FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Booking a covid vaccine

Booking a covid vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The website is crap! Its a free for all scramble trying to book appointments. You click to confirm appointment detsils but you tbe find you've been gazumped by someone else. Centres appear n disappeared, times come n go, it like plating a on arm bandit!

One centre is over 20 mile away and tempted to just go there! Anyone else trying?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

A friend of mine got an appointment 70 miles away for him and his wife who is disabled.

He is having real problems sorting this out.Not sure why this is happening.

I told him to contact local MP

"A friend of mine got an appointment 70 miles away for him and his wife who is disabled.

He is having real problems sorting this out.Not sure why this is happening.

I told him to contact local MP"

Thats terrible!

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

When you finally book your appointment, then turn up for it you might get turned away coz that's what happened to me last week, I'm supposed to be in the extremely clinical vulnerable group, I've decided I'll wait till my age group is called for the jab

"When you finally book your appointment, then turn up for it you might get turned away coz that's what happened to me last week, I'm supposed to be in the extremely clinical vulnerable group, I've decided I'll wait till my age group is called for the jab"

Bloody hell. Did they not arrange another appointment?

Im trying to get one sorted before the post office drop more appointment letters off to everyone tomorrow.. Buggering the sytem up even more!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When you finally book your appointment, then turn up for it you might get turned away coz that's what happened to me last week, I'm supposed to be in the extremely clinical vulnerable group, I've decided I'll wait till my age group is called for the jab

Im trying to get one sorted before the post office drop more appointment letters off to everyone tomorrow.. Buggering the sytem up even more! "

has it not occurred to you that everyone else doing the same is what is making it so difficult for you?

within each age group someone has to go first and someone has to go last - its not like concert tickets that will sell out if you don’t jump in for the 9am pre sale - yet thats how people are treating it snd thats exactly why you are experiencing the booking system in the way that you are

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Booked mine really easily on Friday morning for the nearest Nightingale (next to Nissan in Washington).

Was painless!

"Booked mine really easily on Friday morning for the nearest Nightingale (next to Nissan in Washington).

Was painless!"

assuming its gone haywire over the weekend with the next age band being announced - friday was just before that so at the tail end of the last set of bookings

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Mine and his were pretty easy to do and very local to us

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Booked mine pretty painlessly for the nearest centre, an enjoyable mile's walk away. There's nothing wrong with website (it's NHS, not Serco), but there will be high demand on it so just be patient.

Wiltshire and London

"Booked mine pretty painlessly for the nearest centre, an enjoyable mile's walk away. There's nothing wrong with website (it's NHS, not Serco), but there will be high demand on it so just be patient. "

And this was this morning, by the way.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Mine and his were pretty easy to do and very local to us"

This..

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

A family member was invited to make an appointment, he's 61, he has to travel 2 hours, they are fully booked locally.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You've probably got to try to go for the less immediately attractive options, I'm guessing. Not quite so soon etc. It will just be the volume of people trying to book. Good luck!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"A family member was invited to make an appointment, he's 61, he has to travel 2 hours, they are fully booked locally."

My dad had this the first time, he just left it a couple of days and got one 4 miles away, which is local for where he lives.

chelmsford

"You've probably got to try to go for the less immediately attractive options, I'm guessing. Not quite so soon etc. It will just be the volume of people trying to book. Good luck! "

He has to wait 2 weeks for his .

chelmsford

"A family member was invited to make an appointment, he's 61, he has to travel 2 hours, they are fully booked locally.

My dad had this the first time, he just left it a couple of days and got one 4 miles away, which is local for where he lives. "

I think he'll keep looking for somewhere more local, considering we're not supposed to be travelling far at the moment

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Im 40 with high risk medical conditions and got a text with a link in it to book mine.

"A family member was invited to make an appointment, he's 61, he has to travel 2 hours, they are fully booked locally.

My dad had this the first time, he just left it a couple of days and got one 4 miles away, which is local for where he lives.

I think he'll keep looking for somewhere more local, considering we're not supposed to be travelling far at the moment "

You can travel as far as you like if it is for medical treatment.

There a lots of exemptions.

On a mooch

I think he'll keep looking for somewhere more local, considering we're not supposed to be travelling far at the moment "

Just sporadically log on and see what is available, hopefully something nearer will come up

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Everyone is desperate to book for a vaccine.

Best wait until you are called OP.

chelmsford

I think he'll keep looking for somewhere more local, considering we're not supposed to be travelling far at the moment

There a lots of exemptions. "

I know that lovely, but where he lives there are many people having to travel, according to his gp, as his group is the largest and the vaccine centre is becoming overwhelmed, not much else they can do.

chelmsford

Just sporadically log on and see what is available, hopefully something nearer will come up "

Yes thank you, that's what he is doing

I know that lovely, but where he lives there are many people having to travel, according to his gp, as his group is the largest and the vaccine centre is becoming overwhelmed, not much else they can do."

Then to be honest it sounds like there isn't anything local I know Ash's Dad Was told the closest place was 12 miles away. Not because other places were fully booked but because that was the closest place as they are in a rural area.

chelmsford

I know that lovely, but where he lives there are many people having to travel, according to his gp, as his group is the largest and the vaccine centre is becoming overwhelmed, not much else they can do.

Then to be honest it sounds like there isn't anything local I know Ash's Dad Was told the closest place was 12 miles away. Not because other places were fully booked but because that was the closest place as they are in a rural area. "

His GP centre is 3 miles away, they are fully booked for the foreseeable.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Not good to hear that some people are having such problems! I found the whole system really easy and booked for my preferred time at a place 2 miles away from me. Already had my first and second one booked so from my point of view can't fault it

"Not good to hear that some people are having such problems! I found the whole system really easy and booked for my preferred time at a place 2 miles away from me. Already had my first and second one booked so from my point of view can't fault it "

Part of the problem is the website. It should at least temporarily hold the slots you've select so you can click the confirm buton indtead of letting you get gazumped by someone else.

Not sure what to do really. Was told by local centre that the doctor will call/text me when i asked the doctor, they said to book online with nhs site.

Flights to Russia and a Sputnik 5 vaccine

By *entbriMan  over a year ago

medway

Mine was easy got a text on a Tuesday booked it for the Saturday 3 miles away !

"Mine was easy got a text on a Tuesday booked it for the Saturday 3 miles away ! "

From your gp?

"When you finally book your appointment, then turn up for it you might get turned away coz that's what happened to me last week, I'm supposed to be in the extremely clinical vulnerable group, I've decided I'll wait till my age group is called for the jab

Im trying to get one sorted before the post office drop more appointment letters off to everyone tomorrow.. Buggering the sytem up even more!

has it not occurred to you that everyone else doing the same is what is making it so difficult for you?

within each age group someone has to go first and someone has to go last - its not like concert tickets that will sell out if you don’t jump in for the 9am pre sale - yet thats how people are treating it snd thats exactly why you are experiencing the booking system in the way that you are "

The sytem doesn't temporarily hold your slot to givw you a chance to hit the confirm button before someone else books it

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

9 weeks into brexit saving £350 million a week hasn’t been invested in the nhs like it said on the red bus.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Mass Vaccination Centre in Notts has people coming from Sheffield, Lincs and similar distances. If people want the vaccination and are able to travel nothing wrong with driving 20 miles.

The vaccination rollout is amazing. Pisses me off when people gripe about it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Not good to hear that some people are having such problems! I found the whole system really easy and booked for my preferred time at a place 2 miles away from me. Already had my first and second one booked so from my point of view can't fault it

Part of the problem is the website. It should at least temporarily hold the slots you've select so you can click the confirm buton indtead of letting you get gazumped by someone else.

Not sure what to do really. Was told by local centre that the doctor will call/text me when i asked the doctor, they said to book online with nhs site.

"

Have you had a letter or a text?

Wiltshire and London

"9 weeks into brexit saving £350 million a week hasn’t been invested in the nhs like it said on the red bus. "

They meant £3.50 a week.

On a mooch

"Not good to hear that some people are having such problems! I found the whole system really easy and booked for my preferred time at a place 2 miles away from me. Already had my first and second one booked so from my point of view can't fault it

Have you had a letter or a text?"

You don’t have to wait for that if fit into the age criteria set by the site, which is now 56 upwards.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Have you had a letter or a text?

You don’t have to wait for that if fit into the age criteria set by the site, which is now 56 upwards. "

I wasn't questioning whether he could book a vaccination or not or his age. I was asking for a different reason

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"When you finally book your appointment, then turn up for it you might get turned away coz that's what happened to me last week, I'm supposed to be in the extremely clinical vulnerable group, I've decided I'll wait till my age group is called for the jab"
if you have a confirmation they wont turn you away... there has been many though that have failed to click the last bit of the process.. so while the appointment time and date have been booked... they didnt receive a confirmation.

I only know this from the irate people at receptions I've had to tell that sorry they dont actually have an appointment

"Mass Vaccination Centre in Notts has people coming from Sheffield, Lincs and similar distances. If people want the vaccination and are able to travel nothing wrong with driving 20 miles.

The vaccination rollout is amazing. Pisses me off when people gripe about it"

Well i am! Sending a disabled couple on a 140 mile round trip, snd IF the vaccine is available is terrible

Have you had a letter or a text?"

Letter. When i tried the site it said appointments unavailable, f5 lots of times and you get the trouble as i menyion

How are all these younger fabbers managing to get their vaccine so soon?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh but I'm amused at the idea of appointment gazumping, OP. Sorry again

If it makes anyone feel better, the system for volunteers to book shifts in the vaccine centres is very similar and frankly appalling. The app is very user unfriendly unfortunately.

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

Ours were easy, one by phone, the other on line, centre just down the road, second ones at the end of April, for us it was excellent service.

What a fuss

Look the NHS will do a mop up exercise in august anyway

On a mooch

"How are all these younger fabbers managing to get their vaccine so soon?"

Will be various reasons from working in healthcare, a carer or carer for a someone at home, underlying medical problem that qualifies them to have it.

probably brewing there own in a bucket 1 part bleach to 2 parts salt water few nettle leaves give it a good shake, got your self a vaccine.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"The website is crap! Its a free for all scramble trying to book appointments. You click to confirm appointment detsils but you tbe find you've been gazumped by someone else. Centres appear n disappeared, times come n go, it like plating a on arm bandit!

One centre is over 20 mile away and tempted to just go there! Anyone else trying? "

Yep.. Booked mine last night and it worked fine. Centres come up to give you choices of dates and times. Sometimes getting 1m people using a website might have a few problems though.

I was phoned last Monday offering me the vaccine on Thursday just gone...walked to my local health centre and didn't have to wait..walked straight in jab straight out....in there for less then 2 minutes

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

It seems like a weird system in England then. In Wales, each health ward works through their own list of registered people and texts them when it's time to ring for an appointment. If you think you've been missed, you ring your local vaccination admin center and make an appointment. Nice and simple

Tin town

"You've probably got to try to go for the less immediately attractive options, I'm guessing. Not quite so soon etc. It will just be the volume of people trying to book. Good luck!

He has to wait 2 weeks for his ."

Mine is 3 weeks but so what? 3m people to get jabbed in the group... Guess it depends on your expectations. Mine are... I take it whenever it is offered. Its free. All I have to do is turn up.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

One of my freinds got a letter in post. She had to ring and pick a day / time.

My fella got a text, saying the day & time he had to go.

I got a phone call, telling me day & time.

Guess it's a postcode lottery thing what you get.

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

I got a text last Monday with a link, booked for tomorrow, vaccination centre probably about 2 miles up the road. If i had used the letter they sent, i would have had to go further afield for vaccine centre.

Tin town

"I was phoned last Monday offering me the vaccine on Thursday just gone...walked to my local health centre and didn't have to wait..walked straight in jab straight out....in there for less then 2 minutes "

What? You weren't offered tea and a hand job? Bloody hell what kind of service is that!

I had the vaccination on Tuesday I never felt so bad after in my entire life I had the shakes I was literally all over the place but I'm glad I did it anyway at least I'm doing my bit he people safe and myself safe

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"It seems like a weird system in England then. In Wales, each health ward works through their own list of registered people and texts them when it's time to ring for an appointment. If you think you've been missed, you ring your local vaccination admin center and make an appointment. Nice and simple "

Larger population to manage in England. It's going well across the whole of the UK.

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 19:32:25]

"I was phoned last Monday offering me the vaccine on Thursday just gone...walked to my local health centre and didn't have to wait..walked straight in jab straight out....in there for less then 2 minutes

What? You weren't offered tea and a hand job? Bloody hell what kind of service is that! "

Should have so they can justify the extra £3.50 a week pay rise

I was lucky I had my first vaccination on Tuesday at my local council office. Was very simple to actually book as they sent me a text message to a link via a web page I just clicked on the time and it was confirmed. Hurt like hell though and felt absolute crap for the next couple of days with fever headache etc

"I was lucky I had my first vaccination on Tuesday at my local council office. Was very simple to actually book as they sent me a text message to a link via a web page I just clicked on the time and it was confirmed. Hurt like hell though and felt absolute crap for the next couple of days with fever headache etc"

Jeez you can catch man flu fro it....what a fecker

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 19:39:34]

Yeah it's not too bad though to be honest it just seemed like I had a bit of a fever couldn't stop shaking for about 8 hours or so another cracking headache to go with it but apart from that once you get over that you're ok

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

My second injection booked for last week was postponed at 24 hrs notice and I was given a new date of 31st March.

Seemingly the Vaccine centre has been told by the NHS to give priority to people awaiting their first jab.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"My second injection booked for last week was postponed at 24 hrs notice and I was given a new date of 31st March.

Seemingly the Vaccine centre has been told by the NHS to give priority to people awaiting their first jab."

When was your first one? It shouldn't be delayed beyond the three months (and don't get me started on the three month thing for Pfizer)....

Install the app, it's much better.

"The website is crap! Its a free for all scramble trying to book appointments. You click to confirm appointment detsils but you tbe find you've been gazumped by someone else. Centres appear n disappeared, times come n go, it like plating a on arm bandit!

One centre is over 20 mile away and tempted to just go there! Anyone else trying? "

Both of us booked in for both jabs first one next week with no hassle what so ever .

"What a fuss

Look the NHS will do a mop up exercise in august anyway "

August is 5 months of chance of catching covid

Very true

But I've got a feeling waiting for this jab may not be a bad idea

Why?

I volunteered for the Vaccine trials and although they chose to ignore little me ( dressed up as I was) the nice people in oxford sent me some info in case ..

in amongst the 24 hr on call doc they would have and if I remember the need to keep a video diary

They said .. and I paraphrase

"Oh btw we gave lab mice covid then we gave them the vaccine - some of them died from inflamed lungs but don't worry "

Now - how many out there who've had a bad reaction think they may have had covid ? Maybe they were asymptomatic at the time and just didn't know ? Or has anyone had a positive antibody test - then been ill after the jab

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Just booked mine a couple of hours ago. You get to book both jabs at the same time.

It only asks a couple of questions, so is very quick. When I put in both dates and pressed "submit", I was told that one of the dates was unavailable so somebody else must have just booked that date before completing.

I did it a second time, and got a confirmation with 2 reference codes for each vaccine.

Very simple, very quick, very local vaccination centre. Absolutely slick and efficient system.

Credit where credit is due, it works brilliantly.

"Very true

Why?

I volunteered for the Vaccine trials and although they chose to ignore little me ( dressed up as I was) the nice people in oxford sent me some info in case ..

in amongst the 24 hr on call doc they would have and if I remember the need to keep a video diary

"Oh btw we gave lab mice covid then we gave them the vaccine - some of them died from inflamed lungs but don't worry "

Now - how many out there who've had a bad reaction think they may have had covid ? Maybe they were asymptomatic at the time and just didn't know ? Or has anyone had a positive antibody test - then been ill after the jab

"

Suppose that's why they have to sit for 15 mins? Before being allowed to leave.

I am considering my odds of catching it, and If i did catch it, my chances of surviving. I have aldo watched the news for anyone having severe reactions

[Removed by poster at 07/03/21 23:53:36]

"Just booked mine a couple of hours ago. You get to book both jabs at the same time.

It only asks a couple of questions, so is very quick. When I put in both dates and pressed "submit", I was told that one of the dates was unavailable so somebody else must have just booked that date before completing.

I did it a second time, and got a confirmation with 2 reference codes for each vaccine.

Very simple, very quick, very local vaccination centre. Absolutely slick and efficient system.

Credit where credit is due, it works brilliantly."

Just entered a relations postcode who lives in Watford, you have a good selection there. Up here its "no appointments available" depending on where you live really

chelmsford

"You've probably got to try to go for the less immediately attractive options, I'm guessing. Not quite so soon etc. It will just be the volume of people trying to book. Good luck!

He has to wait 2 weeks for his .

Mine is 3 weeks but so what? 3m people to get jabbed in the group... Guess it depends on your expectations. Mine are... I take it whenever it is offered. Its free. All I have to do is turn up. "

It's not really the waiting time, it's the 4 hour round trip...

I had mine in Jan due to being a volunteer and being at the vaccine centre.. also I'm a carer... my daughter aged 24 had hers 3 weeks ago due to having downs syndrome.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I booked my 2nd jab on Friday at the same place I had my first its 45mins away but I don't mind hopefully the cute fireman who did my first will do my second lol

I'm lucky I work shifts so just booked it around my rest days

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Had my first today, you need photo Id so I don't know how your gonna duke the system!

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

And you were turned away, why? Did you have proof of vunerabilty from your doc and photo id on you ?

One centre is over 20 mile away and tempted to just go there! Anyone else trying?

Had my first today, you need photo Id so I don't know how your gonna duke the system!"

we have never asked anyone for id...

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"Very true

Why?

"

I’ve never had Covid, confirmed by negative antibody tests and regular Covid testing. I had almost every side effect listed following the AZ vaccination. It was definitely side effects not Covid as I did a test 48 hours after the vaccination.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"My second injection booked for last week was postponed at 24 hrs notice and I was given a new date of 31st March.

Seemingly the Vaccine centre has been told by the NHS to give priority to people awaiting their first jab.

When was your first one? It shouldn't be delayed beyond the three months (and don't get me started on the three month thing for Pfizer)...."

First injection was 7th January, and yes it was Phizer. The second jab due on 31st March will be 1 day inside the three months.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Couldn’t have been easier.

Got a text from GP surgery inviting me to book.

Clicked on link

Confirmed identity with DOB

Picked a date and time from the list offered.

Confirmation text received.

Took about 2 minutes start to finish.

When I attended for the jab it was all equally as efficient.

Top job all round

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

I’ve had no problem,getting one done today a quarter mile from house , booked online.everyone else I know from my doctors and including my neighbours have been sent into town

When was your first one? It shouldn't be delayed beyond the three months (and don't get me started on the three month thing for Pfizer)....

First injection was 7th January, and yes it was Phizer. The second jab due on 31st March will be 1 day inside the three months."

Don’t worry. You’ll be fine and the slightly longer wait will be beneficial for you. Our bodies are designed in such a way that our immune system reacts more strongly when there’s a large pause between doses. The same is true for pretty much all vaccines in existence x

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

we booked it on the Thursday for the Saturday no problem 300 yards from where we live at first they said 7 miles away but when we changed the times we got in no prob

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

didnt have any problem at all booked my 1st through the app and now booked my 2nd through it too only took minutes.

[Removed by poster at 08/03/21 07:44:35]

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"Sounds like a postcode thing then.

Just tried again this morning and still getting "No appointments available" "

I'm having the same problem. Guess we just have to keep trying.

Sounds like a postcode thing then.

Just tried again this morning and still getting "No appointments available"

I entered postcode of relations in Watford and get loads of places and timeslots to select from

"Sounds like a postcode thing then.

Just tried again this morning and still getting "No appointments available"

I'm having the same problem. Guess we just have to keep trying."

Yeah, not sure how its organised. I wasn't sure if the local gp surgeries are doing them too. There's a covid vaccine centre doing them 2 miles away from me where I took my mum to.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Got my letter last Monday and had loads of choice of times and days including the same afternoon. There was also 8 vaccination centres available and a note saying if none of these were suitable to contact my GP who would organise it there.

Had the jab on Saturday with no side effects. Very efficiently run centre too so couldn't fault the system.

[Removed by poster at 08/03/21 08:18:05]

Just did both appointments took less than 2mins

Centre is 7 miles away

By *entleman JackMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Then you are doing it all wrong! I phoned the proper number, the phone was answered immediately, and was given an appointment to suit me straight away!

Choice of innoculation centres. Jumped in my car, got the jab, no fuss, no drama, no after effects whatsoever. Didnt even feel the needle going in!

By *lderone1Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Mydoctors sent me a text message offering the choice of appointments for a Wednesday the following week at a local place less than a mile away

Just checked as my second jab is 12 weeks after the first I thought this was a bit long, but after a bit of Google fu the recommended interval for astra zeneca vaccine is 12 weeks as medical studies have found this to give the highest percentage of of protection

So now you know

Blyth

"Then you are doing it all wrong! I phoned the proper number, the phone was answered immediately, and was given an appointment to suit me straight away!

Choice of innoculation centres. Jumped in my car, got the jab, no fuss, no drama, no after effects whatsoever. Didnt even feel the needle going in! "

It's not a case of "doing it all wrong" at all. Don't be so condescending!

The letter which us sent gives a website to log onto to book your appointments. Yoh put in your details and your postcode and then it will give you details of vaccination centres that have appointments available. If none of this centres have availability then it tells you on screen thst there are no available appointments.

You can call 119 if you're having trouble booking an appointment, which I assume is what you did, but I'm happy enough to wait and use the online booking system.

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I didn’t have any issues for mine, got the text from my GP with the link to book in on the Monday, was booked in for the Friday at a local health centre. Found it all really efficient

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

We went on line Sat ..got vaccine time Monday...really good ...can only speak for our treatment

Tin town

There's only so many 15 minute slots in a day. Once they are gone they are gone. Millions of people trying to book the same resources is going to have some collisions. I can remember similar threads about the "book a test" website... Its similar in as much as it seems to work well for most. And some seem to have difficulties. Either because it doesn't match their expectations, or the technology isn't for everyone and I sympathise with those that struggle or can't do apps or websites, I hate the assumption that everyone can or wants or is able to.

By *otsMan  over a year ago

Higham

Despite being vunerable I've decided to wait all venues offered are unsuitable or are too far away.

(Suitability needs to be in medical setting, allergies).

Most I was offered were at Pharmacies so they were no good and some where in COVID hot spots Leicester been 2nd worst in tbe Country.

So i can wait for a more local appointment.

As soon as the homw counties / the south are done things should pick up, up here

On a mooch

"As soon as the homw counties / the south are done things should pick up, up here"

Not sure how that works out. The north east is the third highest vaccinated area, behind the midlands and south east.

Each areas demographics are different and how quick or not they will get through each group.

"As soon as the homw counties / the south are done things should pick up, up here

Not sure how that works out. The north east is the third highest vaccinated area, behind the midlands and south east.

Each areas demographics are different and how quick or not they will get through each group. "

The governments in the past usually prioritise the homw counties first, not just the covid thing, Just saying

On a mooch

"As soon as the homw counties / the south are done things should pick up, up here

Each areas demographics are different and how quick or not they will get through each group.

The governments in the past usually prioritise the homw counties first, not just the covid thing, Just saying "

If you look at the stats and population done, that isn’t the case, this time.

The governments in the past usually prioritise the homw counties first, not just the covid thing, Just saying

If you look at the stats and population done, that isn’t the case, this time. "

The numbers your stating will be the vulnerable? Not regular populations.

Relations in Watford have koads of centres and loads of slots in each centre, using their postcode.

Nothing up here except the odd on slot offered which gets jumped on.

Out of curiosity, ive tried post codes in blyth (north of me) and even the city of Newcastle and g2t the same result.

I don't argue your stats just availability. Just saying the way things are up here regarding availability, vaccines or facility issues possibly.

Booked mine online at time and date suitable to me. Had it done no problems. Got to book second one while I was there, again for date and time to suit me. Was in and injected in 15 mins then had to wait around further 15 mins to watch for side effects. Have had all over 65 relatives get done with no problems at all. So cant complain here.

Tin town

"As soon as the homw counties / the south are done things should pick up, up here"

Maybe take a look at the map of where have had more vaccinated?

Tin town

The governments in the past usually prioritise the homw counties first, not just the covid thing, Just saying "

Just saying. Check the facts before eating that chip

On a mooch

Relations in Watford have koads of centres and loads of slots in each centre, using their postcode.

Out of curiosity, ive tried post codes in blyth (north of me) and even the city of Newcastle and g2t the same result.

I don't argue your stats just availability. Just saying the way things are up here regarding availability, vaccines or facility issues possibly.

"

No it’s split across the population. Vulnerable wise the North East has the second highest number of clinically vulnerable, but still managed to vaccinate 89% of them so far.

As for your relations in Watford yes there maybe more centres, pharmacies doing the vaccines, but the population will be more dense so needed but we also don’t have a highly aged population, I’m sure issues will hit with the 55s and under which is our main demographic

For 70+ all regions, except London have done 94-100% vaccinations (1st dose) of their groups, our coverage is 83-87%. It will all even itself out over time.

Blyth

"

Just checked again and there are now appointments available at Washington which isn't far away from Sunderland

Tin town

Just checked again and there are now appointments available at Washington which isn't far away from Sunderland "

Is that the Washington by Watford?

Just checked again and there are now appointments available at Washington which isn't far away from Sunderland

Is that the Washington by Watford? "

You putting tomato ketchup on that chip you have?

Is that the Washington by Watford? "

Ah, must've got you home County lot sorted, so its picking up here like i said

Just checked again and there are now appointments available at Washington which isn't far away from Sunderland "

Yes byt go very quickly. Seen on in Newcastle, any good for you?

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’ve booked mine, no issues at all.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Public health will be booking mine for me on day 4 of my isolation.

Blyth

Yes byt go very quickly. Seen on in Newcastle, any good for you? "

No, Newcastle not much good for me really. There are a couple of centres fairly close to ne but haven't seen any appointments for them yet. I'll just keep trying and if I get one, great. If not I'll just wait for my doctors surgery to invite me in as that's just around the corner.

By *ilthyBIMan  over a year ago

Stoke- Castle staffs

Booked mine easily on website saturday when i had letter of NHS for this sunday 14th & my secound jab may 31st

Even had a choice of 5 centres all local to me and the time i wanted.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Book on the App, it's a doddle

By *ultonfuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

Oulton Broad, Suffolk

This morning it was announced that those aged 55, 400,000 of them, will get a text today as a pilot for booking with a text invitation rather than a letter. Hubby got this text this morning and managed to book via link. Site will therefore be very busy today because all these extra text invitations have gone out.

Yes and the only problem. I had was with the second appointment. So I called 119 and all solved.

So stop complaining and use your common sense and problem solve

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I had no trouble booking mine for next week. Second dose booked at the same time at the same place.

Hopefully I won't have any bad side effects.

By *ooking for SubmissivesMan  over a year ago

Close by

Not always guaranteed to work BUT

If you have a local vaccination centre near you, try and get there around 30 mins before it closes, even if you don’t have an appt.

If they are doing the Astra Zenica jab there is always a high chance that there may be some spare vaccines left. Anything that doesn’t get used on the Day gets thrown in the bin of not used as it can’t be put back in the fridge again.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Its a big stupid. Misses booked hers we live right next to a vaccine centre and several others close by but had to travel 30 miles to another city to do.

By *cadMan  over a year ago

Wirral

Strange, my GP invited me and I just booked with them. All very local and very convenient.

Perhaps people are advised to wait for their GP to contact them instead?

A friend got offered his and was offered sites 10+ miles away by the national service. I said wait for the GP to offer you one, which they did about a week later, and they booked it 2 miles away a few days later.

Seems there's two systems at play here, probably to try and speed up amount of vaccines being administered.

"Yes and the only problem. I had was with the second appointment. So I called 119 and all solved.

So stop complaining and use your common sense and problem solve"

Oh get over yourself.. Hadleigh?!, down south.

I don't know why you lot are getting riled up.? All i observed was there's plenty slots available doen south abd not much/nothing available up here. That's all! Chill out!, I've even been messaged by some Welsh lot not even o the English system, geez!

"Its a big stupid. Misses booked hers we live right next to a vaccine centre and several others close by but had to travel 30 miles to another city to do."

A neighbour wad sent a text but is sending her 140 miles round trip. She's trying to get it sorted.

The vaccination scheme is doing well, just what pisses me off is /was was availability inconsistency and slipping up by sending people miles away. Hopefully there's a process in place to correct being sent miles away.

» Add a new message to this topic