FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine supply issues.

Vaccine supply issues.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iddle Man OP   Man  over a year ago

Walsall

As we're hearing about the future supply issues and the rapid slow down of the vaccine program, most likely to impact those under 50,i wonder how it will effect the road map and the plans of those that its looking increasingly likely that will be without a vaccine for the summer.

With vaccine passports on the horizon, I'm sure sitting waiting patiently for your vaccine call will feel a lot longer if all you have to sit and watch others jollying it up.

Just when all was beginning to look a brighter, face palm

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It was foreseen and foreseeable. I'm fine with waiting and keeping my disease vector butt at home.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Lets see what happens

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Saying still on track to offer all adults first jab by end of July as planned. They said end of June a few days ago

Think end of the year really to see all adults have the required two. So anyone under 50 without under lieing issues will have a very poor worrying year again. If vaccine passports come in, limited to what they can do.

Really worried about the impending full removal of social distancing. We both work front line retail and the thought of customers getting in our faces is scary.

upton wirral

"Saying still on track to offer all adults first jab by end of July as planned. They said end of June a few days ago

Think end of the year really to see all adults have the required two. So anyone under 50 without under lieing issues will have a very poor worrying year again. If vaccine passports come in, limited to what they can do.

Really worried about the impending full removal of social distancing. We both work front line retail and the thought of customers getting in our faces is scary. "

I sympathise with you I think many will have problems adjusting when lock down ends me included.Hope to have had second jab by then

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Over half the adult population already had their first jab, but more importantly the vulnerable sector are as immune as they're going to ever be.

These were the people that were filling up the hospital beds, so realistically the nation can now get itself back on track again.

The mission was to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed which seems to be the case now.

leeds

"Saying still on track to offer all adults first jab by end of July as planned. They said end of June a few days ago

Really worried about the impending full removal of social distancing. We both work front line retail and the thought of customers getting in our faces is scary. I sympathise with you I think many will have problems adjusting when lock down ends me included.Hope to have had second jab by then"

Thankyou. As it stands we don't think we'll have even had our first shot before social distancing ends the way it's going.

By *rMrs84Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

Really worried about the impending full removal of social distancing. We both work front line retail and the thought of customers getting in our faces is scary. I sympathise with you I think many will have problems adjusting when lock down ends me included.Hope to have had second jab by then

Thankyou. As it stands we don't think we'll have even had our first shot before social distancing ends the way it's going. "

I thought the proposal for June was the removal of social restrictions not distancing. The difference being you can go see your friends etc but should be keeping a distance, potentially masked etc?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Really worried about the impending full removal of social distancing. We both work front line retail and the thought of customers getting in our faces is scary. I sympathise with you I think many will have problems adjusting when lock down ends me included.Hope to have had second jab by then

Thankyou. As it stands we don't think we'll have even had our first shot before social distancing ends the way it's going. "

Its grim, I worked part time while studying in a restaurant, worked same bar company for 16 years. Quit after eat out to help out. So much irresponsibility across the board (restaurants and customers). Then of course few weeks after quit, furlough again. Thankfully research grants keeping me going for the meantime

leeds

Thankyou. As it stands we don't think we'll have even had our first shot before social distancing ends the way it's going.

I thought the proposal for June was the removal of social restrictions not distancing. The difference being you can go see your friends etc but should be keeping a distance, potentially masked etc?"

Boris said end of all restrictions come the end of July.

By *rMrs84Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

I thought the proposal for June was the removal of social restrictions not distancing. The difference being you can go see your friends etc but should be keeping a distance, potentially masked etc?

Boris said end of all restrictions come the end of July. "

Fortunately you’re making the mistake of listening to Boris rather than the governments official plans.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary

End of legal restrictions. Social distancing etc aren’t legal restrictions so could potentially remain.

Manchester (she/her)

He also said "if".

leeds

Step 3 at the bottom.

Review of social distancing

Finally, before Step 4 begins, the government will complete a review of social distancing and other long-term measures that have been put in place to cut transmission. This will inform decisions on the timing and circumstances under which the rules on 1 metre plus, the wearing of face coverings and other measures may be lifted. This will also inform guidance on working from home – which should continue wherever possible until this review is complete.

We all know that this will happen. Since schools opened again it seems like everyone thinks the lockdown has ended.

I've had numerous calls and visits at work from people wanting to "have a look around." At the minute we're only open click and collect and for trade business.

Some even saying "you're OK I've had the vaccine." Hhmm but we haven't

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

I reckon it was always going to be hard to continue a large roll out of first vaccines unless large extra supplies or a 3rd vaccine was released due to the large rollout of the second doses that are now going to be due.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yeah... He didn't just say that though did he? Selective hearing or memory. Did he not say... If our review shows that cases remain low enough and so on? Its a little like people choosing to interpret the dates of the plan as actual dates rather than... No sooner than dates or target dates subject to successful review if progress.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We did well to ramp up vaccination and currently there appears a temporarily delay, so it's not catastrophic. The road map had earliest dates, so worst case would be a little pause but it's wise to have faith for now

leeds

Boris said end of all restrictions come the end of July.

Yeah... He didn't just say that though did he? Selective hearing or memory. Did he not say... If our review shows that cases remain low enough and so on? Its a little like people choosing to interpret the dates of the plan as actual dates rather than... No sooner than dates or target dates subject to successful review if progress. "

We all know that it's going to happen. As mentioned on the previous post. Most people see the lockdown as been over now. Out and about for non essential items, making unnecessary journeys and gathering in groups.

Clubs are planning their opening nights, people are planning their meet ups.

Those who have had the vaccine are now feeling invincible but putting other people in harms way from what we have witnessed first hand. With the view of "it's OK I've had my jab."

I'll bet my bottom dollar, come July all of the restrictions will be scrapped.

"We did well to ramp up vaccination and currently there appears a temporarily delay, so it's not catastrophic. The road map had earliest dates, so worst case would be a little pause but it's wise to have faith for now "

They probably announced this after the EU threatened to stop all exports of vaccines. Hopefully as a buffer, or a just in case they can't get the supplies they need. Hopefully they will manage to source supplies after all there are two facilities manufacturing it in the UK so hopefully they can meet demand for the UK..maybe if the EU are blocking exports maybe we as the people should take reciprocal action and not buy anything from the EU...Afterall the UK ordered before the dithering EU so should be supplied first shouldn't they..or at least in tandem with the EU..

Really worried about the impending full removal of social distancing. We both work front line retail and the thought of customers getting in our faces is scary. "

I know how you feel. I work frontline aswell and contracted it at Christmas. I thought I had a cold until the sore head kicked in. Thankfully I've received my first jab as I work in a vaccinations centre at weekends. it's quite an eye opener. On the first day they had an 80% turn out for vaccinations and the 2nd 94%. My question is why not 100%

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I am guessing that the possible shortages might cut this out, but there have been posts about being able to book & be on end of day waiting lists for surplus vaccines at short notice, that may be worth exploring to at least allay some worry..I hope you can get something sorted.

I believe the delay is one coming from India but we will still get the vaccines so still looks good to vaccinate all adults by 31 July

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

The government are saying they are still on track for the vaccine rollout as advertised (everyone over 50 being offered the vaccine by mid April and every adult by late July) so it probably won't have any significant effect on the lockdown road map.

By far the overwhelming deciding factor will be the rates of hospital admissions generated by each stage of the lockdown roadmap being initiated (followed by infection rates) and as the vaccine slow down will mainly effect those that don't get hospitalised by Covid then ithe slow down is unlikely to make much difference.

There will be someone doing a study somewhere that will say "actually you lot under 50 probably really dont Neeed a vaccine after all, aren't you lucky, think of all the money we will save! Oh hey, Look over there, Quick, the pubs are open" And then run off and hide in a cupboard. (not cynical much)

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"There will be someone doing a study somewhere that will say "actually you lot under 50 probably really dont Neeed a vaccine after all, aren't you lucky, think of all the money we will save! Oh hey, Look over there, Quick, the pubs are open" And then run off and hide in a cupboard. :

-D (not cynical much) "

The cupboards will be full of the Stasi Met Police, eavesdropping.

Tin town

I am guessing that the possible shortages might cut this out, but there have been posts about being able to book & be on end of day waiting lists for surplus vaccines at short notice, that may be worth exploring to at least allay some worry..I hope you can get something sorted."

I wonder if this is a bit of mind fuckery...like the great andrex shortage in the summer of 20... There's nothing like a scare of the great brits not being able to get exactly what they want when they want it to have us queueing round the block to buy industrial quantities of arse paper....i wonder if a scare shortage story on the vaccine will have us queueing outside Lloyd's chemist's for a little prick.

Tin town

"There will be someone doing a study somewhere that will say "actually you lot under 50 probably really dont Neeed a vaccine after all, aren't you lucky, think of all the money we will save! Oh hey, Look over there, Quick, the pubs are open" And then run off and hide in a cupboard. (not cynical much) "

After all, The pubs being open is the answer to all our problems.. If the vaccine doesn't cure us... 15 pints of strong continental lager and a large doner should fix us right up.

Manchester (she/her)

"There will be someone doing a study somewhere that will say "actually you lot under 50 probably really dont Neeed a vaccine after all, aren't you lucky, think of all the money we will save! Oh hey, Look over there, Quick, the pubs are open" And then run off and hide in a cupboard. (not cynical much)

After all, The pubs being open is the answer to all our problems.. If the vaccine doesn't cure us... 15 pints of strong continental lager and a large doner should fix us right up. "

"There will be someone doing a study somewhere that will say "actually you lot under 50 probably really dont Neeed a vaccine after all, aren't you lucky, think of all the money we will save! Oh hey, Look over there, Quick, the pubs are open" And then run off and hide in a cupboard. (not cynical much)

After all, The pubs being open is the answer to all our problems.. If the vaccine doesn't cure us... 15 pints of strong continental lager and a large doner should fix us right up. "

Licking my lips now

Tin town

After all, The pubs being open is the answer to all our problems.. If the vaccine doesn't cure us... 15 pints of strong continental lager and a large doner should fix us right up.

Licking my lips now "

Sung to the tune of... I think we're alone now...

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Licking my lips now

Sung to the tune of... I think we're alone now... "

Not if the EU limit exports of lager...

Tin town

Licking my lips now

Sung to the tune of... I think we're alone now...

Not if the EU limit exports of lager..."

We'll be fine so long as they don't limit our loo roll... I suppose we could always reuse face masks...

Tin town

So the UK vaccine delivery is slowed because India are not shipping to us.. The EU vaccine delivery is slowed down because the UK isn't shipping to the EU and the EU are delivering vaccines to India... Go figure...

By *iddle Man OP   Man  over a year ago

Walsall

It's fine to say under 50s probably don't need it, but what if with these vaccine passports we are left requiring it to get back to some kind of normality?

Lockdown and restrictions have been hard enough without having to sit and wait around and watch the rest of the UK roll on with life.

The way this pandemic has gone I won't be betting on getting a second jab until the new year

Tin town

"It's fine to say under 50s probably don't need it, but what if with these vaccine passports we are left requiring it to get back to some kind of normality?

Lockdown and restrictions have been hard enough without having to sit and wait around and watch the rest of the UK roll on with life.

The way this pandemic has gone I won't be betting on getting a second jab until the new year "

The problem with these threads is someone who doesn't know any of the details or even if it will happen of when is debating with someone else who doesn't know if it will happen or any of the details if it will happen and when and to what it may apply and not apply..

"It's fine to say under 50s probably don't need it, but what if with these vaccine passports we are left requiring it to get back to some kind of normality?

The way this pandemic has gone I won't be betting on getting a second jab until the new year "

its all if buts and maybes just now

realistically vaccine passports can only come into play if everyone is offered the opportunity to have the vaccine, if they decide under 50s don’t need it then it’s effectively been decided vaccine passports are not required because we no longer believe 100% of population need to be vaccinated for safety , so why would we need 100% of attendees at an event or travelling to be vaccinated

but the passports are still a maybe and the decision on under 50s is still a maybe - one doesn’t work without the other sure but no point panicking until at least one of them has been firmed up

upton wirral

The way this pandemic has gone I won't be betting on getting a second jab until the new year

The problem with these threads is someone who doesn't know any of the details or even if it will happen of when is debating with someone else who doesn't know if it will happen or any of the details if it will happen and when and to what it may apply and not apply.. "

All aboard the scare mongering Bus.

Got mine tomorrow afternoon, second on 4th June. Being clinically vulnerable, I will finally be able to get out the house!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"Got mine tomorrow afternoon, second on 4th June. Being clinically vulnerable, I will finally be able to get out the house!!!"

Brilliant

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The supply of vaccine is a very complicated business.

One of the world's biggest vaccine producers is the Serum Institute of India (SII), which has been contracted to make the AZ vaccine, both for the Indian domestic market and for export.

As with all vaccine producers, they are under pressure to supply their domestic market. The Indian Goverment is doing exactly that.

They also had a fire a few weeks ago, which sadly killed five workers. Whilst this was in a building currently under construction, it must have held production up for a short while.

However you'd be surprised by the real culprit. The USA is being somewhat slow and tight, in fulfilling orders by SII for raw materials and other supplies needed for production. SII have now asked the Indian Goverment to intervene. Despite the rhetoric, vaccine nationalism is very prevalent.

The UK is not alone on being asked by SII to wait a short while. Nepal has also had a large order held up.

For those interested, there was a good interview with SII owner, Adar Poonawalla on the BBC Hardtalk programme this week. He came over as a very sincere and likeable man.

» Add a new message to this topic