FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Social Distancing to Last for Years

Social Distancing to Last for Years

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is according to Mary Ramsay of Public Health England

She says It will be around in the UK until worldwide vaccinations have been done.

If that happens it will be the death knell for pubs clubs theatres and all the rest

And if it happens my feeling is people will widely ignore it. I certainly will.

We have had if for a year - I doubt we will put up with it for years more after most people have been vaccinated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I might just go sit in a corner and cry

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s not the pubs and clubs for me, more the prospect of not being allowed to meet potential dates or meets! People not allowed to mix in their own homes.

As a single woman this year has been awful

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

The mask continuing to be worn on transport, shops doesn’t surprise me at all.

Only time will tell how long it lasts elsewhere, what sd they put in place. I have a concert rearranged to October and if it goes ahead fully expect to have to wear a mask.

I imagine they will be in place for the whole of this year, as we continue to vaccinate the country.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

A headline statement but probably on public transport for years especially on planes,supermarket etc.Be nothing like it is now

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I want to see details before judging.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

It won’t be in place as it is for years imo.

However, it’ll be in place for people travelling for a considerable period of time.

There’s no point getting it to a point of being under control here and then letting people travelling to other places and come back unchecked/unhindered (just as other places didn’t want people from here going there Willy nilly during our last peaks).

People are going to have to accept that travel, especially non-essential international travel, is going to be very different for a long time.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Well the vaccine wars are going to be starting soon so don't hold your breath on the world being vaccinated...

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"The mask continuing to be worn on transport, shops doesn’t surprise me at all.

Only time will tell how long it lasts elsewhere, what sd they put in place. I have a concert rearranged to October and if it goes ahead fully expect to have to wear a mask.

I imagine they will be in place for the whole of this year, as we continue to vaccinate the country. "

There is talk of a vaccine pass to be implemented for large venues, you have prove that you have been vaccinated, or had a recent negative covid test.

Coventry

Also, she was very specifically talking about crowded places.

the June 21st part four thingy is about all restriction being lifted.. and on or just before this date a scientific review into a relaxation of social distancing will take place on how that final piece of the jigsaw will be put in place. Social distancing is not normal but its becoming so and i believe it very detrimental to society. Basic hygiene needs to be upheld but also the right to protest, the right to dance, to sing, to love, to hug and to fuck.. with due care

d x

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"The mask continuing to be worn on transport, shops doesn’t surprise me at all.

I imagine they will be in place for the whole of this year, as we continue to vaccinate the country.

There is talk of a vaccine pass to be implemented for large venues, you have prove that you have been vaccinated, or had a recent negative covid test."

It’s talk at the moment, will have to wait what gets decided over the next 3/4 months. Either way wearing a mask for certain situations doesn’t bother me.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"This is according to Mary Ramsay of Public Health England

She says It will be around in the UK until worldwide vaccinations have been done.

If that happens it will be the death knell for pubs clubs theatres and all the rest

We have had if for a year - I doubt we will put up with it for years more after most people have been vaccinated."

I think that this is bound to happen.. Though restrictions will seem less

For example Covid free/ testing on the door entrance to pubs and clubs

Vaccine passports carried by everyone in some way

Will mean we can do some of the things we did before but not all

The only people it will impact are people who refuse to prove they are vaccinated or Covid free

Anyone else should be fine

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Realistically, the Covid crisis is going to last for a VERY long time; vaccination in the UK is currently first class, but the EU's attitude is probably going to retard this process very significantly.

I had a pessimistic outlook from the outset, but this latest announcement from Public Health is worrying; I have envisaged a return to normal life early in 2022, but now....probably not!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Well the vaccine wars are going to be starting soon so don't hold your breath on the world being vaccinated..."
What wars?It is between us and the bloody EU will will have vaccinated the rest of the world while they are still pissing around,have to further for holidays be safer

Manchester (she/her)

I can imagine wearing a mask on public transport and in supermarkets from now on, in winter at least, as a flu mitigation strategy. Hopefully masking won't be more than that beyond the summer, or summer plus dealing with current variants

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

If you listen to what is said , even if you are vaccinated you can’t go abroad in case you bring back a new variation of virus that our vaccine can’t cope with...... well that means NEVER going abroad again for anyone.

This virus is not going to disappear!

I don’t wear masks now and think we should all stop wearing them in June for sure !

How on earth is anyone meant to form a relationship if you follow the rules?

The rules need to end !

By *redy81Man  over a year ago

London

She also said:

"people have got used to those lower-level restrictions now, and people can live with them, and the economy can still go on with those less severe restrictions in place"

NO, NO, NO, fucking no!!!! That`s why I always said, everyone should refuse to even use the phrase "new normal". Social distancing is not bloody normal in any way, it`s something that sadly we must do now, but once the vaccine will be available for everyone, it has to be stopped, and we must be free!

If mess vaccination is not enough, then nothing will be enough. So fuck off. This is not a bloody life, what we have now. I haven`t seen a pussy for over a year, I pass the last year of my thirties without a single nightout or holiday. I`m working bloody hard to get a good life, and I wont accept that to be taken away from me anymore.

Maybe this woman is happy to cover her face, but I want to see smiles on the street, I want to go dancing to nightclubs, rock festivals, I want one night stands, and I want to go to swinger clubs to shag with girls I never met before.

I gave 1,5 years of my life to fight this virus, I`ll wait until the promised deadline, even 1-2 month more, until the end of summer - if vaccination may slow down a bit. But once everyone had a chance in this country to get the jab, I won't give a shit anymore.

If it`s dangerous for my own health, I won't care. If it`s dangerous for others - sorry, but I don`t care either. Sorry.

If you fear to live your life coz you might die, you`ve already died.

So don`t talk bollox, dear Mary Ramsey. I`m glad I haven't read this shit a few days earlier, I`d have to go to the weekend protests for sure!

Coventry

"If you listen to what is said , even if you are vaccinated you can’t go abroad in case you bring back a new variation of virus that our vaccine can’t cope with...... well that means NEVER going abroad again for anyone.

I don’t wear masks now and think we should all stop wearing them in June for sure !

The rules need to end ! "

It doesn’t mean that at all.

It means not going to countries until they’ve got their outbreaks under control.

It’s very likely travel will be reinstated to different places at different times. So you’ll be able to go to places A, B and C relatively soon because their vaccine programme is well under way and transmission risks are low. But places D and E will be further down the line.

The more people ignore it, travel and spread it round the more mutations there are going to be and the longer it’s going to be a problem for.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

People are going to have to accept that travel, especially non-essential international travel, is going to be very different for a long time."

I suspect that how 'essential' travel is will depend on how much money you have.

I live under the executive jet approach path to Biggin hill from the various tax havens and bullion vaults.

Travel already is very different. Biggin is often busier than Gatwick!

London

[Removed by poster at 21/03/21 23:33:52]

London

"It doesn’t mean that at all.It means not going to countries until they’ve got their outbreaks under control. "

So she should have said this then. I assume someone who is a doctor in such a high position, should be able to express herself cleary.

She said, as people are seemingly okay with social distancing, let`s continue.

I used to call anti lockdown protesters and rioters fucking idiots. Now I do apologize, they`re all right.

My only hope that this woman doesn`t hold any real power to make decisions. If does, count me in to the next riot.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"If you listen to what is said , even if you are vaccinated you can’t go abroad in case you bring back a new variation of virus that our vaccine can’t cope with...... well that means NEVER going abroad again for anyone.

The rules need to end ! "

It is people who don't wear masks now that are going to prevent the virus being under control by June, and are causing the danger that it might never be brought under control.

Yes, even somebody that is vaccinated might bring back a new variation from abroad, but this does not mean no foreign travel ever. It means no foreign travel initially without biosecurity measures on return, and certainly not to any country where the virus is still running wild. As we reach the stage where covid is clearly under control and dropped to negligible level in this country, travel will get easier to other countries that similarly have covid under control. If flare ups in other countries occur, or other new diseases arise, then biosecurity measures will have to be tightened once more.

Now that we have vaccines, and the technology to enhance those vaccines if necessary, the biggest danger to the plan for reducing the rules is the people that think the rules do not apply to them.

Do not expect global travel to ever return to being as easy as it was. People keep saying "but countries cannot afford to lose tourist income". It is the attitude of most governments last year that "we cannot afford to lose hundreds of millions in travel income" that has led to every one of those governments in fact losing hundreds of billions, a worldwide loss of many trillions. I think that even the stupidest government will be realising now that what they certainly cannot afford is a repeat of the last twelve months, and if that means continuing controls on travel, then there will be continuing controls on travel regardless of the bleating of the populace.

How on earth is anyone meant to form a relationship if you follow the rules? It's more a question of how on earth will we ever reach the point where people can form relationships again, if people do NOT follow the rules!!

Coventry

"It doesn’t mean that at all.It means not going to countries until they’ve got their outbreaks under control.

So she should have said this then. I assume someone who is a doctor in such a high position, should be able to express herself cleary.

She said, as people are seemingly okay with social distancing, let`s continue.

I used to call anti lockdown protesters and rioters fucking idiots. Now I do apologize, they`re all right.

My only hope that this woman doesn`t hold any real power to make decisions. If does, count me in to the next riot."

She literally talked about other countries and the impact of their vaccination programmes when it comes to travel.

And she was talking about about crowded areas/large gatherings and masks/social distancing. It’s not rocket science to think that in very crowded places care will have to be taken for more time to come.

"I might just go sit in a corner and cry "

Can I join you? This is just gone way past being depressing

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I saw a clip on the news about the floods in Australia and no one there was wearing a mask.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Dutch have been researching music festivals, allowing huge volumes of people in, to drink, dance etc - people are given different social distancing instructions and monitored via tech.

They're researching the results, to hope that they can reopen larger events, seeing the results of any infections - if any - being spread.

It's better for us to get to know what effects people gathering has and especially to know the safer ways to do it. It's going to be safer to have some restrictions when issues are starting again. I think some people will be a bit reluctant to race back in to the old normal, so there'll be some natural constraints.

Manchester (she/her)

"I saw a clip on the news about the floods in Australia and no one there was wearing a mask. "

They've got Covid under control there and are not letting anyone in without managed quarantine.

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

Hey, the EU is a good thing.

Look at what AstraZeneca's Pascal Soriot has said.

"Europe said the vaccine is common good and everybody needs to get access at the same time globally. That's what we are doing. Europe is getting 17 percent of our global supply for a month for 5 percent of the world population. The problem is: 100 million doses is a lot, but we have 7,5 billion people in the world".

Coventry

"I saw a clip on the news about the floods in Australia and no one there was wearing a mask. "

I wonder why...

Manchester (she/her)

"I saw a clip on the news about the floods in Australia and no one there was wearing a mask.

I wonder why..."

I think something like one case in two months, from quarantine.

London

" And she was talking about about crowded areas/large gatherings and masks/social distancing. It’s not rocket science to think that in very crowded places care will have to be taken for more time to come. "

That`s what I talk about too. Night clubs, concerts, music festivals, not to mention swinger clubs. According to that what she said, they can be closed for years. Fuck no!

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I might just go sit in a corner and cry

Can I join you? This is just gone way past being depressing "

Im going to stop reading people's doom and gloom. I've had the jab and looking forward to 2nd one, determined to get some normality back. I have asthma and don't have to wear a mask but I choose to wear one to protect myself..... Rant over

Can I join you? This is just gone way past being depressing Im going to stop reading people's doom and gloom. I've had the jab and looking forward to 2nd one, determined to get some normality back. I have asthma and don't have to wear a mask but I choose to wear one to protect myself..... Rant over"

I'm just very scared and it's going to be a while until I get my jab as supplies are running low in Scotland. Glad you've had your jab and are ok x

Coventry

"I saw a clip on the news about the floods in Australia and no one there was wearing a mask.

I wonder why...

I think something like one case in two months, from quarantine."

Almost as if it works

Manchester (she/her)

I wonder why...

I think something like one case in two months, from quarantine.

Almost as if it works"

My family (in Australia, unaffected by the floods) have been on a plane sight seeing recently

"The Dutch have been researching music festivals, allowing huge volumes of people in, to drink, dance etc - people are given different social distancing instructions and monitored via tech.

They're researching the results, to hope that they can reopen larger events, seeing the results of any infections - if any - being spread.

It's better for us to get to know what effects people gathering has and especially to know the safer ways to do it. It's going to be safer to have some restrictions when issues are starting again. I think some people will be a bit reluctant to race back in to the old normal, so there'll be some natural constraints. "

I was just reading about this. It looks promising.

Testing before the event would be good.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

We have had if for a year - I doubt we will put up with it for years more after most people have been vaccinated."

It may nog exist in the same way it does now, but it wouldn't be the first time our lives have been affected following on from a global crisis.

We still have all the extra security at airports, limits on fluids, extra security checks both physical and providing passenger details to destination countries, which we have now accepted as the norm.

Manchester (she/her)

We have had if for a year - I doubt we will put up with it for years more after most people have been vaccinated.

It may nog exist in the same way it does now, but it wouldn't be the first time our lives have been affected following on from a global crisis.

We still have all the extra security at airports, limits on fluids, extra security checks both physical and providing passenger details to destination countries, which we have now accepted as the norm."

Yes. September 11 changed a lot, now it's normal.

So too we'll move forward from this, changed.

Coventry

" And she was talking about about crowded areas/large gatherings and masks/social distancing. It’s not rocket science to think that in very crowded places care will have to be taken for more time to come.

That`s what I talk about too. Night clubs, concerts, music festivals, not to mention swinger clubs. According to that what she said, they can be closed for years. Fuck no!"

She didn’t say they’d be closed for years.

She said we’d have to be careful as we open things up and take other countries status into account.

So we will likely have to wear masks at large events for a while. People will have to isolate after travel to certain places. People will still need to isolate if they have symptoms.

She didn’t say everything would be closed for years.

stafford

Were they wearing wellies tho?.

Manchester (she/her)

Were they wearing wellies tho?. "

Lol

London

" Yes. September 11 changed a lot, now it's normal.

So too we'll move forward from this, changed."

From my point of view, they`re not even similar. Extra security measures in airports can be a bit uncomfortable, but don`t compare it with banning the proper social life for years/forever...

I feel sorry for myself not being able to enjoy my life as i used to, but if I think about those who are 18-20 now... They`ve lost a lot, what never comes back. Uni life, freshers parties, etc.

Or think about little child. As a kid, we used to see smiling faces, learned how humans interact and express their feelings. What these kids get? No smiles, no hugs. It can be at least that damaging for the future of the society.

And yes, I still think about myself too, I want to go out and shag!!!

Manchester (she/her)

" Yes. September 11 changed a lot, now it's normal.

So too we'll move forward from this, changed.

From my point of view, they`re not even similar. Extra security measures in airports can be a bit uncomfortable, but don`t compare it with banning the proper social life for years/forever...

I feel sorry for myself not being able to enjoy my life as i used to, but if I think about those who are 18-20 now... They`ve lost a lot, what never comes back. Uni life, freshers parties, etc.

Or think about little child. As a kid, we used to see smiling faces, learned how humans interact and express their feelings. What these kids get? No smiles, no hugs. It can be at least that damaging for the future of the society.

And yes, I still think about myself too, I want to go out and shag!!!"

No one has said things will be exactly as they are for years.

I'm sure the damage done to families who've lost relatives or had relatives with long term effects from Covid is not insignificant.

And the incursion on freedoms with laws after September 11 was huge.

London

" So we will likely have to wear masks at large events for a while. People will have to isolate after travel to certain places. People will still need to isolate if they have symptoms. She didn’t say everything would be closed for years."

As we are on a swingers website, how does a swinger party works if we want to be socially distanced and wearing a mask?

Or how should I know which girl I want to approach in a dance club if all that I see are masks?

After a year without one single shag, these are very important problems for me.

London

" No one has said things will be exactly as they are for years. "

Mary Ramsey said, that`s what this topic is all about. Technically she said, as people seem to be okay with it, social distancing is likely to stay for years. Which makes dance parties/swinger parties impossible to happen.

This virus won`t disappear, probably ever. If mess vaccination is not enough, then nothing will be enough, ever. So the question is; are we okay with giving up many great things of our life forever?

If not, that will probably cost some lives. Definitely not that much that these days, but potentially some. Hate me, but i will still choose to go back to normal after vaccination.

If you drive a car, that much potentially can cause lung cancer and death for some. Do you drive/use taxis?

Manchester (she/her)

" No one has said things will be exactly as they are for years.

Mary Ramsey said, that`s what this topic is all about. Technically she said, as people seem to be okay with it, social distancing is likely to stay for years. Which makes dance parties/swinger parties impossible to happen.

This virus won`t disappear, probably ever. If mess vaccination is not enough, then nothing will be enough, ever. So the question is; are we okay with giving up many great things of our life forever?

If not, that will probably cost some lives. Definitely not that much that these days, but potentially some. Hate me, but i will still choose to go back to normal after vaccination.

If you drive a car, that much potentially can cause lung cancer and death for some. Do you drive/use taxis?"

You're extrapolating a lot from very little.

And no, I do not drive and I do not use taxis. Hope this helps.

Y'know looking at it in perspective

What's the issue?

So, some people may have to endure a restricted social life and apparently can't cope with that ?

Their argument seemingly that its a restriction on their civil liberties ?

Really?

Try living in a real autocratic regime where you don't get a say or a vote in changing your rulers

Many have lost relatives and livelihoods from this epidemic globally

I don't think anyone wants a repeat of that, or to listen to pseudo science

So what if we have to wait a bit longer ?

Go ahead and "riot" - it's your right of course to act in your own self interest

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"... we have a right to freedom of movement (in & out of our country) ..."

Actually, you have zero right to freedom of movement out of our country. Some countries may CHOOSE TO ALLOW you to travel to them, but you have no RIGHT to go there. Up until January 1st 2020 you did indeed have a RIGHT to travel to 27 other countries on our doorstep. But with Brexit the United Kingdom gave up that right, and now merely has an agreement allowing limited visiting, which can be denied to any individual for a whole host of reasons, and can be put on hold or cancelled at any time. Travel of United Kingdom subjects to pretty well anywhere in the world now relies on having permission from the country you would like to visit...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

A Conservative Govt is trying to bring in Communism?! Jacob R-M would spontaneously combust

London

"And no, I do not drive and I do not use taxis. Hope this helps."

Respect for that! Me neither. But I will go out and party latest in September. Legally or illegally, I don`t care. Night.

Manchester (she/her)

"A Conservative Govt is trying to bring in Communism?! Jacob R-M would spontaneously combust "

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"... we have a right to freedom of movement (in & out of our country) ...

Actually, you have zero right to freedom of movement out of our country. Some countries may CHOOSE TO ALLOW you to travel to them, but you have no RIGHT to go there. Up until January 1st 2020 you did indeed have a RIGHT to travel to 27 other countries on our doorstep. But with Brexit the United Kingdom gave up that right, and now merely has an agreement allowing limited visiting, which can be denied to any individual for a whole host of reasons, and can be put on hold or cancelled at any time. Travel of United Kingdom subjects to pretty well anywhere in the world now relies on having permission from the country you would like to visit..."

rubbish...what is an asylum seeker then?

you have every right to leave your country and yes, as you said another country can deny you access but you can still leave.

The problem with us is we can't unless you have a boat or a plane available to your person due to being an island. most places in the world are not and therefore easier to leave if you wish....plus no one said these were easy to do.

If you are stateless well you can go wherever as you are bound by no countries laws and a citizen of none (does get you into bother with officials though cos they don't like it and often has horrible human rights abuses)

however agree, holidays abroad are luxury and not essential by any means, far to many do it and it causes so much damage with pollution (fast fashion, disposable items, air etc)

Coventry

" No one has said things will be exactly as they are for years.

If you drive a car, that much potentially can cause lung cancer and death for some. Do you drive/use taxis?"

She didn’t say that things would be closed for years. She didn’t say it at all.

London

" So what if we have to wait a bit longer ?

Go ahead and "riot" - it's your right of course to act in your own self interest

"

Bit longer? I`ve been behaving myself for over a year, but a senior government officer just said clearly, it can last for further years. Regardless of vaccination.

Whether she is stupid and can`t express herself properly, or we are in deep shit.

And yes, the time will come when I and many will act for our self-interest, especially if they prove to us that there is no solution for this pandemic anyway. Giving up our life can`t be a solution.

London

[Removed by poster at 22/03/21 01:00:47]

London

"She didn’t say that things would be closed for years. She didn’t say it at all."

I know, English is not my native language, so I rather checked it again, might I misunderstand something.

The title on BBC: "Covid: Masks and social distancing 'could last years'"

Quote from Mary Ramsay: "people have got used to those lower-level restrictions now, and people can live with them, and the economy can still go on with those less severe restrictions in place."

I didn`t say, you won`t be able to get a pint in a socially distanced pub, or buy a pair of trainers at SportsDirect.

I said that it`s true that this lunatic said today, then

(A): we can forget proper social life or parties for years.

(B): We`ll need to break the law.

I`ll behave until the summer, then go with "B".

Manchester (she/her)

"She didn’t say that things would be closed for years. She didn’t say it at all.

I know, English is not my native language, so I rather checked it again, might I misunderstand something.

The title on BBC: "Covid: Masks and social distancing 'could last years'"

Quote from Mary Ramsay: "people have got used to those lower-level restrictions now, and people can live with them, and the economy can still go on with those less severe restrictions in place."

I didn`t say, you won`t be able to get a pint in a socially distanced pub, or buy a pair of trainers at SportsDirect.

I said that it`s true that this lunatic said today, then

(A): we can forget proper social life or parties for years.

(B): We`ll need to break the law.

I`ll behave until the summer, then go with "B"."

What she said was that some restrictions may need to remain. Conditional. Maybe. And some restrictions.

Not that all social activities and parties will be banned.

She's also not a government minister and it's not law.

As I say, you're extrapolating an awful lot from very little.

And I'm sorry you believe your desire to party outweighs an international catastrophe.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I think the police cars in Bristol set on fire and burnt out will send a message to the Govt from the people

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Can I join you? This is just gone way past being depressing Im going to stop reading people's doom and gloom. I've had the jab and looking forward to 2nd one, determined to get some normality back. I have asthma and don't have to wear a mask but I choose to wear one to protect myself..... Rant over"

Urrrr but a mask doesn’t protect you !!

Really?

On the road to a totalitarian state are we?

With a free press?

Independent judiciary?

And local and govt elections?

Unfettered internet?

Total BS ...

you're being asked to restrict your oh, so important social life in the interests of public health for a bit

No ones taking away your right to vote or gob off

After a year you still can't accept this?

This country is made up partially of children and adults that behave like children

"A Conservative Govt is trying to bring in Communism?! Jacob R-M would spontaneously combust "

lol this is the image in my head too.. fascist possibly, communist never

d

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

I think the police cars in Bristol set on fire and burnt out will send a message to the Govt from the people

"

The only message it sends is that we have a minority of idiots who are hell bent of causing trouble no matter what. Their so called protest was nothing to do with the right to protest or free speech it was pure thuggery.

"the June 21st part four thingy is about all restriction being lifted.. and on or just before this date a scientific review into a relaxation of social distancing will take place on how that final piece of the jigsaw will be put in place. Social distancing is not normal but its becoming so and i believe it very detrimental to society. Basic hygiene needs to be upheld but also the right to protest, the right to dance, to sing, to love, to hug and to fuck.. with due care

d x"

Common sense in the Virus forum?

You'll get yourself banned!

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Really?

With a free press?

Independent judiciary?

Unfettered internet?

Total BS ...

you're being asked to restrict your oh, so important social life in the interests of public health for a bit

This country is made up partially of children and adults that behave like children "

We've spent a year "accepting" only to be told that the strategies and predictive models were wrong.

By all means roll over and play subservient to these select few scientists, thats your right; but also beware in mind that there's an awful lot more out their with conflicting opinions and views that also have the right to question the science.

stafford

"Really?

With a free press?

Independent judiciary?

Unfettered internet?

Total BS ...

This country is made up partially of children and adults that behave like children "

Actually the problem is I think we are on the way to a totalitarian state and we are absolutely losing a lot of the rights and privileges people fought for for so long to get

What isn't helping that is a bunch of kids who think it fun to join a protest just because it gets them out of the house which then ruins the intended purpose completely

The right to peaceful protest and the ability / facilty to be able to complain / moan or gripe about the governemnt is I would argue really strongly .. very important ! and we can not lose it.. hopefully the little tossers will shut up and let the adults who care about this sort of thing let their voices be heard .. hopefully!

Manchester (she/her)

"Really?

With a free press?

Independent judiciary?

Unfettered internet?

Total BS ...

This country is made up partially of children and adults that behave like children

Actually the problem is I think we are on the way to a totalitarian state and we are absolutely losing a lot of the rights and privileges people fought for for so long to get

What isn't helping that is a bunch of kids who think it fun to join a protest just because it gets them out of the house which then ruins the intended purpose completely

The right to peaceful protest and the ability / facilty to be able to complain / moan or gripe about the governemnt is I would argue really strongly .. very important ! and we can not lose it.. hopefully the little tossers will shut up and let the adults who care about this sort of thing let their voices be heard .. hopefully!

"

Yes. How do we be heard and make a difference without merely kicking off?

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well it will be around forever now and all down to human greed in the end as we are all guilty of wanting it now and anyone who pops up offering more of them same but even more and then more on top and cheaper !! we cannot avoid the consequences that will occur ?? and the old adage of ..what happens over there is sadly never so true and we will have to learn to deal with it and the cost of it for many many many years to come and acting out like it isn't our fault ?? our ever more increasing demands and then to see the lot in charge acting all surprised ?? it's not like they weren't warned is it ?? year after year after year they never heeded the warnings and we were encouraged to deny the "Experts" as they were just "Scare mongering " or "Merchants of Doooooooom " but we'll adapt and survive and then without any doubt carry on regardless as they who rule soothe our collective sweaty worried brows and murmur sweet nothings as they empty our pockets and do away with our rights !

» Add a new message to this topic