FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Ufc full crowds!

Ufc full crowds!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igh wide and handsome OP   Man  over a year ago

Dagenham

Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Good news. Things are getting back to normal

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Feels a bit premature... both the full crowds and the Usman/Masvidal rematch. Time will tell though - it'll help provide insight into the effect of bringing back crowds. Hopefully not at the cost of more unnecessary deaths. The main event not so insightful. Masvidal still likely to be mauled.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What country?

Dagenham

"What country?"

Us of a of course

Dagenham

"Feels a bit premature... both the full crowds and the Usman/Masvidal rematch. Time will tell though - it'll help provide insight into the effect of bringing back crowds. Hopefully not at the cost of more unnecessary deaths. The main event not so insightful. Masvidal still likely to be mauled."

He'll have more than 7 days notice this time, and he knows usmans foot stomps can't hurt him, with the crowd rooting for him, I reckon it'll be a good fight.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Feels a bit premature... both the full crowds and the Usman/Masvidal rematch. Time will tell though - it'll help provide insight into the effect of bringing back crowds. Hopefully not at the cost of more unnecessary deaths. The main event not so insightful. Masvidal still likely to be mauled.

He'll have more than 7 days notice this time, and he knows usmans foot stomps can't hurt him, with the crowd rooting for him, I reckon it'll be a good fight."

Whenever I see a foot stomp I just want to see the stomper getting flattened. Save it for a barn dance. Ach, it'll probably be a decent round/round and a half again, but Usman is too good a wrestler. I reckon he'll grind Street Jesus down then take him out.

Would rather have seen Masvidal get a win to fight his way back to a title shot. Shouldn't be given a crack at the belt off the back of a loss... even if he did Dana a favour taking that short notice fight.

Dagenham

"Feels a bit premature... both the full crowds and the Usman/Masvidal rematch. Time will tell though - it'll help provide insight into the effect of bringing back crowds. Hopefully not at the cost of more unnecessary deaths. The main event not so insightful. Masvidal still likely to be mauled.

He'll have more than 7 days notice this time, and he knows usmans foot stomps can't hurt him, with the crowd rooting for him, I reckon it'll be a good fight.

Whenever I see a foot stomp I just want to see the stomper getting flattened. Save it for a barn dance. Ach, it'll probably be a decent round/round and a half again, but Usman is too good a wrestler. I reckon he'll grind Street Jesus down then take him out.

Would rather have seen Masvidal get a win to fight his way back to a title shot. Shouldn't be given a crack at the belt off the back of a loss... even if he did Dana a favour taking that short notice fight. "

I feel the real problem is usman is a heavy welterweight, where masvidal is a blown up light weight.

But I really want jorge to win, and id LOVE to be in that arena to see it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It will give another prompt to people to normalise social gathering and that it's all safe now. Too premature.

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!"

And high likelihood of spread from Covid... We need to be very careful at this time.

In Liverpool a football match happened - people died during that outbreak.

Cheltenham - open air - with crowds still early days of covid and it spread like a wildfire with local area outbreaks.

Dagenham

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!

And high likelihood of spread from Covid... We need to be very careful at this time.

Cheltenham - open air - with crowds still early days of covid and it spread like a wildfire with local area outbreaks."

Agreed, that's why im not sure about it, but its in late April, maybe America's vaccine program will have it covered by then?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!"
Very scary to me and think it is the wrong thing to do,could undo all the good work done in the last few months

Dagenham

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!Very scary to me and think it is the wrong thing to do,could undo all the good work done in the last few months"

But it's in America, not sure how it's gonna effect us, going by boris reckons all social distancing will be gone by june anyway?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!Very scary to me and think it is the wrong thing to do,could undo all the good work done in the last few months

But it's in America, not sure how it's gonna effect us, going by boris reckons all social distancing will be gone by june anyway?"

We will see Bris tends to open his mouth before thinking

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!Very scary to me and think it is the wrong thing to do,could undo all the good work done in the last few months

But it's in America, not sure how it's gonna effect us, going by boris reckons all social distancing will be gone by june anyway?We will see Bris tends to open his mouth before thinking"

To be fair, it doesn't take a genius to predict what any leader is going to say. It's a bit like asking a football manager if they can win their next match... They are never going to say.... "no we are really shit and will bet humped"... Boris is going to try and keep spirits up. Not saying its right.... But its what they seem to do. For me.. Not a a scientist and not a politician but the "plan" started too soon and is too aggressive. We've suffered much... Let's not piss it away now.

"What country?

Us of a of course"

I'm so happy you put "us of a" that's brought a smile to my face

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It will lead to more death, the so called British varient is rife let alone the Brazil one which is even more infectious..

Dagenham

But it's in America, not sure how it's gonna effect us, going by boris reckons all social distancing will be gone by june anyway?We will see Bris tends to open his mouth before thinking"

He actually thinks? At any point??

What I think will happen is boris will open everything up , he will then say later on infection rates have increased and then do another roll out of vaccines to the younger generation... watch this space

Dagenham

15,000 full capacity, brilliant event, felt like life getting back to normal.

By *r TenderMan  over a year ago

wallasey

"15,000 full capacity, brilliant event, felt like life getting back to normal."

Was good to see can’t remember the fighters name but was horrified when he snapped his leg what a Warrior putting his arm up as he’s leaving on the stretcher hope he’s ok

Great news

The fighter was Chris weidman who broke his leg it was brutal... strangely Anderson Silva did the exact same leg break when he kicked Chris Weidman a few tears ago

By *r TenderMan  over a year ago

wallasey

"The fighter was Chris weidman who broke his leg it was brutal... strangely Anderson Silva did the exact same leg break when he kicked Chris Weidman a few tears ago"

Yes that’s the dude man was brutal but to see him with his arm in the air when leaving what a warrior , shit with names me

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Im not sure how I feel in regards to the virus, but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!

Cheltenham - open air - with crowds still early days of covid and it spread like a wildfire with local area outbreaks."

It was far more likely that spread came from the bars on the course and in the town after each day.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"but the thought of a full capacity venue with a proper atmosphere on april 24th sounds awesome to me!!"

It *is* awesome.

If you are virus that propagates by prolonged and close human contact.

Aided and abetted by the aerosolisation and spread of microdroplets through thousands of hot, sweaty humans chanting exuberantly at full volume next to each other.

Further assisted by the dubious bathroom habits of others smearing their covid-ridden germs all over the toilet doors and handles.

And given further impetus when the pre and after match alcohol flows freely and inhibitions and guards are let down.

For a virus that positively and absolutely relies on humans to spread itself, it is the most awesome news since this pandemic began.

And I have no doubt that for the disease modellers it will provide much needed information to work with as the guinea pigs dutifully line up for the experiment.

I just hope and pray that it doesn't end in an own goal. For either side.

Awesome news.

Herd immunity ROCKS

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 26/04/21 21:27:53]

Colchester

"Awesome news.

Herd immunity ROCKS "

Until you dig deeper and realise that the narrative on "herd immunity" is on decidedly shaky ground and looks more and more like a "soundbite" for the hard-of-thinking.

Source : www.nature.com

What’s happening in Brazil offers a cautionary tale. Research published in Science suggests that the slowdown of COVID-19 in the city of Manaus between May and October might have been attributable to herd-immunity effects (L. F. Buss et al. Science 371, 288–292; 2021).

The area had been severely hit by the disease, and immunologist Ester Sabino at the University of São Paulo, Brazil, and her colleagues calculated that more than 60% of the population had been infected by June 2020.

According to some estimates, that should have been enough to get the population to the herd-immunity threshold, but in January Manaus saw a huge resurgence in cases.

This spike happened after the emergence of a new variant known as P.1, which suggests that previous infections did not confer broad protection to the virus.

“In January, 100% of the cases in Manaus were caused by P.1,” Sabino says.

Scarpino suspects that the 60% figure might have been an overestimate. Even so, he says, “You still have resurgence in the face of a high level of immunity.”

This comment here : "In January, 100% of the cases in Manaus were caused by P.1" lends weight that novel variants can blow "herd-immunity" out of the water.

» Add a new message to this topic