FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Welsh Gardens

Welsh Gardens

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

just been watching the Welsh minister talking about lifting restrictions..

from next week.. i think.. you can go into someone else's garden.. walk through someone's house to go to garden but can't use the toilet. This is the margins that drive people mad

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They need to be specific because many people don't have the ability to think for themselves.

The answer is obvious... Plant pumpkins, they reckon urine is excellent to get them to grow big. So when your friends visit they can help water the pumpkins and abide by the rules at the same time

"just been watching the Welsh minister talking about lifting restrictions..

from next week.. i think.. you can go into someone else's garden.. walk through someone's house to go to garden but can't use the toilet. This is the margins that drive people mad

d"

Just have a wee in the bushes

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I had to turn him off, it was awful

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 12/03/21 08:50:53]

Herne Bay

d"

Shows Mentality of some politicians absolute control freaks , type of people you wouldn’t want as friends

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

In Scotland you can use the toilet in England we're not even allowed in the garden

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Went on a H&S course, where it was explained that you have to be very specific as to what people and can't do, so that they are clear, and that there is no ambiguity.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

What shall I do when I want the. In the English country garden.

Isn't there a song about that.

By *igDickSwansMan  over a year ago

Swansea City Centre

so you cant use a toilet... bizarre rule, i mean ok you can have a wee in the bushes but what if you need a number 2

Good

Don't want my friends in my bathroom anyway, they can piss al fresco

"so you cant use a toilet... bizarre rule, i mean ok you can have a wee in the bushes but what if you need a number 2"

Shit in the roses, assuming it has the same effect as horse shit

Walking through a house does not usually involve touching anything apart from possibly door handles.

It is also minimal time spent in an enclosed space.

Going to the toilet involves more time indoors, touching many surfaces. Likely to involve also stopping to chat to people inside the house because people are sociable.

It is unlikely that people will wear face masks in a friend's house or social distance.

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

In the last lockdown he let the pubs open but banned the sale of alcohol in the pubs so this new one isn't really a surprise over here.

"Walking through a house does not usually involve touching anything apart from possibly door handles.

Going to the toilet involves more time indoors, touching many surfaces. Likely to involve also stopping to chat to people inside the house because people are sociable.

It is unlikely that people will wear face masks in a friend's house or social distance."

I struggle to understand how people don't get this

"Walking through a house does not usually involve touching anything apart from possibly door handles.

It is unlikely that people will wear face masks in a friend's house or social distance.

I struggle to understand how people don't get this"

Don't worry, I do "get it". Was just making light of the situation with my comments about shitting in the roses etc. Sorry if I offended anyone

On the toilet note though, all our local supermarket toilets are open, with nothing available for you to clean surfaces before or after each individual use.

"On the toilet note though, all our local supermarket toilets are open, with nothing available for you to clean surfaces before or after each individual use. "

Very good point!

Same round here.

let's face it if you're going to invite someone to have access to your house /garden a high percentage of people will let them use loo.. especially as you can wash your hands after the journey!!

d

"On the toilet note though, all our local supermarket toilets are open, with nothing available for you to clean surfaces before or after each individual use.

Very good point!

Same round here."

When the gym was open, every piece of equipment, every shower and toilet cubible had a bottle of spray and dispoable towels to be wiped between people

Don't get why shop toilets can't /don't have to do this

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Is it different than any other outdoor mixing, you go to the park, for a walk, sit on a bench and have a catch, no toilet facilities available there.

So same rules currently apply to gardens. I personally don’t see the confusion.

"let's face it if you're going to invite someone to have access to your house /garden a high percentage of people will let them use loo.. especially as you can wash your hands after the journey!!

d"

It's not exactly a rule they can enforce is it?

but it's an opportunity to wash your hands which is still the overriding number one rule i thought

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

It makes sense if you think about it but almost no one is going to obey this rule.

If you invite someone round theres no way you're going to not let them use the toilet.

On a mooch

"let's face it if you're going to invite someone to have access to your house /garden a high percentage of people will let them use loo.. especially as you can wash your hands after the journey!!

d"

What about the surfaces they might touch on the way, are you going to follow and wipe each part they touch and then go in and wipe down the bathroom ?

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

The toilet rule is partly a practical one to reduce potential transmission and partly a psychological one to remind you that you're not safe from infection just because they're your friends. It also encourages you to not spend too much time with them.

Supermarket toilets are setup to be as hygienic and easy to sanitise as possible. Typically with touch-free soap and hand dryers. They're also generally cleaned regularly throughout the day.

Your friends house might not be so easy to sanitise between visits and you probably have one towel to dry everyone's hands on and touched a few door knobs going there and back. And given that you've probably hugged your friend or at least come within 2m of them, or accepted a mug from their hands, the exposure risk soon adds up.

It's tough going but we are getting there.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"They need to be specific because many people don't have the ability to think for themselves.

"

Yes but no matter what you say or do some will never understand

you can also socially distance in the bathroom and usually well ventilated. as of 29th stay at home is lifted..so people will need toilet access also people who have had to work through this have been sharing bathrooms anyway and most households i know have numerous wipes and towels

On a mooch

"The toilet rule is partly a practical one to reduce potential transmission and partly a psychological one to remind you that you're not safe from infection just because they're your friends. It also encourages you to not spend too much time with them.

Supermarket toilets are setup to be as hygienic and easy to sanitise as possible. Typically with touch-free soap and hand dryers. They're also generally cleaned regularly throughout the day.

Your friends house might not be so easy to sanitise between visits and you probably have one towel to dry everyone's hands on and touched a few door knobs going there and back. And given that you've probably hugged your friend or at least come within 2m of them, or accepted a mug from their hands, the exposure risk soon adds up.

It's tough going but we are getting there. "

some of the supermarket loos I've had to use recently have been awful including one where there was no light in the men's toilet if there had not been any one using ladies at the same time

"The toilet rule is partly a practical one to reduce potential transmission and partly a psychological one to remind you that you're not safe from infection just because they're your friends. It also encourages you to not spend too much time with them.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Is it different than any other outdoor mixing, you go to the park, for a walk, sit on a bench and have a catch, no toilet facilities available there.

So same rules currently apply to gardens. I personally don’t see the confusion. "

Me neither

If you used a toilet in someone's house you are likely to touch lots of things on the way there, if you have Covid you may have left it on the said things...doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the logic of the rule

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You know last year when they were opening up and people where saying WTF at some of the decisions ( me included ) when you sit and think about it you end up saying arrhhh yes as it does make sense.

Maybe so all of us who don't get it straight away, maybe they should add an explanation of why when telling people what rules there are.

"In Scotland you can use the toilet in England we're not even allowed in the garden"

Sorry, I don't even know why I found that so funny.

Is anyone actually taking any notice of this at all?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Is anyone actually taking any notice of this at all? "

My daughter won't visit me until 29th March when she can travel out of her area and sit in my garden.

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 12/03/21 13:08:24]

Herne Bay

"

Is anyone actually taking any notice of this at all?

My daughter won't visit me until 29th March when she can travel out of her area and sit in my garden. "

Who would listen to some old commie

He needs to buy a suit which fits him too once all shops are open

Herne Bay

"He needs to buy a suit which fits him too once all shops are open "
Probably get one of those that chairman Mao used to wear

there are countless professions like plumbers, builders, gas technicians and washing machine repairmen and the like that have been in and out pf peoples houses through the pandemic... bet they've all bed using people's loos

By *urygent1Man  over a year ago

North West

"The answer is obvious... Plant pumpkins, they reckon urine is excellent to get them to grow big. So when your friends visit they can help water the pumpkins and abide by the rules at the same time "

What about a big dump, are they any good?

Just think tho it’s ok to go to a supermarket.

But noooo noooo you cant see ur family

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Who would listen to some old commie "

Are you referring to Boris or someone else ?

lol Boris a commie that's hilarious

Herne Bay

"lol Boris a commie that's hilarious "
Mark Drayford , thou way Boris is spending Taxpayers money maybe he turned

no never tho he would be critical of labour for doing the same thing tho

It is easier to ensure a private toilet in someone's home is sanitised between each person, supermarkets are not providing equipment to allow people to clean thr toilet, sink etc before after themselves. The gym toilets had this in place in each cubicle. Seems to be beyond supermarkets, and they aren't getting cleaned between each person, like someone could easily do in their own house, should a visitor need to use the toilet etc

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Again with the stay local. So can only travel 5 miles . Cant visit family outside that range to even go in their garden yet i can travel upto 250miles a day for work and visit 20-30 sites . Oh and travel more than 5 miles to a garden centre . Time dripford went

Well I think Mark Drakeford has done a pretty good job even though I wont be voting for him in May

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

All these guidelines by each government is based on vulnerability which is not never mentioned so don't automatically think because government has said it's ok it's ok to follow use your own common knowledge just by number of deaths and be safe and act carefully remember it's your loved ones or friends which means nothing what's so ever to the government but means more to you it's not over as people are still dying might be less but this could also change and increase no matter if the NHS are able to control the pressure of those who have caught the virus..

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"Well I think Mark Drakeford has done a pretty good job even though I wont be voting for him in May "

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"Well I think Mark Drakeford has done a pretty good job even though I wont be voting for him in May "

Same here! He's always been pretty transparent with the WA decisions on covid and he doesn't make flashy promises that he knows he can't keep. He's very cautious about everything, which can be frustrating, but we've felt pretty safe with him, Kirsty and Vaughan in charge. Shame he's not running again for FM but he must be exhausted from the last 12 months.

I am not a labour voter but if it were a toss up between him and Boris' handling of the whole shitshow I would back Drakeford every time

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

d"

How would they know?

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

d

How would they know?"

Perhaps they would know if the people who have had the vaccine use the toilet because of the microchip that is in the it

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Bring back the outside toilet .....

Though DFL’s obviously think thats what Herne Bay and Whitstable beaches are.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

d

How would they know?"

They don't. They expect people to obey the law. Like with many other laws where breaches aren't always detected

"Bring back the outside toilet .....

Though DFL’s obviously think thats what Herne Bay and Whitstable beaches are."

you've just made me think of my long dead Nana the only person i knew stillwith an outside lavvy growing up

d

d

How would they know?

They don't. They expect people to obey the law. Like with many other laws where breaches aren't always detected "

I would imagine if people in Wales have company in their gardens who wish to use the toilet, it isn't going to be a great chore for them to give the toilet and sink a quick sanitise before and after the visitor goes in and for them to use kitchen roll to dry their hands as opposed to a communal towel. This is a risk that is easilly mitigated by some simple steps

Manchester (she/her)

d

How would they know?

They don't. They expect people to obey the law. Like with many other laws where breaches aren't always detected

I would imagine if people in Wales have company in their gardens who wish to use the toilet, it isn't going to be a great chore for them to give the toilet and sink a quick sanitise before and after the visitor goes in and for them to use kitchen roll to dry their hands as opposed to a communal towel. This is a risk that is easilly mitigated by some simple steps "

I get that, but there's a theme through this section of "this can't be enforced (any of it), we'll just forge documents, etc".

The laws exist for a reason, and apply to other things. Why is it an acceptable or even conceivable argument to go "well, guess I'm gonna go do crime"?

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"Bring back the outside toilet .....

Though DFL’s obviously think thats what Herne Bay and Whitstable beaches are.

you've just made me think of my long dead Nana the only person i knew stillwith an outside lavvy growing up

d"

Thats what triggered the post, both my sets of grandparents had outside loo’s.

Using it in the winter was not one of life’s luxuries

d

How would they know?

I would imagine if people in Wales have company in their gardens who wish to use the toilet, it isn't going to be a great chore for them to give the toilet and sink a quick sanitise before and after the visitor goes in and for them to use kitchen roll to dry their hands as opposed to a communal towel. This is a risk that is easilly mitigated by some simple steps "

eek no not common sense.. you don't say

d

Manchester (she/her)

d

How would they know?

I would imagine if people in Wales have company in their gardens who wish to use the toilet, it isn't going to be a great chore for them to give the toilet and sink a quick sanitise before and after the visitor goes in and for them to use kitchen roll to dry their hands as opposed to a communal towel. This is a risk that is easilly mitigated by some simple steps

d"

I don't think common sense has worked well here, do you?

Why does the rule exist? Will encourage spending time indoors, which will increase likelihood of transmission. Will increase length of visits. May reduce social distancing.

There's very clear rationale, balancing the need to socialise with the very real risk that remains.

We're so close to getting through this damn mess. So close. Why can't we just stick to the rules and get our lives back?

d

How would they know?

d"

You'd think wouldn't you?

My only issue with the toilet thing is that they remain open in supermarkets with no extra measures in place to allow us to sanitise before and after ourselves, with 100s of people passing through. Yes they may be cleaned regularly through the day, but between several customers not between every one. This is, however, easilly achievable in private toilets in people's homes. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter to me, I don't like many people so am in no rush to have anyone from outside my existing bubble in my home or garden. Just that if toilets in peoples homes are such a risk for transmission then god help those in supermarkets

Manchester (she/her)

"My only issue with the toilet thing is that they remain open in supermarkets with no extra measures in place to allow us to sanitise before and after ourselves, with 100s of people passing through. Yes they may be cleaned regularly through the day, but between several customers not between every one. This is, however, easilly achievable in private toilets in people's homes. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter to me, I don't like many people so am in no rush to have anyone from outside my existing bubble in my home or garden. Just that if toilets in peoples homes are such a risk for transmission then god help those in supermarkets "

I get it. I think consistency would be a fine thing, but *shrug*

I suspect in supermarkets you're more likely to socially distance, would be the answer, but I get that it's not perfect.

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

I can sum this up in one sentence...

Drakeford and the Welsh Govt are a bunch of knobends.

Bought to you by "I state the obvious to help educate".

"My only issue with the toilet thing is that they remain open in supermarkets with no extra measures in place to allow us to sanitise before and after ourselves, with 100s of people passing through. Yes they may be cleaned regularly through the day, but between several customers not between every one. This is, however, easilly achievable in private toilets in people's homes. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter to me, I don't like many people so am in no rush to have anyone from outside my existing bubble in my home or garden. Just that if toilets in peoples homes are such a risk for transmission then god help those in supermarkets

I get it. I think consistency would be a fine thing, but *shrug*

I suspect in supermarkets you're more likely to socially distance, would be the answer, but I get that it's not perfect."

you are much more likely to socially distance in someone else's bathroom than in a packed aisle at lidl!!

d

» Add a new message to this topic