FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccination clinics

Vaccination clinics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eatrice Badinage OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Great news that NHS England say you can have the flu jab and covid jab at the same time, positive moving forward to autumn/winter pharmacy and gp clinics

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Will it be a combined jab ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Will it be a combined jab ?"

I've not seen that yet, though it was discussed over the last few months. They've just issued guidance on the ability to co-administer, where needed, which is different to the 7 day delay between others and the Covid jab, formerly in place, as I understand it

Leeds

Thanks for the information

By *oixosMan  over a year ago

London

"Great news that NHS England say you can have the flu jab and covid jab at the same time, positive moving forward to autumn/winter pharmacy and gp clinics "

Why would anyone need the flu jab if they’re trying to say that the flu has “disappeared” hahahahaha

I’m not looking for answers, just funny how gullible people are

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Will it be a combined jab ?

I've not seen that yet, though it was discussed over the last few months. They've just issued guidance on the ability to co-administer, where needed, which is different to the 7 day delay between others and the Covid jab, formerly in place, as I understand it "

It's been discussed as a theoretical possibility.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Great news that NHS England say you can have the flu jab and covid jab at the same time, positive moving forward to autumn/winter pharmacy and gp clinics

Why would anyone need the flu jab if they’re trying to say that the flu has “disappeared” hahahahaha

I’m not looking for answers, just funny how gullible people are "

I don't know which gullible people are saying that the flu has disappeared. Combined vaccines may be cheaper and quicker to administer to large volumes of people, which is needed to protect huge parts of society, as well as helping to minimise impact on the NHS and the economy. You're 'not looking for answers' but your post suggests that you would be very well off, if better informed. You can help to protect your own health and life, as well as those of others.

By *oixosMan  over a year ago

London

"Great news that NHS England say you can have the flu jab and covid jab at the same time, positive moving forward to autumn/winter pharmacy and gp clinics

I don't know which gullible people are saying that the flu has disappeared. Combined vaccines may be cheaper and quicker to administer to large volumes of people, which is needed to protect huge parts of society, as well as helping to minimise impact on the NHS and the economy. You're 'not looking for answers' but your post suggests that you would be very well off, if better informed. You can help to protect your own health and life, as well as those of others. "

Blah blah blah

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I get a flu jab every year after having flu and being knocked on my arse! So if we need a COVID booster and they combine it with a flu jab that would be brilliant

In a Sparkly Dress

"Will it be a combined jab ?"

No. seperate jabs, guidance was 21 days, then moved to a week apart, now they are confident they won't affect each other. Whether it will be in different arms, they have not said

Manchester (she/her)

No. seperate jabs, guidance was 21 days, then moved to a week apart, now they are confident they won't affect each other. Whether it will be in different arms, they have not said"

It wasn't the flu jab, but I once had three jabs in one sitting (early 20s)

Leeds

"Whether it will be in different arms, they have not said

It wasn't the flu jab, but I once had three jabs in one sitting (early 20s)"

All in different arms ?

Manchester (she/her)

All in different arms ?"

Nope. Same arm. Took about three or four minutes.

Included tetanus.

My arm bloody hurt

In a Sparkly Dress

All in different arms ?

Included tetanus.

My arm bloody hurt "

Oh jeez

Was it a sadistic nurse

Manchester (she/her)

All in different arms ?

Included tetanus.

My arm bloody hurt

Oh jeez

Was it a sadistic nurse "

Nope

Ironically it was indirectly about vaccine refusal

I was moving to the UK for the first time. I'd been advised to check my measles immunity because of a breakdown of herd immunity in the UK.

I took the email to my doctor, and asked what to do. She tested me and said I needed a boost in one of them.

In Australia the government provide MMR, the tetanus shot, and some others at no cost to the patient under all circumstances (this isn't always true of all vaccines). Doctor said "we'll chuck the tetanus shot in too, can only help".

I was in the supplemental older group to get the (then new) cervical cancer vaccine, and that was due.

So... Boom boom boom. Lol.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't be right.

The flu jab is a small amount of virus injected into you standard vaccine.

The covid jab is a DNA altering drug, so not technically a vaccine, so cannot be mixed that's why they ask if you have had and medication with the last 7 days

Manchester (she/her)

"Can't be right.

The covid jab is a DNA altering drug, so not technically a vaccine, so cannot be mixed that's why they ask if you have had and medication with the last 7 days "

Please explain the mechanism via which messenger RNA alters DNA. Please.

Or cite your source for said belief.

"Can't be right.

The covid jab is a DNA altering drug, so not technically a vaccine, so cannot be mixed that's why they ask if you have had and medication with the last 7 days

Please explain the mechanism via which messenger RNA alters DNA. Please.

Or cite your source for said belief."

Karen off Facebook, backed up by Charlie on Messenger

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can't be right.

The covid jab is a DNA altering drug, so not technically a vaccine, so cannot be mixed that's why they ask if you have had and medication with the last 7 days "

Are you sure of that fact? Because as far as I am aware the it’s not a dna altering vaccine

Also I was advised by the people who know You had to have a at least a 7 day gap between flu vaccine and COVID vaccine

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I don't know which gullible people are saying that the flu has disappeared. Combined vaccines may be cheaper and quicker to administer to large volumes of people, which is needed to protect huge parts of society, as well as helping to minimise impact on the NHS and the economy. You're 'not looking for answers' but your post suggests that you would be very well off, if better informed. You can help to protect your own health and life, as well as those of others.

Blah blah blah "

Glad that’s cleared up then.

Birmingham

I’m not looking for answers, just funny how gullible people are "

...or not an answer of course..but...because it hasn’t?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Can't be right.

Are you sure of that fact? Because as far as I am aware the it’s not a dna altering vaccine

Also I was advised by the people who know You had to have a at least a 7 day gap between flu vaccine and COVID vaccine "

Just had my jab, when you book on the web site and at the clinic they ask if you have had the flu jab within 7 days.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can't be right.

Also I was advised by the people who know You had to have a at least a 7 day gap between flu vaccine and COVID vaccine

Just had my jab, when you book on the web site and at the clinic they ask if you have had the flu jab within 7 days."

Manchester (she/her)

...or not an answer of course..but...because it hasn’t?"

Don't get the facts get in a way of a good narrative.

In a Sparkly Dress

"Can't be right.

Just had my jab, when you book on the web site and at the clinic they ask if you have had the flu jab within 7 days."

Yes thats right, NHS England are looking to roll both out in autumn/winter 2021

Birmingham

Don't get the facts get in a way of a good narrative."

Good point, well made.

Manchester (she/her)

Don't get the facts get in a way of a good narrative.

Good point, well made."

I don't know which gullible people are saying that the flu has disappeared. Combined vaccines may be cheaper and quicker to administer to large volumes of people, which is needed to protect huge parts of society, as well as helping to minimise impact on the NHS and the economy. You're 'not looking for answers' but your post suggests that you would be very well off, if better informed. You can help to protect your own health and life, as well as those of others. "

. its amazing how people add 2 and 2 and get 25 isn’t it

Manchester (she/her)

. its amazing how people add 2 and 2 and get 25 isn’t it "

It's more like add cumquat and volcano and get cow.

No. seperate jabs, guidance was 21 days, then moved to a week apart, now they are confident they won't affect each other. Whether it will be in different arms, they have not said

It wasn't the flu jab, but I once had three jabs in one sitting (early 20s)"

ive had similar for travel vaccines , it made for a hell of a sore arm but was glad to get them out the way in one sitting

Manchester (she/her)

ive had similar for travel vaccines , it made for a hell of a sore arm but was glad to get them out the way in one sitting "

Same

"Can't be right.

Just had my jab, when you book on the web site and at the clinic they ask if you have had the flu jab within 7 days.

Yes thats right, NHS England are looking to roll both out in autumn/winter 2021"

are we expecting boosters in autumn winter then? because surely by then we should all have had the vaccine already based on current target timeline (other than people just turning 18 or finishing pregnancy and becoming eligible i guess)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Blah blah blah "

Very grown up of you

Manchester (she/her)

"Can't be right.

Yes thats right, NHS England are looking to roll both out in autumn/winter 2021

are we expecting boosters in autumn winter then? because surely by then we should all have had the vaccine already based on current target timeline (other than people just turning 18 or finishing pregnancy and becoming eligible i guess) "

They are talking about a booster for variants

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Not sure I would want the two together as I get really off with the flu jab..although had mild side effects.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Blah blah blah

Glad that’s cleared up then."

Always good to see a well thought out, concise response..

"Not sure I would want the two together as I get really off with the flu jab..although had mild side effects. "

i would assume it would be optional and still available separately because some people wont get both , but surely better to get both sets of side effects out the way at once rather than feel ropey for a few days twice a week apart

Tell you what, I feel so I’ll from this covid jab that I don’t think I’d want to take it together with the flu one. I’ll probably stick to taking them separately if that option remains available

"Tell you what, I feel so I’ll from this covid jab that I don’t think I’d want to take it together with the flu one. I’ll probably stick to taking them separately if that option remains available "

*ill

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Not sure I would want the two together as I get really off with the flu jab..although had mild side effects.

i would assume it would be optional and still available separately because some people wont get both , but surely better to get both sets of side effects out the way at once rather than feel ropey for a few days twice a week apart "

nope. I'd rather have them a few weeks apart x

"Can't be right.

I can’t believe how confident you are in making this 100% inaccurate statement.

Flu jab does not use live or attenuated virus. It uses just a protein. Covid vaccine doesn’t alter your DNA. The AstraZeneca one gives you a protein attached to an attenuated cold-type virus. Pfizer gives you RNA which tells your body how to build the protein of the covid spike, and then your body destroys it and keeps that memory to attack it in future.

None of these alter your DNA. Jesus if we could alter DNA with an injection we could cure cancer before anyone even had it. We could cure pretty much everything genetic. That technology doesn’t exist properly yet.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Blah blah blah "

If you could keep your responses on here, not private messages I'd be grateful. Ta.

Manchester (she/her)

"Can't be right.

I can’t believe how confident you are in making this 100% inaccurate statement.

Flu jab does not use live or attenuated virus. It uses just a protein. Covid vaccine doesn’t alter your DNA. The AstraZeneca one gives you a protein attached to an attenuated cold-type virus. Pfizer gives you RNA which tells your body how to build the protein of the covid spike, and then your body destroys it and keeps that memory to attack it in future.

None of these alter your DNA. Jesus if we could alter DNA with an injection we could cure cancer before anyone even had it. We could cure pretty much everything genetic. That technology doesn’t exist properly yet."

It's one of the nonsense things doing the rounds.

Do we have a vaccine for antivax bullcrap while we're at it?

» Add a new message to this topic