FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > hot water comedy club

hot water comedy club

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

comedy club in Liverpool pulled out of pilot scheme to practice post covid safety in venues, I guess including use of vaccination /test identification... they received so much abuse on social media apparently... what's wrong with people!?

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Good to hear. Domestic Covid passports are absolute madness and should be opposed at every step.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"comedy club in Liverpool pulled out of pilot scheme to practice post covid safety in venues, I guess including use of vaccination /test identification... they received so much abuse on social media apparently... what's wrong with people!?

d"

That's great news, having to hand over your health info to bouncers at the door wouldn't fill me with confidence. If people are still scared get vaxed and stay at home.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Good to hear. Domestic Covid passports are absolute madness and should be opposed at every step. "

Shhh they’ll claim you’re mad !

Completely agree that passports should never happen and if they do it’ll just be another big money maker for someone, will achieve absolutely nothing positive.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

I don't think that they should be compulsory but I'll only be going to venues where I feel most safe, for me, that's places that participate in such schemes

SW Scotland

"I don't think that they should be compulsory but I'll only be going to venues where I feel most safe, for me, that's places that participate in such schemes"

Not wanting to have a shot at your way of thinking, in what way will the passport make you feel safer ?

By *ornyQueerWoman  over a year ago

It's a good idea I think but not sure how it would work having a vaccine passport

By *lkNhungMan  over a year ago

Luton

"comedy club in Liverpool pulled out of pilot scheme to practice post covid safety in venues, I guess including use of vaccination /test identification... they received so much abuse on social media apparently... what's wrong with people!?

d

That's great news, having to hand over your health info to bouncers at the door wouldn't fill me with confidence. If people are still scared get vaxed and stay at home. "

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"I don't think that they should be compulsory but I'll only be going to venues where I feel most safe, for me, that's places that participate in such schemes

Not wanting to have a shot at your way of thinking, in what way will the passport make you feel safer ? "

I'm 60 this year and have a heart condition so that puts me in a higher risk category; attending venues that have taken further steps to mitigate the risk of me catching Covid gives me more confidence that I'll be safer than attending places that have no extra measures in place.

I forgot to add, that "Covid passports" should, within the UK only be a temporary measure and removed once we as a country are dealing wit the pandemic more effectively.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Good to hear. Domestic Covid passports are absolute madness and should be opposed at every step. "

Omg is this the new thing to winge about?

Are people going to be protesting against this now?

SW Scotland

"I don't think that they should be compulsory but I'll only be going to venues where I feel most safe, for me, that's places that participate in such schemes

Not wanting to have a shot at your way of thinking, in what way will the passport make you feel safer ?

I'm 60 this year and have a heart condition so that puts me in a higher risk category; attending venues that have taken further steps to mitigate the risk of me catching Covid gives me more confidence that I'll be safer than attending places that have no extra measures in place.

I forgot to add, that "Covid passports" should, within the UK only be a temporary measure and removed once we as a country are dealing wit the pandemic more effectively."

But having the vaccine doesn’t stop you being an asymptomatic carrier, it only reduces you chance of catching it.

I can understand a negative test result to some extent

[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 08:57:47]

"Good to hear. Domestic Covid passports are absolute madness and should be opposed at every step.

Are people going to be protesting against this now?"

Yes, but only once they've proved their covid status in order to join the protest

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

d

That's great news, having to hand over your health info to bouncers at the door wouldn't fill me with confidence. If people are still scared get vaxed and stay at home. "

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"Good to hear. Domestic Covid passports are absolute madness and should be opposed at every step.

Are people going to be protesting against this now?"

There should be protests if its brought in and I for one will be joining them.

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"There should be protests if its brought in and I for one will be joining them."

Why?

The only concern we have is the systematic incompetence of the government regarding any I.T. project.

In respect of privacy etc. So much has been eroded over the past decade or so that people can be tracked anyway so this is almost irrelevant.

Playing Devils Advocate, the only reason so many illegal immigrants want to come here is that they can disappear under the radar because we don't ask for papers or ID regularly. Maybe ID cards should be introduced to deal with that problem?

By *rgasmickMan  over a year ago

Visting

Well done Liverpool, hopefully more will say NO.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Solving social problems by... abusing comedy clubs on social media.

... You can't make it up

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"the only reason so many illegal immigrants want to come here is that they can disappear under the radar because we don't ask for papers or ID regularly. Maybe ID cards should be introduced to deal with that problem?"

To stop illegal immigrants getting into the Hot Water Comedy Club ?

"Solving social problems by... abusing comedy clubs on social media.

... You can't make it up "

it's really sad that they got abuse trying to come up with a solution

d

Manchester (she/her)

... You can't make it up

d"

Exactly. Jesus.

The industry has suffered so much.

... You can't make it up

d

Exactly. Jesus.

The industry has suffered so much."

Crazy isn’t it. They stated what they had initially been told, what was reported and the total silence when contacting the government all providing differing issues. Shame as it would have helped to support themselves and the industry further. Crazy to get the reported level of abuse for trying to be part of the solution.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Its quiet simple if they dont want to its up to them but places that dont will probably not be able to run at full capacity like places that do.Lets see how long it is before they change their minds once places are buzzing and they are half full.

Manchester (she/her)

... You can't make it up

d

Exactly. Jesus.

The industry has suffered so much.

Crazy isn’t it. They stated what they had initially been told, what was reported and the total silence when contacting the government all providing differing issues. Shame as it would have helped to support themselves and the industry further. Crazy to get the reported level of abuse for trying to be part of the solution. "

Definitely.

ironically it might be the same people sending abuse as we're supporting the draconian measures against students locked into their apartments at height of the pandemic

d

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"ironically it might be the same people sending abuse as we're supporting the draconian measures against students locked into their apartments at height of the pandemic

d"

And now the students have been locked out of their Halls of Residence since mid December with no date for when they can return

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"ironically it might be the same people sending abuse as we're supporting the draconian measures against students locked into their apartments at height of the pandemic

d"

Wow that's a jump from one subject to another?

just illustrating people only care about their own sense of liberty.. never mind anyone else's

Manchester (she/her)

"just illustrating people only care about their own sense of liberty.. never mind anyone else's "

So fucking much

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I thought it was the media, that reported it wrong, that caused the confusion.

It seems that out in the real world 'covid passports' are not popular at all.

People seem to be forgetting the the government are almost certainty not going to make it mandatory for the majority of every day life.

What individual people and businesses chose to do is a completely different story.

I am dismayed at the people on this thread saying it's good that people are giving this company abuse because abuse is never good or ok.

businesses can make their own decisions about who they want on their premises and I posted a thread months ago saying somewhere I am a member of has already made it clear I will need to show some form of proof of vaccination if I want my membership renewed.

If I choose not to have the vaccine I'm not being discriminated against, I have been told the terms and conditions and it is up to me whether I choose to comply.

Manchester (she/her)

"People seem to be forgetting the the government are almost certainty not going to make it mandatory for the majority of every day life.

What individual people and businesses chose to do is a completely different story.

I am dismayed at the people on this thread saying it's good that people are giving this company abuse because abuse is never good or ok. "

Yes.

If you think this is an issue, write to your MP urging them to consider the potential for discrimination and asking them to protect individuals (and look into whether businesses are being threatened to enforce these by, say, multinational insurers).

No one is ever going to be protected against discrimination by going off on one on social media.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Tbh

The way social media is going if someone said a giant panda was/wasn't cute or santa does/doesn't exist or was reponsible for spreading covid worldwide over xmas you'd have someone twisting it round to blaming them foralso for the loss of human libity,government failure, brexit or boris being voted in unfortunately some poeple just like to blame everything on the hottest topic that day.

Too many keyboard cowards.

if you have that much time and energy to get worked up about something . Get off your asses and got outside and help change things. Go plant some trees or make over an elderly persons garden or park area to make it more accesable. Just do something possitive instead of trying to provoke negative feelings and ideas.

(Awaiting the keyboard cowards responce)

Manchester (she/her)

"Tbh

The way social media is going if someone said a giant panda was/wasn't cute or santa does/doesn't exist or was reponsible for spreading covid worldwide over xmas you'd have someone twisting it round to blaming them foralso for the loss of human libity,government failure, brexit or boris being voted in unfortunately some poeple just like to blame everything on the hottest topic that day.

Too many keyboard cowards.

if you have that much time and energy to get worked up about something . Get off your asses and got outside and help change things. Go plant some trees or make over an elderly persons garden or park area to make it more accesable. Just do something possitive instead of trying to provoke negative feelings and ideas.

(Awaiting the keyboard cowards responce)"

Yup.

Write to your MP. Get involved in the community.

Abusing a comedy club solves precisely nothing.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

d"

They pulled out because the press. Specifically the Liverpool Echo lied about what was going to happen.

I believe The club were not trying to test Covid vaccine passports only .. They were going to test.. Testing on the door etc as the main criteria for admittance.. The press got hold of it and immediately went with the vaccine passport approach.. That was bound to upset the people of Liverpool.. Which it did on social media.. And unfortunately there was no way to stop the lies being told.. Which meant that they had to pullout of the scheme altogether..

Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen for all the other things being planned to test how we can open up as a country again.. Or we probably won't..

stafford

"businesses can make their own decisions about who they want on their premises and I posted a thread months ago saying somewhere I am a member of has already made it clear I will need to show some form of proof of vaccination if I want my membership renewed.

If I choose not to have the vaccine I'm not being discriminated against, I have been told the terms and conditions and it is up to me whether I choose to comply. "

Similarly buyers and consumers can decide if they want to visit a business or work with them too can't they? .. Arguably there are more people who would not be happy to visit a business that was not following government advice than who are..

stafford

"Well done Liverpool, hopefully more will say NO."

They didn't say no.. They believed the lies they were told.. There is a difference I think

Manchester (she/her)

"businesses can make their own decisions about who they want on their premises and I posted a thread months ago saying somewhere I am a member of has already made it clear I will need to show some form of proof of vaccination if I want my membership renewed.

If I choose not to have the vaccine I'm not being discriminated against, I have been told the terms and conditions and it is up to me whether I choose to comply.

Similarly buyers and consumers can decide if they want to visit a business or work with them too can't they? .. Arguably there are more people who would not be happy to visit a business that was not following government advice than who are.. "

I was told recently (here) that my choice not to go to the pub without vaccine passports was discrimination.

Be like Hitler. Sit quietly at home minding your own business

would people be happy with say one club/pub/venue on one side of a road being strict with tests or covid /vacc passports and another on another side being a free for all. I wonder which one would be more popular? Which one would you prefer to attend?

d

Manchester (she/her)

"would people be happy with say one club/pub/venue on one side of a road being strict with tests or covid /vacc passports and another on another side being a free for all. I wonder which one would be more popular? Which one would you prefer to attend?

d"

I'd attend the vaccine passport one - on a day the other one was closed. (As in assuming they close for a weekend, not "after they're out of business")

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

In the short term we would feel a lot comfier attending venues where we knew everyone else had also been vaccinated.

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

Wtf is wrong with people? A covid passport would prove they've had a jab, had COVID or a recent negative test.

So where's the civil liberty or discrimination argument in that? Most of the whingers against the passports don't give a f*ck what they give away by posting to social media or forget their mobile (even the dumb ones) leave a continuous trace of everywhere they go.

Having the vaccination doesn't stop you catching covid nor passing it on.....

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

"Having the vaccination doesn't stop you catching covid nor passing it on.....

"

No but it reduces the chances, and this is all about numbers. The fewer that can catch it because of vaccination, reduces the number of unvaccinated exposed to it.

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Its quiet simple if they dont want to its up to them but places that dont will probably not be able to run at full capacity like places that do.Lets see how long it is before they change their minds once places are buzzing and they are half full."

So you’re happy with a 2 tier social system?

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

Perhaps now we have the situation where, due to internet. As people say the keyboard warriors etc now get more publicity . So sometimes get more say then the majority . ?

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

d

They pulled out because the press. Specifically the Liverpool Echo lied about what was going to happen.

I believe The club were not trying to test Covid vaccine passports only .. They were going to test.. Testing on the door etc as the main criteria for admittance.. The press got hold of it and immediately went with the vaccine passport approach.. That was bound to upset the people of Liverpool.. Which it did on social media.. And unfortunately there was no way to stop the lies being told.. Which meant that they had to pullout of the scheme altogether..

Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen for all the other things being planned to test how we can open up as a country again.. Or we probably won't..

Typical Presstitute toilet journalism spinning things to get some click bait

"

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Its quiet simple if they dont want to its up to them but places that dont will probably not be able to run at full capacity like places that do.Lets see how long it is before they change their minds once places are buzzing and they are half full.

So you’re happy with a 2 tier social system?"

Why are people only just realising there's a two tier system for stuff? Disabled people have been obstructed from accessing all manner of venues, events and activities due to inadequate disabled access arrangements, yet no-one else seems to care if I can't physically enter a theatre or pub. Now the freedom of some people to just decide on a whim to do something is being placed into question, the whole world and their mother shouts "unfair".

Welcome to the world I inhabit daily

Manchester (she/her)

"Its quiet simple if they dont want to its up to them but places that dont will probably not be able to run at full capacity like places that do.Lets see how long it is before they change their minds once places are buzzing and they are half full.

So you’re happy with a 2 tier social system?

Why are people only just realising there's a two tier system for stuff? Disabled people have been obstructed from accessing all manner of venues, events and activities due to inadequate disabled access arrangements, yet no-one else seems to care if I can't physically enter a theatre or pub. Now the freedom of some people to just decide on a whim to do something is being placed into question, the whole world and their mother shouts "unfair".

Welcome to the world I inhabit daily "

SW Scotland

"Its quiet simple if they dont want to its up to them but places that dont will probably not be able to run at full capacity like places that do.Lets see how long it is before they change their minds once places are buzzing and they are half full."

Why should somewhere that uses ‘vaccine passports’ be able to open to full capacity ?

The vaccine does not stop you from carrying the virus !

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

... You can't make it up "

Manchester (she/her)

Why should somewhere that uses ‘vaccine passports’ be able to open to full capacity ?

The vaccine does not stop you from carrying the virus ! "

In the same way that the polio vaccine doesn't stop you carrying polio

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"Wtf is wrong with people? A covid passport would prove they've had a jab, had COVID or a recent negative test."

That’s being conveniently ignored by the people determined to scaremonger that it’s a tactic to force vaccination.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"There should be protests if its brought in and I for one will be joining them.

Why?

The only concern we have is the systematic incompetence of the government regarding any I.T. project.

In respect of privacy etc. So much has been eroded over the past decade or so that people can be tracked anyway so this is almost irrelevant.

Playing Devils Advocate, the only reason so many illegal immigrants want to come here is that they can disappear under the radar because we don't ask for papers or ID regularly. Maybe ID cards should be introduced to deal with that problem?"

It would then probably be made illegal for police to ask for ID cards unless they have absolute proof first that someone is illegal.

Besides, all they would do is what they do at the moment in the majority of cases - tell them they've got to report every week to a police station, and then wonder why they don't.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

If having a covid passport meant as a pub owner I would be able to have 100% capacity instead of 20% then yes I would be in favour of it .

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Why?

Playing Devils Advocate, the only reason so many illegal immigrants want to come here is that they can disappear under the radar because we don't ask for papers or ID regularly. Maybe ID cards should be introduced to deal with that problem?"

You are happy for an ID system for illegal immigrants, but not for something that was/is intended to help get places open again and reduce the probability of future lockdowns?!?

I also don’t get how you can promote the idea of a national ID system that surely must be using Gov IT systems that have been incompetently managed?

stafford

Why?

Playing Devils Advocate, the only reason so many illegal immigrants want to come here is that they can disappear under the radar because we don't ask for papers or ID regularly. Maybe ID cards should be introduced to deal with that problem?

It would then probably be made illegal for police to ask for ID cards unless they have absolute proof first that someone is illegal.

Besides, all they would do is what they do at the moment in the majority of cases - tell them they've got to report every week to a police station, and then wonder why they don't."

I doubt it.. Likely to take on the approach used on the continent.. You have to carry your ID card at all times. If yiu get stopped without it.. It's a fine of course but you also get arrested and taken to the police station until you can show proof of who you are / your citizenship.. Or in this case anything that's recorded biometric ally about you...

I think it would put a stop to a lot of things people have issues with in this country as we as the Covid thing..

Derby

Why?

Besides, all they would do is what they do at the moment in the majority of cases - tell them they've got to report every week to a police station, and then wonder why they don't.

I doubt it.. Likely to take on the approach used on the continent.. You have to carry your ID card at all times. If yiu get stopped without it.. It's a fine of course but you also get arrested and taken to the police station until you can show proof of who you are / your citizenship.. Or in this case anything that's recorded biometric ally about you...

I think it would put a stop to a lot of things people have issues with in this country as we as the Covid thing.. "

But there would have to be a valid reason for stopping someone...see the problem?

stafford

Why?

I think it would put a stop to a lot of things people have issues with in this country as we as the Covid thing..

But there would have to be a valid reason for stopping someone...see the problem?"

You haven't been abroad much I think?

Though you are right in the UK. There would need to be a system where maybe refusal to give details as was in the old way would mean a trip to the police station..

As much as people don't like it or the sound of it.. The reality is we are all guests of somewhere else wherever we go outside of our own home or small social circle.. So rightly we need in my opinion to prove we have the right credentials / entitlement to be in someone else's space.

Whether that's a ship. Pub or club.. It's not much of a problem to prove you are who you say you are and are healthy enough to be there..

For me that's not a problem and neither would ' spot checks' be too .. In fact it's maybe potentially safer than all the guesswork that goes on at the moment? Might help everyone keep better control of things.. Logically if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to be worried about right?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Why?

But there would have to be a valid reason for stopping someone...see the problem?

Though you are right in the UK. There would need to be a system where maybe refusal to give details as was in the old way would mean a trip to the police station..

As much as people don't like it or the sound of it.. The reality is we are all guests of somewhere else wherever we go outside of our own home or small social circle.. So rightly we need in my opinion to prove we have the right credentials / entitlement to be in someone else's space.

Whether that's a ship. Pub or club.. It's not much of a problem to prove you are who you say you are and are healthy enough to be there..

For me that's not a problem and neither would ' spot checks' be too .. In fact it's maybe potentially safer than all the guesswork that goes on at the moment? Might help everyone keep better control of things.. Logically if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to be worried about right?

"

Derby

Why?

"

This was about Domestic ID cards.

And I've been abroad plenty of times,thanks.

» Add a new message to this topic