admissions in 2 to 4 weeks time... And admissions are a pretty good indication of deaths in 2 to 4 weeks after that. When we lock down... It takes 2 to 3 weeks for infections to start dropping and then 2 to 4 weeks for admissions to drop and 2 to 4 weeks for deaths to drop. There are patterns.

In the same way that the rate of decrease has pretty much flattened out now with infections and actually increased slightly yesterday.. Day on day and week on week... Anyway you count it.

It's spelled 'Dr Seuss'.

there must be some middle ground between lockdown zealots and covidiots/deniers /anti vaxxers..

By *usty kayWoman  over a year ago

Burnham

I love these posts, best way to see who I would avoid meeting!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Cases and deaths clearly falling fastest in the groups that have been prioritised for vaccination. What more do you need to know

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Cases and deaths clearly falling fastest in the groups that have been prioritised for vaccination. What more do you need to know"

I agree we should see the numbers, however what I do know is that a friend who is an A &E consultant working on a Covid ward in Birmingham says that they have far more new cases in the 50 and below age groups now and as far as he is aware the number of vaccinated patients who have subsequently died from Covid is very small and tends to be those with significant underlying conditions.

Yes I'd like to see all that data. Interesting stay for you all though. Currently 8,000 people in hospital with covid. 1,000 on Mechanical beds.

In the last week

447 45-64

1237 85+

"

This gives some interesting context then. So the vaccine is having an impact but maybe not as high as we had first been led to believe. The amount of people in hospital and on mechanical beds is promising though. Its something to keep an eye on.

Cases and deaths clearly falling fastest in the groups that have been prioritised for vaccination. What more do you need to know"

How many people that have been vaccinated have subsequently passed?

How many people are in hospital / on ventilators.

If there is a significant shift in the age group of fatalities.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes I'd like to see all that data. Interesting stay for you all though. Currently 8,000 people in hospital with covid. 1,000 on Mechanical beds. "

Which compared to 12 February is a significant drop, 22,323 people in hospital and 2,943 on mechanical ventilation. Things are moving in the right direction, but it is going to take time.

So in a month people on ventilation has dropped by a third as has people in hospital. I'd be happy to see the same trend by April 12.

On a mooch

"So in a month people on ventilation has dropped by a third as has people in hospital. I'd be happy to see the same trend by April 12."

Here’s hoping it continues that way.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

40 % I'm 53 not had first yet I would class any one working or over 18 as adult

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Is it coming down because we are in lockdown?"

Simply yes

Tin town

40 % I'm 53 not had first yet I would class any one working or over 18 as adult "

Yes I think over 18 is how adults are defined.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Numbers are still in the same ballpark as the original peak but treatment has changed, which means the ratio of those dying is lower.

Northern Ireland and Scotland aren't coming down as fast, and that's worth tracking and understanding. I haven't looked at reports this week.

As children get tested the numbers testing positive will go up, but that may not affect the sickness rate if the children and young people are asymptomatic. We'll know at the end of next week if they are taking the virus home with them.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

In the last week

447 45-64

1237 85+

This gives some interesting context then. So the vaccine is having an impact but maybe not as high as we had first been led to believe. The amount of people in hospital and on mechanical beds is promising though. Its something to keep an eye on. "

I don't think we can read too much into it yet. It could be that the older generation don't build up the antibodies as much as the average aged person in the trials (Wasn't there EU concerns about this for the AstraZeneca?) so the cases in the older groups will always remain higher than the average. However, if the vaccine reduces the severity and reduces transmission then that's half the battle won.

In Scotland, in total, there has been 210k cases and of these 9k in the 85+ group. That's 4.3% of cases.

This week there has been 3876 cases and of these 44 in the 85+ age group. That's 1.1%

So, clearly, the cases in the 85+ age group dropping faster.

In 25-44 group (few vaccinated) overall 32.2% but 36.6% this week.

In 65-74 group (most vaccinated) overall 6.1% but 2.9% this week.

Dudley

Steven Hotze is a talk-radio host, physician, and Republican activist in Texas. He is an anti-LGBT rights activist, and has filed lawsuits to strike down COVID-19-related public health measures and invalidate ballots cast in the 2020 US election.

Says it all.

Warwick

Steven Hotze is a talk-radio host, physician, and Republican activist in Texas. He is an anti-LGBT rights activist, and has filed lawsuits to strike down COVID-19-related public health measures and invalidate ballots cast in the 2020 US election.

Says it all. "

Absolutely, google Steven Hotze and it doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes to realise that this guy has been pedalling all sorts of rubbish for the whole of his career, and has made a lot of money doing it!

Dudley

"

Absolutely, google Steven Hotze and it doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes to realise that this guy has been pedalling all sorts of rubbish for the whole of his career, and has made a lot of money doing it!"

I love it when people cite a complete nutcase as the source of their research.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Absolutely, google Steven Hotze and it doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes to realise that this guy has been pedalling all sorts of rubbish for the whole of his career, and has made a lot of money doing it!

I love it when people cite a complete nutcase as the source of their research."

Mmhm

Warwick

Some figures were quoted on the BBC this evening regarding concerns relating to the AZ vaccine. Approximately 10M people have received the vaccine and approximately 1 in 50 of those get some sort of reaction. Of those 10M, 275 have died since receiving the vaccine, taking into account the age of those vaccinated the 275 is the amount of people that would have been expected to die in the same timescales. This tells us two things - the vaccine is protecting the vast majority ( otherwise the number of deaths in this group would have been significantly more) and there is no evidence to suggest the vaccine is significantly harming or killing anyone.

It’s a long game....

1. The delayed vaccine regime especially by Pfizer Biontech could be very risky especially for those over 70

2. We’re in lockdown- less social interaction- the vaccines have not be properly challenged yet.

Let’s see what happens

Central

We would reliably turn our attention to respected scientific literature, where credible science is published. Anyone not involved in active research or a current expert in the field, isn't relevant. All of the necessary data can be sourced well away from those who are unreliable.

As for the comments about gene therapy and none of the vaccines being vaccines. I do trust that you know that that is nonsense. We have a duty of care to others posting things publicly, as others' lives are potentially in our hands. Posting misinformation could lead to decisions being taken that could result in the loss of life. Think and reflect before you post.

"Running the pcr (it's not a test according to its inventor) less cycles."

Haha, not this again?

Manchester (she/her)

Haha, not this again?"

You don't think they have new arguments, do you?

Dudley

Haha, not this again?

You don't think they have new arguments, do you? "

Then they call us sheep.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Seeing lots of ppl either for the jab or anti jab..... Either have the jab or don't have it but stop debating. Ive had mine and looking forward to some kind of normality..... Rant over

Breaking news a care home in Devon all had the jab in January, 9 died and 2 in hospital today. Looks like a rethink on the vaccine.

Manchester (she/her)

"Breaking news a care home in Devon all had the jab in January, 9 died and 2 in hospital today. Looks like a rethink on the vaccine. "

Did you know that the vaccine is two doses?

market rasen

"Breaking news a care home in Devon all had the jab in January, 9 died and 2 in hospital today. Looks like a rethink on the vaccine. "

They caught it just after they got the vaccine. Unfortunately very bad timing for them. One breach in a very low covid positive area has wrecked havoc there.

Manchester (she/her)

"Breaking news a care home in Devon all had the jab in January, 9 died and 2 in hospital today. Looks like a rethink on the vaccine.

They caught it just after they got the vaccine. Unfortunately very bad timing for them. One breach in a very low covid positive area has wrecked havoc there. "

Darn us with facts to puncture nonsense

Could things be because covid is a flu virus thats been modified by scientists in a lab to reduce populaton and cause scare mongering for lockdowns due to it changing it self like the film Virus and others

Bristol

I presume that this care home was full of quite old and frail people ?

Bristol

"Could things be because covid is a flu virus thats been modified by scientists in a lab to reduce populaton and cause scare mongering for lockdowns due to it changing it self like the film Virus and others"

All viruses change and mutate it’s the nature of viruses

Manchester (she/her)

"Could things be because covid is a flu virus thats been modified by scientists in a lab to reduce populaton and cause scare mongering for lockdowns due to it changing it self like the film Virus and others"

Flu is not a Coronavirus.

Hope this helps.

"

Hope this helps."

This.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be...?

Stockport

"Could things be because covid is a flu virus thats been modified by scientists in a lab to reduce populaton and cause scare mongering for lockdowns due to it changing it self like the film Virus and others

Hope this helps."

Similarly, elephants are not rhinoceroses. They both do a lot of damage if they trample you, but a rhino can catch up to your jeep and is a damn sight more deadly...

Manchester (she/her)

"Could things be because covid is a flu virus thats been modified by scientists in a lab to reduce populaton and cause scare mongering for lockdowns due to it changing it self like the film Virus and others

Hope this helps.

Similarly, elephants are not rhinoceroses. They both do a lot of damage if they trample you, but a rhino can catch up to your jeep and is a damn sight more deadly..."

Cats are not dogs, and Tesco isn't Sainsbury's

Melksham

"Breaking news a care home in Devon all had the jab in January, 9 died and 2 in hospital today. Looks like a rethink on the vaccine.

They caught it just after they got the vaccine. Unfortunately very bad timing for them. One breach in a very low covid positive area has wrecked havoc there.

Darn us with facts to puncture nonsense"

Thats not the only care home that has happened in, even with the tight controls they have on visitors and staff. Still I am sure there are a few on here from certain organisations who will say its a coincidence.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Why?

Stockport

Hope this helps.

Similarly, elephants are not rhinoceroses. They both do a lot of damage if they trample you, but a rhino can catch up to your jeep and is a damn sight more deadly...

Cats are not dogs, and Tesco isn't Sainsbury's"

Ah, but is Sainsbury's more likely to kill you than Tesco?

Hope this helps."

All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus.

Melksham

Hope this helps.All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus. "

Manchester (she/her)

Hope this helps.All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus. "

Uh... partial credit for the crown bit, partial credit for knowing that colds are corona viruses. The rest is crap.

Melksham

Hope this helps.All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus.

Uh... partial credit for the crown bit, partial credit for knowing that colds are corona viruses. The rest is crap."

I thought your group shared this account, or do you just not sleep?

Dudley

Thats not the only care home that has happened in, even with the tight controls they have on visitors and staff. Still I am sure there are a few on here from certain organisations who will say its a coincidence."

There was an outbreak of covid, some people died, most likely from covid, it's likely a coincidence that they had their vaccine around that time.

Melksham

Thats not the only care home that has happened in, even with the tight controls they have on visitors and staff. Still I am sure there are a few on here from certain organisations who will say its a coincidence.

There was an outbreak of covid, some people died, most likely from covid, it's likely a coincidence that they had their vaccine around that time. "

Oh dear, oh dear.

Quick put your head back in the sand love!

Dudley

There was an outbreak of covid, some people died, most likely from covid, it's likely a coincidence that they had their vaccine around that time.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Quick put your head back in the sand love!"

I'm perfectly fine as I am, thanks.

Manchester (she/her)

There was an outbreak of covid, some people died, most likely from covid, it's likely a coincidence that they had their vaccine around that time. "

It's almost an industry, trying to hammer coincidence into scary stories

Dudley

It's almost an industry, trying to hammer coincidence into scary stories "

I'm surprised these people get out of bed in the morning, it must be terrifying to constantly think everyone is trying to kill you.

Melksham

I'm surprised these people get out of bed in the morning, it must be terrifying to constantly think everyone is trying to kill you. "

Stick to the narrative as thats all you have.

But, you could have a look at the figures on the ONS site. I am sure you will be able to rubbish the stats on there and find a coincidence or two as well.

Dudley

I'm surprised these people get out of bed in the morning, it must be terrifying to constantly think everyone is trying to kill you.

But, you could have a look at the figures on the ONS site. I am sure you will be able to rubbish the stats on there and find a coincidence or two as well. "

For what purpose exactly? Are they going to prove that the vaccine was responsible for those specific deaths?

Melksham

But, you could have a look at the figures on the ONS site. I am sure you will be able to rubbish the stats on there and find a coincidence or two as well.

For what purpose exactly? Are they going to prove that the vaccine was responsible for those specific deaths? "

Forget it love, keep watching the BBC

Dudley

For what purpose exactly? Are they going to prove that the vaccine was responsible for those specific deaths?

Forget it love, keep watching the BBC"

You soon back off when you realise you're talking nonsense.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

"

Then why isn't that true of the Southern hemisphere countries?

Melksham

You soon back off when you realise you're talking nonsense. "

No, just losing the will to live with people like you who do not have the mental capcity to join up the dots and believe the bullshit from westminster.

But it will be your loss in the end.

Dudley

You soon back off when you realise you're talking nonsense.

No, just losing the will to live with people like you who do not have the mental capcity to join up the dots and believe the bullshit from westminster.

But it will be your loss in the end."

I don't think so since I'll be out enjoying life while you're not allowed to go anywhere because you don't have a vaccine passport.

Thats not the only care home that has happened in, even with the tight controls they have on visitors and staff. Still I am sure there are a few on here from certain organisations who will say its a coincidence."

What do you mean a coincidence?

"All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus. "

What a load of nonsense. Coronaviruses and influenza are separate families of viruses. All are members of Orthornavirae taxonomic kingdom. Taxonomy is a nested hierarchy.

Manchester (she/her)

Then why isn't that true of the Southern hemisphere countries?"

Apparently Australian cities don't have population density issues because the outback exists

Central

"All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus.

What a load of nonsense. Coronaviruses and influenza are separate families of viruses. All are members of Orthornavirae taxonomic kingdom. Taxonomy is a nested hierarchy."

But! Some people like to get their 'facts' from qanon and fbook type memes, that regurgitate groundless stuff for people to believe and stay on message. Why would someone stick with credible sources, for openly available, simple to understand material!? . There's only been a year to learn some simple basics about coronaviruses Or flu, if they cared to research, at all.

Manchester (she/her)

"All colds and flu are from the corona family, corona means crown. So colds and flu viruses have a crown like spike in their make up, so covid is a flu virus.

What a load of nonsense. Coronaviruses and influenza are separate families of viruses. All are members of Orthornavirae taxonomic kingdom. Taxonomy is a nested hierarchy.

But! Some people like to get their 'facts' from qanon and fbook type memes, that regurgitate groundless stuff for people to believe and stay on message. Why would someone stick with credible sources, for openly available, simple to understand material!? . There's only been a year to learn some simple basics about coronaviruses Or flu, if they cared to research, at all. "

Credible sources and evidence are for sheeple

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts. "

Fact: Lockdowns reduce transmission.

Fact: Vaccinations work.

Fact: It also works on flu.

Hurrah!

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!"

FACT Lockdowns have double the weath of the rich

FACT Vaccines won't stop transmission

FACT We have never had a cure for the flu

Manchester (she/her)

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

"

But still necessary, and (unlike death) fixable

Data is showing that's wrong

No one's looking for a cure for the flu, but the rise in mRNA vaccines may transform the flu vaccine and help that as well.

Vaccines are bloody marvellous, and that's a fact

By *lkNhungMan  over a year ago

Luton

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

"

Someone who sees it for what it really is!!

Oh dear, oh dear.

Quick put your head back in the sand love!"

There could be more to the story about the care home in Sid mouth. They were shortly due- this week- their second jab, which would put the first jab in early Jan.

Fine if it’s the AZ vaccine but could be very troubling if they were using the Pfizer Biontech-

the extended regime instead of what Pfizer say( 2nd dose 3 weeks after 1st)

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

Someone who sees it for what it really is!! "

Another fact: death rate per thousand in 2003 10.3, death rate in 2020 10.2 per thousand.

By *uma69Man  over a year ago

stockport

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

No one's looking for a cure for the flu, but the rise in mRNA vaccines may transform the flu vaccine and help that as well.

Vaccines are bloody marvellous, and that's a fact "

The vaccine I feel will change coronavirus put spike proteins in to your cells and make more spike proteins which in turn will probably mutate the virus into a stronger variety and make all the people who had the vaccine superspreaders of a new variant

I hope to god I'm wrong !!!

Flu vaccine if they have worked so well why are we still giving it as all the scientists know the flu mutates and theres no cure

Tb and many others are a one shot jabs and dont have to be taken every year like the flu jab?

If vaccines are so great why do the Cdc have Vaers why is there a yellow card reporting scheme why are the gov offering vaccine damage payments of up £120,000 of tax payers money per person for severe disability so of course they are 100% safe and effective

Manchester (she/her)

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

Vaccines are bloody marvellous, and that's a fact

The vaccine I feel will change coronavirus put spike proteins in to your cells and make more spike proteins which in turn will probably mutate the virus into a stronger variety and make all the people who had the vaccine superspreaders of a new variant

I hope to god I'm wrong !!!

Flu vaccine if they have worked so well why are we still giving it as all the scientists know the flu mutates and theres no cure

Tb and many others are a one shot jabs and dont have to be taken every year like the flu jab?

If vaccines are so great why do the Cdc have Vaers why is there a yellow card reporting scheme why are the gov offering vaccine damage payments of up £120,000 of tax payers money per person for severe disability so of course they are 100% safe and effective

"

Because nothing is 100% safe and safety monitoring and compensation is important for the minority who suffer.

I don't know the mechanics of why things are one versus two dose, but it's far from the only one (I think I've had four MMRs in my life? Maybe five?)

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

Another fact: death rate per thousand in 2003 10.3, death rate in 2020 10.2 per thousand."

Death rate of what? Car crashes? Food allergies?

What was the population at both those times?

On a mooch

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

Another fact: death rate per thousand in 2003 10.3, death rate in 2020 10.2 per thousand."

Why only quote 2003, when the death rate was similar all the way back to 1990. Our deaths annually have averaged out around the 530,000 per year for a very long time until 2020. The deaths per 100,000 being based on population size which has been growing year on year.

* ONS Deaths in the UK from 1990 to 2020

Tin town

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

I have no idea if your stats are correct or not.. Ill assume they are as its so easy to Google them. But Im nor entirely sure what your point is. The fact that our death rate per thousand is roughly equivalent now to 20 years ago.? But would we not expect improvements in health and medicine to increase our lifespan? For one example treatments for cancers? Or also for coronorary or other long term diseases? I mean everybody does eventually do I'd have thought using your quote above death rate per 1000 is actually 1000.?

One important item which is always forgotten is the impact of long covid which can be disastrous for many folks...and which we seem to know so little about. Its great that lots of people... Most people seem to make a full recovery but that others seem to have dreadful consequences.

Central

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

"

It's worth learning something, before posting incorrect things as your so called 'facts'.

Vaccines can stop transmission. It sometimes needs the right dosing - amount and schedule. And definitely needs the right vaccine. We already have a selection of them and more will follow. Greater levels of substantial, varied research evidence is also being gained. Options such as varied doses, different vaccines being used etc, as well as the new vaccines are great options for us. The current vaccines have been shown to reduce transmission by 85%, so we should expect to see increases of this over time. Herd immunity also helps to create a population that will generally be immune and the virus finds dead ends.

But your fact is not a fact. Vaccines can and do stop transmission. And some provide huge benefits, helping to stop societies being ravaged by high levels of death and serious illness - which is a huge improvement, by comparison. Get your facts right

Manchester (she/her)

Who is disagreeing?

I'm asking for facts.

Hurrah!

It's worth learning something, before posting incorrect things as your so called 'facts'.

Vaccines can stop transmission. It sometimes needs the right dosing - amount and schedule. And definitely needs the right vaccine. We already have a selection of them and more will follow. Greater levels of substantial, varied research evidence is also being gained. Options such as varied doses, different vaccines being used etc, as well as the new vaccines are great options for us. The current vaccines have been shown to reduce transmission by 85%, so we should expect to see increases of this over time. Herd immunity also helps to create a population that will generally be immune and the virus finds dead ends.

But your fact is not a fact. Vaccines can and do stop transmission. And some provide huge benefits, helping to stop societies being ravaged by high levels of death and serious illness - which is a huge improvement, by comparison. Get your facts right "

Don't be silly, Sophie, vaccines don't stop transmission, that's why we see much more measles all over the world than Covid, and why smallpox still ravages society.