FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Identification vaccine .

Identification vaccine .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heblackmac OP   Man  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

The Government will come up strongly on Identification vaccine stamp ie. Passport vaccine stamp,Drivers license vaccine stamp etc.

Swingers clubs, night clubs, resorts, hotels etc this are the places where government is looking at and it is more of social contact, if you not Identification vaccinated sorry to say that you are NOT allowed in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Thats going to go down well with the people who cannot be vaccinated, I can see discrimination cases being bought against gov

This solution does not work for all

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

Good. Just get vaccinated and protect all society. We'll feel safer going into mass gathering environments knowing everyone is vaccinated or carries antibodies or has just taken a negative test.

Southport

"Thats going to go down well with the people who cannot be vaccinated, I can see discrimination cases being bought against gov

This solution does not work for all "

But they can be tested if they can't take the vaccine. The passport will include negative tests and antibody carriers.

In a Sparkly Dress

"Thats going to go down well with the people who cannot be vaccinated, I can see discrimination cases being bought against gov

But they can be tested if they can't take the vaccine. The passport will include negative tests and antibody carriers."

Is this confirmed, I hope they do as that's a fair system and I hope all travel sources take it on board

Southport

But they can be tested if they can't take the vaccine. The passport will include negative tests and antibody carriers.

Is this confirmed, I hope they do as that's a fair system and I hope all travel sources take it on board"

Was on the news this morning. Clearly, based on age alone, just being vaccinated is discriminatory at present because younger people haven't been offered the vaccine yet so the government have had to extend the suggested solutions to help everyone.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Crash helmets on for more violent protests

This isn't going to end well

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Crash helmets on for more violent protests

This isn't going to end well "

Ive been thinking this ever since they brought in these new laws regarding protests.have a funny feeling they are gona be doing stuff that will start affecting a large number of people not just your usual rag tag mob who protest.they know what happens when most of the country are against something just think poll tax riots.they trying to getahead of what they think is coming.personaly think its gona bea long drawn out summer.loads of protests and if they gona make it difficult to get into clubs and stuff think u will be seeing more illegal partys than you have done since the 80s and early 90s

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"Good. Just get vaccinated and protect all society. We'll feel safer going into mass gathering environments knowing everyone is vaccinated or carries antibodies or has just taken a negative test. "

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is important to remember that "nothing" has been decided. There will be a trial to see how a system could work, and it would need to be debated and voted on.

The press have actually been pushing thus "vaccine passport" idea since this time last year, the government didn't come up with the idea... and had previously ruled it out.

Cal

Scunthorpe

The government also said that it "couldn't" implement something like this until everyone had been given a chance to be vaccinated.

Cal

"It is important to remember that "nothing" has been decided. There will be a trial to see how a system could work, and it would need to be debated and voted on.

The press have actually been pushing thus "vaccine passport" idea since this time last year, the government didn't come up with the idea... and had previously ruled it out.

Cal"

If you think that the press came up with this idea, who do you think planted the idea in the first place? Journalists are notorious for having "off the record" briefings from members of the government.

So...If I /can't/don't want to/ take a vaccine, I should stay at home until end of my life?

"So...If I /can't/don't want to/ take a vaccine, I should stay at home until end of my life?

"

Yes. Panic buy so you have enough of everything until you do die

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"So...If I /can't/don't want to/ take a vaccine, I should stay at home until end of my life?

"

As I understand it you would not have to stay at home. You just wouldn't be able to go to places or events where you potentially put others at risk. Like having to have a yellow fever certificate when travelling to many places in Africa.

Yes. Panic buy so you have enough of everything until you do die "

Good to know. Now I don't want to get a vaccine.I'm going to buy a shirt with inskription: "NOT VACCINATED!". Nice way to get rid off anoying people.

Good to know. Now I don't want to get a vaccine.I'm going to buy a shirt with inskription: "NOT VACCINATED!". Nice way to get rid off anoying people.

"

And dont forget to delete your fab account. You are riddled with disease. You need naming and shaming

Bloody hell

And dont forget to delete your fab account. You are riddled with disease. You need naming and shaming

Bloody hell "

Absolutely agreed!

Scunthorpe

"It is important to remember that "nothing" has been decided. There will be a trial to see how a system could work, and it would need to be debated and voted on.

Cal

-------

If you think that the press came up with this idea, who do you think planted the idea in the first place? Journalists are notorious for having "off the record" briefings from members of the government."

So you don't think that anyone in the press is capable of coming up with something by themselves? Have you read a newspaper recently, it's nearly all made up.

In reality, the idea was being circulated on social media long before anywhere else. The press then jumped on the band wagon.

There are obviously people that think a "vaccine passport" would mean that the country could get back to normal, and there is considerable pressure applied to make that happen.

It makes little sense that the government would actually want a scheme like this though, it will be expensive to do, requiring new (expensive) IT systems, a new government department to manage it, huge potential for embarrassing failures and alienated voters.

"

No..chill..you can still go to mass events..you will just need to show a negative test..

Just think of the issues and uproar that came out after Cheltenham... they are just trying to mitigate the risk as far as possible to allow such event to come back so we can all go. Does not look like they are aimed at pubs and restaurants but there's nothing to stop an individual landlord from making their own rules..

Foreign travel is a different issue as it's the other countries decision..

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

As I understand it you would not have to stay at home. You just wouldn't be able to go to places or events where you potentially put others at risk. Like having to have a yellow fever certificate when travelling to many places in Africa."

So with all these different variants sweeping the globe...it's going to be the vaccinated on their holidays abroad bringing back the new variants to this country.

Scunthorpe

As I understand it you would not have to stay at home. You just wouldn't be able to go to places or events where you potentially put others at risk. Like having to have a yellow fever certificate when travelling to many places in Africa.

-----

So with all these different variants sweeping the globe...it's going to be the vaccinated on their holidays abroad bringing back the new variants to this country."

As long as the vaccines are still effective, the new variants are not really relevant. All of the available vaccines are effective against all strains so far.

Cal

Is this confirmed, I hope they do as that's a fair system and I hope all travel sources take it on board

Was on the news this morning. Clearly, based on age alone, just being vaccinated is discriminatory at present because younger people haven't been offered the vaccine yet so the government have had to extend the suggested solutions to help everyone."

I can see the next argument on the horizon if the proof of negative test follows the international travel test and its associated costs ... "That's discrimination, their vaccination was free, why should I have to pay for a test".

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

So then an exemption stamp is also needed perhaps?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I can see the next argument on the horizon if the proof of negative test follows the international travel test and its associated costs ... "That's discrimination, their vaccination was free, why should I have to pay for a test"."

Because people are choosing to travel

In a Sparkly Dress

Was on the news this morning. Clearly, based on age alone, just being vaccinated is discriminatory at present because younger people haven't been offered the vaccine yet so the government have had to extend the suggested solutions to help everyone.

I can see the next argument on the horizon if the proof of negative test follows the international travel test and its associated costs ... "That's discrimination, their vaccination was free, why should I have to pay for a test"."

If the travel sector added a small cost onto everyone's ticket price then it would be easily swallowed up for tests

Just to be clear, swingers clubs or any other adult venues weren't mentioned in the news on this, so this cements my thinking that they aren't going to be allowed to open when nightclubs, cinemas etc open.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"The Government will come up strongly on Identification vaccine stamp ie. Passport vaccine stamp,Drivers license vaccine stamp etc.

Swingers clubs, night clubs, resorts, hotels etc this are the places where government is looking at and it is more of social contact, if you not Identification vaccinated sorry to say that you are NOT allowed in.

"

ver are your papers ve must ave the correct papers to travel

Leeds

"

ver are your papers ve must ave the correct papers to travel "

We have always needed a passport to travel

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

As everyone is going to be offered to lft tests twice a week, it will resolve the cost issue of needing a test to go to a social event.

Even with the vaccine this is something I will continue, it’s peace of mind I’m not carrying it although not suffering any effects.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I have a bit of an issue with this use of the 'can't be vaccinated' response all the time to posts .. Instead would it not be better to take as 'read' that people who can not be vaccinated currently will be just as soon as a new strain that suits them has been developed.. Which makes the situation a bit more equal and all encompassing for everyone perhaps?

The reality is that the only people a vaccine passport would impact would be those who refuse to get one.. Fair enough! Human rights etc.. That I suggest does not stop anyone taking tests and frankly I think anyone refusing to do so would be perpetuating the problem..

I think we just need people to be able to prove they are Covid free then we can all get back to living . Darwin theory can take care of the other details..

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

I have a problem with the assumption that anyone not vaccinated is a risk. Someone is only a risk if they are infected at a point in time. Those who have been vaccinated needn’t fear the unvaccinated otherwise vaccination is pointless. Once 70% of the population has been vaccinated or have previously had Covid, are we not then at the point of herd immunity? Request a negative test result for access to mass gatherings, I’m fine with that as a principle, but we must never as a society enforce or otherwise pressgang people into vaccinations that are still in trial phases and where the pharma companies have been given a blanket immunity from prosecution.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The Government will come up strongly on Identification vaccine stamp ie. Passport vaccine stamp,Drivers license vaccine stamp etc.

"

Think your jumping the gun lets see what happens

I have a bit of an issue with this use of the 'can't be vaccinated' response all the time to posts .. Instead would it not be better to take as 'read' that people who can not be vaccinated currently will be just as soon as a new strain that suits them has been developed.. Which makes the situation a bit more equal and all encompassing for everyone perhaps?

The reality is that the only people a vaccine passport would impact would be those who refuse to get one.. Fair enough! Human rights etc.. That I suggest does not stop anyone taking tests and frankly I think anyone refusing to do so would be perpetuating the problem..

I think we just need people to be able to prove they are Covid free then we can all get back to living . Darwin theory can take care of the other details..

"

I agree with this.

Other than those under 18 the amount of people that can't have any of the vaccinations is negligible.

I heard a radio interview last week where this question was asked and the doctor being interviewed said its probably less than 1% of the population.

stafford

Arguably young people have got longer time left to be able to go on foreign holiday in the future whereas the 55 plus bracket may not have.. Also another theory is that keeping roughly the same age groups as the ones travelling may go in some way to keep things on some sort of equal level maybe?

:/

"I have a problem with the assumption that anyone not vaccinated is a risk. Someone is only a risk if they are infected at a point in time. Those who have been vaccinated needn’t fear the unvaccinated otherwise vaccination is pointless. Once 70% of the population has been vaccinated or have previously had Covid, are we not then at the point of herd immunity? Request a negative test result for access to mass gatherings, I’m fine with that as a principle, but we must never as a society enforce or otherwise pressgang people into vaccinations that are still in trial phases and where the pharma companies have been given a blanket immunity from prosecution."

The vaccines that are currently in use are not in trial phases.

The amount of time a normal vaccination is trial is between 9 and 12 months and on about 40000 people. The phizer was trialed for 9 months on 43000 people.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

nothing has been decided yet at all. It's being trialled at a few events

stafford

"

If you can't.. Genuinely can't.. Then it's likely you will be in the future.. New strains of vaccine to deal with allergies and adverse reactions etc

If you won't? Then assuming you have never taken an experimental ' legal high /Mcat type drug, smoked a cigarette, or swallowed a headache pill...

Then that way of thinking is a bit hypocritical from someone I suggest..

its all about total Control the people

If you can't.. Genuinely can't.. Then it's likely you will be in the future.. New strains of vaccine to deal with allergies and adverse reactions etc

If you won't? Then assuming you have never taken an experimental ' legal high /Mcat type drug, smoked a cigarette, or swallowed a headache pill...

Then that way of thinking is a bit hypocritical from someone I suggest.. "

So...vaccinated people a safe, right? Than that doesn't matter for those people do I have COVID or not, or did I take a vaccine or not. Or should I wear a sign or badge:"I AM NOT VACCINATED"?

And, you know, certain people of certain religion was obligated by law to wear a certain sign...in certain country...during WW2. They are also not allowed to enter everywhere.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The 'passport' is under discussion and probably will be optional for places, who will probably use it if they see that their business could retain to profitability sooner. It will also depend on how well its introduced - I wouldn't hold much faith in them doing a great job, seeing how £37 billions on track and trace has fared

The sooner the country has very high levels of vaccination, the easier it is for such options to be near obsolete. It's becoming just a minority who are hesitant now and perhaps they will see a civic responsibility to help others and society to open more fully up, as safely as possible.

As the end days near, it will probably just be triple layered tin foil hat wearers, after right minded people come to their senses.

Central

So...vaccinated people a safe, right? Than that doesn't matter for those people do I have COVID or not, or did I take a vaccine or not. Or should I wear a sign or badge:"I AM NOT VACCINATED"?

And, you know, certain people of certain religion was obligated by law to wear a certain sign...in certain country...during WW2. They are also not allowed to enter everywhere.

"

My Virus forum Bingo Card is filling up nicely

Leeds

"

My Virus forum Bingo Card is filling up nicely "

What if Jeremy Corbyn had been in charge ?

"

That is just a little bit different because firstly this is not an invasion and secondly this is a choice you can choose to have the vaccine or not which is entirely different to what happened in world war 2.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I would assume that if you CANT....then you would need some sort of doctors certification.... that sorts out that issue, and then if you can’t take the tests twice a week... and that sorts out that issue

If you WONT.... then with any decision comes with a consequence..... being left out of some things is your consequence

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

"I have a problem with the assumption that anyone not vaccinated is a risk. Someone is only a risk if they are infected at a point in time. Those who have been vaccinated needn’t fear the unvaccinated otherwise vaccination is pointless. Once 70% of the population has been vaccinated or have previously had Covid, are we not then at the point of herd immunity? Request a negative test result for access to mass gatherings, I’m fine with that as a principle, but we must never as a society enforce or otherwise pressgang people into vaccinations that are still in trial phases and where the pharma companies have been given a blanket immunity from prosecution.

The amount of time a normal vaccination is trial is between 9 and 12 months and on about 40000 people. The phizer was trialed for 9 months on 43000 people.

"

According to Reuters ‘ Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine has been given an “estimated study completion date” of Jan. 31, 2023 (here). For the COVID-19 vaccine created by Moderna, studies are expected to end on Oct. 27, 2022 (here).’

Central

"

What if Jeremy Corbyn had been in charge ?"

That would almost have got me to full house

Central

"I have a problem with the assumption that anyone not vaccinated is a risk. Someone is only a risk if they are infected at a point in time. Those who have been vaccinated needn’t fear the unvaccinated otherwise vaccination is pointless. Once 70% of the population has been vaccinated or have previously had Covid, are we not then at the point of herd immunity? Request a negative test result for access to mass gatherings, I’m fine with that as a principle, but we must never as a society enforce or otherwise pressgang people into vaccinations that are still in trial phases and where the pharma companies have been given a blanket immunity from prosecution.

According to Reuters ‘ Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine has been given an “estimated study completion date” of Jan. 31, 2023 (here). For the COVID-19 vaccine created by Moderna, studies are expected to end on Oct. 27, 2022 (here).’ "

You've seen the published research evidence for the stage 3 trials I assume? Having further prolonged research is a really positive thing.

I hate the divide this virus has caused. Currently at the stage of vaccinated V unvaccinated.

I respect everyone's choice, next week there will be a different argument once we are all clear on what's happening after Boris speaks. It's an extremely "clever" virus. Its stripped us of all the things that come natural to us as human beings , taken our loved ones, our sanity and in lots of cases compassion & respect towards other people

"That is just a little bit different because firstly this is not an invasion and secondly this is a choice you can choose to have the vaccine or not which is entirely different to what happened in world war 2."

So...if I choose to not tak a vaccine, I'll be marked as dangerous for society?

I just trying to say that all story about vaccine ID or passport or whatsoever is totaly unnecessarily. Furhermore, UK Government in future, after June this year, will treat COVID like flu (according to media).

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I hate the divide this virus has caused. Currently at the stage of vaccinated V unvaccinated.

I respect everyone's choice, next week there will be a different argument once we are all clear on what's happening after Boris speaks. It's an extremely "clever" virus. Its stripped us of all the things that come natural to us as human beings , taken our loved ones, our sanity and in lots of cases compassion & respect towards other people "

Nope, we did that ..or at least done it to ourselves. The virus is a virus.

"I hate the divide this virus has caused. Currently at the stage of vaccinated V unvaccinated.

I respect everyone's choice, next week there will be a different argument once we are all clear on what's happening after Boris speaks. It's an extremely "clever" virus. Its stripped us of all the things that come natural to us as human beings , taken our loved ones, our sanity and in lots of cases compassion & respect towards other people

Nope, we did that ..or at least done it to ourselves. The virus is a virus."

I didn't because I'm accepting of peoples choices. I've done my bit, had both jabs, I can't make anyone do what I think is right. Everyone needs to calm down

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I just trying to say that all story about vaccine ID or passport or whatsoever is totaly unnecessarily. Furhermore, UK Government in future, after June this year, will treat COVID like flu (according to media)."

You missed a bit at the end of the post......... you are missing “for those people who have had the covid jabs.....”

Okay.... let me flip the question around.... if you decide not to get the jab, then why should you be treated the same? Actions and consequences

I respect everyone's choice, next week there will be a different argument once we are all clear on what's happening after Boris speaks. It's an extremely "clever" virus. Its stripped us of all the things that come natural to us as human beings , taken our loved ones, our sanity and in lots of cases compassion & respect towards other people "

These devides have been here there a very long time it's just come to the forefront.

"

I just trying to say that all story about vaccine ID or passport or whatsoever is totaly unnecessarily. Furhermore, UK Government in future, after June this year, will treat COVID like flu (according to media).

You missed a bit at the end of the post......... you are missing “for those people who have had the covid jabs.....”

Okay.... let me flip the question around.... if you decide not to get the jab, then why should you be treated the same? Actions and consequences "

And I'll be treated like what? Dangerous for society? Bad, bad man?

Scunthorpe

"

-----

What if Jeremy Corbyn had been in charge ?"

He probably wouldn't have given billions of quid away to his chums, and would have probably prioritised people over money.

Ultimately though, I doubt if we would have noticed much difference and the people who are not happy now would still be "not happy"

stafford

"That is just a little bit different because firstly this is not an invasion and secondly this is a choice you can choose to have the vaccine or not which is entirely different to what happened in world war 2.

So...if I choose to not tak a vaccine, I'll be marked as dangerous for society?

I just trying to say that all story about vaccine ID or passport or whatsoever is totaly unnecessarily. Furhermore, UK Government in future, after June this year, will treat COVID like flu (according to media)."

I am going to try to offer a general opinion on this ..

You seem to find this need to prove you are safe as almost offensive and your attitude is that of a schoolboy who won't go to bed on time or tidy his room.. Somehow thinking it's okay to buck the trend let's say?

So here is the thing

I am more concerned about the impact this sort of attitude has on somev people.

The less strong willed who listen to the Facebook YouTube lies pumping out of America from the 'deniers' let's call them..they worry me a lot because they are dangerous .

All that aside.. Vaccine is your choice to take or not to .in the future you/we will I am sure need to take it to do certain jobs.. Otherwise you should moly don't work in those roles simple as that . Anyone working with other people teachers, landlords, NHS, police, emergency, supermarkets, tradesmen working indoors.. And lots of others are going to need to prove they are Covid safe.. No argument exists to say they can avoid it.. Safeguarding and general health of us all will depend on it .. So as unpopular an opinion as it is I say vaccinations can't be avoided and will become mandatory for a hell of a lot of people.

I suggest testing and getting tested is not your choice really.

However, without vaccine being developed for a whole host of other things you or some of your family relatives would already now be dead . We owe a debt of thanks to early pioneers who ignored the doubters and the deniers over the years.. Today everyone needs to feel safe..I and my family certainly do.. So if you for example was attempting to go into the same building as me for work, social etc I would be wanting to know why.. As would I suggest at least 80 percent of the others.. So you wouldnt be a big bad man.. You would just be a potential hazard to everyone's health and likely in the future be treated as such.. This is not about the individual really its about everyone who has struggled and put up with so much over the last year.. Frankly no one wants to let anyone down do they?

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"

Very much disagree with any need for covid passports or any testing to access events or pubs of any kind ....

Have the vaccine yes , but after that normal life has to be forthcoming.... liberty and freedom are very important

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

So maybe club's have an age limit for entry ?

Currently that would be let's say 50 plus

And they may change that to over 40 , then over 30 etc

Obviously nothing to do with covid and vacinating ,

Just down to the age range they want through their doors

Scunthorpe

"So maybe club's have an age limit for entry ?

Just down to the age range they want through their doors"

There are plenty of people outside of the "age range" that have been vaccinated. Most people in the NHS and Care industries, I personally know lots of teachers (some in their 20s) and police/firemen who have been.

Cal

stafford

Very much disagree with any need for covid passports or any testing to access events or pubs of any kind ....

Have the vaccine yes , but after that normal life has to be forthcoming.... liberty and freedom are very important "

I agree that freedom and liberty are important. However, would argue so is people's safety? Security? And general well being.

Testing must come into force for everyone that's the only way we are going to get everyone's confidence back..

If this is an attack on personal freedom why do we vaccinate kids? Stay home when we are ill etc?

We keep ourselves safe to keep everyone safe it is really that simple.

I would object in the strongest of terms if I found I was in the same building or on an aircraft, ship etc as someone who could not or would not prove their health status.. And as far as adult clubs etc.. If its not mandatory then I am sure people will not go.. Some small number will some won't I guess..

Additionally if the government don't grow a pair and decide one way or another how things are going to be there is going to be a very divided nation even world over this . They need to nail whatever flag they have to a post and not leave any decisions to proprietors and landlords etc.. That's unfair and completely cowardly in my opinion ..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Have the vaccine yes , but after that normal life has to be forthcoming.... liberty and freedom are very important

I agree that freedom and liberty are important. However, would argue so is people's safety? Security? And general well being.

Testing must come into force for everyone that's the only way we are going to get everyone's confidence back..

If this is an attack on personal freedom why do we vaccinate kids? Stay home when we are ill etc?

I would object in the strongest of terms if I found I was in the same building or on an aircraft, ship etc as someone who could not or would not prove their health status.. And as far as adult clubs etc.. If its not mandatory then I am sure people will not go.. Some small number will some won't I guess..

Additionally if the government don't grow a pair and decide one way or another how things are going to be there is going to be a very divided nation even world over this . They need to nail whatever flag they have to a post and not leave any decisions to proprietors and landlords etc.. That's unfair and completely cowardly in my opinion ..

"

Well, they've heard you on the flag bit. Just not the rest.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Another blatantly speculative post

"So maybe club's have an age limit for entry ?

Just down to the age range they want through their doors

There are plenty of people outside of the "age range" that have been vaccinated. Most people in the NHS and Care industries, I personally know lots of teachers (some in their 20s) and police/firemen who have been.

Cal"

Agreed there are about 23 million people over 50 in the UK.

So that suggests that around 9 to 10 million under 50's have been vaccinated.

stafford

"Crash helmets on for more violent protests

This isn't going to end well

Ive been thinking this ever since they brought in these new laws regarding protests.have a funny feeling they are gona be doing stuff that will start affecting a large number of people not just your usual rag tag mob who protest.they know what happens when most of the country are against something just think poll tax riots.they trying to getahead of what they think is coming.personaly think its gona bea long drawn out summer.loads of protests and if they gona make it difficult to get into clubs and stuff think u will be seeing more illegal partys than you have done since the 80s and early 90s"

I responded to a thread on this recently and literally got shot down for even suggesting it..Patel was in such a hurry to pass this bill its frightening.. That's why people protested and rioted.. And everyone came down on the side of the government over it..

Funny how some people are not looking further than the end of their nose out there isn't it.. There will be bigger problems when furlough ends and unemployment rises and people wake up to the fact that the poor take off the Summer piss up lockdown bbq in the back garden fun) over the last 2 years are getting royally buggered again but this time much worse than ever .. And testing vaccination will become mandatory for lots of job roles.. Oh and then there's the how do we pay it all back question.. Which will no doubt create more dissent and protests because not everyone got furlough payments did they but they did lose their homes and become heavily in debt though !

We are in for a winter of enormous discontent and I have no doubt about that.. How we bounce back from it is going to be anyone's guess.. Some would argue that historically the 'plague' should have happened and wiped out much more of us to keep the population down.. Now it hasn't.. What will it take I wonder? A war maybe? :/

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"

Disagree, so long as you’ve had the vaccine that’s as much as you can hope for ..... covid has to be lived with, we can not expect it to be eradicated

stafford

"

Sorry but I'm not having that ridiculous star of David analogy that people keep using .. This is entirely different ! Very different in fact . So perhaps you should think a little differently before you suggest we are all asking a minority to wear badges they don't want? .. We would have smallpox, polio, diphtheria and lots more if it wasn't for vaccine experimentation throughout the ages and yes yiu me and everyone else is a guinea pig in this whole system.. Whether we like it or not .. Everything has to be tested to see if it works that's what testing means .. Legal and illegal drugs work like that always have always will ..

Suggest you read my post that currently favours testing as a controlled solution to us getting out of here not vaccination .... Not really seeing what your concern is other than too much self . However, I will put forward the fairly cast iron argument that vaccinated people are ' Safer' and that's pretty much proved beyond doubt.. I will expect in future for there to be safety measures in place to stop those who refuse to be tested being in the same vicinity.. And I won't be the only one

Consider a positive test results in 10 days unpaid leave and associated costs

for someone.. No ones going to want to be risking that in the immediate future I think.

In a Sparkly Dress

Boris has just said it's not coming in till June if the trials starting in April work

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Boris has just said it's not coming in till June if the trials starting in April work"

You might want to read the full roadmap document... I think it is likely to be inevitable there will be some sort of vaccine certification coming...

Well, you got that wrong.

stafford

"Well, you got that wrong. "

Actually.. No. Boris was very clear that there is absolutely going to be some form of certification /proof needed even in just the short term.. Which I think is great and gives us all a chance.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well, you got that wrong.

Actually.. No. Boris was very clear that there is absolutely going to be some form of certification /proof needed even in just the short term.. Which I think is great and gives us all a chance. "

Hear hear

"Boris has just said it's not coming in till June if the trials starting in April work"
and that it absolutely wont be for use in shops/ pubs etc. Just the bigger events and travel

But you can still get covid even if you have had a vaccine. Makes sense

Manchester (she/her)

"But you can still get covid even if you have had a vaccine. Makes sense"

In the same way you can be infected with measles or polio, which are controlled by vaccines.

Amazing, this facts thing.

"But you can still get covid even if you have had a vaccine. Makes sense

In the same way you can be infected with measles or polio, which are controlled by vaccines.

Amazing, this facts thing."

never had a vaccine in my life and I'm healthy so who knows

Amazing, this facts thing."

but what point are you making here? We don't need a measel vaccine passport or a tuberculosis vaccine passport

Actually.. No. Boris was very clear that there is absolutely going to be some form of certification /proof needed even in just the short term.. Which I think is great and gives us all a chance.

Hear hear"

are you a politician or do you directly benefit in some way from this cause the way you go on about it in here seems like you get paid to do it. Full time job on the virus forum

Manchester (she/her)

Amazing, this facts thing.but what point are you making here? We don't need a measel vaccine passport or a tuberculosis vaccine passport "

I'm pointing out that "can still catch it" is misleading.

Those diseases are under control because of mass vaccination. Covid is not (yet).

Amazing, this facts thing.but what point are you making here? We don't need a measel vaccine passport or a tuberculosis vaccine passport

Those diseases are under control because of mass vaccination. Covid is not (yet)."

how the hell is that misleading.... crazy things aren't they these "facts"

So you're saying if you had a vaccine you can't catch it?

Manchester (she/her)

Amazing, this facts thing.but what point are you making here? We don't need a measel vaccine passport or a tuberculosis vaccine passport

Those diseases are under control because of mass vaccination. Covid is not (yet).how the hell is that misleading.... crazy things aren't they these "facts""

Infection is being conflated with disease to minimise the effectiveness of the vaccine.

stafford

Amazing, this facts thing.never had a vaccine in my life and I'm healthy so who knows "

Hmm some would suggest your parents were pretty irresponsible if they didn't get you vaccinated as a child? Though if course there may be legitimate reasons etc

Also.. The fact that you are healthy or think you are healthy ( which you may not be!) is not relevant.. It's about other people. Their health.. The Weak, old, vulnerable in some way.. And the NHS that's why everyone's doing this.or are you thinking about only the strongest surviving and stuff the rest?

You need to understand being healthy makes not much difference at all frankly to the situation

Amazing, this facts thing.never had a vaccine in my life and I'm healthy so who knows "

you will have had them as a child

Amazing, this facts thing.never had a vaccine in my life and I'm healthy so who knows

Hmm some would suggest your parents were pretty irresponsible if they didn't get you vaccinated as a child? Though if course there may be legitimate reasons etc

Also.. The fact that you are healthy or think you are healthy ( which you may not be!) is not relevant.. It's about other people. Their health.. The Weak, old, vulnerable in some way.. And the NHS that's why everyone's doing this.or are you thinking about only the strongest surviving and stuff the rest?

You need to understand being healthy makes not much difference at all frankly to the situation "

and some would suggest my upbringing is none of your business. Good day to you

Manchester (she/her)

Amazing, this facts thing.never had a vaccine in my life and I'm healthy so who knows

You need to understand being healthy makes not much difference at all frankly to the situation "

It's probably herd immunity. If you've truly never had a vaccine, you can thank your community for protecting you.

Amazing, this facts thing.never had a vaccine in my life and I'm healthy so who knows you will have had them as a child "

nope I haven't had one I asked my mother. She has had her covid vaccine (Oxford one) and she is totally fine BTW

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"The government also said that it "couldn't" implement something like this until everyone had been given a chance to be vaccinated.

Cal"

I heard in the radio that it will be trialled,to see what needs tweaking for the big roll out.

I came upto you with a syringe full of drugs and said inject this would you? No

But a doctor who has been authorised by a government thats fine

Manchester (she/her)

"I came upto you with a syringe full of drugs and said inject this would you? No

But a doctor who has been authorised by a government thats fine "

Yes, a random person with god knows what is exactly the same as someone with years of training with something that has been approved as safe by appropriate bodies

so a perfectly healthy person has the same chance of dying as someone who let's say has lung problems of some kind? (As we know covid attacks the respiratory system) so we're told

"I came upto you with a syringe full of drugs and said inject this would you? No

Yes, a random person with god knows what is exactly the same as someone with years of training with something that has been approved as safe by appropriate bodies "

But you cannot be certain can you. You're not stupid

But a doctor who has been authorised by a government thats fine "

is that really your arguement... ?

A vaccine is an authorised person giving a tried and tested vaccine. And yes that tried and tested does include covid..

But this post is about vaccine passports of which there isn't going to be for day to day living... they are going to trial it at a few large events...and I'd expect it to be required for travel.

We had to agree to be vaccinated when I applied for my recent job..

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, a random person with god knows what is exactly the same as someone with years of training with something that has been approved as safe by appropriate bodies But you cannot be certain can you. You're not stupid "

As certain as I am that my drinking water is safe, my food is safe, my house won't collapse, cars won't randomly blow up, etc.

Similar regulations we all rely upon.

In fact I'd trust vaccines before I trusted my drinking water, food, house, etc. Because I understand the way they're tested and know how safe and effective they are.

Yes, a random person with god knows what is exactly the same as someone with years of training with something that has been approved as safe by appropriate bodies But you cannot be certain can you. You're not stupid

As certain as I am that my drinking water is safe, my food is safe, my house won't collapse, cars won't randomly blow up, etc.

In fact I'd trust vaccines before I trusted my drinking water, food, house, etc. Because I understand the way they're tested and know how safe and effective they are."

how do you exactly? you drink your water everyday so yea you know thats safe but you don't really know anything anything about vaccines. Tell me where did you study what degrees ect have you got on this subject? All you know is what you're told

And houses do collapse and cars do blow up and your food most definitely kills you.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, a random person with god knows what is exactly the same as someone with years of training with something that has been approved as safe by appropriate bodies But you cannot be certain can you. You're not stupid

In fact I'd trust vaccines before I trusted my drinking water, food, house, etc. Because I understand the way they're tested and know how safe and effective they are.how do you exactly? you drink your water everyday so yea you know thats safe but you don't really know anything anything about vaccines. Tell me where did you study what degrees ect have you got on this subject? All you know is what you're told"

My education is irrelevant except that it taught me the power of critical thinking. I know enough statistics to be able to parse the papers, which very much exist. I'm able to find reliable sources of information, I ask lots of questions, and I interrogate what I find. I'm not spoon fed.

And yes, bad things happen. Including with vaccines. But the risk is much lower than the risk we accept every day with many other things.

stafford

You need to understand being healthy makes not much difference at all frankly to the situation so a perfectly healthy person has the same chance of dying as someone who let's say has lung problems of some kind? (As we know covid attacks the respiratory system) so we're told"

Not sure how your reply relates to everyone's safety? You seem to be focusing entirely on your own health again

In fact I'd trust vaccines before I trusted my drinking water, food, house, etc. Because I understand the way they're tested and know how safe and effective they are.how do you exactly? you drink your water everyday so yea you know thats safe but you don't really know anything anything about vaccines. Tell me where did you study what degrees ect have you got on this subject? All you know is what you're told

My education is irrelevant except that it taught me the power of critical thinking. I know enough statistics to be able to parse the papers, which very much exist. I'm able to find reliable sources of information, I ask lots of questions, and I interrogate what I find. I'm not spoon fed.

And yes, bad things happen. Including with vaccines. But the risk is much lower than the risk we accept every day with many other things."

But in all seriousness you aren't a qualified health practitioner of any kind are you? And yes you can find valid information out there but essentially this all it is is information it's not fact. Now the fact that that can have the vaccine and still get covid is a fact is it not?

Because that where this started and you said that was misleading but its a fact

"

My understanding is this is speculative at the moment and it's been leaked to maybe guage industries response and public reception.

You make it out as it's an accepted conclusion.

The working of it is going to be a major headache especially if or more to the point when new variants arrive and we find current vaccines are not effective.

stafford

Hear hearare you a politician or do you directly benefit in some way from this cause the way you go on about it in here seems like you get paid to do it. Full time job on the virus forum "

Pretty low blow to decide to try and throw a veiled insult at me. I am far from a politician..Im just an ordinary person with a very good bullshit detector I guess :/

Manchester (she/her)

In fact I'd trust vaccines before I trusted my drinking water, food, house, etc. Because I understand the way they're tested and know how safe and effective they are.how do you exactly? you drink your water everyday so yea you know thats safe but you don't really know anything anything about vaccines. Tell me where did you study what degrees ect have you got on this subject? All you know is what you're told

And yes, bad things happen. Including with vaccines. But the risk is much lower than the risk we accept every day with many other things. But in all seriousness you aren't a qualified health practitioner of any kind are you? And yes you can find valid information out there but essentially this all it is is information it's not fact. Now the fact that that can have the vaccine and still get covid is a fact is it not?"

No. I'm not a health professional.

Nor have I ever claimed to be, nor has Fab ever claimed that anything here is guaranteed to be factual. I do try to post facts as best I can, based on the reading I do.

Quite why you're questioning me and not some of the other ludicrous stuff that gets posted here I have no idea.

You can be infected with Covid after the vaccine, including after both vaccines and the waiting period to mount an immune response. But a) this may not lead to illness, because not all infection does (in fact the vast majority of vaccines do not prevent infection, and yet they stop disease and spread of disease); b) in some cases even asymptomatic infection has been reduced significantly; and c) it is a higher burden than we hold any other vaccine to.

Let's see:

1. COVID 19 virus exist. And this one is pretty ugly and nasty bastard. But it's not living on trees and bushes and stalking peopke at night.

2. Death toll of COVID 19 in UK is slightly under 3%. On other side, every 8 mins someone dies in UK from coronary heart disease.

3. Vaccinated (first jab) person(s) spreading virus too, about 35-40% less than non-vaccinated. After second jab virus spreading is reduced about 10-15%.

4. Even if you vaccinated, you don't know are you carrier without testing.

5. Ergo - only way to proof you are COVID free is test.

6. No one died because of flu this year?

7. No data how many people recovered from COVID 19?

I just wanted to see how many people will judge the "others" (non vaccinated).

I will die, sooner or later, because of cancer, heart attack, covid, flu, brain stroke, car or airplane crash, hit by bus or train...whatever.

But it's written in every line on my palm, it's my destiny. I am speaking based on fact what I went through my life and survive. And trust me, it was very nasty and very very dangerous for health...and life. But I'm still alive.

Call me idiot, anarchist, stupid, dreamer...I really don't care. Just don't judge others if they have different opinion. Don't mark them like disease of society. They're not threat.

I agree with fact that in near you'll not be able to get to work, going travel, going to theatar, movies, football games, indoors gathering, etc etc without a little paper on which it is written - COVID FREE or TESTED. For me, it will be a sad World.

Manchester (she/her)

"Because that where this started and you said that was misleading but its a fact"

And facts can't be misleading, or told in a misleading way? Good grief.

And yes, bad things happen. Including with vaccines. But the risk is much lower than the risk we accept every day with many other things. But in all seriousness you aren't a qualified health practitioner of any kind are you? And yes you can find valid information out there but essentially this all it is is information it's not fact. Now the fact that that can have the vaccine and still get covid is a fact is it not?

Nor have I ever claimed to be, nor has Fab ever claimed that anything here is guaranteed to be factual. I do try to post facts as best I can, based on the reading I do.

Quite why you're questioning me and not some of the other ludicrous stuff that gets posted here I have no idea.

You can be infected with Covid after the vaccine, including after both vaccines and the waiting period to mount an immune response. But a) this may not lead to illness, because not all infection does (in fact the vast majority of vaccines do not prevent infection, and yet they stop disease and spread of disease); b) in some cases even asymptomatic infection has been reduced significantly; and c) it is a higher burden than we hold any other vaccine to."

ahem you questioned me because I said you can still get covid even if you have had the vaccine I'm just trying to discuss it sensibly

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

This solution does not work for all its all about total Control the people"

Rubbish ,cynical and stupid does not control anyone.They have your internet tapped,camaras all all over the place they have that control now if they want it

"Let's see:

1. COVID 19 virus exist. And this one is pretty ugly and nasty bastard. But it's not living on trees and bushes and stalking peopke at night.

2. Death toll of COVID 19 in UK is slightly under 3%. On other side, every 8 mins someone dies in UK from coronary heart disease.

3. Vaccinated (first jab) person(s) spreading virus too, about 35-40% less than non-vaccinated. After second jab virus spreading is reduced about 10-15%.

4. Even if you vaccinated, you don't know are you carrier without testing.

5. Ergo - only way to proof you are COVID free is test.

6. No one died because of flu this year?

7. No data how many people recovered from COVID 19?

I just wanted to see how many people will judge the "others" (non vaccinated).

I will die, sooner or later, because of cancer, heart attack, covid, flu, brain stroke, car or airplane crash, hit by bus or train...whatever.

But it's written in every line on my palm, it's my destiny. I am speaking based on fact what I went through my life and survive. And trust me, it was very nasty and very very dangerous for health...and life. But I'm still alive.

Call me idiot, anarchist, stupid, dreamer...I really don't care. Just don't judge others if they have different opinion. Don't mark them like disease of society. They're not threat.

I agree with fact that in near you'll not be able to get to work, going travel, going to theatar, movies, football games, indoors gathering, etc etc without a little paper on which it is written - COVID FREE or TESTED. For me, it will be a sad World."

I agree

Manchester (she/her)

And yes, bad things happen. Including with vaccines. But the risk is much lower than the risk we accept every day with many other things. But in all seriousness you aren't a qualified health practitioner of any kind are you? And yes you can find valid information out there but essentially this all it is is information it's not fact. Now the fact that that can have the vaccine and still get covid is a fact is it not?

You can be infected with Covid after the vaccine, including after both vaccines and the waiting period to mount an immune response. But a) this may not lead to illness, because not all infection does (in fact the vast majority of vaccines do not prevent infection, and yet they stop disease and spread of disease); b) in some cases even asymptomatic infection has been reduced significantly; and c) it is a higher burden than we hold any other vaccine to. ahem you questioned me because I said you can still get covid even if you have had the vaccine I'm just trying to discuss it sensibly"

You're comparing a doctor with a vaccination to a random with a syringe of God knows what and you want to discuss vaccination sensibly?!

Hear hearare you a politician or do you directly benefit in some way from this cause the way you go on about it in here seems like you get paid to do it. Full time job on the virus forum

Pretty low blow to decide to try and throw a veiled insult at me. I am far from a politician..Im just an ordinary person with a very good bullshit detector I guess :/"

wasn't aimed at you mate

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

"

No you do a twice weekly test that are available free from Friday to prove you are clear

No you do a twice weekly test that are available free from Friday to prove you are clear"

here's another conspiracy theory for you. Ethylene oxide is how they make the swabs sterile. This what Google say about it. Chronic (long-term) exposure to ethylene oxide in humans can cause irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs, and damage to the brain and nervous system. ... EPA has concluded that ethylene oxide is carcinogenic to humans by the inhalation route of exposure.

stafford

Hear hearare you a politician or do you directly benefit in some way from this cause the way you go on about it in here seems like you get paid to do it. Full time job on the virus forum

Pretty low blow to decide to try and throw a veiled insult at me. I am far from a politician..Im just an ordinary person with a very good bullshit detector I guess :/wasn't aimed at you mate"

I work with paints and stuff that are carcinogenic and I have to wear a mask everyday a proper air fed mask or a big rubber one and that's down to health and safety so obviously if it ever affects me in the future I can't sue my company Because they provide the correct ppe. But the tests make use stick a carcinogenic substance up our nose twice a week. Sounds good

You can be infected with Covid after the vaccine, including after both vaccines and the waiting period to mount an immune response. But a) this may not lead to illness, because not all infection does (in fact the vast majority of vaccines do not prevent infection, and yet they stop disease and spread of disease); b) in some cases even asymptomatic infection has been reduced significantly; and c) it is a higher burden than we hold any other vaccine to. ahem you questioned me because I said you can still get covid even if you have had the vaccine I'm just trying to discuss it sensibly

You're comparing a doctor with a vaccination to a random with a syringe of God knows what and you want to discuss vaccination sensibly?!"

do you ever jjust loosen up a bit like maybe jjust once for one second you mmight enjoy it.

Manchester (she/her)

No you do a twice weekly test that are available free from Friday to prove you are clearhere's another conspiracy theory for you. Ethylene oxide is how they make the swabs sterile. This what Google say about it. Chronic (long-term) exposure to ethylene oxide in humans can cause irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs, and damage to the brain and nervous system. ... EPA has concluded that ethylene oxide is carcinogenic to humans by the inhalation route of exposure."

Sounds like another debunked urban myth to me.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok lets stop getting personal, just ignore each other instead

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

No you do a twice weekly test that are available free from Friday to prove you are clearhere's another conspiracy theory for you. Ethylene oxide is how they make the swabs sterile. This what Google say about it. Chronic (long-term) exposure to ethylene oxide in humans can cause irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs, and damage to the brain and nervous system. ... EPA has concluded that ethylene oxide is carcinogenic to humans by the inhalation route of exposure."

It's a disinformation, been shown to be so and is being trotted out by people wanting to spread fear using lies which some gullible people are repeating..

"Ok lets stop getting personal, just ignore each other instead"

[Removed by poster at 05/04/21 22:38:57]

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

I've got multiple allergies that cause anaphylaxis and I had the oxford vaccination. Just needed to wait afterwards. Also I had a reaction and I just took the feist and second level prevention medications. I was able to leave 40 mins after vaccination

No you do a twice weekly test that are available free from Friday to prove you are clearhere's another conspiracy theory for you. Ethylene oxide is how they make the swabs sterile. This what Google say about it. Chronic (long-term) exposure to ethylene oxide in humans can cause irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs, and damage to the brain and nervous system. ... EPA has concluded that ethylene oxide is carcinogenic to humans by the inhalation route of exposure.

Sounds like another debunked urban myth to me."

I'm not saying having the test is gonna give you cancer but I'm saying that the swab is covered in a carcinogenic substance. Take from that what you want

Also that's most dangerous via inhalation

And the stuff I work with is less carcinogenic than ethylene oxide

I've got multiple allergies that cause anaphylaxis and I had the oxford vaccination. Just needed to wait afterwards. Also I had a reaction and I just took the feist and second level prevention medications. I was able to leave 40 mins after vaccination "

I'm really glad you have been able to have the vaccine.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Boris has just said it's not coming in till June if the trials starting in April work.

You might want to read the full roadmap document... I think it is likely to be inevitable there will be some sort of vaccine certification coming..."

It’s inevitable that it will be required for international travel like yellow fever however once most people are vaccinated such a document really serves little real purpose domestically.

"Boris has just said it's not coming in till June if the trials starting in April work.

You might want to read the full roadmap document... I think it is likely to be inevitable there will be some sort of vaccine certification coming...

It’s inevitable that it will be required for international travel like yellow fever however once most people are vaccinated such a document really serves little real purpose domestically. "

I agree with this I think it is going to depend on what other countries are going to require and also the uptake of the vaccination in the younger age ranges.

What people seem to be ignoring is the bit where you dont have to have the vaccine to gain entry to these larger scale venues... and that's all they are doing the testing on... large scale events.

You will be counted as okay if you have proof of both vaccines.... a negative test... and or a positive test more than 28 days prior to the date but less than 6months old.. to show you have antibodies.

It's not full proof.. they will also be asking us all to test twice a week.

I to be honest think most people I know are already doing this or more but then most of my friends either have kids at school or work in care or front line

Manchester (she/her)

It’s inevitable that it will be required for international travel like yellow fever however once most people are vaccinated such a document really serves little real purpose domestically. "

I hope uptake will make it obsolete quickly.

No you do a twice weekly test that are available free from Friday to prove you are clearhere's another conspiracy theory for you. Ethylene oxide is how they make the swabs sterile. This what Google say about it. Chronic (long-term) exposure to ethylene oxide in humans can cause irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs, and damage to the brain and nervous system. ... EPA has concluded that ethylene oxide is carcinogenic to humans by the inhalation route of exposure.

Sounds like another debunked urban myth to me.I'm not saying having the test is gonna give you cancer but I'm saying that the swab is covered in a carcinogenic substance. Take from that what you want "

I am sure I saw that on this weeks debunked and fake news

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sounds like another debunked urban myth to me.I'm not saying having the test is gonna give you cancer but I'm saying that the swab is covered in a carcinogenic substance. Take from that what you want "

You almost sound like an expert...

Except when I check your claim I find it's just scaremongering nonsense!

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-ethylene-oxide-idUSL1N2LO1YM

Seems like the conspiracy train has moved onto another spurious theory

Sounds like another debunked urban myth to me.I'm not saying having the test is gonna give you cancer but I'm saying that the swab is covered in a carcinogenic substance. Take from that what you want

I am sure I saw that on this weeks debunked and fake news "

what part of what I said here is fake? I just said the swab has this substance on it

Sounds like another debunked urban myth to me.I'm not saying having the test is gonna give you cancer but I'm saying that the swab is covered in a carcinogenic substance. Take from that what you want

Seems like the conspiracy train has moved onto another spurious theory "

If you just Google the chemical it's tells you it's carcinogenic. So wiki posts fake news

Edinburgh

Seems like the conspiracy train has moved onto another spurious theory If you just Google the chemical it's tells you it's carcinogenic. So wiki posts fake news "

Hahaha - you want to start listing all the things which we're exposed to which would be poisonous in excessive amounts but are perfectly safe in the levels which we encounter them?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It’s not “covered” with ethylene oxide but it’s fair to say there may be some traces. Toast, alcohol and sun light contain carcinogens, I’m not saying they will give you cancer, take what you want from that.

Seems like the conspiracy train has moved onto another spurious theory If you just Google the chemical it's tells you it's carcinogenic. So wiki posts fake news

Hahaha - you want to start listing all the things which we're exposed to which would be poisonous in excessive amounts but are perfectly safe in the levels which we encounter them? "

I agree smoking for a start. But it makes you think doesn't it

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Seems like the conspiracy train has moved onto another spurious theory If you just Google the chemical it's tells you it's carcinogenic. So wiki posts fake news "

Read past the chemical element, see how it is used in everyday sterilisation of medical equipment and you’ll get a better idea of its final state that we come into contact with

But then i think I know people who have smoked from teens and died at 90 from a heart attack then I know people who have never smoked and died from lung cancer in their 50s. Who knows?

Edinburgh

Seems like the conspiracy train has moved onto another spurious theory If you just Google the chemical it's tells you it's carcinogenic. So wiki posts fake news

Hahaha - you want to start listing all the things which we're exposed to which would be poisonous in excessive amounts but are perfectly safe in the levels which we encounter them? I agree smoking for a start. But it makes you think doesn't it"

Yeah... and as another poster said, toast also contains carcinogens. It does make you think... but it shouldn't make you think that there's a mad conspiracy to give the world cancer... because that, and any suggestion like it, is fucking nuts.

Read past the chemical element, see how it is used in everyday sterilisation of medical equipment and you’ll get a better idea of its final state that we come into contact with "

yea I saw a video on you tube so it's obviously safer than putting the raw chemical into your nose but cut help but think a bit differently because I'm a weirdo

Hahaha - you want to start listing all the things which we're exposed to which would be poisonous in excessive amounts but are perfectly safe in the levels which we encounter them? I agree smoking for a start. But it makes you think doesn't it

Yeah... and as another poster said, toast also contains carcinogens. It does make you think... but it shouldn't make you think that there's a mad conspiracy to give the world cancer... because that, and any suggestion like it, is fucking nuts. "

I never even said that. Are carcinogens even real though? Read my last post about smoking

Edinburgh

Hahaha - you want to start listing all the things which we're exposed to which would be poisonous in excessive amounts but are perfectly safe in the levels which we encounter them? I agree smoking for a start. But it makes you think doesn't it

Yeah... and as another poster said, toast also contains carcinogens. It does make you think... but it shouldn't make you think that there's a mad conspiracy to give the world cancer... because that, and any suggestion like it, is fucking nuts. I never even said that. Are carcinogens even real though? Read my last post about smoking"

There are drugs which increase the chances of getting cancer. That's the game - some things increase the chances, but there're no guarantees. The more of a carcinogen you're exposed to, the more that chance of getting cancer increases, but again there are no guarantees. A lot of other factors are involved. As for the agent used in the manufacture of swabs, the way it is used renders the risk almost non-existant.

I've got no issue with people having a care about what goes into their bodies. That's a good thing. But when it comes to issues like this which are of serious importance, having an accurate picture of what that the situation is, and being able to judge risk accordingly, is really important. Fake news, and disinformation which distorts reality, can be very damaging.

https://youtu.be/q3chJN9DCGg

"https://youtu.be/q3chJN9DCGg"

Scunthorpe

"But then i think I know people who have smoked from teens and died at 90 from a heart attack then I know people who have never smoked and died from lung cancer in their 50s. Who knows?"

It is a very well proven FACT that smoking massively increases the chances of various cancers. Even the manufacturers of tobacco agree that this is the case (their own scientists were the first to prove it).

Yes there are people who are highly resistant to developing cancers, there are also many other things that cause cancers (including lung cancer).

So the answer to "Who Knows" is actually pretty much everyone knows.

Cal

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

Are we going to insist on sti passports.

Might be a better idea than the flu passport.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Am i missing something aboutthese passports? We getting told even if two peoplehave had two jabs they still cant meet up indoors yet its gona be ok for 10s of thousands who have been jabbed to go to football matches or _estivals? Its either safe when you have had both jabs or it isnt

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

This

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Cal

If you think that the press came up with this idea, who do you think planted the idea in the first place? Journalists are notorious for having "off the record" briefings from members of the government."

The press are notorious for stirring any situation and taking the side of whichever will sell more papers. Simple economics.

Central

"Good. Just get vaccinated and protect all society. We'll feel safer going into mass gathering environments knowing everyone is vaccinated or carries antibodies or has just taken a negative test.

Sorry, this is just wrong. Getting a vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting infected or from infecting others. Or dying from it apparently:

https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine"

It's not a 100% guarantee but it's the closest that we have, in conjunction with testing people.

The vaccines have high levels of effectiveness for prevention of deaths and serious illness. They also appear to reduce the level of infectivity that people have, helping to reduce the numbers of people getting infected. We're all also capable of taking simple, minor measures to help to prevent infections, including social distancing and masks.

Never guarantees but tiny gestures and steps that can make a huge difference.

By *ldhamlad26Man  over a year ago

failsworth

"

Basically ye

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

Cal

-------

If you think that the press came up with this idea, who do you think planted the idea in the first place? Journalists are notorious for having "off the record" briefings from members of the government.

So you don't think that anyone in the press is capable of coming up with something by themselves? Have you read a newspaper recently, it's nearly all made up.

In reality, the idea was being circulated on social media long before anywhere else. The press then jumped on the band wagon.

There are obviously people that think a "vaccine passport" would mean that the country could get back to normal, and there is considerable pressure applied to make that happen.

It makes little sense that the government would actually want a scheme like this though, it will be expensive to do, requiring new (expensive) IT systems, a new government department to manage it, huge potential for embarrassing failures and alienated voters."

Yes it's best to get your news from random strangers on forums ??

Newspapers can be sued

Manchester (she/her)

A vaccine passport has rolled out in Israel. It does seem to be doable and it looks like it might have support internationally. It's what happens domestically that's the real question

"

So the government will be looking after the information on you attending swingers sex clubs etc??? With their history what could possibly go wrong lol

By *ustfun009Man  over a year ago

oxford

If the vaccine works why are we bothered about the ones who have not had it?? Passports are the thin end of the wedge

Manchester (she/her)

"If the vaccine works why are we bothered about the ones who have not had it?? Passports are the thin end of the wedge"

The thin edge of the wedge to what?

"If the vaccine works why are we bothered about the ones who have not had it?? Passports are the thin end of the wedge"

Absolutely!

Scunthorpe

"If the vaccine works why are we bothered about the ones who have not had it?? Passports are the thin end of the wedge

The thin edge of the wedge to what?"

The wedge that's holding the Airport Door open

Manchester (she/her)

"If the vaccine works why are we bothered about the ones who have not had it?? Passports are the thin end of the wedge

The thin edge of the wedge to what?

The wedge that's holding the Airport Door open "

» Add a new message to this topic