FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 21 June optimistic ?

21 June optimistic ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I fear so.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Keep that fear going

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Should be lifting the restrictions now, not in june. Half the country vaccinated, we're told that were doing this lockdown to protect the NHS, then it's to protect the vulnerable. Now what's it for?

Well be sorting the damage from these lockdowns for at least 20 years. Not just economically, but the mental and health toll.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We'll get a clearer perspective closer to that stage. Next week has lifting of restrictions on groups. April has pubs etc open.

The effects from those and any other changes happening can only be guessed at.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'd be very surprised if social distancing restrictions are lifted in June, if at all this year.

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

I've heard social distancing n face masks are here for much longer past June possibly till next yr

"We'll get a clearer perspective closer to that stage. Next week has lifting of restrictions on groups. April has pubs etc open.

The effects from those and any other changes happening can only be guessed at. "

Pubs reopening last summer didn’t cause a spike in cases without the added benefit of the vaccination program.

21st June I fear is threatened by the worldwide COVID variants and the uncertainty of the vaccination supply. If masks and social distancing is still mandatory then all clubs will remain closed. Look out for private parties springing up for vaccinated swingers.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Should be lifting the restrictions now, not in june. Half the country vaccinated, we're told that were doing this lockdown to protect the NHS, then it's to protect the vulnerable. Now what's it for?

Well be sorting the damage from these lockdowns for at least 20 years. Not just economically, but the mental and health toll. "

I totally agree

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Should be lifting the restrictions now, not in june. Half the country vaccinated, we're told that were doing this lockdown to protect the NHS, then it's to protect the vulnerable. Now what's it for?

Well be sorting the damage from these lockdowns for at least 20 years. Not just economically, but the mental and health toll. "

Totally agree. Be an entirely different story if Boris and co lived in a two bed house with 3 kids and a tiny garden.

0.4% of the population were at risk of death from covid, all of those have been vaccinated now, plus over 50% of the country had at least one jab with an efficacy of around 80%. Seems to me that they're looking at eradication rather than containment.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I've heard social distancing n face masks are here for much longer past June possibly till next yr"

But where did you hear it? I heard "no sooner than 21st June, all restrictions would be lifted"

Cal

"I fear so. "

I hope not. I have a bottomless brunch booked for the weekend after the 21st

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Wrong we need to prevent another lockdown

I guess we’ll just have to see what this new wave spreading across Europe brings to our shores and how it’ll effect the situation

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I guess we’ll just have to see what this new wave spreading across Europe brings to our shores and how it’ll effect the situation "

This

The vast majority of the at risk group have now had at least one jab already. I swear if all this “third wave hitting our shores” talk is Boris sowing seeds for another lockdown based on some bulkshit variant I honestly don’t know how I’ll react. Well, ignoring the rules will be a given anyway

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Well be sorting the damage from these lockdowns for at least 20 years. Not just economically, but the mental and health toll.

I totally agree "

We totally agree also

I'm starting to agree

liverpool

Well be sorting the damage from these lockdowns for at least 20 years. Not just economically, but the mental and health toll. Wrong we need to prevent another lockdown"

How is it going to be necessary to lockdown if 98% of the at risk groups are vaccinated ?

Dont say mutant strain because that's a load of bollox.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I totally agree

We totally agree also "

My concern is that there will come a point (if it hasn't been passed already) where the damage caused by lockdowns and restrictions causes more fatalities and illness than covid itself.

By *aralewisCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Wake up where being lied to the government cant help themselves and while people never question or rebel they will do as they please

If we are meant to be out of lockdown before September where is furlough scheme still running

Whhile they brag about all old and vulnerable people will have been vaccinated

Having another spuke ksnt a problem because youve had your vaccine

Just think about it

By *om-needs-good-girlMan  over a year ago

x

"I've heard social distancing n face masks are here for much longer past June possibly till next yr

But where did you hear it? I heard "no sooner than 21st June, all restrictions would be lifted"

Cal"

There is a massive document released by government along with the road map, read it. It even says lots of ifs and but and also mitigating measures such as SD and Masks at wedding etc when they are allowed to happen so the work won’t be the same and we will stil has to be very careful especially with variants.

Scunthorpe

"I've heard social distancing n face masks are here for much longer past June possibly till next yr

Cal

-------

There is a massive document released by government along with the road map, read it. It even says lots of ifs and but and also mitigating measures such as SD and Masks at wedding etc when they are allowed to happen so the work won’t be the same and we will stil has to be very careful especially with variants.

"

That's right, it is all about working towards lifting the restrictions completely whilst not increasing the infection rate.

Cal

There is a 3rd wave of the virus spreading across Europe and sure as eggs are eggs we will be hit with the virus again. The idiots who are gathering in protests and riots are not helping the brilliant efforts being made by the NHS to get get everyone vaccinated and create a safer place for us all. This coronavirus has no boundaries and does not discriminate in who it infects. If this nation needs to have any lockdown in force to try and defeat the virus then so be it.

I, like many others, am fed up of my life being restricted for so long but I realise that there is a very good reason for such.

Surely another few months of missing out on holidays and going to the pub for a drink

For a few months more is worth it rather than risk more deaths?

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Why the rush its been 12 months,

Just wait until July a lot more people will have been vaccinated and had the second one we can also keep a eye on the rise of covid abroad

"Why the rush its been 12 months,

Just wait until July a lot more people will have been vaccinated and had the second one we can also keep a eye on the rise of covid abroad "

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

I totally agree

We totally agree also

My concern is that there will come a point (if it hasn't been passed already) where the damage caused by lockdowns and restrictions causes more fatalities and illness than covid itself."

Bet the bbc won’t give a daily numbers count of that though....

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I totally agree

We totally agree also

My concern is that there will come a point (if it hasn't been passed already) where the damage caused by lockdowns and restrictions causes more fatalities and illness than covid itself.

Bet the bbc won’t give a daily numbers count of that though.... "

Mainly because it would be very difficult to quantify.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Cal"

Oh I heard “as soon as I stop speaking, it’s all over.”

Not the only one either....and for clarity, I didn’t.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

[Removed by poster at 23/03/21 07:39:52]

By *mbisextrousCouple  over a year ago

Manchester/Glossop

Don’t you people get it ..?

Look how we’ve gone it the last 8 weeks from 1000’s of deaths to the 20’s in just that amount of time, we were at this point in Aug-Sept last year and look what happened then so slow and steady wins the race we are nearly there this time

stafford

"I fear so. "

Absolutely.. Think the rose tinted lenses are coming off now and people are seeing the real situation.

I would say October maybe November before things change and even then masks and new SD measures for pubs and clubs etc for a while after that too unfortunately

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Wake up where being lied to the government cant help themselves and while people never question or rebel they will do as they please

If we are meant to be out of lockdown before September where is furlough scheme still running

Just think about it

"

Makes no sense lol

#learntowrite

"Don’t you people get it ..?

Look how we’ve gone it the last 8 weeks from 1000’s of deaths to the 20’s in just that amount of time, we were at this point in Aug-Sept last year and look what happened then so slow and steady wins the race we are nearly there this time "

stafford

"There is a 3rd wave of the virus spreading across Europe and sure as eggs are eggs we will be hit with the virus again. The idiots who are gathering in protests and riots are not helping the brilliant efforts being made by the NHS to get get everyone vaccinated and create a safer place for us all. This coronavirus has no boundaries and does not discriminate in who it infects. If this nation needs to have any lockdown in force to try and defeat the virus then so be it.

I, like many others, am fed up of my life being restricted for so long but I realise that there is a very good reason for such.

Surely another few months of missing out on holidays and going to the pub for a drink

For a few months more is worth it rather than risk more deaths? "

Just want to raise a point here.. The ' idiots' as you call them absolutely are /were. However, they weren't many in numbers.

If you watch and read media that is true and not sensationalist you will see that a huge number of peaceful protestors were wearing face coverings and doing their best to be at least Covid safe

That protest is important and necessary and will get bigger in the next few months once people realise what it means.

Sadly the youth, the plastic anarchists and airy fairy hippies and right in radicals ruined something and played directly into the hands of a government currently doing all they can to steal our freedoms on a permanent not temporary basis..

Tell the truth, print the truth and above all be honest..

Don't believe the hype!

"There is a 3rd wave of the virus spreading across Europe and sure as eggs are eggs we will be hit with the virus again. The idiots who are gathering in protests and riots are not helping the brilliant efforts being made by the NHS to get get everyone vaccinated and create a safer place for us all. This coronavirus has no boundaries and does not discriminate in who it infects. If this nation needs to have any lockdown in force to try and defeat the virus then so be it.

Just want to raise a point here.. The ' idiots' as you call them absolutely are /were. However, they weren't many in numbers.

If you watch and read media that is true and not sensationalist you will see that a huge number of peaceful protestors were wearing face coverings and doing their best to be at least Covid safe

That protest is important and necessary and will get bigger in the next few months once people realise what it means.

Sadly the youth, the plastic anarchists and airy fairy hippies and right in radicals ruined something and played directly into the hands of a government currently doing all they can to steal our freedoms on a permanent not temporary basis..

Don't believe the hype! "

Fortunately most people will not believe you either.

We are getting there, don’t want it ruined for the sake of 1 month. Boris be brave, hold us back long enough for us to knock it down low enough to stop that third wave....

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I totally agree

We totally agree also

My concern is that there will come a point (if it hasn't been passed already) where the damage caused by lockdowns and restrictions causes more fatalities and illness than covid itself."

I think you are right but we are not that near to that point yet.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I doubt anything is possible at moment with third wave in most countries and now is a travel ban and fines up to 5k by next week

stafford

Don't believe the hype!

Fortunately most people will not believe you either."

Fortunately ? care to explain why you disagree ?

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

And no one knows anything at all ? well apart from the "Experts" and in the end it will just come down to whatever works to maintain "Power/Control" and sadly most will swallow any measures that they are told are "Needed" to restore this or that ! and remember after the Banking crisis ?? when we were informed that we were going to be just like "Greece" ?? and yet we owe more money now before even "Covid" hit ?? nearly 1 trillion ?? and the same card will be played "Fear" and they'll use all this as a cover for the mess of "Brexit" as well.....more cuts.....more austerity because they do work on the fact that most will forget all about it as long as they ..

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

South of Bideford, Devon

If we will be sorting out the damage for the next 20 years, just a few more months to make things a bit safer, won't matter will it.

Whats 3 months in 20 years.

liverpool

If we will be sorting out the damage for the next 20 years, just a few more months to make things a bit safer, won't matter will it.

"

A lot! Weve been "nearly getting there" for a year with the goal posts constantly moving.

Lockdowns are about control and sneaking in dubious laws not about health.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

A lot! Weve been "nearly getting there" for a year with the goal posts constantly moving.

Lockdowns are about control and sneaking in dubious laws not about health."

Have you kept to the rules in the last 12 months ?

"I've heard social distancing n face masks are here for much longer past June possibly till next yr"

Not so sure about social distancing but face coverings will be here for much longer as there has been no mention of lifting the law on those.

Cal"

Actually thats not whats been reported.

The 21st of June it is proposed that most restrictions could be lifted but then Boris said yesterday that because of the 3ed wave in most of Europe it will be inevitable that we see the affects of that here.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

All the rules put in place could all change come election but for the safety aspects of life

Scunthorpe

Cal

-----

Actually thats not whats been reported.

The 21st of June it is proposed that most restrictions could be lifted but then Boris said yesterday that because of the 3ed wave in most of Europe it will be inevitable that we see the affects of that here. "

But he "DID NOT" say that it put us back in lockdown or that we would have social-distancing for another two years. He said that it is inevitable that it will impact us in some way. The most likely impact will be the ongoing quarantine on entering the country and travel bans... but we will find out when we actually have to deal with it.

Cal

Scunthorpe

Boris has also said that none of the current situations should impact the timings of his "road map"

"Boris has also said that none of the current situations should impact the timings of his "road map""

He also said that about Christmas and schools closing again so he's known to get things wrong!

I will wait until each restriction is lifted and go from there.

Some people stick to the rules others don’t , it’s the others who are prolonged this pandemic, the I won’t wear a mask, I will still meet up with family and friends, there the ones who are stopping us from moving on , they moan they want pubs to open up , yet most have not followed the rules , GROW UP it’s not a game it’s killing people

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

All we can do is watch the 3 key elements, new cases, hospital admissions and deaths, so far they are looking very positive

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The UK vaccination programme in its speed of delivery has been extraordinarily successful, but we are a very long way from exiting the societal restrictions necessary to 'control' this virus.

For the foreseeable future, potentially for years, life as we have known it for the past half century, is over.

Every virus's principal function is to spread to other hosts; that can only be curtailed by vaccinating those hosts or limiting contact between them.

Every government wants to avoid the apocalyptic scenario of exponentially increasing infection rates, overwhelmed health services and unacceptable death rates.

I had the jab in Belfast two weeks ago, and eagerly look forward to my second.

This is the most pervasive crisis we have faced for decades, possibly for centuries; the virologists and epidemiologists know the seriousness of this problem.

Governments are trying to avoid economic and social collapse.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Wake up where being lied to the government cant help themselves and while people never question or rebel they will do as they please

Just think about it

"

The staged relaxation of restrictions should give you much of what you want, doesn't it? The next change is on Monday. You've seen the success of vastly reduced infection levels, hospital admissions etc, by lockdown and vaccination measures? We're reducing the potential for another variant starting here, by reducing the infection levels too, so are giving ourselves a more solid foundation for sustaining lower infection levels that will help to stop further lockdowns.

A year ago we had lockdown 1, when everything was increasing and getting so much worse. We're now in the opposite position, winding down lockdown 3, as things are reducing. I don't think anyone who died as a result of lockdowns being relaxed too quickly last year would recommend that we do the same this time, if they could speak from their wisdom, beyond the grave.

There are still many people who can get infected and could get long covid, potentially affecting them well in to the future. They deserve a better future.

» Add a new message to this topic