FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Proof of vaccination

Proof of vaccination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So pre pandemic me and my partner used to go to over 35's club nights that were normally held in hotels or leisure clubs.

We have just had an email from them saying they are hoping to restart them at the end of June and it was saying about people getting 15 months free membership who were members before.

The email also said that you will only be accepted for membership or renewal of membership If you can prove you have had a vaccination by bringing your appointment card.

So its looking like Businesses are going to require vaccination proof before entry.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

And rightly so

Taking very responsible steps to protect Thier business and clients ,I hope many many venues take the same safeguarding measures

"And rightly so

Taking very responsible steps to protect Thier business and clients ,I hope many many venues take the same safeguarding measures "

I do agree however obviously by June the majority of their Clientele probably wouldn't have had both vaccines and also what proof do they want because you only get given an appointment card that hasn't even got my name on it. I don't have a problem with it but I was very surprised by it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Interesting. I wonder if businesses have notice this is coming, or if they're planning in case it happens

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And rightly so

Taking very responsible steps to protect Thier business and clients ,I hope many many venues take the same safeguarding measures

I do agree however obviously by June the majority of their Clientele probably wouldn't have had both vaccines and also what proof do they want because you only get given an appointment card that hasn't even got my name on it. I don't have a problem with it but I was very surprised by it. "

I didn’t get given anything, not even a card, as the GP is keeping the record.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"And rightly so

I do agree however obviously by June the majority of their Clientele probably wouldn't have had both vaccines and also what proof do they want because you only get given an appointment card that hasn't even got my name on it. I don't have a problem with it but I was very surprised by it.

I didn’t get given anything, not even a card, as the GP is keeping the record. "

You should have received a record with the batch number as well as advice on side effects ... if not your gp is a but crap

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Will there be a market in people selling their vaccination cards to the unvaccinated ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Will there be a market in people selling their vaccination cards to the unvaccinated ?"

Probably. I imagine the law has ways to deal with that sort of nonsense

"And rightly so

You should have received a record with the batch number as well as advice on side effects ... if not your gp is a but crap "

We got a leaflet, not sure if it had the batch number on.

"And rightly so

I didn’t get given anything, not even a card, as the GP is keeping the record. "

I know other people in the same situation so what's gonna happen?

It was Quite vague and just said you must show Vaccination card at reception.

Didn't say whether you needed to have had 2 doses, Or what happens if your medically exempt so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

"Will there be a market in people selling their vaccination cards to the unvaccinated ?"

I just said the same thing to ash because we both have our vaccination appointment cards with our 1st vaccination on it but it doesn't actually say whether it's our 1st or 2nd.

I just said we could give those to anybody, Obviously we wouldn't.

"And rightly so

You should have received a record with the batch number as well as advice on side effects ... if not your gp is a but crap

We got a leaflet, not sure if it had the batch number on. "

But again that's the point it's not proof so I don't know like swing said whether they are doing it just to cover themselves or whether they think that it's gonna be mandatory by the government.

Who knows!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So pre pandemic me and my partner used to go to over 35's club nights that were normally held in hotels or leisure clubs.

We have just had an email from them saying they are hoping to restart them at the end of June and it was saying about people getting 15 months free membership who were members before.

The email also said that you will only be accepted for membership or renewal of membership If you can prove you have had a vaccination by bringing your appointment card.

So its looking like Businesses are going to require vaccination proof before entry. "

Sounds good but do you get anything after second jab to proof you have had it?

Leeds

"Sounds good but do you get anything after second jab to proof you have had it?"

Yes. Date and batch number on the card

"So pre pandemic me and my partner used to go to over 35's club nights that were normally held in hotels or leisure clubs.

So its looking like Businesses are going to require vaccination proof before entry. Sounds good but do you get anything after second jab to proof you have had it?"

I'm not sure. I don't think you do, other than a handwritten card with the batch number and date of vaccination same as after the 1st but ours doesn't even have our names on it.

I think the government are going to have to rethink the vaccine passport as it does look like businesses are going to require this and after Cyprus announcement today I think it's inevitable.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I got a blue vaccine card, it had the date of my first vaccine plus batch no etc. It also has the date for my second vaccine on it and space for the batch number of that. I was asked to bring it back. My Dad has the same blue card and he lives an hour away in a totally different area. Have others not got one of these? Yes, they can be fabricated probably but better than nothing?

Manchester (she/her)

"I got a blue vaccine card, it had the date of my first vaccine plus batch no etc. It also has the date for my second vaccine on it and space for the batch number of that. I was asked to bring it back. My Dad has the same blue card and he lives an hour away in a totally different area. Have others not got one of these? Yes, they can be fabricated probably but better than nothing?"

I have NHS friends around the country with identical things. But I don't think that's going to be enough.

"I got a blue vaccine card, it had the date of my first vaccine plus batch no etc. It also has the date for my second vaccine on it and space for the batch number of that. I was asked to bring it back. My Dad has the same blue card and he lives an hour away in a totally different area. Have others not got one of these? Yes, they can be fabricated probably but better than nothing?"

Yes but the point is it doesn't even have our names on it and there only hand written so I could pass mine to my friend and no one would know.

My point is if businesses are going to require this but government has to have a system in place for people to be able to provide legitimate proof.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

We both had our first jab this morning and same card..

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

i want a full frisking as well! and then my card stamped FRISKED lol

North West

"I got a blue vaccine card, it had the date of my first vaccine plus batch no etc. It also has the date for my second vaccine on it and space for the batch number of that. I was asked to bring it back. My Dad has the same blue card and he lives an hour away in a totally different area. Have others not got one of these? Yes, they can be fabricated probably but better than nothing?

Yes but the point is it doesn't even have our names on it and there only hand written so I could pass mine to my friend and no one would know.

My point is if businesses are going to require this but government has to have a system in place for people to be able to provide legitimate proof. "

I think mine has a sticker on the front with my personal details and NHS number, BUT it's in my wheelchair pouch and my wheelchair is in the car. And it's 3°C so I'll look tomorrow

"I got a blue vaccine card, it had the date of my first vaccine plus batch no etc. It also has the date for my second vaccine on it and space for the batch number of that. I was asked to bring it back. My Dad has the same blue card and he lives an hour away in a totally different area. Have others not got one of these? Yes, they can be fabricated probably but better than nothing?

My point is if businesses are going to require this but government has to have a system in place for people to be able to provide legitimate proof.

I think mine has a sticker on the front with my personal details and NHS number, BUT it's in my wheelchair pouch and my wheelchair is in the car. And it's 3°C so I'll look tomorrow "

Ours doesn't.

They specifically said we wouldn’t get anything when I went, that the Gp would keep a record?

in Lancashire

"They specifically said we wouldn’t get anything when I went, that the Gp would keep a record?"

The batch number of the vaccine is recorded on the card plus name and date etc, the GP will be informed as the individuals NHS number is part of the process but you should have been given a card..

North West

"They specifically said we wouldn’t get anything when I went, that the Gp would keep a record?

The batch number of the vaccine is recorded on the card plus name and date etc, the GP will be informed as the individuals NHS number is part of the process but you should have been given a card.."

My vaccine was done by my GP so it was them who gave me the blue card. I'm starting in the mass vaccine clinics soon so I'll see what happens there....

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

I have the same blue card but was a little shocked when a friend who lives about 20 miles away and goes to different GP had the same batch number?!!

hi got a call from doc telling me to go to vac centre no card just given a leaflet as i left with what side effects to look out for

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Sounds good but do you get anything after second jab to proof you have had it?

Yes. Date and batch number on the card"

Thanks

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

"They specifically said we wouldn’t get anything when I went, that the Gp would keep a record?

The batch number of the vaccine is recorded on the card plus name and date etc, the GP will be informed as the individuals NHS number is part of the process but you should have been given a card.."

I have had mine through one council and my son through the one we live in.

Both cards are the same and state the Batch number, code and the type of vaccination, no name, no nhs number, so could give the card to anyone.

This is exactly what I mean just from the few people have commented on the thread we have all had quite different experiences of getting a card and what's on it.

So if businesses are going to require this I think the government's hand is going to be forced in making sure people have proof when asked for it.

North West

I have the same blue card but was a little shocked when a friend who lives about 20 miles away and goes to different GP had the same batch number?!! "

The batches of Pfizer-BioNTech are 975 doses, I believe, so it's possible that from the cold store (usually one large hospital with the ability to freeze at minus 70°C), one batch was split and sent to surgeries.

The batch number of the vaccine is recorded on the card plus name and date etc, the GP will be informed as the individuals NHS number is part of the process but you should have been given a card..

My vaccine was done by my GP so it was them who gave me the blue card. I'm starting in the mass vaccine clinics soon so I'll see what happens there...."

Mine was done at a mass clinic.

in Lancashire

I have had mine through one council and my son through the one we live in.

Both cards are the same and state the Batch number, code and the type of vaccination, no name, no nhs number, so could give the card to anyone."

The NHS number isn't on our cards, when the HCP verified who I was etc my NHS number is like everyone who has one on the system..

Seems to be anomalies in different areas over whether the individuals name is added..

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

Got the card when I had my first jab..date etc and next jab date, when hubby got his first jab he got the card but no date for next jab..

"Got the card when I had my first jab..date etc and next jab date, when hubby got his first jab he got the card but no date for next jab.. "

We didn't either.

Most people don't get a second appointment date, just have to wait until called for the second.

in Lancashire

"This is exactly what I mean just from the few people have commented on the thread we have all had quite different experiences of getting a card and what's on it.

So if businesses are going to require this I think the government's hand is going to be forced in making sure people have proof when asked for it. "

Whatever format they use it won't be the cards given out, there will be a specific reference number for each person..

Similar to individual NI numbers perhaps..

"This is exactly what I mean just from the few people have commented on the thread we have all had quite different experiences of getting a card and what's on it.

So if businesses are going to require this I think the government's hand is going to be forced in making sure people have proof when asked for it.

Whatever format they use it won't be the cards given out, there will be a specific reference number for each person..

Similar to individual NI numbers perhaps.."

Yes but the point is the government are still saying they probably won't have anything other than possibly the app.

Will that be ready in time for June?

North West

Yes but the point is the government are still saying they probably won't have anything other than possibly the app.

Will that be ready in time for June? "

Someone's mate will invent a world beating app overnight, don't worry. Matty H is on his WhatApps already, sorting it out

in Lancashire

Will that be ready in time for June? "

Not if the leave it to Dido Harding and the world beating track and trace lot ..

It could well be outsourced given the size and complexity of what might be needed..

Someone's mate will invent a world beating app overnight, don't worry. Matty H is on his WhatApps already, sorting it out "

Cynicism I sense there mrs KC.

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

"Got the card when I had my first jab..date etc and next jab date, when hubby got his first jab he got the card but no date for next jab..

We didn't either.

Most people don't get a second appointment date, just have to wait until called for the second. "

I was given a second date when booking in for my first vaccination

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

The world is gone crazy! Soon we will be required by law to be microchipped and have collars round our neck.

North West

Someone's mate will invent a world beating app overnight, don't worry. Matty H is on his WhatApps already, sorting it out

Cynicism I sense there mrs KC. "

Not just me, my local Lancashire based associates above had the same idea

"Will there be a market in people selling their vaccination cards to the unvaccinated ?

Probably. I imagine the law has ways to deal with that sort of nonsense"

Considering you can get fake drivers licenses, fake passports, fake mot certificates, I can't see a fake vaccination card is high on the list crime of the century

in Lancashire

"The world is gone crazy! Soon we will be required by law to be microchipped and have collars round our neck. "

Psst..

Your phone..

Bin it now..

"The world is gone crazy! Soon we will be required by law to be microchipped and have collars round our neck. "

Hardly the same as showing an appointment card!

North West

"The world is gone crazy! Soon we will be required by law to be microchipped and have collars round our neck.

Psst..

Your phone..

Bin it now.. "

I've already got a collar

in Lancashire

"The world is gone crazy! Soon we will be required by law to be microchipped and have collars round our neck.

Psst..

Your phone..

Bin it now..

I've already got a collar "

Nothing wrong with that..

Still unpacking random boxes and keep finding interesting things of a similar nature..

Manchester (she/her)

Psst..

Your phone..

Bin it now..

I've already got a collar "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

If it links up to your nhs record could be as simple as showing them your nhs app data on your phone

"If it links up to your nhs record could be as simple as showing them your nhs app data on your phone "

Yes but what happens to people that dont have a smart phone.

Ash's 90 year mother doesn't.

I'm not saying it's a bad are you doing I'm just saying something needs to be thought up quickly.

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

London

Am I the inky one intrigued to know which hotel club meet this is?

"Am I the inky one intrigued to know which hotel club meet this is? "

It's not a hotel club meet it's a London based company that puts on dance parties for the over 35 and they are based at different locations all over London and Essex.

On a mooch

"If it links up to your nhs record could be as simple as showing them your nhs app data on your phone

I'm not saying it's a bad are you doing I'm just saying something needs to be thought up quickly."

It’s something they are reviewing but what they come up with, if anything, for domestic use remains to be seen.

"If it links up to your nhs record could be as simple as showing them your nhs app data on your phone

I'm not saying it's a bad are you doing I'm just saying something needs to be thought up quickly.

It’s something they are reviewing but what they come up with, if anything, for domestic use remains to be seen. "

Yes but like I said if individual companies are going to start saying no vaccine no entry something's going to be needed I think.

Time will tell what happens because at the moment the email we received is so vague it just says you need to show your appointment card.

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"Am I the inky one intrigued to know which hotel club meet this is?

It's not a hotel club meet it's a London based company that puts on dance parties for the over 35 and they are based at different locations all over London and Essex."

Am ok, I am not old enough yet

"Am I the inky one intrigued to know which hotel club meet this is?

It's not a hotel club meet it's a London based company that puts on dance parties for the over 35 and they are based at different locations all over London and Essex.

Am ok, I am not old enough yet "

North West

Never mind where's the hotel, I want to know what club nights Ash's mum will need her vaccine app for?!

On a mooch

It’s something they are reviewing but what they come up with, if anything, for domestic use remains to be seen.

Yes but like I said if individual companies are going to start saying no vaccine no entry something's going to be needed I think.

Time will tell what happens because at the moment the email we received is so vague it just says you need to show your appointment card. "

It is all vague, along with how that works for those that can’t have the vaccine.

To many questions in mind still to be answered to worry about it.

Time will tell what happens because at the moment the email we received is so vague it just says you need to show your appointment card.

It is all vague, along with how that works for those that can’t have the vaccine.

To many questions in mind still to be answered to worry about it. "

Definitely as there was nothing about if you hadn't been called for your vaccine by that point or whether you needed to had both doses so like I said we will just have to wait and see.

It's just all getting a bit confusing I think.

On a mooch

Definitely as there was nothing about if you hadn't been called for your vaccine by that point or whether you needed to had both doses so like I said we will just have to wait and see.

It's just all getting a bit confusing I think. "

That’s why I’m not thinking about it until it’s all been decided.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

Maybe a system is needed to easily identify the none vaccinated. So they can be segregated by society.

How about a tattood number and a

yellow star sewn to outer clothing. That would be a fabulous idea?

Ohh hang on a minute.

"Maybe a system is needed to easily identify the none vaccinated. So they can be segregated by society.

Ohh hang on a minute. "

Showing an appointment card to get into a private venue organised by a private company is hardly what you are suggesting.

North West

"Maybe a system is needed to easily identify the none vaccinated. So they can be segregated by society.

Ohh hang on a minute. "

And today's prize for "the utterly unnecessary demeaning of the Holocaust and resultant insult to families with direct experience" goes to......

Manchester (she/her)

Ohh hang on a minute. "

Yes, a private establishment having requirements for entry is exactly like industrialised genocide

Manchester (she/her)

I find it interesting that an establishment has said that this is their expectation before any review. Really interesting

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a good idea and may have been relying on there being a recognised app or proof, to be in existence by then.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

The thing having your vaccine won't actually stop you getting or passing on covid. The only benefit of the jab is less severe symptoms if you do get it.

"The thing having your vaccine won't actually stop you getting or passing on covid. The only benefit of the jab is less severe symptoms if you do get it.

"

Well we are not totally sure because the evidence is suggesting it does have an effect on limiting spread but I totally understand what your saying.

It's kind of beside the point on what government policy is or individual's point of view if some businesses are going to make it a requirement of entry to their venue or event then I guess it is something we gonna have to live with.

I'm sure I saw a post a few weeks ago of someone saying they had tried to book a concert for the end of the year and it said something similar on the email they received.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Would they want 1 or both jabs? (Not sure if this was already asked, but didn't read through the entire post). Pretty sure I saw somewhere Cyprus wants people to have 2 before being allowed in. But if everyone expects 2, a lot of us will still be grounded for most of the year x

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Surely the government will have to provide some sort of official vaccination proof if that is what is going be required, especially for travelling abroad. A card given to you at time of vaccination is no proof as it doesn't have your name on. Many people will of lost their card too.

"Would they want 1 or both jabs? (Not sure if this was already asked, but didn't read through the entire post). Pretty sure I saw somewhere Cyprus wants people to have 2 before being allowed in. But if everyone expects 2, a lot of us will still be grounded for most of the year x"

Regarding the email I received the answer is i don't know.

Its was very vague and just said "membership or renewal of membership is dependent on you showing your vaccination card the reception staff".

Seeing as no such card exists other then the appointment card with batch number and date on, I'm not sure of any other details.

"And rightly so

. Sounds as if your GP is not following the proper procedure which is to give you a small appointment card that tells you which vaccine you have had and the date on it with a space for the second date to be added. You should also have been given a leaflet about it.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I had the first jab yesterday & was given a card

"And rightly so

. Sounds as if your GP is not following the proper procedure which is to give you a small appointment card that tells you which vaccine you have had and the date on it with a space for the second date to be added. You should also have been given a leaflet about it. "

I went to one of the mass vaccination clinics, we were in a sports hall and there must have been close to 100 hundred people in there. They specifically said they wouldn’t be issuing cards?

Manchester (she/her)

"Surely the government will have to provide some sort of official vaccination proof if that is what is going be required, especially for travelling abroad. A card given to you at time of vaccination is no proof as it doesn't have your name on. Many people will of lost their card too."

I imagine so

So its looking like Businesses are going to require vaccination proof before entry. "

I would not have a problem with this

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Only fair for others protection and no different to condoms

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Surely the government will have to provide some sort of official vaccination proof if that is what is going be required, especially for travelling abroad. A card given to you at time of vaccination is no proof as it doesn't have your name on. Many people will of lost their card too.

I imagine so"

Obviously they will just scan your microchip. Same as when you take your dog to the vet...

Manchester (she/her)

"Only fair for others protection and no different to condoms

"

It will protect those who can't be vaccinated (who I imagine will be exempted, in line with disability provisions and international vaccine mandates)

Stockport

"Surely the government will have to provide some sort of official vaccination proof if that is what is going be required, especially for travelling abroad. A card given to you at time of vaccination is no proof as it doesn't have your name on. Many people will of lost their card too.

I imagine so

Obviously they will just scan your microchip. Same as when you take your dog to the vet..."

Note: Chip app requires use of 5G phone...

Manchester (she/her)

I imagine so

Obviously they will just scan your microchip. Same as when you take your dog to the vet...

Note: Chip app requires use of 5G phone..."

5G now mandatory. We are phasing out tolerance for those who do not consent to surveillance by the Deep State.

Baa.

Leeds

"

Obviously they will just scan your microchip. Same as when you take your dog to the vet..."

My cat's chip moved from the back of her neck to under her chin. It wouldn't operate the catflap anymore so she had to have a new chip fitted. That is obviously the reason we will need annual booster shots.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I've said all along. Why can this not be as simple as a stamp to your passport once you've had the second test. Failing that we all have a NHS number. Why can that page on the dot gov website not have some sort of seal added when vaccinated?

Manchester (she/her)

"I've said all along. Why can this not be as simple as a stamp to your passport once you've had the second test. Failing that we all have a NHS number. Why can that page on the dot gov website not have some sort of seal added when vaccinated? "

Not everyone has a passport.

It could work with something like a national NHS card with your number on it, perhaps...

Manchester (she/her)

... although I imagine that there's a special kind of legal hurt if you forge stuff in your passport.

"Vaccine mandates will just lead to forgery!"

... Put that in your passport and I bet that'll really fuck you up under criminal and possibly even immigration law. Lol

Leeds

I can access my NHS records online. It clearly shows the date and time I was given the vaccination. I can show this to anyone on my phone.

I'm very pro vax and would love to be able to do things when I've been vaccinated. But some people can't have vaccinations for various reasons and they shouldn't have to be hidden away or banned from places because of that.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm very pro vax and would love to be able to do things when I've been vaccinated. But some people can't have vaccinations for various reasons and they shouldn't have to be hidden away or banned from places because of that. "

I'm not sure any system would or could be established which excluded those who can't be vaccinated.

As noted, I grew up with a vaccine mandate, and there was always an exception if you genuinely could not be vaccinated for medical reasons. I imagine that any system in any first world country would operate similarly. (And I would be against any system that did not provide a medical exemption)

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"I've said all along. Why can this not be as simple as a stamp to your passport once you've had the second test. Failing that we all have a NHS number. Why can that page on the dot gov website not have some sort of seal added when vaccinated?

Not everyone has a passport.

It could work with something like a national NHS card with your number on it, perhaps..."

True in that case any form of ID. I'm sure something will come into play

"I'm very pro vax and would love to be able to do things when I've been vaccinated. But some people can't have vaccinations for various reasons and they shouldn't have to be hidden away or banned from places because of that.

I'm not sure any system would or could be established which excluded those who can't be vaccinated.

As noted, I grew up with a vaccine mandate, and there was always an exception if you genuinely could not be vaccinated for medical reasons. I imagine that any system in any first world country would operate similarly. (And I would be against any system that did not provide a medical exemption)"

I suppose there could be a system of fast tests for people who haven't been vaccinated, so those people could still be allowed to participate/ enter the premises etc.

With an official vaccine status document it could also show medical exemption.

If no medical exemption though the person may be discriminated against.

I think people have the right to choose. Much like religion.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm very pro vax and would love to be able to do things when I've been vaccinated. But some people can't have vaccinations for various reasons and they shouldn't have to be hidden away or banned from places because of that.

As noted, I grew up with a vaccine mandate, and there was always an exception if you genuinely could not be vaccinated for medical reasons. I imagine that any system in any first world country would operate similarly. (And I would be against any system that did not provide a medical exemption)

I suppose there could be a system of fast tests for people who haven't been vaccinated, so those people could still be allowed to participate/ enter the premises etc.

I think people have the right to choose. Much like religion. "

People have the right to choose, but that doesn't mean that nothing happens as a result of that choice. I chose not to study medicine - now people won't hire me as a doctor. ... Like, no shit

People have the right to choose, but that doesn't mean that nothing happens as a result of that choice. I chose not to study medicine - now people won't hire me as a doctor. ... Like, no shit "

How dare they!

Manchester (she/her)

People have the right to choose, but that doesn't mean that nothing happens as a result of that choice. I chose not to study medicine - now people won't hire me as a doctor. ... Like, no shit

How dare they! "

They're discriminating against me!

On a mooch

"I'm very pro vax and would love to be able to do things when I've been vaccinated. But some people can't have vaccinations for various reasons and they shouldn't have to be hidden away or banned from places because of that. "

Therein lies the problem at the moment, as none of those stating must be vaccinated allow for exemptions in their published wording.

North West

A small part of me thinks "now they'll know what it feel like to be discriminated against" when people who genuinely have not yet been able to get the vaccine (e.g. younger age groups) aren't able to go on holiday or into places of leisure this spring/summer.

It's what it feels like to be unable to use the train or to arrive at a restaurant for a family meal to find there's no wheelchair access or a million other ways in which disabled people are routinely excluded from normal society.

And yes, Mr KC is in the "too young and healthy" to be vaccinated until July ish.

I don't actually want people to feel bad, but it's a very good learning point for those who have been able to blindly go about their lives, doing whatever they want, how and when they want, without a second thought for the people who are systematically excluded all the time. It's not a nice feeling, is it?

Manchester (she/her)

"A small part of me thinks "now they'll know what it feel like to be discriminated against" when people who genuinely have not yet been able to get the vaccine (e.g. younger age groups) aren't able to go on holiday or into places of leisure this spring/summer.

It's what it feels like to be unable to use the train or to arrive at a restaurant for a family meal to find there's no wheelchair access or a million other ways in which disabled people are routinely excluded from normal society.

And yes, Mr KC is in the "too young and healthy" to be vaccinated until July ish.

I don't actually want people to feel bad, but it's a very good learning point for those who have been able to blindly go about their lives, doing whatever they want, how and when they want, without a second thought for the people who are systematically excluded all the time. It's not a nice feeling, is it?"

I'm sure it's different because reasons, though

"And rightly so

I do agree however obviously by June the majority of their Clientele probably wouldn't have had both vaccines and also what proof do they want because you only get given an appointment card that hasn't even got my name on it. I don't have a problem with it but I was very surprised by it. "

this would be my take on it too - no objection to it being done properly but jumping the gun and asking for proof that wont be standard across all or reliable or even available for most as early as they are asking just seems the wrong way to go about it

That’s why I’m not thinking about it until it’s all been decided. "

i guess the worry will be what if neither are the government thinking about it , til other countries and private businesses have all decided and then we are at the cow’s tail

Ohh hang on a minute.

And today's prize for "the utterly unnecessary demeaning of the Holocaust and resultant insult to families with direct experience" goes to......"

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

You can buy mask exemption lanyards now on fleabay for £3.50. guess proof of vaccine will cost about 50p

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

tattoo the fuckers with a bar code, inner thigh has to be shown in all pubs bars etc, i want mine to have dirty slut top and bottom of code lol

Don't understand why anyone needs to prove they have protected themselves, because having the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it. The vaccine is for your protection not to protect other's?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Easy to copy

Manchester (she/her)

"Easy to copy "

Forgery is a crime

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Easy to copy

Forgery is a crime "

Nooooooooo is it ?????

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"And rightly so

Surprised it doesn't have your name on it. We have been told to make sure we have written names and date of birth on the cards xx

By *ranfondoMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

The EU are working on a digital vaccine passport and have included the UK in the scheme and lets face it...most people who holiday will be travelling to an EU country... as for other business requiring proof, this could be used but it will exclude those who cannot take the vaccine due to health issues...

Manchester (she/her)

"The EU are working on a digital vaccine passport and have included the UK in the scheme and lets face it...most people who holiday will be travelling to an EU country... as for other business requiring proof, this could be used but it will exclude those who cannot take the vaccine due to health issues... "

Unless there's a medical exemption, as is the case in most places with vaccine mandates.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

How do you know whether the person that went for the vaccine was the person who's name was on the appointment card. Photo ID is not required to receive said vaccine.

in Lancashire

"Easy to copy

Forgery is a crime "

The irony of those opposed to being vaccinated getting caught with a forged card..

in Lancashire

"How do you know whether the person that went for the vaccine was the person who's name was on the appointment card. Photo ID is not required to receive said vaccine. "

They cross checked us both yesterday, address and booking reference numbers..

So whilst it's not foolproof it's thorough..

Why would someone want to impersonate another person?

Manchester (she/her)

"Easy to copy

Forgery is a crime

The irony of those opposed to being vaccinated getting caught with a forged card.. "

I was more thinking, if Boris was Hitler for closing the pubs at ten, people who do this will adore prison and losing the right to vote.

"I've said all along. Why can this not be as simple as a stamp to your passport once you've had the second test. Failing that we all have a NHS number. Why can that page on the dot gov website not have some sort of seal added when vaccinated? "

Not everyone has a passport and not everyone has a smartphone. It has to be easily accessible to all.

portsmouth

"How do you know whether the person that went for the vaccine was the person who's name was on the appointment card. Photo ID is not required to receive said vaccine.

Why would someone want to impersonate another person?"

Because the person does not want to have the jab so send their mate.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've said all along. Why can this not be as simple as a stamp to your passport once you've had the second test. Failing that we all have a NHS number. Why can that page on the dot gov website not have some sort of seal added when vaccinated?

Not everyone has a passport and not everyone has a smartphone. It has to be easily accessible to all. "

An NHS card would do it, I imagine. Attach your name and NHS number to it.

As noted, I grew up with a vaccine mandate, and there was always an exception if you genuinely could not be vaccinated for medical reasons. I imagine that any system in any first world country would operate similarly. (And I would be against any system that did not provide a medical exemption)"

I hope this is the case, however some businesses will have blanket no jab no entry. Same as some had no mask no entry regardless if you are exempt.

Manchester (she/her)

I hope this is the case, however some businesses will have blanket no jab no entry. Same as some had no mask no entry regardless if you are exempt. "

Then - regardless of my agreement with vaccine mandates - I hope they get sued into bankruptcy.

"And rightly so

Surprised it doesn't have your name on it. We have been told to make sure we have written names and date of birth on the cards xx"

But thats not proof anyway, its hand Written on a bit of card the anybody with a decent scanner or photocopier could replicate.

in Lancashire

"How do you know whether the person that went for the vaccine was the person who's name was on the appointment card. Photo ID is not required to receive said vaccine.

Why would someone want to impersonate another person? Because the person does not want to have the jab so send their mate. "

Then goes on holiday where the country has a requirement for vaccination proof, all good till said person actually falls over breaks leg and the fraud is discovered..

Cue insurance nil and void and one large bill for treatment..

Tell this person to have the vaccine, unless it's a medical issue and not some can't be arsed to/look how clever I am nonsense..

Manchester (she/her)

"And rightly so

Surprised it doesn't have your name on it. We have been told to make sure we have written names and date of birth on the cards xx

But thats not proof anyway, its hand Written on a bit of card the anybody with a decent scanner or photocopier could replicate. "

Have a government issued card with the types of forgery proofing that you see on other government documents.

Full name, NHS number. No other information.

NHS number can be entered, and it can show jab/no jab/ exempt.

Very doable.

Manchester (she/her)

Why would someone want to impersonate another person? Because the person does not want to have the jab so send their mate.

Then goes on holiday where the country has a requirement for vaccination proof, all good till said person actually falls over breaks leg and the fraud is discovered..

Tell this person to have the vaccine, unless it's a medical issue and not some can't be arsed to/look how clever I am nonsense.."

I think 95% of the people cracking on like this are all talk and no trousers.

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law)

in Lancashire

Why would someone want to impersonate another person? Because the person does not want to have the jab so send their mate.

Tell this person to have the vaccine, unless it's a medical issue and not some can't be arsed to/look how clever I am nonsense..

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law)"

Post brexit travel insurance will hike, add in covid etc and it's likely to be higher with vaccination and following up the protocols of the country visited..

And insurers seem to be proficient at finding a loophole to pay..

portsmouth

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law)"

How do you prove that person has not been vaccinated? He has card saying he has been vaccinated?

Ultimately anything that can be monetized will be.

Of course you will get people that will try and make money from Making fraudulent cards.

This is more about I think for me a company who hasn't really thought this through has just put this on email that has been sent to their members asking for something that at the moment doesn't exist.

in Lancashire

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law) How do you prove that person has not been vaccinated? He has card saying he has been vaccinated? "

I doubt the card will be the final means of verification,the system will be linked to NHS/NI numbers possibly..

Reciprocal arrangements where countries will cross check visitors etc..

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law) How do you prove that person has not been vaccinated? He has card saying he has been vaccinated?

I doubt the card will be the final means of verification,the system will be linked to NHS/NI numbers possibly..

Reciprocal arrangements where countries will cross check visitors etc.."

I get it but it will be linked to Your NHS number but how will that help and show proof because I certainly don't want the receptionist at a club night having access to my medical records.

Manchester (she/her)

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law) How do you prove that person has not been vaccinated? He has card saying he has been vaccinated? "

At the moment you can't, most likely.

If vaccine passports are issued, then it will be proof of vaccination (or exemption) or you're presumed not to be vaccinated.

I suppose if it came to it and people decided they had to be difficult, it could be possible to test for immunity given by the vaccine rather than infection (for example, test for both S protein and N protein immune response. Just S protein would show that the Pfizer vaccine had been administered, possibly others).

I hope we never have to get to court ordered blood tests, which is what that would entail... but it's probably possible.

In a situation where these passports exist, you have the card or you might as well not be vaccinated.

If people want to be arses or criminals about it - fuck with the law and find out why you don't wanna do that. *Shrug*

Manchester (she/her)

Criminal justice systems will deal with the rest - and, if overseas, immigration. (Ask an immigrant - me - do not mess with immigration law) How do you prove that person has not been vaccinated? He has card saying he has been vaccinated?

I get it but it will be linked to Your NHS number but how will that help and show proof because I certainly don't want the receptionist at a club night having access to my medical records."

Make it a system where the NHS tells Company A that you have or haven't been jabbed, this is your NHS number and name.

The club enters your number - or a different number on the card - into a website and gets yes, no, or exempt.

I get it but it will be linked to Your NHS number but how will that help and show proof because I certainly don't want the receptionist at a club night having access to my medical records."

They won’t have access to your records. It’ll be a totally separate system that simply looks at 28 days since last vaccine? And gives a yes/no answer

Likely be an API that all companies can plug into, or a system they can rent. You’ll have to enter in your DOB, postcode, name. That should be all they need to find you along with proof of ID that it’s actually you.

Alternatively they could do it through the NHS app on your phone. If you could generate a live QR code that venues can scan to verify you’ve had your jab then that keeps all your data safe.

On a mooch

i guess the worry will be what if neither are the government thinking about it , til other countries and private businesses have all decided and then we are at the cow’s tail "

But they are thinking about it. Until it’s decided what, if anything, we are going to do domestically I’m not worried about it. There is to much summissing / demands going on at the moment, along with unanswered questions that have to help decide what is needed, hence why I’m not worrying about it

International travel is inevitable but that is a separate issue.

in Lancashire

They won't but there will be a means for them to check, that may well be when a person enters the country before leaving the airport etc the immigration officials will know whether person X indeed has been vaccinated..

It may be a 'service' the travel company has to check before departure ..

Am sure it's being looked at and in time we will be told, how efficient it will be well we'll have to with hold judgement on for a while..

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

When you fill out your passport information online before leaving you may be asked the entef your ni or nhs number. Could be as simple as that

I get it but it will be linked to Your NHS number but how will that help and show proof because I certainly don't want the receptionist at a club night having access to my medical records.

They won't but there will be a means for them to check, that may well be when a person enters the country before leaving the airport etc the immigration officials will know whether person X indeed has been vaccinated..

Am sure it's being looked at and in time we will be told, how efficient it will be well we'll have to with hold judgement on for a while.."

This is nothing about travelling abroad this is going to a local leisure venue to a dance party.

"When you fill out your passport information online before leaving you may be asked the entef your ni or nhs number. Could be as simple as that "

Again this has nothing to do with going abroad this was sent to me by a company who dance parties in the UK.

i guess the worry will be what if neither are the government thinking about it , til other countries and private businesses have all decided and then we are at the cow’s tail

But they are thinking about it. Until it’s decided what, if anything, we are going to do domestically I’m not worried about it. There is to much summissing / demands going on at the moment, along with unanswered questions that have to help decide what is needed, hence why I’m not worrying about it

International travel is inevitable but that is a separate issue. "

You might not be worried about it but It's something that is interesting to discuss and also something that is going to start affecting all of us because now I have only had one email I guarantee there will be more from other companies before the government has told us what their policy is.

portsmouth

How would the NHS be able to give out my medical data to a third party? Is my medical history not confidential?

in Lancashire

Am sure it's being looked at and in time we will be told, how efficient it will be well we'll have to with hold judgement on for a while..

This is nothing about travelling abroad this is going to a local leisure venue to a dance party. "

Oops, apologies..

Well that too will be something business will need to access confidentially via the government etc and again we'll be told what it entails..

Swansea

Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it )

On a mooch

International travel is inevitable but that is a separate issue.

You might not be worried about it but It's something that is interesting to discuss and also something that is going to start affecting all of us because now I have only had one email I guarantee there will be more from other companies before the government has told us what their policy is. "

Everyone is different. I choose not to worry about things that aren’t affecting me right now and won’t do for some time.

"Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it )"

Book what? Normally I just turn up pay my £10 and go in.

Manchester (she/her)

"How would the NHS be able to give out my medical data to a third party? Is my medical history not confidential? "

Don't know. If it's a legal requirement they'll find a way.

If you don't consent, I presume they'll assume you haven't been vaccinated. Because otherwise it wouldn't work at all.

And it's not medical history. It's not "Swing is allergic to X, had chicken pox at seven, had her first surgery at 20, has been in hospital for X, y, and Z."

It's "has Swing had the jabs or is there a reason why she's exempt?" Yes, no, exempt.

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 06/03/21 19:44:04]

portsmouth

"Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it )"
Then your medical history will no longer be confidential.

You don't think they are going to ever let you out again after dark.....vaccine or not

Swansea

"Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it ) Then your medical history will no longer be confidential."

Yes it would still be confidential they would only give

Name x.smith

Yes vacinated

date xx/xx/xxxx

No not vacinated

Exempt xx/xx/xxxx

Manchester (she/her)

"Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it ) Then your medical history will no longer be confidential."

If you're so concerned, you're welcome to be thought of as non vaccinated, and opt out.

portsmouth

"Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it ) Then your medical history will no longer be confidential.

If you're so concerned, you're welcome to be thought of as non vaccinated, and opt out."

Interesting responses.

its one small subsection of your medical history, that you have given permission to be shared when asking to enter the venue so its not really a confidentiality issue

Nice that they are so caring about their customers, am sure they will also ask for a clear sti test and clear for hep etc...NOT!!!!!

portsmouth

"Again when you book you may be asked for your nhs number as vaccine information will be added to you medical records and as with the dvla passing on your address to parking companies so the nhs will pass on the information about the vaccination or lack of it or even exept( for people who can t have it ) Then your medical history will no longer be confidential.

its one small subsection of your medical history, that you have given permission to be shared when asking to enter the venue so its not really a confidentiality issue "

It may well be but where do you draw the line?

its one small subsection of your medical history, that you have given permission to be shared when asking to enter the venue so its not really a confidentiality issue It may well be but where do you draw the line? "

i never understand these slippery slope / where does it end type arguments

its been commonplace for certain vaccines to be mandatory for certain jobs or to enter certain countries for a very long time - the line has been very well defined in terms of which jobs countries and vaccines that would apply to , i am not aware of any scope creep or sliding down slopes

why would a covid vaccine be any different?

Manchester (she/her)

its one small subsection of your medical history, that you have given permission to be shared when asking to enter the venue so its not really a confidentiality issue It may well be but where do you draw the line? "

This is called a slippery slope argument. It's a fallacy. Let me show you why, by using a few other slippery slope arguments.

I can see the merits of locking up sadistic murderers, but where will it end? If we lock up murderers they might also lock up people for littering or voting for the wrong political party

We should abolish compulsory schooling for children. If we don't, what's to stop the government from forcing us into re-education camps?

We should abolish taxation, because it's a short step from all our money being taken and us being left destitute.

Or people selling dodgy copy vaccination cards

portsmouth

its one small subsection of your medical history, that you have given permission to be shared when asking to enter the venue so its not really a confidentiality issue It may well be but where do you draw the line?

its been commonplace for certain vaccines to be mandatory for certain jobs or to enter certain countries for a very long time - the line has been very well defined in terms of which jobs countries and vaccines that would apply to , i am not aware of any scope creep or sliding down slopes

why would a covid vaccine be any different? "

The differences is you as a person supply the information not the NHS.

Isn’t there talk of a vaccine passport?

By *arsmike111Man  over a year ago

BIGGLESWADE

Fuck sake just get the jabs it may just save your life.

Manchester (she/her)

"Fuck sake just get the jabs it may just save your life. "

Or someone else's.

its one small subsection of your medical history, that you have given permission to be shared when asking to enter the venue so its not really a confidentiality issue It may well be but where do you draw the line?

why would a covid vaccine be any different? The differences is you as a person supply the information not the NHS. "

you supply it with evidence obtained from the source providing the vaccination - in this case the source will be the nhs

in Lancashire

Somewhere preferable to the status quo..

Manchester (she/her)

why would a covid vaccine be any different? The differences is you as a person supply the information not the NHS.

you supply it with evidence obtained from the source providing the vaccination - in this case the source will be the nhs "

Or if the proof is required and you don't want to supply it, you can not - but if a place requires the proof, then... Tough.

I'm sorry I'm confused why would you not be accepted if you don't have the vaccine?

Some people can't have it for medical reasons.

Some people are vaccine resistant.

But what confuses me the most is as its not proven that having the vaccination will stop you contracting, carrying or circulating the virus, thus why do we need to show we have had it?

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm sorry I'm confused why would you not be accepted if you don't have the vaccine?

But what confuses me the most is as its not proven that having the vaccination will stop you contracting, carrying or circulating the virus, thus why do we need to show we have had it? "

Obviously the idea of vaccine passports are being mooted.

Where vaccine mandates exist, medical exemptions also exist.

The studies done did not look at the degree to which the vaccines stopped you from getting infected. The good news is that they're now studying it and showing that transmission is significantly reduced. In the new vaccine just approved in the US, even asymptomatic infections were reduced by over 70%, for example.

So the point is to keep people who, by choice, are a risk to public health, out.

Stockport

It doesn't need to show any more information than a disabled parking badge does at the moment. Are we really expecting people to pay even £10 to get a forged one when they can get a real one for nothing with a vaccination thrown in free? Am I really going to pay my mate Dave £100 to go and pretend to be me while he gets his fiftieth vaccination?

Yes in principle you could get a small number of people who are crazy enough to go to elaborate lengths to put themselves both at risk of legal action, and to avoid protection against a killer virus. Basically, who cares if they do? If they try to use their forged passport or certificate or whatever to go anywhere that is empowered to perform the full database check - ie. going on holiday - then they're going to get found out and arrested. Possibly in a foreign country (I hear that the prisons in Morocco are really comfortable). If it's just one in a million people that manage to smuggle themselves into a restaurant where everybody else has got a real vaccination, then percentage wise the increased danger to others is totally negligible.

The only person being hurt by some nutter who fakes their vaccination is themselves! It's firstly putting themselves at danger of legal repercussions. Secondly, when they next need medical treatment, they are not necessarily going to get the right treatment. Thirdly, they have lost their chance, if they decide that they really would like a jab (for instance, if someone in their family drops dead and they rethink that protection could be a good idea in fact), well tough shit, because your mate Dave has had your jab, there isn't one for you now...

portsmouth

why would a covid vaccine be any different? The differences is you as a person supply the information not the NHS.

you supply it with evidence obtained from the source providing the vaccination - in this case the source will be the nhs

Or if the proof is required and you don't want to supply it, you can not - but if a place requires the proof, then... Tough."

Do you not see this this as discrimination?

Manchester (she/her)

Or if the proof is required and you don't want to supply it, you can not - but if a place requires the proof, then... Tough.Do you not see this this as discrimination? "

Yup. It's absolutely discrimination. That's the point of it.

However, it's justified discrimination. Not all discrimination is illegal or unjustified. Keeping vaccine refusers out is discrimination in the same way that... the NHS won't hire me as a consultant neurosurgeon. I'm not a doctor, don't have a science degree, and am kinda squeamish, but they're discriminating against me it's so unfair

"I'm sorry I'm confused why would you not be accepted if you don't have the vaccine?

But what confuses me the most is as its not proven that having the vaccination will stop you contracting, carrying or circulating the virus, thus why do we need to show we have had it?

The studies done did not look at the degree to which the vaccines stopped you from getting infected. The good news is that they're now studying it and showing that transmission is significantly reduced. In the new vaccine just approved in the US, even asymptomatic infections were reduced by over 70%, for example.

So the point is to keep people who, by choice, are a risk to public health, out."

Don't get me wrong I'm going to get mine as soon as I can, but what I'm saying is if the vaccine stops you getting seriously ill from the virus how are people who don't have it a risk to public health?

Or if the proof is required and you don't want to supply it, you can not - but if a place requires the proof, then... Tough.Do you not see this this as discrimination?

However, it's justified discrimination. Not all discrimination is illegal or unjustified. Keeping vaccine refusers out is discrimination in the same way that... the NHS won't hire me as a consultant neurosurgeon. I'm not a doctor, don't have a science degree, and am kinda squeamish, but they're discriminating against me it's so unfair"

i dont think discrimination is the right word for facing consequences of your own choice , but thats what both are examples of

Manchester (she/her)

So the point is to keep people who, by choice, are a risk to public health, out.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to get mine as soon as I can, but what I'm saying is if the vaccine stops you getting seriously ill from the virus how are people who don't have it a risk to public health? "

There are some people who can't be vaccinated or who don't mount an immune response. Vaccine mandates protect them. (I had childhood vaccine mandates at school. If Billy hasn't had his jab because Daddy thinks the MMR will make him autistic, I'll be fine, but Susie who has cancer might die. So Billy can't go to school unless he's vaccinated and gets alternative arrangements)

Further, the more a virus replicates, the more chance there is of variants coming about which evade the vaccines, which lands every single one of us deep in the shit.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to get mine as soon as I can, but what I'm saying is if the vaccine stops you getting seriously ill from the virus how are people who don't have it a risk to public health? "

because there are people medically unable to get it and people who will have had if but unable to generate antibodies - they are a risk to both of those types of people who form part of the public

plus every new case is another opportunity for mutation with potential to bypass the vaccine snd out all of those who had been vaccinated back to square one - that is a risk to the public

Manchester (she/her)

"

However, it's justified discrimination. Not all discrimination is illegal or unjustified. Keeping vaccine refusers out is discrimination in the same way that... the NHS won't hire me as a consultant neurosurgeon. I'm not a doctor, don't have a science degree, and am kinda squeamish, but they're discriminating against me it's so unfair

i dont think discrimination is the right word for facing consequences of your own choice , but thats what both are examples of "

I recently heard - and was swayed by - the fact it's discrimination, in that sense. But as you say, it's consequences of your own choices (or qualifications/experience).

"

i dont think discrimination is the right word for facing consequences of your own choice , but thats what both are examples of

I recently heard - and was swayed by - the fact it's discrimination, in that sense. But as you say, it's consequences of your own choices (or qualifications/experience)."

i always thought discrimination was treating/ viewing someone differently because of something they were unable to change , like skin colour, gender, disability, sexuality, age etc

but i might be wrong and those are just examples of illegal discrimination

"Fuck sake just get the jabs it may just save your life. "

Iv had mine.

The point of the post that some businesses are already saying you will need to provide proof to attend their events.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I recently heard - and was swayed by - the fact it's discrimination, in that sense. But as you say, it's consequences of your own choices (or qualifications/experience).

i always thought discrimination was treating/ viewing someone differently because of something they were unable to change , like skin colour, gender, disability, sexuality, age etc

but i might be wrong and those are just examples of illegal discrimination "

I think it usually means that, but think, say, discriminating as a synonym for selective.

I think of it as "discrimination on the basis of an immutable characteristic". If you're black you're black. If you're allergic to vaccines you're allergic to vaccines.

If you haven't studied medicine or you haven't had a jab - you can change that.

portsmouth

Or if the proof is required and you don't want to supply it, you can not - but if a place requires the proof, then... Tough.Do you not see this this as discrimination?

However, it's justified discrimination. Not all discrimination is illegal or unjustified. Keeping vaccine refusers out is discrimination in the same way that... the NHS won't hire me as a consultant neurosurgeon. I'm not a doctor, don't have a science degree, and am kinda squeamish, but they're discriminating against me it's so unfair"

At no point have i said the person is a vaccine refuser you have assumed that.This is about the NHS supplying confidential medical information to a third party. Whether the person has or has not had the vaccine is a moot point.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to get mine as soon as I can, but what I'm saying is if the vaccine stops you getting seriously ill from the virus how are people who don't have it a risk to public health?

because there are people medically unable to get it and people who will have had if but unable to generate antibodies - they are a risk to both of those types of people who form part of the public

plus every new case is another opportunity for mutation with potential to bypass the vaccine snd out all of those who had been vaccinated back to square one - that is a risk to the public "

So in other words your saying people who are medically unable to get it and those that cannot produce antibodies should be ostracised and condemned to not leave their homes as they could cause the virus to mutate and put the rest of us at risk?