FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > OxAz- what on earth went wrong?

OxAz- what on earth went wrong?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sianManc OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

So europe and USA seem to pulling back on the OX AZ jab.

Do you feel safe getting the first or 2nd jab (respectively)?

What on earth went wrong?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

Old London Town

Perfectly happy to get my second jab.

There’s other commonly accepted treatments with a higher, or similar, risk to health (including blood clots) that we don’t question.

The question to answer is what is better for you, not to have it, or accept the risk and get better protection against what could kill you, or affect your health for life.

This isn’t just about the COVID-19 vaccination, it’s about every vaccine that’s out there.

MMR, Polio BGC, they’re all there to protect us. The treatment with the largest number of side effects - the pill. All accepted because of the protection it provides, or is perceived to provide.

All I am saying is, be careful what you wish for.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm going to seek medical advice on getting the second as I've had a bad reaction to the first.

I've basically had 3 weeks of headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, decreased appetite and stomach cramps. Although there is apparently less side effects with the second, being a single Mum, I can't risk being poorly like that again.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are incredibly low risks of such associations or possible side effects and much lower fatal effects. These events happen without the vaccine and they may not be caused by it. We've got little to obsess over except the virus, so it becomes a big thing.

It's not all 'gone wrong', we're just hyper conscious, following media attention

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

I had when a teenager vaccine for hay fever . This was for many weeks and lasted about three years. Now while having these vaccine, my hay fever was very minimal compared to most years at to that time and after the vaccine was stopped. When I asked why I could not have them again a few years later. I was told they were stopped due to other people in UK and other countries getting side effects. Yet I had none.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

I would really like to know circumstances of the people who got seriously ill or died after having this vaccine. Like age, gender, smoker, on the pill. Anyone know if that information is around somewhere?

I'll probably still have it when I'm offered though (secretly hoping they'll only have pfizer in stock by the time it's my turn) x

By *icboobs26Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

"I'm going to seek medical advice on getting the second as I've had a bad reaction to the first.

I've basically had 3 weeks of headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, decreased appetite and stomach cramps. Although there is apparently less side effects with the second, being a single Mum, I can't risk being poorly like that again. "

Exactly the same. I really suffered from the first the first two weeks after were really bad the third a little better but now on week 5 and wouldn't say I'm 10p percent over it yet.

Loads saying the second one doesn't give as much side effects...but same as you say its hard when you have responsibilities! X

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Still one of the safest vaccines the world has seen and compared to surgery, flying and other medications, its a no brainer. Strange how the 2 countries on the planet that can develop some of the nastiest biological and chemical weapons use the same vaccine technology.

Moderna and Michigan says it all, I had the PB jab, and wish I had the AZ one, not convinced the PB vaccine is going to be that good.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Still one of the safest vaccines the world has seen and compared to surgery, flying and other medications, its a no brainer. Strange how the 2 countries on the planet that can develop some of the nastiest biological and chemical weapons use the same vaccine technology.

Moderna and Michigan says it all, I had the PB jab, and wish I had the AZ one, not convinced the PB vaccine is going to be that good. "

The Pfizer-BioNTech is a very good and efficacious vaccine, it's showing very high efficacy over the periods studied and still good efficacy against the newer variants.

By *endulum 20Couple  over a year ago

sandy

had the first jab no probs and perfectly happy to get 2nd next week

all drugs have possible side effects

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Getting my second jab at the end of the month, no problems with that what so ever.

"So europe and USA seem to pulling back on the OX AZ jab.

What on earth went wrong?"

Perfectly happy having 2nd jab tomorrow. The stats have it at 1 in a million chance of getting blood clots. Probably more to die from them.. stop this endless scare mongering.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Is as perfectly happy to have my 2nd jab... Ive had both now

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Some statistician on the radio said the odds of having a problem are the same you run every single month of being killed in an accident. It was also mentioned that all drugs have side effects many serious ones and they include the other makes of covid vaccines

Havent had any jabs yet but when time comes wont care what they give me. Wont even ask what it is. Just jab me up I be happy

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

You seem to be over reacting, will have our second az jab with no qualms..

What do you think has gone 'wrong'?

When was the last time you got into your car and drove 250 miles or more?

Statistically your risk of death was higher than the risk of death by blood clot following the AZ vaccination

Now you know that, are you selling your car? No?

The attention this is getting is completely overblown. I had my first AZ jab without a seconds hesitation, I cannot wait for the second.

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Odd that Europe didn't negotiate sufficient supply of the az jab quickly enough, spat their dummy when az couldn't meet their demands (and the promises they'd made their populations) considered banning its export, then all of a sudden "ahh, well, the reason we haven't met our vaccination targets is that, erm, checks notes, the az vaccination is potentially unsafe. Yes, that's it, unsafe..." give me a break ill be taking my second jab without the slightest concern.

By *na_Luv_4PlayCouple  over a year ago

Santa lucia de Tirajana

Both had our first AZ jab with no problems just a sore arm for a couple of days, To be honest if it was just to protect us we wouldn't have had the jab at all, But seeing so many elderly and vulnerable people suffering and dieing by far outweighs any risks easy decision for us bring on jab no 2.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"There are incredibly low risks of such associations or possible side effects and much lower fatal effects. These events happen without the vaccine and they may not be caused by it. We've got little to obsess over except the virus, so it becomes a big thing.

It's not all 'gone wrong', we're just hyper conscious, following media attention "

in Lancashire

"Odd that Europe didn't negotiate sufficient supply of the az jab quickly enough, spat their dummy when az couldn't meet their demands (and the promises they'd made their populations) considered banning its export, then all of a sudden "ahh, well, the reason we haven't met our vaccination targets is that, erm, checks notes, the az vaccination is potentially unsafe. Yes, that's it, unsafe..." give me a break ill be taking my second jab without the slightest concern.

"

There does seem to be an element of truth in this, and now Germany are looking at the Sputnik vaccine..

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

200 people a year die from taking paracetamol, there are risks with whatever we put in our bodies, I'd quite happily have the Az vaccine

Manchester (she/her)

"200 people a year die from taking paracetamol, there are risks with whatever we put in our bodies, I'd quite happily have the Az vaccine "

Same

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

I'm amazed some people are brave enough to leave their houses, 19 people out of 30 million plus who have had the AZ vaccine have died, the risk is minuscule compared to most things. I had the AZ three weeks ago and the second coming in late May,not worried in the least

Grow up folks,

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm amazed some people are brave enough to leave their houses, 19 people out of 30 million plus who have had the AZ vaccine have died, the risk is minuscule compared to most things. I had the AZ three weeks ago and the second coming in late May,not worried in the least

Grow up folks, "

People are very bad at calculating risk.

Leaving the house is just leaving the house. No fanfare.

There's been a lot of attention around the side effects.

So it's like, the person shouting loudest wins.

Leaving the house = no shouting, safe.

Vaccine = scary news coverage, dangerous.

By *ushtakerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Just a question

If az has been given to millions of people and a few cases of side effects found

Why would governments recommend giving different vaccines that haven’t been given to millions as a safer option??

There could be much more serious side effects become a reality with these new vaccines once given to the populations ????

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

You have as much chance of getting a blood clot from the AZ vaccine as you have on a long haul flight, apparently.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just a question

If az has been given to millions of people and a few cases of side effects found

Why would governments recommend giving different vaccines that haven’t been given to millions as a safer option??

There could be much more serious side effects become a reality with these new vaccines once given to the populations ????"

All recommended vaccines in Europe have gone through clinical trials. Clinical trials will pick up the vast majority of side effects.

The clotting is one that was too rare to pick up.

The vaccines approved in Europe are at least as safe as we thought the Oxford vaccine to be when the Oxford trials were approved.

Preston

"Just a question

There could be much more serious side effects become a reality with these new vaccines once given to the populations ????

All recommended vaccines in Europe have gone through clinical trials. Clinical trials will pick up the vast majority of side effects.

The vaccines approved in Europe are at least as safe as we thought the Oxford vaccine to be when the Oxford trials were approved."

That’s my point

There could be much more serious side effects that could pop up

I’ve had az

Az tested on millions these new ones arnt they’ve been lab tested ect but not put out to millions so how can somebody seriously say these are safer

Doesn’t make sense

Apparently the risk of clots from the pill is higher, than that of the AZ

Preston

"Apparently the risk of clots from the pill is higher, than that of the AZ"

I agree minimal risk

I think I’d rather the devil you know than an unknown

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I believe that the advice for those who had the first jab of the A.Z. vaccine is "Have the second Jab unless you developed blood clots after your first jab".

Two jabs of the same vaccine are the best option.

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

"Just a question

The vaccines approved in Europe are at least as safe as we thought the Oxford vaccine to be when the Oxford trials were approved.

That’s my point

I’ve had az

Az tested on millions these new ones arnt they’ve been lab tested ect but not put out to millions so how can somebody seriously say these are safer

Doesn’t make sense "

When the MHRA approved the Oxford vaccine, it was to a certain benchmark of safety.

All the ones that the MHRA approve will be to the same level

We find out more as we jab more people - but anything that we find out about will be rare.

Trust the MHRA.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"I'm going to seek medical advice on getting the second as I've had a bad reaction to the first.

I've basically had 3 weeks of headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, decreased appetite and stomach cramps. Although there is apparently less side effects with the second, being a single Mum, I can't risk being poorly like that again. "

Oh my god I’m glad I’m not the only one. I was proper poorly and my arm has only just eased. I have started to feel quite nervous about the 2nd. Unfortunately I didn’t have the decreased appetite but aches, headache, just being exhausted.

V x

Pill....risk of blood clots: 5-12 in 10,000

AZ risk: 3 in 1,000,000.

Massively safer to get the jab than to be on the pill. Says a lot about attitudes to women's health.

Manchester (she/her)

I've basically had 3 weeks of headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, decreased appetite and stomach cramps. Although there is apparently less side effects with the second, being a single Mum, I can't risk being poorly like that again.

Oh my god I’m glad I’m not the only one. I was proper poorly and my arm has only just eased. I have started to feel quite nervous about the 2nd. Unfortunately I didn’t have the decreased appetite but aches, headache, just being exhausted.

V x "

I think it's good to remind yourself that it's ok to ask the doctor about these things. We want the jabs out and herd immunity reached - but you have a good reason to ask.

"

Massively safer to get the jab than to be on the pill. Says a lot about attitudes to women's health. "

I'm sorry but what does it say exactly?

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

""The risks of thrombosis for women taking the contraceptive pill is “far greater” than those from very rare blood clots linked to the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab, a leading vaccine expert said today.

Professor Adam Finn, who sits on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, also stressed the need for people to continue getting the vaccine to counter the threat of another “major” coronavirus wave hitting Britain and claiming many lives.

Ministers are seeking to reassure the public that the AstraZeneca vaccine is safe after UK regulators said there was a possible link between the jab and “extremely rare” blood clots.

Prof Finn told ITV’s Good Morning Britain: “The contraceptive pill is a medicine that women take not because they are ill but as a choice in terms of how they are living their lives.

“The risks of thrombosis that come with taking the pill are very much higher than the risks that we were just seeing on those slides [about very rare blood clots from the AZ vaccine].

“Every year, a woman runs a risk approaching one in a hundred of getting some kind of thrombosis and some of those thromboses are severe and even life threatening as well.

“So, that’s a risk that many women take, and accept quite willingly all the time, and it’s a far greater risk in fact than the risk we are seeing with this important vaccine that has the potential to get us all out of this dilemma [the epidemic].”

In an article in the Lancet last year, Scottish GP Margaret McCartney wrote that the estimated incidence of a blood clot with the combined oral contraceptive pill is about five per 10,000 women per year — a risk of one in 2,000, or 0.05 per cent.

According to Sky News, the National Blood Clot Alliance in the US estimates that one in 1,000 women per year who are taking birth control pills will develop a clot, a risk a 0.1 per cent.

There have been 79 reported UK cases of clotting in people after receiving the AstraZeneca jab, with 19 deaths. Some 20 millions doses of the vaccine have been administered, giving a risk of about four in one million of developing a blood clot, and one in a million of dying.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency said the benefits still outweigh the risks overall but while it has not concluded that the vaccine causes rare brain clots, it said the link is getting firmer.

AstraZeneca vaccine is safe, says Boris Johnson as blood clot victim’s family urge: keep taking jab

London Covid cases by borough as 560,000 get second vaccine dose

London Covid cases by borough as 560,000 get second vaccine dose

Health chiefs have recommended that people aged 18 to 29 should instead be offered the Pfizer, Moderna or other vaccines that come on stream as the programme continues to roll out across the UK

“It was not that we were convinced that they should not have it, it was more that we felt it would be better for them to have an alternative vaccine if one was available,” explained Prof Finn, head of the Bristol Children’s Vaccine Centre.

“Under conditions of very low circulation of Covid it begins to become a bit border line, the benefit risks, if the very rare risks of blood clots that we have seen are real and primarily because once you get below the age of 30 when you get Covid, your risks of getting into hospital and dying of Covid are very much lower than those in people over 30 and certainly people as you get up into middle age and old age.”

With restrictions being eased and Covid-19 cases continuing to fall, he also stressed that the battle against the disease was not yet won.

“I’m afraid we have not got to the end of Covid, people might be feeling that things are over and done with but we have still got half of the population yet to protect,” he emphasised.

“So, there is a very real risk of another major wave of Covid later this year if we can’t get these immunisations finished or if there is a different variant of virus that comes through.”

KJ

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Had the oxford jab in feb and been left with chronic headaches now been referred to specialist...still having 2 jab thou

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Just a question

That’s my point

I’ve had az

Doesn’t make sense

When the MHRA approved the Oxford vaccine, it was to a certain benchmark of safety.

We find out more as we jab more people - but anything that we find out about will be rare.

Trust the MHRA."

I do wonder about the ability for some noisy people to think a bit.

So we have a new virus ripping it's way around the world and a vaccine or some form of medication that helps reduce its spread and danger would seem to be a good thing.

Surprisingly as it's a new infection, the vaccine and its impact on the infection will be new.

And it's tested to the best that it can be tested in the circumstances. And yet some folk come out with... "but it's not been volume tested on millions and millions of people yet... So its not safe"

I wonder how a new vaccine for a new infection is supposed to get from being new.... To being tested on millions and millions of people? And how it's supposed to establish long term patterns?

Manchester (she/her)

"

So we have a new virus ripping it's way around the world and a vaccine or some form of medication that helps reduce its spread and danger would seem to be a good thing.

Surprisingly as it's a new infection, the vaccine and its impact on the infection will be new.

And it's tested to the best that it can be tested in the circumstances. And yet some folk come out with... "but it's not been volume tested on millions and millions of people yet... So its not safe"

I wonder how a new vaccine for a new infection is supposed to get from being new.... To being tested on millions and millions of people? And how it's supposed to establish long term patterns? "

It's scary, and I think in some ways the information overload makes it worse.

I think most people just don't consider it. They just carry on with their lives.

But everything has risk. I'm sitting in my chair at home. There's a (hopefully) tiny risk my building might collapse or my chair might break. I don't think about it.

We have bodies to assess the risk of furniture design and building structure. I entrust my life, effectively, to those.

We all entrust our lives to various safety authorities - clean water, food, buildings, furniture, cars, medicines.

This is just another one of these.

They've done the numbers, through human trials, to calculate the common to moderately rare risks.

All approved vaccines, we know that. They will be overwhelmingly safe in the vast majority of people.

Preston

"Just a question

That’s my point

I’ve had az

Doesn’t make sense

Trust the MHRA.

I wonder how a new vaccine for a new infection is supposed to get from being new.... To being tested on millions and millions of people? And how it's supposed to establish long term patterns? "

I’m not against the new vaccines I’m simply saying how can anyone say take this new one as it’s safer

Simply not possible

Better the devil u know

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’ve now had my second vaccine, I had side effects with the first but was perfectly fine with the second. I’m grateful to have had it and I believe I’m safer being vaccinated than not.

People should talk to a health professional if they’re concerned. It’s new to everyone so it is natural to want to question things.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I’m not against the new vaccines I’m simply saying how can anyone say take this new one as it’s safer

Simply not possible

Better the devil u know"

We don't know, but we have alternatives which have been around as long as the Oxford one (Pfizer and Moderna).

And in some cases - particularly under 30s - the risk of the Oxford side effect may outweigh the benefit of preventing ICU admission or death.

These are complicated questions, but we keep looking to do better, and all approved vaccines have a very high benchmark for safety.

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Approved yes, experimental yes.

"

Massively safer to get the jab than to be on the pill. Says a lot about attitudes to women's health.

"

That it's ok to commonly prescribe a drug to women that carries with it huge risks to their health.

in Lancashire

Be nice to hear why the OP thinks it's gone 'wrong'..

Or is this another throw something contentious out there and not partake in the debate..

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Stick it in me. (The 2nd jab that is)

Manchester (she/her)

"Stick it in me. (The 2nd jab that is) "

Give it to me baby, uh huh, uh huh

North West

"

That it's ok to commonly prescribe a drug to women that carries with it huge risks to their health. "

And that it's societally normal, even encouraged to take them

in Lancashire

"

That it's ok to commonly prescribe a drug to women that carries with it huge risks to their health.

And that it's societally normal, even encouraged to take them "

At the risk of being labelled 'woke', it was because of the issues known then that I had the snip some 28 years ago..

Just didn't seem fair that one of us was having chemicals in them when there was an alternative..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Happy to have mine,the pill is more dangerous loads of ladies and teenage girls taking that and not bothered.

It is the EU poison I am beginning to think we are at war with them

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

halifax

I would suggest that if you are that concerned, you should stop any and all visits to any health professionals as any intervention by them has a risk of side effects. ffs

North West

"

At the risk of being labelled 'woke', it was because of the issues known then that I had the snip some 28 years ago..

Just didn't seem fair that one of us was having chemicals in them when there was an alternative.."

Oh how terribly modern of you

My brother has been refused the snip because he's only 32. He has two children and does not want more....

Manchester (she/her)

"

Just didn't seem fair that one of us was having chemicals in them when there was an alternative..

My brother has been refused the snip because he's only 32. He has two children and does not want more.... "

I've been refused permanent birth control because I might change my miiiind

"Perfectly happy to get my second jab.

There’s other commonly accepted treatments with a higher, or similar, risk to health (including blood clots) that we don’t question.

The question to answer is what is better for you, not to have it, or accept the risk and get better protection against what could kill you, or affect your health for life.

This isn’t just about the COVID-19 vaccination, it’s about every vaccine that’s out there.

MMR, Polio BGC, they’re all there to protect us. The treatment with the largest number of side effects - the pill. All accepted because of the protection it provides, or is perceived to provide.

All I am saying is, be careful what you wish for."

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I've just had my first dose of AZ this morning.

The benefits outweigh the low risks.

Other meds have similar side effects and they are common drugs in use.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"

That it's ok to commonly prescribe a drug to women that carries with it huge risks to their health. "

Hahaha exactly funny how now side effects are a thing for men too there are a a big hoo hah

Nothing went wrong. It’s politics. There are billions of pounds to be made from removing AstraZeneca from the race.

Not to mention it provides Europe with a convenient excuse for their slow rollout.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

What on earth went wrong?

Nothing went wrong. It’s politics. There are billions of pounds to be made from removing AstraZeneca from the race.

Not to mention it provides Europe with a convenient excuse for their slow rollout."

Nail on the head. Europe cannot allow any benifit from brexit . Its in its own interest.

"

Hahaha exactly funny how now side effects are a thing for men too there are a a big hoo hah "

I was under the impression that it has been mainly females under 30 who have suffered blood clots.

"

But that negative statement

1. Assumes the drug is somehow intentionally harmful to women or at the very least can not be made safer (unlikely)

2. There's no alternative and there is, most women don't have to be on the pill, they choose to.

I found it on add statement if I'm honest. I cannot imagine there are many health professionals that think 'ah what the heck, it's only a woman, let's prescribe some unsafe drugs' when you ask.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I'm amazed some people are brave enough to leave their houses, 19 people out of 30 million plus who have had the AZ vaccine have died, the risk is minuscule compared to most things. I had the AZ three weeks ago and the second coming in late May,not worried in the least

Grow up folks, "

I think this is very patronising, people are allowed to be wary of anything they put into their own bodies no matter what the odds are. It doesn't mean you are scared of life itself

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Hahaha exactly funny how now side effects are a thing for men too there are a a big hoo hah

I was under the impression that it has been mainly females under 30 who have suffered blood clots."

Three under 30's have died so it seems out of 79 cases

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok no discussing what's going on in your mailboxes please, just block or report if needed

"

1. Assumes the drug is somehow intentionally harmful to women or at the very least can not be made safer (unlikely)

2. There's no alternative and there is, most women don't have to be on the pill, they choose to.

I found it on add statement if I'm honest. I cannot imagine there are many health professionals that think 'ah what the heck, it's only a woman, let's prescribe some unsafe drugs' when you ask."

The sad fact is, health issues that affect females only are under investigated.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP, I don't think anything has gone wrong as such, however there are some serious complications with the jab for a small amount of people

I don't think it is a bad thing to be wondering whether you take the chance that you won't be one of those people who has the same reaction, we did think about it...but we think we probably will be having the 2nd jab

North West

"

I found it on add statement if I'm honest. I cannot imagine there are many health professionals that think 'ah what the heck, it's only a woman, let's prescribe some unsafe drugs' when you ask."

The point we're trying to make is that medical professionals deem the contraceptive pill to be an appropriate medical intervention for the vast majority of women of all ages, as young as 14 maybe, sometimes to control menstruation.

If they're happy to recommend a medication that carries a massively higher risk of blood clots than the Oxford-AZ vaccine, then I think that's very significant.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I found it on add statement if I'm honest. I cannot imagine there are many health professionals that think 'ah what the heck, it's only a woman, let's prescribe some unsafe drugs' when you ask.

The point we're trying to make is that medical professionals deem the contraceptive pill to be an appropriate medical intervention for the vast majority of women of all ages, as young as 14 maybe, sometimes to control menstruation.

If they're happy to recommend a medication that carries a massively higher risk of blood clots than the Oxford-AZ vaccine, then I think that's very significant."

I was briefly on the pill (for gynae not birth control reasons) when I was twelve.

North West

"

The sad fact is, health issues that affect females only are under investigated. "

It's a sad but true fact.

Apart from cancer screening of course.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Ok no discussing what's going on in your mailboxes please, just block or report if needed"

Again, stop mentioning what's going on in your mailbox, report the person if you think it needs reporting

milton keynes

"Odd that Europe didn't negotiate sufficient supply of the az jab quickly enough, spat their dummy when az couldn't meet their demands (and the promises they'd made their populations) considered banning its export, then all of a sudden "ahh, well, the reason we haven't met our vaccination targets is that, erm, checks notes, the az vaccination is potentially unsafe. Yes, that's it, unsafe..." give me a break ill be taking my second jab without the slightest concern.

"

Also it should be more widely reported that over 6000 lives have already been saved by vaccination.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"had the first jab no probs and perfectly happy to get 2nd next week

all drugs have possible side effects"

Presumably you can't risk being ill with Covid either.

I had a reaction to my first jab but just got on with life. Hundreds of thousands of people in this country with Covid have not had that luxury.

Get the jab everyone and we'll be back to normality sooner

All the "vaccines" are still in the trial period.

No surprise there are being such dangerous reactions.

Under a foi act public health Scotland admitted there had been over 2200 deaths (up to 26 February ) within 28 days of receiving the experimental injection.

North West

"All the "vaccines" are still in the trial period.

Under a foi act public health Scotland admitted there had been over 2200 deaths (up to 26 February ) within 28 days of receiving the experimental injection. "

Pre pandemic data:

"There were 12,253 births and 13,652 deaths registered in Scotland between 1 April and 30 June 2019, according to provisional figures released today by National Records of Scotland."

That's 13,652 deaths in Scotland in April, May and June 2019, equating to 4,550 deaths per month. It's blindly obvious that in any given month, people will die, including those who had a vaccine. There's no evidence that the vaccine CAUSED the deaths of the people you mentioned.

in Lancashire

"

My brother has been refused the snip because he's only 32. He has two children and does not want more.... "

Seems strange, I was 31..

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Under a foi act public health Scotland admitted there had been over 2200 deaths (up to 26 February ) within 28 days of receiving the experimental injection. "

We are now in april, But keep going

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

No apparently. Massively so.

Chance of blood clot from vaccine - 0.0004%

Chance of blood clot from the pill - 1%

And doctors are happy to hand the pill out like smarties.

By *mooth tongue 4uMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Had my first dose of the AZ

Never felt a thing, no side effects no sore arm or any thing

Happy to take the second

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 14:15:15]

Under a foi act public health Scotland admitted there had been over 2200 deaths (up to 26 February ) within 28 days of receiving the experimental injection.

We are now in april, But keep going "

Exactly we are in April, therefore the death toll will be much higher.

Pre pandemic data:

"There were 12,253 births and 13,652 deaths registered in Scotland between 1 April and 30 June 2019, according to provisional figures released today by National Records of Scotland."

That's 13,652 deaths in Scotland in April, May and June 2019, equating to 4,550 deaths per month. It's blindly obvious that in any given month, people will die, including those who had a vaccine. There's no evidence that the vaccine CAUSED the deaths of the people you mentioned."

Simply using the same death count of covid , 28 days after a positive result. It was 3 months remember.

Politics his what went wrong . The EU spat the dummy out as they were slow to approve it and when they did they hadn’t ordered enough so tried to block the export of the vaccine to the rest of the world, when that failed the only other thing they could do was start a fear campaign.

More people die due to complications with over the country medicines than the OX/AZ vaccine.

Grow up folks,

Vaccine = scary news coverage, dangerous."

i partly understand this, but they don’t actually need to calculate the risk, its done for them 19 of 30 million at the moment

"Just a question

That’s my point

I’ve had az

Doesn’t make sense

Trust the MHRA.

i didn’t read it like that, i just read it as we have used AZ on so many people that even with finding out about the rare side effects after lab tests we have much more data on it than the other vaccines,

we could potentially start to see other rare issues with the other vaccines when they get scaled up to similar numbers so is it better the devil you already know

was my interpretation of what he said anyway

"Just a question

That’s my point

I’ve had az

Doesn’t make sense

Trust the MHRA.

I wonder how a new vaccine for a new infection is supposed to get from being new.... To being tested on millions and millions of people? And how it's supposed to establish long term patterns?

Simply not possible

Better the devil u know"

oh i should have read further before posting

"

And that it's societally normal, even encouraged to take them "

and they even prescribe it not for specifically for contraceptive use - bit of acne oh here - have the pill, periods heavy -here have the pill , still spotting with the other hormonal contraception we gave you - just chuck the pill in there in top of it

Totally and totally, it’s just all over reaction.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Got my second in a weeks time.. No reaction to the first one.. My own thoughts are that the smallest percentage of people are having real problems with the vaccine.. Not nice but I don't see any reason to stop using it.. It's like all drugs.. Sometimes there's an adverse reaction..

Apparently the risk now is the same as DVT on a long haul flight.. It doesn't stop people from flying though does it?

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Given the number of vaccinations carried out, the number of blood clot issues is miniscule. Yes of course all lives matter butthere are risks associated with all vaccines/medications and they have to be put into perspective. For example, blood clot issues as a direct result of Covid infection and the incidence in those who take the contraceptive pill - both of which are higher.

There's no such thing as a perfectly safe medication and this issue is a reminder to those who've been so keen to see vaccines launched that there might just be serious consequences appearing in time. Indeed, prior to Covid, 'big pharma' was being routinely derided by many people for profiteering from human misery and the purveyors of dangerous drugs. Why did they insist upon indemnity do we think?...

Manchester (she/her)

Grow up folks,

Vaccine = scary news coverage, dangerous.

i partly understand this, but they don’t actually need to calculate the risk, its done for them 19 of 30 million at the moment "

No. But the fanfare of the vaccine risk seems a lot bigger than the much bigger risks we take for granted.

North West

Pre pandemic data:

That's 13,652 deaths in Scotland in April, May and June 2019, equating to 4,550 deaths per month. It's blindly obvious that in any given month, people will die, including those who had a vaccine. There's no evidence that the vaccine CAUSED the deaths of the people you mentioned.

Simply using the same death count of covid , 28 days after a positive result. It was 3 months remember. "

Because the deaths and Covid were causally linked! Hardly anyone has died due a direct effect of having vaccine...

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

The technology used in the AZ jab is not new, it is used elsewhere.

By *ivinefoxWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

I've had my first jab, no side effects, just felt a bit tired, def having the second one in June. The percentage of pp who have had negative side effects is miniscule, especially compared to having coronavirus. No medical treatment is risk free.

milton keynes

Seen on news that 400,000 plus second doses have been given for 4 days in a row. Looks like we will overtake Europe for fully vaccinated soon if not already

By *wanseapaulMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Going through the horrendous side effects currently, day 3!

I'm a hell of a lot more Ill than friends who've had the virus.

Not looking forward to number 2 but I'll have it for sure, it's not just about me.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Had my first AZ vaccine, zero side effects.

Have no issue having the second AZ jab

North West

Mods - someone is lurking on this thread, sending unpleasant messages to people who have commented. It's been reported, but it really does need to stop.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Mods - someone is lurking on this thread, sending unpleasant messages to people who have commented. It's been reported, but it really does need to stop."

I am not sure how many times I need to say it but I will repeat it again

"Ok no discussing what's going on in your mailboxes please, just block or report if needed"

The reason for this is, mods on the forum cannot deal with reports and 2 you shouldn't be discussing this on the forum

Please stop

I'll be getting the astra on 27th. I am worried about side effects, especially coz I have a brain vessel defect I'm worried about a clot.

North West

"I'll be getting the astra on 27th. I am worried about side effects, especially coz I have a brain vessel defect I'm worried about a clot. "

Speak to your doctor about your specific pre-existing conditions and they can advise and find out more information for you. Please don't feel you have to just turn up on the day, you can take advice ahead of time.

"I'll be getting the astra on 27th. I am worried about side effects, especially coz I have a brain vessel defect I'm worried about a clot.

Speak to your doctor about your specific pre-existing conditions and they can advise and find out more information for you. Please don't feel you have to just turn up on the day, you can take advice ahead of time."

I might do that then, though I imagine they'll just say the risk is low.

North West

"I'll be getting the astra on 27th. I am worried about side effects, especially coz I have a brain vessel defect I'm worried about a clot.

Speak to your doctor about your specific pre-existing conditions and they can advise and find out more information for you. Please don't feel you have to just turn up on the day, you can take advice ahead of time.

I might do that then, though I imagine they'll just say the risk is low. "

If there is any kind of patient advocate group for the condition you have (eg the equivalent of Diabetes UK or Asthma UK etc), you might also find more tailored information from somewhere like that. Doctors are aware patients may have concerns about the vaccines and I think are keen to offer sensible advice.

If there is any kind of patient advocate group for the condition you have (eg the equivalent of Diabetes UK or Asthma UK etc), you might also find more tailored information from somewhere like that. Doctors are aware patients may have concerns about the vaccines and I think are keen to offer sensible advice. "

Thank you, I've looked and no I can't find anything on the official medical site. I'll ring docs in the morning.

North West

If there is any kind of patient advocate group for the condition you have (eg the equivalent of Diabetes UK or Asthma UK etc), you might also find more tailored information from somewhere like that. Doctors are aware patients may have concerns about the vaccines and I think are keen to offer sensible advice.

Thank you, I've looked and no I can't find anything on the official medical site. I'll ring docs in the morning. "

I volunteer as a vaccinator and unfortunately we can't offer specific advice about various medical conditions, so you'd definitely be best talking things through with your own doc, who has your records etc. Hope you find it a useful conversation

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I’ve had clots in the past and have still had both AZ vaccines and would do again. It’s all hype probably pushed by the other drugs companies. There is far more chance of getting a clot from the contraceptive pill which millions of women take every single day!!

"I’ve had clots in the past and have still had both AZ vaccines and would do again. It’s all hype probably pushed by the other drugs companies. There is far more chance of getting a clot from the contraceptive pill which millions of women take every single day!!"

Yeah I think that's what the doctor will say.

Interestingly the chance of developing a blood clot with the contraceptive pill is about 250 times greater than the AZ vaccine.

Central Borders

"Interestingly the chance of developing a blood clot with the contraceptive pill is about 250 times greater than the AZ vaccine. "

My worry is the combination of the 2 potentially increasing the odds by quite a lot. That's how my cousin had her stroke (she's also a smoker and on meds for crohn's disease though) x

"Interestingly the chance of developing a blood clot with the contraceptive pill is about 250 times greater than the AZ vaccine. "

I won't take the pill. I'm choosing not to inject myself for the sake of covid either.

North West

"Interestingly the chance of developing a blood clot with the contraceptive pill is about 250 times greater than the AZ vaccine.

My worry is the combination of the 2 potentially increasing the odds by quite a lot. That's how my cousin had her stroke (she's also a smoker and on meds for crohn's disease though) x"

If you don't mind me asking, for clarity, did the stroke happen after having a vaccine?

Central Borders

"Interestingly the chance of developing a blood clot with the contraceptive pill is about 250 times greater than the AZ vaccine.

My worry is the combination of the 2 potentially increasing the odds by quite a lot. That's how my cousin had her stroke (she's also a smoker and on meds for crohn's disease though) x

If you don't mind me asking, for clarity, did the stroke happen after having a vaccine?"

Yeah it did. Wasn't severe thankfully, so she'll be ok.

Could be not related to the vaccine at all, could be the last drop on top of pill, smoking and meds, I'm not sure. That's why I'd like to know about the other people who had blood clots.

Had a few links sent over, thanks for those.

It's not just the pill that's the concern though, since they stopped giving AZ to guys under 30 (or under 60 in some other countries) as well x

Manchester (she/her)

Speak to your doctor about your specific pre-existing conditions and they can advise and find out more information for you. Please don't feel you have to just turn up on the day, you can take advice ahead of time."

"Ask your doctor" is always a good answer for this sort of stuff, I feel.

North West

If you don't mind me asking, for clarity, did the stroke happen after having a vaccine?

Could be not related to the vaccine at all, could be the last drop on top of pill, smoking and meds, I'm not sure. That's why I'd like to know about the other people who had blood clots.

It's not just the pill that's the concern though, since they stopped giving AZ to guys under 30 (or under 60 in some other countries) as well x "

Glad to hear she will be okay. My understanding is that the decision to offer alternative vaccine types to the U30s is nothing to do with the risk related to the Pill etc. That statistic is being used for comparison, as a risk most people understand. The decision was purely based on the benefit vs risk assessment, which shows that the risk of using the AZ vaccine, vs the risk of harm from Covid infection in any person U30 wasn't sufficiently in favour of the vaccine. There was still a slight benefit to using the vaccine, but relative to other vaccine types and also relative to other age groups, the benefit was fairly small.

There's a good infographic which explains here:

BBC News - Covid: Under-30s offered alternative to Oxford-AstraZeneca jab

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56665517

By *heltenhamBiGuyMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Had my second AZ jab today, no issues at all, same with the first.

I tend to avoid a lot of the scaremongering media and listen to the science instead.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I’ve had clots in the past and have still had both AZ vaccines and would do again. It’s all hype probably pushed by the other drugs companies. "

It isn't, it is from data collected after people getting the jab

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Do I feel safe? Of course...only people who can't do maths or have a clot risk should worry.

Same people worrying about the 1in a million risk of a clot are probably happy to jump on a plane every year where the risk of a blood clot is greater.

Central Borders

It's not just the pill that's the concern though, since they stopped giving AZ to guys under 30 (or under 60 in some other countries) as well x

Glad to hear she will be okay. My understanding is that the decision to offer alternative vaccine types to the U30s is nothing to do with the risk related to the Pill etc. That statistic is being used for comparison, as a risk most people understand. The decision was purely based on the benefit vs risk assessment, which shows that the risk of using the AZ vaccine, vs the risk of harm from Covid infection in any person U30 wasn't sufficiently in favour of the vaccine. There was still a slight benefit to using the vaccine, but relative to other vaccine types and also relative to other age groups, the benefit was fairly small.

There's a good infographic which explains here:

BBC News - Covid: Under-30s offered alternative to Oxford-AstraZeneca jab

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56665517"

Thanks x

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

If there is any kind of patient advocate group for the condition you have (eg the equivalent of Diabetes UK or Asthma UK etc), you might also find more tailored information from somewhere like that. Doctors are aware patients may have concerns about the vaccines and I think are keen to offer sensible advice. "

I think it very much depends on your surgery.... Mine are useless and getting past the acd and then the receptionist and then the online form is a task in itself. Why make something simple when we can make it as complicated as can be!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I think it very much depends on your surgery.... Mine are useless and getting past the acd and then the receptionist and then the online form is a task in itself. Why make something simple when we can make it as complicated as can be! "

Ours is shut altogether or passed off to other people if you need anything. A big notice on the website says don't ring up about any concerns with the vaccine or about the jab itself as they are too busy on the phone....I am guessing batting off patients

"Had my first dose of the AZ

Never felt a thing, no side effects no sore arm or any thing

Happy to take the second "

Same here!

It's not just the pill that's the concern though, since they stopped giving AZ to guys under 30 (or under 60 in some other countries) as well x "

Because they have very little supply left due to cocking up the orders....? One wonders?

North West

Because they have very little supply left due to cocking up the orders....? One wonders?"

The Moderna vaccine is coming on stream this coming week, so there should be plenty of vaccines for first doses and they're keeping the other ones as priority for second doses at the moment.

Central Borders

Because they have very little supply left due to cocking up the orders....? One wonders?"

Don't think anyone would expect the government to magically make over 100 million vaccines appear overnight

Had the first one , will definitely have the 2nd , I have more chance winning the euro millions than getting a clot , I trust it 100% and yes I had side effects

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Statistically much safer than the dangers of getting a clot on a long haul flight, does the possible side effects ever put you off flying?

» Add a new message to this topic