FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Shorter interval between jabs

Shorter interval between jabs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had my vaccination at the local hospital today (OAZ) as I would have been turned away if I had gone to one of the regular vaccination centres near me (very slight risk of a reaction but was nevertheless referred).

The interesting thing is that they want me back 28 days later for my second jab, not the 12 weeks as is the norm in the UK. It seems in those circumstances, there is a reluctance to deviate from the conditions of the original trials and the basis on which the vaccine I think was granted temporary authorisation for emergency supply. Anyone else heard of/experienced something similar?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Haven't heard of this but it's good news.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Perhaps it's about the forecast stock shortage in April and focus on increasing the proportion of people who have had both shots too?

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"Perhaps it's about the forecast stock shortage in April and focus on increasing the proportion of people who have had both shots too? "
there is a huge amount of ppl scheduled for Thier 2nd vaccine shot in April so wondering if there will be enough Pfizer particularly to carry them all out ? If not some of us will be having a bigger 12 week gap between shots

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Interesting

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Love mine under the 12 weeks just want it asap

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

My folks weren’t due their second until after 24th April, they’ve had a call today to go in tomorrow (Oxford) 7 weeks after the first.

Aparently after your first 2 injections you will need two more annually so there will obviously be a shortage later this year.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Just had my 2nd Pfizer jab, 12 weeks to the day after the first one.

The 2nd injection was originally programmed for 6 weeks then moved to 8 weeks before finishing up at 12 weeks.

Happy bunnie now

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Aparently after your first 2 injections you will need two more annually so there will obviously be a short

age later this year. "

The jabs we get later in the year will be different from the current ones, they have to keep on top of viral mutations so, it'll be constant tweaking of the vaccines. We've done so well and should be confident of the scientists

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Aparently after your first 2 injections you will need two more annually so there will obviously be a short

age later this year.

The jabs we get later in the year will be different from the current ones, they have to keep on top of viral mutations so, it'll be constant tweaking of the vaccines. We've done so well and should be confident of the scientists "

It's a fast moving situation and the scientists are doing incredibly well

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Id like an invite for my first shot let alone asecond one.was hoping i mite get a txt today but thats outthe window now.will have towait till may now

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"My folks weren’t due their second until after 24th April, they’ve had a call today to go in tomorrow (Oxford) 7 weeks after the first. "

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Any time from 3-12 weeks is good as far as I'm aware. When they started the initial testing they did the jabs 3 weeks apart. When they rolled it out to the priority groups they changed it to 12 weeks, probably logistical reasons for that to get as many people as possible vaccinated as soon as possible x

It's because they are anticipating a shortage of the Oxford vaccination towards the end of April. They are putting some back though because a friend was due her 2nd one next week which was only 6 weeks after her 1st and they have cancelled it.

They told her they have to prioritise people that are near the 12 weeks and haven't had a second one.

"Perhaps it's about the forecast stock shortage in April and focus on increasing the proportion of people who have had both shots too? there is a huge amount of ppl scheduled for Thier 2nd vaccine shot in April so wondering if there will be enough Pfizer particularly to carry them all out ? If not some of us will be having a bigger 12 week gap between shots "

They aren't expecting a shortage of the Pfizer only the Oxford one

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"It's because they are anticipating a shortage of the Oxford vaccination towards the end of April. They are putting some back though because a friend was due her 2nd one next week which was only 6 weeks after her 1st and they have cancelled it.

They told her they have to prioritise people that are near the 12 weeks and haven't had a second one. "

Yeah, heard yesterday people who haven't had their first jab yet might have to wait a few months due to shortages. At least we covered the high risk people and frontline staff (police and teachers should have been included though!), so don't mind waiting a bit longer x

"It's because they are anticipating a shortage of the Oxford vaccination towards the end of April. They are putting some back though because a friend was due her 2nd one next week which was only 6 weeks after her 1st and they have cancelled it.

They told her they have to prioritise people that are near the 12 weeks and haven't had a second one.

Yeah, heard yesterday people who haven't had their first jab yet might have to wait a few months due to shortages. At least we covered the high risk people and frontline staff (police and teachers should have been included though!), so don't mind waiting a bit longer x"

I know for a fact that some police are being vaccinated early as they are offering any unused vaccine at the end of the day to the police. Makes complete sense. It's appalling to think vaccine would be wasted owing to some people not turning up for their appointments when there are supply problems.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

torremolinos

My friend from Gran Canaria was given his second dose 4 weeks after the first. As he was heading back to Gran Canaria. He just asked his doctor and it was sorted for him.

"My friend from Gran Canaria was given his second dose 4 weeks after the first. As he was heading back to Gran Canaria. He just asked his doctor and it was sorted for him. "

My mother had a similar experience. She asked for it earlier and got it.

"My friend from Gran Canaria was given his second dose 4 weeks after the first. As he was heading back to Gran Canaria. He just asked his doctor and it was sorted for him.

My mother had a similar experience. She asked for it earlier and got it. "

It completely depends on area and supply.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Aparently after your first 2 injections you will need two more annually so there will obviously be a shortage later this year. "

I don't think we currently know the duration of immunity acquired from each of the jabs yet, as there's not been sufficient time to measure this yet. We have projected needs to topup with a jab that's been tested as effective against new variants. That frequency could depend on the likely impact of new variants, without treatment. From early on, it was also thought likely to have an annual booster, like the flu jab does - and currently a combined jab is being exlored.

Things are uncertain because most of the world isn't vaccinated and many countries have none and haven't started. Trump fan Bolsonaro in Brazil is letting it ravage his people, so variants are likely to be around for some time, until richer nations help poorer countries out more

Very interesting and good news. Although I think , as another member already mention, it’s related to supplies locally rather than any official change in policy.

I've had both my jabs, 28 days apart

Mrs C

"My friend from Gran Canaria was given his second dose 4 weeks after the first. As he was heading back to Gran Canaria. He just asked his doctor and it was sorted for him.

It completely depends on area and supply."

Is this definitely so?

Is this definitely so?"

Yes.

The official government guidelines and NHS website say Most people will receive their 2ed jab 11 to 12 weeks after the 1st.

It completely depends on supply and many people have had their 2nd the second jab put back to 12 weeks if there is a supply issue.

Also everyone on this thread have explained this to you.

Is this definitely so?

Yes.

The official government guidelines and NHS website say Most people will receive their 2ed jab 11 to 12 weeks after the 1st.

It completely depends on supply and many people have had their 2nd the second jab put back to 12 weeks if there is a supply issue.

Also everyone on this thread have explained this to you. "

No, I don't think everybody has been explaining that to me. Respectfully, you might be overlooking a subtlety in what I'm saying. 12 weeks is the norm/default I'm the UK. That's what the government decided to do based upon our own scientific advice irrespective of the basis of the approval. As I'm sure you know, the objective was to make sure that as many people were vaccinated as quickly as possible. Based upon the scientific advice, the benefit was deemed to outweigh any perceived risk of going "off book".

I haven't seen any real evidence that supply has been an issue thus far from the perspective of allowing ad-hoc requests for early second jabs. If you know of any actual evidence of supply being an issue, beyond anecdotal, I'm happy to be corrected.

Is this definitely so?

Yes.

No, I don't think everybody has been explaining that to me. Respectfully, you might be overlooking a subtlety in what I'm saying. 12 weeks is the norm/default I'm the UK. That's what the government decided to do based upon our own scientific advice irrespective of the basis of the approval. As I'm sure you know, the objective was to make sure that as many people were vaccinated as quickly as possible. Based upon the scientific advice, the benefit was deemed to outweigh any perceived risk of going "off book".

I haven't seen any real evidence that supply has been an issue thus far from the perspective of allowing ad-hoc requests for early second jabs. If you know of any actual evidence of supply being an issue, beyond anecdotal, I'm happy to be corrected. "

It has been widely reported by astra zeneca they are expecting a supply issue in April and it has been reported across the media for weeks that they are expecting a pause or delay in people getting this 1st vaccine in April as they need to prioritise the 2nd vaccines for the most vulnerable.

A quick Google search will tell you that this isn't made up information and has been around for weeks and many people on this thread have said that.

Is this definitely so?

Yes.

I haven't seen any real evidence that supply has been an issue thus far from the perspective of allowing ad-hoc requests for early second jabs. If you know of any actual evidence of supply being an issue, beyond anecdotal, I'm happy to be corrected.

It has been widely reported by astra zeneca they are expecting a supply issue in April and it has been reported across the media for weeks that they are expecting a pause or delay in people getting this 1st vaccine in April as they need to prioritise the 2nd vaccines for the most vulnerable.

A quick Google search will tell you that this isn't made up information and has been around for weeks and many people on this thread have said that."

No, I'm sorry to say it's supposition and inference, not evidence. Google can tell me lots of things, but not necessarily the right thing.

From reading the news, I understand that there will be a reduction in supply of the OAZ vaccine in April, and the Health Secretary was saying that there would be a reduction in bookings available (but no cancellation of first dose bookings already made for April) for the first doses. However, to infer from that that supply is an issue for ad-hoc requests for second doses or hospital based vaccinations in special circumstances is not something that one can accurately infer from such information and I very much doubt that even the mighty Google will probably have an answer to that specific corner case, which was a very specific question that I asked.

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Very fortunate to have mine, waiting on the second possibility 3 weeks away

» Add a new message to this topic