FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Self employment grant

Self employment grant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many if us have are self employed and claimed these grants im just worried so stopped claiming them cause work has been busy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I claimed two then jobs came along. Both earned me more than I usually get per year.

To go on claiming and still earning is a bit like signing on the dole and doing a cash in hand job. So I expect some kind of reckoning will come about.

In theory the SE would get the earnings on a typical year, but still pay tax over the threshold.

Yeah I totally get what your saying but I work inside people's homes had jobs cancel cause said client has had covid so I'm not sure really

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

The rules say you can claim if your work has been affected by rona. If you've had work cancelled I'd say that's enough.

I think the revenue will impose some adjustments. I think some have done better than normal and others not so. But this wasnt outlined when they began the scheme.

can’t your accountant give you advice of what they think you are still entitled to based on your books so far for the tax year?

if you are legally entitled then i think you should claim - some people got furlough plus additional jobs and we all (including me who worked as normal paye throughout and didn’t need anything ) are going to have to pay it back anyway - might aswel take any payout you are entitled to before you have to take the hit of higher tax - if its surplus use it to invest in your business

The revenue will nail the self employed by imposing equivalent national insurance as those on paye.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"The revenue will nail the self employed by imposing equivalent national insurance as those on paye."

Surely that's 'fair' not 'nailing'.

By *dnlawCouple  over a year ago

buckhurst hill

Does anyone know how I can access government support, for limited company where myself & wife have been drawing dividend 3 times a year?

Effectively we are self employed but do not have paye, nor business rates as we run the company from home providing health care marketing services.

I'm thinking that

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I am pretty certain that County Councils employ business advisers and consultants which includes financial advice as well as grants and loans. Have a look in their websites. Give them a call. It may be to your advantage.

Self employed grants are available if businesses have been adversely affected by covid, they are based on the average of three years taxable profits and the grants received will form part of your taxable income for future tax returns.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

"Self employed grants are available if businesses have been adversely affected by covid, they are based on the average of three years taxable profits and the grants received will form part of your taxable income for future tax returns. "

The next grant is for the last 4 years. Including the return this year due of Jan 2021. Which was for 2020. 80% ave of last 4 years, one which I bet is greatly reduced income due to corona. Self emplyed are being shafted again.

Any way to dilute the payment down.

Poole

This is the last grant. Foughloug runs till Sept. Again an unfair balance. Not like self emp " leasure" businesses will be running at 100% income from the get go. A lot will have to re build client and customer base.

There will be a fifth and final grant later in the year

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"The revenue will nail the self employed by imposing equivalent national insurance as those on paye.

Surely that's 'fair' not 'nailing'."

Not really, people forget the self employed don’t get sick pay, holiday pay etc

Do the employed pay £1200 + a year for accountants, do they pay £350 + for public liability insurance ?

If your self employed you don’t work you don’t get paid, simple !

We’re even taxed on our dividends !

How the fuck am I supposed to live on 3.2 million a year ?

I’ve just postponed my new McLaren until September delivery, I’m gutted !

Poole

"There will be a fifth and final grant later in the year "

Oh, my mistake, just read it online - your right. Businesses with a loss of 30% will get 80%, as the 5th grant.

» Add a new message to this topic