FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > I get my 2nd jab today

I get my 2nd jab today

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm excited and nervous, I didn't get ill after the first one, fingers crossed it's the same this time round

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's wonderful for you to have it . I'm guessing that you'll have limited effects, just a little soreness. Keeping stress levels low, whilst your immunity develops, will give you the potential for the strongest immunity levels

"It's wonderful for you to have it . I'm guessing that you'll have limited effects, just a little soreness. Keeping stress levels low, whilst your immunity develops, will give you the potential for the strongest immunity levels "

Ohhh I didn't know that, low stress levels while living with 4 kids in a pandemic = STRESSED but I'll try, fingers crossed x

Mrs

By *easenRaveCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Both of us have had our second vaccine now and have to say we both had less ill effects than the first. The first one gave both of us a really sore arm but didn’t even have that for the second. We are a week past the second now

"Both of us have had our second vaccine now and have to say we both had less ill effects than the first. The first one gave both of us a really sore arm but didn’t even have that for the second. We are a week past the second now "

Thank you for sharing that with me, I'm actually nervous, a bit like I got lucky the first time round, I'm due in at 1:10pm

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm excited and nervous, I didn't get ill after the first one, fingers crossed it's the same this time round "

I was fine with both.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Hey im pleased for you good for you

"Hey im pleased for you good for you "

Thank you hun, I feel very lucky

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I'm excited and nervous, I didn't get ill after the first one, fingers crossed it's the same this time round "
Great pleased for you another six weeks for me and counting

"I'm excited and nervous, I didn't get ill after the first one, fingers crossed it's the same this time round Great pleased for you another six weeks for me and counting"

They system worries me slightly, I had a letter asking me to go along and get my first jab 5 weeks after I'd had it, had I been of a confused state todays vaccine would be my 3rd

By *aughtycrazzyMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

Just had my second jab today also, have seen reports from my collegues that more likey to get some minor side effects after the second jab (sore arm, headache, temp).

Had nothing with the first one (arm ached less than the flu shot), but even if so this time is a sign if the immune system doing its job!

"Just had my second jab today also, have seen reports from my collegues that more likey to get some minor side effects after the second jab (sore arm, headache, temp).

Had nothing with the first one (arm ached less than the flu shot), but even if so this time is a sign if the immune system doing its job! "

Almost 48 hours later, I've been absolutely fine, no side effects at all

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Brilliant

"Brilliant "

Thank you

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Congratulations

"I'm excited and nervous, I didn't get ill after the first one, fingers crossed it's the same this time round Congratulations"

Thank you hunni

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

Good luck

Tynemouth

Mine will be in May,had first one no problems

Tynemouth

Least you will be allowed into the pubs now

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Just had my 2nd. Prepped with paracetamol just in case. 1st one just had a very painful arm for about 24hrs

"Just had my 2nd. Prepped with paracetamol just in case. 1st one just had a very painful arm for about 24hrs"

My arm wasn't as sore 2nd time around. All better and good to go

Claire

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Both of us have had our second vaccine now and have to say we both had less ill effects than the first. The first one gave both of us a really sore arm but didn’t even have that for the second. We are a week past the second now

Thank you for sharing that with me, I'm actually nervous, a bit like I got lucky the first time round, I'm due in at 1:10pm"

I had my second Pfizer yesterday, then worked a 12 hour shift at the site, no ill effects apart from my sore arm, wishing you the same.x

"Both of us have had our second vaccine now and have to say we both had less ill effects than the first. The first one gave both of us a really sore arm but didn’t even have that for the second. We are a week past the second now

Thank you for sharing that with me, I'm actually nervous, a bit like I got lucky the first time round, I'm due in at 1:10pm

I had my second Pfizer yesterday, then worked a 12 hour shift at the site, no ill effects apart from my sore arm, wishing you the same.x"

Same here all fine x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got my first tomorrow

Tynemouth

"Got my first tomorrow "

Good Luck

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've got my 2nd next week and am nervous too x

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I've got my 2nd next week and am nervous too x "

I had my second last Tuesday. Why are you nervous?

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

i got dead arm, aches and abit of an headache for 24 hrs

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I've got my 2nd next week and am nervous too x

I had my second last Tuesday. Why are you nervous?"

I'm not good with injections and this time I know in advance I'm getting it. ( last time it was just, your here.. we have spares.. get it done) x

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I got my second yesterday

Now your all just showing off now.

Lol

At least were getting it. 2nd jab Mayish for me

By *he Hobbit And MeCouple  over a year ago

southampton

The hobbit had her first jab on new years eve and felt fine afterwards and her second jab three weeks ago and just felt tired after that one! Me i had my first jab four weeks ago and felt terrible..

Had my 2nd jab on Wednesday arm a bit sore at the needle point for a couple of days

nottingham

2nd one yesterday. Felt a bit ropey last night so went to bed at 8. Arm not nearly as painful as after 1st one

Had my first 2hrs ago, got a slight headache, and feel a bit tired. But fine apart from that.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I was so unwell with the first I’m a bit nervous for the 2nd. I’m not prone to taking to my bed being ill but I had 3 days of feeling truly awful before it eased. Unlucky I guess.

V x

By *ionadavisonTV/TS  over a year ago

Welwyn Garden City

I had my 1st one yesterday, unable to get out of bed today but worth it x

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Hubby had 2nd one yesterday, no after effects

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

You lucky lot.not even been offerd the first one yet.

Not even had my first jab and with the way things are going not likely to be asked until May for the 1st jab lol

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Not even had my first jab and with the way things are going not likely to be asked until May for the 1st jab lol "
yup that when i likley to be asked problem is by time get an invite think there will be probs getting appointment for first shot as there will be20 odd million due there2nd shot.would be surpised if its before end of june for my first

chelmsford

Yes, they do seem to be concentrating on second jabs now. Hubby had his, 9weeks after the first. Hope you all get jabbed soon

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Getting our 2nd jabs today.

Big shout out to anyone working on the vaccination programme. Most staff up here doing the injections are giving up their own time & not getting paid

We cannot thank them enough for their commitment & support

Deal

"Getting our 2nd jabs today.

Big shout out to anyone working on the vaccination programme. Most staff up here doing the injections are giving up their own time & not getting paid

We cannot thank them enough for their commitment & support "

Same for us down here, 12 hour shifts where we can get 225 people jabbed every hour, that is enough of a reward tbh.x

Same for us down here, 12 hour shifts where we can get 225 people jabbed every hour, that is enough of a reward tbh.x"

That's amazing, Thank you for what you are doing, it wouldn't be possible without you. Thank you, I mean that as well xx Mrs C

Deal

Same for us down here, 12 hour shifts where we can get 225 people jabbed every hour, that is enough of a reward tbh.x

That's amazing, Thank you for what you are doing, it wouldn't be possible without you. Thank you, I mean that as well xx Mrs C "

Ah bless you, the relief of doing the second doses for patients is all the thanks we need, it is the most rewarding thing most of us have ever done.xx

That's amazing, Thank you for what you are doing, it wouldn't be possible without you. Thank you, I mean that as well xx Mrs C

Ah bless you, the relief of doing the second doses for patients is all the thanks we need, it is the most rewarding thing most of us have ever done.xx"

I had my 2nd dose just over a week ago. I cried when I got home, think it was relief, and gratefulnes. It meant so much to me, that it was over and how lucky I am to of had both shots. The staff was all sooooo lovely. My husband is just waiting for his first then we are well on our way. You are brilliant, Thank you xx

chelmsford

Same for us down here, 12 hour shifts where we can get 225 people jabbed every hour, that is enough of a reward tbh.x"

You amazing people, thank you..xx

Deal

Ah bless you, the relief of doing the second doses for patients is all the thanks we need, it is the most rewarding thing most of us have ever done.xx

I had my 2nd dose just over a week ago. I cried when I got home, think it was relief, and gratefulnes. It meant so much to me, that it was over and how lucky I am to of had both shots. The staff was all sooooo lovely. My husband is just waiting for his first then we are well on our way. You are brilliant, Thank you xx"

No need for thanks, just doing our jobs and feeling very privileged to be a small part of the rollout. X

Deal

You amazing people, thank you..xx"

Bless you, we are just normal folk, getting the jab done!xx

Bless you, we are just normal folk, getting the jab done!xx"

Wow, no you aren't, you are rolling a life saving miracle vaccine out in a pandemic, the rest of us dream of the day we get to come see you for what you guys do. Far to humble xx

Deal

Wow, no you aren't, you are rolling a life saving miracle vaccine out in a pandemic, the rest of us dream of the day we get to come see you for what you guys do. Far to humble xx"

Do you know what, those words made me actually blubb, that is so kind and lovely to hear, thank you so much, would share with ally lovely colleagues, but don't think a fab forum quote would be appropriate

Manchester (she/her)

Wow, no you aren't, you are rolling a life saving miracle vaccine out in a pandemic, the rest of us dream of the day we get to come see you for what you guys do. Far to humble xx"

Absolutely.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Deal

Wow, no you aren't, you are rolling a life saving miracle vaccine out in a pandemic, the rest of us dream of the day we get to come see you for what you guys do. Far to humble xx

Absolutely.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

An absolute joy and a privilege, the atmosphere at the vaccination site is a wonderful thing, relief for all involved, staff and patients and all our fabulous volunteers that help out every day.x

chelmsford

Bless you, we are just normal folk, getting the jab done!xx"

You are exceptional people, we are all so grateful to you all. The procedure for us, has been made very easy. Xx

Deal

You are exceptional people, we are all so grateful to you all. The procedure for us, has been made very easy. Xx"

We are just normal people, who feel obligated to go above and beyond our day jobs to get the stuff in arms, not freezers or fridges, desperate to get everyone done, we are having the vaccine thrown at us and struggling to fill our clinics, NHS England need to let us move down to groups 10-12, everyone 18-49, so frustrating.xx

Manchester (she/her)

Normal people can still do extraordinary things.

nottingham

For me giving vaccinations has improved my mental health in leaps and bounds after this past year. I can't wait for each shift and love it when it's mad busy. I get to meet lovely people and I'm doing my bit. It's a win win situation

Manchester (she/her)

"For me giving vaccinations has improved my mental health in leaps and bounds after this past year. I can't wait for each shift and love it when it's mad busy. I get to meet lovely people and I'm doing my bit. It's a win win situation "

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"For me giving vaccinations has improved my mental health in leaps and bounds after this past year. I can't wait for each shift and love it when it's mad busy. I get to meet lovely people and I'm doing my bit. It's a win win situation "

It's brilliant, isn't it

chelmsford

Well done you, that's great!

Deal

Well done to you, we have collaboratively worked in our region, it is an amazing place to work.xx

nottingham

"For me giving vaccinations has improved my mental health in leaps and bounds after this past year. I can't wait for each shift and love it when it's mad busy. I get to meet lovely people and I'm doing my bit. It's a win win situation

Well done to you, we have collaboratively worked in our region, it is an amazing place to work.xx"

The collaborative work is brilliant. Working with people from so many different organisations. It great xx

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Just had it and heading home

Deal

"For me giving vaccinations has improved my mental health in leaps and bounds after this past year. I can't wait for each shift and love it when it's mad busy. I get to meet lovely people and I'm doing my bit. It's a win win situation

Well done to you, we have collaboratively worked in our region, it is an amazing place to work.xx

The collaborative work is brilliant. Working with people from so many different organisations. It great xx"

Yep, bloody brilliant stuff.xx

By *ow are you ABCMan  over a year ago

Chester

Will people meet with proof of vacancie

Deal

"Will people meet with proof of vacancie"

Anyone can pick up a card, what proof are you looking for ffs

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Will people meet with proof of vacancie

Anyone can pick up a card, what proof are you looking for ffs"

Positive IgG antibody test and full antibody titres

Manchester (she/her)

"Will people meet with proof of vacancie"

When it's illegal, no.

If you mean a single dose of a two dose course, no.

» Add a new message to this topic