FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid jab or no covid jab ?

Covid jab or no covid jab ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adbodntattoos OP   Man  over a year ago

Essex

Who has worries about having the vacine and if so what worrys you about it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Will be having it when offerd not so much a worry about having it more a case is it gona be the magic bullet everyone thinks its going to be.we have whitty on the t.v saying there is likley to be another spike around autum winter time if everyone hasbeen stuck with a needle by then why are we likley to see another spike

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Nothing worried me about having it, actually there was a sense of relief almost like a weight being lifted and a sense that the light at the end of the tunnel has suddenly got a lot closer.

As with any drug/medication there is the possibility of side effects and i can see why some may be hesitant in having the vaccine given the media exposure of a few thromboembolic events, however unless it turns into hundreds of people with these events (in the uk) then they are currently happening at less than the 1 in 1000 that they usually occur in the population.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Nothing worried me about having it, actually there was a sense of relief almost like a weight being lifted and a sense that the light at the end of the tunnel has suddenly got a lot closer.

As with any drug/medication there is the possibility of side effects and i can see why some may be hesitant in having the vaccine given the media exposure of a few thromboembolic events, however unless it turns into hundreds of people with these events (in the uk) then they are currently happening at less than the 1 in 1000 that they usually occur in the population."

By *reeneyes1983Man  over a year ago

solihull

I had it, didnt give it a second thought really as the consequences of me getting covid would have been quite dangerous.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

No worries at all and no need to have any. Sadly certain factions on social media and I'm sure other places too just have to sow a seed of doubt and some people start to get anxious which then undermines all the good work being done.

I had mine weeks and only side effects I had were the same as when I've had a flu jab n now I feel safer for it

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I did not hesitate in the slightest. Had both jabs now and feel safer when out.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No worries, as the evidence for them is very strong. I'm half way through, didn't have side effects.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've had my vaccine. I was originally trying to be in the trials so wasn't worried. I was so so glad when my daughter got hers.

A no brainier , why wouldn’t you? Had a few side effects but nothing compared to what it could be like if a contracted Covid.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Having mine this morning. Can't wait

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Great to see a covid thread with everyone being positive

Tomorrow for me

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Get my first one next Monday. Looking forward to getting my life back.

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Vaccination won’t be mandatory by law, but from the other point, if airlines will be requiring you to have it before boarding, then answer yourself;)

My opinion is that we will not know any long time side effects right now. You will be able to tell more maybe in 3-5 years.

Will we get vaccinated? Yes.

Are we against? Cannot say without knowing more about this vaccine.

We do not get a flu jab every year. But we did get all required vaccines when traveling to Asia and Africa.

We are now recovering from covid. Both of is had it last week.

Kama had a really bad time. We get tired much quicker now. Kama can’t walk for too long. Cannot run like she could pre-covid. She was affected. She was struggling with breathing.

Sorry for long post.

am having my first jab this saturday 20th march.

By *losernow69Man  over a year ago

Melksham

I will not be having it.

Good luck too you all

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I will not be having it.

Good luck too you all"

Will you change your mind if venues won't admit you without it ?

By *ohnThomas1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good luck too you all"

It's to not too.

Get an education this is our only hope.

Melksham

Good luck too you all

Will you change your mind if venues won't admit you without it ?"

Would I risk my health just to get into a venue? No way!

Once those chemicals are in your body, you can't flush them out.

If you are sure it works, why would anyone who has had it, be worried that I have not?

Melksham

Good luck too you all

It's to not too.

Get an education this is our only hope."

Keep your kilt on jock!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'll be having the jab. I trust that countless health organisations know how to analyse the safety and efficacy data, and/or that that number of governments are entirely incapable of agreeing and being able to maintain a conspiracy (in other words, if there were one, someone would have said something provable and we'd have evidence).

By *moretwoCouple  over a year ago

Feltham

Both had the vaccine had no 2nd thoughts and no regrets, defiantly has made us feel a bit safer and hopefully the start to the road back to normal (whatever normal will be)

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I had mine - never looked forward to a jab so much in all my life! Everything in life is a balance of risks

The risk of covid, hospitalization and possible death plus long covid is far higher than what we know of the risks of this vaccination. Known risk against hypothetical risk? Easy decision for me.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Both had it without a 2nd thought.

Wasn't worried, if anything it was a huge relief, and another step towards hoping to get back to normality. Just waiting on our 2nd dose now.

I need to see my family, I need to be able to hug my Mum and my Brothers and Sisters, and kiss my neices and nephews and just...ENJOY life again!

This past year has absolutely destroyed my mental health and if there's anything I can do to help get back to what we had, I'll take it!

- Amy. x

I will have it but I will be worried. Every kind of medication has risks. Even food allergies can suddenly appear at any time. Worth the risk.

Melksham

"Both had it without a 2nd thought.

Wasn't worried, if anything it was a huge relief, and another step towards hoping to get back to normality. Just waiting on our 2nd dose now.

I need to see my family, I need to be able to hug my Mum and my Brothers and Sisters, and kiss my neices and nephews and just...ENJOY life again!

This past year has absolutely destroyed my mental health and if there's anything I can do to help get back to what we had, I'll take it!

- Amy. x"

I am not trying to be funny, but why did you just not go and see them?

er to protect them

Melksham

"er to protect them "

er, from what?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Having vaccine has made me less stressed when in supermarket etc and sleeping better and feel it is the start of getting my life back together.

There is a risk in all drugs/vaccines etc but the possible benefits are far greater than any risk.

I urge you all to get it lets get our lives back

Melksham

"Having vaccine has made me less stressed when in supermarket etc and sleeping better and feel it is the start of getting my life back together.

There is a risk in all drugs/vaccines etc but the possible benefits are far greater than any risk.

I urge you all to get it lets get our lives back"

Manchester (she/her)

"Having vaccine has made me less stressed when in supermarket etc and sleeping better and feel it is the start of getting my life back together.

I urge you all to get it lets get our lives back"

Hampshire

Yay ! Just had my first jab

"er to protect them

er, from what?"

What are you trying to prove?

By *orthampton jamesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Had mine Saturday, all good, a little ache in the upper arm Sunday morning but soon disappeared, think we should all take it if offered, it was quick and painless, people looked happy to be receiving it

By *gent SteveMan  over a year ago

North Wales, Chester,

Four counties have pulled the Oxford astra one because of blood clots,will trust my 99% immune system thanks

"Four counties have pulled the Oxford astra one because of blood clots,will trust my 99% immune system thanks "

Do blood clots never happen apart from when people have received a vaccine?

Hampshire

"Four counties have pulled the Oxford astra one because of blood clots,will trust my 99% immune system thanks "

And the NHS if you get sick of course

Already had it anyone who is offered it should get it

I've had both my Pfizer doses

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I had my reservations due to already having had covid and there being initial doubts over it stopping you spreading it. Now that it seems to help protect others too, I'm booked in this week.

According to oxford university I have a 99.992% cha6of survival IF I catch it.

Why would I take an experimental injection for that.

Thanks but no thanks.

I had jab yesterday .... been fit and worked all through , my goodness it knocked me for 6 yesterday and still headache and shivers now ... but glad I had it

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

if you actually read the reports it's an over reaction. There are no more people who have had the vaccine getting blood clots than who haven't had it .

The vaccine is also now being shown to help reduce transmission so its not just yourself your protecting

By *ervy wrongunsCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

N has had it, she was ill for a few days. M is still waiting for his.

I'm waiting for enough lab rats to test this untested not yet licensed drug, then if safe and verify by the food and drug industry as safe for humans. I may consider having it. Till then no insurance cover, because I've checked my policy and if i take an unlicensed drug I'm not coved.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Four counties have pulled the Oxford astra one because of blood clots,will trust my 99% immune system thanks I'm waiting for enough lab rats to test this untested not yet licensed drug, then if safe and verify by the food and drug industry as safe for humans. I may consider having it. Till then no insurance cover, because I've checked my policy and if i take an unlicensed drug I'm not coved. "

Untested?

Unlicensed?

Oh ok..

Herts

[Removed by poster at 15/03/21 18:36:20]

Herts

"Both had it without a 2nd thought.

- Amy. x

I am not trying to be funny, but why did you just not go and see them?"

Of course, why not risk their lives for my own selfish needs?

My Mum is vulnerable, my Sister works with vulnerable people so can't take unnecessary risks, my Brother delivers essential medical equipment all over the country and cannot risk getting ill.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"I did not hesitate in the slightest. Had both jabs now and feel safer when out."

Didn’t realise from you profile pic that an oral version was available

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Fighting to have access to jab

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

My Mum is vulnerable, my Sister works with vulnerable people so can't take unnecessary risks, my Brother delivers essential medical equipment all over the country and cannot risk getting ill."

I don't think it was suggested that you should hug and kiss them, just that you could have stood 2m apart in the open air for a chat.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Already had mine so to bloody late to have concerns now. Maybe as a side effect it will make my dick bigger?

Bracknell

Not sure where you get the 99% from. However, 40 people having clots out of the 17 million vaccinated with the AZ version. As a percentage that’s (40/17,000,000)x100% = 0.00024%. That means that going with your 1%, you are 4250 (1/0.00024) times more likely to die due to COVID than getting a blood clot. Of course the number of people getting a blood clot after having the vaccine is no different to the number of people getting a blood clot without the vaccine. Therefore you will have the same risk of having a blood clot plus being 4250 times more likely to die. Nice thinking

Bracknell

"Four counties have pulled the Oxford astra one because of blood clots,will trust my 99% immune system thanks I'm waiting for enough lab rats to test this untested not yet licensed drug, then if safe and verify by the food and drug industry as safe for humans. I may consider having it. Till then no insurance cover, because I've checked my policy and if i take an unlicensed drug I'm not coved. "

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Verified by the food and drug Industry? Are you saying industry self regulates and not individual country regulatory bodies? Now that would lead to dodgy drugs etc. Not tested? Not licensed? Not going to waste my time there.

Manchester (she/her)

"Four counties have pulled the Oxford astra one because of blood clots,will trust my 99% immune system thanks I'm waiting for enough lab rats to test this untested not yet licensed drug, then if safe and verify by the food and drug industry as safe for humans. I may consider having it. Till then no insurance cover, because I've checked my policy and if i take an unlicensed drug I'm not coved.

Untested?

Unlicensed?

Oh ok.."

It's cute, isn't it?

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

in the back garden

I'm having mine this Friday. I hate needles but I know it's got be done. Not worried about the side effects. With my illness I feel like I have flu a lot.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Had the AZ ten days ago very slight temperature as I felt hot and sore arm for a couple of days, not worried in the slightest about the second dose, I wonder how many that are worried smoke,drink or take drugs, crossing the street has more risks than any of the jabs.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Nope. No worries at all. Gladly had mine 3 weeks ago.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Just make sure you tell them that if you get sick

Had my first one and no worries about having it. Feel more protected now going into hospital.

By *om-needs-good-girlMan  over a year ago

lar lar land

Had mine do anything to try not to catch that piece of shite virus again!

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I've had my first jab... the sense of relief I felt was amazing.

By *xploressCouple  over a year ago

Mid Devon

Mrs E has had hers and I'm booked in this week. Never been so excited about having a needle stuck in my arm and maybe feeling like shit for a day or two! I think it's amazing what these vaccines are doing for us. No doubts here at all. Jab us up baby so we can get back our there.

I've had my first one and reacted so badly I've been advised to think carefully about having the second dose, or any follow up ones.

By *raveller_87Man  over a year ago

Rossendale

My first is booked for next week. Not sure which one I'll be getting. Most people near me seem to have had the Pfizer one. But I'll gladly take any.

wont touch it. heard too many bad things. friends dad took the astra one and went to sleep n never woke up

another friends face swelled up and he nearly died. blood clotts and allergic reactions

i've not met anyone with somuch as a sniffle

i'll take my chances

any time i go out i'm wearing a helmet and biker leathers anyway

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Who has worries about having the vacine and if so what worrys you about it ?"

No worries here... I hae had my first and waiting for second.

My wife has booked her first.... My grown up boys are waiting for their call too.

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

leeds

"wont touch it. heard too many bad things. friends dad took the astra one and went to sleep n never woke up

another friends face swelled up and he nearly died. blood clotts and allergic reactions

i'll take my chances

any time i go out i'm wearing a helmet and biker leathers anyway"

Most people I know have had a sore arm at the site. 1 person felt crap for 2 days. Thats all I have seen... I am a nurse too. I have had it, my in laws have had it, my wife is about to have it and my grown up sons are waiting.

Having mine in the doctors surgery on Thursday, I’m already on blood thinners so that’s a help.

Was told you might get fuzzy head and to take paracetamol few hours before to help.

My first today, 2nd in june

Central

"I've had my first one and reacted so badly I've been advised to think carefully about having the second dose, or any follow up ones.

"

What's your Doctor's advice?

Central

I take it that you have sourced this scarily inaccurate info from dubious sources.

In the UK the MHRA approves vaccines for use and they have awarded approval to these vaccines. They don't license them - though other countries such as the USA may do - perhaps you got the wording from facebook etc? - so whichever insurance you have, assuming it is UK insurance, may refer to the UK MHRA.

Of course these vaccines are tested. Their trial data is available and tens of thousands of people participated in the trials. I take it that you've not read any of the research evidence, after making such glaringly incorrect claims. Perhaps you could educate yourself.

I had the Oxford one , got bad side effects for one day and was fine , I would get the other jab tomorrow if I could , it’s a no brainier, too many people are taking what idiots on Facebook are saying as facts , listen to the government and there team of experts

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Getting my first one on Friday morning....don't know which one I'm getting and I don't care.

had first Jab last week, no side effects .. bring on the next one .. need to travel

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Got mine yesterday. Thanks you NHS, and all your staff... You are making a difference.

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

I worry about people who worry about the jab.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Good luck too you all

Will you change your mind if venues won't admit you without it ?

Would I risk my health just to get into a venue? No way!

Once those chemicals are in your body, you can't flush them out.

If you are sure it works, why would anyone who has had it, be worried that I have not?"

Hope you don't catch the virus and end up in Hospital as all the treatments they have found that helps people survive may contain all the chemicals you speak of. In fact lets hope you don't don't need any medical intervention for any disease as you will be screwed if you are refusing all these life saving drugs. Oh and you had better stop breathing the polluted air with all these nasty chemicals that are killing us. Continue down the path you see fit sir, but remember Man kind can live to over 100 years of age due to all the medical interventions you are scared of

I was delighted to get both doses of this licensed, tested and approved vaccine.

Just as I was grateful to be innoculated against polio, measles, mumps, rubella, TB, etc, etc, ....

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

"wont touch it. heard too many bad things. friends dad took the astra one and went to sleep n never woke up

i'll take my chances

any time i go out i'm wearing a helmet and biker leathers anyway"

May be a surprise, but cigarettes are pretty bad for you.........

Manchester (she/her)

"I was delighted to get both doses of this licensed, tested and approved vaccine.

Just as I was grateful to be innoculated against polio, measles, mumps, rubella, TB, etc, etc, ...."

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

About time we had a positive thread (except for one person). Saying the vaccine is unlicensed and untested made me laugh, where do they get this rubbish from?

"According to oxford university I have a 99.992% cha6of survival IF I catch it.

Why would I take an experimental injection for that.

Thanks but no thanks. "

Manchester (she/her)

"About time we had a positive thread (except for one person). Saying the vaccine is unlicensed and untested made me laugh, where do they get this rubbish from? "

They "did their research"

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Devil has had her 1st jab mid-February due to her job. 2nd dose in 2 weeks' time.

Beast is having 1st dose on Friday.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

[Removed by poster at 17/03/21 20:41:21]

"About time we had a positive thread (except for one person). Saying the vaccine is unlicensed and untested made me laugh, where do they get this rubbish from? "

It's not entirely rubbish.

It's true in the US it is not a licensed drug and only has Emergency Use Authorisation from the FDA

It's also true as someone else mentioned, if you were to die of the vaccine in the US, your life insurance would not cover you.

In the Uk we have a Temporary Authorisation from the MHRA.

You can see the full details of this temporary Authorisation on the .gov website.

Here's a snippet of the very first part

"This temporary Authorisation under Regulation 174 permits the supply of identified COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 batches, based on the safety, quality and efficacy data submitted by Pfizer/BioNTech to MHRA in the period from 1 October to 2 December 2020

This authorisation is not a marketing authorisation."

It's not true that the vaccine is untested. However it is only partially tested.

Phase 3 trails for the Pfizer vaccine are not due to be completed until 2023.

Pfizer must supply interim phase 3 data to the MRHA throughout the process.

Temporary Authorisation could be pulled at anytime and full Authorisation and licensing will not be given until the phase 3 trails are complete.

I'm unsure about the life insurance issue in the UK. If anyone is concerned I'd suggest contacting your insurance provider for clarification.

Had mine on Monday, first prick I have had this year. No hesitation with having it, the sooner we all have them the sooner we can start getting back to normal x

» Add a new message to this topic