FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > EU may block vaccine exports

EU may block vaccine exports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the EU are complaining that too much vaccine is leaving the EU without any coming in, and they may block exports as the AZ vaccine isn't coming in.

Am I missing something here? Aren't the EU suspending AZ vaccinations currently? What's the point of exporting it there if they aren't going to use the stuff?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"So the EU are complaining that too much vaccine is leaving the EU without any coming in, and they may block exports as the AZ vaccine isn't coming in.

Am I missing something here? Aren't the EU suspending AZ vaccinations currently? What's the point of exporting it there if they aren't going to use the stuff?"

Ah but they are about to re instate it so are not wanting quick service

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"So the EU are complaining that too much vaccine is leaving the EU without any coming in, and they may block exports as the AZ vaccine isn't coming in.

Am I missing something here? Aren't the EU suspending AZ vaccinations currently? What's the point of exporting it there if they aren't going to use the stuff?"

I wouldn't apply any common sense to what they are saying at the moment they are running round like headless chickens over this vaccine.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they hadn't left it up to the commission to order it centrally they wouldn't be in this position. The EU fucked up royally. Compare and contrast to UK outside of Europe....

Now they are panicking and clutching at every straw. Vaccines are produced by companies, not countries. They supply in the order that orders came in....simple. EU ordered late so they are at back of queue.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It is a strange one... But I think you probably have to also assume that the great British media are only telling part of the story. I mean it makes no sense for them on the one hand to be critical of the az vaccine, then macron says it is quasi ineffective, then suspend it's use, then not consume what stocks they already have of it... And then create a ruckus about it.... I imagine it's easier to throw darts at the nasty British than to admit to failing of collective agreements in this instance.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They are trying to cover up there total incompetance,the world will want to trade with the UK not Europe they are finished

Rule Britania Britania rules the vaccine we will never get found short again.

Maybe the scots will learn how lucky they are to be in the UK

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

With each passing day the EU shows the rest of the world why the U.K. was right to leave.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"With each passing day the EU shows the rest of the world why the U.K. was right to leave."

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"With each passing day the EU shows the rest of the world why the U.K. was right to leave.

"

I was against Brexit but have to agree

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"They are trying to cover up there total incompetance,the world will want to trade with the UK not Europe they are finished

Rule Britania Britania rules the vaccine we will never get found short again.

Maybe the scots will learn how lucky they are to be in the UK"

Just looking at the death rates across the whole world due to Covid-19 puts your post in the light it deserves.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I was thinking the same thing. All we have heard is how Britain is keeping all its vaccines produced, yet the EU don't want to even use it anyway.

I agree, the EU have made a monumental error in their approach to the vaccines and it will cost lives, now they are panicking and looking for a scapegoat, the evil British and Boris Johnson. Its easier to blame the pantomime villain.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

The problem for the European bureaucrats is that the UK has not collapsed since leaving the EU and in a crisis (the pandemic) despite more than a few stutters we do seem nearer the light at the end of the tunnel than other European nations.

The worry for the bureaucrats is that the ordinary people of other nations may realise that the bloated behemoth that the EU has become is not what was envisioned for the Common Market.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

EU leaders thought we would fall on our arse without them running OUR show.

Now they have realised we are better off without them and we have pissed all over them so are starting to find any excuse to pass on blame before all the other countries put their notice in to leave.

Well sorry EU, we CAN successfully get by on our own, we don't need you, and if anyone has noticed, the remainers have been very quiet lately too

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

This is fun. I really wished countries of the world united more often but having the UK demanding from the EU after leaving the relationship is hilarious!

"Vaccines are produced by companies, not countries. They supply in the order that orders came in....simple. EU ordered late so they are at back of queue."

Companies must follow the laws of the country they are in. If the EU puts allow that denies exports of vaccines nothing the company can do other than move to another country.

Tin town

"EU leaders thought we would fall on our arse without them running OUR show.

Now they have realised we are better off without them and we have pissed all over them so are starting to find any excuse to pass on blame before all the other countries put their notice in to leave.

Well sorry EU, we CAN successfully get by on our own, we don't need you, and if anyone has noticed, the remainers have been very quiet lately too "

Yeah I'd love for that to be true... But even I can't equate the EU making a hash of their vaccine response and on the face of it ours going better to a successful brexit policy... We've a very long way to run on both and brexit or not we will all be better off if we work with eachother than against. But.... That requires both sides to want to do that and eu are not sending many collaborative signals right now....I tend to agree it would suit the EU apparatchiks if we fell on our arse in the next decade. Let's hope we dont.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

This is fun. I really wished countries of the world united more often but having the UK demanding from the EU after leaving the relationship is hilarious!"

The uk is not demanding anything from the eu, it wants the companies that are contractually bound to fulfil the contracts nothing more.Its the eu putting its oar in where its not needed. lets see what the governments of the eu countries have to say on the matter, im guessing there will be some backtracking again from the eu when they have their say.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well sorry EU, we CAN successfully get by on our own, we don't need you, and if anyone has noticed, the remainers have been very quiet lately too "

I was against Brexit, and yes the UK has proved in the case of Covid vaccine/vaccination it is streets ahead of the EU. But lets not get carried away wholesale, standing alone successfully is a whole world away from what's happening with the vaccine/vaccination program.

Tin town

Well sorry EU, we CAN successfully get by on our own, we don't need you, and if anyone has noticed, the remainers have been very quiet lately too

I was against Brexit, and yes the UK has proved in the case of Covid vaccine/vaccination it is streets ahead of the EU. But lets not get carried away wholesale, standing alone successfully is a whole world away from what's happening with the vaccine/vaccination program."

I think it's just nice to stand up to the bullies once in a while. But agree it doesn't bode very well for ongoing trade agreements if between both sides they can't play nicely with life saving vaccines in the midst of the worse crisis in living memory... What chance of flogging our shellfish in the restaurants of maastricht...

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

The whole situation is a nightmare for the EU. The UK was supposed to be to weak on its own to survive let alone thrive

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

VDL said it, the individual countries were not so keen on the idea that they would need to aporove. How the hell VDL is still in a job god only knows. She is a doing a good job of wrecking the EU commission.

Tin town

"VDL said it, the individual countries were not so keen on the idea that they would need to aporove. How the hell VDL is still in a job god only knows. She is a doing a good job of wrecking the EU commission. "

She's certainly showing it in a poor light in this country, for all its perceived idiosyncrasies. I wonder what other countries think of her Jack boot diplomacy. It seems to be crystallising to the Franco German club.

» Add a new message to this topic