FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Children Vaccinations

Children Vaccinations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dd269 OP   Man  over a year ago

Clee

Over 50% of adults are now vaccinated.

But when will they start vaccinating the kids?

They’re the “BIG SPREADERS” - snotty little buggers. - Who’d ‘ave ‘em?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im desperate to get my teenager jabbed. He has type 1 so at high risk if he does contract covid.

Even with his diabetes though he is way down the list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

[Removed by poster at 23/03/21 18:34:41]

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Logistically if they are gearing up for mass booster vacs in aug/sep for the 4 top groups, I'd imagine they would add kids to that, but I think they will try college and uni students first timing it for the mass movement. There's not enough research yet of the transmission viral infection load that secondary and primary kids have when they are infected to how much much of a infection risk they pose to adults maybe in 2022 revacs I suppose they might be added"

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Well if kids spread it so much, why did the rates keep going up earlier this year when the schools were closed. It's the same last year, the pubs spread it, close the pubs yet rates still went up.

We all think we know, but really there is data for any arguememnt.

i thought they hadn’t completed testing in kids yet so as of now there is no current plan to vaccinate them as there is not yet an approved safe vaccine for them?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"i thought they hadn’t completed testing in kids yet so as of now there is no current plan to vaccinate them as there is not yet an approved safe vaccine for them? "

This is my understanding.

They're testing kids now.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Well if kids spread it so much, why did the rates keep going up earlier this year when the schools were closed. It's the same last year, the pubs spread it, close the pubs yet rates still went up.

We all think we know, but really there is data for any arguememnt.

"

Since schools returned this year the rates have actually slightly reduced and remained around the 5,300 daily mark even with an increase in testing.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

The Pfizer vaccine is only licensed for over 16s...the AstraZeneca is over 18s.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The Pfizer vaccine is only licensed for over 16s...the AstraZeneca is over 18s."

They have recently been doing juvenile testing, so presumably there is a plan to licence the products for kiddies too.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"The Pfizer vaccine is only licensed for over 16s...the AstraZeneca is over 18s.

They have recently been doing juvenile testing, so presumably there is a plan to licence the products for kiddies too."

The lowest age being studied is 12, I think.

"Im desperate to get my teenager jabbed. He has type 1 so at high risk if he does contract covid.

Even with his diabetes though he is way down the list"

Is he under 16?

If he's not he should be in group 6.

"The Pfizer vaccine is only licensed for over 16s...the AstraZeneca is over 18s.

They have recently been doing juvenile testing, so presumably there is a plan to licence the products for kiddies too.

The lowest age being studied is 12, I think."

Its 6 years old and over.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

The lowest age being studied is 12, I think.

Its 6 years old and over.

"

You're right for the Oxford one, yes. They seem to be the only group doing so right now, others intend to follow suit later.

From the BMJ:

Trials in children

Although these vaccinations were not part of a clinical trial, trials are currently under way to test the Pfizer, Moderna, and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines in children. Pfizer has enrolled more than 2000 children aged 12-15 for a trial that was announced in October. It also expects to run a second trial in children aged 5-11 years.2 Pfizer’s chief executive, Albert Bourla, told Reuters in March that he expected younger teens to be eligible for coronavirus vaccination in the autumn and primary school children by the end of the year.3

In December Moderna announced that it would be testing its vaccine in 3000 young people aged 12-17, half of whom would receive two shots of the vaccine four weeks apart, while the half would get a placebo.4

Anthony Fauci, director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has said that high school students across the country should be able to get a vaccine in the autumn.5 The US has so far authorised the rollout of the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.

The Oxford research group is also testing its vaccine in children aged 6-17, in a trial funded by the National Institute for Health Research and AstraZeneca.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The research trials were conducted on adult participants, which produced evidence upon the safety and efficacy of the vaccines upon adults. Government medicine licensing agencies then approved them for use typically for the same types of people - adults. Whilst pharmaceutical companies can undertake more research, it's understandable that they would have wanted to focus on prevent of older people, those who were particularly vulnerable to severe illness and death, in contrast with children.

All children could be vaccinated by August according to new reports...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"All children could be vaccinated by August according to new reports..."

Not by August, but vaccinations could start in August. The trials still need to be completed and those results aren’t due until June/July.

» Add a new message to this topic