FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > It's looking brighter - some good news

It's looking brighter - some good news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

In amongst the usual bickering there is a bit of seemingly good news. No, let's be honest it's bloody great news.

The numbers...

Infections..5605

Deaths.. 98

Hospital admissions.. 360

Tests a staggering.. 840k

Schools have been returning since 8th March so we are into our 3rd week when infections would start to wash into the numbers and they seem to have steadied at approx 5.5k for the last few weeks. So far the return to school which was a red flag for quite a few has been a success as far as infections control.... Well done to the schools and kids and parents... Let's keep it that way after the Easter break.

Deaths are continuing to drop as are hospital admissions which... Wouldn't it be great to hear from the nhs that thanks to everyone's efforts we now have loads of beds free for all our other health issues.

Suns shining, numbers are looking much better... Youre allowed to smile today!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Yes better than it was .positive! and so nice when the sun is shining

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

great news but im sure some will still put a downer on it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Great news that we're making progress

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"Great news that we're making progress "
Things are looking brighter here in wales also ..

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Looking good.

By *ornytoad1362Couple  over a year ago

St. Austell

phew some good news at last long may it continue x

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The futures so bright ive gotta wear shades.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I would guess that the plateau in "new infections" is a combination of the general downwards trend and the expected new infections coming from schools. The vaccinations have hugely reduced the numbers needing hospital treatments, especially amongst the most vulnerable groups.

Cal

Scunthorpe

"The futures so bright ive gotta wear shades."

Timbuk-three

By *ixey and CopperCouple  over a year ago

exeter

"In amongst the usual bickering there is a bit of seemingly good news. No, let's be honest it's bloody great news.

The numbers...

Infections..5605

Deaths.. 98

Schools have been returning since 8th March so we are into our 3rd week when infections would start to wash into the numbers and they seem to have steadied at approx 5.5k for the last few weeks. So far the return to school which was a red flag for quite a few has been a success as far as infections control.... Well done to the schools and kids and parents... Let's keep it that way after the Easter break.

Deaths are continuing to drop as are hospital admissions which... Wouldn't it be great to hear from the nhs that thanks to everyone's efforts we now have loads of beds free for all our other health issues.

Suns shining, numbers are looking much better... Youre allowed to smile today! "

How dare you come here with this positivity

Great news xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In amongst the usual bickering there is a bit of seemingly good news. No, let's be honest it's bloody great news.

The numbers...

Infections..5605

Deaths.. 98

Great news xxx"

5,600 in hospital

761 on ventilation.

I'm going to be the one who puts the downer on this though. Look at the news coming out of India.

I smell a war coming.

Scunthorpe

The numbers...

Infections..5605

Deaths.. 98

Great news xxx

------'

5,600 in hospital

761 on ventilation.

I'm going to be the one who puts the downer on this though. Look at the news coming out of India.

I smell a war coming. "

But.... all the data is improving. This is why it's viewed as positive. I haven’t read the news from India, but I don't think they'll go to war with us...

Cal

Great news

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Presumably positve test numbers are steady due to all the at work/school tests now being done that are picking up positives from non symptomatic cases that would have been missed before,hospital admissions are the key numbers now, it matters not if case numbers rise IF people arent seriously Ill and need ICU capacity, we dont care if millions have colds or flu as they dont cause huge numbers of deaths, fingers crossed over the next 6 wks, if admissions stay low then we will be nearing the end of phase one.

The numbers...

Infections..5605

Deaths.. 98

Great news xxx

5,600 in hospital

761 on ventilation.

I smell a war coming. "

There is about 5900 ICU beds in the Uk

There is about 170,000 hospital beds in the Uk

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I have been tracking the 3 key figures for a while now and on this dominant strain it's a huge achievement, we will always have a pool of virus but if our Infrastructure for the vaccines stays strong we will come out the other side

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Weekly figures:

Hospital admissions down 21.5%

Deaths with Covid down 41.5%

The numbers...

Infections..5605

Deaths.. 98

Great news xxx

5,600 in hospital

761 on ventilation.

I smell a war coming. "

Get a grip, there won’t be a ‘war’

"Weekly figures:

Hospital admissions down 21.5%

Deaths with Covid down 41.5% "

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"The futures so bright ive gotta wear shades."

Yeah but your grades are terrible

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

It is good to hear, but my fear is it may lead too people becoming complacent and undermining all the good work.

It’s not over till it’s over, but good news for sure.

In a Sparkly Dress

"It is good to hear, but my fear is it may lead too people becoming complacent and undermining all the good work.

It’s not over till it’s over, but good news for sure. "

We have achieved these figures with people being complacent in lockdown though, we know people are mixing in numbers, yet the figures are still low

Leeds

"

We have achieved these figures with people being complacent in lockdown though, we know people are mixing in numbers, yet the figures are still low "

That is a good point

"It is good to hear, but my fear is it may lead too people becoming complacent and undermining all the good work.

We have achieved these figures with people being complacent in lockdown though, we know people are mixing in numbers, yet the figures are still low "

This true. You wouldn’t think we are in a lockdown

No offence but I will take my facts from scientists and not from a swinger lol

Leeds

"No offence but I will take my facts from scientists and not from a swinger lol"

The swinger OP was quoting facts produced by scienctists. He didn't just make them up.

Just wait to thousands of Brits converge on UK holiday resorts ,shit will hit the fan

Leeds

"Just wait to thousands of Brits converge on UK holiday resorts ,shit will hit the fan"

It was proven that the crowded beaches last summer didn't cause a spike of infections

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Just wait to thousands of Brits converge on UK holiday resorts ,shit will hit the fan

It was proven that the crowded beaches last summer didn't cause a spike of infections"

That won’t stop local councils trying to ban it.

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

"No offence but I will take my facts from scientists and not from a swinger lol"
These facts are in the public domain, not made up by them.

Maybe but what about accommodation, shops ,pubs ,restaurants cafes ,toilets list is endless .With near all holiday accommodation already booked,and waiting lists for cancellations.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

No downer here deaths finally in double figures is great news

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Just wait to thousands of Brits converge on UK holiday resorts ,shit will hit the fan"
Why ? and if all the vulnerable are vaccinated why are people so worried ?

By *ev_1Couple  over a year ago

Bickliegh

Good news too had the jab and no one has been following me so the hidden tracker device is not working great news there .And side affects none my cock is still the same size do I need to phone the help line on that one ?and feeling great so presume jab didn't work !!!!

Tin town

"No offence but I will take my facts from scientists and not from a swinger lol

The swinger OP was quoting facts produced by scienctists. He didn't just make them up. "

Oh apologies I should have stated source... Yes the gov website which they update daily... Ish.

Tin town

More likely to be from the 20k untested and unquarantined French lorry drivers bringing something in from France... an area that is seeing huge increases in infection rates, just as we had a few months ago.

Tin town

"Just wait to thousands of Brits converge on UK holiday resorts ,shit will hit the fan

More likely to be from the 20k untested and unquarantined French lorry drivers bringing something in from France... an area that is seeing huge increases in infection rates, just as we had a few months ago. "

20k per week that is.

By *rgasmickMan  over a year ago

Visting

End of the flu season hooray.

"End of the flu season hooray."

What has that go to do with anything?

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

"Just wait to thousands of Brits converge on UK holiday resorts ,shit will hit the fan Why ? and if all the vulnerable are vaccinated why are people so worried ? "

This is true. Covid as a virus is not going away but we learn to live with it, just like flu. Our vaccination successes will ensure we are able to do this with minimal disruption. We're not there yet but we're in a much better than most of the world because we invested early in the vaccine and backed it.

In a Sparkly Dress

More likely to be from the 20k untested and unquarantined French lorry drivers bringing something in from France... an area that is seeing huge increases in infection rates, just as we had a few months ago. "

They are battling our Kent strain though atm, I guess eyes are on whether that strain mutates in the eu

Tin town

More likely to be from the 20k untested and unquarantined French lorry drivers bringing something in from France... an area that is seeing huge increases in infection rates, just as we had a few months ago.

They are battling our Kent strain though atm, I guess eyes are on whether that strain mutates in the eu"

Maybe we should vaccinate the truck drivers as they pour through.. Do our bit for the EU vaccine shortage and help ourselves at the same time.

liverpool

It’s not over till it’s over, but good news for sure. "

How can they undermine the good work. With the vulnerable vaccinated there should be absolutely minimal risk to everyone. That's what weve been told by the government. Get the vulnerable vaccinated and things can go back to normal

In a Sparkly Dress

They are battling our Kent strain though atm, I guess eyes are on whether that strain mutates in the eu

Maybe we should vaccinate the truck drivers as they pour through.. Do our bit for the EU vaccine shortage and help ourselves at the same time. "

Good idea. But need the 3 week time period for it to be effective

Tin town

How can they undermine the good work. With the vulnerable vaccinated there should be absolutely minimal risk to everyone. That's what weve been told by the government. Get the vulnerable vaccinated and things can go back to normal "

Ermm I've not seen any govt comms saying we can get back to normal when the vulnerable have been vaccinated...

But we are heading in the right direction

liverpool

How can they undermine the good work. With the vulnerable vaccinated there should be absolutely minimal risk to everyone. That's what weve been told by the government. Get the vulnerable vaccinated and things can go back to normal

Ermm I've not seen any govt comms saying we can get back to normal when the vulnerable have been vaccinated...

But we are heading in the right direction"

Weve been told since the start that we're locking down 40 million perfectly healthy people to protect the vulnerable. "Stay home or you'll kill granny"

Vulnerable are safe now so there should be absolutely no risk to the rest of us and things should be open as normal.

Tin town

Weve been told since the start that we're locking down 40 million perfectly healthy people to protect the vulnerable. "Stay home or you'll kill granny"

Vulnerable are safe now so there should be absolutely no risk to the rest of us and things should be open as normal. "

Possibly true. Numbers are very much supporting that theory. I'm just saying govt and TV scientists (that's scientists on the telly rather than a fab term) have always been at great pains to say... And keep following the social distancing

Vulnerable are safe now so there should be absolutely no risk to the rest of us and things should be open as normal. "

They haven't all had their 2nd vaccination yet.

» Add a new message to this topic