FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tokyo Olympics

Tokyo Olympics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The organisers have banned all overseas visitors for these games this year irrespective of having been vaccinated. Here being vaccinated doesn't mean you can suddenly travel as freely as one is led to believe.

There are many countries that are now having a third wave and there could be more before the Olympics takes place. Big concerns over many athletes not able to qualify due to lack of competition.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Games should be cancelled we must not take part

"Games should be cancelled we must not take part"

Same for any other professional sport?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's wise of them to restrict the volume of international visitors, for the sake of the locals, competitors and countries that the teams will return to. It's going to be a very different olympics but money plays such a big part for the agency, that they naturally resist common sense.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

There's no way the IOC will refund the bungs it gets for each games, it will go ahead albeit in such a way it'll be seen as 'that games' for winners etc..

Ditto when they were boycotted previously..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think it's wise of them to restrict the volume of international visitors, for the sake of the locals, competitors and countries that the teams will return to. It's going to be a very different olympics but money plays such a big part for the agency, that they naturally resist common sense. "

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

As the rate reduces to a manageable level, I can't see a problem with professional sport taking place with regular testing, but as the majority are not aloud to travel at all let alo e I ternationally. I can't see a safe way or legitimate reason to allow lots of international competition at the current time.

It only take one new varient to undo all the hard work with the vaccination program. The more we can limit its chances to enter the UK then the better. I'm sure that day will come but hopefully at a time we're better prepared and in a stronger position to deal with it.

I'm a huge sports fan too so I say it with a heavy heart.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Games should be cancelled we must not take part

Same for any other professional sport?"

Potentially....at least if involving international travel

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

As an ex athlete, the Games should definitely go ahead.

Training for Elite sport has continued through much of Lockdown - and why not given professional sport being allowed.

Olympics is only every 4 years and many athletes may only have one chance to go.

The whole event what with selection, training travel, accommodation etc etc is not going to be without challenges, but hey that's the Olympics though.

The olympics should still go ahead. Japan and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government have ploughed so much time, effort and cost into it. It needs to go ahead. When I was last in Japan they were so excited and proud about it.

It’s sad that they can’t invite the world to join them, but hopefully the people of the country will fill the stadiums and create atmosphere on our behalf.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

It's unlikely that any travel abroad for holidays , leisure etc will be allowed this year , just given it out on the BBC news so the stadiums in Tokyo won't have UK spectators

By the sounds of it,regardless of having both jabs,holidays abroad seem unlikely this year.

I've a nasty feeling that across Europe, the shit is going to hit the fan

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

All those in lockdown in europe will need something to watch on tv so i think they should go ahead.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's unlikely that any travel abroad for holidays , leisure etc will be allowed this year , just given it out on the BBC news so the stadiums in Tokyo won't have UK spectators "

Well international travel rules was always going to be dependent on the rates of infection in other countries and what rules they have ... everyone focused so hard on June 21st that people were setting themselves up for disappointment...

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"It's unlikely that any travel abroad for holidays , leisure etc will be allowed this year , just given it out on the BBC news so the stadiums in Tokyo won't have UK spectators

Well international travel rules was always going to be dependent on the rates of infection in other countries and what rules they have ... everyone focused so hard on June 21st that people were setting themselves up for disappointment..."

thankfully I'm not one of them

"It's unlikely that any travel abroad for holidays , leisure etc will be allowed this year , just given it out on the BBC news so the stadiums in Tokyo won't have UK spectators

Well international travel rules was always going to be dependent on the rates of infection in other countries and what rules they have ... everyone focused so hard on June 21st that people were setting themselves up for disappointment..."

Agree

» Add a new message to this topic