FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Today there are demonstrations against lockdowns.

Today there are demonstrations against lockdowns.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Today there will be demonstrations throughout europe including britain against lockdowns. I can understand why they do it but in these times it might not be so good, what do you think of it?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been going on for months mate....

"Been going on for months mate...."
Yes it have pal, have it been done with lots of countries together at the same time?

Not a clue....should pepper spray the lot of them

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Not a clue....should pepper spray the lot of them"

No spray them yellow so you can avoyed them in Tesco or where ever you shop.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

make them pay more tax to help towards there hospital stay

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Water cannons and show it on TV it would be a great moral booster for those on the front line

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We should have the right to demonstrate but at present, they should only do this safely, like Black Lives Matter were generally safer.

It seems to have limited value when we are relaxing already.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Good for them standing up for what they believe in.

By *-spotterMan  over a year ago

London

There does seem to be some mission creep going on here in the UK. Demonstrations were permitted during Lockdown1. By Lockdown3 these were no longer permitted. The government is currently passing legislation to further restrict demonstration beyond emergency pandemic rules on a permanent basis.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The Dutch were water cannoning them last week mate you are way behind the times.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

I’m starting to see the tide turning, albeit about 11 months too late. Months ago I said lockdown would be this government’s Poll Tax moment

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

We live in a democracy, people have the right to have their voices heard.

I just hope they do it safely and without violence occurring.

By *mbisextrousCouple  over a year ago

Manchester/Glossop

"We should have the right to demonstrate but at present, they should only do this safely, like Black Lives Matter were generally safer.

It seems to have limited value when we are relaxing already. "

There was riots in London and around the country on BLM protests be it not all there fault not really safe ..?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"We live in a democracy, people have the right to have their voices heard.

I just hope they do it safely and without violence occurring."

Agreed but people who are fundamentally opposed to the lockdown as a means of reducing numbers of infected and deaths more than likely think the virus is not real etc etc..

They won't abide by any regulations or laws in place currently and most will probably want it to kick off as it suits their agenda..

Manchester/Glossop

"I’m starting to see the tide turning, albeit about 11 months too late. Months ago I said lockdown would be this government’s Poll Tax moment"

Unfortunately mate love then or hate them latest polls saying conservatives back in front my a mile again, because of the vaccine roll out

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Support to every one who is marching throughout the world and standing up to this tyranny .... I’m off to Manchester ....

Manchester/Glossop

Agreed but people who are fundamentally opposed to the lockdown as a means of reducing numbers of infected and deaths more than likely think the virus is not real etc etc..

They won't abide by any regulations or laws in place currently and most will probably want it to kick off as it suits their agenda.."

Totally agree it’s not saying you can’t because we don’t want you too it’s because mass gathering aren’t going to help, if that was the case am sure I could go back to watching football again safely but at the moment I can’t

in Lancashire

"I’m starting to see the tide turning, albeit about 11 months too late. Months ago I said lockdown would be this government’s Poll Tax moment"

Politically no it's not, if your talking about the way they've handled the whole thing whilst I've aired my own points of view on what they got wrong and others have also the vaccination programme has been a great success this far and on the back of that the vast majority are only wanting some sort of normal so this pandemic etc is not the same in my opinion..

It will be part of how people cast their vote next time out but it's not comparable with the complete mess that was the poll tax, there won't be a massive change in policy as there was with that..

in Lancashire

They won't abide by any regulations or laws in place currently and most will probably want it to kick off as it suits their agenda..

Totally agree it’s not saying you can’t because we don’t want you too it’s because mass gathering aren’t going to help, if that was the case am sure I could go back to watching football again safely but at the moment I can’t "

I think even next season there won't be full stadiums, it's taken the government till this lockdown to learn the mistakes it made in the first two and in between so I think caution will hold sway..

Same, not sure, we will see what will happen today as well.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

They won't abide by any regulations or laws in place currently and most will probably want it to kick off as it suits their agenda.."

Totally agree

Using this particular issue to try and further disrupt the government, next year they will jump on another bandwagon.

couple, us we him her.

"Support to every one who is marching throughout the world and standing up to this tyranny .... I’m off to Manchester .... "
tyranny ooh do behave, what tyranny is that then?

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Good for them standing up for what they believe in."

But at the expense of other people’s health is unacceptable. Police need to break it up if social distancing isn’t being observed.

"Not a clue....should pepper spray the lot of them

No spray them yellow so you can avoyed them in Tesco or where ever you shop."

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Support to every one who is marching throughout the world and standing up to this tyranny .... I’m off to Manchester .... "

Surely, the fact that you can go to Manchester and March with like minded people in a protest against government policy , is a perfect example of not being under the control of a tyrannical regime.

People who are living under a genuine tyranny don’t get the chance too express it.

No?

"Support to every one who is marching throughout the world and standing up to this tyranny .... I’m off to Manchester ....

Surely, the fact that you can go to Manchester and March with like minded people in a protest against government policy , is a perfect example of not being under the control of a tyrannical regime.

People who are living under a genuine tyranny don’t get the chance too express it.

No?"

You're far too sensible for these forums

in Lancashire

Totally agree

Using this particular issue to try and further disrupt the government, next year they will jump on another bandwagon."

The 'rent a mob', turn up at any thing they can attach to for a kick off with the authorities..

in Lancashire

"Support to every one who is marching throughout the world and standing up to this tyranny .... I’m off to Manchester ....

No?"

couple, us we him her.

No?"

100% agree but good luck trying to convince them otherwise.

NW London

Totally agree

Using this particular issue to try and further disrupt the government, next year they will jump on another bandwagon.

The 'rent a mob', turn up at any thing they can attach to for a kick off with the authorities..

"

And that's a shame because there are numerous people with a valid reason to question the use of Lockdown and it's q shame that their voices are being drowned out by the rent-a-mob

Totally agree

"

People will not tolerate lockdown for much longer the biggest issue will come if we get another wave and they try it again. To be honest this lock down never felt like it was being taken seriously so many people about and lots more cars on the road than the earlier ones

Bravo well done its about time people realised this is more than virus

in Lancashire

"Good for them standing up for what they believe in.

Bravo well done its about time people realised this is more than virus "

Yeah, it's exposed fundamental flaws in basic education in topics such as science..

any mass gathering atm is madness, they will so come crying when they need health car, some people have no responsability

couple, us we him her.

Bravo well done its about time people realised this is more than virus "

Go in then give us a full and complete explanation in your own words from your own brain not copy and pasted to back up your statement please.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

That's bright of the protesters, at least in the UK. There's a road map in place to lift all lockdowns as long as each stage works. Mass gatherings could well cause a rise in cases thereby delaying the plan. I can only assume the protesters actually want lockdowns to continue and this is a cover....sneaky.

near ipswich

"That's bright of the protesters, at least in the UK. There's a road map in place to lift all lockdowns as long as each stage works. Mass gatherings could well cause a rise in cases thereby delaying the plan. I can only assume the protesters actually want lockdowns to continue and this is a cover....sneaky. "
Exactly, christ knows what they would do if in lockdowns like some in Europe, a night time curfew, needing a bit of paper to step outside your door they do not know how relaxed the uk ones have been.

Manchester/Glossop

Totally agree it’s not saying you can’t because we don’t want you too it’s because mass gathering aren’t going to help, if that was the case am sure I could go back to watching football again safely but at the moment I can’t

I think even next season there won't be full stadiums, it's taken the government till this lockdown to learn the mistakes it made in the first two and in between so I think caution will hold sway.."

I think you right and if we rush things we will be back to square one July-September springs to mind thought we’d seen the back of it the boom

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

I 100% support their right to protest.

I also 100% believe that every single one of them is a moron.

near ipswich

"I 100% support their right to protest.

I also 100% believe that every single one of them is a moron."

I totally agree with you 100% under the current circumstances.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I just hope they do it safely and without violence occurring."

It is the police that turn a peaceful protest into a violent protest Have a look at Çlapham Common last Saturday 13 March.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No?"

Shush with your logic

Manchester/Glossop

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 10:50:03]

Manchester/Glossop

It is the police that turn a peaceful protest into a violent protest Have a look at Çlapham Common last Saturday 13 March. "

Don’t talk bollocks did they spit in there own face, hit themselves in the face, smash there own cars and vans up shouldn’t have been there under these circumstances it showed no respect for the poor woman and her family who told them to stay away never mind the police

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Mass gatherings with no social distancing is a great way to spread COVID and plunge us into another lockdown!

Unfortunately the police are then forced into having to take action and are then portrayed as the bad guys.

Latest week at Clapham common was a good example people hijacked a peaceful vigil that had been going on all day with minimal police involvement by turning up with ACAB signs, spray cans etc they started chanting, shouting and attacking police and then acted all confused and hurt when police did their job!

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

It is the police that turn a peaceful protest into a violent protest Have a look at Çlapham Common last Saturday 13 March.

Don’t talk bollocks did they spit in there own face, hit themselves in the face, smash there own cars and vans up shouldn’t have been there under these circumstances it showed no respect for the poor woman and her family who told them to stay away never mind the police "

Well said! They protested against violence towards women then assaulted female police officers?!

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

It's ridiculous. Throwing toys out their prams because they don't like having rules.

It's a pandemic people.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's ridiculous. Throwing toys out their prams because they don't like having rules.

It's a pandemic people.

"

I'm treating them like any other toddler having a tantrum.

I'll step over them and get on with being an adult.

Basingstoke

"It's ridiculous. Throwing toys out their prams because they don't like having rules.

It's a pandemic people.

I'm treating them like any other toddler having a tantrum.

I'll step over them and get on with being an adult."

NW London

Even the ones who are there because they face losing their businesses that they have worked so hard to build up or losing their homes that they live in or their entire lifes work and savings?

Paris is evacuating before deadline. Let's spread it around the country and close the whole place down and increase the mortality rate. The point of lock down is void as it was for London.

Lockdowns to be effective like that need to be instantaneous.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Today there will be demonstrations throughout europe including britain against lockdowns. I can understand why they do it but in these times it might not be so good, what do you think of it?"
Not good an understatement I think

It's coming ....

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"We should have the right to demonstrate but at present, they should only do this safely, like Black Lives Matter were generally safer.

"

Why were the BLM protests safer?

Even the ones who are there because they face losing their businesses that they have worked so hard to build up or losing their homes that they live in or their entire lifes work and savings?"

At the moment everyone is still in the virus, once we start to come out of that and see the other consequences, the hyper inflation, mortgage interest rates flying up, businesses closing down en mass, job losses, taxes sky high to pay off furlough and the handouts given. People will see the other side then. But atleast we will have all the extra hospitals they built that they have been repurposing all year. It's too early for people to think beyond the virus yet.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Today there will be demonstrations throughout europe including britain against lockdowns. I can understand why they do it but in these times it might not be so good, what do you think of it?"

They should stay at home

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

"Even the ones who are there because they face losing their businesses that they have worked so hard to build up or losing their homes that they live in or their entire lifes work and savings?"

Yes. We're in the middle of a global pandemic.

I have every sympathy with people who have lost their jobs/business/savings; it fucking sucks. It's been a horrible year and many, many people have lost so much.

But rocking up with 100s of conspiracy theorists, led by Piers Guevara, and potentially spreading COVID, which could result in a potentially prolonging lockdown is not a smart move. The government have outlined when lockdown will end (and specified that it won't end earlier) so it all seems a bit pointless.

Manchester (she/her)

"Even the ones who are there because they face losing their businesses that they have worked so hard to build up or losing their homes that they live in or their entire lifes work and savings?

Yes. We're in the middle of a global pandemic.

I have every sympathy with people who have lost their jobs/business/savings; it fucking sucks. It's been a horrible year and many, many people have lost so much.

But rocking up with 100s of conspiracy theorists, led by Piers Guevara, and potentially spreading COVID, which could result in a potentially prolonging lockdown is not a smart move. The government have outlined when lockdown will end (and specified that it won't end earlier) so it all seems a bit pointless."

Yup.

The virus doesn't give a shit. It will still ravage.

Yes things will be hard afterwards, duh, but stopping the protection early will lead to greater catastrophe, as we've seen in our own country already. Then we have to clean it up - which will make the economic fallout later worse.

I also wonder whether these brave, noble tyranny fighters know or care about the pending legislation that may criminalise protest. Police, Crime, Sentencing, and Courts Bill - the coverage on the Law and Policy Blog is excellent.

Sussex

Yes and putting water cannons on them and showing it on prime time TV will show them up for how ridiculous they are ......

It's mostly the great unwashed demonstrating because they have little else to occupy themselves in their tiny lives

liverpool

Yes and putting water cannons on them and showing it on prime time TV will show them up for how ridiculous they are ......

It's mostly the great unwashed demonstrating because they have little else to occupy themselves in their tiny lives "

No matter what your viewpoint is you should always be free to protest. The fact that you are happy to use violence against peaceful protestors and laugh at it, in a supposedly democratic society says a lot about you.

Manchester (she/her)

It's mostly the great unwashed demonstrating because they have little else to occupy themselves in their tiny lives

No matter what your viewpoint is you should always be free to protest. The fact that you are happy to use violence against peaceful protestors and laugh at it, in a supposedly democratic society says a lot about you. "

So people are free to say what they like except when it's thinking other people's views are ridiculous?

(I don't agree with violence against protesters. I realise it may be necessary in some circumstances but I don't take pleasure in it)

in Lancashire

It's mostly the great unwashed demonstrating because they have little else to occupy themselves in their tiny lives "

Not sure that wanting the types of reaction that your talking about is what anyone actually wants..

We are not Myanmar or Russia..

It's a tricky one given the current situation but fundamental to a liberal, free and functioning open democracy which we are meant to be is the right to protest..

Be careful what you might wish upon the heads of others..

Manchester (she/her)

Not sure that wanting the types of reaction that your talking about is what anyone actually wants..

It's a tricky one given the current situation but fundamental to a liberal, free and functioning open democracy which we are meant to be is the right to protest..

"

Yes.

I think the protests are ridiculous but they have a right.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Why were the BLM protests safer?"

Because most of those across the country were socially distance and they all wore masks.

They actually in most placed had a peaceful protest without violence and mob mentality.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Even the ones who are there because they face losing their businesses that they have worked so hard to build up or losing their homes that they live in or their entire lifes work and savings?"

Yes because this action could make the situation worse.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Have any spikes in covid been connected with outdoor events?

Sussex

No matter what your viewpoint is you should always be free to protest. The fact that you are happy to use violence against peaceful protestors and laugh at it, in a supposedly democratic society says a lot about you. "

Of course they are free to protest .... Just get rather wet doing it

Manchester (she/her)

"Have any spikes in covid been connected with outdoor events? "

I know re the US BLM protests, no spikes linked. And in general the risk of outdoor transmission is much lower (but not nil).

Or, I don't know, but here's some related stuff I do know.

Sussex

"

Just best not to do it in the situation atm.....we cannot be totally free atm unfortunately

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Shoreham

No violence but I do think the water cannons are a great idea as it will be great entertainment to see on TV and humiliating for the silly people and also it solves the unwashed problem too lol

Shoreham

No matter what your viewpoint is you should always be free to protest. The fact that you are happy to use violence against peaceful protestors and laugh at it, in a supposedly democratic society says a lot about you.

No violence but I do think the water cannons are a great idea as it will be great entertainment to see on TV and humiliating for the silly people and also it solves the unwashed problem too lol"

That said if the water cannons did not work then maybe rubber bullets ?

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

No violence but I do think the water cannons are a great idea as it will be great entertainment to see on TV and humiliating for the silly people and also it solves the unwashed problem too lol"

I was at a Sarah Everard demo last week and regretted going there was mostly the "Serial type protesters" out to cause trouble and deliberately antagonizing the police . I walked away in disgust.

To avoid violence Water cannon them please x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Have any spikes in covid been connected with outdoor events?

I know re the US BLM protests, no spikes linked. And in general the risk of outdoor transmission is much lower (but not nil).

Or, I don't know, but here's some related stuff I do know."

I wonder what are the risks long term of giving up some of our lower risk freedoms.

Unwashed? Did I miss something What a bizarre comment.

liverpool

Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?

Shoreham

No violence but I do think the water cannons are a great idea as it will be great entertainment to see on TV and humiliating for the silly people and also it solves the unwashed problem too lol

Unwashed? Did I miss something What a bizarre comment. "

Yes I think we recognise the types, the same low lives protesting against all and sundry .

Commonly called the great unwashed of our society.

liverpool

Yes I think we recognise the types, the same low lives protesting against all and sundry .

Commonly called the great unwashed of our society."

How dare they protest in a free democratic society! Shoot them, it will be fun to watch he said

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?"
. They are behaving in a way some people disapprove of, therefore extreme measures are justified it would seem. That's OK until your own behaviour, that previously was acceptable to the powers that be, suddenly becomes unacceptable and you find yourself on the wrong end of the water cannon.

Just going to leave this here, make of it what you will:

The dictionary definition of a bigot is this:

noun. a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Shoreham

"Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?"

If the laws and rules are stuck to and the correct distancing takes place fine. But the laws are being floated and their is a mob mentality that we saw when the same idiots starting ruining our great national statues and monuments

Shoreham

"Just going to leave this here, make of it what you will:

The dictionary definition of a bigot is this:

noun. a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion."

Laws play a part too.... some people obey laws and others dont. Let them face the consequences

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I would lock all of the buggers up.

Brighton

Commonly called the great unwashed of our society.

How dare they protest in a free democratic society! Shoot them, it will be fun to watch he said "

Look upon it as washing them rather than shooting lol

Brighton

Maybe inject them while they are gathered?

Manchester (she/her)

I wonder what are the risks long term of giving up some of our lower risk freedoms. "

Perhaps. These risks are ongoing, but people are focused on Covid restrictions rather than the potential to criminalise protest going through Parliament at the moment, or the demonisation of the judiciary (despite independent review finding no issue with judicial review).

I think Covid restrictions are a useful distraction from issues which we should be more worried about.

Manchester (she/her)

"Maybe inject them while they are gathered? "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wonder what are the risks long term of giving up some of our lower risk freedoms.

Perhaps. These risks are ongoing, but people are focused on Covid restrictions rather than the potential to criminalise protest going through Parliament at the moment, or the demonisation of the judiciary (despite independent review finding no issue with judicial review).

I think Covid restrictions are a useful distraction from issues which we should be more worried about."

I agree. The cynical way in which the bill was presented is a worry to me.

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know, and rubber bullets can blind people

I dislike normalising violence against non violent dissent.

I think these people are morons of the highest order, but they have a right to protest.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"make them pay more tax to help towards there hospital stay"

Interesting suggestion. Given there's pretty much no risk to any healthy person under the age of 35, maybe you are on to something.

Perhaps contributions should be based on risk i. e. the older you are the more you should pay.

Sone of the sweeping generalisations on here do make us realise how single minded some people are.

Let's just keep lock down going for ever. After all its not us oldies who are going to pay for the mess we are in with higher government borrowing than we've ever had...period.

Bit ironic it's all happened under a Tory government. Can you imagine what the tories would have been saying about unlimited government spending had it been Labour in power and the tories in opposition.

Manchester (she/her)

"make them pay more tax to help towards there hospital stay

Interesting suggestion. Given there's pretty much no risk to any healthy person under the age of 35, maybe you are on to something.

Perhaps contributions should be based on risk i. e. the older you are the more you should pay.

Sone of the sweeping generalisations on here do make us realise how single minded some people are.

Let's just keep lock down going for ever. After all its not us oldies who are going to pay for the mess we are in with higher government borrowing than we've ever had...period.

Bit ironic it's all happened under a Tory government. Can you imagine what the tories would have been saying about unlimited government spending had it been Labour in power and the tories in opposition.

"

I'm glad it's happened under Tories. It makes the notion that this is some conspiracy a special kind of nonsense.

Yes, the Tories love throwing money at poor people

By *ickerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Why were the BLM protests safer?"

I would like to know that as well.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I'm guessing for essential something don't know if protesting is essential. Hope they fine all those that have travelled to protests.

Shoreham

I would like to know that as well. "

They were no safer !

Manchester (she/her)

I would like to know that as well. "

Masking will help if they did.

People who think restrictions are unnecessary are less likely to mask. Perhaps. Plus the tangential information I noted above

Shoreham

"make them pay more tax to help towards there hospital stay

"

That's the I'm alright attitude that has caused a lot of problems. Yes I am ok but no thought about passing it on the your granny .

Maybe the paint or dye idea was better as at least we can spot them to avoid them later

They were no safer !"

I never really understood what the black lives matter protesters were actually protesting for? What did they want? and did the protests help them get it?

Manchester (she/her)

They were no safer ! I never really understood what the black lives matter protesters were actually protesting for? What did they want? and did the protests help them get it?"

It's a contentious topic here, but much has been written about it if you'd like to look it up.

I'd have been there, but, pandemic.

Shoreham

They were no safer ! I never really understood what the black lives matter protesters were actually protesting for? What did they want? and did the protests help them get it?"

It brought attention to those of us that believed in that anyway but entrenched positions of those that didn't.

So NO

By *ickerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I remember most people were following the rules. Then something happened to a horrible piece of shit in America. Next thing we have got protests and old statues being dragged down. I didn't think they were safe at all.

liverpool

"Maybe the paint or dye idea was better as at least we can spot them to avoid them later "

Yikes. They do say history repeats itself.

Chelmsford

"Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?

I don't know, and rubber bullets can blind people

I dislike normalising violence against non violent dissent.

I think these people are morons of the highest order, but they have a right to protest."

They have a right to lawfully protest...

"Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?. They are behaving in a way some people disapprove of, therefore extreme measures are justified it would seem. That's OK until your own behaviour, that previously was acceptable to the powers that be, suddenly becomes unacceptable and you find yourself on the wrong end of the water cannon. "

this... wins the comments on this thread today

d

Shoreham

"Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?. They are behaving in a way some people disapprove of, therefore extreme measures are justified it would seem. That's OK until your own behaviour, that previously was acceptable to the powers that be, suddenly becomes unacceptable and you find yourself on the wrong end of the water cannon.

d"

Its exactly not that though a d common sense should be used.

It's not that its unacceptable to the powers that be it's because its ridiculous to do during a pandemic

Brighton

"Someone remind me why we are water canoning/ rubber bulleting these protestors! What have they done wrong ?. They are behaving in a way some people disapprove of, therefore extreme measures are justified it would seem. That's OK until your own behaviour, that previously was acceptable to the powers that be, suddenly becomes unacceptable and you find yourself on the wrong end of the water cannon.

d

It's not that its unacceptable to the powers that be it's because its ridiculous to do during a pandemic "

Exactly

Common sense at last . Save your protests when this is all over.

Meanwhile spray the unwashed ones with paint or water cannons

d

It's not that its unacceptable to the powers that be it's because its ridiculous to do during a pandemic "

No you called them the unwashed in our society. Its because of your dislike for others who are of the community of protestors out on the streets today ... be honest and own it if that's how you feel.

liverpool

d

When has common sense ever been used by the government or police?

If the police can shoot you for protesting lockdowns today, they can shoot you for protesting making swinging illegal tomorrow, or whatever you need to protest against.

Historically well intentioned powers/laws are always abused by governments for the wrong purpose which is why you should always support peoples rights even if you don't agree with their viewpoint.

Chelmsford

I think this government is too soft.. ban all demonstrations while we are in lockdown, whatever the cause and curfews and people should have papers to show if they are lawfully allowed out..

d

It's not that its unacceptable to the powers that be it's because its ridiculous to do during a pandemic

If the police can shoot you for protesting lockdowns today, they can shoot you for protesting making swinging illegal tomorrow, or whatever you need to protest against.

Historically well intentioned powers/laws are always abused by governments for the wrong purpose which is why you should always support peoples rights even if you don't agree with their viewpoint. "

Exactly.

Manchester (she/her)

d

Historically well intentioned powers/laws are always abused by governments for the wrong purpose which is why you should always support peoples rights even if you don't agree with their viewpoint. "

Yup.

Hence I think they're morons - pandemic, plus I disagree vehemently with the cause (and think it's a distraction from real threats) - but I support their right and do not want violence committed against them.

(I have stayed at home during the protests I would have gone to this last year because pandemic, but that's my choice)

Shoreham

d

Think that's a massive difference lol

If they Use common sense it would be ok but unfortunately they dont so soak em x

liverpool

d

Historically well intentioned powers/laws are always abused by governments for the wrong purpose which is why you should always support peoples rights even if you don't agree with their viewpoint.

If they Use common sense it would be ok but unfortunately they dont so soak em x"

There is literally no difference between the two.

Clearly you are incapable of seeing things from someone else's point of view.

Manchester (she/her)

d

If they Use common sense it would be ok but unfortunately they dont so soak em x"

Uh. No.

If they cause threat to police or property then perhaps force might have to be escalated, but cautiously as a last resort.

We shouldn't take joy in state violence being used against peaceful dissent.

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Seems stupid to me, they will slow down the re opening, and that's what they are complaining about lol

Chelmsford

d

If they Use common sense it would be ok but unfortunately they dont so soak em x

Uh. No.

If they cause threat to police or property then perhaps force might have to be escalated, but cautiously as a last resort.

We shouldn't take joy in state violence being used against peaceful dissent."

Well as usual. The majority of peaceful demonstrates are infiltrated by rent a mob.. these are the real hooligans who spark the riots by attacking the police and retreat like rats into the sewers from where they came..

I have a tactic to use against these morons but won't share it here . But we used to have prison hulk ships.. why not utilize all off the disused cruise ships and moor the lot of them off the coast and let them demonstrate until their hearts content

Brighton

d

Uh. No.

We shouldn't take joy in state violence being used against peaceful dissent."

Very little violence, you have to deter the unwashed

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

There is no need for it at a time like this.

Brighton

"Seems stupid to me, they will slow down the re opening, and that's what they are complaining about lol "

Exactly! The post of the day thank you

Shoreham

d

Uh. No.

Well as usual. The majority of peaceful demonstrates are infiltrated by rent a mob.. these are the real hooligans who spark the riots by attacking the police and retreat like rats into the sewers from where they came..

I have a tactic to use against these morons but won't share it here . But we used to have prison hulk ships.. why not utilize all off the disused cruise ships and moor the lot of them off the coast and let them demonstrate until their hearts content"

Great idea but wash them first ?

Manchester (she/her)

d

Uh. No.

Very little violence, you have to deter the unwashed "

That's an excellent way to destroy government by consent.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I didn't think there was protests today about the vaccine lockdown etc? I couldn't see any online?

There are I know some protests in the UK about Patels crazy idea to stop the right of anyone to peacefully protest about anything.. Which I suggest is probably more important and relevant than anything else at the moment..it seems under the cloak of Covid the Tories are doing their best to dismantle our system of democracy bit by bit.. ??

Manchester (she/her)

"Today there will be demonstrations throughout europe including britain against lockdowns. I can understand why they do it but in these times it might not be so good, what do you think of it?

I didn't think there was protests today about the vaccine lockdown etc? I couldn't see any online?

There are I know some protests in the UK about Patels crazy idea to stop the right of anyone to peacefully protest about anything.. Which I suggest is probably more important and relevant than anything else at the moment..it seems under the cloak of Covid the Tories are doing their best to dismantle our system of democracy bit by bit.. ??

"

Yup.

I'm not protesting because plague, but I'm worried.

Chelmsford

The Tories just want to make Britain Great again.. put the Great back into Great Britain.. !

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Today there will be demonstrations throughout europe including britain against lockdowns. I can understand why they do it but in these times it might not be so good, what do you think of it?

"

Yes. I think we all need to be concerned when even Theresa May is worried by it.

Chelmsford

Yes. I think we all need to be concerned when even Theresa May is worried by it."

Teresa 'No deal is better than a bad deal' May..

So what deal do you want Teresa?

I don't know...

Aweful leader

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Just watching the livestreams. A big old turn out.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Because most of those across the country were socially distance and they all wore masks.

They actually in most placed had a peaceful protest without violence and mob mentality. "

The ones reported on the news were not socially distanced at all so that's all I can go on. How did you find out that "most" were socially distanced?

Basingstoke

"Just watching the livestreams. A big old turn out. "

Shocking behaviour.

Manchester/Glossop

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 15:55:31]

Manchester/Glossop

Totally agree shocking

I wished I had the power to kick these people out of my ambulance and tell them what I think of them when they become ill but unfortunately because of my job I treat everyone the same if they could see what this has done or what could happen to them am sure it would change there minds

Manchester (she/her)

"Totally agree shocking

I wished I had the power to kick these people out of my ambulance and tell them what I think of them when they become ill but unfortunately because of my job I treat everyone the same if they could see what this has done or what could happen to them am sure it would change there minds "

Thank you for what you do.

Chelmsford

I am all for withdrawing all medical treatment for these idiots or at least charging them the cost of their treatment

stafford

"The Tories just want to make Britain Great again.. put the Great back into Great Britain.. ! "

They dont

And anyone who thinks that is either very very rich or sorely misguided.. Possibly both!

stafford

You mean you believe the media?

They actually in most placed had a peaceful protest without violence and mob mentality.

The ones reported on the news were not socially distanced at all so that's all I can go on. How did you find out that "most" were socially distanced? "

Manchester (she/her)

"The Tories just want to make Britain Great again.. put the Great back into Great Britain.. !

They dont

And anyone who thinks that is either very very rich or sorely misguided.. Possibly both! "

I thought "Great Britain" was merely the larger of the two British Isles.

The UK is (mostly) Great Britain again. Done.

That was easy.

They were no safer ! I never really understood what the black lives matter protesters were actually protesting for? What did they want? and did the protests help them get it?

It's a contentious topic here, but much has been written about it if you'd like to look it up.

I'd have been there, but, pandemic."

well.i have been reading and I'm still none the wiser protests were about police brutality towards black people and stop and searches been carried out unpropotionaly towards black people but then went on to read that people of bame make up 14% of the population yet make up 25% of the prison population so seems how ever unfair it's no wonder the police do so many stop and searches and the knife crime figures are just scary.. either way seems like a massive can of worms and I'm still unsure what the point of protesting was.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Why are people so fucking stupid ?

I despair of the human race sometimes.

stafford

"Totally agree shocking

I wished I had the power to kick these people out of my ambulance and tell them what I think of them when they become ill but unfortunately because of my job I treat everyone the same if they could see what this has done or what could happen to them am sure it would change there minds "

I am absolutely grateful for all the NHS does.. I agree lockdown covidiots etc are a problem.. But mask wearing peaceful protestors I'm afraid deserve the right yo be able to do that.. We need these protestors to show the rest of us that our democratic rights are being shafted behind our backs.. That's important I think

Gone out during lockdown, every one of them could be responsible for spreading covid and as you know it kills hundreds of thousands of people so on that logic they will be responsible for millions of deaths from covid.

Or at least that must be the way some people see it anyway

Manchester (she/her)

They were no safer ! I never really understood what the black lives matter protesters were actually protesting for? What did they want? and did the protests help them get it?

I'd have been there, but, pandemic. well.i have been reading and I'm still none the wiser protests were about police brutality towards black people and stop and searches been carried out unpropotionaly towards black people but then went on to read that people of bame make up 14% of the population yet make up 25% of the prison population so seems how ever unfair it's no wonder the police do so many stop and searches and the knife crime figures are just scary.. either way seems like a massive can of worms and I'm still unsure what the point of protesting was."

It is, indeed, a can of worms.

By *nly DickCouple (MM)  over a year ago

chichester

Time to get the water cannons on them

stafford

Let's have it right! Its about losing the right to protest peacefully.. All the other stuff is just padding.. The main worry is the government want the peoples democratic right to disagree with them made into a criminal offence..

And they can not be allowed to get away with it.. Or it will not end well I fear for anyone

Brighton

Give them a wash

Manchester (she/her)

"

Let's have it right! Its about losing the right to protest peacefully.. All the other stuff is just padding.. The main worry is the government want the peoples democratic right to disagree with them made into a criminal offence..

And they can not be allowed to get away with it.. Or it will not end well I fear for anyone

"

I think lockdown protests are being conflated with protest/concern over the change in law.

I think the former are idiots and the latter are fighting for an important cause (although I'm picking public health as more important at the moment, unfortunately).

stafford

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 16:32:37]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Totally agree shocking

I wished I had the power to kick these people out of my ambulance and tell them what I think of them when they become ill but unfortunately because of my job I treat everyone the same if they could see what this has done or what could happen to them am sure it would change there minds

I am absolutely grateful for all the NHS does.. I agree lockdown covidiots etc are a problem.. But mask wearing peaceful protestors I'm afraid deserve the right yo be able to do that.. We need these protestors to show the rest of us that our democratic rights are being shafted behind our backs.. That's important I think

"

It doesn't look like many have face coverings

Shoreham

We are too soft on them . Most would not even know what they are "protesting" about.

Kettle them and lock em up

stafford

"Give them a wash "

Because anyone with a social conscience doesn't have access to soap and water?

stafford

"We are too soft on them . Most would not even know what they are "protesting" about.

Kettle them and lock em up "

Which ones?

Basingstoke

"Totally agree shocking

It doesn't look like many have face coverings"

And face coverings or not, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC!! STAY HOME

Shoreham

"Give them a wash

"

Exactly or too lazy to use it ?

stafford

"Give them a wash

Exactly or too lazy to use it ?"

What a nonsense reply!

If your argument is going to lose..maybe try doing it gracefully?

stafford

"Totally agree shocking

And face coverings or not, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC!! STAY HOME "

Anti lockdown are also anti Vax and anti face coverings so it's no surprise

The anti.. Don't fuck up our democracy system probably ate a bit more sensible..

chichester

"Totally agree shocking

The anti.. Don't fuck up our democracy system probably ate a bit more sensible.. "

Surely they need to be rounded up , its these types that are massively responsible for the spread over the last year. Lack of discipline, distancing and lack of masks. ( possibly soap and water too ?)

Shoreham

Exactly, as a former spotter in a past life these sorts are easily recognised, you can sniff em out a mile off seriously

Brighton

"Totally agree shocking

The anti.. Don't fuck up our democracy system probably ate a bit more sensible..

Surely they need to be rounded up , its these types that are massively responsible for the spread over the last year. Lack of discipline, distancing and lack of masks. ( possibly soap and water too ?) "

Well said. There is no justification for doing this at this stage of lockdown. It can only prolong things .

We are too soft on these ignoring the rules. Please water cannon them and give them a much needed wash

Shoreham

Scum of the earth unfortunately. We are too soft , I feel sorry for the police , we carried night sticks where I patrolled and it's much needed there atm.

Need some sense somehow knocked into them

chichester

"Totally agree shocking

Surely they need to be rounded up , its these types that are massively responsible for the spread over the last year. Lack of discipline, distancing and lack of masks. ( possibly soap and water too ?)

Well said. There is no justification for doing this at this stage of lockdown. It can only prolong things .

We are too soft on these ignoring the rules. Please water cannon them and give them a much needed wash "

chichester

Their actions affect us all .

It just can only prolong the lockdown. We seem scared to enforce what most see as common sense .

Agree about the water cannons

Brighton

"Scum of the earth unfortunately. We are too soft , I feel sorry for the police , we carried night sticks where I patrolled and it's much needed there atm.

Need some sense somehow knocked into them "

Brighton

The police in sweden would certainly hold off but I do believe my fellow country citizens have more sense than to demonstrate in the middle of a pandemic

Brighton

"Totally agree shocking

And face coverings or not, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC!! STAY HOME "

Sums it up

Shoreham

"Their actions affect us all .

It just can only prolong the lockdown. We seem scared to enforce what most see as common sense .

Agree about the water cannons "

Yes exactly. What's happening to simple common sense

Shoreham

"The police in sweden would certainly hold off but I do believe my fellow country citizens have more sense than to demonstrate in the middle of a pandemic "

More civilised

By *avid ElliottCouple  over a year ago

West Worthing

"Their actions affect us all .

Agree about the water cannons

Yes exactly. What's happening to simple common sense "

West Worthing

Couldnt agree more simply Not the time to demonstrate

Shoreham

Tear gas , pepper spray and water cannon.

West Worthing

Tear gas , pepper spray and water cannon."

I like the paint idea so they can be recognisable after the event rather than skulk away

West Worthing

"Totally agree shocking

We are too soft on these ignoring the rules. Please water cannon them and give them a much needed wash "

They should be ashamed of themselves

I have done a new thread that we can continue on

Shoreham

Tear gas , pepper spray and water cannon.

I like the paint idea so they can be recognisable after the event rather than skulk away"

Ok I would settle for paint

Shoreham

"Totally agree shocking

We are too soft on these ignoring the rules. Please water cannon them and give them a much needed wash

They should be ashamed of themselves "

But are ignorant to what they are doing

Shoreham

Can we title a new thread "water cannon them"

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Let them protest but as each of them left Hyde park, should have been handed a fixed penalty fine for breaking covid restrictions.