FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Could inhaled asthma drug be a game changer?

Could inhaled asthma drug be a game changer?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I was reading the article in the independent, it was interesting which might be a game changer for those that dont need hospital treatment which in return helps the nhs to cope, here is how, an inhaled drug commonly used for asthma has been shown to shorten the recovery time of covid sufferers who do not need hospital treatment, a development that has been described as a “significant milestone" and it have also been proven in a study, what do you think of it? I think it is good news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I was reading the article in the independent, it was interesting which might be a game changer for those that dont need hospital treatment which in return helps the nhs to cope, here is how, an inhaled drug commonly used for asthma has been shown to shorten the recovery time of covid sufferers who do not need hospital treatment, a development that has been described as a “significant milestone" and it have also been proven in a study, what do you think of it? I think it is good news "

That sounds like positive news.

Cal

"I was reading the article in the independent, it was interesting which might be a game changer for those that dont need hospital treatment which in return helps the nhs to cope, here is how, an inhaled drug commonly used for asthma has been shown to shorten the recovery time of covid sufferers who do not need hospital treatment, a development that has been described as a “significant milestone" and it have also been proven in a study, what do you think of it? I think it is good news

That sounds like positive news.

Cal"

Yes, it sure is that too

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"I was reading the article in the independent, it was interesting which might be a game changer for those that dont need hospital treatment which in return helps the nhs to cope, here is how, an inhaled drug commonly used for asthma has been shown to shorten the recovery time of covid sufferers who do not need hospital treatment, a development that has been described as a “significant milestone" and it have also been proven in a study, what do you think of it? I think it is good news "

I saw the same article on the BBC news.

I stopped reading after this sentence, "These are interim results from the trial up to the end of March, which have not yet been peer-reviewed or published in a journal."

I've seen too many "promising new studies suggest that" and "Exciting new drug has potential..." torpedoed by peer-reviewed science at a later date.

It's lazy journalism, and means diddly-squat until peer-reviewed and trialled, and approved by a determining body. Much can go wrong between the article and the final product in the hand.

Wait for peer-review.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's potentially really great news.

Away from the research being done such as this, you can donate your smartphone free processing capacity, whilst it's being charged, to collaborate on evaluation of new treatment options against the virus.

The app is called Dreamlab, you can download it from the app stores. The research is Imperial College London's and it sends chunks of it to each of our phones. In total, the thousands of our phones became like a giant supercomputer running all the calculations - potentially overnight as we sleepz if that's when we charge our phones.

Dreamlab App

"I was reading the article in the independent, it was interesting which might be a game changer for those that dont need hospital treatment which in return helps the nhs to cope, here is how, an inhaled drug commonly used for asthma has been shown to shorten the recovery time of covid sufferers who do not need hospital treatment, a development that has been described as a “significant milestone" and it have also been proven in a study, what do you think of it? I think it is good news

I saw the same article on the BBC news.

I stopped reading after this sentence, "These are interim results from the trial up to the end of March, which have not yet been peer-reviewed or published in a journal."

I've seen too many "promising new studies suggest that" and "Exciting new drug has potential..." torpedoed by peer-reviewed science at a later date.

It's lazy journalism, and means diddly-squat until peer-reviewed and trialled, and approved by a determining body. Much can go wrong between the article and the final product in the hand.

Wait for peer-review.

"

The same goes for all things, including the vaccines, but time will tell and we will see what will happen with this new research

"It's potentially really great news.

Away from the research being done such as this, you can donate your smartphone free processing capacity, whilst it's being charged, to collaborate on evaluation of new treatment options against the virus.

The app is called Dreamlab, you can download it from the app stores. The research is Imperial College London's and it sends chunks of it to each of our phones. In total, the thousands of our phones became like a giant supercomputer running all the calculations - potentially overnight as we sleepz if that's when we charge our phones.

Dreamlab App"

Yes, this could have potential too, that is also an good app there

» Add a new message to this topic