FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Didn’t take long

Didn’t take long

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Two of my grandchildren have there classes sent home to isolate.. where a child from there class has covid ....it didn’t take very long to start again ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's why they are testing. To catch it early and stop the spread.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Two of my grandchildren have there classes sent home to isolate.. where a child from there class has covid ....it didn’t take very long to start again .. "

Confirmed or suspected?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Testing twice a week isn’t It’s going to stop this happening, it’s something we just have to live with. I’d rather they be testing than not.

"Two of my grandchildren have there classes sent home to isolate.. where a child from there class has covid ....it didn’t take very long to start again .. "

What starting again?

Umm, ONS survey suggests rate of decrease of cases are slowing down and possibly increasing in Scotland

"That's why they are testing. To catch it early and stop the spread. "

Given it can take 3 days to show up on a test...probably too late?

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"Umm, ONS survey suggests rate of decrease of cases are slowing down and possibly increasing in Scotland"

That’s inevitable at every stage of lifting lockdown.

Kids back to school + parents back to working in the office/travelling on public transport = increase in cases.

That’s why each stage is spread out so that the surges don’t all happen at once and overwhelm everything.

"Umm, ONS survey suggests rate of decrease of cases are slowing down and possibly increasing in Scotland

That’s inevitable at every stage of lifting lockdown.

Kids back to school + parents back to working in the office/travelling on public transport = increase in cases.

That’s why each stage is spread out so that the surges don’t all happen at once and overwhelm everything. "

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Had a few cases at our school to. From next week they will be testing at home every 4 days. I guess a lot of families won't bother

On a mooch

"Had a few cases at our school to. From next week they will be testing at home every 4 days. I guess a lot of families won't bother "

100% clear so far. Our home testing started yesterday and so far, 90% of children did it at home that did it at school. Tested every Monday and Thursday

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Mine are primary I’m a primary teacher .... we don’t test the kids but adults and teachers are tested. I think Easter holidays is the perfect time this time ..... give the vaccinations another few weeks to kick in.

Just all a bit of a balance isn’t it ... I think cases are slightly up across the UK but not as much as last September two weeks after they went back so fingers crossed!!

What do you want ? A permanent lockdown or for us to try and live with this virus? It will be with us for years and years but we will get more used to how to deal with it , life has to go on

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We have had a couple of positive tests at our school, the result being around a dozen kids and one member of staff are isolated. None of those isolated have tested positive though, so the process seems to be working.

Friend that works in a school went in 2 days before children tested positive and having to be sent home to isolate mine are in primary so only the teachers testing and most move around for lessons not any social distancing going on at drop off and pick up the school is not following there own risk assessment most of the windows shut it's only a matter of time

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Our daughter has been in school all through us been key workers.

The Friday before the school reopening her bubble was forced to isolate after a positive case.

The following Monday reception had to isolate due to a positive case there too.

Last Sunday we got a message saying that another had tested positive also from this group.

Prior to this the school had only one case that we know of.

The school is trying it's hardest but we see parents mixing with others, gangs of kids on the streets.

It's not hard to see why the infection is still spreading.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I thought children had a 0.00 percent chance of contracting the disease

On a mooch

"Two of my grandchildren have there classes sent home to isolate.. where a child from there class has covid ....it didn’t take very long to start again ..

I thought children had a 0.00 percent chance of contracting the disease "

They are less likely to suffer serious effects, but they can still catch it. The virus doesn’t have a over 16 only option

On a mooch

Question those that have children, are you also conducting the lft on yourself / household or just your kids ?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Our daughter has been in school all through us been key workers.

The Friday before the school reopening her bubble was forced to isolate after a positive case.

The following Monday reception had to isolate due to a positive case there too.

Last Sunday we got a message saying that another had tested positive also from this group.

Prior to this the school had only one case that we know of.

The school is trying it's hardest but we see parents mixing with others, gangs of kids on the streets.

It's not hard to see why the infection is still spreading.

"

yes my grandchildren have been in school all the time as daughters a teacher . first time for them to isolate.. only back to full classes for a week ..

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"Two of my grandchildren have there classes sent home to isolate.. where a child from there class has covid ....it didn’t take very long to start again ..

You can't be serious?!

leeds

Well it's happened again.

Only been back 1 week after a previous 10 days isolation.

Just had an email from the school telling us to isolate our little one for another 10 days.

A child in the class has tested positive.

This month is going to be a struggle, 20 days with no pay.

We're at our wits end with this

South

"Question those that have children, are you also conducting the lft on yourself / household or just your kids ? "

My kids are primary so it’s only for the adults as a teacher I test twice a week too

South

I’m assuming this is a joke

On a mooch

"Question those that have children, are you also conducting the lft on yourself / household or just your kids ?

My kids are primary so it’s only for the adults as a teacher I test twice a week too "

As a teacher I’d expect that. It’s more those that don’t work at a school but are in a household with a school kid, is what I’m curious about.

leeds

"Question those that have children, are you also conducting the lft on yourself / household or just your kids ?

My kids are primary so it’s only for the adults as a teacher I test twice a week too

As a teacher I’d expect that. It’s more those that don’t work at a school but are in a household with a school kid, is what I’m curious about. "

We're not testing.

Can't say we even know where to get tests, how much it would cost us or if we could even afford to buy them.

From what we've read high school testing isn't a great system anyway.

Apparently if they test positive at home, they need to get a full test. Even if this comes back negative the child still can't go back to school.

You'd be better of saying you've not taken the home test just showing symptoms.

Get a full test, if it comes back clear go back to school.

On a mooch

As a teacher I’d expect that. It’s more those that don’t work at a school but are in a household with a school kid, is what I’m curious about.

We're not testing.

Can't say we even know where to get tests, how much it would cost us or if we could even afford to buy them.

Apparently if they test positive at home, they need to get a full test. Even if this comes back negative the child still can't go back to school.

Get a full test, if it comes back clear go back to school. "

The tests cost you nothing, they are free. They can either be posted or you can collect them from your testing site for all in your household.

Yes if you test positive with lft you need to take a pcr to confirm. If that’s negative you go back to school.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We're not testing.

Get a full test, if it comes back clear go back to school. "

You're allowed to collect 28 tests if the centre you go to have them available. You can Google where your nearest testing centre is and just turn up and get some, that's how it works here.

We are all going to do a test Sunday and Thursday evenings.

leeds

Just been looking, we can order 7 per day online.

On a mooch

"Just been looking, we can order 7 per day online.

"

Or you can collect, they’ll give you a box of 7 per person in the house

Put your postcode here and find your nearest centre.

https://find-covid-19-rapid-test-sites.maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/

On a mooch

We're not testing.

Get a full test, if it comes back clear go back to school.

You're allowed to collect 28 tests if the centre you go to have them available. You can Google where your nearest testing centre is and just turn up and get some, that's how it works here.

We are all going to do a test Sunday and Thursday evenings. "

I do mine Wednesday and Saturday and the lad does his Monday & Thursday, covers us every other day

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

8th March 4 young people at the bus stop, all with masks down and chatting.

15th March 1 young person at the bus stop

18th March no young people at the bus stop.

All in high school.....

By *oistknickersCouple  over a year ago

London

We can’t stay in our caves forever, children are being tested regularly, from the sacking of Cummings I think the Government has done much better.

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

Sid it, might as well just stay locked down forever then

» Add a new message to this topic