Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ixie-and-him OP   Couple  over a year ago

st helens

so got 1st jab done

mrs and i both at same time

oxford jab was given out last week

now i woke up the next morning fine, not even a slight pain or ache in the arm

and i have been fine since , its like i never had the jab

now my mrs errrrrr, 3 days in bed shaking-temp-tired like you wont believe,loss of appetite, ect ect

you can never guess how its going to effect you

both glad we had it???

yeh,your dam right

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"so got 1st jab done

now my mrs errrrrr, 3 days in bed shaking-temp-tired like you wont believe,loss of appetite, ect ect

both glad we had it???

yeh,your dam right

"

At least you know that the symptoms aren't illness, they're just your immune system.

It makes me wonder about how much of the discomfort when sick, isn't the infection at all, it's just ourselves, our own immune system

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"so got 1st jab done

both glad we had it???

yeh,your dam right

At least you know that the symptoms aren't illness, they're just your immune system.

It makes me wonder about how much of the discomfort when sick, isn't the infection at all, it's just ourselves, our own immune system "

The answer, Sophie, is the vast majority of the symptoms of illness is our immune response (inflammatory response) to the pathogen. Virulence factors like toxins etc can also cause symptoms, such as diarrhoea or vomiting, but a temperature, somnolence, lack of appetite, itchiness and other common, non-specific signs and symptoms of illness are your immune response.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Bring on the vaccine

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

"so got 1st jab done

both glad we had it???

yeh,your dam right

It makes me wonder about how much of the discomfort when sick, isn't the infection at all, it's just ourselves, our own immune system

The answer, Sophie, is the vast majority of the symptoms of illness is our immune response (inflammatory response) to the pathogen. Virulence factors like toxins etc can also cause symptoms, such as diarrhoea or vomiting, but a temperature, somnolence, lack of appetite, itchiness and other common, non-specific signs and symptoms of illness are your immune response."

And that possibly explains the variance in reaction to the vaccine... If you've had Covid, but asymptomatically, then your immune response kicks in to it, giving fever or chills etc.

I'd choose not to see it as a reaction to the vaccine, but proof I'd been triple rather than double dosed for immunity

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"so got 1st jab done

both glad we had it???

yeh,your dam right

The answer, Sophie, is the vast majority of the symptoms of illness is our immune response (inflammatory response) to the pathogen. Virulence factors like toxins etc can also cause symptoms, such as diarrhoea or vomiting, but a temperature, somnolence, lack of appetite, itchiness and other common, non-specific signs and symptoms of illness are your immune response.

And that possibly explains the variance in reaction to the vaccine... If you've had Covid, but asymptomatically, then your immune response kicks in to it, giving fever or chills etc.

I'd choose not to see it as a reaction to the vaccine, but proof I'd been triple rather than double dosed for immunity "

It does indeed. I had mild Covid in early April 2020, still had antibodies in August 2020 but not checked since. Other than an achy arm, I had zero side effects to my vaccine. I'm trying not to analyse!

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I wonder how many people would have had this jab if they knew they were guinea pigs for phase 3 human trials which end in 2023? Not licensed and only under emergency use until the trials are over. "

Thanks but I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine rather than the virus.

By *ountryfansCouple  over a year ago

huntingdon

I had my first jab yesterday. I had the Astrazeneca version. Feel like i been hit by a bus and have a headache from hell. But would rather have these than the virus. So pleased to have had my 1st dose

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had mine Sunday ,been bad , shakes aches , pain everywhere, still feel like shit now but glad I got it done

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Had mine Sunday ,been bad , shakes aches , pain everywhere, still feel like shit now but glad I got it done "

Had mine Sunday as well, was ok until last night then just felt overwhelmingly exhausted.

Had mine yesterday no fever so far but no strength in my body, headache, bit nauseous and arm and neck painful. Exhausted but weirdly can’t sleep...anyone else had this?

Still glad I had it

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes I had no effects from it but friends at work some of them were in bed unwell for a few days x

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

I had mine a couple of weeks ago ... bit if a sore arm, but thankfully Ok.

A family member tested positive a couple of months ago, but was perfectly fine then / no symptoms .... she then had the vaccine and had flu symptoms for 24hrs ... guess you just never know.

Still glad I had it and encourage everyone to play their small part in this and do the same.

R x

A temperature isn't a side effect of the vaccine and is thought that it means you had something that was going to come out anyway!

I was told that when I had mine ... aching, tiredness, soreness and cold like symptoms are the symptoms

Though I never had anything not even a sore arm lol

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Had my first (Oxford) Jab two days ago, absolutely no side effects whatsoever.

K

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

It’s so impressive how quickly the NHS are getting through the vaccine program - makes me prouder than anything Bojo ever did. Well done to all involved.

I had Pfizer two weeks ago achy arm and a bit woolly for 24 hours been fine since. X

By *izzie and VictorCouple  over a year ago

worcestershire

Lizzie had hers on Friday and has felt a little fatigued and chills since.

I had mine yesterday and so far just a very slight ache in my arm.

Both had Oxford/AstraZeneca

Had mine Friday. Woke 3am Saturday with fever, body aches, extremely painful dead arm, head ache, mild confusion, feeling like a had a knot between my shoulder blades, and insomnia... I couldn’t sleep at all and then that feeling stuck around all the way until about 10pm Saturday night when I fell asleep.

It all went away by Sunday

By *lacklovingwomanWoman  over a year ago

St. Neots

Had side effects from 1st jab, mainly fatigue and headache. But all went away in 3 days.

Much rather have that than die from covid

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Got mine tomorrow,feeling anxious

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

Getting mine booked in tomorrow, hopefully no side effects but you never know!

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Just had my second Pfeizer jab. No reaction to the first one but know a, few who were zonked out for a couple of days after. I'm taking paracetamol for a couple of days to try and reduce any reaction.

Have mine Thursday

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

A few of us had it at 8am today . I’m absolutely fine , my 20 year old daughter is really had , fever , sick and blur lips. My mate who 10 years younger can’t use his arm

Mrs chair had hers and had a headache for a week, i had mine and my arm is still sore 3 weeks later, so yes we all react differently, but worth it in the long run i think

oh and im the guy who has broken almost every bone in the body, so not a wuss

Dubai

We’re all better today. The others were bad I almost an ambulance for my daughter it was like malaria , quite scary. I got a milder version about midnight lasted about 6 hours but fine now just can’t use my arm

Dubai

[Removed by poster at 13/03/21 10:05:17]

Dubai

Not sure if it helped or not but I rested and ate really well and avoided alcohol for 2-3 days before and doubled my VitC to 2000mg per day and doubled water intake too.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I had the Astra Zeneca about 5 weeks ago now. No symptoms just the achy arm. This week a number of my colleagues have had the same vaccine and all 5 have had the same symptoms.... 3 or so days in bed shivering, aching, bad head.

Made me wonder if it was anything to do with batch numbers?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

When i eventually get called for it will let ya know wat i feel like after.not holding my breath though my docs aint even started on the over 50s yet so a while yet till i get offerd it

"A few of us had it at 8am today . I’m absolutely fine , my 20 year old daughter is really had , fever , sick and blur lips. My mate who 10 years younger can’t use his arm "

Don’t take this the wrong way - but how were a group of you able to all go and get it together?

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

I've had both Pfeizer jabs.

No reaction at all to either. It is purely down to each individuals immune system response.

Exactly the same reason some people get a cough and some people die when they catch Covid.

I would recommend taking paracetamol the day you are due the Jab and for the next 2 days after, to help limit and immune response to it.

Get first one on Monday

By *ickedgames88Couple  over a year ago

stoke

Both had our 1st jabs yesterday afternoon (AstraZeneca). We both had/have bit sore injection site and achy arm and neck, but, nothing that’ stops us doing anything. Was really anxious about having it given some health issues we both have but all good so far!

By *onny357Man  over a year ago

Chester

First one done for me too astrazenica version sore arm headache and a bit achey but pain killers are dealing with it so my advice is get it, it will get to the point I think that if we don't have it and can't prove we've had it then we won't be allowed in areas that people gather like pubs, clubs even maybe shops and I hate online shopping

» Add a new message to this topic