FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Riots in London over lockdown

Riots in London over lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yvanwy black wild child OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Oxford

Despicable behaviour in Hyde park from the protesters over lockdown all the hard work everyone is doing to combat the virus and some people are acting like this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

They should all be fined

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Is it an actual riot?

Oxford

I fear this may only be the start of things to come

Oxford

Yes popped up on Facebook 20 minutes ago bottles thrown at police officers etc

in Lancashire

"Yes popped up on Facebook 20 minutes ago bottles thrown at police officers etc"

Tbh a few bottles being thrown by numpties isn't a riot..

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I see corbyn,s idiot brother was there with his megaphone again.

By *urtyGentMan  over a year ago

eastleigh

"Yes popped up on Facebook 20 minutes ago bottles thrown at police officers etc

Tbh a few bottles being thrown by numpties isn't a riot.."

Agreed. People very quick to call stuff a riot. It’s a heated protest. Riots are distinguishable by the fires being lit and the buildings being stormed. A few glass bottles filled with piss being thrown isn’t a riot

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Surprised no

Any mass protest gets hijacked by the few spoiling it for the meny.

Now this will encourage government to just ban protests completely.

I do not support protests at the best of times but this was not the time for this.

And yes I think lock down has done more good then harm.

In lots of ways. It's hard but was right EU contreys are doing it again as it dose work.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Agreed. People very quick to call stuff a riot. It’s a heated protest. Riots are distinguishable by the fires being lit and the buildings being stormed. A few glass bottles filled with piss being thrown isn’t a riot"

So what would you call it.

Civil in rest

eastleigh

A protest or civil unrest. Not a riot

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Anyone who goes to a protest in this day and age and expects it to stay a calm peaceful event is delusional. Rent-a-mob will always show up regardless of cause and fight the police for any reason.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed. People very quick to call stuff a riot. It’s a heated protest. Riots are distinguishable by the fires being lit and the buildings being stormed. A few glass bottles filled with piss being thrown isn’t a riot

Civil in rest "

From my understanding it can be classed as a riot with 3 or more ppl being violent or inciting violence

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

This is as always a few stupid and maybe well meaning people arranging something which they intend to be peaceful, being hi jacked by the 'use any cause as an excuse to cause trouble' brigade to do just that.

People are stupid and you are never going to change that.

just a shame we have to look after them when they get sick !

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Anyone who goes to a protest in this day and age and expects it to stay a calm peaceful event is delusional. Rent-a-mob will always show up regardless of cause and fight the police for any reason. "

When I went to protests at university, you could tell who the trouble were and you kept clear. (worst I ever did was shout hyperbole about some politicians and wave placards)

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

What happened to the SPG squads ? They didn’t mess about they’d sort these thugs out mind it’s hard to say who would be the bigger thugs them or the rioters (protesters)

"Is it an actual riot?

"

What if one of them bottles hit someone an took a eye out

Is it assault or just kids having fun??? The line has to be drawn somewhere

eastleigh

Keep hearing people talk about “rent a mob” and “the same old troublemakers” like they cannot conceive of regular people being pissed off to the point of violence.

You’re delusional if you think it’s the same people “causing trouble” at this protest as it was at the vigil last week and the protests last year. Guess it’s easier to assume that than to accept the stark reality

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

And how much has these "peaceful" protests cost the taxpayer ???

Fact is trouble wouldn't be happening if people hadn't been there in the first place!

"Keep hearing people talk about “rent a mob” and “the same old troublemakers” like they cannot conceive of regular people being pissed off to the point of violence.

You’re delusional if you think it’s the same people “causing trouble” at this protest as it was at the vigil last week and the protests last year. Guess it’s easier to assume that than to accept the stark reality "

evesham

"Keep hearing people talk about “rent a mob” and “the same old troublemakers” like they cannot conceive of regular people being pissed off to the point of violence.

You’re delusional if you think it’s the same people “causing trouble” at this protest as it was at the vigil last week and the protests last year. Guess it’s easier to assume that than to accept the stark reality "

Rent-a-mob doesn't necessarily mean it's the same people physically though does it. It's just a term used to describe the element of society who will look for a reason to start a problem.

eastleigh

You’re delusional if you think it’s the same people “causing trouble” at this protest as it was at the vigil last week and the protests last year. Guess it’s easier to assume that than to accept the stark reality

Rent-a-mob doesn't necessarily mean it's the same people physically though does it. It's just a term used to describe the element of society who will look for a reason to start a problem. "

Which implies it’s the same people every time doesn’t it?

Does make me wonder why a lot of people don't go and live in a communist country, seems like they would be a lot happier there

evesham

Rent-a-mob doesn't necessarily mean it's the same people physically though does it. It's just a term used to describe the element of society who will look for a reason to start a problem.

Which implies it’s the same people every time doesn’t it?"

No lol

eastleigh

Never ceases to amaze me how many people are happy with neo liberalism. The epitome of “fuck you, I’m alright Jack” politics

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

I doubt that there are many of us that aren’t pissed off with the current situation, we are all fed up of our lives being put on hold by COVID. But the numbers show that the current lockdown and the vaccination programme are working. We are just over a week away from starting to reduce the restrictions we have, and we have a plan to get out of all of the restrictions by June. What is the point of a violent protest?

Believe me there are millions of us who would happily protest against idiots like these, anti vaxxers, and those not following the rules and making the situation worse. A lot of these rioters are just looking for a fight, the reason for the protest doesn’t matter.

eastleigh

No lol"

So the “element of society that look for a reason to start trouble” are, seemingly in every political group almost like they’re regular people that feel like they’ve been pushed to violence because they don’t feel like they’re heard.

I’m not trying to defend this particular protest, I just get fucked off when people dismiss the right to protest. Without protest none of us would have a single right that we have now

evesham

"Never ceases to amaze me how many people are happy with neo liberalism. The epitome of “fuck you, I’m alright Jack” politics"

I've had to Google that and I'm still none the wiser

eastleigh

I doubt that there are many of us that aren’t pissed off with the current situation, we are all fed up of our lives being put on hold by COVID. But the numbers show that the current lockdown and the vaccination programme are working. We are just over a week away from starting to reduce the restrictions we have, and we have a plan to get out of all of the restrictions by June. What is the point of a violent protest?

Believe me there are millions of us who would happily protest against idiots like these, anti vaxxers, and those not following the rules and making the situation worse. A lot of these rioters are just looking for a fight, the reason for the protest doesn’t matter."

Fully agree with all of this. Anyone protesting today is a selfish twat. The right to protest is one of the strongest rights we have in this country. Wether you agree with what’s being protested or not

eastleigh

"Never ceases to amaze me how many people are happy with neo liberalism. The epitome of “fuck you, I’m alright Jack” politics

I've had to Google that and I'm still none the wiser "

evesham

No lol

So the “element of society that look for a reason to start trouble” are, seemingly in every political group almost like they’re regular people that feel like they’ve been pushed to violence because they don’t feel like they’re heard.

I’m not trying to defend this particular protest, I just get fucked off when people dismiss the right to protest. Without protest none of us would have a single right that we have now"

I'm not dismissing the right to protest at all. Did I say they shouldn't have protested?

I just simply stated that those who think a protest will ever remain peaceful are delusional because people (wether the same or not) will always turn out and make it something else. Wether it's people who support ACAB or people who simply haven't had a decent run in with someone for over a year thanks to lockdown, or hangovers from previous protests who feel they haven't had their say enough yet. There will always be someone from somewhere with an ulterior motive.

So perhaps physical protests need to move on and find other ways of demonstrating of they want to avoid their cause being over shadowed.

couple, us we him her.

I'm very confused as to who's for and against protest's ?

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

...and they were only plastic bottles, wouldn't hurt a fly...

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm very confused as to who's for and against protest's ?"

I'm pro protest. I think they're a vital civil right.

I think protesting during a pandemic is unwise.

These views do not go well together in my head

I'm anti violent protest in almost all circumstances (don't know what circumstances it'd be appropriate in).

I'm against state violence against protesters unless absolutely necessary for public protection, and I'm horrified that people are cheering such an idea on.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"Despicable behaviour in Hyde park from the protesters over lockdown all the hard work everyone is doing to combat the virus and some people are acting like this"

Just seen it on the news, ffs, at least 33 arrested, we are going through a pandemic..save all the issues for when it is safe to voice them...if not then don't be kicking off when the Police try to disperse people gathering which is against Covid lock down rules.!!!

I fully understand the concept of neo liberalism and loathe it but I do not understand the relevance here. We are heading out of a terrible epidemic where the conservatives happen to be the government of the day. It could easily have been labour. No one had any concept about what was going to happen so blaming the tories for the sky falling on our heads is pointless. What I find incredible is the enthusiasm for some folk to exercise their right to democratically protest at the drop of a hat. Lockdown will end, mistakes have been made, hold people to account in the cold light of day. standing too close to a lot of other naysayers on a cold night in London is doing absolutely nothing but helping to continue to spread the virus.......unless they have all had their vaccinations, lol!!

But this lockdwon will never ever end, I hate to disagree but maybe they do have a point

"But this lockdwon will never ever end, I hate to disagree but maybe they do have a point "

Of course it'll end, just because ppl are frustrated doesn't justify anime,and social disturbance

"I see corbyn,s idiot brother was there with his megaphone again."
handcuffed again then..

"But this lockdwon will never ever end, I hate to disagree but maybe they do have a point

Of course it'll end, just because ppl are frustrated doesn't justify anime,and social disturbance "

It won't end because they enjoy it too much (in my opinion)

They can borrow money endlessly and when the time comes tax us to pay for their incompetence. They said 2 weeks and it will end and how where we are now yet people have been complying and listening to all the rules

I would probably class a riot as something a kin to brixton 81 , notting hill 58 , Broadwater farm 85. something that might edge out for a couple days maybe more. obligatory cars overturned and shops and property ablaze, riot shields and petrol bombs but at the price of a gallon now a days I doubt (unless its syphoned off said overturned car ) that would be happening.

a bunch of twats led by piers corbyn and lawrence fox doesn't really compare.

That said though , there does seem to be a lot of demos currently. I might join one just to break the monotony of being stuck in all weekend.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"But this lockdwon will never ever end, I hate to disagree but maybe they do have a point

Of course it'll end, just because ppl are frustrated doesn't justify anime,and social disturbance

They can borrow money endlessly and when the time comes tax us to pay for their incompetence. They said 2 weeks and it will end and how where we are now yet people have been complying and listening to all the rules"

But 'not all' people have been listening and complying with all the rules..

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"But this lockdwon will never ever end, I hate to disagree but maybe they do have a point "

It's ending. There are steps in place.

What will cause it to never ever end is if people ignore the rules and keep spreading the virus. Come on now. This isn't difficult.

we all are so near to coming out of this nightmare and stupid ppl who protest are just prolonging it..get the water cannons out Boris

North Yorkshire

"Despicable behaviour in Hyde park from the protesters over lockdown all the hard work everyone is doing to combat the virus and some people are acting like this

Just seen it on the news, ffs, at least 33 arrested, we are going through a pandemic..save all the issues for when it is safe to voice them...if not then don't be kicking off when the Police try to disperse people gathering which is against Covid lock down rules.!!!

"

It is amazing when you consider the 5000 or so protesters in London today how orderly and we'll behaved they were. I wish I could say the same for the police. They had to kick off and ruin a completely peaceful demonstration as the people of Britain exercised their democratic right to free speech and peaceful protest.

So the general consensus of opinion is that you have the rights to protest and can protest about a thing that is happening at the moment but you can't actually protest about it until the thing itself is over?

Is it a riot or peaceful protest? I understand concerns over protests during lockdown but I don't like the fact the government are trying to outlaw any kind of protests... We truly live in an Orwellian state.

Manchester (she/her)

It's ending. There are steps in place.

What will cause it to never ever end is if people ignore the rules and keep spreading the virus. Come on now. This isn't difficult. "

Agreed.

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 21:47:07]

Sorry to say but this lockdown is no where near ending, it just hasn't worked anywhere

Even those who might wish to wait or feel unconfortable will be almost forced to take the vaccine (might even be unsafe as who knows like we seen with blood clots) and after that the vaccine you still have to wear mask, sanitize and social distance. There seems like no end ever

By the way in older times you took a vaccine of 1 dose that was tested for years (99.9% safe) and you said goodbye to whatever might come your way as you were protected 100% from whatever virus in this past

I might be wrong so sorry if I am, I am just worried about these times as lockdown seems never ending, they even want to cancel this summer already

I think it was back in novemeber that Priti Patel declared that protests involving more than two people will be prohibited during lockdown and that she expected the police to enforce this. Maybe not Orwellian (covid 1984) but certainly draconian

North Yorkshire

"So the general consensus of opinion is that you have the rights to protest and can protest about a thing that is happening at the moment but you can't actually protest about it until the thing itself is over?

"

Mm yes. Something like that. Maybe if you changed your words around a bit you might start to make some sense.

"Despicable behaviour in Hyde park from the protesters over lockdown all the hard work everyone is doing to combat the virus and some people are acting like this"
Roits what Roits i was there 2 or 3 guy's d*unk, and over 100 police running at us battons out screaming at us, come on try it. Stop listening to bullshit bbc just looking for a story.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

The irony is those protesting and rioting against the lockdown could end up actively prolonging it

Manchester (she/her)

"The irony is those protesting and rioting against the lockdown could end up actively prolonging it"

Yes, very much.

I understand wanting to protect civil liberties. I do. But this is... just beyond words.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

upton wirral

Does it matter what it is any gathering of large groups of people is wrong at the present time due to covid.

They are the ones stopping the human rights of the masses leading normal life they by there stupity are stopping freedom

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

So let’s get this right, we are in one of the countries in the world way ahead of others regarding vaccine rollout & have already announced some easing of lockdown with more to come as our infection numbers continue to plummet.

At least two countries in Europe have announced today tightening of lockdown restrictions as infections are going up.

But this lot are protesting? Do they have shit between their ears?

Warwick

"So let’s get this right, we are in one of the countries in the world way ahead of others regarding vaccine rollout & have already announced some easing of lockdown with more to come as our infection numbers continue to plummet.

At least two countries in Europe have announced today tightening of lockdown restrictions as infections are going up.

But this lot are protesting? Do they have shit between their ears?"

Judging by the interviews with protesters on the BBC news tonight that’s a definite yes!

Agreed. People very quick to call stuff a riot. It’s a heated protest. Riots are distinguishable by the fires being lit and the buildings being stormed. A few glass bottles filled with piss being thrown isn’t a riot"

Totally agree.

People tried to claim last weekends vigil was a riot.

A protest is not a riot.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"So let’s get this right, we are in one of the countries in the world way ahead of others regarding vaccine rollout & have already announced some easing of lockdown with more to come as our infection numbers continue to plummet.

Judging by the interviews with protesters on the BBC news tonight that’s a definite yes!"

Makes me wonder why they want to live here none of those interviewed had British accents.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 22:50:26]

North Yorkshire

"Does it matter what it is any gathering of large groups of people is wrong at the present time due to covid.

They are the ones stopping the human rights of the masses leading normal life they by there stupity are stopping freedom"

Present some evidence to back up your statement and you may be taken seriously.

Manchester (she/her)

"Does it matter what it is any gathering of large groups of people is wrong at the present time due to covid.

They are the ones stopping the human rights of the masses leading normal life they by there stupity are stopping freedom

Present some evidence to back up your statement and you may be taken seriously. "

The roadmap out depends on keeping the disease burden low. Large gatherings without face coverings risk being spreader events, particularly with singing or shouting.

The way we get out of this, as laid out by the government, is to keep our germs to ourselves.

(I'm sure some won't see that as evidence, but that is the rational explanation whether they like it or not. And when we deal with the pandemic we can deal with the government trying to take away our liberties - which is not via public health measures)

Civil in rest

From my understanding it can be classed as a riot with 3 or more ppl being violent or inciting violence "

That's Violent Disorder (s.2 Public Order Act).

A riot needs 12 or more, with common purpose, using or threatening violence (s.1 POA)

They can borrow money endlessly and when the time comes tax us to pay for their incompetence. They said 2 weeks and it will end and how where we are now yet people have been complying and listening to all the rules"

Who said two weeks and it would end ?

" They had to kick off and ruin a completely peaceful demonstration as the people of Britain exercised their democratic right to free speech and peaceful protest."

Right to Free Speech? Where does it say that?

Right to peacefully protest? Current laws forbid large gatherings.

Hearing a lot about (non existent) rights, but not much about very real responsibilities. Good old British masses, arrogant enough to believe they can pick and choose the laws they obey.

Manchester (she/her)

" They had to kick off and ruin a completely peaceful demonstration as the people of Britain exercised their democratic right to free speech and peaceful protest.

Right to Free Speech? Where does it say that?

Right to peacefully protest? Current laws forbid large gatherings.

Hearing a lot about (non existent) rights, but not much about very real responsibilities. Good old British masses, arrogant enough to believe they can pick and choose the laws they obey."

I'm playing fast and loose in this case with actual laws (versus what I think should be permitted) so I can't talk, but I agree.

Totally agree.

A protest is not a riot."

this

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

A riot is a form of civil disorder commonly characterized by a group lashing out in a violent public disturbance against authority, property, or people. As soon as something is thrown that can cause injury it becomes a riot or injured in any way.

"A riot is a form of civil disorder commonly characterized by a group lashing out in a violent public disturbance against authority, property, or people. As soon as something is thrown that can cause injury it becomes a riot or injured in any way. "

In English Law, a riot requires 12 or more ... using or threatening violence.

By *eteinhantsMan  over a year ago

Southsea

Totally agree.

A protest is not a riot.

this "

Agreed

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The protesters should be allowed to protest, following all distance and mask laws. It seemed they didn't, as there's an unspoken protest about any limits. It weakens their argument. As does violence and not following direction.

It seems ill thought out, just when our action is great progress and in the last stages. I imagine there's limited support for them, unlike for more important issues, including the right to protest.

By *eteinhantsMan  over a year ago

Southsea

"The protesters should be allowed to protest, following all distance and mask laws. It seemed they didn't, as there's an unspoken protest about any limits. It weakens their argument. As does violence and not following direction.

It seems ill thought out, just when our action is great progress and in the last stages. I imagine there's limited support for them, unlike for more important issues, including the right to protest. "

Yes they are not the sharpest tools in the box the anti maskers, i even had postie deliver a letter from them today telling me it was all a hoax

As my neighbours insist

'There is no pandemic, jab is a load of shit,its a Government conspiracy '

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Surprised no

Any mass protest gets hijacked by the few spoiling it for the meny.

Now this will encourage government to just ban protests completely.

I do not support protests at the best of times but this was not the time for this.

And yes I think lock down has done more good then harm.

In lots of ways. It's hard but was right EU contreys are doing it again as it dose work.

"

If the government is allowed to ban protests then that’s the end. That right should never be taken away.

By *ingdong11Man  over a year ago

southampton

"Despicable behaviour in Hyde park from the protesters over lockdown all the hard work everyone is doing to combat the virus and some people are acting like this

It is amazing when you consider the 5000 or so protesters in London today how orderly and we'll behaved they were. I wish I could say the same for the police. They had to kick off and ruin a completely peaceful demonstration as the people of Britain exercised their democratic right to free speech and peaceful protest."

They were breaking the law , they should all of been arrested the selfish pricks .

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

Judging by the interviews with protesters on the BBC news tonight that’s a definite yes!"

What amazes me is people have the right to protest but that doesn't mean it has to be on the streets in mass gatherings in the middle of a pandemic. The people protesting like this will lose credibility regarding their causes and i just think it is selfish irrespective of whether they have a valid reason or not to take to the streets.

Dartford

Present some evidence to back up your statement and you may be taken seriously. "

I see this statement all the time now asking to present evidence. It is very lame when common sense would follow that masses of people not folliwing Covid rules, will spread the virus. I think we have at least learnt this over the past 12 months and in the lockdowns that have followed. No other evidence is needed. #useyourloaf

I see this statement all the time now asking to present evidence. It is very lame when common sense would follow that masses of people not folliwing Covid rules, will spread the virus. I think we have at least learnt this over the past 12 months and in the lockdowns that have followed. No other evidence is needed. #useyourloaf"

Seems common sense is quite rare

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I see this statement all the time now asking to present evidence. It is very lame when common sense would follow that masses of people not folliwing Covid rules, will spread the virus. I think we have at least learnt this over the past 12 months and in the lockdowns that have followed. No other evidence is needed. #useyourloaf"

Excellent post ! It is common sense !!

Love the hashtag lol

By *ick_and_BickerCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

...and they were only plastic bottles, wouldn't hurt a fly..."

You are cordially invited to stand in front of me while I throw plastic bottles full of piss at you.

You are welcome to report back to the Forums the results of any injuries you do or do not suffer.

M

Dartford

I see this statement all the time now asking to present evidence. It is very lame when common sense would follow that masses of people not folliwing Covid rules, will spread the virus. I think we have at least learnt this over the past 12 months and in the lockdowns that have followed. No other evidence is needed. #useyourloaf

Excellent post ! It is common sense !!

Love the hashtag lol"

Thx, a good saying learnt from my late father in law.

You are cordially invited to stand in front of me while I throw plastic bottles full of piss at you.

You are welcome to report back to the Forums the results of any injuries you do or do not suffer.

M"

couple, us we him her.

You know all these people justifying protests for anti lockdown the people attending the events are basically like spoilt children who don't like being told what to do and they are basically doing thus

" I'm going to scream and scream and scream until I am sick and I won't listen to anyone or anything"

And fuck anyone who gets hurt as a result of the tantrums.

You can only assume that these people actually want the lockdowns to be extended. We’re almost at the end, the country has made great progress, the end is in sight. Zero reason to protest now. It’s ludicrous.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

Unfortunately common sense doesn't appear to very common anymore.

"I see corbyn,s idiot brother was there with his megaphone again."

Odiocy clearly runs in the family!

Which implies it’s the same people every time doesn’t it?"

Sadly often is.....

All the people calling the protesters thick because they don't agree with their agenda is the epitome of irony.

EVERYONE has the right to protest.

Also the people saying protest should never be violent are delusional. I'm not talking about this particular situation of course but what if your government is committing genocide - would you wait until the pandemic is over and then peacefully protest?

People feel strongly about different things - let them protest peacefully without police antagonising them.

It's actually illegal to protest at the moment.

"You know all these people justifying protests for anti lockdown the people attending the events are basically like spoilt children who don't like being told what to do and they are basically doing thus

" I'm going to scream and scream and scream until I am sick and I won't listen to anyone or anything"

And fuck anyone who gets hurt as a result of the tantrums."

Exactly.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

Think you will find the Riot Act 1714 says 12 people or more, acting in an unruly manner, disturbing the peace, with an act or a threat of violence, under Common Law. IS A RIOT.

Of course it won't suit some, that agree with the protests...

in Lancashire

Think you will find the Riot Act 1714 says 12 people or more, acting in an unruly manner, disturbing the peace, with an act or a threat of violence, under Common Law. IS A RIOT.

Of course it won't suit some, that agree with the protests..."

It has to be designated by the oic on duty, why would anyone want to give more credence to those protesting at this time by defining what they did as rioting?

It's something they would possibly relish as part of their agenda..

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

It has to be designated by the oic on duty, why would anyone want to give more credence to those protesting at this time by defining what they did as rioting?

It's something they would possibly relish as part of their agenda.."

The Act is the Act, various dispersal procedures or certain sections can be authorised by the OIC

in Lancashire

The Act is the Act, various dispersal procedures or certain sections can be authorised by the OIC"

As I stated at the start of the thread a few numpties etc is not a riot, certainly not similar to those I was on duty in the province and Brixton..

The Act is the Act, various dispersal procedures or certain sections can be authorised by the OIC"

There is also the issue that if it designated as a Riot officially then much of the damaged caused can be claimed back from the government

By *ixey and CopperCouple  over a year ago

exeter

"Is it an actual riot?

"

Probably the same difference between a Vigil and a protest

M"

Funny how those plastic bottles being thrown yesterday had the very distinctive "tickle tickle smash" sound of their glass brethren...ohh no sorry , I heard that noise on the live BBC footage so it must have been edited in

Warwick

"You can only assume that these people actually want the lockdowns to be extended. We’re almost at the end, the country has made great progress, the end is in sight. Zero reason to protest now. It’s ludicrous. "

Exactly, as hardly any of them were wearing masks either you do wonder

Manchester (she/her)

"All the people calling the protesters thick because they don't agree with their agenda is the epitome of irony.

Also the people saying protest should never be violent are delusional. I'm not talking about this particular situation of course but what if your government is committing genocide - would you wait until the pandemic is over and then peacefully protest?

People feel strongly about different things - let them protest peacefully without police antagonising them. "

I can think that they have a right to protest and that they're idiots.

in Lancashire

"All the people calling the protesters thick because they don't agree with their agenda is the epitome of irony.

People feel strongly about different things - let them protest peacefully without police antagonising them. "

Antagonising them by not allowing the bottles thrown to smash the police in the face?

That sort of antagonising?

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 21/03/21 10:56:56]

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Some really interesting comments on here, with people going over the top on both sides of the argument.

The lockdowns don’t work do they ? - if they did then we wouldn’t be seeing countries across Europe that had some of the strictest enforced lockdowns going into a third wave !

All the lockdowns have down is push the problem down the road a few months until you open things up again, the reason infections are plummeting in this country is down to the vaccine, yes the lockdown is helping, buts it’s a ‘false life’ one you can’t live forever.

As for gatherings causing rates of infections to rise, do they ? - why then did we not have a spate of new infections after people crowded onto Bournemouth beach or after all the numerous BLM marches we saw ?

The highest rates of infections during this pandemic have always been in hospitals, care homes and supermarkets - all indoors where the virus breeds and people are constantly touching things.

I don’t agree with riots but I also don’t agree stopping protests, we have a snide, pathetic government that have been as useless as they come in this pandemic, covering their arses at every turn with medical advisers showing graphs of doom that never came to fruition, they are getting away lightly at the moment because of the brilliant scientists that developed the vaccine !

North Yorkshire

People feel strongly about different things - let them protest peacefully without police antagonising them.

Antagonising them by not allowing the bottles thrown to smash the police in the face?

"

When those handcuffs are fitted some people have their arms almost wrenched out of their sockets.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 21/03/21 11:13:38]

"Is it an actual riot?

"

No, it wasnt a riot there.

in Lancashire

When those handcuffs are fitted some people have their arms almost wrenched out of their sockets. "

Whether there's any truth in that the answer is to not throw bottles..

The police were standing off yesterday I think the numbers surprised them but some can't help themselves they have to kick off regardless then they get nicked..

I also think many was excited to hear corbyns speak at hyde park there.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

When those handcuffs are fitted some people have their arms almost wrenched out of their sockets. "

erm thats how the old bill nick u when you resist arrest.you struggle your going on the deck.not just at protests anyone who resits goes on the floor.

"What happened to the SPG squads ? They didn’t mess about they’d sort these thugs out mind it’s hard to say who would be the bigger thugs them or the rioters (protesters)"

They were replaced by the TSG', the Territorial Support Group. 3 times the size of the SPG. I believe the SPG were disbanded after the controversial unlawful killing of Blair Peach at an anti nazi league demonstration in London

You’re not going to win it’ll only get worse, so you might as well go quietly as they say

Manchester (she/her)

So the response of the police makes it ok?

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I saw this on the news last night and observed how the police stood back but there were people intimidating them and throwing objects while others stood there with phone cams at the ready

Nottingham

M

Funny how those plastic bottles being thrown yesterday had the very distinctive "tickle tickle smash" sound of their glass brethren...ohh no sorry , I heard that noise on the live BBC footage so it must have been edited in "

And today's winner of "totally and utterley missed the point award" goes to......

M

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

When those handcuffs are fitted some people have their arms almost wrenched out of their sockets. erm thats how the old bill nick u when you resist arrest.you struggle your going on the deck.not just at protests anyone who resits goes on the floor."

Quite right. It amazes me these people claim to have the right to protest when its currently against the law. The right to increase the spread of a deadly virus. The right to cause criminal damage. The right to throw bottles ect. However when they are caught and resist they object to being cuffed

Nottingham

If a policeman says you're under arrest and asks you to put your hands out to be cuffed, you don't violently resist, you don't try to evade arrest, you don't attack the police officer, you simply stand there and do as your told, it doesn't hurt at all.

M

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

It is bizarre that the protests are against a government who have the largest proportion of MP’s who want to end the restrictions as soon as possible even if it means taking risks.

What I've found interesting was the BBC coverage of this....

A pretty middle class white woman is murdered, obviously a horrific tradgey, and it's the TOP story.

An illegal "vigil" is held, with police arresting some of the organisers, and again, its the top story.

Yet an estimated "thousands" of people protest against new protest legislation/lockdown restrictions, protesters including conspiracy theorists, anti-bbc, anarchists and neo-nazis, and some general thick twats, and suddenly the story hardly makes a footnote.

Just an observation.

Obviously I'm not condoning ANY violence against anyone, just to clarify!

By *T_LEECouple (MM)  over a year ago

near you

At first i thought the protests were ridiculous.

Then i relised how lucky i am to have been working through most of the last 12 months.

I understand how those who fell outside the government support and are unable to work could easily turn there situation to anger.

I have got bigger things to worry about than some idiots in London there is a lot more going on in my life and some very important decisions to make such as do I go with pepper corn sauce with my rib eye steak tonight or do I just have a bit of mustard and the even more concerning matter of chips or mash???? These are the things that currently concern me not what's going on 170 miles south of me.

upton wirral

"I have got bigger things to worry about than some idiots in London there is a lot more going on in my life and some very important decisions to make such as do I go with pepper corn sauce with my rib eye steak tonight or do I just have a bit of mustard and the even more concerning matter of chips or mash???? These are the things that currently concern me not what's going on 170 miles south of me. "
Have an ostrich maybe!

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I say let them protest, let them spread covid between themselves, then let them go home and take covid to their families, let the take it to their places of work, and let their work mates take it home to their families etc etc.

Oh yeh that's why we are all in this mess, why can people not see this; of course they can, they just don't give a fuck about others as long as they get their 'say' and their right to 'protest'

Anyone found at one of these protests should have their right to NHS care for covid removed and they should be charged for their care (just covid not anything else that may be wrong with them unrelated to the 'protest') and the same for any of their families - drastic maybe but why are the rest of us suffering lockdown longer because these fools want their say.

I hate the tories, and i hate boris and all he and they stand for, but whatever he does he is wrong, release lockdown too soon and he will be slated for it, keep it on too long and he will get the same.

i sympathise with the people who have lost their jobs, but they will (most of them) recover, the ones who have lost the lives will never get them back.

But then their right to protest is more important than other peoples lives isn't it !

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Coming on here always gives me a good laugh ....

By *ackemdaveMan  over a year ago

london

The Act is the Act, various dispersal procedures or certain sections can be authorised by the OIC

There is also the issue that if it designated as a Riot officially then much of the damaged caused can be claimed back from the government "

The riot act is no longer on the statute books, it was replaced by Section 1 of the Public Order Act 1986.

A riot does not get designated by an OIC, very rarely will disorder be classed by police as a riot as the Chief Constable (or equivalent) and their force then becomes liable for the cost of damages.

Yes, but it is those who turn up to make violent trouble. Otherwise they'd protest peacefully about the issue. No sensible protester would even think that being violent progresses their cause, quite the opposite. Just look at the impact Ghandi had.

It hasn't ended because it wasn't taken seriously enough until more recently. Many had to die or become seriously ill before it sank in. Lockdowns have helped, we should have done them harder and faster much earlier on. Vaccinations are the next big step. But it's something that will be risk for a long time yet and we'll have to adapt our behaviour to keep it under control. At least we're now heading in the right direction.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Does it count as a riot?

This is the first I've heard of it,

You will always get some numpties who don't wish to be part of society.

Its a shame we can't cordon off 10% of the UK land and say if you don't want to abide by the same rules as everyone else you can live in free UK.

No covid restrictions and public services.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

That Act was repealed in the 60's. So the Act is not the Act afterall

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I say let them protest, let them spread covid between themselves, then let them go home and take covid to their families, let the take it to their places of work, and let their work mates take it home to their families etc etc.

Oh yeh that's why we are all in this mess, why can people not see this; of course they can, they just don't give a fuck about others as long as they get their 'say' and their right to 'protest'

Anyone found at one of these protests should have their right to NHS care for covid removed and they should be charged for their care (just covid not anything else that may be wrong with them unrelated to the 'protest') and the same for any of their families - drastic maybe but why are the rest of us suffering lockdown longer because these fools want their say.

I hate the tories, and i hate boris and all he and they stand for, but whatever he does he is wrong, release lockdown too soon and he will be slated for it, keep it on too long and he will get the same.

i sympathise with the people who have lost their jobs, but they will (most of them) recover, the ones who have lost the lives will never get them back.

But then their right to protest is more important than other peoples lives isn't it !

"

I would suggest the freedom to protest is more important than most things.. Lives even.. Let's face it lives have been lost in the past over the right to protest haven't they?

couple, us we him her.

"I say let them protest, let them spread covid between themselves, then let them go home and take covid to their families, let the take it to their places of work, and let their work mates take it home to their families etc etc.

I would suggest the freedom to protest is more important than most things.. Lives even.. Let's face it lives have been lost in the past over the right to protest haven't they? "

I think you need to have a good long look in the mirror mate if you think the right to protest is more important than people's lives.

Give head a wobble.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"The irony is those protesting and rioting against the lockdown could end up actively prolonging it"

Nottingham

I would suggest the freedom to protest is more important than most things.. Lives even.. Let's face it lives have been lost in the past over the right to protest haven't they?

I think you need to have a good long look in the mirror mate if you think the right to protest is more important than people's lives.

Give head a wobble."

Seconded.

M

in Lancashire

I would suggest the freedom to protest is more important than most things.. Lives even.. Let's face it lives have been lost in the past over the right to protest haven't they? "

They were allowed to protest..

They are not protesting about the right to do so etc so to suggest what you have is bizarre..

Tbh if they were to protest as others have done abiding by the current situation they could stand all day but whilst some have genuine concerns as do others some went to simply have a year up with the police, they deserve what they get..

By *oobloverEEMan  over a year ago

birmingham

1. I had COVID and would not wish it on anyone

2. People have died from covid it’s not a nice death ask any ICU units

3. I was ill for over 3 weeks lost , sense of smell hearing and taste, couldn’t eat and was so lethargic, coughing all the time. How lucky I am I’m alive many are not , they paid the ultimate price having COVID

Just a few facts to showing that the so called assembly of people who were together at the assembly are in a minority and the majority of people want all to be safe and be protected and at the moment 30 million have had their vaccination.in total there is a expected 70 million to vaccinated and I add playing their part in ridding of covid so all can get back to near normal life , not forgetting how many people have died and of the NHS and other emergency worker who to have paid the ultimate price in keeping us safe . Back to the gathering of people.

1. On August 27th 2020 regulations were made amend health protection to bring in to law that it is a illegal offence from the 28th that to organise and facilitate a gathering of 30 people unless a exception applies.

2. A protest is a expression or declaration of objection, disapproval, or dissent, often in opposition to something a person is powerless to PREVENT or AVOID

3. A riot is a violent disorder specifically: tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together acting with common intent of public violence tumult, disorder or a random or disorderly profusion i,e large quantities of something.People in this case

So that said if you speed it’s against the law

If you don’t have car tax or insurance it’s against the law , if you drink and drive it’s against the law and we all abide these laws and know the consequences of punishment.

As do all who break these rules and there should be no exceptions , it is often said the minority always want to change the majority, I personally agree there should be debate on all but I’m afraid they have lost this argument on all accounts

Thanks for the NHS and thanks for reading

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

I see they've targeted the police station and officers in Bristol. Really so sad, no sides on the police, but can you imagine being in the middle of it, must be terrifying

"I see they've targeted the police station and officers in Bristol. Really so sad, no sides on the police, but can you imagine being in the middle of it, must be terrifying"
It's BLM so it's ok police just watch and media turn their backs, just another peaceful protest. Only anti lockdown protesters spread the virus so nothing to worry about.

By *-spotterMan  over a year ago

London

Looks like in Bristol they're wearing masks..

upton wirral

"Looks like in Bristol they're wearing masks.."
Bristol is discusting I hope people get sent to prison that is just causing trouble and will mean anti protest laws will be enforced more,these are just anarchists

Didn't read the thread properly, thought it said Rios in London over Lockdown

By *-spotterMan  over a year ago

London

"Didn't read the thread properly, thought it said Rios in London over Lockdown"

What? Rio's has a new branch in Bristol?!

» Add a new message to this topic