FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Deaths

Deaths

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Someone pointed this out to me this week

Everyday the amount of people dying from covid is roughly the same as a passenger jet crashing everyday!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Someone pointed this out to me this week

Everyday the amount of people dying from covid is roughly the same as a passenger jet crashing everyday!!!!!"

Is this the antithesis of your Boris is a good chap positive feel good, for balance. Have you also a story for the people who die every day from other reasons?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Everyday the amount of people dying from covid is roughly the same as a passenger jet crashing everyday!!!!!

Is this the antithesis of your Boris is a good chap positive feel good, for balance. Have you also a story for the people who die every day from other reasons? "

That thread is closed...you obviously have nothing better to do...im not gonna discuss a closed thread so move on

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's much more intelligible when it's framed like that and you can relate it to how just 1 plane crash in the whole year would have been a huge loss

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

1,600 people die ever day in the UK how many planes is that, just asking

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

"1,600 people die ever day in the UK how many planes is that, just asking "

That would be 4 boing 747s and a single bae 146

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Personally I think it's just the baseline of people with susceptible underlying conditions dying. Because they're in hosiptal with these they're pretty much guaranteed to catch covid, so will be listed as a statistic even thoug covid probably wasnt the cause.

Just my theory

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

And?

"Personally I think it's just the baseline of people with susceptible underlying conditions dying. Because they're in hosiptal with these they're pretty much guaranteed to catch covid, so will be listed as a statistic even thoug covid probably wasnt the cause.

Just my theory "

My ex was taken into APH ICU due to Covid, lasted 17 days but died as a result of a poorly done traceoctrmy done on day 16. Left a son aged 19 and daughter 16.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Is this the antithesis of your Boris is a good chap positive feel good, for balance. Have you also a story for the people who die every day from other reasons? "

Yes but this is the virus page not the every other illness page.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Personally I think it's just the baseline of people with susceptible underlying conditions dying. Because they're in hosiptal with these they're pretty much guaranteed to catch covid, so will be listed as a statistic even thoug covid probably wasnt the cause.

Just my theory

My ex was taken into APH ICU due to Covid, lasted 17 days but died as a result of a poorly done traceoctrmy done on day 16. Left a son aged 19 and daughter 16. "

So sorry to hear this, that's terrible..

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

In England in February 2021 Coronavirus was the cause of 30.1% of deaths.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Just my theory "

Ah "probably" ... Thanks for sharing your theory

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Everyday the amount of people dying from covid is roughly the same as a passenger jet crashing everyday!!!!!"

I like the comparison for perspective, although the other universal measures sometimes annoy...the size of four football pitches, about the size of Wales, that would be 10 Olympic swimming pools etc.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

As a bit of good news.

Our neighbour celebrated her 103rd birthday and getting over Covid, she had very mild symptoms, sadly her 80 year old daughter was a bit more poorly and needed to be hospitalised with 5 days assisted breathing but again shes back home.

The 103 year old is quite frail and could easily pass away at any time, if this happens in the next 20 days it will be Covid related but in reality she will die of that terrible condition we all will suffer, called old, but you can't write old on a death certificate.

So glad to see her beat the odds but she was on little or no medication, no underlying health conditions and like an elderly elf.

Not strictly about deaths, so apologies. I watched the news last night (BBC) and they gave the latest government covid figures. It got me thinking, the figures for the 'latest positive coronavirus reported in the past 24 hours' is pretty much pointless now, the published figure is arbitrary.

Surely with the increased testing that now happens (school children etc) wouldn't it be more informative and relevant to report the percentage of positive tests out of total tests administered? Eg: if they report 5000 positive tests out of 10,000 tests administered it would be worrying, but 5000 positive tests out of 250,000 tests gives some perspective.

chelmsford

"As a bit of good news.

Our neighbour celebrated her 103rd birthday and getting over Covid, she had very mild symptoms, sadly her 80 year old daughter was a bit more poorly and needed to be hospitalised with 5 days assisted breathing but again shes back home.

The 103 year old is quite frail and could easily pass away at any time, if this happens in the next 20 days it will be Covid related but in reality she will die of that terrible condition we all will suffer, called old, but you can't write old on a death certificate.

So glad to see her beat the odds but she was on little or no medication, no underlying health conditions and like an elderly elf. "

Oh bless her! I do wonder how many of the reported deaths,with/from Covid are actually that...

By *ohn321300Man  over a year ago

M

" but you can't write old on a death certificate.

"

They can and they do. I am glad that she recovered and I hope that she has some standard of living for as long as possible.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They can and they do. I am glad that she recovered and I hope that she has some standard of living for as long as possible. "

Not on its own, will require further information..

We had to be referred to the coroner's office because the information on the certificate was not enough..

Given what happened with Shipman the changes brought in were overdue an overhaul..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

OP did not mention Boris,this thread is nothing about him

chelmsford

Is this the antithesis of your Boris is a good chap positive feel good, for balance. Have you also a story for the people who die every day from other reasons? OP did not mention Boris,this thread is nothing about him"

By *ohn321300Man  over a year ago

M

They can and they do. I am glad that she recovered and I hope that she has some standard of living for as long as possible.

Not on its own, will require further information..

We had to be referred to the coroner's office because the information on the certificate was not enough..

Given what happened with Shipman the changes brought in were overdue an overhaul.."

Agreed that they try avoid old age alone at all costs, so it is very, very rare. That wasn't what I was responding to though. I was purely responding to the point that "old" can't be written on a death certificate and I've seen "old age" on them countless times.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Not strictly about deaths, so apologies. I watched the news last night (BBC) and they gave the latest government covid figures. It got me thinking, the figures for the 'latest positive coronavirus reported in the past 24 hours' is pretty much pointless now, the published figure is arbitrary.

Surely with the increased testing that now happens (school children etc) wouldn't it be more informative and relevant to report the percentage of positive tests out of total tests administered? Eg: if they report 5000 positive tests out of 10,000 tests administered it would be worrying, but 5000 positive tests out of 250,000 tests gives some perspective."

I don't know about LFT tests, but positivity rate is a measure of whether the country's Covid controls are working. Anything over 5% is bad news

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"As a bit of good news.

So glad to see her beat the odds but she was on little or no medication, no underlying health conditions and like an elderly elf.

Oh bless her! I do wonder how many of the reported deaths,with/from Covid are actually that..."

Death certificates make the with/from issue very clear with where Covid is mentioned.

Significant conditions are always mentioned on death certs. Mine will have narcolepsy and asthma listed no matter what my cause of death is. My husband died of cancer and his lifelong diabetes is noted on his death certificate.

chelmsford

"As a bit of good news.

Oh bless her! I do wonder how many of the reported deaths,with/from Covid are actually that...

Death certificates make the with/from issue very clear with where Covid is mentioned.

Significant conditions are always mentioned on death certs. Mine will have narcolepsy and asthma listed no matter what my cause of death is. My husband died of cancer and his lifelong diabetes is noted on his death certificate. "

Yes we had similar with my mum hers was heart failure, but her diabetes was on there as well.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"As a bit of good news.

Significant conditions are always mentioned on death certs. Mine will have narcolepsy and asthma listed no matter what my cause of death is. My husband died of cancer and his lifelong diabetes is noted on his death certificate.

Yes we had similar with my mum hers was heart failure, but her diabetes was on there as well."

Exactly. It’s exactly how it should be done.

There would be no way of collating data that tells us that people who have X condition are more likely to die of Y if they didn’t.

chelmsford

"As a bit of good news.

Yes we had similar with my mum hers was heart failure, but her diabetes was on there as well.

Exactly. It’s exactly how it should be done.

There would be no way of collating data that tells us that people who have X condition are more likely to die of Y if they didn’t."

Makes a lot of sense

"Not strictly about deaths, so apologies. I watched the news last night (BBC) and they gave the latest government covid figures. It got me thinking, the figures for the 'latest positive coronavirus reported in the past 24 hours' is pretty much pointless now, the published figure is arbitrary.

Surely with the increased testing that now happens (school children etc) wouldn't it be more informative and relevant to report the percentage of positive tests out of total tests administered? Eg: if they report 5000 positive tests out of 10,000 tests administered it would be worrying, but 5000 positive tests out of 250,000 tests gives some perspective.

I don't know about LFT tests, but positivity rate is a measure of whether the country's Covid controls are working. Anything over 5% is bad news"

LFT tests done in schools are all registered, positive or negative. Just reporting that the latest 24 hour figure for positive tests is X, Y or Z doesn't give any real indication of whether the virus is increasing or decreasing exponentially. It could be 100 one day and 200 the next, but if it was 100 in a thousand tests (10%), and 200 in a million tests the following day (0.02%) the positive figure may be bigger but the infection rate far less.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

They can and they do. I am glad that she recovered and I hope that she has some standard of living for as long as possible. "

Think you will find other conditions are listed.

Never, ever seen or written a death certificate with the word old as the reason. But I was really just pointing out that when we get to the natural end of our lives it will always be a condition that takes you, obviously being shot or major trauma is different.

But looking at this crisis it's a reminder of just how difficult it is to measure trends.

» Add a new message to this topic