FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > things you did at start of pandemic

things you did at start of pandemic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what things were you doing at the beginning of the virus crisis that you still do or don't? Have you become more relaxed or more stringent and aware.?

i still have a shower as soon aa I get in from the train from work. i still wash my hands more than i used to.. Still use the inside of ny coat sleeve to open doors in public places sometimes but i think i am more relaxed generally. is anyone still sanitising their delivery items. the odd high five and handshake has crept in at work

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think I will always wash my hands more than normal as I work in a hospital, and I think we will be wearing masks for a long time to come in certain situations. I hope the concept of doctors waiting rooms have gone forever (but all the various sick people next to each other in a hot room....who ever thought THAT was a good idea?)

But the most important thing is I will continue to try to be more kind and tolerant towards other people

Still sanitise items bought into the house before putting them away, anything like parcels etc I still open, discard the packaging and then sanitise my hands (it's done on auto pilot now). I've also come to appreciate keeping the distance between me and others in public settings, I'll try to maintain that if it ever gets relaxed.

see never did the parcel thing.. well maybe in first few weeks its odd isn't it the spectrum of behaviors from carrying on as normal to some people not leaving the house for months on end. Everyones experience is different

d

I was coughing into my elbow long before covid, due to my job.

I step off the pavement into the road to social distance and make eye contact with them. Love the appreciative smiles from strangers. I'll carry on with that.

I avoid people due to other crap but covid makes it acceptable.

"I think I will always wash my hands more than normal as I work in a hospital, and I think we will be wearing masks for a long time to come in certain situations. I hope the concept of doctors waiting rooms have gone forever (but all the various sick people next to each other in a hot room....who ever thought THAT was a good idea?)

But the most important thing is I will continue to try to be more kind and tolerant towards other people"

what would you hope happens instead of doctors waiting rooms? we remain in telephone consultation mode permanently? i really hope not

today i have to go to one health centre out of my local area as a hub to get bloods done, then my own to drop something in and pick up a prescription, i had the telephone consultation and a separate call to book bloods yday, all of which would have been one visit to one place before - it’s so inefficient now

i understand the current need for safety but wouldn’t hope it stays this way forever

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't use hand sanitiser as much, just sticking mainly with soap washing

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Maintain the same level of vigilance now as when it all started.

+ Perishable goods are anti-bac wiped then put away. Then hands cleaned afterwards.

+ Non-perishable items are placed in a quarantine area for 3 days. Hands cleaned afterwards. We usually put them away when we remember, typically 4-5 days afterwards.

+ Emergency house visits by tradespeople. Asked if feeling unwell, any high temps, etc. We mask whilst they are here doing their work. We anti-bac areas they have worked on afterwards.

+ Use soap for hand-washing

+ All deliveries made online

+ Avoid going out.

may I ask was this even during the eat out to help out phase?

Colchester

"may I ask was this even during the eat out to help out phase? "

Not sure if referring to our post. Nope. Did not go out in the eat out scheme. Only left the house a couple of times for medical appoints in the last year. House - hospital - house. That's it.

"may I ask was this even during the eat out to help out phase?

Not sure if referring to our post. Nope. Did not go out in the eat out scheme. Only left the house a couple of times for medical appoints in the last year. House - hospital - house. That's it."

that's hard-core I've been going to work on train everyday and checking on my mum and kids. Everyone different. Where you shielding?

d

Colchester

"that's hard-core I've been going to work on train everyday and checking on my mum and kids. Everyone different. Where you shielding?

d"

Indeed we were and still are. Aye, everyone is different as you say and is managing as best they can. I think most folks are just trying to do their best with what they have.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Wanked my willy off, now bored of wanking.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"I think I will always wash my hands more than normal as I work in a hospital, and I think we will be wearing masks for a long time to come in certain situations. I hope the concept of doctors waiting rooms have gone forever (but all the various sick people next to each other in a hot room....who ever thought THAT was a good idea?)

But the most important thing is I will continue to try to be more kind and tolerant towards other people

what would you hope happens instead of doctors waiting rooms? we remain in telephone consultation mode permanently? i really hope not

today i have to go to one health centre out of my local area as a hub to get bloods done, then my own to drop something in and pick up a prescription, i had the telephone consultation and a separate call to book bloods yday, all of which would have been one visit to one place before - it’s so inefficient now

i understand the current need for safety but wouldn’t hope it stays this way forever "

We restrict the amount of folk on the waiting room at one time, but we have been fully booked throughout the last year, nurses especially, never stopped a single service and been delivering the vaccine since last December

i understand the current need for safety but wouldn’t hope it stays this way forever

We restrict the amount of folk on the waiting room at one time, but we have been fully booked throughout the last year, nurses especially, never stopped a single service and been delivering the vaccine since last December "

ah! yeah thats definitely not the service we have been getting

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

We restrict the amount of folk on the waiting room at one time, but we have been fully booked throughout the last year, nurses especially, never stopped a single service and been delivering the vaccine since last December

ah! yeah thats definitely not the service we have been getting "

I am very sorry to hear that, we are all independent businesses, so don't operate in the same way, I manage a family run, village surgery and my patients have had nothing but great things to say about our service throughout, on the second jabs for all groups 1 to 9, we have been very fortunate with supply down here

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I've managed to wean myself off

a full strip into a binbag at my front door then tipping it all straight into the washing machine whilst I have a hot shower

Frequently sanitising after touching anything not in my house will be a hard habit to break

"I've managed to wean myself off

a full strip into a binbag at my front door then tipping it all straight into the washing machine whilst I have a hot shower

Frequently sanitising after touching anything not in my house will be a hard habit to break "

Now I wish I lived oposite you, it would be the highlight of the day watching you do a full strip at the front door

"I've managed to wean myself off

Frequently sanitising after touching anything not in my house will be a hard habit to break "

clothes used to go straight in the wash but they just go into washing basket.

sometimes I don't tho

d

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

But the most important thing is I will continue to try to be more kind and tolerant towards other people"

I think waiting rooms will come back, they need to really to deal with the numbers.

I really hope we have seen the back of minging self check in screens though. Whoever thought they were a good idea in places full of sick people clearly had more focus on the ££ saved in getting rid of the receptionist and didn’t think about the grimness of them.

» Add a new message to this topic