FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Shoppers today

Shoppers today

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iger4u OP   Woman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Just watched the news at ten. Reports of the reopenings.

A large gang of lads outside a sports store in London. All one ethnic group. All wanting trainers. And no social distancing whatsover.

And theres now cluster outbreaks in London.

Its never ending.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

It's been the same everywhere with people from all backgrounds not just one. Cluster outbreaks won't be because of today, they will be from large groups gathering a couple of weeks ago

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Just watched the news at ten. Reports of the reopenings.

A large gang of lads outside a sports store in London. All one ethnic group. All wanting trainers. And no social distancing whatsover.

Its never ending. "

What has their ethnic group got to do with this?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

How do you determine this from day one?

And ditto the ethnic group question

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Its never ending. "

It almost reads like your making a link between the ethnicity of the trainer buyers and cluster outbreaks in London..

Is that your intent?

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

flatearth

All the ubersheep are let loose now they have been told you can the leave the house

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Those clusters have got bugger all to do with today !

Get past the headline and you’ll see they state

‘All identified cases are isolating or have completed their isolation and their contacts have been traced’

Asymptomatic testing will continue in two specific areas for those that live, work or travel through those areas to determine if any more cases

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its never ending. "

A large gang

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Waited outside soccer sports since 5am, came out with new umbro socks bargain

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Its never ending. "

Are you suggesting a gathering of people outside a shop today has resulted in a spike in the Brazil variants in London?! The Brazil variant is definitely more infectious, possibly more virulent, but doesn't have an incubation period measured in hours. More like 5 days, on average, but up to a fortnight is possible. Anyone testing positive today picked up the infection in the middle of last week (approx).

Personally I work at shopping centre in south east was manic today tried to social distance members of the public for their safety and ours didn’t work people generally understood a few got down right rude and aggressive from what I have observed generally today think it’s going to get worse no social distancing no masks please take care all I had Covid last July still can’t taste or smell take care of yourselves stay safe all without exception night lady’s gents

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Its never ending.

What has their ethnic group got to do with this?"

That was my question

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Let the idiots have their week of being idiots.

I can go another couple of weeks without going to a nonessential shop (the clue being in the adjective) while they all calm down / get infected

"Let the idiots have their week of being idiots.

I can go another couple of weeks without going to a nonessential shop (the clue being in the adjective) while they all calm down / get infected"

What's with calling people idiots? As restrictions are easing do we all just have to sit indoors until everyone's had a second dose? Or can we go shopping like we use. Just with a few adjustments to follow guidelines.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Personally I work at shopping centre in south east was manic today tried to social distance members of the public for their safety and ours didn’t work people generally understood a few got down right rude and aggressive from what I have observed generally today think it’s going to get worse no social distancing no masks please take care all I had Covid last July still can’t taste or smell take care of yourselves stay safe all without exception night lady’s gents

"

. I would carry a tazer on a stick and tap it on anyone invading your space

The ‘ethnic group’ part of this post is troubling me! Why is that relevant?!

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

I think we'll stay in thank you very much and see what the infection levels do over the next 21 days. Then we'll be in a better position to make a decision if going out is worth it.

To be honest though, there's nothing in the shops I want, and cannot get from Amazon or online anyway.

After a year of shopping online, and realising how much money one saves not buying worthless crap, it's made us realise how conditioned we were as "consumers" in a capitalistic society.

A year "off that particular merry-go-round" has been quite a revelation, and I don't see a need to rejoin it anytime soon.

After all, having just proved we can manage without it, the high street will do just fine without us.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's easy to misjudge, with limited information. They may live together, be brothers etc. They also unfortunately face tougher outcomes than the majority of the population.

It would be better for people to shop alone, unless caring for someone less able.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 23:45:26]

Its never ending.

Absolutely nothing , what a donut

stafford

Its never ending. "

We are absolutely in danger of fucking this up royally but no one cares because we can have a pint outside.. Woop de doo!absolutely can not see a return to normal by June but let's see eh?

Also.. Just an observation.. Seeing comments that are attempting to poke the hornets nest that is racist comments and all that entails these days

My thoughts for what they are worth

Just a guess but I'd say the OP was descriptive rather than stereotyping ?

Can't be ignored places like JB and foot locker etc you absolutely do get groups of ethnic gangs hanging out in or outside them in clusters .. Its part of kids culture these days.. Not often are the gangs mixed because gangs don't work that way do they ?

Course I could be wrong and the OP was actually being racist and derogatory but I don't think so..

Frankly we can be just a tiny bit too 'PC' sometimes can't we and a reality check is often needed..

Just my opinion

North West

Ethnic gangs?! Do we realise that we all have an ethnicity?! I'm ethnically white with a hint of Jewish but I doubt that the OP meant a group of people of a white ethnic group of some sort?

A) There's no need to bring race into it if you wish to describe a large group of people

B) There's absolutely zero connection between any group or gang outside a shop today and any Covid outbreak because the disease has an incubation period of several days to two weeks

"The ‘ethnic group’ part of this post is troubling me! Why is that relevant?!"

As is the word gang.

I saw this news article and what the OP is referring to.

It was a group of 6 or 7 young black men all wearing masks stood outside a trainer shop.

Hardly makes them a gang and I really don't understand why the OP needed to use the word Ethnic!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Might as well get ready for third lockdown it's going to happen as there is no control people just act like their is nothing which shows a lack of education or common sense which more people had back in the 1980s

"Might as well get ready for third lockdown it's going to happen as there is no control people just act like their is nothing which shows a lack of education or common sense which more people had back in the 1980s "

People said this last June when shops opened and people went to the beach. They said it again in July when pubs and restaurants opened but we didn't get a second wave until October and that was mostly to do with more contagious strains.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Might as well get ready for third lockdown it's going to happen as there is no control people just act like their is nothing which shows a lack of education or common sense which more people had back in the 1980s

People said this last June when shops opened and people went to the beach. They said it again in July when pubs and restaurants opened but we didn't get a second wave until October and that was mostly to do with more contagious strains.

"

Well we know that the virus can mutate but all possibly at risk age have been vaccinated only by age so where would it choose to attack next which age group I'd say by the end of this week we'll have an increase of some kind

"Might as well get ready for third lockdown it's going to happen as there is no control people just act like their is nothing which shows a lack of education or common sense which more people had back in the 1980s

Well we know that the virus can mutate but all possibly at risk age have been vaccinated only by age so where would it choose to attack next which age group I'd say by the end of this week we'll have an increase of some kind "

We might and probably will have a rise in cases but as long as the vaccine is doing its thing then we shouldn't have to much of a rise in hospital admissions and that is the key.

flatearth

Haha

flatearth

Next will be another eat out lol

flatearth

Well we know that the virus can mutate but all possibly at risk age have been vaccinated only by age so where would it choose to attack next which age group I'd say by the end of this week we'll have an increase of some kind

We might and probably will have a rise in cases but as long as the vaccine is doing its thing then we shouldn't have to much of a rise in hospital admissions and that is the key. "

its already planned do your research

"All one ethnic group. "

Wonder how many times you have used the phrase 'I'm not racist but...'

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"I think we'll stay in thank you very much and see what the infection levels do over the next 21 days. Then we'll be in a better position to make a decision if going out is worth it.

To be honest though, there's nothing in the shops I want, and cannot get from Amazon or online anyway.

After a year of shopping online, and realising how much money one saves not buying worthless crap, it's made us realise how conditioned we were as "consumers" in a capitalistic society.

A year "off that particular merry-go-round" has been quite a revelation, and I don't see a need to rejoin it anytime soon.

After all, having just proved we can manage without it, the high street will do just fine without us."

Exactly this

Not been to town shopping since July and don't have any desire to go now. We may manage a full year without going.

By *appy2021coolWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Mass unemployment on the high Street because people don't shop in shops any more is sad to see I see shops shutting everyday

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Good on them, support your local high street... get out and spend some money.

Manchester

"I think we'll stay in thank you very much and see what the infection levels do over the next 21 days. Then we'll be in a better position to make a decision if going out is worth it.

After all, having just proved we can manage without it, the high street will do just fine without us."

How sad. Let the high street rot and let Amazon do it all for us. Drones will be doing their deliveries soon so they won’t need any staff. It’ll be great, one guy can have all the money and everyone else will be be happy with what they’ve not got.

Such a shame people can’t see bigger picture.

stafford

"Ethnic gangs?! Do we realise that we all have an ethnicity?! I'm ethnically white with a hint of Jewish but I doubt that the OP meant a group of people of a white ethnic group of some sort?

A) There's no need to bring race into it if you wish to describe a large group of people

B) There's absolutely zero connection between any group or gang outside a shop today and any Covid outbreak because the disease has an incubation period of several days to two weeks"

I disagree.. Why can't you describe something or label it? We do that with everything else..

Perhaps what may be missing would be accuracy?

So, arguably it would be okay to say.. A large gang of black men? Assuming no whites or any other colour were there? The situation changes if that is the case to a mixed gang maybe? Or is brown or yellow or white not allowed either? .. Whatever.. It's a descriptive term right?

Could we use vulnerable as a description ? Intimidating? Worrying.. Or just plain 'dodgy'?

Or is that not allowed these days? I'm obviously showing my age but I genuinely have a problem with political correctness just for the sake of it..

As I said there is a danger of taking 'PC' too far to make its use pretty much ineffective :/

North West

"Ethnic gangs?! Do we realise that we all have an ethnicity?! I'm ethnically white with a hint of Jewish but I doubt that the OP meant a group of people of a white ethnic group of some sort?

B) There's absolutely zero connection between any group or gang outside a shop today and any Covid outbreak because the disease has an incubation period of several days to two weeks

I disagree.. Why can't you describe something or label it? We do that with everything else..

So, arguably it would be okay to say.. A large gang of black men? Assuming no whites or any other colour were there? The situation changes if that is the case to a mixed gang maybe? Or is brown or yellow or white not allowed either? .. Whatever.. It's a descriptive term right?

Could we use vulnerable as a description ? Intimidating? Worrying.. Or just plain 'dodgy'?

Or is that not allowed these days? I'm obviously showing my age but I genuinely have a problem with political correctness just for the sake of it..

As I said there is a danger of taking 'PC' too far to make its use pretty much ineffective :/ "

The term "ethnic" does not mean non white, but that's clearly what the OP meant. You have an ethnic group, I have an ethnic group. We all do. It's a totally pointless addition to a nonsensical post, which seems to connect a group of people outside a shop on Monday to an increase in one Covid variant in London on the same day. Utter nonsense.

Mentioning race in a description is perhaps relevant if trying to distinguish between people, e.g if a crime has been committed, but in general, it's totally irrelevant to what's happening.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"The ‘ethnic group’ part of this post is troubling me! Why is that relevant?!"

Why is it wrong to describe what they saw??

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"How sad. Let the high street rot and let Amazon do it all for us. Drones will be doing their deliveries soon so they won’t need any staff. It’ll be great, one guy can have all the money and everyone else will be be happy with what they’ve not got.

Such a shame people can’t see bigger picture. "

Perhaps it it you who are not seeing the bigger picture.

We are moving in to the end game of capitalism where wealth and power are concentrated right to the very top and staggering inequalities are being exasperated every single day.

The move to more online shopping is accelerating that change.

One group of bricks and mortar capitalists is being overtaken by another group of capitalists. Both are capitalists, be it the "mom and pop corner shop" or Amazon.

Both exploit, just on different scales.

Stuck in the middle of this is the consumer. They are exploited too. The whole system is geared to exploit.

The whole system is topsy-turvy, I agree.

But the system is one of its own making.

Pay people a pittance, and their economic and financial survivability will pre-dispose them to reduce their spending accordingly. They are merely living within their means.

If online offers those cost reductions, then that's because consumers vote with their wallets or purses. What other choice do they have ? What other choice does Capitalism allow them ? Hint : None

Outcome ? Who knows, but it will be monumental and no system, empire, whatever lasts forever.

Manchester

"How sad. Let the high street rot and let Amazon do it all for us. Drones will be doing their deliveries soon so they won’t need any staff. It’ll be great, one guy can have all the money and everyone else will be be happy with what they’ve not got.

We are moving in to the end game of capitalism where wealth and power are concentrated right to the very top and staggering inequalities are being exasperated every single day.

One group of bricks and mortar capitalists is being overtaken by another group of capitalists. Both are capitalists, be it the "mom and pop corner shop" or Amazon.

Stuck in the middle of this is the consumer. They are exploited too. The whole system is geared to exploit.

Pay people a pittance, and their economic and financial survivability will pre-dispose them to reduce their spending accordingly. They are merely living within their means.

If online offers those cost reductions, then that's because consumers vote with their wallets or purses. What other choice do they have ? What other choice does Capitalism allow them ? Hint : None

Outcome ? Who knows, but it will be monumental and no system, empire, whatever lasts forever.

True and some very good points, I just thing we should avoid Amazon where we can and shop at independent retailers.. Especially after the year they have have had. No doubt, eventually, Amazon will take over but I’d like to delay that for as long as I can.

"

By *hoco DMan  over a year ago

Clapham

"

Perhaps what may be missing would be accuracy? "

so you all for labelling things, but when it comes to others labelling OP's comment as racist, you slide in the forum cock hand ready to jizz on anyone that had the decency to call out the OP for their Passive aggressive, comment

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

"

What would be a better system, in your opinion, to have?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Its never ending.

Exactly my thoughts

Reading

As I said there is a danger of taking 'PC' too far to make its use pretty much ineffective :/ "

Because its a microaggression that is unnecessary- it matters not one whit what racial group these shoppers were so why mention it?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

As I said there is a danger of taking 'PC' too far to make its use pretty much ineffective :/

Because its a microaggression that is unnecessary- it matters not one whit what racial group these shoppers were so why mention it?"

Its not micro aggression though its just stating a fact would it have been micro aggression if it was a large group of whites?

Reading

Because its a microaggression that is unnecessary- it matters not one whit what racial group these shoppers were so why mention it?Its not micro aggression though its just stating a fact would it have been micro aggression if it was a large group of whites? "

The point is if it was a large group of white people their colour wouldn't have been mentioned. Nor would the fact that they were wearing jeans as this too would have been irrelevant.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Because its a microaggression that is unnecessary- it matters not one whit what racial group these shoppers were so why mention it?Its not micro aggression though its just stating a fact would it have been micro aggression if it was a large group of whites?

The point is if it was a large group of white people their colour wouldn't have been mentioned. Nor would the fact that they were wearing jeans as this too would have been irrelevant."

How do you know that exactly or are you just making that assumption?

By *erry 1TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

"

thank you finally an intelligent post

By *erry 1TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

I am sure everyone is aware ethnic or BAME groups catch and spread the virus more than white it is there culture to hug and shake hands when they meet not like us white groups who just grunt hello.