FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 2 weeks fully paid holiday 5 years

2 weeks fully paid holiday 5 years

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oveyoubeyou OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

If they can’t give the NHS more than a 1% pay rise they should at least get a well earned break of an extra 2 weeks fully paid holiday for the next 5 years

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Won't that cost more than a 1% pay rise? I make that a 4% pay rise equivalent but my math is probably wrong

Personally think they should get both but with have tight fraudsters in government.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If they can’t give the NHS more than a 1% pay rise they should at least get a well earned break of an extra 2 weeks fully paid holiday for the next 5 years "

Nice idea but I suspect the relevant staff won't be able to take it due to staff shortages

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This year has taught us how underpaid some of the most important jobs that we have are. Of course we can afford to pay them properly. And a holiday thrown in, which could be part funded by a travel company

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Does not cover all NHS staff but how about not charging NHS Hospital staff for parking? Simple non taxable and not a real cost to the taxpayer.

Leicester

Well other sectors have had 12% in last 3 years

Leicester

Very true

Leicester

Good idea or just free travel on any public transportation

Leicester

Yes!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"This year has taught us how underpaid some of the most important jobs that we have are. Of course we can afford to pay them properly. And a holiday thrown in, which could be part funded by a travel company "
To pay them mpre means giving something else less remember that

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

Only 1% pay rise as cannot afford more...New media room in Downing street cost £2.6 million...WTF??

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"Only 1% pay rise as cannot afford more...New media room in Downing street cost £2.6 million...WTF?? "

How much do you think a 1% pay rise would cost?

Its in the billions of pounds. £2.6 Million in the NHS doesn't get much.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"Only 1% pay rise as cannot afford more...New media room in Downing street cost £2.6 million...WTF??

"

No but it's still not right, just seems priority's are not in the right place..they have no problems giving them selves a nicer pay rise

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

Many NHS staff aren't able to take their current holiday allocation, let alone more.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Only 1% pay rise as cannot afford more...New media room in Downing street cost £2.6 million...WTF??

No but it's still not right, just seems priority's are not in the right place..they have no problems giving them selves a nicer pay rise "

Except they don’t give themselves the rise, an independent body does. They also pushed back on the proposed rise for this year to the organisation that does it and therefore no rise in 2021/22

Not taken my full holiday entitlement yet..

Wow.. my electric has just gone up and my car insurance.. so guessing that wont cover it.. oh wait council tax I'm assuming going up.. 2nd job it looks like.

Be nice to have your day of your birthday off ..or even 1 extra days holiday.

Whatever..its a bloody insult

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"This year has taught us how underpaid some of the most important jobs that we have are. Of course we can afford to pay them properly. And a holiday thrown in, which could be part funded by a travel company To pay them mpre means giving something else less remember that"

Reece mogg has 1 less butler?

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 08:43:38]

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I think considering something like free travel pass for work, free car parking or some kind of super discounted car lease purchase deal, increased pay isn't going to happen and most of us working in the NHS haven't been surprised by this.

You knew it was all going to go pear shaped when the government encouraged clapping and said we are super special people, kiss of death.

I'm happy I'm still in a job, next year, many won't.

By *eryCuriousCouple2012Couple  over a year ago

Funville

Naw, it'll be fine. The govt jumped on the 'people clapping in recognition of all the NHS staffs hard work'.

That's all that midwives, nurses, doctors etc etc wanted right? Just a bit of recognition, not a well earned and massively deserved pay rise or anything

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

just tax assets held in free-ports .... sorted

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 10:37:48]

NHS have worked through the pandemic. But so have other emergency services. Frontline police have had to face covidiots on a daily basis and yet are still bottom of the pile for vaccines and pay rises.

Nurses have taken a 12% rise over the last three years and are now moaning about a further 1%.

I make that 13% in four years. Name another emergency services worked that has got that. Not fire, not ambulance and certainly not the police.

Police took a four year pay freeze. So not even 1% a year. Which I'm sure most would have moaned about( and rightly so) but would have welcomed. I heard the police were give a £100 bonus for having worked through the pandemic but only if they hadn't had any time off with sickness in that period.

We know public pay rises will never reach the dizzy heights of the government but be happy your getting any because guess who's pay has been frozen again. £3.50 a week in your pocket is better than £3.50 in there's.

£100 spread over 52 weeks doesn't even buy a packet of crisps.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Or if they don't pay them more, then tax them less

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

"If they can’t give the NHS more than a 1% pay rise they should at least get a well earned break of an extra 2 weeks fully paid holiday for the next 5 years "
.yes please. K

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Does not cover all NHS staff but how about not charging NHS Hospital staff for parking? Simple non taxable and not a real cost to the taxpayer. "

Now that’s a much better idea

I work alongside nhs workers and parking is the real bugbear

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

That sounds like a company I worked for, they gave you 3 extra days holiday for helping them out.

The only downside was, you could never use them as the company was so short staffed.

» Add a new message to this topic