FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mandatory testing if you cannot work from home.

Mandatory testing if you cannot work from home.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *leaserforPleasure OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Although cases of Covid are falling there still are areas where its rising.

The majority of these apparently are where people cannot work from home such as factories and building sites, supermarkets etc.

Should it be mandatory for companies to test workers regularly at the companies expense and supply the results to Government so that if there are breaches then the company is responsible?

A lot of companies are bending the rules or turning a blond eye. If the onus was on them perhaps the lockdown could be over sooner.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Although cases of Covid are falling there still are areas where its rising.

The majority of these apparently are where people cannot work from home such as factories and building sites, supermarkets etc.

Should it be mandatory for companies to test workers regularly at the companies expense and supply the results to Government so that if there are breaches then the company is responsible?

A lot of companies are bending the rules or turning a blond eye. If the onus was on them perhaps the lockdown could be over sooner."

The alternative being close all factories, building sites and supermarkets, yes?

E

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

How would we know if Covid was caught at work or out of hours ?

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"How would we know if Covid was caught at work or out of hours ?"

You wouldn't. That's why ideas like the OP aren't practical.

Apart from us all starving to death because supermarkets are closed of course.

E

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe surveillance (testing/ watching for health and safety compliance) should be increased where cases are increasing, but this should be at minimal or no cost to employers and employees.

The only cost should be where people/ companies are in breach of relevant laws.

Testing is obviously not mandatory, so we'd need to make sure that people are willing to test - for example, by ensuring they're no worse off financially for having to self isolate.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

No theres no point. Cases are low enough now and with the vaccine will only get lower.

It's just a waste of resources.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Cheap fast tests are a benefit to organisations and individuals. If they were introduced in a targeted way, for areas of concern, it would be a good short term response.

Manchester (she/her)

"Cheap fast tests are a benefit to organisations and individuals. If they were introduced in a targeted way, for areas of concern, it would be a good short term response. "

Michael Mina is in favour of such a thing - he's argued extensively.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"How would we know if Covid was caught at work or out of hours ?"

By *azkinsWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I'm tested 3 times a week. No test no work.

A lot of companies are bending the rules or turning a blond eye. If the onus was on them perhaps the lockdown could be over sooner."

Good point... I know of companies who are telling people to work even if they've been contacted by Track and Trace.

Leeds

"If there are breaches then the company is responsible". The company should be responsible for not allowing someone who tests positive to go into work but how can a company be "held responsible" for someone testing positive who might have caught it off-site ?

I’d 100% turn down every single test. I’m on a 11 hour a week contract and can only afford to live through over time. Any time off isolating would mean my bills will not be paid, so I’ll avoid every type of test going.

The reality is covid is never going away. High risk has been vaccinated, time to reopen society. Case numbers should be irrelevant, only hospitalisations. These should be plummeting now that the vast majority of the cause has been vaccinated. Let those who are paranoid live at home if they can afford to, but I can’t and shouldn’t be forced to suffer because of their fear.

Manchester (she/her)

""If there are breaches then the company is responsible". The company should be responsible for not allowing someone who tests positive to go into work but how can a company be "held responsible" for someone testing positive who might have caught it off-site ?"

In cases of breaches where companies are held responsible - I mean breaches over which the company has control.

Like "your workmate tested positive, but we're not going to tell you" or "social distancing and PPE, yeah we're not paying for that shit, back to work".

"I’d 100% turn down every single test. I’m on a 11 hour a week contract and can only afford to live through over time. Any time off isolating would mean my bills will not be paid, so I’ll avoid every type of test going.

The reality is covid is never going away. High risk has been vaccinated, time to reopen society. Case numbers should be irrelevant, only hospitalisations. These should be plummeting now that the vast majority of the cause has been vaccinated. Let those who are paranoid live at home if they can afford to, but I can’t and shouldn’t be forced to suffer because of their fear."

So if you catch covid you will go into work and potentially infect other people?

Manchester (she/her)

"I’d 100% turn down every single test. I’m on a 11 hour a week contract and can only afford to live through over time. Any time off isolating would mean my bills will not be paid, so I’ll avoid every type of test going.

The reality is covid is never going away. High risk has been vaccinated, time to reopen society. Case numbers should be irrelevant, only hospitalisations. These should be plummeting now that the vast majority of the cause has been vaccinated. Let those who are paranoid live at home if they can afford to, but I can’t and shouldn’t be forced to suffer because of their fear."

You should be compensated if you need to isolate.

Vaccination is two doses under every vaccine used in the UK, and then the effect takes 2-3 weeks to take hold, so if you mean facts, science and medicine by paranoia and fear, then... Yeah sorry you're still gonna have to wait. Sorry about the facts and stuff

""If there are breaches then the company is responsible". The company should be responsible for not allowing someone who tests positive to go into work but how can a company be "held responsible" for someone testing positive who might have caught it off-site ?

In cases of breaches where companies are held responsible - I mean breaches over which the company has control.

Like "your workmate tested positive, but we're not going to tell you" or "social distancing and PPE, yeah we're not paying for that shit, back to work"."

At my work there were 11 people off with covid in January. There was no official word of who they were, only rumours. They said Track and Trace would contact people if they were at risk.

I am totally disgusted with the management. I know of other situations where the company is actively doing their own track and trace and contacting people directly.

Only good thing is people have to wear masks at work all the time now apart from when eating.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

We don't have testing where I work, (warehouse) but we are all temperature checked on entry. If high, checked again 10 minutes later. If still high, checked again 10 minutes later. If still high sent home and told to get tested.

Manchester (she/her)

""If there are breaches then the company is responsible". The company should be responsible for not allowing someone who tests positive to go into work but how can a company be "held responsible" for someone testing positive who might have caught it off-site ?

Like "your workmate tested positive, but we're not going to tell you" or "social distancing and PPE, yeah we're not paying for that shit, back to work".

At my work there were 11 people off with covid in January. There was no official word of who they were, only rumours. They said Track and Trace would contact people if they were at risk.

I am totally disgusted with the management. I know of other situations where the company is actively doing their own track and trace and contacting people directly.

Only good thing is people have to wear masks at work all the time now apart from when eating."

Yes. What I'm saying is that companies should be made to do the right thing, not employee X went to an illegal rave therefore company Y should be held liable.

It’s been three months since the most at risk started isolation. So we’re well into them being a safe group. On top of that covid is risk free for at least 1/3 of all people and minor inconvenience for a large proportion.

And the chances are I’ll never know if I have covid, so yes I will carry on. My company would compensate me for my contract, but due to covid I no longer have a full time contract. So really boris only has himself to blame for people in my situation.

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s been three months since the most at risk started isolation. So we’re well into them being a safe group. On top of that covid is risk free for at least 1/3 of all people and minor inconvenience for a large proportion.

And the chances are I’ll never know if I have covid, so yes I will carry on. My company would compensate me for my contract, but due to covid I no longer have a full time contract. So really boris only has himself to blame for people in my situation. "

Isolation is incomplete, vaccination isn't done.

Boris should find a way to help people isolate if they have Covid to prevent the kind of situation you're talking about.

That doesn't change the fact that partially and unvaccinated populations remain at risk (because there's no way to put them all in a bubble where they cannot be in contact with the outside world).

So we wait.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I expect many companies will go down the testing route, but when we start mixing again its going to spike anyway. Its just getting to the balance of a acceptable rolling daily positive number and low hospital admissions and deaths

Manchester (she/her)

"I expect many companies will go down the testing route, but when we start mixing again its going to spike anyway. Its just getting to the balance of a acceptable rolling daily positive number and low hospital admissions and deaths "

Yes. There'll be a point where we accept background risk. But we're a long way off that.

People are always at risk, from all sorts. Gonna ban sex because there’s risk of hiv and other diseases from that?

How about banning sunbathing, there’s risk of dying from that.

We’re at a point now where the unvaccinated are low enough risk to justify opening the world and not enforcing more complicated, expensive and prohibitive measures on already struggling buisnesses.

Manchester (she/her)

"People are always at risk, from all sorts. Gonna ban sex because there’s risk of hiv and other diseases from that?

We’re at a point now where the unvaccinated are low enough risk to justify opening the world and not enforcing more complicated, expensive and prohibitive measures on already struggling buisnesses."

I'm glad you think so.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Absolutely this. The madness should have ended already.

By *pmsldCouple  over a year ago

kettering

At the companies expense ? Enjoy paying more for your shopping.. the problem will continue with or without tests. the virus is spread by customers aswell as the staff (in my opinion the customers are where your more likly to pick it up from) You only have to stand and watch the general public to see that there are plenty that still avoid following basic hygiene and guidance on a daily basis. And as someone else pointed out many lose out if told to isolate so many wont. My company will pay basic contract hours for isolation but many people use overtime to earn a livable income which obviously they wont get paid if they dont work. so where is the incentive to isolate? This is true for many businesses not just supermarket workers. the greater good doesnt feed their children.

By *ack with a bangCouple  over a year ago

Hastings

"It’s been three months since the most at risk started isolation. So we’re well into them being a safe group. On top of that covid is risk free for at least 1/3 of all people and minor inconvenience for a large proportion.

And the chances are I’ll never know if I have covid, so yes I will carry on. My company would compensate me for my contract, but due to covid I no longer have a full time contract. So really boris only has himself to blame for people in my situation.

Isolation is incomplete, vaccination isn't done.

Boris should find a way to help people isolate if they have Covid to prevent the kind of situation you're talking about.

That doesn't change the fact that partially and unvaccinated populations remain at risk (because there's no way to put them all in a bubble where they cannot be in contact with the outside world).

So we wait."

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

It's not a matter of finding out whether you caught covid at work, it's more about preventing people going into work and spreading it further.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

And the chances are I’ll never know if I have covid, so yes I will carry on. My company would compensate me for my contract, but due to covid I no longer have a full time contract. So really boris only has himself to blame for people in my situation. "

wow... how selfish do you want to be. Get tested and If you need to stay at home do so.

Cant blame anyone for that attitude. Sorry but as the mother of someone who is shielding I find that shocking.

I'm tested 3 to 4 times a week currently depending on work. I wouldn't dream of carrying on if I was found to be positive.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Why should businesses pay for their staff to be tested?

The NHS are after a 12.5% pay rise, they should be offering any testing. A lot of businesses are and will struggle to survive this pandemic. A lot of them have spent pounds to be Covid safe, they don't need any extra expense or compliance.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I wish I had to lie on a NHS site and yes I was possative I just new don't know how just new. Nut it should befell staff at least once a week

By *anatthetopMan  over a year ago

Kent

You wanting to pay your bills should not increase the probability of a break down of the NHS neither. There are and there will be hundreds of thousands if not millions that will need the NHS for other life saving treatments. If it's overwhelmed, these people will die too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Cheap fast tests are a benefit to organisations and individuals. If they were introduced in a targeted way, for areas of concern, it would be a good short term response. "

Businesses are able to get suppliers of free tests now. Nobody will know as clearly what the status is in a business unless they test. Information is power - the power to improve things for the greater good.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Why would it be a good idea to test school children at least twice a week but the same idea be not relevant for workplaces?

(Honest question)

Having worked all on building sites all the way through this pandemic I would say I'm really impressed by the way they have all handled the rules even when they were unclear or changing and have seen severel people banned from site for not adhearing to them worst been sites in london with lots of foreign workers who turn up 5 in a car and don't follow the rules in the slightest. I'm sure if something like this was introduced aslong as it's financially viable to do they would do it if it isn't viable sites would shut,

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Why would it be a good idea to test school children at least twice a week but the same idea be not relevant for workplaces?

(Honest question)"

Great question. I suspect its because school kids are a soft defenceless target.

Lets not forget the uni students have been once again absent from any discussion at all.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 10:09:18]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Why would it be a good idea to test school children at least twice a week but the same idea be not relevant for workplaces?

(Honest question)

Great question. I suspect its because school kids are a soft defenceless target.

Lets not forget the uni students have been once again absent from any discussion at all.

"

Uni students aren’t absent from the discussion, if they are attending face to face education then they are to do the tests to

Guidance for parents and carers, students and university students, teachers and educational setting leaders

In England:

- twice-weekly testing for pupils and staff, for their households, and for their support and childcare bubbles

- all pupils return to schools on 8 March

- university students on practical courses who need to access specialist facilities and equipment can return to in-person teaching from 8 March

Leeds

"

"

"An announcement about University students will be made at the end of April" Shocking how they have been treated

Leeds

If uni students aren't doing a practìcal course they will be isolated at home for over four months. They were sent home mid December

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What a selfish arrogant attitude you have. Truly shocking!!!!

Tin town

These threads do intrigue me.. Last time we had infections at 6k per day was end of Sept... And remember how the public mood was then...?

Panic, close everything down govt are shit for letting it get out of control and not doing anything... And so on..

The time before that... (actually it was half that number) was April last year.. Remember the public mood then...? (ditto above).

Now we have a years more knowledge. We know about long covid a bit more now... And we also know that the higher the community rates of infection... The higher the chance of a new variant that does not respond to the vaccine....

But the public mood? now we need to open up and ignore.... Its not easy that's for sure but beating up on school kids while the adults crack on is unfair at best.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"

"An announcement about University students will be made at the end of April" Shocking how they have been treated"

I totally agree. They are paying for accommodation that they are legally required to pay for in their contracts but can’t legally go to. It’s awful and very wrong.

Leeds

"

They are paying for accommodation that they are legally required to pay for in their contracts but can’t legally go to. It’s awful and very wrong. "

I agree. Scandalous

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Already in place at my place of work..

""If there are breaches then the company is responsible". The company should be responsible for not allowing someone who tests positive to go into work but how can a company be "held responsible" for someone testing positive who might have caught it off-site ?"

Agreed, but companies should be held accountable for breaches of H&S control measures that help to facilitate the spread of the virus.

Tin town

(Honest question)

Uni students aren’t absent from the discussion, if they are attending face to face education then they are to do the tests to

Guidance for parents and carers, students and university students, teachers and educational setting leaders

In England:

- twice-weekly testing for pupils and staff, for their households, and for their support and childcare bubbles

- all pupils return to schools on 8 March

- university students on practical courses who need to access specialist facilities and equipment can return to in-person teaching from 8 March"

That's interesting... Can you send me a link for that? My daughters 2nd year and is certainly not returning to in person lectures tomorrow. She has gone a year without being permitted inside a uni building. They have not heard squat from the uni. (as of yesterday)

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

You cannot make somebody take a test its against your human rights even Govt cant do that. I get tested at work regulary but it is voluntary

Manchester (she/her)

"You cannot make somebody take a test its against your human rights even Govt cant do that. I get tested at work regulary but it is voluntary "

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

I can't find a citation for it, my Google skills are failing me. But I was led down the rabbit hole of looking by remembering a criminal case - someone was prosecuted for stealing their blood sample from the police (and it was notable because normally you can't steal part of your own body, but this was an exception).

I am reasonably sure that there are both criminal and public health measures which would limit the right to consent to testing.

On a mooch

"You cannot make somebody take a test its against your human rights even Govt cant do that. I get tested at work regulary but it is voluntary "

It is the same for schools and parents, it’s voluntary and your consent or the child’s consent for testing can be withdrawn at anytime

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"People are always at risk, from all sorts. Gonna ban sex because there’s risk of hiv and other diseases from that?

We’re at a point now where the unvaccinated are low enough risk to justify opening the world and not enforcing more complicated, expensive and prohibitive measures on already struggling buisnesses."

Not quite the same thing unless your company has a very relaxed attitude to ‘relationships ‘ between work colleagues & you can’t pass on skin cancer by being next to someone who has been sunbathing.

Statistically you may be correct that you are low risk of a poor outcome, but you don’t know that & you certainly don’t know potential outcomes for those you may infect. I don’t envy your position and I obviously don’t know you or your life.

Manchester (she/her)

We’re at a point now where the unvaccinated are low enough risk to justify opening the world and not enforcing more complicated, expensive and prohibitive measures on already struggling buisnesses.

Not quite the same thing unless your company has a very relaxed attitude to ‘relationships ‘ between work colleagues & you can’t pass on skin cancer by being next to someone who has been sunbathing.

Statistically you may be correct that you are low risk of a poor outcome, but you don’t know that & you certainly don’t know potential outcomes for those you may infect. I don’t envy your position and I obviously don’t know you or your life."

People really don't get the whole "respiratory" and "communicable disease" thing, it seems

The company i work for has bent the rules all the way through this.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

How in hell's name can a company or organisation be held responsible for somebody contracting the Covid-19 virus?

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Thought they were, its called HEALTH and safety. They could in theory be prosecuted by HSE.

Manchester (she/her)

"Thought they were, its called HEALTH and safety. They could in theory be prosecuted by HSE. "

It's a bit like saying "how can we stop people from getting food poisoning? It's not like companies can make their employees wash their hands or the cooking equipment"

Birmingham

Does this not fall into ‘taking reasonable steps’ type precautions?

Manchester (she/her)

"Does this not fall into ‘taking reasonable steps’ type precautions?"

You'd think

The reality is covid is never going away. High risk has been vaccinated, time to reopen society. Case numbers should be irrelevant, only hospitalisations. These should be plummeting now that the vast majority of the cause has been vaccinated. Let those who are paranoid live at home if they can afford to, but I can’t and shouldn’t be forced to suffer because of their fear.

What a selfish arrogant attitude you have. Truly shocking!!!! "

Is this person really selfish? Although he uses his own predicament as an example this is an issue that actually does not only affect him but millions more on 0hr contracts etc. His argument is just one more point for the great majority who's need for normality is moving ever closer to trumping the minorities need to stay isolated. To state that he is arrogant with no justification or counter argument is just blatant bad mouthing and against the rules of the forum. To think you have the right to do this because you believe that you are on the moral high ground is surely the epitome of arrogance! Therefore some would say that your post is actually the truly shocking one!

We await your considered counter argument with interest!

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

"You cannot make somebody take a test its against your human rights even Govt cant do that. I get tested at work regulary but it is voluntary

I can't find a citation for it, my Google skills are failing me. But I was led down the rabbit hole of looking by remembering a criminal case - someone was prosecuted for stealing their blood sample from the police (and it was notable because normally you can't steal part of your own body, but this was an exception).

I am reasonably sure that there are both criminal and public health measures which would limit the right to consent to testing."

Wrong, you can refuse a test at any time, nothing has changed.

Its still covered under the 2010 Human Rights Act (think it is section 4) and the Nuremberg Code.

Children can not be refused an education if they do not want to have a test or wear a mask and that is in the governments guidelines.

Manchester (she/her)

"You cannot make somebody take a test its against your human rights even Govt cant do that. I get tested at work regulary but it is voluntary

I am reasonably sure that there are both criminal and public health measures which would limit the right to consent to testing.

Its still covered under the 2010 Human Rights Act (think it is section 4) and the Nuremberg Code.

Children can not be refused an education if they do not want to have a test or wear a mask and that is in the governments guidelines."

Interesting, I know that people can be compelled to provide samples for, say, testing regarding drink driving.

I looked into it further, and it turns out that failing to consent to the test is the offence

Melksham

Statistically you may be correct that you are low risk of a poor outcome, but you don’t know that & you certainly don’t know potential outcomes for those you may infect. I don’t envy your position and I obviously don’t know you or your life.

People really don't get the whole "respiratory" and "communicable disease" thing, it seems "

If there have been 140,000 deaths from covid, and that is doubtful, its 0.2% of the population.

To any sensible person the steps taken are a completely over the top, unless there is an ulterior motive to put your country £2Trillion in debt to the banks.

Melksham

Children can not be refused an education if they do not want to have a test or wear a mask and that is in the governments guidelines.

Interesting, I know that people can be compelled to provide samples for, say, testing regarding drink driving.

I looked into it further, and it turns out that failing to consent to the test is the offence "

Bullshit!

I know people who are still working and will not take the test.

A friend was in hospital and he would not.

You can not force someone to have an invasive medical procedure.

Melksham

I looked into it further, and it turns out that failing to consent to the test is the offence "

Also can you quote the act passed by parliament and which section?

Manchester (she/her)

I looked into it further, and it turns out that failing to consent to the test is the offence

Also can you quote the act passed by parliament and which section?"

Section 7A Road Traffic Act 1988 - Blood taking without consent

Yup, it's about impaired driving not Covid.

But precedent for testing without consent exists.

I've just started a new job. If we dont have a test once a week and the LFT before our shift we can not work.

Also been told that we must have the vaccine if we want to be employed ( I've already had the first dose so obviously happy to have it)

Whether they can make you or not. Well it's a condition of the contract

Melksham

But precedent for testing without consent exists."

This covers a very specific set of conditions when the suspect is incapable of giving consent, and the sample has to be taken by a medical practitioner.

that is not the work place or kids at school. Any parents who are concerned about this have a look at democracy declaration.

The person whose post I have jumped onto performs like she is part of one of the government sponsored BIT organisations, so do be aware.

Melksham

"I've just started a new job. If we dont have a test once a week and the LFT before our shift we can not work.

Also been told that we must have the vaccine if we want to be employed ( I've already had the first dose so obviously happy to have it)

Whether they can make you or not. Well it's a condition of the contract"

It is an illegal clause, but sadly would take time and money to fight.

I do understand how difficult it is to fight these things and it is easier to comply.

But I would be worried that a company who has so little regard for the people it employees will treat you further down the line.

Manchester (she/her)

This covers a very specific set of conditions when the suspect is incapable of giving consent, and the sample has to be taken by a medical practitioner.

that is not the work place or kids at school. Any parents who are concerned about this have a look at democracy declaration.

The person whose post I have jumped onto performs like she is part of one of the government sponsored BIT organisations, so do be aware."

Looking at the CPS charging procedure, it's not an issue of capacity to give consent. Blood may be drawn *regardless* of consent.

Your idea that testing may never happen without consent is false - precedent exists.

"I've just started a new job. If we dont have a test once a week and the LFT before our shift we can not work.

I do understand how difficult it is to fight these things and it is easier to comply.

But I would be worried that a company who has so little regard for the people it employees will treat you further down the line."

actually it makes me feel better about working for them.

Manchester (she/her)

But I would be worried that a company who has so little regard for the people it employees will treat you further down the line."

I've been reading various commentaries on the issue, and the consensus seems to be shifting to the idea that mandating testing as a condition of employment is permissible in new contracts and mandating vaccination may be permissible.

Melksham

The person whose post I have jumped onto performs like she is part of one of the government sponsored BIT organisations, so do be aware.

Looking at the CPS charging procedure, it's not an issue of capacity to give consent. Blood may be drawn *regardless* of consent.

Your idea that testing may never happen without consent is false - precedent exists."

I did not say it would never happen, but as the law stands, they cannot.

Manchester (she/her)

Your idea that testing may never happen without consent is false - precedent exists.

"

So the Nuremberg code doesn't apply to suspected d*unk drivers?

Melksham

But I would be worried that a company who has so little regard for the people it employees will treat you further down the line.

I've been reading various commentaries on the issue, and the consensus seems to be shifting to the idea that mandating testing as a condition of employment is permissible in new contracts and mandating vaccination may be permissible. "

At this point it is not law.

Of course the crooks in westminster want it to be law, along with all the other acts of oppression they want to bring in.

Manchester (she/her)

I've been reading various commentaries on the issue, and the consensus seems to be shifting to the idea that mandating testing as a condition of employment is permissible in new contracts and mandating vaccination may be permissible.

Of course the crooks in westminster want it to be law, along with all the other acts of oppression they want to bring in."

Various law firms up and down the country disagree with your interpretation. (Obviously I can't link due to Fab rules)

It'll obviously be tested at some point, but the relevant experts on the matter believe that it might be permissible or worth testing.

Melksham

So the Nuremberg code doesn't apply to suspected d*unk drivers?

"

I am sure you are from a BIT organisation.

If you are happy for someone who does not want a jab or a test, to have to have one by force, that is a very dark place we are all going to go to.

Melksham

Of course the crooks in westminster want it to be law, along with all the other acts of oppression they want to bring in.

Various law firms up and down the country disagree with your interpretation. (Obviously I can't link due to Fab rules)

It'll obviously be tested at some point, but the relevant experts on the matter believe that it might be permissible or worth testing."

Law firms as always, will be rubbing their hands together.

However, do you not think there will be companies that will start up, or change their policy to only have people working for them who have not had the jab?

I hope we don't get to the point where the country is split, but I would not be surprised.

Why the word civil is used during a conflict between the people of one country I will never now, as they are far from civil and are always some of the most brutal.

Manchester (she/her)

It'll obviously be tested at some point, but the relevant experts on the matter believe that it might be permissible or worth testing.

However, do you not think there will be companies that will start up, or change their policy to only have people working for them who have not had the jab?

I hope we don't get to the point where the country is split, but I would not be surprised.

Why the word civil is used during a conflict between the people of one country I will never now, as they are far from civil and are always some of the most brutal."

Law firms put out information on the law and want to be seen as reliable. They're useful to get a general sense of what the law might be and what problems might arise, when you look at the commentary they provide on their websites.

I do think some companies will try to do that.

I have no idea what civil war has to do with anything.

It'll obviously be tested at some point, but the relevant experts on the matter believe that it might be permissible or worth testing."

I had no issues at all with it being part of my contract.. as makes total sense. It isn't forcing anyone to have it.. its part of the job description so I knew before I even applied that if accepted I would have to be happy with being tested weekly on a pcr test and before every shift with a LFT.

As I've been doing it off my own back or for a research project for much of the past year.. and I'd already had my vaccine.. what more does It matter. I have nursing friends who have to have various vaccines to work. This is no different. I've had jobs that required me to have an up to date tetanus jab... is there really any difference.

We also all have to wear masks, gloves and aprons. And in some areas full PPE. The tests are just a further part of that.

Melksham

Why the word civil is used during a conflict between the people of one country I will never now, as they are far from civil and are always some of the most brutal.

Law firms put out information on the law and want to be seen as reliable. They're useful to get a general sense of what the law might be and what problems might arise, when you look at the commentary they provide on their websites.

I have no idea what civil war has to do with anything."

If governments start changing peoples lives, pushing people in a direction they do not want to go and forcing medical procedures on their children, don't you think there will be a reaction?

while others are happy to go along with Then you have the other group who seem quite happy for all this to happen and are more than happy to follow the message pumped out by westminster.

That is a divided nation and is a tinder box.

Melksham

It'll obviously be tested at some point, but the relevant experts on the matter believe that it might be permissible or worth testing. I had no issues at all with it being part of my contract.. as makes total sense. It isn't forcing anyone to have it.. its part of the job description so I knew before I even applied that if accepted I would have to be happy with being tested weekly on a pcr test and before every shift with a LFT.

As I've been doing it off my own back or for a research project for much of the past year.. and I'd already had my vaccine.. what more does It matter. I have nursing friends who have to have various vaccines to work. This is no different. I've had jobs that required me to have an up to date tetanus jab... is there really any difference.

We also all have to wear masks, gloves and aprons. And in some areas full PPE. The tests are just a further part of that.

"

As long as you are happy, good luck.

Manchester (she/her)

If governments start changing peoples lives, pushing people in a direction they do not want to go and forcing medical procedures on their children, don't you think there will be a reaction?

while others are happy to go along with Then you have the other group who seem quite happy for all this to happen and are more than happy to follow the message pumped out by westminster.

That is a divided nation and is a tinder box."

I don't think most people will be bothered. I think most reasonable people regard testing and vaccination as a way to get lives back.

Melksham

That is a divided nation and is a tinder box.

I don't think most people will be bothered. I think most reasonable people regard testing and vaccination as a way to get lives back."

If you think you will ever let us get back to what we had before you are insane, or from a BIT organisation or both!

"

Hygiene should always be a priority but if you try to live in sterile environment your immune system will not have anything to fight and then if/when you come into contact with something that attacks your immune system it will be in a poor state to fight it.

Tell me, do you use anti bacterial liquids/gels? If so were you using them before March last year? "

I am well aware that you need to be in contact with some things. And yes when travelling on the underground or places I could not wash my hands, I'd used gels prior to this.

I've got a very good understanding of how things are transmitted and how to prevent them as best we can.. due to being the mother of a child with a compromised immune system... so may not have a degree in microbiology but have read an awful lot over the 24 years I've had to protect her for. Hence my understanding of many aspects of how viruses spread as how else can I try to prevent them entering my home.

Its not like I can have a decontamination unit at the front door... I've not gone as far as wiping all the food shopping, or changing clothes when I get in etc. But I've always been hot on not touching touch points if I could help it and regular hand washing.

I nearly lost her at 6 years old to a respiratory viral infection... no way am I risking her catching covid 19

By *pooksMan  over a year ago

stockport

"

Hygiene should always be a priority but if you try to live in sterile environment your immune system will not have anything to fight and then if/when you come into contact with something that attacks your immune system it will be in a poor state to fight it.

Tell me, do you use anti bacterial liquids/gels? If so were you using them before March last year? I am well aware that you need to be in contact with some things. And yes when travelling on the underground or places I could not wash my hands, I'd used gels prior to this.

I've got a very good understanding of how things are transmitted and how to prevent them as best we can.. due to being the mother of a child with a compromised immune system... so may not have a degree in microbiology but have read an awful lot over the 24 years I've had to protect her for. Hence my understanding of many aspects of how viruses spread as how else can I try to prevent them entering my home.

Its not like I can have a decontamination unit at the front door... I've not gone as far as wiping all the food shopping, or changing clothes when I get in etc. But I've always been hot on not touching touch points if I could help it and regular hand washing.

I nearly lost her at 6 years old to a respiratory viral infection... no way am I risking her catching covid 19"

I understand your caution and appreciate what you’re saying but there’s so many other things to consider. Did you say you’ve had the jab?

"

Tell me, do you use anti bacterial liquids/gels? If so were you using them before March last year? I am well aware that you need to be in contact with some things. And yes when travelling on the underground or places I could not wash my hands, I'd used gels prior to this.

I nearly lost her at 6 years old to a respiratory viral infection... no way am I risking her catching covid 19

I understand your caution and appreciate what you’re saying but there’s so many other things to consider. Did you say you’ve had the jab?"

We both have had our first. I get my 2nd in a few weeks thankfully

Manchester (she/her)

"

Perhaps you should look at who it is that’s disproving these theories and saying they’re false.

Think you’ll find it’s the same people who have a vested interest in selling the cure to the problem. "

This is a dangerous way of thinking. It really is. The amount of people I have to help see through the conspiracy theories to realise that there is a light . I've been on top of this since the start and at the beginning I to be honest thought it would be over and done with in months at most... I was wrong and I educated myself and got myself in a position where I could be part of the solution.

So please if this is what you truly believe I worry for you.

Birmingham

This is nearly as much fun as the seatbelt thread.

I am no scientist but I have developed a range of simple questions to help me out.

If this virus doesn’t exist, can’t be isolated & isn’t able to live outside the body..then what is killing people?

Corollary...how?

Why would a country (world) put itself trillions in debt to the banks?.

Corollary...where do the banks get that ‘money?’

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Do u still have to get tested if you’ve had the jab? If so, what use is the jab ?

Manchester (she/her)

"This is nearly as much fun as the seatbelt thread.

I am no scientist but I have developed a range of simple questions to help me out.

If this virus doesn’t exist, can’t be isolated & isn’t able to live outside the body..then what is killing people?

Corollary...how?

Corollary...where do the banks get that ‘money?’"

Terrain theory holds that disease comes from within the body, and what we think of as pathogens are artefacts of disease.

It made sense as an alternative to germ theory when we were figuring this shit out in the nineteenth century.

But, y'know, then science progressed somewhat, and now it's... umm. Fringe and unsupported

Birmingham

Thank you...

North Yorkshire

Completely impractical to the nth degree. It sounds like the sort of thing Mr Johnson would "roll out" one day and cancel the next.

"Do u still have to get tested if you’ve had the jab? If so, what use is the jab ? "
yes and please do you really honestly need that explaining

North Yorkshire

"This is nearly as much fun as the seatbelt thread.

Corollary...how?

Corollary...where do the banks get that ‘money?’"

Some would say we have been conned. The bank probably has a huge printing machine producing banknotes 24 hours a day. You borrow the "paper" to buy your house or car. You default on your payments. The bank seizes your house and car. Voila! The bank has turned "paper" into tangible assets. What was previously your bricks and mortar home and your car now belong to the bank.

North Yorkshire

Which the bank proceeds to sell for money. The money the bank loaned you was just an entry on a ledger.

North Yorkshire

The money did not exist. Just an entry in a ledger and you tied up in red tape.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Anymore conspiracies theories? Get 'em all out of your system, folks! We've not heard about the galactic federation on this one yet - remiss, perhaps?!

Manchester (she/her)

"Anymore conspiracies theories? Get 'em all out of your system, folks! We've not heard about the galactic federation on this one yet - remiss, perhaps?!"

Corporation of the United States? The secret ongoing presidency of Trump? Transhuman vaccines?

Bingo anyone?

"Anymore conspiracies theories? Get 'em all out of your system, folks! We've not heard about the galactic federation on this one yet - remiss, perhaps?!"

I was actually looking back at old posts of mine the other day and realised a year ago the conspiracy theories seemed funny and only the odd person spouting them. In fact a site I was on had a prize for the best made up conspiracy theory about the virus. At the time their was an asteroid going to come close to the earth and my suggestion was that maybe it was made up so we wouldn't notice the rich and famous hiding in their bunkers. It feels much less funny now.

Manchester (she/her)

"Anymore conspiracies theories? Get 'em all out of your system, folks! We've not heard about the galactic federation on this one yet - remiss, perhaps?!

I was actually looking back at old posts of mine the other day and realised a year ago the conspiracy theories seemed funny and only the odd person spouting them. In fact a site I was on had a prize for the best made up conspiracy theory about the virus. At the time their was an asteroid going to come close to the earth and my suggestion was that maybe it was made up so we wouldn't notice the rich and famous hiding in their bunkers. It feels much less funny now. "

I've been following conspiracy theories for years.

It's so much less funny now

North West

"Anymore conspiracies theories? Get 'em all out of your system, folks! We've not heard about the galactic federation on this one yet - remiss, perhaps?!

I was actually looking back at old posts of mine the other day and realised a year ago the conspiracy theories seemed funny and only the odd person spouting them. In fact a site I was on had a prize for the best made up conspiracy theory about the virus. At the time their was an asteroid going to come close to the earth and my suggestion was that maybe it was made up so we wouldn't notice the rich and famous hiding in their bunkers. It feels much less funny now. "

I think the closer they get to home, the more concerning and less amusing they become. They've been close to home for me for many years and came to a head on 25th January. I can't abide them at all

Manchester (she/her)

I was actually looking back at old posts of mine the other day and realised a year ago the conspiracy theories seemed funny and only the odd person spouting them. In fact a site I was on had a prize for the best made up conspiracy theory about the virus. At the time their was an asteroid going to come close to the earth and my suggestion was that maybe it was made up so we wouldn't notice the rich and famous hiding in their bunkers. It feels much less funny now.

I think the closer they get to home, the more concerning and less amusing they become. They've been close to home for me for many years and came to a head on 25th January. I can't abide them at all "

(Hugs)

I think the closer they get to home, the more concerning and less amusing they become. They've been close to home for me for many years and came to a head on 25th January. I can't abide them at all "

your posts about this made my little bit of tolerance to those with outlandish thinking disappear.. hugs x

North Yorkshire

"Do u still have to get tested if you’ve had the jab? If so, what use is the jab ? "

Safeguarding us a big "buzz" word at the moment. The general populace at large going about their daily business and being made aware of the "benefits" of having the jab and the word safeguarding popping up everywhere and being reminded of jabs received as a child to prevent contracting various diseases naturally assumes this jab will prevent contracting the disease. However the pharma companies are expressly excluded from any liability should you contract the disease or any long-term effects. Including succumbing to the disease. So, the safeguarding effect of the jab is nil. You can contract the disease, spread the disease, be a carrier of the disease spreading it without being aware of this fact. You must decide for yourself what are the safeguarding benefits of the jab.

Manchester (she/her)

"Do u still have to get tested if you’ve had the jab? If so, what use is the jab ?

Safeguarding us a big "buzz" word at the moment. The general populace at large going about their daily business and being made aware of the "benefits" of having the jab and the word safeguarding popping up everywhere and being reminded of jabs received as a child to prevent contracting various diseases naturally assumes this jab will prevent contracting the disease. However the pharma companies are expressly excluded from any liability should you contract the disease or any long-term effects. Including succumbing to the disease. So, the safeguarding effect of the jab is nil. You can contract the disease, spread the disease, be a carrier of the disease spreading it without being aware of this fact. You must decide for yourself what are the safeguarding benefits of the jab. "

I've decided for myself, based on science rather than nonsense.

Bring on the jab. Protect me, protect others

North West

Safeguarding is not a buzzword. It's our responsibility as citizens to look after not only ourselves, but our neighbours and fellow citizens. That's why isolating where required, getting tests where required and following the rules is important. It's not just about me or you. It's about us all.

Manchester (she/her)

"Safeguarding is not a buzzword. It's our responsibility as citizens to look after not only ourselves, but our neighbours and fellow citizens. That's why isolating where required, getting tests where required and following the rules is important. It's not just about me or you. It's about us all."

To me safeguarding is about a duty of care to our most vulnerable people, which is a much broader responsibility than vaccination.

I see vaccination and suppression of dangerous disease as my civic duty, being community minded. Idgaf how it's worded. We all do our bit to help each other - and in a public health emergency, it does depend on all of us.

Birmingham

"The money did not exist. Just an entry in a ledger and you tied up in red tape. "

So we can just strike the ledger & the debt disappears then. If you can make something that doesn’t exist disappear..

Manchester (she/her)

"The money did not exist. Just an entry in a ledger and you tied up in red tape.

So we can just strike the ledger & the debt disappears then. If you can make something that doesn’t exist disappear.."

I think of money as being a symbol for goods and services swapping. Even if there's no physical currency, it still exists.

I do know jiggery pokery can happen at a governmental level, but that doesn't make it conspiracy stuff (it just means that Swing don't extend to economics )

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

I've not seen any news / evidence to support the original claim. I work in a factory with 2000+ staff and we have strict ppe and distancing rules in place.

Birmingham

"The money did not exist. Just an entry in a ledger and you tied up in red tape.

So we can just strike the ledger & the debt disappears then. If you can make something that doesn’t exist disappear..

I think of money as being a symbol for goods and services swapping. Even if there's no physical currency, it still exists.

I do know jiggery pokery can happen at a governmental level, but that doesn't make it conspiracy stuff (it just means that Swing don't extend to economics )"

But oddly no answer from the OP....‘twas ever thus..

Manchester (she/her)

I do know jiggery pokery can happen at a governmental level, but that doesn't make it conspiracy stuff (it just means that Swing don't extend to economics )

But oddly no answer from the OP....‘twas ever thus.."

Funny that.

People seem to want debate... but we bring robust argument and they retreat.

I’m sorry but what companies are ‘bending the rules’ exactly?

By *ottoncandy42Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

The government has offered all companies free testing for all staff on site. If the company doesn’t take it up then they are asking for trouble.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

No need for the testing, we’ll never be rid of the virus but most will be vaccinated and the hospitals will cope ..... back to normal now

"I’m sorry but what companies are ‘bending the rules’ exactly?"

The one I work for i can assure you.

Melksham

"

Perhaps you should look at who it is that’s disproving these theories and saying they’re false.

Think you’ll find it’s the same people who have a vested interest in selling the cure to the problem.

This is a dangerous way of thinking. It really is. The amount of people I have to help see through the conspiracy theories to realise that there is a light . I've been on top of this since the start and at the beginning I to be honest thought it would be over and done with in months at most... I was wrong and I educated myself and got myself in a position where I could be part of the solution.

So please if this is what you truly believe I worry for you. "

Always follow the money

Melksham

"The government has offered all companies free testing for all staff on site. If the company doesn’t take it up then they are asking for trouble. "

Why are they asking for trouble?

Hastings

A lot of companies are bending the rules or turning a blond eye. If the onus was on them perhaps the lockdown could be over sooner.

No need for the testing, we’ll never be rid of the virus but most will be vaccinated and the hospitals will cope ..... back to normal now "

So when do you think all over 16 will be tested with both jabs I'm 53 not been offerd first as yet and if a winter booster is needed could be some time befor we get to every one

Hastings

"I’m sorry but what companies are ‘bending the rules’ exactly?"

Could not even tell you what the rules are work in manufacturing we have just carried on just have to where a mask. Not a big company about 30 of us in the building

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

nope my boyfriend and i work away from home and get tested weekly

Manchester (she/her)

No need for the testing, we’ll never be rid of the virus but most will be vaccinated and the hospitals will cope ..... back to normal now

So when do you think all over 16 will be tested with both jabs I'm 53 not been offerd first as yet and if a winter booster is needed could be some time befor we get to every one "

They were offering early 60s in my area last week.

Hastings

I was asked if I wanted to take 7 days holiday of my 17 days isolating after a posativ test as the company can only get 10 days back from the government.

North West

Anyone age 56 and over can book through the NHS website or 16-64 with a qualifying health condition: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/08/when-will-i-be-offered-coronavirus-vaccine-uk-covid

Hastings

So when do you think all over 16 will be tested with both jabs I'm 53 not been offerd first as yet and if a winter booster is needed could be some time befor we get to every one

They were offering early 60s in my area last week."

So when do you think everyone will have had both jabs 2022 some time

Manchester (she/her)

So when do you think everyone will have had both jabs 2022 some time "

October, most likely.

Hastings

October, most likely."

What do all over 16 years with both jabs.

Manchester (she/her)

October, most likely.

What do all over 16 years with both jabs."

Yes. That's the prediction

Hastings

October, most likely.

Yes. That's the prediction"

Wow hope we can get to that point I have not even been offerd it it yet at 53 mum had it last week at 75. So just a wating game...

On a mooch

"Anyone age 56 and over can book through the NHS website or 16-64 with a qualifying health condition: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/08/when-will-i-be-offered-coronavirus-vaccine-uk-covid"

It’s now 55 and upwards

Only good thing is people have to wear masks at work all the time now apart from when eating."

Sounds just like where i work

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I'm currently on jury duty & unless you present symptoms there is no forced testing, no questioning over masks or not!

They are social distanced, air renewed, disinfecting things passed between folk, wash hands, wearing masks (if you can) only when near others etc.

Given guidance and encouraged yes, but forced...no & that's a court, a system of law so no private businesses cannot do it legally or courts would be doing it already.

One of our jurers isnt feeling well so is at home awaiting results, we were told due to other measures in place we will not need to self isolate the whole jury, only the positive person.

Melksham

October, most likely.

Yes. That's the prediction"

Why do kids need it?

Melksham

[Removed by poster at 11/03/21 00:54:55]

They’ve been testing us every 5 days in work for the last two months but now it’s switched to fortnightly. Plus in my other job I’m also tested every 5 days so I’ve been having a test on a Monday and a Wednesday and neither employers care that I’m tested in the other job. I still have to have them.

On a mooch

October, most likely.

Yes. That's the prediction

Why do kids need it?"

Why do you think children don’t need it ?

» Add a new message to this topic