FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Postcode lottery?

Postcode lottery?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issit OP   Couple  over a year ago

Banbury

Husband and I are itching to get our vaccinations and are increasingly frustrated when others far younger with no underlying conditions etc in other areas report having had theirs.

Does anyone know why this is?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Husband and I are itching to get our vaccinations and are increasingly frustrated when others far younger with no underlying conditions etc in other areas report having had theirs.

"

Some people have been in the right place at the right time and have got in on cancellations or when they have had spare vaccine opened and needing to be used up.

Some people have had them through professions.

And there are those that lie just to wind other people up

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Looking at your ages, you will be in the next cohort. You can't always tell if someone has an underlying condition and, like the previous response, those younger than you could be in a frontline profession. We do question people who attend the vaccination centre I work at if they don't appear genuine. One of the biggest 'scams' is people claiming to be unpaid carers. We turn them away if they're not genuine

Hope you get yours soon. I know waiting is frustrating.

By *taryscorpCouple  over a year ago

boston

"Husband and I are itching to get our vaccinations and are increasingly frustrated when others far younger with no underlying conditions etc in other areas report having had theirs.

Some people have been in the right place at the right time and have got in on cancellations or when they have had spare vaccine opened and needing to be used up.

Some people have had them through professions.

And there are those that lie just to wind other people up"

And some got offered it like 3 lads we know they are only 28 30 and 32

This was not last minute appointments

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I know how you feel, still not had mine but, my nephew who is in his early 20's and no health issues has had his.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Local distribution and availability has been very mixed, since the start of the year. GPs also have discretion to interpret the severity of condtions, with their expertise and patient knowledge. Some conditions have only been accepted when graded as severe. So it has been a postcode lottery for these and many other reasons.

Some errors were made, way below.0.1%, with 1 younger guy who'd had his weight set at something like 720 Kg, so he was classed as extremely morbidly clinically obese.

Most keyworkers were not eligible but the thousands in the NHS and care work are. Personal carers were also finally included, many of them caring for extremely vulnerable people, who had been vaccinated.

GPs and the NHS selected at a local level, following from national guidelines and rules. Earlier on in particular, people were put on standby lists, who were called at the last minute, to prevent vaccines being thrown away, even if they were not in the target groups. It would have been soul destroying after a long shift, to have some time to spare and vaccine doses that would be thrown away, not to have used them for increased public health.

We're forecast to have some supplies problems in April but are still on track to complete the national programme by July. It's best to sit tight, if your NHS records are accurate and up to date.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Around here it is a lottery as to GP surgery.

My GP is at 40 - 50, going in alphabetical order, hence I've had mine. There are a lot of mass vaccination centres around here, so any left and they have lists of those who can get there quickly.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Went online to book and if I want to drive over an hour I can book it but nothing close to me as yet.

At 53 am now in a bigger group I guess

nottingham

"Went online to book and if I want to drive over an hour I can book it but nothing close to me as yet.

At 53 am now in a bigger group I guess "

Surely it's worth the drive?

By *ilkandhoneyxWoman  over a year ago

leicester

i’m 19 with no underlying conditions already had my vaccination lol

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I'm getting my 2nd vaccination in a couple of weeks

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Lots of chemists are offering them, my nearest one has 3 doctors in every day doing jabs.

See if that's a possibility.

Banbury

Thanks everyone, similar reasons as I suspected. Will keep crossing fingers and hoping and waiting!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"i’m 19 with no underlying conditions already had my vaccination lol"

i don’t really understand the point of this post unless its just to stir the pot and wind folk up

Hastings

"Went online to book and if I want to drive over an hour I can book it but nothing close to me as yet.

Surely it's worth the drive? "

Work won't give the time off so will just piss the boss off.

Will try and call 119 tomorrow.

Guess if your not working it's ok to spend half a day on it.

I have had it so should have some protection till I can book it closer

Hastings

Not winding me up quit interesting to see it's going well if some one of 19 has had jabs

leicester

"i’m 19 with no underlying conditions already had my vaccination lol

i don’t really understand the point of this post unless its just to stir the pot and wind folk up

"

how’s that winding people up lmao

how’s that winding people up lmao"

because the thread was about mid 40s people frustrated at not having their vaccine yet while healthy younger people have and you drop in with no explanation as to why you got yours

the “lol” and “lmao” kinda hint at you finding your posts funny too

leicester

because the thread was about mid 40s people frustrated at not having their vaccine yet while healthy younger people have and you drop in with no explanation as to why you got yours

the “lol” and “lmao” kinda hint at you finding your posts funny too "

it’s cus i’m a key worker? chill

it’s cus i’m a key worker? chill"

or just grow up and say that to begin with

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

None available within 50 miles.. Click on centres it says no appts available.

Checked day and night since i got my nhs text. Its rubbish.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"None available within 50 miles.. Click on centres it says no appts available.

Checked day and night since i got my nhs text. Its rubbish. "

That's tough!

Someone mentioned the pharmacies that give them. I don't know if they run via the same booking system - perhaps someone who knows could state this?

Hastings

it’s cus i’m a key worker? chill"

So what do you class as a key worker wife is an A&E nurse not all of them have had it yet

Hastings

"None available within 50 miles.. Click on centres it says no appts available.

Checked day and night since i got my nhs text. Its rubbish. "

Same hear long drive to and from

leicester

it’s cus i’m a key worker? chill

So what do you class as a key worker wife is an A&E nurse not all of them have had it yet "

she should’ve been offered one! i’m a nurse, was offered mine way back in january i’m not sure why ur wife hasn’t had hers yet

nottingham

Surely it's worth the drive?

Work won't give the time off so will just piss the boss off.

Will try and call 119 tomorrow.

Guess if your not working it's ok to spend half a day on it.

I have had it so should have some protection till I can book it closer "

Hope you can find something closer. All the larger centres locally are offering vaccinations until 8pm. Disgusting that your workplace won't give you the time to get it done

Banbury

I guess I was looking for empathy!

Great you have had yours, keep up the good work x

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"

Vaccines were rolled out in waves, we were lucky enough to have been Wave 1,various factors were taken into account based on the local demographics, age, deprivation etc,so started back in December.

We are now desperate to start the under 50s

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

The north east is having the same sort of issue apparently...... because they had done really well in the first part of the vaccination process compared to the rest of the country, other parts of the country are now being prioritised which means less doses are now coming up here....

I have been trying to book my appointment for 3 weeks... and I can’t get a sniff of an appointment

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I guess I was looking for empathy!

Great you have had yours, keep up the good work x "

I empathise very much.

I'm youngish and have no medical need, but I volunteer with the elderly, and we're opening back up I'm worried I'll be a risk to them.

I empathise very much.

I'm youngish and have no medical need, but I volunteer with the elderly, and we're opening back up I'm worried I'll be a risk to them."

i know why i am not your demographic. now haha

maybe you could explain your role to your GP and they might stick you on the reserve list - if someone needs to use the short dated stuff the end of the day it might aswel be someone working with an at risk group

Manchester (she/her)

I empathise very much.

I'm youngish and have no medical need, but I volunteer with the elderly, and we're opening back up I'm worried I'll be a risk to them.

i know why i am not your demographic. now haha

maybe you could explain your role to your GP and they might stick you on the reserve list - if someone needs to use the short dated stuff the end of the day it might aswel be someone working with an at risk group "

My charity are looking into it on behalf of all the younger volunteers. I also offered to step back until I had had at least my first jab, but they need bodies on the ground, plus they're rigorous re their Covid safe procedures. It should be fine, but...

(If not for that, I'll wait my turn, it's fine. But they need me and I'm worried about the extent to which I'm a spreader of disease)

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

I'm 37 and had my 1st jab before my 75 yo dad who has COPD. I got it because I'm a frontline worker.

There's no postcode lottery going on... They are working through a list and everyone will get theirs when it's thier turn on that list.

As others have said this seems like a pointless post to stir trouble. Be patient guys and you'll soon have it!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"I'm 37 and had my 1st jab before my 75 yo dad who has COPD. I got it because I'm a frontline worker.

There's no postcode lottery going on... They are working through a list and everyone will get theirs when it's thier turn on that list.

As others have said this seems like a pointless post to stir trouble. Be patient guys and you'll soon have it!"

It is all to do with how fast there getting through there lists.here for example they only just started on over 50s yet in enfield about ten miles away i have freinds who have already had theres and they in there 40s no health problems and no health care workers the just regular peeps in there 40s .imagine its all to do with how old or young certain areas populations are.enfeild prob didnt have such a large population of older peeps whereas round here the old outnumber the young

By *umslaveTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm 44 and in perfect health and received a surprise message to book my jab last Thursday evening. 10:30 the following day I'd had a little prick. Felt absolutely shocking Friday night though.

By *ack Genuine BullMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

You have to know the correct phone number to ring, then you are offered an appointment usually the same day, and a choice of centres to attend.

Easy peasy!

You have to be PROACTIVE!

Manchester (she/her)

"You have to know the correct phone number to ring, then you are offered an appointment usually the same day, and a choice of centres to attend.

Easy peasy!

You have to be PROACTIVE! "

Maybe in some areas. Clearly not all.

By *ewkesbury cowboyMan  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

The way I see it the worst affected areas are being fast tracked due to them being quarantine zones. Kent as a prime example

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"The way I see it the worst affected areas are being fast tracked due to them being quarantine zones. Kent as a prime example "

Exactly why we were wave 1 of the rollout and started mid December

Banbury

"I'm 37 and had my 1st jab before my 75 yo dad who has COPD. I got it because I'm a frontline worker.

As others have said this seems like a pointless post to stir trouble. Be patient guys and you'll soon have it!

It is all to do with how fast there getting through there lists.here for example they only just started on over 50s yet in enfield about ten miles away i have freinds who have already had theres and they in there 40s no health problems and no health care workers the just regular peeps in there 40s .imagine its all to do with how old or young certain areas populations are.enfeild prob didnt have such a large population of older peeps whereas round here the old outnumber the young"

That makes sense, thanks

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

Their work maybe? They live with someone that is immunocompromised? They got on a spares list?

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"

There can be people with "hidden' disabilities or medical needs which qualify them to move up the queue sooner.

It's much the same across the country. I know Warwickshire Vaccination centres were doing Over 65's in early February, some 2-3 weeks ahead of my Centres up here in Hull, and I have heard this week of friends in Stratford upon Avon getting their Invitations for their Jabs.

Patience! You'll soon get yours!

» Add a new message to this topic