FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Deaths 92% down

Deaths 92% down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erry 1 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

Just heard via national statistics that deaths from covid are down 95% from Jan 2021 but we are still losing businesses daily and lockdown still on???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lockdown is being slowly undone.

Deaths are not the only bad outcome.

manchester

The bad outcome is to come when non screened cancer patients are undiagnosed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you arguing against yourself? That’s the reason for the slow release...

manchester

"Are you arguing against yourself? That’s the reason for the slow release..."
? Slow release from covid and less cancer patients diagnosed due to covid precautions.

Manchester (she/her)

"The bad outcome is to come when non screened cancer patients are undiagnosed."

And how do you propose we protect cancer patients during a pandemic?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The bad outcome is to come when non screened cancer patients are undiagnosed."

According to "Cancer Research UK", Cancer screening has continued right through the lockdowns. They say that delays have occurred with follow-on appointments and "additional tests".

They also suggest that a lack of face-to-face GP appointments may have delayed many diagnosis, but as a whole the health service is keeping up with Cancer related services.

Cal

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Cancer sufferers at much higher risk from covid

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/208633/cancer-patients-increased-risk-severe-outcomes/

Taking our time in coming out of lockdown seems sensible for all

manchester

"The bad outcome is to come when non screened cancer patients are undiagnosed.

According to "Cancer Research UK", Cancer screening has continued right through the lockdowns. They say that delays have occurred with follow-on appointments and "additional tests".

They also suggest that a lack of face-to-face GP appointments may have delayed many diagnosis, but as a whole the health service is keeping up with Cancer related services.

Cal"

really? I work in endoscopy and pre covid we did 70 tests a day now only 20 tests approx a day due to having to leave time for room to equalise aerasols after a gastroscopy and thorough cleaning regime.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Lots will change on Monday, its not far away at all

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Just heard via national statistics that deaths from covid are down 95% from Jan 2021 but we are still losing businesses daily and lockdown still on???"

Questionable data to use for anything meaningful though. Now we have everyone being locked up that's bound to have an impact .. With most following the rules and people getting vaccinated

Surely they can't determine the full impact until the pubs open and the kids come back after Easter.. That's when the data will make more sense..

Even then.. It's not about deaths.. People really need yo get a grip on the real concerns with Covid and the number of people dying from it is not it.. People seem to base people not dying as a resin to lift the lockdown.. There's much more to it than that I think.

stafford

"Lots will change on Monday, its not far away at all "

The only difference is some shops are open and pubs.. But people are still not allowed to mix outside their own families and nothing indoors.. Curious as to why this will change things? Unless you mean more contracting Covid as a result of the increased freedoms? In which case I would agree as the 40 and under still haven't had the jab.. Yet are going to be allowed to mix freely.. So there's going to be dome impact for sure

"

Calreally? I work in endoscopy and pre covid we did 70 tests a day now only 20 tests approx a day due to having to leave time for room to equalise aerasols after a gastroscopy and thorough cleaning regime."

Your opening post was about losing businesses but now switched to cancer diagnoses?

The fact is you're still scoping ~20 pts a day. Out of those 70 in pre covid, how many would've resulted in biopsy, how many of those biopsies being diagnosed as malignancy, how many monitoring Barrett's/coeliac/gastritis?

Pathology labs have been pretty busy for 10 months or so - where's the biopsy and resection work coming from?

Cal"

i do think its a fair question to raise regards when are gp services expected to return to normal - doesn’t seem to be specified in any of the road maps - those are all commercial and recreational based

"Lots will change on Monday, its not far away at all

The only difference is some shops are open and pubs.. But people are still not allowed to mix outside their own families and nothing indoors.. Curious as to why this will change things? Unless you mean more contracting Covid as a result of the increased freedoms? In which case I would agree as the 40 and under still haven't had the jab.. Yet are going to be allowed to mix freely.. So there's going to be dome impact for sure "

Actually all shops can open, as can hairdressers and Beauty salons, the stay at home order is lifted and self catering holidays can start plus a few other things.

Cal

i do think its a fair question to raise regards when are gp services expected to return to normal - doesn’t seem to be specified in any of the road maps - those are all commercial and recreational based "

I don't think they ever will to be honest.

I had an email from my GP surgery 2 weeks ago saying that all routine appointments will be done online or over the phone unless a doctor thinks you need to be seen in person. It said they will review this in September!

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Cal

i do think its a fair question to raise regards when are gp services expected to return to normal - doesn’t seem to be specified in any of the road maps - those are all commercial and recreational based

I had an email from my GP surgery 2 weeks ago saying that all routine appointments will be done online or over the phone unless a doctor thinks you need to be seen in person. It said they will review this in September!"

(I work in GP land)

Is this such a bad thing?

A lot of ours are doing videos, unless they feel you need face to face or if you request it.

They can speak to many more people and the option is there for face to face if requested/ required.

I’ve had my cervical screening as usual, and 2 x lump checked face to face (separate appts) since the first lockdown.

Seems to be working well up here.... as long as the OPTION for face to face stays I think it’s great x

North West

"Just heard via national statistics that deaths from covid are down 95% from Jan 2021 but we are still losing businesses daily and lockdown still on???"

Also... how great is this news!!

Lots of things contributing I’m sure but let’s celebrate the positives

Cal

I had an email from my GP surgery 2 weeks ago saying that all routine appointments will be done online or over the phone unless a doctor thinks you need to be seen in person. It said they will review this in September!

(I work in GP land)

A lot of ours are doing videos, unless they feel you need face to face or if you request it.

They can speak to many more people and the option is there for face to face if requested/ required.

I’ve had my cervical screening as usual, and 2 x lump checked face to face (separate appts) since the first lockdown.

Seems to be working well up here.... as long as the OPTION for face to face stays I think it’s great x"

Yes seeing as im 15 months overdue for my diabetic check and been told they are only seeing people in emergency or if necessary.

Cal

(I work in GP land)

Seems to be working well up here.... as long as the OPTION for face to face stays I think it’s great x"

The problem is at my surgery there is no option.

North West

Cal

(I work in GP land)

Seems to be working well up here.... as long as the OPTION for face to face stays I think it’s great x

The problem is at my surgery there is no option. "

Worst thing about healthcare is the post code lottery!! Hate it’s not the same everywhere

Hope your seen shortly! xx

Cal

(I work in GP land)

The problem is at my surgery there is no option.

Worst thing about healthcare is the post code lottery!! Hate it’s not the same everywhere

Hope your seen shortly! xx"

I'm changing surgery as mine is ridiculous. X

Cal

(I work in GP land)

i think much like schools its very varied dependent on where you live/ what the individual practice does

last week i had to call to make a telephone appointment, to have that appointment by phone the next day, on which i was told to call another number to book bloods , at a different surgery (and it took me 3 days to get through in the phone) and i still had to go to my own surgery to pick up a prescription

so that was 3 calls , 4 days in total and 2 trips to 2 surgeries and we are still no closer to the bottom of the issue - previously we had a drop in sit and wait same day appointment service

stafford

The only difference is some shops are open and pubs.. But people are still not allowed to mix outside their own families and nothing indoors.. Curious as to why this will change things? Unless you mean more contracting Covid as a result of the increased freedoms? In which case I would agree as the 40 and under still haven't had the jab.. Yet are going to be allowed to mix freely.. So there's going to be dome impact for sure

Actually all shops can open, as can hairdressers and Beauty salons, the stay at home order is lifted and self catering holidays can start plus a few other things. "

True.. Though mixing isn't allowed I think indoors and rule if six 2 families maximum.. Which is fine unless you are single.. In which case you can only hang out with one friend in the pub etc.. But still think this is a a bit crazy because virtually no one is going to follow rules.. Particularly after a few beers..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Cal

I had an email from my GP surgery 2 weeks ago saying that all routine appointments will be done online or over the phone unless a doctor thinks you need to be seen in person. It said they will review this in September!"

Well let's face it, there's a hell of a lot of cases where a two minute phone call does the same job as a ten minute consultation, leaving the doctor with more time to do a proper job when face to face is needed.

Previous to covid the only way to see my doctor was to spend half an hour on the phone trying to get through to the surgery, make an appointment that was invariably a five day wait, sit in the waiting room for anything up to half an hour, then spend ten minutes describing symptoms to the doctor who hadn't a clue what I might want to talk to him about until I walked into his room.

Since covid, I can go online via a secure messaging service and describe my symptoms - two to five minutes depending on how much detail I need to go into. Within 24 hours the doctor will ring me, already knowing what my problem is and being genned up on what he needs to ask to make a diagnosis. Sometimes he can prescribe a treatment just from the phone call, but if I need to go into the surgery for a face to face or to give blood samples etc. this can be arranged quickly and easily, usually same or next day.

My experience has been that I've had superior primary medical care, faster appointments, zero sitting in a waiting room with 20 people passing their germs to each other. Maybe I'm the exception, but I am very much hoping that my doctor will continue with online and phone consultations post covid.

Actually all shops can open, as can hairdressers and Beauty salons, the stay at home order is lifted and self catering holidays can start plus a few other things.

True.. Though mixing isn't allowed I think indoors and rule if six 2 families maximum.. Which is fine unless you are single.. In which case you can only hang out with one friend in the pub etc.. But still think this is a a bit crazy because virtually no one is going to follow rules.. Particularly after a few beers..

"

It’s 6 people or 2 families can meet outdoors.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Cal

Well let's face it, there's a hell of a lot of cases where a two minute phone call does the same job as a ten minute consultation, leaving the doctor with more time to do a proper job when face to face is needed.

Previous to covid the only way to see my doctor was to spend half an hour on the phone trying to get through to the surgery, make an appointment that was invariably a five day wait, sit in the waiting room for anything up to half an hour, then spend ten minutes describing symptoms to the doctor who hadn't a clue what I might want to talk to him about until I walked into his room.

Since covid, I can go online via a secure messaging service and describe my symptoms - two to five minutes depending on how much detail I need to go into. Within 24 hours the doctor will ring me, already knowing what my problem is and being genned up on what he needs to ask to make a diagnosis. Sometimes he can prescribe a treatment just from the phone call, but if I need to go into the surgery for a face to face or to give blood samples etc. this can be arranged quickly and easily, usually same or next day.

My experience has been that I've had superior primary medical care, faster appointments, zero sitting in a waiting room with 20 people passing their germs to each other. Maybe I'm the exception, but I am very much hoping that my doctor will continue with online and phone consultations post covid."

Totally my experience of GP services during all this, it is so much better than before and I hope it remains this way.

UCL are now predicting that the uk will have reached herd immunity by the 12th April. If that is correct then we should expect all statistics to keep falling.

"UCL are now predicting that the uk will have reached herd immunity by the 12th April. If that is correct then we should expect all statistics to keep falling."

i guess that depends what cross section of the herd you are in - the younger age groups 18-35 who make up high percentages of students, retail and hospitality workers and the folk probably most desperate to get back out to the pub - well they have barely been touched unless front line or vulnerable

"UCL are now predicting that the uk will have reached herd immunity by the 12th April. If that is correct then we should expect all statistics to keep falling.

i guess that depends what cross section of the herd you are in - the younger age groups 18-35 who make up high percentages of students, retail and hospitality workers and the folk probably most desperate to get back out to the pub - well they have barely been touched unless front line or vulnerable "

There is a school of thought that that age group has a large number who have had covid so have some immunity.

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

when monday comes its going to be like a new years ever ,.then i can see mini lockdowns within a month when all rates will go up and were be back to square one ,,,,,,,,,,,

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Keep getting the jabs and make sure they get the 2nd one too. Other countries will dither, but healthy people can help fight cancer, from visiting the shops, providing time as a volunteer, donating money and obviously the medical and scientific research.

By *ornyQueerWoman  over a year ago

Hopefully we won't need to go back into lockdown if people keep getting vaccinated

"when monday comes its going to be like a new years ever ,.then i can see mini lockdowns within a month when all rates will go up and were be back to square one ,,,,,,,,,,,"
that's the spirit try and keep moral up with a positive attitude.......

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Cal"

Really? Medics dont agree. Saw the opposite on a sky documentary last week. There's a serious illness crisis and backlog coming.

Manchester (she/her)

"Keep getting the jabs and make sure they get the 2nd one too. Other countries will dither, but healthy people can help fight cancer, from visiting the shops, providing time as a volunteer, donating money and obviously the medical and scientific research."

Working on it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We have learned some things from the past year, including that exiting from lockdown should be done appropriately, including the monitoring of the effects of any changes.

The great results we are seeing now is from both the increased proportion of the population who are vaccinated as well as the restrictions which have reduced the levels of contact that people have and thus reducing the potential for people to infect others. Both of these have reduced the levels of problems here.

If we had wanted ongoing problems, we would have relaxed everything and achieved little. Economic problems would have dragged on.

Others used to try to shout that lockdowns didn't work. We again see that they do.

Covid isn't just about deaths. Thousands of people have life altering health complications, from organ damage and failures as well as long covid, which is still very poorly understood. Don't volunteer to open up rashly, to then succumb to brain damage or other organ damage, to struggle in every way for the rest of your life. That will not by anyone's measure be considered a success.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Cal

(I work in GP land)

Working fine here as well. 2 appointments i had since pandemic started. One could be dealt with over the phone, other one i went in to see GP after telephone appointment x

» Add a new message to this topic